Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 29, 2021 1:58 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn, Deku struggeld quite a bit in this match even though he came prepared. Not too surprising since their opponents aren't pushovers.

Those black whips were hell of a sight to see though. Got to see a little bit more of Uraraka's past again this episode. Urakara's role on Deku's team is so important not just for support but also to help him get back on his feet.
May 29, 2021 2:03 AM

Jul 2020
Awesome episdoe except there are too many flashbacks on this battle. Hope the next ep gets better as it goes to the climax of the battle scenes.

Am I the only one getting irritated by these flashbacks for some reason? I mean they are good, but I wish those came out "after" the battles are over or before the battle begins.
Even if I'm alone, I'll go, even if I want to die.
I can hear your voice, saying I shouldn't die.
Even if it's difficult, even if I cry from loneliness
I can feel warmth from deep inside my heart.

Going round-and-round and flowing, time is ever-changing.
I can't remember what happened anymore, but
If I try and close my eyes, I can hear someone's laughing voice
For some reason, now, that is My Most Precious Treasure.

from Ichiban no Takaramono, by LiSA
May 29, 2021 2:19 AM

Mar 2020
Damn, what an unexpected turn of events, that IzuOcha moment was amazing and the 5th user seems interesting, i wonder how those Black thingies will be used by Deku.
May 29, 2021 2:28 AM

May 2020
love the thickness in this ep
May 29, 2021 2:51 AM

Jul 2020
After a metric tonne of mediocre episodes, the series seems to have caught back its old footing, with ep9 and now this episode blowing my expectations out the park.

Midoriya being naive as usual and relying on the same plan as bakugo when he should've actually created a new plan is just like him, theoriticaly he breaks down what happens when it happens but for the life of him it seems like her can't think ahead still lol.

When he lost control of his powers was shown ridiculously well, and the way they conveyed his emoitons of confusion, desperation and outright steadfastness was brilliant to watch.

Episode did well to remind us that uraraka isn't some useless side chick that comes in once in a while to remind us that there's some romantic feelings between her and deku, rather showing her reasoning and emotions really rounded out her personality and put some gravity to the situation, making her seem truly out of the world - puns intended.

Shinso also finally seems to be enjoying himself, before he was caught up in the idea of winning now he truly seems that he wants to win but he also wants to have fun, he realised that its no the be all end all situation that he initially played it out to be.

Aizawa definitely made the right call there, deku got his new powers under control with the help of shinso, and whilst it could be dangerous, the teachers are within close proximity so everything should be okay!

Solid episode, hope this continues!
Check out my channel @Criticiza on Youtube to watch my vids ;)

May 29, 2021 2:53 AM
Jul 2018
WOW JUST WOW. This episode was ON FIREEEEE. Damn this the mha i known for and iloved the mosts. Letssss gooooooooooooooooooooooooo
May 29, 2021 2:55 AM

Jan 2019
Very very interesting. Now I'm hyped again
May 29, 2021 2:57 AM

Jul 2017
The 5th and final match: Izuku's team vs. Monoma's team feat. Shinso, and a totally same-but-different expectation for this one.

Other than All For One's judgment that has Gran Torino's old geezer memories all fuzzled up about Izuku's dream of the vestiges, a noteworthy classification for the 2nd haff of the season.

Putting that aside for now, Izuku's team facing a great deal of trouble against Monoma's team in both physique and mental concerns. At least for Izuku, One For All going out of control is an immediate cause for concern.

Looking back at Urakaka's backstory, it's similar how both her's and Izuku's dreams and hopes are one and the same, and her valiant effort to stop Deku's power from the berserk with Shinso's Brainwashing quirk is amazing. Combine that with the various power of the vestiges of One For All to help provide better control (one being Black Whip, and the other 6 unknown), this match intensifies for the future predictable and yet not.

