Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 28, 2010 4:46 AM

Mar 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
HAHAHAHHA "Hey Satsuki, I've got do shot-put. Could u shot with put shot put shpot?" that cat is so damn funny. His retard imitation makes me happy.

First flashback of Satsuki's mom. Semi-touching. Momo's revelation was hilairous too. Who knew :) And the spanish conversation made me laugh to tears!

Haha, the dub totally shits on the 'touching' family moment. I love it its so unforgiving. Bring out more!

...Satsuki's panties were white this time. Hard to spot but they're there.
KinetaOct 20, 2012 10:56 AM

"What happens when we die?" I know that the ones who love us will miss us.
Jul 13, 2010 12:08 AM
Jun 2010
I love how the dub version of Kayako's letter makes the scene simultaneously sad and hilarious at the same time.
Jun 27, 2011 5:50 PM

Apr 2008
Ranivus said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
HAHAHAHHA "Hey Satsuki, I've got do shot-put. Could u shot with put shot put shpot?" that cat is so damn funny. His retard imitation makes me happy.

First flashback of Satsuki's mom. Semi-touching. Momo's revelation was hilairous too. Who knew :) And the spanish conversation made me laugh to tears!

Haha, the dub totally shits on the 'touching' family moment. I love it its so unforgiving. Bring out more!

This bring confusion, stupid dubs... there wasn't anything like that in original translation... also This episode wasn't funny, and didn't have any funny dialogues, Was rather more sad... i hate that English company replaced the script with humorous one... they should burn the dub D:
Jun 28, 2011 10:19 PM
May 2011
EmiyaShirou said:
Ranivus said:

This bring confusion, stupid dubs... there wasn't anything like that in original translation... also This episode wasn't funny, and didn't have any funny dialogues, Was rather more sad... i hate that English company replaced the script with humorous one... they should burn the dub D:
yah sucks that you are missing out on one of the funniest shows ever in place for a very generic and cliche anime
Jan 11, 2014 4:49 PM

Jan 2013
Such an emotional backstory
Jul 30, 2014 12:12 AM
Jul 2018
Dad: "Listen Satsuki, you only get a chance like this once in your life!" *runs into the room with her dying mother and the 4 nurses* "Okay, who's first?"
Satsuki "Do you know how long I had to wait outside for him to finish?"
Momoko: "Oh dear God"
LMFAO

EShirou said:
also This episode wasn't funny, and didn't have any funny dialogues, Was rather more sad... i hate that English company replaced the script with humorous one... they should burn the dub D:

I just qouted some hilarious dialogue.
Feb 2, 2015 1:15 AM

Jul 2013
It's episodes like that make up for the lousy ones. At best the dub version is hilarious but it's a shame that the quality isn't consistent.
May 24, 2015 9:07 AM

Mar 2011
The dub wasn't so great on this one. Some of the episodes are really good. This one wasn't one of the best ones. It was hard to follow what was even happening in the story.
Nov 12, 2015 12:46 AM

Nov 2014
Lol that was funny xD But I wonder what the letter really said. Anyways, I love this series xD
Feb 23, 2016 2:49 PM
Jul 2014
Well, in ENG DUB they really messed up the end!!! I don't understand why would they do that?!? It's OK cracking jokes and all, but ending scene in this episode is heart-breaking in original and I think the translators should just leave it as it was meant to be!
May 25, 2016 12:22 AM

Feb 2010
I love the jokes. I laughed a lot but this seemed like a very emotional episode. So I kinda wished they didn't make fun of it so much. It seemed like it would have been a sweet episode. Still hilarious though. Want to know what the letter originally said.
FOLLOW MY SOCIAL MEDIA IF YOU LIKE COSPLAY ADN ANIME RELATED VIDEOS!
https://www.youtube.com/user/LadyMeilin
https://www.facebook.com/Ladymeilin
May 26, 2016 10:31 AM

Apr 2009
"I'm going to see mama."
-suicide note -w-'?

ohh- i wonder why the big scary neko-chan didn't wanna hear any more of that story =w='

o-hu-hu, so, Amanojaku has a soft spot for the little guy, mh -w-...?

wuh- this got so emotional by the end of the episode -w-'
I like to comment Episodes as i Watch them.
Jan 8, 2017 4:37 AM

Dec 2013
That letter killed me XD
Apr 10, 2017 11:35 AM

Sep 2015
jakov said:
Well, in ENG DUB they really messed up the end!!! I don't understand why would they do that?!? It's OK cracking jokes and all, but ending scene in this episode is heart-breaking in original and I think the translators should just leave it as it was meant to be!
Konekoneko said:
I love the jokes. I laughed a lot but this seemed like a very emotional episode. So I kinda wished they didn't make fun of it so much. It seemed like it would have been a sweet episode. Still hilarious though. Want to know what the letter originally said.

