Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Do you agree with his criticism on the show being awful (Share your thoughts?)
Jun 17, 2021 12:06 PM
Oct 2020
Is the show really “awful” ?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 17, 2021 12:07 PM

Mar 2020
Haven't watched the video yet but I don't think it's anywhere near awfull. Sure it's not a master piece or anything but it's still good (imo at least).
check out odd taxi
Jun 17, 2021 12:10 PM

Mar 2020
Okay after watching the video I can say that I strongly disagree lol
check out odd taxi
Jun 17, 2021 12:11 PM
Feb 2020
The people in the comments are so mad about his opinions dang lol

Also I think that Vivy is fine
Jun 17, 2021 12:13 PM
Aug 2020
Don’t know how anyone would say the show being awful. The dudes a troll obviously.
Jun 17, 2021 12:14 PM
Sep 2015
Best anime ever. bye
Jun 17, 2021 12:16 PM

Mar 2020
well at least he recommended bishounen tanteidan at the end of the video so he is forgiven for his sins
check out odd taxi
Jun 17, 2021 12:17 PM

Oct 2020
nah, best original and newcomer anime this season. the only
one that’s better is fruits basket.

Jun 17, 2021 12:22 PM

Sep 2020
Vivy is the good I don't care what anyone says my second favourite anime this season
Jun 17, 2021 12:29 PM
Feb 2021
It’s amazing. Only behind Fruits Basket The Final this season.
Jun 17, 2021 12:32 PM

Jul 2020
"Awful"? No. But I watched a bit of the video and he was talking about Vivy giving "shock value". And I actually agree with that. Watching Vivy really felt like there was no stakes throughout that I could care about. The anime didn't give me a reason to actually care whether the androids succeed or not. Why? Mostly because they gave most screentime to the androids so I couldn't care less about the shit done to the humans.

Since they made the anime feel like it was a totally different plot every few episodes, it made my interest in Vivy fade slowly.

So from the 7 episodes I've seen, I really don't believe its as good as people say.

I gave up on character of the week since it takes too much thinking. I'll just change my forum pfp to whoever I want every week lol.
Jun 17, 2021 1:02 PM
Feb 2021
One of the best Spring 21 anime. Look at those robotic yet breathtaking eyes bro, look at it.
Jun 17, 2021 1:03 PM
Dec 2020
AnimeLeviathan said:
"Awful"? No. But I watched a bit of the video and he was talking about Vivy giving "shock value". And I actually agree with that. Watching Vivy really felt like there was no stakes throughout that I could care about. The anime didn't give me a reason to actually care whether the androids succeed or not. Why? Mostly because they gave most screentime to the androids so I couldn't care less about the shit done to the humans.

Since they made the anime feel like it was a totally different plot every few episodes, it made my interest in Vivy fade slowly.

So from the 7 episodes I've seen, I really don't believe its as good as people say.

I disagree but I just want to praise you for making a better argument as to why vivys not as good as people say it is. Have a great day.
Jun 17, 2021 1:06 PM
Apr 2021
Its not the best anime ever but its entertaining the entire way through and is arguably the best weekly of spring 2021, so this opinion is pretty shit
Jun 17, 2021 1:07 PM
Nov 2020
Why are people so rattled I think it's good but not that good
Jun 17, 2021 1:09 PM
Jan 2021
kaiki_fan_boy said:
ah a great follower of lord nuxanor good
Jun 17, 2021 1:10 PM
Jun 2021
It's not a masterpiece but still i liked a lot
Jun 17, 2021 1:16 PM

Mar 2020
tanhehehe2 said:
kaiki_fan_boy said:
ah a great follower of lord nuxanor good
Nice to see some fellow nux fans. Have a great day my friend !
check out odd taxi
Jun 17, 2021 1:29 PM
Mar 2021
Big fat disagree mein homie. The animation and music itself makes this a dope anime. It might not be for you, thats another issue from this anime being awful. This anime was is one of my favourites this season.

