Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 1, 2010 3:34 AM

Mar 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Some of the best lines in the whole series is in this episode!!! God Momoko stole the whole episode on this one!

Example 1:
Momoko: If you do, I'll suck you off for a scoobie snack ^_^
Hajime: [whispers]Oh my god, you'll suck us off for a scoobie snack? *_*
Leo: [whispers] Oh my god, she'll suck us off for a scoobie snack? *_*
Keiichiro: [confused] Don't know what it is, BUT I WANT IT! o/

Example 2:
Satsuki: Yes he will! Hi have a great rack, awesome legs, and a cute butt..
Momoko: Do you have a penis?
Satsuki: ...and a big ...what?
Momoko: A penis. I know you're kind of manly but I doubt you have what Maki's looking for. You see, Maki is FILTHY anal pirate and gives oral pleasure to men.
Momoko: So hes gay?

The headless motorcycle man. Pure classic episode. This was the episode that got me hooked on this series when i saw this on Anime Network on TV. So many "head" jokes its almost hard to keep up. "Well you know, you probably shouldn't have killed Jesus"

who cares about Satsuki's panties Momoko will suck u off for a scoobie snack!
KinetaOct 20, 2012 10:56 AM

"What happens when we die?" I know that the ones who love us will miss us.
Jul 18, 2011 11:22 AM

Apr 2008
Ranivus said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Some of the best lines in the whole series is in this episode!!! God Momoko stole the whole episode on this one!

Example 1:

Example 2:
Momoko: A penis. I know you're kind of manly but I doubt you have what Maki's looking for. You see, Maki is FILTHY anal pirate and gives oral pleasure to men.

The headless motorcycle man. Pure classic episode. This was the episode that got me hooked on this series when i saw this on Anime Network on TV. So many "head" jokes its almost hard to keep up. "Well you know, you probably shouldn't have killed Jesus"

who cares about Satsuki's panties Momoko will suck u off for a scoobie snack!

Pointless shitty dub is pointless ^^

Anyway BACK to the ORIGINAL Script.

Omg O.o this episode was scary O.o and the ending part with headless was just omfg... and omfg... looks like next episode will be intense and sad as well T.T
Jan 11, 2014 10:07 PM

Jan 2013
The final episode, there must be a kiss scene
Mar 11, 2014 1:16 PM

May 2008
Scarves are flying back like boomerangs and the headless ghost is a pink dude!?! This episode was a little dumb and less scarier.
Jun 3, 2014 7:07 PM

Feb 2012
The dub was spot on, this episode was extremely stupid. They resolve absolutely nothing, and everything happened just because.
Aug 1, 2014 12:14 AM
Jul 2018
EShirou said:

Pointless shitty dub is pointless ^^

Anyway BACK to the ORIGINAL Script.

Omg O.o this episode was scary O.o and the ending part with headless was just omfg... and omfg... looks like next episode will be intense and sad as well T.T

Dude, just stop it.

Phaetons_Folly said:
The dub was spot on, this episode was extremely stupid. They resolve absolutely nothing, and everything happened just because.

haha Seriously. The dub was freaking hilarious, though. My favorite part was when Satsuki was making all of those sexual noises (Hilary Haag's voice was freaking sexy , btw) and then Hajime somehow ends up on top of Satsuki and they're both breathing heavily like they just had sex xD That was... unexpected lmao

Ranivus said:

Example 1:

Example 2:

Hilarious quotes. I love the first one xD I'll have to remember to give Momoko a Scooby snack sometime ^__^

RediceRyan said:
The final episode, there must be a kiss scene

Between Satsuki and Hajime? Yes please. Although I'm almost positive they won't kiss. Oh well.
Jul 19, 2015 1:26 PM
Aug 2012
nice episode that determines that some spirits will always wander around us
Aug 21, 2015 12:25 PM

Sep 2013
No idea why MAL considers this to be the last episode of the series...

Nevermind it's separated into a fuckin' special instead and MAL never moved over ep 20 discussion into this one.
nep-nepAug 21, 2015 12:54 PM
Nov 17, 2015 2:37 AM

Nov 2014
But there's 20 episodes...Oh well

Momoko was so funny in this episode xD

But I still don't get why Amanojaku was so beaten up :(
May 26, 2016 1:14 PM

Apr 2009
heey- it's their old buddy "anatomy doll" again _xD
-wow, that horn _xD

woah- at that hospital-scene ;_;'

hey- did they do a cheap one and re-use old footage for that train >,>?!

