Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
May 1, 2021 3:41 AM
Jul 2017
Pre_Yum said:
. Seriously running out of ideas.. huh

I'd say they're actually pretty clever ideas. The comic quirk can get really cool and meta. Either way, I don't think Class 1B is too important anyway. I mean I hope they can get more focus from here on out, but that's probably not likely.
May 1, 2021 3:42 AM

Oct 2017
Momo did great but that wasn't enough, congratz to class B team for winning.
May 1, 2021 4:03 AM

Mar 2020
Venumidas said:
4 minutes in and the Episode starts.

Just a reminder that Studio BONES hates BNHA.

7 minutes in and the Episode actually starts moving forward.

This is the first time in anime history where I literally had to skip through the episode to actually watch it, it sucks that this seemingly is the only thing I have this season.

Can we please get BNHA canceled so BONES can actually work on something they enjoy?
actually the mangaka was sick when the arc was being published and he took frequent breaks and the chapters he published were 10 to 13 pages only and since MHA airs in the prime time they had to make S5 25 eps long else they wouldn't make much money in the prime time so to match the schedule they had to fix the pacing somehow so they had to use flashbacks.
May 1, 2021 4:10 AM

Dec 2020
That was a nice tactic from Class B with the mushrooms. Momo foresaw well what she'll do next and that with the lucky bag.

Was hard to tell which team wins.Next week is shoto vs tetsutetsu
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

May 1, 2021 4:11 AM
Jan 2010
Being the comic guy must be living hell just like the eye monster and animal guy.
May 1, 2021 4:33 AM

Feb 2014
So we have almost 3 minutes with useless recap, then yet another boring episode, Tokoyami had mushrooms inside him and didn't beat the mushroom girl to a pulp? Invisible Girl was unable to hear Kendo walking around dragging a cannon? The "stop biased comments" gag became stale after the first time used.

If the mangaka was sick when he was writing this arc, it would have been better to take some time off rather than writing an arc as bad as this one.
May 1, 2021 4:48 AM

Nov 2011
The Momo and Kendo fight wasn't even a fight. It was just to show off Momo's big brain. The star of these two episodes was Tokoyami. I actually enjoyed watching his fights and I hope they make him more main as the story goes along.

I like how Midoriya said "Everyone's improving" and I immediately thought "Not Aoyama" This dude is still Useless imo.

Stop the Biased Commentary stuff as well. It's more stale then a Day Old bagel.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

May 1, 2021 5:04 AM

May 2020
kinda suck we dont get any ass shot but we do see a lot of boobs shot lol hahahhahaha

Damn, invisible girl's punch was so weak that kendo was able to capture her lol how cant she knock out the guy out not only she was useless in this battle smh
May 1, 2021 5:07 AM
Wings

Apr 2017
1-A got sweeped this round. That's tuff.
May 1, 2021 5:09 AM

May 2020
MegamiRem said:
Momo did great but that wasn't enough, congratz to class B team for winning.

thanks to invisible girl and aoyami being useless god damn
May 1, 2021 5:09 AM

Jul 2017
The inter-class fight continues in the 2nd Round: YaoMomo's group vs. Kendo's group.

At this point, it's just more of knowing what Class 1-B has to offer through their Quirks while playing the same effects. Kinoko's Mushroom and Manga's Comic are cool Quirks, and Vlad King just can't stop his biased commentary.

Momo has once again reaffirmed her conviction to be strong, and while Hagukure and Tokoyami did good, Class 1-B emerged victorious.

Just hold onto this repetitious phase for the time being.
May 1, 2021 5:36 AM

Jun 2016
b this episode definitely showed how both sides hove grown and gotten a lot better at being heroes as well as using their quirks. especially with how momo was thinking ahead, even though class a lost you still see their determination. overall this episode leaves me wanting to see the next episode.

beat beat drums

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

May 1, 2021 5:43 AM

Nov 2020
Another decent episode, it's fun seeing how all the quirks are being mixed together and utilized, with some really out there ideas like the manga dude. This episode also did a good job of making me guess who'd come out on top until the end, thinking Class A had it in the bag until Tokoyami started coughing. Both teams did great overall. I will say though that this arc is one that I think would be better binged, it's kind of rough only seeing half a match every week, and the recaps in the beginning aren't helping as it indicates Bones is deliberately dragging it out. Guess we'll be here until episode 12 if the 2 episodes per match thing holds up.
Are ya winning, diners?
May 1, 2021 5:49 AM

Feb 2014
It was a close battle with plenty of twists and turns, but in the end, Class 1-B were able to get the victory, although I did like how Kendo reflected on this while praising Momo's conviction during their battle, saying that this victory felt hollow to her.