Just watched the video, sure your point about Matsumoto bear being ultra fast at speech, was hard to follow, but I never took it as direct info dump. I still like to interpret things my way. To me atleast there are a lot of themes and plot points to think about. But sure its your opinion.
cobainmybrainsJun 17, 2021 1:35 PM
Jun 17, 2021 1:54 PM
Oct 2020
Jesus, I read the question wrong. I didn't mean to say I agree. Im sorry.
Jun 17, 2021 1:59 PM

Nov 2017
I'm not gonna watch a 6 minutes video of someone complaining.

Vivy is the best anime of this season in MY opinion. The music it's good and I like the animation
"he has it big as a cactus
but he won't let go of my head
and I puke on his cock bitch" - Boy by Fishball 
Jun 17, 2021 3:43 PM
Mar 2021
It’s all about your personal opinion no one can force you to like it. I personally enjoyed it
Jun 17, 2021 3:49 PM
Apr 2017
AnimeLeviathan said:

It's a journey about Vivy finding the meaning of his mission, literally the point of the show is that humans have not done shit, they are nice lol, the only "antagonist humans" are people trying to frame AI as bad but even them try to not hurt humans in the process after the second mission.

the plot is the same exact one since episode what is different are the missions, so I don't understand your point there.
Jun 17, 2021 4:23 PM

Jul 2020
foxyahoo said:
AnimeLeviathan said:

It's a journey about Vivy finding the meaning of his mission, literally the point of the show is that humans have not done shit, they are nice lol, the only "antagonist humans" are people trying to frame AI as bad but even them try to not hurt humans in the process after the second mission.

the plot is the same exact one since episode what is different are the missions, so I don't understand your point there.

That is exactly my problem. The fact that Vivy took a simple plot and didn't take advantage of it being simple to make it more interesting and complex(In my opinion, ofcourse.)

We take Violet Evergarden for example. Which also has a simple plot. "Understanding emotion". Probably even more simple because the word "emotion" is already made where as "mission" needs to be defined in which Vivy did.

But anyways, taking Violet Evergarden for example, it utilizes said plot to create even better plots in each episode backed by its grand plot of understanding emotion.

Enough of that though since I am essentially backing up and opinion with another opinion.

It is true that the anime implies most humans are innocent, but we haven't even seen enough humans, or have had Vivy interact with enough humans to even know if this is true. To add on, realistically speaking, majority of humans are pretty bad. Thats why you hear people say "It's just human" anytime someone has "bad" emotion.

As for your last sentence, the plot somewhat stays the same, I worded it wrong. I meant how the series does so much timeskips with different scenarios that it feels like a different plot.

However it is mostly the end goal that stays the same.
I gave up on character of the week since it takes too much thinking. I'll just change my forum pfp to whoever I want every week lol.
Jun 17, 2021 4:27 PM
May 2020
Vivy is a cinamatic masterpiece imo
Jun 17, 2021 5:06 PM

Mar 2020
I haven't watched the video, but it's not awful. It's not a particularly good show, it rips off a bunch of other series in a terrible way.

But the visuals and soundtrack are amazing, which carry the show. The story and characters are just meh though.

Certainly not awful, but it isn't a good show or AotS or anything like that.
Jun 17, 2021 5:16 PM

May 2021
I kinda understand where the author of the video is going, but to me the interventions of Matsumoto, while annoying sometimes, makes sense in the context of a normal conversation.

Is that high exposition? Somehow yes, but Vivy (The robot) needs that kind of exposition to understand the current status of everything. Could have done it better? The problem is the premise, if you have a robot that knows almost EVERYTHING that is going to happen then why would that robot not give that information. They could have omitted that sort of relations, but what could we get in exchange of that? The main character of this show is Matsumoto, which only purpose is giving that sort of information, and Vivy, which only purpose is to act based on that information. His problem with Vivy is an issue with the own premise. To not have this problem, they could have done the story from another POV

tl;dr I dont agree

Jun 17, 2021 5:28 PM
Jul 2018
Not awful but certainly not good
Jun 17, 2021 5:43 PM
Mar 2021
brenobluhm said:

I quite like Oddtaxi and To your eternity. What Did you think about them?
Jun 17, 2021 6:27 PM
Oct 2019
This guy doesn't look like he's trolling from the way he phrases his "criticisms", nonetheless it's still a shitty take from a guy who recommends to just watch nagatoro instead of this "trash" anime
Jun 17, 2021 7:45 PM
Feb 2021
cobainmybrains said:
brenobluhm said:

I quite like Oddtaxi and To your eternity. What Did you think about them?
I’m really liking both of them! To Your Eternity had an amazing start but is having some pacing problems imo while Oddtaxi is having probably the best story for this season, I would say they are both 8/10 so far. Vivy is a 9 and Fruits Basket: The Final is a 10 imo. Add 86 and you have my 5 favorite animes this season lol.
Jun 17, 2021 8:48 PM
Jul 2020
I don’t find it great but it’s definitely not awful. Even if you don’t enjoy the story the animation makes it at least a 6/10
Jun 17, 2021 11:28 PM

Oct 2017
Only people with 0 brainpower would think this is bad.
Jun 17, 2021 11:51 PM

Apr 2012
Another hate thread? It'll never gain momentum like all the others. So give it a rest ffs.
These haters should know by now that Vivy is predominantly favored by great number of viewers earning 8, 9 and 10 scores easily.

It's a 10 for me without a doubt.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Jun 18, 2021 1:03 AM
Oct 2018
I feel like everything except the plot is 10/10 but the plot is just horrendously full of holes. So how good or awful the show is depends on how much you need the plot to not be full of holes.

In relation to the video, I see where he is coming from, but I don't think exposition dumps are necessarily bad things. In the case of Vivy, the exposition is from a clearly biased perspective and the detachment from actually experiencing a bunch of day to day life from Vivy helps give a sense that she lives for a long ass time, something completely unsynced from the humans or even the world around her.
Jun 18, 2021 2:59 AM
Jan 2021
Lol who the fuck made that parody video......
Jun 18, 2021 3:18 AM

Feb 2020
Well he dropped Re:Zero after the first episode so I stopped watching his video after the first minute. I don't know how you can judge an entire series based off the first episode. It sounded like he hates Vivy because he didn't like Re:Zero or the writer they are both great anime. It's fine for him to have an opinion but he lost credibility when he said Re:Zero was shit after one episode and judged the rest based off an 8 min video of Suburu talking to someone. Its fine if he said it was shit after at least a couple more episodes but not the first. I disagree with him Vivy is great and so is Re:Zero.
Jun 18, 2021 4:32 AM

May 2021
Disagree. Even though I don't understand everything that's going on, it touched me. Animation is beautiful, sounds as well. Given it a solid 8/10.

Pls don't write animeS or mangaS >.< // + <50 man(g/hw/hu)a not in MAL. // Join my >manga club< here!

Jun 18, 2021 7:20 AM

May 2020
The guy lost his credibility when he said that he dropped Re:Zero in episode 1 then proceeded to say the entire show is trash, and Vivy also in extension because it's written by the same guy, stupidity at it's finest. His so called "opinions" should not be taken seriously.
Jun 18, 2021 7:26 AM
Jan 2020
KongJunJie said:
Is the show really “awful” ?
No it’s not it’s a masterpiece
Jun 18, 2021 8:25 AM

Jul 2019
This show p good, but it was ass to watch this every week, so I waited to binge it
Jun 18, 2021 8:43 AM

Mar 2016
I can understand the guy who posted the video being annoyed at Matsumoto and his exposition dumps to an extent, but of all the things to criticize, he criticizes Vivy’s singing and the songs in this show? Just no.

He also admitted to not making it past the third episode, which entirely negates the validity of his opinion.
Jun 18, 2021 9:26 AM
Jan 2021
awful? that is just wrong, it is the second best anime this season (second to Fruits basket) the songs they use are really good and all of the different arcs really make it stand out this season, not to mention the fight scenes have amazing choreography, this paired with stunning art just makes the show even better.
Jun 18, 2021 9:56 AM

Apr 2018
This show is animated by WIT which is the same studio that animated ATTACK ON TITAN but this show is BAD because it's also written by the author of RE:ZERO and the author of CHAOS;HEAD. (vid description)
He's obvly just a hater bruh..