It's up to Izuku to master what he can muster out of One For All.
May 29, 2021 2:58 AM

Oct 2017
Deku got a new quirk, nice and he'll get six more to boot. Uraraka was great in this episode.
May 29, 2021 3:01 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
WTFF Deku's one for all was totally f*cked up, that was crazy xD more explanations to the One for all and the other quirks that are with it, that's pretty good, of course there was Uraraka to save Deku, and the match continue
May 29, 2021 3:03 AM
Jul 2020
What an episode. This season started really weak, but now I understand why this arc is important. What the hell man? Deku is getting a new quirk?That was amazing. This was the most important episode for this series. I still do not know what all for one is planning. I am glad that I am super excited for mha again. Uraraka was cute and good too.
May 29, 2021 3:03 AM

Jan 2014
Oh finally some real good plot progression eyyy.

Also I wanted to laugh out loud at All Might's ring tone LMAO.
May 29, 2021 3:04 AM

Jan 2021
Oh God, the best episode so far without a doubt

Uraraka is right, who protects the heroes when they suffer? I loved it

I can't wait to see those six quirks manifested
May 29, 2021 3:06 AM
Jul 2020
Ellenwitch said:

Ellenwitch said:

Every time man. That ringtone is too stupid and funny at the same time
May 29, 2021 3:08 AM

Feb 2020
DUDEEEE DEKU GETTING OP FOR REAL! But really we actually have to wait another week for the fight to start smh.

May 29, 2021 3:09 AM
Oct 2016
We've finally arrived at a long awaited event to make its anime debut, blackwhip! Its so good to be able to talk in the open about blackwhip and Deku inheriting all the previous users quirks. This is a HUGE turning point in the series, not just for Deku but it begins us down a path that becomes more relevant as we go. Deku seeing that big burly guy inside one for all telling him he can't come from a place of anger. His power must come from the heart if Deku is to use it properly. Deku cannot lose his way, he must always remember where he came from and how hard it's been to get even here. Monoma talking some smack trying to get Deku to bite, leading to blackwhip being being brought out. We get a good look at the other class b teammates quirks with twin impact, size and poltergeist having some devastating effect on the class a team. Uraraka helping Deku out realizing hes in trouble, some quick thinking by her to get Shinso brainwashing to get Deku out of the vestiges. Blackwhip going wild caused some problems, but now he's got it under control for the time being. This is a big moment I'm glad to have finally seen animated! The fight continues next week!
May 29, 2021 3:12 AM

Aug 2020
Deku is going to unlock 6 more quirks, huh. Pretty funny to think that somebody who used to have no quirks now has the most powerful quirk of all and is supposed to receive 6 more.
May 29, 2021 3:17 AM
Jul 2018
It was the best episode of this season so far. The animation was superb.
May 29, 2021 3:25 AM

Apr 2014
amazing ep, was done really well animated
"one step at a time"
May 29, 2021 3:26 AM
Sep 2015
Of course, it's Midoriya episode, nothing is gonna be normal when he's around, even just a training episode.

But does this mean that what Deku use is just All Might power so far? Does this mean he also have his own special power? (Besides One for All and its predecessors powers)

But thanks that One for All quirk is not an indicator of how far tge story progress. Otherwise this episode will be just 2/8 or 1/4 of the whole story. But I also hope it's true because I want the story to continue for a very long time!

Shinso is the hero of Deku, but I hope the one that hug Deku is Bakugo! LOL
May 29, 2021 3:38 AM
Dec 2018
The series is getting back on track like good ol' seasons
May 29, 2021 3:40 AM
Sep 2020
I like it's animation but it's still stuck in the class A vs class B arc but it is good.
May 29, 2021 3:44 AM

Jul 2013
Nice to see Black whip animated.
May 29, 2021 3:46 AM

Jan 2016
It's been hard not spoiling this for people, but it was worth it!

The first amazing episode of season 5
May 29, 2021 3:48 AM
Dec 2020
finally we're getting to the interesting part of this arc. its been a long ride but i'm glad we're here
May 29, 2021 3:52 AM

Nov 2018
Ochako's backstory was really quite good! And the part where she slaps him, damn, that's nostalgic and funny both at the same time.
यदा यदा हि धर्मस्य ग्लानिर्भवति भारत।
अभ्युत्थानमधर्मस्य तदात्मानं सृजाम्यहम् ॥४-७॥

परित्राणाय साधूनां विनाशाय च दुष्कृताम् ।
धर्मसंस्थापनार्थाय सम्भवामि युगे युगे ॥४-८॥
May 29, 2021 3:54 AM

Nov 2018
WHAT WAS THIS EPISODE?
Now, this is the BNHA I know, I didn't get the feeling I felt on this episode since the third season, oh my god, now I'm hyped.

SEIBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

May 29, 2021 3:56 AM
Nov 2020
Episode 9 was amazing but this ep was unsatisfying af, there was too many flashbacks, pacing was slow af, animation was a downgrade compared to last ep and now I have to wait for next week for the actual fight.
May 29, 2021 3:58 AM
Jul 2018
This had to be the best episode so far!!!!!! I am dying right now! Finally going to see Deku use the new powers soon! Can't wait for next week!!!
May 29, 2021 4:00 AM
Dec 2014
how is Midoriya going to be balanced?

with 6 more quirks he will just obliterate everyone. All might was Number 1 hero with only super speed and strength
May 29, 2021 4:08 AM
Apr 2019
Wasn't a big fan of the whole A vs B arc so far, but that episode gave it the spice it deserves. Finally hyped for future episodes
May 29, 2021 4:12 AM

Jun 2016
this season is finally going now with what feels like some actual plot progression. interesting seeing a past predecessor being able to communicate with Midoriya and explain some things. looking forward to seeing what his new powers will be and how he will be able to control them.
it would make sense to me if Midoriya went to Shinsou after this match for more brainwashing to attempt to talk to the predecessors more
Scream!
May 29, 2021 4:19 AM

Mar 2021
I get goosebumps whenever the sound completely stops in a scene. It means some “oh we’re fucked” moment is about to happen. And it happened. Well, nobody seems to be hurt, at least for now - I hope the stakes will increase.

He’s gonna get 6. New. Quirks. That’s insane.

I’m always hyped to see every characters reaction to how goddamn strong Midoriya is, but it seems the enemy team quickly continued with their plan lol

Shinso is great, no idea why he had to think what to say to Midoriya when Midoriya would clearly answer him anyway, to stop his berserk power.

Also smol Uraraka is TOO ADORABLE
AbsoluteCinemaMay 29, 2021 4:44 AM

May 29, 2021 4:20 AM
Feb 2021
ilold said:
how is Midoriya going to be balanced?

with 6 more quirks he will just obliterate everyone. All might was Number 1 hero with only super speed and strength
I don't think he's gonna get more quirks anytime soon even in the manga I don't think he has all of them in the final arc (no one spoil something pls)
He's prolly gonna need some time to use this one remotely effectively
May 29, 2021 4:23 AM
Feb 2019
Just a quick reminder that the music in this episode was reaaaaaaally good. Every season Yuki Hayashi add some bangers to the soundtrack of the anime, and he really shows his talent in this episode (and season ofc)
May 29, 2021 4:24 AM
Apr 2021
Well first of all I knew that Deku would get more quirks because of manga spoilers, of course. I give that ep 5 out of 5!! 9 and lower of season 5 was boring but this just makes this season even more exciting. As I said about manga spoilers Deku looks epic in the future...which I’m hoping they put into the anime. Manga Deku, 10000000000/10000000000!! I’m so excited for the next ep to come out because of this.

You know how Dabi came up to Endeavour after the Nomu vs Endeavour well I think Dabi is going to reveal his real name in season 5. If you don’t know who his real name is then what I just said wouldn’t of made sense to you. I’ll just say that Endeavour and Dabi are VERY close but Endeavour doesn’t know that because he doesn’t know his real name...OH MY GOSH I CANT WAIT UNTIL SOMETHING HAPPENS BETWEEN THEN AND...something!!!

I’m trying to just keep away from this manga spoiler about them...
May 29, 2021 4:25 AM
Mar 2021
Finallyyyyy! I was honestly not the biggest fan of the Class A vs. Class B fights so far this season but this episode more than made up for it. Seeing Deku’s facial expressions and the emotion as he’s trying to control his new power, Uraraka holding him trying to calm him down, and finally Shinso helping him with his brainwashing while he still looked freaked out. Also can’t wait to see how OP Deku gets eventually xD.
May 29, 2021 4:25 AM

Apr 2020
You know what everyone has been saying that Bnha has one of the worst fandoms. It may be true for some aspects but lemme say one thing. Thank you manga readers.

