Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 24, 2021 6:58 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Looks like we got a Summer festival theme episode and Sayu looks great in her yukata outfit. This happened to be an episode that shows how much she enjoys being with Yoshida. Also not surprising but Yuzuha couldn't hold back her tears.

Damn, Sayu's brother is really persistent in bringing his sister home. I don't like him much from just first impressions.
May 24, 2021 7:02 AM

Feb 2018
The festival has started and somehow some how these girl friendships just makes me a little weird, at least they seem closer than called a friends. They met then went to karaoke to talk about something about Sayu and Yoshida's relationship. Because this relationship are strange. "What do you think about Yoshida-san, is Yoshida-san a generous person or a lover relationship?" That's Was anhard question but Sayu clarify their relationship. Cry baby, what the heck that's Was hard loves triangle idk is this called triangle or not....

Yeah i love you senpai, I don't know from lots of scenes I only like this scene, it's really heartbreaking. Ahhh shit, stop.... After those few scenes, Yoshida and Sayu went to go to the festival, as always girls always talking about her clothes, yeah Sayu look good but i hope Yoshida must be honest with it. Date a cotton candy, but moments like this are the best in a romantic relationship, dating a lover is good but I don't know Whether they will enter into a relationship of love or not. Seeing them holding hands so they don't get separated / lost is also good, I hope they will form a loving relationship. I don't know if I said that lover relationship kept on going, or I really like their relationship.

Yukata and fireworks, that's great .... It's just that question again. Sayu wants to return home to Asahikawa Hokkaido, Yoshida accepts that, Yoshida realizes that Sayu must return to Asahikawa, will this end in 1e anime season, idk .... What the heck is that guy???? Whatttt He's want to take Sayu to go home... And also next eps The sayu past will be revealed? Still curious
May 24, 2021 7:13 AM
Feb 2021
Syureria said:
The festival has started and somehow some how these girl friendships just makes me a little weird, at least they seem closer than called a friends. They met then went to karaoke to talk about something about Sayu and Yoshida's relationship. Because this relationship are strange. "What do you think about Yoshida-san, is Yoshida-san a generous person or a lover relationship?" That's Was anhard question but Sayu clarify their relationship. Cry baby, what the heck that's Was hard loves triangle idk is this called triangle or not....

Yeah i love you senpai, I don't know from lots of scenes I only like this scene, it's really heartbreaking. Ahhh shit, stop.... After those few scenes, Yoshida and Sayu went to go to the festival, as always girls always talking about her clothes, yeah Sayu look good but i hope Yoshida must be honest with it. Date a cotton candy, but moments like this are the best in a romantic relationship, dating a lover is good but I don't know Whether they will enter into a relationship of love or not. Seeing them holding hands so they don't get separated / lost is also good, I hope they will form a loving relationship. I don't know if I said that lover relationship kept on going, or I really like their relationship.

Yukata and fireworks, that's great .... It's just that question again. Sayu wants to return home to Asahikawa Hokkaido, Yoshida accepts that, Yoshida realizes that Sayu must return to Asahikawa, will this end in 1e anime season, idk .... What the heck is that guy???? Whatttt He's want to take Sayu to go home... And also next eps The sayu past will be revealed? Still curious

Of course his brother wants to take her home, and she will return is some episodes cause she has to face her parents..
May 24, 2021 7:16 AM

Feb 2018
Yeah, because he was a Sisconnnnn fk
May 24, 2021 7:28 AM

Apr 2010
I saw the ending coming from a mile away it was kinda obvious since last week.
The events leading to ending where nice tho some bonding between the characters but i feel sorry for Mishima she is trying so hard.
Now the question is what will happen next seeing as Sayu's brother found her.
May 24, 2021 8:22 AM

Jul 2020
Wholesome episode on the whole, really feel bad for Mishima but that's the cookie crumbles I guess lol.

