Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (10) « First ... « 8 9 [10]
May 20, 2021 6:09 PM

Mar 2021
It's been a day since I got the news, and I still can't believe it.

RIP, Miura-sensei

May 20, 2021 6:31 PM
Sep 2008

I first read Berserk at a bookstore where someone had torn the plastic wrap covering off. I was 13 at the time and was shocked and entranced by what I was looking at, like I had stumbled upon some amazing secret nobody knew about. I was able to take peaks at the pages when I thought no one was looking but obviously didn't have the nerve at that age to really read it. It was my curiosity and fascination that actually inspired me to get my first job working a paper route. With my first pay from that job I was able to purchase the first volume (through my amazing Mother...she would even put in pre-orders for me), then another, then another.

The next step was showing my friends and getting them into it too, as well as occasionally smuggling volumes in my school backpack and lending them to people. I'm living out of country now but keep in touch with friends in a chat group. One of them actually posted about Miura's passing and reminisced how Berserk was one of his first memories of me and what brought us close together as friends initially. He isn't anywhere near as big a fan as I am, and I barely remembered that being a major reason we became friends, but 15 years later we still message all the time. It was really touching to see.

These stories are a bit more juvenile , I know, but I really look back on these things fondly and how they shaped me at such an influential part of my life. More importantly, Berserk is what really fostered my interested in Japan and Japanese media, and would eventually lead to my route in secondary education. From there it led to coming and working in Japan and even meeting my girl friend of 5 years now who I met on the plane coming here (she also now loves Berserk and we now share it together).

I truly believe that Berserk has influenced my life more than any one singular thing and if it wasn't for Miura and his story, I most certainly wouldn't have made the friends I have, seen this beautiful country, become the man I am today or met the love of my life. Thank you Miura for everything you've done to help me and get me through the last 17 years of my life. I will always be truly grateful.
May 20, 2021 6:43 PM
Dec 2020
what happened to the comic "Berserk" after this? will it be serialized?
May 20, 2021 6:49 PM

Feb 2016
RIP, This is so depressing.
May 20, 2021 6:50 PM

Jul 2013
I'm absolutely devastated with Miura's death. The manga and anime literally changed my life in many ways. I've been a fan of Berserk since I was 17/18 years old in 1999 watching bootlegged anime fansubs of the 1997 anime. I've been a fan ever since and I can't express the joy I found once I was able to read the Berserk manga and continue the story from where the anime left off.

We lost an absolute legend. RIP
"Hopes and dreams... What more could one need?"
May 20, 2021 6:55 PM
May 20, 2021 7:59 PM

Jul 2019
CrimsonCW said:
BiDiGiN said:
I had read up until the Eclipse some years ago, and since then stopped because I hate reading unifinished series. Now it will never be completed, or if Kentaro's assistants do finish it, he will not see the final product. Tragic. Even though Kentaro Miura is far from people I care about the most, and I assume it's the same for most here, the news yesterday sobered me up. Life doesn't always go as planned...

Does that mean you're going to continue it, or drop it for good now?

Well, if his assistants don't continue his job, I'll read up until now, and if they do I'll keep waiting.
May 20, 2021 8:17 PM
Jul 2010
I rarely post something, he's death hit me hard and I'm just sad about it. Berserk is a timeless masterpiece of art and storytelling, a epic dark fantasy that many people got there's inspirations, from games to others manga,books and pop culture. I've remember when I first time read it by recommendation from my friend, once I've started I couldn't stop reading it until the end (at that time it ended after second eclipse I think) later on I was cursing my friend for telling me about it because I couldn't wait for the next chapter, but still I'm glad that I've read this masterpiece. It's a shame that we will not see the end of it and that's just hearth breaking.
Who ever didn't read the manga is missing so much.
May you rest in peace master Kentaro
May 20, 2021 9:55 PM
May 2021
Apparently he passed away from "acute aortic dissection". Something both rare and incredibly painful. This isn't fair!!
May 20, 2021 10:20 PM
Jan 2020
That's some sucky news. Was an inspiration.
May 20, 2021 10:59 PM
Apr 2016
RIP Sensei.
Thank you for everything.
May 20, 2021 11:01 PM

Aug 2020
I hope Berserk fans and Miura's family recover from this.

RIP legend.
May 20, 2021 11:03 PM

Aug 2018
We lost a legend from the industry. May his soul rests in peace.
May 21, 2021 1:34 AM

Jul 2013
I really hoped that this would be a bad joke, but I'm slowly coming to terms with it...

Bersek has been a huge inspiration to me, and Miura's passing is going to leave a massive void in all of us. It doesn't really matter if the serialization ends here or if Studio Gaga continues it, as it will never be the same. At least the moral of Berserk has been pretty clear from early on: To keep struggling. So, does Guts' suffering go on forever? No... I want to believe that he is brought one step closer to redemption each time one of us faces their own struggles.

You will be greatly missed Kentauro Miura...

