Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 2, 2021 5:59 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Looks like Maam made a friend this episode. Good for her.

This episode was okay but feels more like a buildup especially with Dai's friends. That cliffhanger seems like it's setting up for something ominous...
Jul 2, 2021 6:26 PM

Sep 2018
This is the most rushed episode by far! 5 chapters in one episode! They cut A LOT OF things from manga and made Lon Berk's first appearance very meh. His debut in manga is absolutely amazing! They changed and cut Popp's family reunion, made it far worse, they cut the backstory of Junk and Lon Berk, remove their interesting friendship, they cut King of Bengarna's first appearance,... I feel like they cut 3 out of 5 chapters, remove all important plots, dialogues and only adapted 2 chapters with nothing lol. You guys who only watching anime should check the manga side-by-side
This is one of the worst episode till now for me XD
Jul 2, 2021 7:43 PM
Oct 2016
Nice cooldown episode after fighting a giant monster last arc. Leona having this summit sounds like a good idea if the nations can work together. Things are going mostly happy go lucky for Dai and everyone. Chiu sticking around should be interesting, his first time letting Crocodine was funny. Glad to have Merle back from before, since Maam is here now too the jealousy is in full swing. Going to Popp home town could be some great development for him, I love me some Popp focus. His mom and dad were great. Going to see this sword smith whom can hopefully make a strong enough weapon for Dai. Hadlar asking Mystvearn for help was surprising but not as much as Mystvearn accepting. He looks to be the next dark army general to be a big threat. Mystvearn having the literal moving castle walking around is unsettling and next episode looks like its gonna be on a rampage.
Jul 2, 2021 7:51 PM

Feb 2019
Damn that episode blew by! Love Leona’s new outfit.

So we’ve got the Orihacalum for Lon to forge a new weapon for Dai, but Myst is about to attack Papnica. This won’t be good. I’m curious to see what Hadlar’s new body will look like tho.

Lots of interesting things being set up for the second half of the series, hype.

I’m hearing they cut a lot of stuff in this episode, hope it didn’t alter the quality too much.
Jul 2, 2021 8:02 PM
Sep 2015
After a recap episode this is truly a new chapter of "Part 2" adventure of Dai. I think there'll be 3 parts in total.

Many interesting new characters. Popp's dad (his name is Jank) is a DILF but he's second rate DILF compare to Baran. Lon Beruk is also lickable but I'd prefer if he's human, what's his species again? Elves? Beastman? Monster?

There'll be hot Kings and Princes in World Summit which was written in preparation for G7 summit in Japan in 1993. Too bad the World Summit will be interrupted.

Will Hyunckel comeback and save the day again?
Jul 2, 2021 8:02 PM

Sep 2018
Lon Berk, one of the most important character, has one of the most badass debut in series. This episode removed 99% of his character, his dialogues that he should have lol

And they even removed full image of Leona's new outfit XD

Too many things were cut out in this ep!!!
Jul 2, 2021 8:05 PM

Jun 2015
DragonKnight92 said:
This is the most rushed episode by far! 5 chapters in one episode! They cut A LOT OF things from manga and made Lon Berk's first appearance very meh. His debut in manga is absolutely amazing! They changed and cut Popp's family reunion, made it far worse, they cut the backstory of Junk and Lon Berk, remove their interesting friendship, they cut King of Bengarna's first appearance,... I feel like they cut 3 out of 5 chapters, remove all important plots, dialogues and only adapted 2 chapters with nothing lol. You guys who only watching anime should check the manga side-by-side

Right? I couldn't help but notice how Lon Berk's interaction was very rushed
Jul 2, 2021 8:06 PM

Sep 2018
Switch_Z said:

Right? I couldn't help but notice how Lon Berk's interaction was very rushed

Maybe the most rushed things I've ever seen in any anime lmao XDXDXD
Jul 3, 2021 12:42 AM

Dec 2020
Big cuts in this one because they want to rush to FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT.