Despite the defeat, Tokoyami was probably my star performer in this whole match for his tireless efforts and adaptability, as well as showing his new move. However, the tide of the match finally went against him when Kinono used her mushroom powers to effect his windpipe. A low blow, but it was a fair tactic regardless.

Now, if only someone else could do the commentary instead of the biased Vlad King. XD

I hope that Class 1-A can bounce back and win the next match. Todoroki's involved, but it'll still be a tricky match, though.
May 1, 2021 5:56 AM

Dec 2015
I liked the episode and this class battle as a whole. It gives characters we don't know a chance to shine and it's cool to see how quirks can complement one another. Last week, for example, I got to see more of the Ibara Shiozaki who impressed during her showcase against Denki and this episode with the mushroom girl, Kinoko. I felt bad for Momo's team especially for Momo, but as Todoroki says she's getting more confident in herself, which she was lacking in past seasons. I kinda knew how the battle was going to end in the last episode, where class A wins and the next team would lose, but I was hoping I was wrong.
May 1, 2021 5:58 AM
🐰KawaiiDaikaiju🐲

Nov 2017
Lol, Toru turned into a Matango 🍄😄

“SAITO! YOU NEED TO EXPLODE! FOR THE WORLD’S SAKE!”
May 1, 2021 6:19 AM

May 2015
Badger, badger, badger...

Mushroom! Mushroom!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
May 1, 2021 6:28 AM

Aug 2020
I feel like the comic quirk really could have been a lot better, its a really good idea overall, too bad it was a side character who got it. Underwhelmed by this fight and this arc overall tbh, pretty impatient to see deku fight.
clannad is the greatest piece of fiction to ever exist.
May 1, 2021 6:48 AM
Mar 2016
Im a big fan of the tv show but this episodes are really, really boring. I hope after this tiny arc will start to go up again but now I cant give more than a 6 to the season.
May 1, 2021 6:51 AM

Mar 2020
Excluding Kendo, Class 1-B didn’t seem to have any good close range fighters. Why Class 1-A gained the upper when Momo isolated Kendo. Even so, Class 1-A lost. Why? Probably cause Tooru and Aoyama couldn’t do much in the battle as for Class 1-B, everyone did something that contributed to the success of the battle.
May 1, 2021 6:59 AM

Sep 2020
Venumidas said:

This is the first time in anime history where I literally had to skip through the episode to actually watch it, it sucks that this seemingly is the only thing I have this season.

Can we please get BNHA canceled so BONES can actually work on something they enjoy?
Just wait and see, bones will put in everything they have for the upcoming arc.
Also, bones would never drop BnHA, since it's their main source of money.

WHAT A LAUGHABLE ATTEMPT.
YOU SHOULD JUST STAY WHERE YOU ARE
, GROVELING AT MY FEET

P.S. PLEASE HELP ME GAIN MORE PROFILE VIEWS
May 1, 2021 7:01 AM

Jun 2014
Class B managed to pull off a victory in the end after it seemed like Class A was about to win. Kinoko's Quirk can get pretty dangerous, so she's definitely one to keep an eye on.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

May 1, 2021 7:05 AM

Oct 2016
Great episode! Class A did great, but Class B was smart to separate them and force them into a situation where they have to fight, and Tokoyami is really the only straight up power type in the team, B's quirks where too overwhelming for them. At least they were able to show their growth especially Tokoyami and Momo.

Kuroiro definitely crushing hard on Komori, and speaking of Komori she dangerous as hell, if that was a real fight Tokoyami would be dead already or maybe even all of them if she spreads that deadly mushroom everywhere. Props to Kendo too for the big brain, and Fukidashi has a cool and unique quirk, kinda wondering how he discovered it lmao.

Really looking forward to the next episode, I liked all the fights, but I think my favorite was definitely the 3rd match so I'm looking forward to that.
May 1, 2021 7:18 AM

Oct 2009
This episode was kinda just... dragging its feet, wasn't it? I dunno. Maybe it's just me, but I actually found myself skipping ahead 10-15 seconds a few times, which I never do. Was just slow and not much interesting, and then that asspull at the end... come on, really?
Still. A few nice Shouto and Fumikage closeups, and some nice Fumikage and Dark Shadow interactions :D those were cute.
May 1, 2021 7:28 AM
Nov 2020
It was a great episode, beautiful ending... next round will be even better
May 1, 2021 7:57 AM
Jan 2021
I'm glad we at least got one class-B win, they definitely deserved this one.

