Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 31, 2021 10:33 AM

Jul 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Episode aired 5 mins later than scheduled:
https://twitter.com/oddtaxi_/status/1396881005810647042

With the substantial evidence sent to Little Daimon about Dobu's backdoor deal with Odokawa, it's easy to conspire that Little Daimon is NOT convinced, other than the fact that Dobu robbing a bank is substantially enough. For now, it's off to rescue Kakihana at the wharf where he is held hostage by Yano and Sekiguchi, to exterminate evil and capture them in one fell swoop with Dobu, while luring Kabasawa along to play the act of the hero.
--> This is his reply from Twitter: https://twitter.com/kbsw_t/status/1325091387210018816

Kabasawa having the time of his life by almost having a sex scene with one of his hardcore believers (Reina), but the look of his face, along with Reina's scully words says otherwise. What a letdown God for real, but Odokawa's message might just be the real deal for him.

The "Need For Speed"-like car chase between Odokawa's taxi and Tanaka's rented kill-fest of a van, the former's scared shitless for real and the latter just lost another track record of his "dodo" killing, other than being scared of aquaphobia.

Should I feel bad and sad for Kakihana, being bribed all his way with debt issues? Nope man, please just let go of the past. Rather I would say that Odokawa and Dobu are man enough to face Sekiguchi, the former saving Kakihana while the latter faces against the bodyguard: two idiots who use violence to solve problems (and indicative of Odokawa's inner thoughts of being human). His solace of his full-on patheticness, as is the backstory of friendship with Odokawa and his super-strong memory, such a wit.

Dobu being attacked on BOTH sides: Tanaka using Dobu's gun, and Kabasawa playing the hero role that Odokawa has told him to, but failing spectacularly. What a moment to see both Dobu and Kabasawa talk their issues out, and Dobu easily wheezes out Kabasawa's EXTREME narcissism and obsession for attention-seeking purposes. But compensation IS compensation, and Dobu wouldn't have it any other way to be traded for Kabasawa's fame.

The MOST IMPORTANT of all: The hero has FINALLY admitted defeat --> https://twitter.com/kbsw_t/status/1325126115816472580
That's the VERY LAST post he made on his own Twitter account.

The whole circle dawning upon Odokawa, Kakihana, Shirakawa and Dobu's coerciveness of being controlled by mere Stockholm Syndrome, it's a recipe for disaster even before the beginning had ever started.

The real treat of Dr. Goriki talking with the landlord where Odokawa stayed, the GUARDIAN has witnessed it all. The mystery of Odokawa's residence, and the foundation that supplys him money in trade for keeping it confidential, it's highly suspect. Shiroku in Chichibu, and living alone to his desires...with both parents deceased...I'm beginning to smell a rat about Odokawa: HE'S NOT WHAT WE'VE BEEN WATCHING HIM in precise detail.

Click, click, click with your handy-dandy notebook and pen! We're getting closer to discovering the mystery!
KANLen09May 31, 2021 12:11 PM
May 31, 2021 11:25 AM

Oct 2019
KANLen09 said:

The MOST IMPORTANT of all: The hero has FINALLY admitted defeat (the 2nd most recent post):
--> https://twitter.com/kbsw_t/status/1325126115816472580

I'm still surprised no one noticed that Twitter account way before the show premiered
May 31, 2021 11:30 AM

Jul 2017
ZappyCake21 said:
KANLen09 said:
The MOST IMPORTANT of all: The hero has FINALLY admitted defeat (the 2nd most recent post):
--> https://twitter.com/kbsw_t/status/1325126115816472580

I'm still surprised no one noticed that Twitter account way before the show premiered
Umm, I don't ever think that we ever KNEW that the Twitter account EXISTS in the first place. It's only until the anime aired that we begin to pick up that this WAS a thing.
May 31, 2021 11:32 AM

Oct 2019
KANLen09 said:
ZappyCake21 said:

Umm, I don't ever think that we ever KNEW that the Twitter account EXISTS in the first place. It's only until the anime aired that we begin to pick up that this WAS a thing.