- 3 comics scenes have been cut (mostly Chiu involved)
- Bengana King and his general have been cut (disturbing because Crocodine is involved in this)
- Search for the sword in Janks'shop (has been cut)
- There was tension and mystery to find Lon Berk (has been cut)

But the worse for me is Popp and his mom reunion. She was supposed to be in the street, hanging clothe's laundry. she was on a little chair and she felt. Popp doesn't want to see her but when he saw her in danger he runs and slides to get her, so she dont touch the floor. it was really emotional. Too bad they cut it away.
Jul 3, 2021 1:26 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Didn't expect to see Popp's parents but that's good now Dai needs a sword hmm, seems like the pacing is too fast for this episode unfortunately
Jul 3, 2021 1:40 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Nice. They finally met the person whose making Hyunckel sword and armor, and ready to created another weapon with those material. Oh, so, thats Popp family? Man, that was quick. But its fine, cause they are so unimportant. So, lets get straight to see how well Mystvearn fighting Papnica alone....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jul 3, 2021 2:28 AM

May 2015
A lot was changed here. Most of the thing I didn't really care about. Changing the pop return scene to more visual one didn't bother me. But cutting Ron Berk entrance to that, it's sad. (I'm also sad they removed the remark of Popp saying to Dai that his father is not and intellectual like his.
Ater a recap episode, I hope this doesn't mean the show doesn't do/sell enough and they decided to rush it up to it's end. That would be a shame.
Jul 3, 2021 2:42 AM

Sep 2013
Yay boring arc is over,back to the good stuff

great pacing in this episode,teases a lot

Deep dark fantasies
Jul 3, 2021 2:56 AM

May 2012
Yea, this was rushed episode. I read the manga long time ago, so I don't remember a lot of stuff, but when I watched this episode I had feeling that there is something missing. I want back to see the manga again, and yea a lot of stuff was removed in this episode

It seems like the anime producer want to focus on action. Next episode will probably use a lot of CPI for giant rock castle, but let us hope it will look better than Colossal titan in attack on titan
Jul 3, 2021 4:50 AM

Aug 2018
DragonKnight92 said:

What are the numbers of chapters I should read?
Jul 3, 2021 5:18 AM

May 2012
_Endless_ said:
DragonKnight92 said:

What are the numbers of chapters I should read?

Chapter 133 to 137
Jul 3, 2021 7:15 AM

Nov 2020
Overall, good episode to me. Popp father reaction was great xD.
Jul 3, 2021 8:24 AM

Aug 2017
any idea why they rushed this episode?
Jul 3, 2021 9:44 AM

Dec 2020
They want the two next episodes to stop at certain cliffhangers
so they cut a lot else it would have last 1 episode and a half to have all the scenes properly...
Jul 3, 2021 10:36 AM

Aug 2018
I've read the manga chapters to see the skipped content and honestly, it wasn't that important, sure there are more details and it's better than the anime but I doubt these details will have any effect on future episodes, and if yes, they can always add them later.
Jul 3, 2021 11:02 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
So Leona is gathering the remaining leaders to form an alliance against the Dark Army while Dai and his friends are gathering materials for Lon Berks to make a new sword for Dai in Popps hometown. I always knew that the Grand Master was disguised as a ghost because it was similar to how Master Roshi from Dragon Ball would go in as Jackie Chun in the World Martial Art Tournament. Meanwhile, Mystvearn is making a move to attack Papnica.
Jul 3, 2021 11:40 AM

Sep 2018
_Endless_ said:
I doubt these details will have any effect on future episodes

It will, even lots of! especially the case of Lon Berk, below are some examples with spoilers:
> This and this
hinted that Lon Berk is very strong and with these hints, you won't be so surprised when

> This hinted that

and do you know why the demon army knew that human are holding a world summit? that's king bengarna's fault
The debut of a character is important! Lon Berk, one of the most important character, I can even say he is
but they treat him like a random character in this episode, cut out all his debut brutally lol
Jul 3, 2021 11:52 AM

Aug 2018
DragonKnight92 said:
_Endless_ said:
I doubt these details will have any effect on future episodes

It will, even lots of! especially the case of Lon Berk, below are some examples with spoilers:
> This and this
hinted that Lon Berk is very strong and with these hints, you won't be so surprised when

> This hinted that

and do you know why the demon army knew that human are holding a world summit? that's king bengarna's fault
The debut of a character is important! Lon Berk, one of the most important character, I can even say he is
but they treat him like a random character in this episode, cut out all his debut brutally lol

I think it was already hinted that Lon Berk is strong since the Larhart battle. And one can think of the possibility that he is a demon so he could side with them or something by themselves, not everything needs to be explicitly said.

