Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 27, 2021 2:38 PM

Jan 2021
I don’t know why I still had faith in this anime. The new arc looks like it’s gonna be a little bit better, but seriously that ending scene made me laugh my ass off.
under”Mebius” is my salvation

Apr 27, 2021 2:57 PM
Mar 2015
Coming soon Jouram the isekai
Apr 27, 2021 4:54 PM

Jun 2014
I'm sure neither Elena nor Tsukishiro are actually dead. Lmao that ending scene though, you have the conviction to give Sawa the poison, then when she takes it, you start freaking out when she begins dying from.....that poison you just gave her 10 seconds ago. I'm curious to see where the show goes from here, since the revenge plot is already done and they're leading us to believe the main characters are all "dead."
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Apr 27, 2021 4:59 PM
Jul 2018
There was a lot of information in the episode that was highlighted a lot, it really was a cool episode.
Apr 27, 2021 7:09 PM
Oct 2018
This episode was dope, the best by far of the series. It took a breath and talked about characters, about the future. And then it just dropped the bomb in the last 5 minutes. I swear that if after the ed song there was a frame with the sentence "THE END" I would believe it. Now I'm 100% interested to know where is this going
Akkarin! Hai!
Apr 27, 2021 7:37 PM

May 2018
SHE CAN'T JUST DIE HALFWAY THROUGH WTF
Apr 27, 2021 9:35 PM

Dec 2018
I'm guessing Sawa's powers might activate and save her, or the kid has an antidote with her, or her body just overpowers it cause plot armor lol.
Apr 27, 2021 10:23 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
This episode was the antidote for anyone having a nice day. It will darken your mood and leave you in a WTF state of mind. I slog through this series hoping for some character to really care about...so far....no. Maybe in the next episode....
Apr 27, 2021 10:49 PM

Dec 2020
i was so happy that elena was pregnant and actually wanted to take care of the baby but she died on the same fucking episode damn. she was a bitch but i liked her, definitely gonna miss her. have a feeling makoto and sawa isn't dead yet, especially sawa since ,, she's the main character but i rly hope makoto isn't dead yet i just got attached to them come on
Apr 27, 2021 10:59 PM
Apr 2020
Elena's "death" is a message that you can't runaway from the Organization, even if you are pregnant. Poor Elena and her unborn child. But, is she really dead? Considering that she know what happening in the organization, she must have suspected that they're going to do it that's why she told Sawa to not trust anyone aside from yourself.

Now that Sawa executed her revenge, I guess it's time to destroy the Organization.

Apr 28, 2021 12:28 AM
Oct 2015
I think it's pretty obvious that none of the main trio characters are dead. The first scene of the episode is literally Sawa's funeral, so it's a fast forward that we'll probably see in the near future. Imo, what happened here is that Tsukishiro somehow managed to survive (they didn't show her dead) and sent that poison to the child to fake Sawa's death and "free" her from Nue (that's what the funeral was about).
Elena´s case is a bit more sketchy, but for sure it wasn't suicide. I believe she wanted to have that baby, so it's either her faking her death to do the same thing as Sawa or Nue killed her indeed as a warning to Sawa.

This is the most interesting part of the show so far, so i'm starting to get my hopes up just a bit.
byKaznaApr 28, 2021 12:41 AM
Apr 28, 2021 4:14 AM

Jul 2016
byKazna said:
I think it's pretty obvious that none of the main trio characters are dead. The first scene of the episode is literally Sawa's funeral, so it's a fast forward that we'll probably see in the near future. Imo, what happened here is that Tsukishiro somehow managed to survive (they didn't show her dead) and sent that poison to the child to fake Sawa's death and "free" her from Nue (that's what the funeral was about).
Elena´s case is a bit more sketchy, but for sure it wasn't suicide. I believe she wanted to have that baby, so it's either her faking her death to do the same thing as Sawa or Nue killed her indeed as a warning to Sawa.

This is the most interesting part of the show so far, so i'm starting to get my hopes up just a bit.

While I agree I dont think they are all dead I just think it has been so poorly done so far. It seems like this anime is trying to do too much with too little.
Apr 28, 2021 6:08 AM

Oct 2016
Good episode! Also a rather depressing one.