Just to put it out there, there's nothing stopping you from watching the original if you feel a certain episode might be better in it.

That being said it was a bit weaker overall, but still had some great moments.
Sep 23, 2017 2:32 PM

Feb 2015
Really strong comedy in this episode. Had me laughing a lot XD it's so well-written.
Apr 22, 2018 11:12 AM

Feb 2017
The mom's letter was a masterpiece.
May 10, 2018 12:25 AM

Sep 2013
I love the complete lack of political correctness in this show.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Jan 5, 2019 9:29 AM

Jun 2016
An episode about young kids dealing with the loss of their mother turned into that. This episode and episode 10 had the worst case of the plot being lost. A big appeal of Ghost Stories to me is that I can follow along with a fun plot I would have enjoyed as a kid while still having a laugh that I can enjoy now. So, these episodes that really destroyed the characters and plot like this are the ones I like the least.

That said I laughed really hard a few times. The spanish interaction, the dad going in for the once in a lifetime opportunity, the joke about the dad always crossing his eyes in pictures, "that was some good animation". It had some great moments even though I'd say it's one of the weaker episodes.
May 29, 2019 4:41 AM
Jul 2018
the end was touching and it wasn't the first time from this show, it knows how to get emotional
Sep 30, 2019 1:14 AM
Jan 2019
so I first watch the dub and I got curious about the letter so I watch sub the letter almost make me cry but the dub pist me off it should be a touching letter not a nonsense goodbye letter

5/5
Dec 7, 2019 4:13 PM
Jan 2019
I'm watching the series in dub then going to watch the original sub version .
Feb 29, 2020 6:24 AM
Aug 2016
This episode touches me is when Keichiro say he can reach the button when in the past, he was too short to do it.
May 30, 2020 10:53 AM

Jul 2013
I feel like watching this episode on sub. One of those few times I didn't like the dub messing up with the script. I still laughed though especially the random ass spanish nurse lmao. Brb watching the sub
May 30, 2020 11:24 AM

Jul 2013
Yeah I rewatched it with subs and just as I expected, it was a pretty heartwarming episode. The ending got to me when Keiichirou exclaims he can now reach the vending machine because his mother told him to buy apple juice knowing well he can't reach it so he wouldn't have to see her die.

Their mother most likely wrote that letter for the future and told the nurse to deliver it when her kids have finally grown up to understand the situation better.
Dec 28, 2020 10:39 PM

Jan 2018
Wow, good thing I watched this in sub, not dub. Just from the previous episodes, I've read that the dub was hilarious and such. Well most of the time I prefer sub anyway. This episode is so good. It's just that I'm crying over the mom's letter then a disco like sound ED suddenly played lmao.
Mar 18, 2021 7:12 PM
Jul 2017
I prefer the Japanese version with English subtitles because this made me tear up a lot.
Apr 12, 2021 5:06 PM

Oct 2017
ItsSoPringles said:
EmiyaShirou said:

yah sucks that you are missing out on one of the funniest shows ever in place for a very generic and cliche anime
HeroicIdealism said:
Dad: "Listen Satsuki, you only get a chance like this once in your life!" *runs into the room with her dying mother and the 4 nurses* "Okay, who's first?"
LMFAO

EShirou said:
also This episode wasn't funny, and didn't have any funny dialogues, Was rather more sad... i hate that English company replaced the script with humorous one... they should burn the dub D:

I just qouted some hilarious dialogue.