I'm still hoping Monoma and Shinso will beat Deku's group, but not getting my hopes up because I doubt it😔
May 1, 2021 7:58 AM

Jul 2015
I can't be the only one noticing all these constant flashbacks.. again and again..
also.. i loved the previous fight.. but the "class A was good" cliche in this round.. and everyone praising momo and class A even tho class B won.. is so weird..
May 1, 2021 8:11 AM

Oct 2020
Momo and Fumikage fought hard but were outclassed by class B. Honestly, that mushroom girl was pretty scary.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 1, 2021 8:19 AM
Aug 2020
Venumidas said:

Ah no wonder why the mha fandom is the worst fandom or people like you are the worst.
Ofcool2947May 1, 2021 8:22 AM
May 1, 2021 8:24 AM

Jul 2020
Damn, that episode was boring. At least they had powerups (?) I guess lol.

I accept random friend requests!
May 1, 2021 8:47 AM

Apr 2014
Dude. I do not get why many are not liking this arc or something. Sure something is off now and then. But hey I like seeing Class 1-B in action to see what they are capable of. Kendo really did a good job strategizing, though there are some parts that could've made the team lose. Though Mushroom girl was so undermined. In the end she managed to incapacitate Fukiyami. Then the Comic hero guy was funny. Though Class 1-A lost that is fine. Looking forward to the next episode. It is going to be a good one. Then the one after that one. X3
May 1, 2021 8:51 AM

Dec 2014
Ofcool2947 said:
Venumidas said:

Ah no wonder why the mha fandom is the worst fandom or people like you are the worst.

How about you back up your degenerate post with anything?

"OMG FANDOM BAD"

How can I even be considered a fan if I considered this show to be a downfall since like 3 seasons?

Adding the reasoning that BONES most likely hates this show at this point, obviously it makes money, but that's the issue, it feels like they are tied to some long term contract that damn near forces them to work on this shit.

Animators are probably some of the few people on this planet that (somtimes) care about the thing they work on not just for the pure net gain.
You can feel if a show has no passion behind it and BNHA feels like a fucking rotten corpse in that regard.

There is absolutely no speck of love, interest or passion in this, feels like I'm watching a american cartoon produced for the masses, dumbed down to the utmost it can and cutting corners in every way possible.
May 1, 2021 8:52 AM

Dec 2016
It's a shame Class 1-A lost this time, but I must admit, I got impressed by 1-B's effort of teamwork. They all did great! Kinoko's quirk is scarry and it's one to fear for *-*

So I guess it skipped a part from the manga... I was hopping to see Kinoko giving something to Tokoyami to relieve the coughing >_> I think that could have been included if the flashback of the meeting of Class 1-A and Class 1-B hadn't played over and over :/

Even so, great episode!

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
May 1, 2021 8:54 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
So class B takes this round even though Class A put up a decent fight. Next week its Todoroki's time to shine.
May 1, 2021 8:57 AM
Feb 2016
Venumidas said:

Same, never have i felt this way about an episode. The useless flashbacks, the constant reminders that "Momo is so great", the repetition of phrases between scenes for no reason at all, it felt like they could have put 2 fights in this episode, or at least the beginning of the next one.
May 1, 2021 9:18 AM
Aug 2020
Venumidas said:
Ofcool2947 said:

"OMG FANDOM BAD"

How can I even be considered a fan if I considered this show to be a downfall since like 3 seasons?

Adding the reasoning that BONES most likely hates this show at this point, obviously it makes money, but that's the issue, it feels like they are tied to some long term contract that damn near forces them to work on this shit.

Animators are probably some of the few people on this planet that (somtimes) care about the thing they work on not just for the pure net gain.
You can feel if a show has no passion behind it and BNHA feels like a fucking rotten corpse in that regard.

There is absolutely no speck of love, interest or passion in this, feels like I'm watching a american cartoon produced for the masses, dumbed down to the utmost it can and cutting corners in every way possible.

You still kept up with it, pretty sure a non fan who claims “considered this show to be a downfall since like three seasons” would drop the show by at least the third season.

If BONES hated this show, then the anime shouldn’t have sakuga at all or should have terrible animation like SDS.

Animators care for their work no matter what anime they’re doing, AOT S4 still looked somewhat decent. OPM S2 had sakuga by animators that care even though schedule was ass. Same applies with this anime cause y’know this anime doesn’t have the best scheduling.

People like you are still the worst

If there was no “speck of love, interest or passion in this” then why is yutaka nakamura always at least putting out well done sakuga in the biggest fights of this anime and not horrible ones. Why is every sakuga done well and not some shit like SDS. Why is yuki hayashi always delivering some good OST’s.

But yeah ok bones doesn’t care. i could say the exact same thing with mappa on AOT S4 or JC Staff on OPM S2.