!!!CLOWN!!!!

bwahaha- scarf-trolls _XD

bwahahahaha- no, can't take that stroll down the stairs seriously _xD

woaaaaaaaaahh-!!!
pfft, them headless things are seriously out to get people _XD
-for some reason some sort of romance-story about a headless biker popped up in my head right there =='
I like to comment Episodes as i Watch them.
Jan 10, 2017 1:30 AM

Dec 2013
Dub was spot on! This episode really was dumb lmao

Gay guy was funny.
Apr 14, 2017 8:39 PM

Mar 2016
Episode 19 is actually the finale, Farewell Amanojaku. Curse of Death: The Headless Rider!! is marked as a special separate from the series because it aired a few months afterwards even though it takes place before the finale.
https://myanimelist.net/anime/30825/Gakkou_no_Kaidan__Kubinashi_Rider_Shi_no_NoroiSo

So you guys are TECHNICALLY discussing the wrong episode here. I personally think MAL should just merge the two entries so it makes more sense though since it's organized as one 20-ep anime in the correct order literally everywhere else.

artist | doofus | joiner (but not finisher) of challenges
Apr 22, 2018 8:25 PM

Feb 2017
They totally dismantled the show this time, especially with those broken English instructions.
May 13, 2018 12:11 PM

Sep 2013
Pretty good one-liners this time around...but a pretty weak episode overall.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Nov 3, 2018 6:04 AM

Oct 2013
Well the anime in japanese was way less interesting [...]
Apr 30, 2019 9:59 AM

Jun 2016
This was the best way they could have ended this. One of the funniest episodes and one of the coolest too. The visuals were awesome throughout and even though it didn't make too much sense to me it was fun. I'm pretty sure a few plot holes were in there too, hehe. Especially how Amanojaku came out, doesn't he need fear to be strong? And this was right when everyone loved him. I could be misremembering.

Scenes like when Amanojaku walked by the mirror and you saw his ghost arm and when they were ducking from the army of ghosts in the hall were super well done.

Some of my favorite parts-
Strike the pose! Hajime goes into anime arms behind head pose

I'll hit you in the nuts! Keiichirou hits teacher in the nuts so he drops his sister

The convenience 4th wall breaks: "HOLD ON, I SEE A ROLL DOWN DOOR WE'VE NEVER SEEN BEFORE!" & "Thank god they have torches up here!".

The initial conflict of cat form Amanojaku fighting the ghost was super cool, like when his eye popped out, but the dialogue on both sides was so juvenile it was great.

The fact they changed Amanojaku's development to breaking the fourth wall, understanding it was the final episode, and wanting to make it big. The ending cutting off his speech at the end was wondrous.

I also found the notion of the mother nodding at Satsuki through Momoko powerful, she had faith in her girl! And the "kick his ass Satsuki" line was good.

Overall, I don't think I'll come back to this anime. Even as a comedy its not my forte, the comedy I like comes out of love for characters and seeing them interact in comedic but accurate ways to who they are. That's not always the case as I do love Cromartie but that dry, GAR humor is more so my style than this shocking, abridged style. The story was fun, and I would have loved this anime as a kid. I feel the dub allowed someone my age to enjoy it for the childish nostalgia I got out of comparing this to things like Martin Mystery and giving me comedy I could appreciate now. That said, it took me like 6 months to actually finish this and I didn't enjoy it more than casually appreciating it so this is a fun 5/10 for me.
Aug 2, 2019 7:56 PM

Oct 2015
I'm actually saddened that Amanojaku had to sacrifice himself in order to take down Ouma! Keiichirou must've really changed that demon, who was really bent on feeding off on their fear and get back to his original body. In most of the time of the series he actually helped a lot and was able to get them out in dire pinches, despite acting all mighty all the time. He was my favorite character, and I liked how he kept his promise to Keiichirou about the anniversary of his mother's death. I see the diary/notebook's words have disappeared, which means all the ghosts have disappeared and Ouma was really the last boss. Satsuki's mother also helped a lot though, I liked how she protected them in situations- she was a true mother. At first I thought there would be a plot twist that Momoko is really a ghost, but hot damn I was wrong- she looked good in that middle school uniform though!