Now that Sawa has achieved her revenge, there's really nothing left for her, except maybe Asahi. Though I doubt all of them are really dead, Tsukishiro probably uno reversed card that driver. For Elena I am not that sure, there's plenty of possibilities for her. She either killed themselves to start a new life, so the government won't catch catch and kill them or they're actually dead dead. For Sawa, her powers might save her? Well, it's still not really clear who the true antagonist is, but it might be Tokugawa? Not sure, but we'll find out eventually.
Apr 28, 2021 7:09 AM

Nov 2013
??? so thats it? she just died like that?
Apr 28, 2021 8:19 AM
May 2011
I loved the scene where Asahi told Sawa she had to keep eating the meals she prepared so she could be poisoned. Asahi is too precious. I understand the frustration people have with the last scene, but it's obvious Asahi doesn't want Sawa to die. From her memories, she knows her parents were shit people, so while it's not unimaginable that she'd want to avenge them (they did birth and raise her, despite the things they did to her) I highly doubt it.

The issue is with Sawa. How do you reconcile your desire for someone to live, if they themselves want to die? While her reaction to the blood on her hand surprised me, I fully expected the listless Sawa we got in this episode. She was basically begging for death in all her interactions with Asahi, so while Asahi finally gave in, I've got no issue with her being upset about it.
Apr 28, 2021 5:09 PM

Mar 2014
Enyone know real life government special forces organisation that is killing their loyal servants when they want to retire? I find the idea of organisation like this rather silly.
Apr 28, 2021 5:22 PM

Jul 2011
With all respect, Asahi parents getting killed by Sawa was a good thing.

Sawa death is just fake, her constitution is different than a normal human, and probably was a poison that should be diluted in food, and just stopped her heart temporally in pure, and next episode she will probably rise from the ground on her "wraith" form.
Apr 28, 2021 5:30 PM

Sep 2020
Well, whether all the current Nue agents are out of the picture or not, at least two new agents should be introduced soon.
Apr 28, 2021 6:29 PM

Jan 2020
Well, Asahi doesn't have big injuries before that scene with the fire, but meh

Despite the incongruities of the previous chapters, this was fine

Humans may have two eyes, but we can only see one thing
Don't use the scores to see an anime
ええい! なんでも やって やる
Apr 28, 2021 7:27 PM

Apr 2008
I really want to like this with the style and gritty setting and twisting loyalties, but the characters are so incredibly flat that all these elements that should make an interesting plot bounce right off them. Think I'm done with this.
Apr 28, 2021 8:32 PM

Feb 2019
Not too terribly surprisingly, this felt like an episode that was floundering quite a bit. Maybe that's partially intentional as a way of reflecting Sawa's depression and post-traumatic breakdown, Elena getting pregnant, and Makoto fumbling around in general, but given the writing in the show so far, I'm not terribly inclined to give it the benefit of the doubt. Especially not when it was so hamfisted about so much of it, particularly Elena spending the entire episode fussing over her stomach. Literally every damn scene this episode, to be immediately followed by "Is it that obvious?" Yes. Yes it was.

It's also a bit far out of character for her of all of them to go "Welp, gonna be a mother. That's the end of everything I want to do with my life." Her death was also about as convincing as Sawa's. A burned house with someone with blonde hair. Well, that's airtight evidence. At least blow her up in front of Sawa.
Apr 29, 2021 12:28 AM

Oct 2013
No, I'm not gonna trust burned bodies in anime.
Apr 29, 2021 11:30 AM
Feb 2021
Sawa took the poison damn...dunno what is gonna happen to her in the next episode...
Apr 29, 2021 3:37 PM
Dec 2019
Andrzej2 said:
Enyone know real life government special forces organisation that is killing their loyal servants when they want to retire? I find the idea of organisation like this rather silly.

