Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jul 5, 2021 10:43 AM
Jul 2020
nightcrawlercyp said:
mangolassi04 said:

Civil servants are the ones that fund your country. Who do you think collects your taxes?
A country is founded generally by an army lead by a general. After the founding they become the monarch and the nobles. About taxes over taxation is a problem to the failed model of democracy. Historically the army or tax collectors would collect taxes which were much fewer and smaller . But what a civil service does is this: decide to do something for the people without asking if they want to or not , collect taxes by force for it, fill their pockets with over 90% of the money collected and then use the rest to do a poor job of what they planned to do if it ever gets done. And the more civil servants the more money get into their pockets less in the actual work and worse that work is. But many like this because either are not net tax payers or are civil servants.

Oh sorry I didn't know I was talking to a libertarian. Ok bye go back to your forest hut
Jul 5, 2021 11:06 AM
Nov 2019
Well this isekai is kida taking a lot from Log Horizon political speaking, Liscia well i don't know if is just me but i see her like a carbon copy of SAO Asuna(just the same vibe as a characther) so fare i hope that this anime will be good 6/10 for start.
Jul 5, 2021 11:12 AM

Jul 2020
I usually Watch at 1.6x But That Shit NAHHH
I AM waiting For dub
I can't Slow Down Just TO watch A generic "where IS the Plot" Isekai
Jul 5, 2021 11:27 AM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
This show remind me of Alderamin on the Sky.

Jul 5, 2021 12:30 PM

Sep 2020
Honestly I'm loving it. Yes it's not a serious show but it's dumb and funny and I enjoy the hell out of it. I hope the show keeps harem, adventures, fanservice & fights to a minimum, and all the episodes will be just bureaucracy, paperwork, and taxes. It must get as autistic as possible. We don't need any more usual isekai shit, we need taxes. "Minmaxing: the Anime". Taxes. Really looking forward to the next episode.
Jul 5, 2021 1:09 PM

Jun 2013
This was a decent start, not sure how i feel about it overall though.
Jul 5, 2021 5:50 PM
May 2011
DirectorK said:
@RedChrome
@ninja_jesus

I do get what you two are saying but you're both forgetting one thing when it comes to adaptations, especially in anime: Time constraints. If either of you have done any kind of film making you would know how much of a nuisance this is especially when it comes to fantasy setting. J.C. Perhaps Staff could have gone without an OP in this opening episode since they didn't have an ED but even then there's only so much you can do without the amount of time you have. We're talking about a twenty-three minute episode after all. If this had been a fifty minute episode then it probably would have been perfect, but this is what we got so far and I'm totally fine with it.

Fair enough, that’s the bane of any anime production studio, and with the overworking problem in the industry not getting better any time soon, I should have more reasonable expectations, haha.

DirectorK said:
The purpose of the opening act is to give the viewers a decent idea of what the setting is, who the characters are, and what the story will be about. This first episode succeeded in all three subjects and I got no complaints. It did what it needed to do without overwhelming the audience with a massive info dump. If they included every single detail then a lot more people would be complaining, "Too much info! I don't care about this stuff! I want more action! I want more waifus! I want more fanservice!"

To be honest, the info dump we got in the episode was still less than what the novel did and in a more concise manner so you’re right, I wouldn’t complain about it. I just felt like it was too soon to introduce so many characters at once and they could’ve focused on the main pairing a bit more this episode.

DirectorK said:
You see what I'm getting at? Just give the audience enough to digest for now and give them more later. To be honest I'm more worried that they'll forget about what the story was originally suppose to be in favor of providing more fanservice as the series goes on. This is J.C. Staff after all and they're notorious for their fanservice.

This story is already rife with fan service, so be prepared for that..
Jul 5, 2021 6:26 PM
Dec 2019
This is a silly first episode, I'm loving it. And great job casting Kobayashi Yuusuke for the MC, not many seiyuu or actor that can spout so many long lines and not sounds boring. Even if I don't really understand some of it.
Jul 5, 2021 9:08 PM

Dec 2020
So far a worthy alternative to Log Horizon that I won't fell asleep watching. Hope to see it keeps up the good pace on coming episodes.
Jul 6, 2021 12:24 AM
Apr 2021
looks interesting, don’t really have a lot of words for it but i wanna see how it turns out.
Jul 6, 2021 5:40 AM
Jan 2021
This turned out to be way better than I expected. I hope they handle the harem well or its going down to 6/10 for me.
Jul 6, 2021 6:18 AM
Mar 2020
From the start, grandpa wishes grandson to start a harem, I mean a family, and protect it.
Jul 6, 2021 5:20 PM