Sayu seeing Nishima then hiding behind her and using her to get out of a sticky situation was kinda stupid all things considered, but it worked to put them two together and get their perspectives on things, as we understand how odd sayu's childhood seems and Mishima acts more like a shrink than anything, psychoanalysing yoshida and sayu quite well.

Like I said earlier, seeing mishima cry really puts her into focus, and how much she actually likes yoshida and the pain associated with acting content when the person you like doesn't see you that way.

The festival bit was wholesome as hell, with all the standard references being put to full use, the 'ah' cliche, the hand holding etc, but the end was satisfying, them both realising how much they mean to each other but knowing that their time in fleeting and sayu basically spelling out that they probably would've had a more romantic dynamic if not for the age gap.

Turns out Sayu's brother is not as stupid as I thought, took him like 2 episodes to track her down, solid stuff. Seems like their fleeting time has come to an abrupt end.

Can't wait for next weeks episode to see how they're gonna deal with her leaving and her brother will probably explain everything to Yoshida about why she ran away, at least him or sayu and I hope that's the case since Sayu's past is still kind of an enigma
Check out my channel @Criticiza on Youtube to watch my vids ;)

May 24, 2021 8:23 AM

Jun 2019
I'm sorry to anyone who likes Yuzuha but I don't like her at all. She's being mean to everyone from the start, I don't like her when she's too much into someone's life, Gotou, Yoshida, and now Sayu. She's just trying to keep Sayu away from Yoshida so Sayu would get out of his life clearly shows she's being jealous and immature unlike Gotou on the other hand. Just my opinion tho. Don't be mad at me.

We got to see Sayu and Yoshida enjoying the fireworks together. They were even holding hands. :3 Also, the moment he lost sight of Sayu, he got so tense which clearly shows how much he cares about her. He clearly doesn't want her to go but he had to put up that face in front of her. And, Sayu feels the same way. It makes me happy to see how much he cares about her. Really wholesome.
Pre_YumMay 24, 2021 8:49 AM
May 24, 2021 8:26 AM

Feb 2018
The moment when Yoshida and Sayu made me sad, when Yoshida wanted Sayu back to Asahikawa. If sayu is not JK, if sayu is an office girl, will Yoshida have sex with Sayu, ahhhh damn. Best scene on this anime
May 24, 2021 8:27 AM
Feb 2021
Chill ep.
Next one Sayu will explain to Yoshida and Asami her past, kinda interesting if you already know from LN.
May 24, 2021 8:28 AM

Jul 2017
It's unfortunate that Yoshida's ex-girlfriend Ao Kanda won't be shown in this adaptation, but putting that aside, the beckoning of Sayu being chased back home is unsightly.

Entering into LN territory from this episode, Mishima senses Sayu's urgency to be hidden from her direct family members (that is her brother), and like friends keeping each other safe, a karaoke session between the two to pass time and wait for Yoshida to fetch her, all while time is not on their side.

Mishima going for the offensive against Sayu and taking into accounts for what she experienced before, that's her usual rant stunt for an adult talking down to a child. But why bother trying so hard when you see that the guy that you like and the runaway girl having a co-dependent relationship, it just hurts the heart and feelings. KoiKimo may have done that today, and this show does the same, only hitting harder than the former.

Spending the Summer Festival together, and the allurness of Sayu's rented Yukata causes Yoshida to blush a bit, how lovely. Watching them still has the father-daughter dynamic (with the romance possibility second to none) that feels wholesome the more they connect in spirit and in truth for bonding times.

The topic of "home" is taboo to Sayu, but Yoshida still trusts that she eventually has to go home, whilst keeping the small details on their lips. So endearing.

WELP, the focal point being Sayu's brother Issa having found Yoshida's apartment...what to do???
May 24, 2021 8:33 AM

Apr 2014
I feel sorry for Mishima. I also understand her pain from her one-sided love.
Sayu in her yukata was looking so cute. Her moments with Yoshida at the summer festival were also lovely.

