Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 8, 2021 9:56 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Fear is the mind-killer!

I'm not sure if we needed yet another underground boss fight on moving containers against something like a Tyrant (or something similar, forgive me as I'm not super well-versed in RE lore), but overall it wasn't too bad.

Sometimes the walking animations seemed a bit off during the first episode, but the visuals overall were actually really, really good. At least when it comes to the individual characters.

Infinite Darkness is maybe a bit too much for a subtitle, but I don't care too much and I always welcome some more Resident Evil.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jul 8, 2021 10:14 AM
Jun 2021
cyruz said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Fear is the mind-killer!

I'm not sure if we needed yet another underground boss fight on moving containers against something like a Tyrant (or something similar, forgive me as I'm not super well-versed in RE lore), but overall it wasn't too bad.

Sometimes the walking animations seemed a bit off during the first episode, but the visuals overall were actually really, really good. At least when it comes to the individual characters.

Infinite Darkness is maybe a bit too much for a subtitle, but I don't care too much and I always welcome some more Resident Evil.

After reading your comment, how much would you rate it?
Jul 8, 2021 3:32 PM

Apr 2020
Meh... It's all right I guess.
It's very weird to hear RE in jp. 6/10. I expected it to be better.
Go watch Gintama boyo/grill
My discord server for gaming and anime/manga: https://discord.com/invite/4mqXfNEJ9A
Jul 8, 2021 6:03 PM
Mar 2018
I feel as though I wasted my time with this series.
I had moderately high expectations for this to be at least tolerable, especially when Leon and Claire are MEANT to be front and center like the trailers promised. I’m better off going back and replaying RE2 (remake) again.
The story was all levels of meh to me. The only redeeming qualities are it’s animation (really a massive improvement since Vendetta, which also had decent CG), the voicing acting was pretty good (the fact they brought back the voice actors for Leon and Claire from the remake was beyond a plus.) Nick does a great job as an older Leon. I actually wouldn’t mind if they bring him back again for RE4 remake.
Other than that, this series doesn’t amount to anything at the end of the day. Despite that the fact that this is meant to take places two years after RE4. I felt nothing at the end of it. I was also not a fan of the random spat between Leon and Claire at the end. It felt so OOC. I would much rather rewatch Vendetta again - any of the CG RE films for that matter over this.

5/10
SilentKitsune_95Jul 8, 2021 6:08 PM
Jul 8, 2021 8:01 PM

Apr 2016
Maybe I was expecting a little much from this considering I didn't enjoy the previous movie but eh, it just did nothing interesting. I was slightly expecting it to be somewhat as good as Degeneration or Damnation.

It's also weird why they did this as a series instead of just a movie but whatever.

Unlike the previous three, I watched this one with JP dub because of the VA for Leon (the EN trailer made me cringe, it's like a child's voice in an adult's body, on top of not wanting to be reminded of RE:2), and thankfully it was good.

But there was one thing that's cool, although I wanted a physical appearance of the character instead. They could've done it in the epilogue but oh well.

This made me feel like replaying/rewatching RE4/Degeneration.
Jul 8, 2021 8:43 PM

Jan 2009
not bad but the movies are definitely more action packed

i do get the idea that Jason should have let spread terror or fear so that the public will be aware of zombie bio-weapons already or heck even let Claire have the chip that contains all the secret data about the zombie experiments but ye Leon choose to preserve national security more of USA
Jul 9, 2021 12:42 AM

May 2008
I guess that argument at the end is the reason we don't see Leon and Claire team up in the games after this.

If Chris is watching this, he would probably yell, "GODDAMNIT LEON! YOU SHOULD HAVE CONTINUE THE REDFIELD BLOODLINE!"
Jul 10, 2021 12:43 AM

Feb 2020
Cgi Animation was so good (it was even better than final fantasy kingsglaive in my opinion). Though Story was not very good (inferior to previous 3 biohazard/resident evil movies). I mean good ideas were there but both execution and action was lackluster. Overall still decent watch. Though Japanese sound really felt weird
AdampkJul 10, 2021 12:47 AM
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Jul 12, 2021 5:26 PM

Jan 2017
I found it very weak compared to movies, a 6/10! I still think Biohazard Damnation is better, and it's time to make a movie adapting Raccoon City!
Jul 13, 2021 9:05 AM

Jan 2018
NOOO LEON YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO CONTINUE THE REDFIELD BLOODLINE!