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jun 18, 2021 11:07 AM

Oct 2014
There's some valid critique in here... but it is buried under condescension, repetition, and unnecessary anger. I get why he doesn't like Masamoto, still, there is more to the show than just him. Calling the whole show awful based on these few critiques is reactionary. It seems like he knows how to edit video essays competently. He just has to work on his tone and script.
Jun 18, 2021 12:03 PM

Jun 2019
I don't actually mind Matsumoto at all.

But I must say I do find the series massively overrated. I leaned toward a 5/10, but I'm probably going to settle and end up extending it a 6/10 depending, after I see the season/series finale tomorrow or whenever, because I consider myself a pretty lenient and generous scorer. And I do like it a smidge better than another series this season, Those Snow White Notes, which I'm sure I will end up giving an actual 5/10.

But it's....just entirely too fast-paced for my taste? I believe 11 - 13 episode series in general, especially ones with a high concept Fantasy, Sci-Fi, or Action centered plot, tend to have this problem very frequently. They have zero room to breathe or expand on anything to give anything any time or weight or feeling or meaning or depth, because it's all just so A-Z, boom boom boom. It's often very pretty to look at and a flashy and glossy product, but feels rather empty and like a lot of the story beats just hit in a shallow and hollow way?

Its ostensibly lofty subject matter doesn't register as all that meaningful when actually playing out onscreen, because it seems like the series doesn't go through a requisite process of developing it more organically. To me it isn't so much about "Show don't tell" or that it's a lot of exposition, as I don't typically mind that. More that the overloaded plot and information embodied in the constant time skips just kill any sense of investment in what's happening now as it's all out the window 10 minutes later or by the next episode anyway. You are not permitted any time to catch your breath. Some people consider that a high-octane thrilling ride in the best possible way. But if I want a thrill without substance, I can watch a car race.

Most of the really thoroughly enjoyable 11 - 13 episode series are Slice of Life series. And the few that aren't often enter the annals of anime history as masterpieces decades down the line. And rightfully so. Most writers, directors, and creators in general feel like they can't adequately pull it off.

Out of 11 series I'm watching this season (I've also never watched so many seasonals so this is something of an "experiment"), this is my third to last just above the spider isekai and Mashiro no Oto.

I don't personally think it can hold a candle to series like Shadows House in sense of atmosphere alone, but I'm sure that's a minority stance...
WatchTillTandavaJun 18, 2021 12:15 PM
Jun 18, 2021 12:04 PM
Jan 2021

For me Vivy has high production value, great writing it is much hard to create fast paced show with satisfying ending and great mini-arcs, with great main character deepness and other great staff in show like light source placements, object placements in shots and great camera movements and they do that for friction of budget compared to western animation studios it is pretty impressive.

Is Vivy trash? Depends what kind of comparison we do. Not my type of genre but I enjoyed it so far, maybe I´m just blind and can´t see how bad this show is.

Jun 18, 2021 12:06 PM

Jun 2016
>literally who
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Jun 18, 2021 1:16 PM
Sep 2015
The typical dude angry because of a show getting more critical praise than his favs. People shouldnt care about the opinions of others on a show. Just enjoy them the best you can.
Jun 18, 2021 1:20 PM

Jul 2020
Understandable,have a nice day.
To hate the full show just because of one character....he's trying too hard to hate it lmao.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vivy: Fluorite Eye's Song Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 17, 2021

257 by Nextella »»
Apr 24, 8:22 AM

Poll: » Vivy: Fluorite Eye's Song Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

NextUniverse - Jun 19, 2021

369 by Lawgun »»
Mar 18, 2:18 PM

Poll: » Vivy: Fluorite Eye's Song Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2021

165 by Lawgun »»
Mar 18, 1:14 PM

Poll: » Vivy: Fluorite Eye's Song Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 22, 2021

235 by Lawgun »»
Mar 18, 11:05 AM

Poll: » Vivy: Fluorite Eye's Song Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 1, 2021

295 by Lawgun »»
Mar 18, 10:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.