Finally!, Issa, Sayu's brother, found her. This is where the story got more intense and dramatic, especially when Sayu's past will be revealed. Can't wait for the final five episodes.
何それ?意味分かんない
May 24, 2021 8:34 AM

Nov 2019
The piano and violin arrangement playing while Sayu and Yoshida were talking after the festival was beautiful to listen to.

The preview image at the last though. Looks like we'll finally get to see how that one scene of a girl on the rooftop during the OP is connected to Sayu's past.
May 24, 2021 8:34 AM

Jan 2021
Don't cry Kouhai (╥_╥)
Sayu is beautiful with the Yukata
Nice summer festival, but they two still aren't clear about their feelings...
I wonder what's going to happen, this is getting really interesting
May 24, 2021 8:36 AM

Feb 2018
ZeppeliGo said:
Chill ep.
Next one Sayu will explain to Yoshida and Asami her past, kinda interesting if you already know from LN.
u mean this?

May 24, 2021 8:43 AM

Jul 2020
sucks they both weren't honest about their feelings. I guess Sayu is really going home now for real
May 24, 2021 8:46 AM

Feb 2018
br- said:
sucks they both weren't honest about their feelings. I guess Sayu is really going home now for real
May 24, 2021 8:48 AM

Jul 2020
Syureria said:
br- said:

why did I even click the spoiler button
May 24, 2021 8:50 AM

Feb 2018
br- said:
what the heck, sry bro ;"(
May 24, 2021 8:52 AM
Mar 2021
It was ok, typicall RomCom Summerfestival scene and nothing to special, that her brother would find her was kinda obvious...it was ok
May 24, 2021 8:53 AM

Jul 2020
Syureria said:
br- said:
what the heck, sry bro ;"(

no problem lol. I think it's fine I got spoiled rather than waiting it for next week.
May 24, 2021 8:54 AM
Jul 2018
Yo wtf. I hate yoshida man. He really did mishima hard. Like she is also a person bruh. And she also conveyed her love. He is treating her like a cleaner or a cockroach felt bad. After that i can enjoy the rest of the episode at all. And even sayu like leaving her alone in karoke. Goodness may
May 24, 2021 8:56 AM

Oct 2020
It looks like the pressure of Yoshida's love is really on Yuzuha right now. It's pretty obvious why she cried. The summer festival is here! It's really relaxing to see more of Sayu and Yoshida just enjoying things together. Well, Sayu's brother is here to get Sayu. I'm interested in how this plays out.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 24, 2021 8:59 AM

Jun 2016
Is anyone else not weirded out that this show is pulling an Usagi Drop? A 27 year old guy is going after a minor... wtf is wrong with this show.

Mishima has been the best girl from the first moment she was on screen. Unlike Gotou, she's proactive in her life, and unlike Sayu, she isn't a child. It sucks that best girl gets the short end of the stick.
May 24, 2021 8:59 AM

Mar 2021
8th week watching this : I begin to think that the brother should use her sister in a prostitution scheme, at least she'd be useful for something and could make some profit, even though she's ugly af, she probably stinks too. Lots of people around here would love it too and rate it a 10...
May 24, 2021 9:02 AM
Feb 2021
Syureria said:
ZeppeliGo said:
Chill ep.
u mean this?

It’s like this but not precise to be honest

May 24, 2021 9:10 AM

Apr 2020
Shit's about to get real 😂
May 24, 2021 9:16 AM
Jul 2018
oh no oh no oh fcking noooo. i'm so nervous for next episode now... this was one thing i have been scared abt but now at least we will learn more abt sayu's past...