Jokes aside, I'm pretty sure this series was initially conceived as another movie but then Netflix probably made some deal which made them split it into 4 episodes thus making it a series. But compared to the other CG RE movies this one was very lacking in terms of action. I was expecting something as ridiculous as RE Vendetta if not more.

Wow Jason was the bogeyman all along. Who would've thought after all his cringey speech about "fear". Normally in the games the transformation to the final boss takes stages but here it took like less than a second. The design is also very generic.

I'm surprised no one mentioned the death of... *checks again* SHEN MAY. It was very anti-climactic. Somehow she took more screentime than Claire Redfield who's the poster heroine.
Jul 14, 2021 9:15 AM

Aug 2017
Awful. So many things wrong in this episode.

-An entire family died so the conspiracy could be revealed but nah, Leon just decides to not give the chip to Claire. Seriously, the writers made Leon a dick for no reason. What was the point pf the entire story then?

-They barely explained that explosion in China. It looks like it was Jason but they never explained why and HOW.

-The hidden facility is supposedly undergroud in America but how Leon and Shen Mei arrived there in minutes. Unless the pacing is a mess or i didn't pay attention, that's terrible.

-The plot armor is ridiculous for Claire and Leon. And we know they are the protagonists and experts in this but don't make it too obvious!

-Why Jason suddenly kills Shen Mei? It was so hilariously bad lol.

-How did Bernie Sanders Wilson escape quickly?

-The fact that Claire saw 2 guys walk into her motel room, only smacked one guy, and then completely let her guard down to be tazed by the other dude. How she can lose? lol

-Jason every 5 seconds: "terror", "fear".

-For some reason, the dumbass Wilson holds Claire as hostage is his own fucking super secret base.

-If the base is really underground in America, how nobody noticed that?

-Why would Jason let Leon go when he just snapped Shen Mei in half without a second thought?

I have no idea why anything was happening in this series. 1/10 for the anime

NurguburuJul 14, 2021 9:43 AM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jul 15, 2021 5:30 AM

Apr 2016
Yes, the explosion and Leon's sudden assumption that it was Jason and that he knows his intents was pretty weird. It felt like they skipped an episode or something. And they should've explained how they got to the facility so fast, like a personal plane or something because how they cut to it felt like they were in the same place.

Killing Shen Mei was pointless, well, he did want to kill them in the mansion but it's just weird and sudden. Like, you can go ahead and show your "terror" w/o killing the person who wants to expose the mastermind. Leon was so opposed to him that he may have let him live just to show him what he's about to do, but it'll come as weird when he killed the previous character so casually.

Claire didn't see the 2 guys, she only saw one which she attacked after he entered and the other sneaked on her. Wilson putting her in his secret base is dumb but it's probably due to the budget of this series and wanting to rush things by placing them at the final stage, still dumb (you can say that he wanted to show his cards and how serious he is but meh).

Wilson probably escaped through some exit on that level with some elevator or something like that, iirc there was plenty of time. Apparently Jason only wanted to infect him.

Nurguburu said:

-If the base is really underground in America, how nobody noticed that?

Plenty of places to hide something underground, unless you're not familiar with the video games.

This series probably had a bad budget. It was disappointing and pretty dry that I want to give Vendetta another try (again) because I can't decide which is worse, the last movie or this series.
Jul 29, 2021 7:06 PM
Oct 2019
Oh no why they killed Shen May, she is waifu material... Come on

And yet Jason didn't killed Leon.
Let me guess, because Leon is the Protagonist lmao

It's alright Series from Resident Evil Franchise.
Story was mid, many questions still unanswered like how they survived the Explosion on the Submarine, and the Explosion on China we never knew who did it.

CGI and the MoCap was good, it looks really smooth.

Music Score was Okay.

4 episodes isn't enough for the Storytelling, maybe 8 episodes perhaps.

Well still fun watching Leon doing Badass thing.

6/10 for me
Aug 1, 2021 11:32 AM
Oct 2007
I'm not a big fan of the franchise but this is definitely not as bad as some of the comment made it out to be. Watchable for sure.