It's just I can only imagine some people in 2020 somehow coming across this account and being absolutely confused
May 31, 2021 11:36 AM

Jul 2017
ZappyCake21 said:
KANLen09 said:

It's just I can only imagine some people in 2020 somehow coming across this account and being absolutely confused
I think it's MEANT to be like that deliberately. It's like finding the Golden Snitch but you're not sure what it's meant for until it pops up uncannily.
May 31, 2021 12:12 PM

Jun 2019
Odokawa finally on the move to save Kakihana. Kabasawa sleeping with his female followers as the news suggested, LOL. Got slapped as well for acting rude. Well deserved.

Odokawa and Dobu got attacked by an unknown van in the middle of their way to rescue Kakihana, I think we know who that was, the psycho still chasing Odokawa for that. Dobu fought that bear nicely and Odokawa managed to rescue Kakihana. Odokawa has such a way with words. Holy shit dude. Gotta love this Walrus.

Kabasawa got some self-improvement wise words from someone who he would've never expected, Dobu. I like what he said there to Kabasawa. Also, told him to find a mentor for himself to move forward in his life. Odokawa cleared his intentions there that he wanna take Dobu down and his whole organization. Pretty bold for a taxi driver if I should say.

Kabasawa apologized to his all followers because of Dobu. Dobu will take his apartment, money, and his car in exchange for sparing his life. He really got lucky there. Learned a few things about Odokawa as well in the end there. Looks like we're going to dig into Odokawa's life more.
May 31, 2021 12:14 PM
Sep 2015
Odd Taxi's cleverness is in its own class. Not only the realism of characters are worlds apart from other anime, it also demonstrates character study at the same time. This is the anime where you could almost see the director/screenwriter physically appear on screen alongside with his characters.
phantomfandomMay 31, 2021 12:23 PM
May 31, 2021 12:33 PM

Mar 2020
Really good episode as always
check out odd taxi
May 31, 2021 12:36 PM

Jan 2021
He was almost killed by the Dodo assassin, no one called the police after hearing the shots?

Oh, Kakihana safe at last!
Dobu's not such a bad person after all... I mean, he's given him a free self-help session 😂

Oh, very shocking ending, That information about his parents I guess it will be quite relevant. Can't wait to see the mystery solved
May 31, 2021 12:52 PM

May 2018
So the theme of this episode was disillusionment and turning back to reality...but maybe Odokawa is in a deeper illusion than the others.
Dobu turned out to be way tougher than I expected but this is not that big a surprise. He survived for so many years being a street thug.

May 31, 2021 1:08 PM

Jun 2019
An episode tying up some loose ends before the “final act” kicks off. Nothing too important to write about, but Dobu’s interaction with Kabasawa was pretty good and made me like him more as a character.
May 31, 2021 1:22 PM

Jan 2015
Wow, such an amazing episode. It had many nerve wrecking moments and interesting plot developments
Also, Odokawa’s guardian being a dog and having a dog outside her house was just... wtf? Lol
May 31, 2021 1:39 PM

May 2020
Any idea how has Tanaka found Odokawa on the route to the port? He was following him or someone told him?
May 31, 2021 1:52 PM

Aug 2020
Another banger of an episode. (first of 4 shows this morning, ;-;). I found it quite funny to see the child dog in Odokawa’s Guardians house, does that mean that those are what the children of that world look like.

RIP Kabasawa's phone, I feel bad for it. I wonder what will happen to Kabasawa after this episode tho.

Has a 8.60 mean score
Akasaka > Other Mangakas

May 31, 2021 2:46 PM
Jan 2018
quantum2000 said:
Any idea how has Tanaka found Odokawa on the route to the port? He was following him or someone told him?

he has a tracking phone on odokawas taxi
May 31, 2021 2:49 PM

Jun 2020
Lmao you'd think Dobu was just a street thug or whatever but dude's pretty smart. He got really philosophical with Kabasawa as well with getting him to introspect and all
This anime shit is addictive
May 31, 2021 3:24 PM

Aug 2015

I particularly like Dobu throwing the beer bottle at Tanaka’s van - with a hit right on the driver’s windshield. Dobu is not going down easily.
Odokawa hasn’t found the phone in his back seat that Mitsuya put there. Tanaka keeps finding the taxi.
And Kawabasa saying “No refunds”…LOL.