Also i still don't like mishima but at the same time i understand her but it's just- ugh damn i don't even knnow how to explain.

my first impression of sayu's brother: hot as fck,but other than that? he is probably a dick
removed-userMay 24, 2021 9:19 AM
May 24, 2021 9:16 AM
Jul 2018
Oxalyc said:
8th week watching this : I begin to think that the brother should use her sister in a prostitution scheme, at least she'd be useful for something and could make some profit, even though she's ugly af, she probably stinks too. Lots of people around here would love it too and rate it a 10...

Like after yoshida and sayu left mishima like a mosquito in karoke. I lost the interest in this episode. Though i rated it 9 at first. And still I haven’t recovered from what yoshida did to mishima in karoke. Tehy showed festival like wtf.
May 24, 2021 9:28 AM
Nov 2019
They rejiggled the festival a bit from the LN and cut out the drummers (which is where he lost Sayu) - dunno if its the translation on the stream i watched but in the LN he calls Sayu "Beautiful!" when she's in her Yukata and then he blushes as well as Sayu (previously he's only referred to Gotou and AO as Pretty - I think this is significant).

Also several internal comments on his cheeks feeling flushed as he walks round holding her hand.

So with the Brother turning up at the flat that confirms AO is completely cut out as she phones Yoshida the morning after the festival as she's left her purse in the office and needs to be let in to get it, they end up going for a meal and she calls him her "unrequited love" and that she has twigged he's got someone at home he cares deeply for - Yoshida realises that he could have had his high-school love back, but he'd made the decision not to because Sayu was at home.

This isn't a major issue as she's just another character to reinforce Yoshida's type and his flaws - that Mishmina has repeatedly spelt out instead so no great loss (apart from the sex scene and confirming that Yoshida is 100% not a virgin).

Next week is going to be painful and is also as far as the English translations go as we're effectively at the end of Volume 3 now.

May 24, 2021 9:33 AM

Feb 2021
the beginning of this ep started of meh, but after seeing sayus brother roll up to yoshidas apartment at the end of the ep i can’t wait till next week. I’m hyped af to see where the story goes.
May 24, 2021 9:34 AM

Aug 2020
Sayu's brother managed to find Sayu pretty quick, huh. They left us on a cliffhanger.
May 24, 2021 9:35 AM

Feb 2018
ZeppeliGo said:

what the heck, nice info... Thanks sir
May 24, 2021 9:35 AM

Jul 2015
Mishima is expecting participation trophy or something? Geez, what a homewrecker.

Next episode will be very important. We'll finally get to know Sayu's past.
I assume highschool girl with twintails standing on the ledge in the OP was a big factor.
PiromyslMay 24, 2021 9:52 AM

May 24, 2021 9:37 AM

Apr 2016
Around timestamp 9:30 of the episode was a good time to play the show's ED-Plastic Smile, Yuzuha will always be best girl:^D
TriHard7
May 24, 2021 9:42 AM
Feb 2021
Syureria said:
ZeppeliGo said:

what the heck, nice info... Thanks sir

They even showed it in ep, 4 during flashback, wet hand.
May 24, 2021 9:49 AM
Mar 2021
Pre_Yum said:
I'm sorry to anyone who likes Yuzuha but I don't like her at all. She's being mean to everyone from the start, I don't like her when she's too much into someone's life, Gotou, Yoshida, and now Sayu. She's just trying to keep Sayu away from Yoshida so Sayu would get out of his life clearly shows she's being jealous and immature unlike Gotou on the other hand. Just my opinion tho. Don't be mad at me.

We got to see Sayu and Yoshida enjoying the fireworks together. They were even holding hands. :3 Also, the moment he lost sight of Sayu, he got so tense which clearly shows how much he cares about her. He clearly doesn't want her to go but he had to put up that face in front of her. And, Sayu feels the same way. It makes me happy to see how much he cares about her. Really wholesome.