To every Bersek fan out there:

NaughtyNoddyMay 21, 2021 4:30 AM
May 21, 2021 1:57 AM
Apr 2017
RIP Miura,
Never read or watched Berserk but to think one of the most popular Manga will never get an end…
May 21, 2021 4:09 AM
Aug 2020
May his soul rest in peace.
May 21, 2021 4:13 AM

Feb 2020
Rest in piece miura, my condolences to him family
Not been big berserk fan, but it saddens me that bersek fans would never get a conclusion to berserk written by miura
AdampkMay 21, 2021 4:17 AM
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

May 21, 2021 5:40 AM

Mar 2009
Draculoid said:

I first read Berserk at a bookstore where someone had torn the plastic wrap covering off. I was 13 at the time and was shocked and entranced by what I was looking at, like I had stumbled upon some amazing secret nobody knew about. I was able to take peaks at the pages when I thought no one was looking but obviously didn't have the nerve at that age to really read it. It was my curiosity and fascination that actually inspired me to get my first job working a paper route. With my first pay from that job I was able to purchase the first volume (through my amazing Mother...she would even put in pre-orders for me), then another, then another.

The next step was showing my friends and getting them into it too, as well as occasionally smuggling volumes in my school backpack and lending them to people. I'm living out of country now but keep in touch with friends in a chat group. One of them actually posted about Miura's passing and reminisced how Berserk was one of his first memories of me and what brought us close together as friends initially. He isn't anywhere near as big a fan as I am, and I barely remembered that being a major reason we became friends, but 15 years later we still message all the time. It was really touching to see.

These stories are a bit more juvenile , I know, but I really look back on these things fondly and how they shaped me at such an influential part of my life. More importantly, Berserk is what really fostered my interested in Japan and Japanese media, and would eventually lead to my route in secondary education. From there it led to coming and working in Japan and even meeting my girl friend of 5 years now who I met on the plane coming here (she also now loves Berserk and we now share it together).

I truly believe that Berserk has influenced my life more than any one singular thing and if it wasn't for Miura and his story, I most certainly wouldn't have made the friends I have, seen this beautiful country, become the man I am today or met the love of my life. Thank you Miura for everything you've done to help me and get me through the last 17 years of my life. I will always be truly grateful.

Nothing juvenile about it. News like this will always bring out a lot of sentiment. I keep thinking about my high school friend who introduced me to Berserk. I wonder what he's up to...

Glad you met so many people through Berserk. Nice stories. :)
May 21, 2021 7:00 AM

Jan 2021
Rest in peace Kentaro Miura. Your legacy will always be remembered from all the things you've influenced with your artistry. Hope his family gets through this.

You really never know what happens behind the scenes. Be kind to your favorite creators. HxH fans, tread carefully.
May 21, 2021 11:33 AM
Mar 2018
Rest in peace Sensei
May 21, 2021 2:31 PM

Feb 2018
You will be so dearly missed Miura sensei RIP.
May 21, 2021 3:21 PM

Feb 2021
I just started reading Berserk a few weeks ago, so I haven't grown attached to the series yet like so many people have, but I can already tell I'm going to enjoy it immensely.

That said, I was deeply saddened to learn of Miura-sensei's passing. He was an absolute legend in the world of manga and he will be truly missed.
May 21, 2021 5:26 PM
suii

Dec 2018
rip, the last chapter ended on a cliffhnger
May 22, 2021 4:20 AM

Jan 2012
Just started reading Berserk and loving it. Tragic that he died so young. Rest in peace. Condolences to his friends and family.
May 22, 2021 4:47 AM
Feb 2018
RIP to one of the goats, just started reading Berserk and am 120 chapters in and I absolutely love it, he will be missed :(
May 22, 2021 9:05 AM
Dec 2020
May he rest in peace.
May 22, 2021 9:34 AM

Feb 2021
rest in peace, ihave just started berserk but i'm going to read until the end regardless, i am not meaning to sound unconsiderate but what happens in this situation? will the manga never be completed or someone will be haired to complete it like mozarth's requiem? though no one could make something as great as the highest rated manga on mal so that might be worse than the manga never ending.
May 22, 2021 2:34 PM

Aug 2020
Life gets worse every day I wake up. Rip

May 22, 2021 4:21 PM

Jan 2013
Been watching all the Tributes from the Berserk youtubers and it's still just hard to believe. Thoughts and prayers to his family. truly tragic :( at the least he passed pouring his passion into what he loved. He has has so much influence on so many people and in so many different mediums, and will continue to for many generations to come. Personally, I remember first reading Berserk a decade ago on a bus ride home from one of my last days in junior high and while it wasn't the first manga I read, it really got me hooked on the medium. RIP Miura, he will be dearly missed
May 23, 2021 3:27 AM
Aug 2018
Sad news, I know chapters were released sporadically in the past decade or so but I was still holding hope it might come to an end on Miura's terms. RIP

May 23, 2021 9:24 AM
Jul 2011
It was often joked that either you (the reader) or Miura would pass away before the series finished but the reality of the news is just too cruel. Berserk was a huge influence on different mediums and entertainment cultures, a great talent is gone. The releases were slow but the attention to detail was second to none. When I first started reading this series I was barely out of highschool now I'm nearly an old fart myself. I was amaze that such a raw yet deep story was being told in this manga medium. It really open my eyes to reading more seinen manga.