If something like this was on an another anime it should've been already spoiled. Nearly everyone knows the ending of Aot because manga readers spoils it here and there. But look at Bnha like I didn't even had the slightest idea that something like this was coming
May 29, 2021 4:30 AM
Jun 2015
The fuck is this Airbender rip off bullshit? 6 more powerups? Asspull af
May 29, 2021 4:38 AM

Apr 2018
Pretty good ep, he got a new quirk and had a chance to talk to an old user of One For All.
Would have been better if they did those flashbacks after the fight.. killed the mood but aside from that. Animation, voice acting and ost were good.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
May 29, 2021 4:42 AM

Nov 2019
Yay, now the fandom will invade with Deku x Gravity girl...

死神

What do you think are the most important things in life? Money, dreams, sympathy towards others...

Yes, they're all important things as well... But the most important thing is responsibility for your own actions.
- Yuichi
May 29, 2021 4:46 AM

Jun 2019
Oh boy... the shit went down really quickly. Deku not being able to control his quirk in the middle of the match was a scary moment. That could've been dangerous. Later finding out, that Deku has manifested six more quirks from all the previous predecessors.

Anger is the thing that makes him go out of control so he needs to calm down his anger and control his emotions. The fifth match will not be stopped but will continue in the next episode.
May 29, 2021 4:47 AM

Dec 2020
Deku struggle with this new power but after he see that was just 1 from 8 powers is crazy. This episode was so better than the others in this season.
Uraraka role is important for the team and Deku.She was great this episode a little of her past.Can’t wait for the next episode
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

May 29, 2021 4:51 AM

Mar 2014
Finally an interesting episode. Previous ones were so boring that I even skipped two of them.
May 29, 2021 4:52 AM
Nov 2020
zyrus43 said:
Awesome episdoe except there are too many flashbacks on this battle. Hope the next ep gets better as it goes to the climax of the battle scenes.

Am I the only one getting irritated by these flashbacks for some reason? I mean they are good, but I wish those came out "after" the battles are over or before the battle begins.
a re:zero fan getting annoyed at flashbacks is quite ironic
May 29, 2021 4:59 AM

Feb 2014
Things really got out of hand for Deku, as his powers went completely haywire. I do love Uraraka in this episode, as got a little flashback for what she saw in heroes when she was younger. She's spot on to ask about who can protect the heroes when they go through their own turmoil, so I was happy to see her taking the initiative to help out Deku as best as she could while getting Shinso to help out with his quirk. This is another reason why she's my favourite female character from this series. =3

Another part I enjoyed about this episode was Deku being approached by one of the One-For-All predecessors who talked to him about the whip quirk and how Deku has 6 more quirks inside him waiting to be unlocked. That sounds crazy, considering how strong Deku already is.

Either way, with Deku in control of his power again, the match will resume as normal, so I look forward to seeing who'll will win. =)
May 29, 2021 5:01 AM
Feb 2021
Probably the most pivotal episode for the mha franchise. We learn more about one for all and the episode stood out to me especially since it is the only “good” episode this entire season.
May 29, 2021 5:08 AM
Wings

Apr 2017
'You're the one who will complete One for All'. Interesting.

It's satisfactory to see that this arc is slowly improving with each episode.

I look forward to see these other six additional quirks that Deku will unlock and manifest.
May 29, 2021 5:32 AM
Jun 2017
Love this episode... Very interesting...
May 29, 2021 5:36 AM
Apr 2021
Every season of boku no hero has this moment sometimes even multiple, that make you wanna cave and read the manga already. This was hands down this was the first this season and the first to effect me into this extent loved everything about it. can’t wait for next weeks episode.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2021

202 by bapaejoget »»
Apr 18, 9:17 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2021

193 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 9, 12:55 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2021

297 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 7, 11:57 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2021

293 by Yurisu »»
Mar 28, 4:39 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2021

144 by oozePOP »»
Mar 15, 9:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.