I feel the same!! I thought i was the only one feeling that way.
May 24, 2021 9:50 AM
Apr 2018
Very wholesome episode, like the calm before the storm. Next one is "past" cant wait to see what her past is like. She said in this ep that she didnt have friends and that she went alone the festivals. Her school life was probably shit.
May 24, 2021 9:51 AM
Apr 2018
Sucks to be mishimiha you can feel her pain. Hope she finds someone who loves her.
May 24, 2021 9:53 AM
Jul 2018
Really liked this episode. Yoshida is starting to realize how much better his life is having Sayu around. I’m hoping in the end he’ll ask her to stay
May 24, 2021 10:00 AM

Feb 2014
For the most part, this episode was satisfyingly wholesome. =)

I like Mishima more in this episode than the previous 2 or so, which was a welcome change. She did the right thing in helping Sayu to hide away from her brother who was still searching for her, but she was right to ask the tougher questions to Sayu about what she was going to do next, without overstepping her mark so much this time.

However, it's more apparent that despite confessing her love to Yoshida last time, it hasn't done anything to make him see her as nothing more than a friend and I do sympathise for her as she saw the duo off before breaking down, crying. She's got flaws, but she's still a nice girl, but I don't really see her being with Yoshida now. =(

The trip to the festival was nice, with Sayu renting out a cute yukata to wear, as well as trying out how delicious cotton candy is. I also enjoyed the talk between Sayu and Yoshida, as he still backing her to go home when she's ready.

Ironically, the next morning, Sayu's brother finally found where Sayu was staying and made his move. I can only hope he's genuine enough to properly help Sayu, but I still have my worries. Either way, I do look forward to seeing more of Sayu's past next week, as that should shed more light into why she ran away from home in the first place.
May 24, 2021 10:03 AM

Apr 2018
Our annoying blond girl helping Sayu, giving her some advice. But at the end that isn't what she wants.
The summer festival ep finally came.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
May 24, 2021 10:03 AM

Dec 2020
Im happy that yoshida san said it this way that he want sayu should go back but idk i have a feeling he want to say other things. Mishima is losing against a highschool girl.

I had goosebumps in the end who sayus brother ringing at the door.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

May 24, 2021 10:04 AM

Jan 2008
Syureria said:

May 24, 2021 10:08 AM
Jan 2021
All homies hate mishima
May 24, 2021 10:09 AM
Jan 2021
This whole episode seemed filled with contrived dialogue and insane amounts of blueballing. I just hope the show doesn't derail from this point onwards
May 24, 2021 10:09 AM
Apr 2018
Yoshida is also starting to feel awkward around sayu maybe he is seeing her as a woman now, maybe thats why he wants her to go home
May 24, 2021 10:10 AM
Jan 2021
I wanna cry, i just want sayu with the mc, clearly that isnt gonna happen
May 24, 2021 10:11 AM
Jan 2021
HatsumiShinogu said:
Syureria said:

Damn, if that's the case, I'm dropping the show right now. Thanks for the warning
May 24, 2021 10:11 AM
Mar 2021
Actually I feel this episode kinda boring in start but after seeing sayu's brother at the doorstep, I am so much excited. And next episode title is Past. So Hyped to watch what gonna happen to the relationship of Yoshida and Sayu :)
May 24, 2021 10:14 AM

Feb 2018
HatsumiShinogu said:
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hige wo Soru. Soshite Joshikousei wo Hirou. Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 28, 2021

302 by griddyweeb »»
Apr 6, 8:37 AM

Poll: » Hige wo Soru. Soshite Joshikousei wo Hirou. Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 14, 2021

155 by mushi_Jyou »»
Mar 30, 4:57 AM

» Season 2?

Koukyoukyoku - Jan 8

22 by cjozam »»
Jan 17, 10:23 PM

Poll: » Hige wo Soru. Soshite Joshikousei wo Hirou. Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 21, 2021

212 by RawrOMG »»
Jan 14, 12:11 AM

Poll: » Hige wo Soru. Soshite Joshikousei wo Hirou. Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2021

175 by RawrOMG »»
Jan 9, 3:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.