Not going to read the spoilers but thanks anyway, but like I said they can always add any kind of necessary scenes later, it's not uncommon in anime.

Regarding "King Bengarna's fault", pretty sure it will be shown in the next episode, you can even see him and his general in the preview so they will probably mention it somewhere
Jul 3, 2021 12:06 PM

Sep 2018
_Endless_ said:

I think it was already hinted that Lon Berk is strong since the Larhart battle. And one can think of the possibility that he is a demon so he could side with them or something by themselves, not everything needs to be explicitly said.

Not going to read the spoilers but thanks anyway, but like I said they can always add any kind of necessary scenes later, it's not uncommon in anime.

I think until now the anime only has mentioned Lon Berk as a legendary blacksmith, no mention of his power at all. Cutting out all hints above will make fans "wtf? why? how? it's non-sense, he's just a blacksmith!" when he shows his true power lol
If you know the storyline, you will find that it's nearly impossible to add these details later
Anyway, this episode is too rushed! It doesn't deserve a tiny single excuse lol
DragonKnight92Jul 3, 2021 12:45 PM
Jul 3, 2021 12:52 PM

Dec 2020
I agree.
All the scenes that have been cut seems to be not important but they are creating an ambiance.
they did it on purpose so the next episode will finish with a cliffhanger

and the next next episode will be full fight.

But IMO it's a mistake because we loose some subtile deepness.
Jul 3, 2021 1:44 PM

May 2018
So the next boss is a Gundam xD
Jul 3, 2021 6:32 PM

Jan 2009
Maam X Hyunckel will likely be the ending romantic ship anyway so Popp X Merle might happen

Hadlar will give up his immortal body to become the perfect Superior Being eh

and now Dai will have a sword too but for now they gonna fight against Mystvearn
Jul 4, 2021 12:25 PM
Jul 2018
And the meeting of the fathers of Popp, And it looks like there really are going to be new enemies going forward with the lost sword must have something interesting behind it all.
Jul 4, 2021 6:29 PM

Mar 2010
Never a dull moment, love these kinds of scenes where a master of a certain trade loses interest but then goes all out to utilize their skills to the limits. Love the jelly feelings as well from Merle.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jul 16, 2021 1:56 PM
Dec 2015
Worst episode for me so far because they cut A LOT of things, like other people said. The problem is that they went out of their way to do the "recap" episode, it would have been better making 2 episodes with the missing details
Sep 7, 2021 4:55 AM
Oct 2019
I am Anime only and i can feel they cut and jump a lot this episode....

everything was so quick, jump here and jump there lol
Oct 10, 2021 7:03 PM

Dec 2018
it would have been nice for sure to see more interactions with leona, the gang, popp's family, Lon, and grampa
but i guess they've got a schedule

More topics from this board

» NEW ANIME PROJECT CONFIRMED

SOSYBOI - Mar 11, 2023

12 by Illyricus »»
Apr 8, 6:53 AM

Poll: » Choose the best arc(s) in Dai no Daibouken!

DragonKnight92 - Oct 21, 2022

10 by Illyricus »»
Apr 8, 6:49 AM

Poll: » Dragon Quest: Dai no Daibouken (2020) Episode 32 Discussion

Stark700 - May 14, 2021

35 by Teirayo »»
Mar 30, 6:49 AM

Poll: » Dragon Quest: Dai no Daibouken (2020) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2020

132 by MonkeyDKyle »»
Mar 27, 1:04 PM

Poll: » Dragon Quest: Dai no Daibouken (2020) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2020

50 by Teirayo »»
Mar 27, 7:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.