Jul 2019
This anime use FPS is too wasteful!!!!!
Director brain cells maybe melting about something to make this Masterpiece content to such stupid anime!!
Whats going on in nowday anime prodution!!
i can believe it!!
this studio absolutely spent too much money to too useless FPS!!

i mean! look at MC his character and seiyuu who his voice is not match!!
we talk about Realist Hero!! Realist!!! MC but WTF they choose Yuusuke Kobayashi for voice acting this Character!! Why not Fukuyama Jun of Miyano mamoru!! they have lot experience with voice acting dark personality character!! like Okabe, Ryner Lute, Cassim, Toori, Kazuma, Asano, Dazai Osamu!!
lot lot of them!
I actually expect when this story get anime MC seiyuu should be Kamiya Hiroshi BUT NOW!! they use Yuusuke Kobayashi!! for this!!! his not bad but c'mon!! he great work only Subaru with such good acting but his original acting is not Dark BUT SUCH COMEDY!!! JOCKING!!, OR MAYBE DIRTY TALK!! BUT NOT SERIOUS DARK!!! his performance is not used to be that!!
Jul 6, 2021 8:16 PM
Jun 2021
1_Narumi_1 said:
This anime use FPS is too wasteful!!!!!
Director brain cells maybe melting about something to make this Masterpiece content to such stupid anime!!
Whats going on in nowday anime prodution!!
i can believe it!!
this studio absolutely spent too much money to too useless FPS!!

i mean! look at MC his character and seiyuu who his voice is not match!!
we talk about Realist Hero!! Realist!!! MC but WTF they choose Yuusuke Kobayashi for voice acting this Character!! Why not Fukuyama Jun of Miyano mamoru!! they have lot experience with voice acting dark personality character!! like Okabe, Ryner Lute, Cassim, Toori, Kazuma, Asano, Dazai Osamu!!
lot lot of them!
I actually expect when this story get anime MC seiyuu should be Kamiya Hiroshi BUT NOW!! they use Yuusuke Kobayashi!! for this!!! his not bad but c'mon!! he great work only Subaru with such good acting but his original acting is not Dark BUT SUCH COMEDY!!! JOCKING!!, OR MAYBE DIRTY TALK!! BUT NOT SERIOUS DARK!!! his performance is not used to be that!!

Bruh, chill out. Tbh, I didn't like VA yuusuke kobayashi for Souma Kazuya. But at least give him some chance to prove it until end of series. It's interesting so far. Well, I'm more concerned about Inorin that voiced Liscia. It's more like Mabusheena that I hate it (not character development. but totally acting voice was not match). That's why I'm looking forward to see their progress and story. Until now, the first episode was good to watch.

And I hope the studio didn't ruin this series too much.
Jul 6, 2021 8:34 PM

Jul 2019
Craeston said:

Bruh, chill out. Tbh, I didn't like VA yuusuke kobayashi for Souma Kazuya. But at least give him some chance to prove it until end of series. It's interesting so far. Well, I'm more concerned about Inorin that voiced Liscia. It's more like Mabusheena that I hate it (not character development. but totally acting voice was not match). That's why I'm looking forward to see their progress and story. Until now, the first episode was good to watch.

yeah i think you right, this still only ep1 important think maybe will appear in ep 2-3.
but you know i just feel sad~ you know they wasteting lot of money for useless fps, make useless motion. when other good studio with good skill doesn't have much money and good content~ i just feel sad about it
Jul 6, 2021 10:08 PM
Nov 2015
I like the pace,because explain everything we will not reach episode 12
Jul 7, 2021 1:47 AM

Feb 2018
I think the MC will be that fiancee blonde milf zzz
Jul 7, 2021 7:07 AM

Dec 2020
The start was a lithe same how shield hero beco he got summoned after he read the book.
The world look nice but i need to say that they rush it but i hope it gets better. I like the VA of kazuya.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Jul 7, 2021 2:03 PM
Dec 2020
A really good first episode I enjoyed it a lot. Definitely gonna be a good anime for the summer. Can’t wait for the next episode. Also this MC a smart ass fr.😂🔥❤️👍🏻
Jul 7, 2021 3:21 PM

Nov 2012
kei78 said:
I read the ln and the manga

this adaptation seems flavourless.

ill see if i keep watching or not in 2 weeks

I think "flavorless" hits the nail on the head.