Lol exactly this was by FARRRRR theeeeee BEST episodes YET! - Lmfao i could not stop laughing the entire time it was killer punch line after killer punch line and i don't even care if they butch the dialogue like they do slutskis hair ! Even if she does look LPGA lmfao -

Dude it adds a bit to it by the dad being sad about the wife but always being trampish and running around and the mom and him just happening to get married and going through all this bullshit sexual complications of self understanding lmfao - for the show to do this let alone do it for a dub - it americanized the hell out of it and it works, all the jokes are relateable, because that is real world american life - there are potheads, addicts, really fucked up racist jokes - and the fact that despite these differences and them ganging on the jew kid or the christian girl they're all still friends because that actually does work out in real life to at times, you can laugh at each other and know not everything is out of pure hate but sometimes everyone can also be an asshole and go too far

Its all just real deal shit and i love it - sooooo many instances in this show are relatable as a kid even being a 90s kid i get the jokes from even before my time because they were still relevant, it just sucks anyone past the 2000s probably won't get as much of a laugh out of it with most of the big stage names being forgotten - also all these christian slater jokes are killer lol and then saying the nurse looks like marilyn manson lollll

gfsdfgsdgsdfgs said:
An episode about young kids dealing with the loss of their mother turned into that. This episode and episode 10 had the worst case of the plot being lost. A big appeal of Ghost Stories to me is that I can follow along with a fun plot I would have enjoyed as a kid while still having a laugh that I can enjoy now. So, these episodes that really destroyed the characters and plot like this are the ones I like the least.

That said I laughed really hard a few times. The spanish interaction, the dad going in for the once in a lifetime opportunity, the joke about the dad always crossing his eyes in pictures, "that was some good animation". It had some great moments even though I'd say it's one of the weaker episodes.

Honestly I think i understood this episode a lot better than episode 10 - however i didn't like them botching up the letter at the end either but i still think they kept a lot more to the point of the story than the other episodes - but yeah they still could of made the ending more touching that woulda through it up to greatness - like episode 4 with the running kid, it still had a touching end, so could of this episode, they just got too carried away, but still "A" class jokes lol
May 2, 2021 2:31 PM

Mar 2016
"No corren en el hospital cabrones"
That's it, that's the reason I started watching this.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Jul 16, 2021 6:06 PM

Jun 2020
loool so "f*uck" wuz da limit šŸ˜­
Nov 28, 2021 8:06 PM

Jan 2016
Bruh this dub is the most hilarious thing ever. The ending was so funny.
Oct 15, 2022 2:02 PM
May 2022
wasnt as good as the others. All though it was funny, I felt like ep11 was better.
Oct 20, 2022 1:23 PM

Jun 2008
Very wholesome episode. The ending was so sweet, I almost cried.

Dec 2, 2022 11:39 PM
Aug 2022
"drag queens won't bother you, worry about priests" man i love this show, youre so right satsuki
Dec 20, 2022 1:47 AM

Mar 2021
This is the one time I think the sub did a great job what a sad and beautiful episode. The dub for this episode is unwatchable.
Apr 10, 2023 4:50 AM

Nov 2022
funniest one yet lmfao

Feb 11, 7:10 PM
Jul 2013
LMFAO

LOL I was laughing so hard I had to pause at that moment. It turns out there are people with brains as rotten as mine.
Feb 12, 1:10 AM

Oct 2010
Had some funny bits but it was kinda hit and miss.

"She gave us a bill"
Crack up.
Feb 12, 1:14 AM

Oct 2010
Reply to Konekoneko
@Konekoneko Yeah they should've balanced it a lot better.. you can keep the crazy humor but don't try to turn everything into a joke.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gakkou no Kaidan Episode 20 Discussion

Ranivus - Apr 1, 2010

46 by matheoo41 »»
Mar 25, 4:49 PM

Poll: » Gakkou no Kaidan Episode 18 Discussion

Ranivus - Apr 1, 2010

19 by matheoo41 »»
Mar 20, 7:54 PM

Poll: » Gakkou no Kaidan Episode 15 Discussion

Ranivus - Mar 28, 2010

24 by matheoo41 »»
Feb 20, 6:39 PM

Poll: » Gakkou no Kaidan Episode 10 Discussion

stand - Oct 22, 2013

21 by Sexyjutsu »»
Feb 7, 1:02 AM

Poll: » Gakkou no Kaidan Episode 19 Discussion

Ranivus - Apr 1, 2010

28 by Zewerr »»
Feb 5, 9:21 PM
Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.