May 31, 2021 3:44 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Tanaka almost caught up to Odakawa & Dobu, but somehow they managed to escape. Dobu helped Odakawa rescue Kakihana from Yano and took him to Dr. Gronki's. Dobu also convinced Kawabasa to give up his crusade against Dobu for online clout and made him do an apology video. So Odakawa was an orphan due his parents death.
May 31, 2021 3:47 PM

Nov 2007
If it's 1 on 1 fight, bet on Dobu!!!

I can't believe how every episode is better and better. Such good season overall, but Odd Taxi is jumping to top spots on my seasonal list and I believe it will be one of top anime shows this year. We are really getting spoiled this year, last season was great, this season has at least half dozen if not dozen fantastic shows. And this little warlus guy in Odd Taxi, I was interrested by it at first, but put it on hold as there was too many shows. How happy I am that I cracked and started watching. Mondays are best day of week thanks to this. And this last episode is the best one so far.

That chase was phenomenal, we even see cat on road (not same one as he has in apartment but he likes cats) and small dogo that landlord lady has, Dobu was god and I can't wait for next week. Only 4 episodes left but I want this show to go on forever.
May 31, 2021 3:58 PM

Nov 2011
So if Tanaka Shot Dobu at the Wharf did hew not follow up because it was Dobu and not Odokawa? Also why wouldn't they show that it was Tanaka who shot Dobu? That's why I am not 100% sure it was Tanaka who shot him.

Oh man Odokawa's parents being dead was obvious with the direction this episode was going. Man oh man our MC's brain is something interesting.

Four episodes left and we still do not know what is in the closet.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

May 31, 2021 4:14 PM

Mar 2012
Who shot Dobu and why didn't they follow up? Was it Little Daimon? Or even Elder Daimon?
Don't think it was Tanaka. Note the white gloves/hands and the darker blue sleeve.

Dobu turned out to be a likeable character with some pretty sound life advice. He's not just a violent thug after all. Hopefully Kabasawa's learned his lesson and seeking after things like fame and popularity is all vanity.
And Dobu gets a new car and apartment. lol

I nearly thought in his hysteria Kabasawa was gonna ask Dobu to be his mentor. Thank goodness that didn't happen.

So there are cockatiels, pigeons, stray cats, and puppies in a world of anthropomorphic animals. What about fish?

Did Shiho get to talk to Yano? She kinda disappeared last episode. Only Yamamoto is there and gets kicked around by Seikiguchi. I was kind of hoping she'd get Kakihana out of there.
xxxATiONMay 31, 2021 4:41 PM
A good author leaves the audience enough material to be satisfied with, yet yearning for more.
May 31, 2021 4:43 PM

Sep 2017
Honestly I don't think it's Tanaka that shot Dobu, that's why they didn't show the entire person but just his hand

In my opinion that was Little/Elder Daimon that tried to silence Dobu to cover himself/his brother but then he realized Kawabasa was here and couldn't take the risk to be recognized so he just ran away
May 31, 2021 5:01 PM

Jan 2017
How the fuck in 9 episodes we went from Taxi driver SoL to a philosophical thriller about the meaning of life? Also Dobu, the guy got the best character development ever, from street gangster to life philosophy guru.
May 31, 2021 5:13 PM

May 2007
As the show continues, I can't help but feel that I'm actually watching a K-Drama/J-Drama, I find that it has more elements of that medium rather than anime and I'm loving it with the slow release of clues that continue to build up for hopefully a satisfying conclusion.
May 31, 2021 6:05 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
I loved Dobu doing his Dr Phil routine on our social media hero. Still the best series so far this year for me.
May 31, 2021 6:07 PM

Dec 2020
"maybe thats what he wants to believe" odakawa man..

dobu turns out to be a pretty good rant buddy lmao, he listened and even gave helpful advice
May 31, 2021 7:00 PM
Mar 2015
At least the kid attacking Dobu is done
May 31, 2021 9:31 PM

Jul 2020
This was a fun episode to watch.