It was a little rough at the beginning but man was the Golden Age Arc was an instant classic and I've been hooked every since. It was nice to since Miura grow as an artist as his detail and visual style became even more refined throughout the series lifetime.

Fuck man, this is just too much of a gut punch. RIP Miura, you was a legend.
May 23, 2021 10:12 AM
May 2019
faaaaack life man, it was my fav manga.
Rest in piece kentaro miura

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

May 23, 2021 10:37 AM

Dec 2019
Sad to hear this news. Just started reading Berserk. It's a little discouraging to continue now. RIP Kentaro
May 23, 2021 12:54 PM

Apr 2017
Grave_Digger_13 said:
It's a little discouraging to continue now.

Unnecessarily so. Odds are you will be glad you didn't miss out.
May 23, 2021 1:32 PM
Oct 2020
still can't believe it, and feel so sad. :(((

Rest in peace, Miura sensei. Thank you so much for creating such an artwork with your amazing talent. Your work will definitely continue to inspire a lot in the future as well.
May 24, 2021 3:35 AM

Oct 2015
Rest in peace to a legend. I've only read the first volume (and seen the 97 anime adaptation) but I own the first 11 volumes. More than a manga writer he was a human being who had friends and a family and it's incredibly sobering to see someone pass at such a young age. Thank you Miura, and my condolences to his friends and family. You've helped so many people through so many tough times, and I hope that you know that. I'm happy to be a part of a community where so many people band together and respect and acknowledge and celebrate the life of someone who touched the hearts of so many people. Your memory will live on forever.
May 24, 2021 3:41 AM

Mar 2008
Such tragic news, this truly is so sad. RIP Kentaro Miura.. and all I can say is thanks for Berserk, it's a masterpiece
May 24, 2021 9:46 AM
Feb 2021
Although I haven't read Berserk I still feel sad because I wanted to start reading after it was finished . But I don't think now I have will to continue.
Rest in peace Miura
Ansh2004May 24, 2021 9:49 AM
May 25, 2021 4:34 PM

Dec 2011
Just found out. A legend gone. But his legacy lives on.
May 25, 2021 4:47 PM

Feb 2013
Berserk holds a special place in my heart. For something to come across all boundaries, from the heart of someone else, who was so, so, brilliant...
Rest in Peace.
PokecolOct 16, 2023 10:23 PM
May 27, 2021 10:10 AM
Oct 2020
I just finished the manga, and while I did know about his death before, I think like it finally hit me, Im sure all most everyone here will agree that berserk is just such a special and amazing manga, and its honestly a shame to see one the greatest mangaka of our time pass away before he could finish this master piece of a story...
but just as guts said, "he died doing what he wanted, no matter what, right? I bet he was happy"
may he rest in peace
May 28, 2021 2:03 AM
Nov 2020
RIP, every panel is a masterpiece. I just started it last month
May 30, 2021 12:40 AM
Dec 2020
Though haven't read it but Rest in peace Kentaro Miuara
May 30, 2021 11:15 AM

Dec 2018
I used to joke about it, sying he will pass away before he finishes the story. Never thought it will really happen and it hurts real bad. I was reading this manga since the 90s. Can not believe this really happened. God give him peace 🙏
Jun 2, 2021 10:53 AM
Mar 2016
It was supposed to be released the new chapter this month right? I hope they will continue with his masterpiece. Is so sad to see this amazing story and his creator passing away. Not fair.
Jun 5, 2021 2:07 AM
Dec 2013
RIP to the legend. I remember reading Berserk as a kid and it was what got me hooked to manga.
Jun 11, 2021 7:41 AM

Apr 2015
why :(, it's very rare to have a high-quality drawing on a manga these days.
4th times getting signature banned wtf
Pages (10) « First ... « 8 9 [10]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Berserk Chapter 376 Discussion

MegamiRem - Apr 25

39 by BakLol »»
3 hours ago

» Chapter 376 - The End is Near

luckysjjsjsjs - Apr 25

21 by Alexioos95 »»
Yesterday, 3:15 PM

Poll: » Berserk Chapter 22 Discussion

Rasco - Dec 3, 2010

30 by MrGutz »»
Yesterday, 7:24 AM

Poll: » Berserk Chapter 118 Discussion

AlexSadist-sama - Nov 6, 2011

20 by wxykz »»
Yesterday, 6:50 AM

Poll: » Berserk Chapter 8 Discussion

KitaTsuki - Mar 5, 2011

45 by Thegyew »»
Apr 25, 11:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.