I might have said this before, but I'm still harboring hope I can one day watch World of Warcraft, Starcraft or even Diablo series with even better production value than this.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 1, 2021 3:43 PM

Apr 2017
My biggest question is where is Ashley, after Leon saved her there has to be a moment where she met him again, or else I'll feel empty.
Sep 15, 2021 4:01 PM

Jun 2019
My 159th completed series chronologically.

For the record, I extended it a 6/10 rating.
Sep 22, 2021 3:39 AM

Apr 2009
Oh man, Shen May died just like that? Such a waste.

Mostly meh but I still like Leon so 7/10 for me.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Jul 25, 2022 1:57 PM

Mar 2007
I really wanted to give this higher than the 6/10 rating it ended up with because the animation, CGI, character designs, OST and even the English voice acting were all superb. Sadly the story is predictable. At the end I actually disliked Leon's decision. Claire is right, they should have exposed the truth. By aiding in the cover up Leon is no better than the villains and this show actually made me hate him, not a good thing for the supposed hero. Now, all the victims got no justice. How is that right?
Oct 7, 2022 2:48 AM

Jan 2020
Definitely a 6/10 for me.

The side characters apart from maybe.. Jason were wasted, in my honest opinion. And the whoever the main villain was in this story was definitely an underwhelming one as well.

I would have given this series a 5/10, but it's definitely animated really well.. and the ending "fight" definitely carried it better than the last 3 episodes did.
KiroTheAssassinOct 7, 2022 2:53 AM
Oct 7, 2022 2:56 AM

Jan 2020
Es
Stormy_77 said:
I really wanted to give this higher than the 6/10 rating it ended up with because the animation, CGI, character designs, OST and even the English voice acting were all superb. Sadly the story is predictable. At the end I actually disliked Leon's decision. Claire is right, they should have exposed the truth. By aiding in the cover up Leon is no better than the villains and this show actually made me hate him, not a good thing for the supposed hero. Now, all the victims got no justice. How is that right?
My thoughts, exactly. I actually don't know what to feel about this whole series and it's connection to Leon's development.

Then again, it's not that suprising when you think of why he feels deep regret and is "done" in Vendetta. This was an addition to that.

Oct 7, 2022 9:38 PM

Mar 2007
KiroTheAssassin said:
Es
Stormy_77 said:
My thoughts, exactly. I actually don't know what to feel about this whole series and it's connection to Leon's development.

Then again, it's not that suprising when you think of why he feels deep regret and is "done" in Vendetta. This was an addition to that.

ROFL you picked the perfect screenshot to show how Leon was "done".
Oct 14, 2023 1:50 PM

Nov 2010
Jason's transformation looked badass!
Why did Jason kill Shen Mei? I think that was unnecessary. I mean, he let Leon live when he had every chance to murder him.

It was a good show. I like the show's mystery, plot twist, and thriller aspects. The White House and Submarine scenes felt like good old Resident Evil. The animation is very good, too. Leon and Claire's one-liners were amusing.

The one thing that bothers me is Jason already had this in the bag. Nothing was stopping him from throwing Leon into the acid pool. Also, Claire barely did anything in this show. All she did was investigate in the background and discover things we already knew from the flashbacks. The show also forgot Jason and Shen May, as if they didn't exist—no satisfying conclusion to their story.
Dec 7, 2023 4:49 PM
May 2021
This is basically shit. They ran out of Script they r redoing the first movie again. Wasted my time. RE Vendetta was better than this shit. Walking animation is still shit. Instead of bringing new stories they can do games as a anime series. Games have amazing screenplay than this shit.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Biohazard: Infinite Darkness Episode 3 Discussion

deg - Jul 8, 2021

6 by MxS7HGS »»
Oct 14, 2023 12:59 PM

Poll: » Biohazard: Infinite Darkness Episode 2 Discussion

deg - Jul 8, 2021

7 by MxS7HGS »»
Oct 14, 2023 12:16 PM

Poll: » Biohazard: Infinite Darkness Episode 1 Discussion

deg - Jul 8, 2021

8 by MxS7HGS »»
Oct 14, 2023 11:21 AM

» Is this continuation from Resident Evil Vendetta?

Francis_0 - Jun 2, 2021

10 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
Nov 12, 2021 5:38 PM

» is knowledge of the other stuff in the franchise needed?

kuwangpa - Jul 8, 2021

6 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
Jul 21, 2021 5:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.