Overall I enjoyed it a lot. It was more funny enjoyment rather than horrific enjoyment, I really liked their expressions when they encountered ghosts. The animation was good, the music was alright and the characters were all great. The ghost incident only needed to be a bit scarier, but other than that it was perfect and very recommendable.

7/10
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

May 31, 2020 9:56 AM

Jul 2013
God... seeing as this is literally supposed to be the finale I really need to rewatch this episode subbed. Even though I watched this one for the funny jokes, at least the story still made some sense despite changing some of its context. This one just went over my head. The jokes haven't been really funny these past episodes so I'm feeling like watching the subs for it. Anyway brb watching the subs.
Dull_LullMay 31, 2020 10:23 AM
May 31, 2020 11:23 AM

Jul 2013
Rewatched it subbed and gave me a better sense of satisfaction completing this show. The breaking the fourth wall jokes didn't really do it for me this episode or the jokes in general. I feel like I really needed to watch this how it's intended.

They never explained why Amanojaku's been cut up in the headless rider episode but whatever.

So Amanojaku's powers have pretty much returned for a while now so he can move out of the cat's body but decided to stay because he promised Keiichirou to look for daffodils in the mountain to give for his mother's memorial. Pretty sweet.

I guess the show's okay at best. The dub was definitely hilarious. There were some episodes I decided to watch subbed like the nurse episode and this finale and I'm glad I did. It pretty much ended like your typical episodic anime I guess.
Feb 14, 2021 5:29 PM
Jul 2018
Yo, if anyone is trying to discuss the Headless Motorcyclist episode, do it:

HERE

It's not actually a part of the main series and was a special released five months after the original aired. So the single episode has its own MAL entry.

I think a lot of the confusion comes from the fact that Wikipedia lists the Episode as #19 (out of 20), as do sketchy streaming sites, my "Ghost Stories" on MAL only lets you track 19 episodes. So there's some obvious confusion here. This is one of MAL's faults. Some anime have strange episode counts.
Apr 20, 2021 8:02 PM

Oct 2017
Well
gfsdfgsdgsdfgs

his comment and the next four above me all say this episode is
20 "Farewell, Amanojaku – The Descent of Ohma"

everyone above it says its
19 "The Headless Horsemen!! Curse of Death

I agree the headless horsemen should be episode 19, looking at the release dates the headless horsemen aired march 18th and the farewell amanojaku aired march 25th

As you can see here on wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Ghost_Stories_(Japanese_TV_series)_episodes

This means the 4-5 people above me should all be commenting HERE
ON THE ACTUAL EPISODE 20 FORUM

Plus alexander above linked the special above but only 5 people had commented in the forums there so go to episode 20 instead ABOVE ME instead. the real discussion is happening there

not down here in mals alternate episode 19 The Headless Horsemen!! Curse of Death" episode forum - I think this forum should be here and not separate, because it makes no sense to make it separate as i mentioned....

Plus one of those 5 people said they thought the moaning before the biker chopped off the dolls head had tore them away from the episode because it didn't fit the characters, well neither does satski telling her little bro to legit and i quote "i wish you would shut the fuck up" - Fit a kids character either, nothing in this entire show has fit a the characters in any form of reality - thats like trying to say southpark goes too far with their jokes, like they always have, its always been that level of no shits given comedy!

I personally think ghost stories is like a what if scooby doo and southpark met and instead of normal mysteries it was japanese ghost mysteries.

Which makes this episodes early jokes about scooby snacks sooooo much more funnier because ive had that thought sense episode 3 and now its practically confirmed for me that i wasnt the only one thinking this lol

But yeah totally think this should stay the ghost rider episode discussion, just because MAL labels it as a special, doesn't mean thats accurate, especially when in reality it AIRED BEFORE the good bye Amanojaku epsiode - so if it aired before then technically, its episode 19 is how i look at it and if goodbye aired after then goodbye is episode 20, which again you can find that discussion here
Acutal Episode 20 forum for ep20; Good-Bye Amanojaku

It just fits the story so much better, and even better yet for the dub, seeings most of the people commenting in this forum and on every single forum of ghost stories is commenting about the dub not the sub, say for like 2 others - hell the dub itself should have its own page but mal being anime purists will never do it. - whatever that nonsense is
GodOfWolvesApr 20, 2021 8:10 PM
Jul 19, 2021 4:47 PM

Jun 2020
eh lame finale lool
Aug 28, 2022 3:08 AM
May 2021
it was so very funny
Dec 22, 2022 11:43 AM

Oct 2022
"Oh evil demons spirit who's made of rock, how about you back the hell off and suck my cock!"