Dang, my expectations were low but it took under 10 minutes for my eyes to glaze over. It's all exposition and the "hero" is WAY TOO CALM ABOUT EVERYTHING? I mean, the fact that he doesn't react much at all to being summoned to a parallel world could be played for some great laughs, but the show seems to want me to take him and his lack of surprise/jump to scolding everyone as a sign that he's responsible or cool or something???

And then they talk 3 days about something or other and suddenly he's king (because he apparently proved he's more competent in 3 days or whatever) and engaged, and THAT's what surprises him?

More like "how a self-important piece of cardboard made me fall asleep." Hard pass.
Jul 7, 2021 4:23 PM

Nov 2011
Man I loved episode 1. The amount of Waifus is immense and I am hyped to see where this anime goes.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jul 8, 2021 6:50 AM

Apr 2017
dannymilk said:
welp…that Seto Kaiba reference got me staying for this

When was it? I think I missed it.
Jul 8, 2021 9:18 AM
May 2021
Interesting, let's see what this anime give me
Jul 8, 2021 12:26 PM
Jan 2021
_Goldee_ said:
dannymilk said:
welp…that Seto Kaiba reference got me staying for this

When was it? I think I missed it.

That was the "Time is Money!" with a different art style.
Jul 8, 2021 9:15 PM
Aug 2016
Went into this thinking it would be kind of stale, but it's pretty good. "We will watch your career with great interest."

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jul 9, 2021 8:52 PM

Dec 2020
interesting premise but so far it looks pretty eh, hopefully gets better soon id like to see the world building with more of a political and "realist side" so im looking forward to that
Jul 10, 2021 9:46 AM
Nov 2019
Another anime by J.C Staff. How many they're doing a year ..!?🙃🙃
I'm really worried about their staff tho ..
Abdulaziz_AlwahaJul 10, 2021 9:50 AM
Jul 10, 2021 10:20 AM
Oct 2018
NGL, pilot seems a little shaky. Standard fantasy world; multiple species, demon invasion, generic protagonist, arranged marriage, blah blah blah.

The only interesting twist I'm seeing here is the "I'll solve things with civic reforms!" The problem is most writers don't have a strong enough grasp of economic theory and policy or political theory and policy to actually grapple with the question on anything beyond a superficial level. As a result the protagonist almost always only appears smart because everyone around them suffers from artificially-induced stupidity. I'm not seeing any signs yet that this script will be anything different. I'll give it another episode but it had better dazzle me to make up for this initial snooze fest
Jul 10, 2021 9:08 PM
Mar 2012
First half bit too much bg stuff, but good Elfrieden & Chaos countries are roughly introed. Designs not great maybe ok.
Nice move to include mc's family situation. Always good to get more econ/politics in isekais. Keep reminding of Sento in Liscia & Amagi Park, saving from poor finances.
Jul 11, 2021 9:20 AM

Jun 2020
“I can’t believe we actually summoned someone” LOOOOOL

Pretty dialogue-heavy for a start. But I like the characters & the dragon guy is so hot.

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Jul 11, 2021 12:50 PM

Aug 2018
this episode was good and that king may look like a fool but he killed 2 birds with one stone.. (1)gave up the throne for the country and (2)he wants to enjoy being with his sexy beautiful wife. all-time long
6 out of 10
Jul 12, 2021 5:12 AM

Apr 2018
Jesus... 3 episodes of information included in 1. Awful CGI, rushed episode, boring plot. It will be way too boring if nothing happens in the next episodes, hopefully he won't be doing paperwork 24/7.
Jul 13, 2021 1:11 AM
Jul 2021
Pretty good start. Animation is good, soundtrack and op/ed is nicely when they know how to used that in needed scenes. But a bit disappointed when come characters design in anime if compared with LN and manga. Plot is easy to understand but still has some interesting behind. 4/5
Jul 13, 2021 9:13 AM
Feb 2018
RayReynolds said:
where is the plot?

"Okay, so, this dude is summoned to another world to save it."
"From monsters?"
"No, from mediocre management."
"But he struggles to live up to being a hero?"
"No, everybody is deferential to him from the start, worshipful even."
"But he solves some kind of problem through some kind of epiphany or insight?"
"Eventually, he might!"