Oddokawa rescues Kakihana in this episode, which was a nice thing to see. I'm not even gonna lie, Dobu is a badass for putting Kabasawa down to the ground, that dude is so damn annoying. I wonder how Oddokawa will plan to take down Dobu, since this plan didn't work out, but it's probably just a step in order to prepare for the next stage.
Jun 1, 2021 12:10 AM
Jul 2018
Dobu's words fit current me. "Need for approval is strong because self-esteem is low." He is the moralist despite gunman.
I can't get Odokawa's nature and past out of my mind. As some people said, there is a possibility of he is seeing hallucinations.
Jun 1, 2021 1:01 AM
Jul 2018
looks like we're in for an interesting Odokawa backstory reveal he def has psychological issues..feel bad for kabasawa
Jun 1, 2021 1:29 AM

May 2020
STIFRECKER said:
quantum2000 said:

he has a tracking phone on odokawas taxi

I missed that, thanks.
Jun 1, 2021 2:29 AM

Oct 2016
Really great episode! Odokawa's conversation with Little Daimon was great lmao. Kabasawa's post nut clarity hitting him really hard. Tanaka damn crazy as hell, dude has nothing to lose, as long as he can shoot his bullet straight across Odokawa. Dobu is one tough son of a bitch, got a hole in his leg and he still manage to kill Kabasawa with facts and logic. Yakuza's got principles, Dobu would make a great therapist. I guess that is the end of Kabasawa's story.

Kakihana really tried to throw away the ring lmao, glad he picked it up, he still got some debt to deal with and he can sell that ring or something, or maybe refund it if that's possible. So, I guess Odokawa's brain problems probably started when his parents died. We are nearing the end, really looking forward to the next episode.
Jun 1, 2021 3:39 AM
Jul 2018
I liked how odokawa acted in the episode I like that, without a doubt this episode had many good things like odokawa's past, had already mentioned something about odokawa's past.

It was great episode.
Jun 1, 2021 4:28 AM

Dec 2010
Such a sleeper this season... Love the pace this is going and that twitter posts by Kabisawa was a nice surprise. Great consultation from the great Dobu as well.
Jun 1, 2021 6:11 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Oh, an action packed episode! Kabasawa got a nice little 'action' with one of his female follower. Odokawa got a nice little driving action with the revolutionary, Tanaka, and his mad action, once again feels so good. Not to mention how Dobu action successfully tough it out all of those challenges in front of him. He beat that big guy, Sekiguchi without much sweating; and then easily rip off Kabasawa wealth out of his dumb shit. The baboon really living up to his scary name, holy shit! It all ended with Odokawa's succeeded in rescuing the idiot pathetic monkey out of his misery. Well....

As far as its goes, the complicated things still not over yet. Goriki finally makes some move, to investigate more of Odokawa's odd mystery. While on the back, i can't deny Yano and Dobu still get the deal with the money issue previously. Not to mention the duo comedian will be back, to bring more interesting story into the surface. One tie clear, many more comes and back to strangles you ....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jun 1, 2021 10:13 AM

Dec 2012
I'm lowkey starting to like Dobu. He went deep with Kabasawa.
Jun 1, 2021 11:29 AM

Mar 2019
Ohh odokawa, what else lies in that mind that I am unknown to. When he was shot at, I was somehow surprised to see his fear. I see a strong, almost resilient mind in him. Yet, he displays his human emotions all the time.

And isn't he walrus? How is he afraid of the water. Could it be related to his parents, or is all just a covering for his inner melancholic attitude toward life and beyond.