I’m not even the biggest MHA fan out there, but i can’t say bones is doing a horrible job when they still push out the best animation for the fights of this anime, only exception i make was the mirio fight which both the anime and manga were boring.
Ofcool2947May 1, 2021 9:22 AM
May 1, 2021 9:20 AM

Dec 2014
Ofcool2947 said:
Venumidas said:

"OMG FANDOM BAD"

You still kept up with it, pretty sure a non fan who claims “considered this show to be a downfall since like three seasons” would drop the show by at least the third season.

If BONES hated this show, then the anime shouldn’t have sakuga at all or should have terrible animation like SDS.

Animators care for their work no matter what anime they’re doing, AOT S4 still looked somewhat decent. OPM S2 had sakuga by animators that care even though schedule was ass. Same applies with this anime cause y’know this anime doesn’t have the best scheduling.

If there was no “speck of love, interest or passion in this” then why is yutaka nakamura always at least putting out well done sakuga in the biggest fights of this anime and not horrible ones. Why is every sakuga done well and not some shit like SDS. Why is yuki hayashi always delivering some good OST’s.

But yeah ok bones doesn’t care. i could say the exact same thing with mappa on AOT S4 or JC Staff on OPM S2.

Ignoring what I said to make your point.
May 1, 2021 9:23 AM
Aug 2020
Venumidas said:
Ofcool2947 said:

Ignoring what I said to make your point.

Strange way to say you can’t read.

Do you even know how animation production works for anime in general?
Ofcool2947May 1, 2021 9:32 AM
May 1, 2021 9:47 AM

Nov 2009
Are these the worst quirks yet? Mushrooms and.....Word Walls.....? Really? Imagine losing to a mushroom KEKW
May 1, 2021 10:08 AM
Jan 2021
haydnwright said:
Are these the worst quirks yet? Mushrooms and.....Word Walls.....? Really? Imagine losing to a mushroom KEKW

She put one in Tokoyami throat that could kill someone if she put a bigger mushroom in their not even all might could survive if it was a sneak attack and I’m pretty the manga character guy is a joke character but it’s ironically powerful and useful for separating them
May 1, 2021 10:09 AM

May 2015
Mushroom girl create clickers. This is canon to TLOU.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
May 1, 2021 10:26 AM
May 2020
Yaoyorozu was weak man. I'm not satisfied with this defeat. Too many people giving her credits. Only Takoyami pulled the weight.
May 1, 2021 10:54 AM

Mar 2019
I cant be the only one wondering why they're still watching this right?
May 1, 2021 10:58 AM

Dec 2017
this episode was kinda boring. hopefully it gets more interesting later on...
May 1, 2021 11:00 AM
Mar 2021
My boy Tokoyami was hoed today, he should of at least gotten one capture imo. He showed off so many new moves and really improved. Would of been nice if he at least captured the shadow dude.
May 1, 2021 11:08 AM

Jun 2019
This episode was genuinely bad.

So much recap and talking just to waste time. I hate how the writer tries to hype the characters up by having other characters say “They are so strong!”. Show us they are strong, don’t just have a circlejerk session where all the characters are calling each other strong instead of putting in the work to make us believe they are strong.

The fight itself was uninteresting and the animation looked very cheap at points.

I hope the rest of the season is not like this.
May 1, 2021 11:08 AM
Mar 2021
Bem bem razoável, a luta não tem nenhuma parte muito emocionante e ocupou um episódio inteiro, acho que eles podiam ter encurtado um pouco e ter colocado um pouco da próxima
May 1, 2021 11:24 AM

Mar 2017
Class A lost but they put up a bloody good fight. To be honest, Class B was just better at utilising everyone in their team. Kinoko's quirk seems lame at first (I mean, Mushrooms?!) but she gave us just a hint of what she can really do when she grew the mushrooms 𝘪𝘯𝘴𝘪𝘥𝘦 Tokoyami's body!

I'm starting to get really pissed off with the way Bones is adapting BNHA now. Why did we need a nearly 5 min recap of what happened last week? It wasn't that long ago! Also the story telling is just like 'this happened, and then this happened'... very sequenced without much oomph. It's breaking my heart cause this should be a fun arc but they aren't animating this in a way that's making the secondary characters shine, which is actually something I love about the manga; Deku's the MC but the others are just as important.
May 1, 2021 12:14 PM

Apr 2020
The Manga guy's quirk is hilarious

┌─❈❇❈─┐

└─❈❇❈─┘

Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2021

202 by bapaejoget »»
Apr 18, 9:17 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2021

193 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 9, 12:55 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2021

297 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 7, 11:57 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2021

293 by Yurisu »»
Mar 28, 4:39 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2021

144 by oozePOP »»
Mar 15, 9:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.