That about sums up the episode. If there were any illusions about it being a harem show as well, the OP puts those firmly to rest. The real sin though is that it's just plain boring as absolute sin. The sole point of any drama at all is the one girl who's skeptical of him, but that's the whole conflict right there, and it's not addressed or resolved in any way. He's told there are geopolitical issues, sits down to do paperwork and at the end of the episode, is still doing paperwork. It's like that Futurama gag. "Press 1 if you would like to see Caluculon review his taxes." Except it's not a joke. It's the entire episode. He doesn't even show up the helpless idiot local savages this week. He just… learns that there are geopolitical issues that I guess we're told are pressing? But not, you know, imminently pressing. More like pressing some time eventually, after we finish auditing the paperwork a second time. What is the story here? Why should we care!?

I *love* this assessment lol. As someone who is really into political dramas I'm all about the genre making its way into anime, but this title so far has been mediocre to say the least. I know I for one will stick it out and give it the benefit of the doubt in order to encourage more shows with the political element, but wow... just, blinded by all of the problems, immaturity and assumptions built into this... its just like if a 14 year old tried to write a political drama. And in 13 episodes? Just--how??

Anyway, here's to it somehow improving and making room for more political dramas in anime.
Jul 13, 2021 9:17 AM
Feb 2018
The political element is deeply welcome. Thought "The Prince" cameo was pretty cool. All of the assumptions this show is couched in and the hubris of this mc is... just something else. The show is barely scratching the surface of the subject matter so far and since its got "harem" in the description it's unlikely this will improve much. All that said it could improve and we need more political dramas in anime so I'll continue to stick this one out and enjoy the mediocrity for all its worth in hopes of at least a few good characters and maybe some more depth.
Jul 13, 2021 11:41 AM

Mar 2013
I thought it was nice seeing a summoned adult with experienced knowledge until I found out the dude was still a teen... Typical *sigh*

Though overall it's a little bit different than the generic isekei. Caught my interest so far.
Jul 17, 2021 1:48 AM

May 2009
How did this kingdom survive with such pathetic ruler? Couldn't king make MC a prime minister instead of his successor? Fucking wishfulfillment garbage.
Jul 17, 2021 7:13 AM

Apr 2010
bastek66 said:
How did this kingdom survive with such pathetic ruler? Couldn't king make MC a prime minister instead of his successor? Fucking wishfulfillment garbage.

As for the second part, it probably won't be seen in the anime due to it not happening until the end of v4 of the LN, but there's a reason he isn't made the prime minister.
antonnJul 17, 2021 7:55 AM
Jul 17, 2021 2:29 PM
Feb 2021
antonn said:
bastek66 said:

As for the second part, it probably won't be seen in the anime due to it not happening until the end of v4 of the LN, but there's a reason he isn't made the prime minister.

Why aren't we learning that now, then? Why isn't the MC asking that question?
Jul 17, 2021 7:48 PM
Apr 2012
I like the source material but was disappointing by the adaptation. Seemed very generic and overacted; moving from plot point to plot point with all of the subtlety and nuance of a sledgehammer to the face.

I mean, did we really need to add a scene of the protagonist reading Machaivelli's The Prince before being summoned, or to add scene like this before the summoning?

"Mm-hmm, whatever will we do?"
"What can we do about this?"
"Your majesty, at this point, I believe our only move is to summon a hero."

Like watching a play put on by middle school students, who know what plot points they want to include, but have no idea how to introduce them in a way that feels natural and not forced.
Jul 20, 2021 5:02 AM

Jun 2016
From being transported to a new world to immediately being announced as king, that's quite the turn of events. Got a feeling most of this will be dialogue that goes over my head, which might get boring after a while. I'll try and keep up with this, lol.

The episode director tried to at least do something with the camera movement to break up the heavy amount of dialogue. To be honest tho, it needs a little more work. It felt and looked clunky but not a bad idea.

Jul 21, 2021 12:45 PM
Jun 2021
1_Narumi_1 said:
Craeston said:

yeah i think you right, this still only ep1 important think maybe will appear in ep 2-3.
but you know i just feel sad~ you know they wasteting lot of money for useless fps, make useless motion. when other good studio with good skill doesn't have much money and good content~ i just feel sad about it

I know. But what do you expect from JC Staff? they're making a lot of anime until forgot the quality of it. If realists hero got handled by Deen, imagine what happened. Not only animation, but also visual as well.
Jul 21, 2021 7:42 PM

Jul 2019
Craeston said:
1_Narumi_1 said:

I know. But what do you expect from JC Staff? they're making a lot of anime until forgot the quality of it. If realists hero got handled by Deen, imagine what happened. Not only animation, but also visual as well.
damn it i just too disapointed and forgot to look at studio, i don't notice it until you say it THIS Anime make by J,C Studio!!