And poor Kakihana, he's in debt to the criminals and now had his heart shattered. At least he was saved, but now he knows his own ineptitude.
Jun 1, 2021 12:44 PM

Jun 2008
The scene that hit me the most in this episode was when Odokawa said that Dobu and Sekiguchi are just fools who don't know how to express their emotions and so they use violence. Very real and very sad, I honestly felt pity for those two unfortunate fools in that moment.
Jun 1, 2021 1:45 PM

Apr 2018
Another great episode, Odokawa saves his boi Kakihana and we get to learn a bit of Odokawa's past.
Jun 1, 2021 8:32 PM
Aug 2015
I freaking love Dobu, holy shit. I think he's my favorite character in this series so far. I hope that he stays alive until the end.
Jun 1, 2021 9:34 PM

Jan 2016
Odokawa referred to the characters as "human beings" again in this episode, which reinforces the theory he thinks everyone is an animal when they're humans instead.
Jun 1, 2021 9:40 PM
Jun 2017
Very interesting episode.

I fully support the theory that the people aren't actually animals, and that's just a vision of Odokawa. Why? Because it would be very unsettling for an anthro dog to have another dog as a pet (min 21). That pretty much settles the matter.

Kabasawa was frankly pathetic.

I think it was pretty obvious that Odokawa's parents were dead. Huh, maybe it is connected to that traffic accident where the Daimons' parents died too.
Jun 2, 2021 10:01 AM

Dec 2016
This was like a counseling episode XD

Dobu and Kabasawa's conversation was the best. It was so unexpected to see a criminal counseling a civilian.

Kakihana...how can you be so madly in love with someone you met online...And he really threw the ring in the river when he doesn't have any money. He could've sold it.
Jun 2, 2021 11:38 AM
Jul 2018
Kabasawa is the very definition of 'me on the internet vs. me in real life'-meme. 😆

Rickydory123 said:
This was like a counseling episode XD

Dobu and Kabasawa's conversation was the best. It was so unexpected to see a criminal counseling a civilian.

Kakihana...how can you be so madly in love with someone you met online...And he really threw the ring in the river when he doesn't have any money. He could've sold it.

Couldn't have said it better myself, it was such a strange yet fascinating conversation between the two!
Jun 3, 2021 12:06 AM

Oct 2008
lolz Kabasawa might idolize Dobu and might even call him his mentor cuz of life changing seminar threats! lolz!

Jun 3, 2021 4:54 AM

Jun 2013
That entire Dobu & Kabasawa segment was gold
Jun 3, 2021 4:24 PM

Nov 2012
Man, I dont want it to end, its getting pretty good.

My Candies:

Jun 4, 2021 1:03 AM
Apr 2021
To the animal theory:
I think its probably right. But there were two occasions which were weird for me. First, when Odokawa told Shirakawa that shes the only alpaca around. She didnt really reacted much for it. Like she was agreeing with Odokawa’s opinion. And second, when Goriki asked him in ep1 or ep2 how does he look to him. Odokawa replied by saying like a gorilla and Goriki said hes not wrong. Soooo, I dont know :)
Jun 4, 2021 7:28 AM

Jul 2020
This IS The Only Anime IN this season Which Gives ME Bonner While every Episode Watching IT
Every Episode IS so Well Executed I can't stop LICking Kazuya's Dick
SKloOFJun 4, 2021 7:32 AM
Jun 4, 2021 9:46 AM
Jul 2016
dankop said:
To the animal theory:
I think its probably right. But there were two occasions which were weird for me. First, when Odokawa told Shirakawa that shes the only alpaca around. She didnt really reacted much for it. Like she was agreeing with Odokawa’s opinion. And second, when Goriki asked him in ep1 or ep2 how does he look to him. Odokawa replied by saying like a gorilla and Goriki said hes not wrong. Soooo, I dont know :)

being called Gorila, can mean they're calling you brute. The part I found more confusing was when Nikaido said I don't want a horse as a pet to Baba

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Odd Taxi Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jun 28, 2021

389 by MickeyMinaj »»
Apr 17, 6:44 AM

Poll: » Odd Taxi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Jun 21, 2021

94 by MickeyMinaj »»
Apr 17, 6:03 AM

Poll: » Odd Taxi Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Jun 14, 2021

98 by MickeyMinaj »»
Apr 17, 5:35 AM

Poll: » Odd Taxi Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - May 24, 2021

87 by MickeyMinaj »»
Apr 16, 9:44 AM

Poll: » Odd Taxi Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - May 3, 2021

90 by MickeyMinaj »»
Apr 16, 3:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.