Best line in any dub, ever.
Jul 26, 2023 10:31 PM
Jul 2023
it was funny
side note: i watched the dub
Oct 11, 2023 9:50 AM
Jul 2017
Reply to gfsdfgsdgsdfgs
This was the best way they could have ended this. One of the funniest episodes and one of the coolest too. The visuals were awesome throughout and even though it didn't make too much sense to me it was fun. I'm pretty sure a few plot holes were in there too, hehe. Especially how Amanojaku came out, doesn't he need fear to be strong? And this was right when everyone loved him. I could be misremembering.

Scenes like when Amanojaku walked by the mirror and you saw his ghost arm and when they were ducking from the army of ghosts in the hall were super well done.

Some of my favorite parts-
Strike the pose! Hajime goes into anime arms behind head pose

I'll hit you in the nuts! Keiichirou hits teacher in the nuts so he drops his sister

The convenience 4th wall breaks: "HOLD ON, I SEE A ROLL DOWN DOOR WE'VE NEVER SEEN BEFORE!" & "Thank god they have torches up here!".

The initial conflict of cat form Amanojaku fighting the ghost was super cool, like when his eye popped out, but the dialogue on both sides was so juvenile it was great.

The fact they changed Amanojaku's development to breaking the fourth wall, understanding it was the final episode, and wanting to make it big. The ending cutting off his speech at the end was wondrous.

I also found the notion of the mother nodding at Satsuki through Momoko powerful, she had faith in her girl! And the "kick his ass Satsuki" line was good.

Overall, I don't think I'll come back to this anime. Even as a comedy its not my forte, the comedy I like comes out of love for characters and seeing them interact in comedic but accurate ways to who they are. That's not always the case as I do love Cromartie but that dry, GAR humor is more so my style than this shocking, abridged style. The story was fun, and I would have loved this anime as a kid. I feel the dub allowed someone my age to enjoy it for the childish nostalgia I got out of comparing this to things like Martin Mystery and giving me comedy I could appreciate now. That said, it took me like 6 months to actually finish this and I didn't enjoy it more than casually appreciating it so this is a fun 5/10 for me.
@gfsdfgsdgsdfgs Omg I feel the same thing about Martin Mystery. I love that show as a kid and watching this anime is such a fun experience.
Nov 28, 2023 7:06 PM

Jul 2022
"Leo replaced Hajime's lube with superglue, and well, haven't heard from Hajime much after that since his voice changed..."

"Where's your brother? He hasn't fallen into an open grave, has he?"

This level of iconic-ness is never gonna be repeated I fear... And, the last sentence reminds you that this show, is indeed, a parody.
Jan 30, 8:54 AM
Mar 2022
funny af, would recco
Feb 5, 9:21 PM

Jan 2009
I'm happy I watched this. It had some lines I will remember for the rest of my life. Only few anime have left that type of impression on me. With that said, the lack of a real final episode will probably drop it a point.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gakkou no Kaidan Episode 20 Discussion

Ranivus - Apr 1, 2010

46 by matheoo41 »»
Mar 25, 4:49 PM

Poll: » Gakkou no Kaidan Episode 18 Discussion

Ranivus - Apr 1, 2010

19 by matheoo41 »»
Mar 20, 7:54 PM

Poll: » Gakkou no Kaidan Episode 15 Discussion

Ranivus - Mar 28, 2010

24 by matheoo41 »»
Feb 20, 6:39 PM

Poll: » Gakkou no Kaidan Episode 12 Discussion

Ranivus - Mar 28, 2010

37 by Sexyjutsu »»
Feb 12, 1:14 AM

Poll: » Gakkou no Kaidan Episode 10 Discussion

stand - Oct 22, 2013

21 by Sexyjutsu »»
Feb 7, 1:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.