Forum Settings
Forums
Chihayafuru
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 9, 2021 2:36 AM
Jul 2020
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Chihaya helped Shinobu with her cramps.
Good documentary footage.
Yuu showed up with her puns.
Break next month.
Jul 9, 2021 8:55 AM
Nov 2017
This was a really well done chapter where we got to see the characters outside of the intensity of the title matches and interacting with each other. I’ve seen this mentioned a number of times, but one of the key themes of this chapter and the series as a whole is how individuals need others to move forward to achieve their goals. It’s really obvious in this chapter how characters need others from Arata and Chihaya helping Shinobu to Taichi and Yuu helping Arata. The problem is will they realize that it’s okay to rely on others and accept support; that you don’t always have to go it alone? The characters all have their histories of isolation but have to overcome that to take the next step.
KhezJul 9, 2021 9:08 AM
Jul 9, 2021 10:19 PM

Oct 2012
this chapter felt a bit like a closure of Arata's and Shinobu's issues. Yuu is really a sweet girl. Arata doesn't see his own blessings either. Both indeed need to understand it's okay with having a little help from their friends.
That wrapped up nicely. I guess we'll see the"result" of them feeling more free and confident in the coming chaps.

Suou's part is very touching.....I guess there is an end to everything, and for Suou it's Kyoko tan's retiring. Time waits for no one. You can't stop the petals from falling....

Now Chihaya please!!!
Jul 10, 2021 1:42 PM

Sep 2012
One of the best chapters in the entire manga.

-Shinobu is finally relying on another person! I cannot wait for the moment where she'll come to understand that there's a different kind of strength in that. Being alone isn't her only option, and Arata-the only person she had always considered a friend-playing a key role in all this is fitting.

-The intimidating look on Kyoko's face during the parting with Suo gave me chills. I love the scenes where a character from the older generation wishes to play someone from the current one.

-So happy to see Shinobu's mom talk openly and honestly with her! You can tell there's a lot of love and care between them, but both Wakamiya women are a bit awkward and are of little words. But she's taken the first step to communicate properly (as the adult) and that's something Shinobu really needed. I hope there's a hug before the manga ends.

-The time between a match is precious for a player, but both Arata and Chihaya are prioritizing Shinobu and her well-being over recuperating for the final battle. Very touching and fitting of their characters-both are such good kids. I know some readers worried over the injury and how it would play out, but I think the angle Suetsugu took works well.

-"I will bring out Wakamiya's true strength and I will win" that's my MC!

-My favorite bit in an overall fantastic chapter, the turning point for Arata's character. The words of Taichi and arrival of Yuu with the portrait are what he needed the most at this moment. What does he wish for? What does he want to achieve at Omi Jingu? The final page is beautiful, with the ghost of his revered late grandfather bathed in light right beside him showing us readers that they are two separate people, not one. His grandfather never wanted Arata to be like him (unlike those at the association) and the precious memory from childhood reminds Arata of this. Finally coming face to face with his ghost and by extension himself, his grief, his past, his present, and his future. Will he be given the chance to bid him a proper goodbye this time? I'm tearing up just thinking about what could happen.

A chapter full of various characters looking out for one another. An ode to support and companionship, what a beautiful message to end the volume on.
possession1981Jul 10, 2021 1:48 PM
The desire to be loved is the last illusion. Give it up and you will be free.
Jul 10, 2021 6:20 PM
Jul 2018
Good chapter. Chihaya be like advertising the greatness of drinking water.
Jul 12, 2021 5:49 AM
Sep 2015
oh man nice chapter, finally Yuu gets to remind Arata, I really ship these two. The next chapter will be Chihaya's turn, wonder what will Chihaya ask him...
Jul 23, 2021 2:00 AM
Dec 2017
I wonder if Suo will really quit karuta if he wins against Arata this time?
Jul 24, 2021 7:59 PM

Mar 2018
I'm rooting sooooo hard for Suo and Shinobu...!!.... Relatable characters that aren't vessels for stupid romance and shipping wars and have some nerve into them instead of being good potatos!!
Jul 30, 2021 9:24 AM
Jul 2020
yall what chapter does s3 end on?I really wanna start reading it
Jul 2020
Jul 2020
Jul 30, 2021 1:25 PM
Jul 2020
kozunxko said:

Start at ch 138 for continuation coz they jumped around a bit with the chapters in the final episode of the season
Aug 16, 2021 6:19 AM

Oct 2009
omg that last frame was beautiful
Aug 17, 2021 8:28 AM

May 2016
"Women can not deal with five games?" Hah? Go to hell.

Why are they so stubborn and look down on Chihaya? she is the strongest after the Queen currently so it is taken for granted that it would not be strange if she would lose some games.
Nov 16, 2021 1:55 AM

Oct 2017
Damn these chapters just keep making me support Shinobu and Suo more and more. I love their characters so much.

More topics from this board

» Problem with this manga.

Suiely_c-ute - Mar 22

3 by Suiely_c-ute »»
Mar 28, 7:51 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru Chapter 247 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

MaahHeim - Jul 31, 2022

197 by chiakimagoto »»
Mar 18, 1:31 AM

» Chihayafuru Sequel - Chihayafuru plus - kimi ga tame announced

ItzElite - Oct 31, 2023

19 by CelticMindset »»
Jan 2, 3:34 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru Chapter 205 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2018

79 by Zooincle »»
Oct 31, 2023 9:39 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru Chapter 134 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2014

15 by Zooincle »»
Oct 29, 2023 9:23 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.