this quality too low even i not expect it come from J.C Studio!!
Jul 25, 2021 1:57 AM

Nov 2016
wow JCs like overworking this season/year, hopefully they can pull through. the manga does get a interesting much later on...

also, it feels like the princess is a mini version of sento (amagi brilliant park), i do hope they make her funny to keep things interesting (she isnt funny in the manga IIRC)
anime/manga version of steam would be awesome - https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1625396
Jul 28, 2021 12:39 PM

Aug 2013
Been reading the novel since years ago... finally has an anime adaption alongside Seirei Gensouki.
Despite it still being a little bland and less depth as compared to the original novel.. its still way better than Seirei Gensouki adaption lol.
At least this should be enjoyable to watch since the story mainly revolves around the MC building the country.
Alongside his harem.. more of a slice of life fantasy anime.

I'm sure there's people complaining about how MC suddenly knows what to do.. takes the throne... and all the other minor details.
But you should know anime adaption always cut out all these explanations that are in the novel.
They definitely didn't explain the downfall and current situation of the country is because of the current king who is an Idealist the opposite of our Realist MC.
And also the reason why the people still support the King despite them suffering poverty and hunger.
Maybe they'd explain later who knows.
Aug 4, 2021 6:27 PM
Aug 2021
Oke so I was watching ep1 and I heard that the kingdom is having an famine cause refugees keep flooding in. So couldn't they conscript and send the refugees to fight the demons? If they dont have the capital they can just borrow from merchants and never pay them back, if they have already done that they can start taxing odd stuff (windows, beards stuff like that).
Final solution to get fast money is to purge nobles from office take their stuff and find someone else to do their job with reclamed land as payment.
Maybe my perspective is flawed but wouldn't that be the safe bet?
Aug 5, 2021 8:58 AM
Oct 2019
Thomas92 said:
Oke so I was watching ep1 and I heard that the kingdom is having an famine cause refugees keep flooding in. So couldn't they conscript and send the refugees to fight the demons? If they dont have the capital they can just borrow from merchants and never pay them back, if they have already done that they can start taxing odd stuff (windows, beards stuff like that).
Final solution to get fast money is to purge nobles from office take their stuff and find someone else to do their job with reclamed land as payment.

lol, are you intentionally trying to destroy the country and turn it into a people's revolt/revolution? talk about turmoil and chaos

frankly, you sound like you have low/no moral and ethical standards
Aug 5, 2021 8:59 AM
Oct 2019
decent episode. interesting enough to have me watch episode 2

what was that face/voice he was doing at the end during his "time is money" speech?

7/10 start
Aug 5, 2021 4:41 PM
Aug 2021
HagePotPotato said:
Thomas92 said:

lol, are you intentionally trying to destroy the country and turn it into a people's revolt/revolution? talk about turmoil and chaos

You really think anyone is going to revolt over some foreigners(especially when it means you have less competition over food)? All of the examples i gave to get money have been used by countries in the past and none of the countries have been destroyed by those actions.
Also morality has nothing to do with it i just said it was the safe bet, not that it was good or morally acceptable.
Aug 5, 2021 5:10 PM
Oct 2019
Thomas92 said:
HagePotPotato said:

You really think anyone is going to revolt over some foreigners(especially when it means you have less competition over food)? All of the examples i gave to get money have been used by countries in the past and none of the countries have been destroyed by those actions.
Also morality has nothing to do with it i just said it was the safe bet, not that it was good or morally acceptable.

there have never been revolts or revolutions over taxing the public over petty things? there have never been revolts or revolutions over essentially enslaving people (in this case forcing them to go to war for you)? there have never been revolts or revolutions when the government/rulers stripped land, titles, and money from its citizens? shirley, you're not serious. most refugees are elderly, women, and children btw

none of that stuff is a "safe bet". and my point was, for someone to proffer those ideas as good, they must be lacking in morals and ethics
HagePotPotatoAug 5, 2021 5:14 PM
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha no Oukoku Saikenki Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2021

147 by Akari_Netsu »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha no Oukoku Saikenki Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2021

91 by Archean-Return »»
May 1, 4:53 PM

Poll: » Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha no Oukoku Saikenki Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2021

87 by Archean-Return »»
May 1, 3:52 PM

Poll: » Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha no Oukoku Saikenki Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 24, 2021

99 by Archean-Return »»
May 1, 7:48 AM

Poll: » Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha no Oukoku Saikenki Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2021

140 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 30, 10:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.