I mean, like Treasurer pointed out before she croaked the government gets shittier and shittier at actual governing and tries just to paper over the ever increasing faults and cracks in the society. It would fit for them to try to control their agents with bloody iron fist just to end up completely losing any carrot and stick they have for the remaining ones. It looks like everybody that matters in Nue has their own goals anyway. I think Sawa is guaranteed 100% survival - probably poison was one of the "resemble death" stuff to free her, doubt that Tsukishiro would be done in as easily, so I can only hope that Elena somehow tricked the Nue agents with false death.
I know writing hasn't been the greatest in the show, but I'd prefer her surviving instead of being killed of as soon as she became mother.
Apr 29, 2021 5:30 PM

Apr 2012
Janethan23 said:
I wonder whenever the two women say "I hate you" do they actually mean "I love you" in a sarcastic platonic way.

Well, it was almost literally "I hate you, but I will miss you."

Andrzej2 said:

You underestimate the dangers of valuable secrets in politics. Even if we do not turn into supporters of conspiracy theories, there is still a lot of crap in the world, the truth about which can destroy a couple of regimes or start several wars.
Apr 29, 2021 7:48 PM

Mar 2020
I have no idea what's going on.
Really, I don't know what I'm watching lol this show is leaving a lot of loose ends that I have no idea how are they going to end it with a good closure. Also this show fucking loves to end the episodes with cliffhangers, stop please.
NiandraLadesApr 29, 2021 7:54 PM
Apr 30, 2021 9:23 AM

Sep 2014
I think Sawa's next revenge is against the organization, I can't see it going in any other direction. Little sister is a little bit annoying, always saying she will get her revenge when obviously she was saved from terrible parents. I can't understand her logics.
Vide cor Meum
Apr 30, 2021 11:27 AM
Jan 2021
I think that she didn't gave Sawa poison, she only made her look like she's dead in order to get the organization off her back. And I think that she did this whole "Onee-chan!" thing to make it more believable.

Marinate1016 said:
“You have to die, this time it’s real poison” *gives poison* “onee-chan! Onee-chan!” Lmaoo wtf type of logic.

I’m kinda confused on where the show goes from here. Sawa lived for her revenge and now that she has it, what purpose does she have in life ?

Too bad about Elena “committing suicide” I don’t think there’s ever a way out of that lifestyle quietly.
May 1, 2021 4:37 AM

May 2015
Sooo...what is main plot again?
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
May 2, 2021 12:31 AM
May 2017
Pretty great episode, in other animes the revenge plot is always like "no no revenge is bad dont do the revenge, then in the end the mc realizes this and gives up on revenge and everybody lives happily ever after".

Here she goes down the wrong path, her only objective in her life is revenge, and she actually gets to achieve it. And yes obviously living for revenge wasn't the correct thing to do since now she's basically done with life and happily takes the poison to end it all. It is like if we take the basic revenge plot I mentioned, but we get the bad ending. Also, the poison is the same from some episodes ago, it is pretty good writing, it isn't just random things happening, many will be relevant later in the story.

Anyway, theoretically our entire main cast is dead. At least if they weren't main characters we would think so, "they are not dead, cuz they are the main characters" is not a fair point to make.
Sawa, well she's the main character and we don't if Makoto's poison is actually real poison, as she clearly does not want to kill Sawa, she was like done with this business and about to leave the country, but she got her motivation back when she heard Sawa actually survived. Also she probably isn't the one getting shot in the car.
Elena on the other hand might have just met her end, it really seemed like she and her husband(?) died there, as in that era Japan there were really few people with blonde hair, the dead body might really be her.

FrozenRaider said:
Sooo...what is main plot again?

I don't really know, but that's what so great about this anime, we are exploring the story along the way, it is not just an other bland isekai/haram/etc where we just about know the entire story even before watching a single episode.
imSOuniqueMay 2, 2021 12:43 AM
May 2, 2021 12:39 AM
May 2017
Accord2 said:
I think Sawa's next revenge is against the organization, I can't see it going in any other direction. Little sister is a little bit annoying, always saying she will get her revenge when obviously she was saved from terrible parents. I can't understand her logics.

Bad parents or not, it is not a good experience having ones family exterminated, so it is pretty understandable why she wanted to kill her in the beginning.
But after destroying her (not too good) previous life, Sawa is actually taking good care of her, and I don't think she wants Sawa dead anymore, but her revenge on Sawa is the only thing connecting them. Her saying "to get my revenge eat the poisoned food" is just a way of trying to make her eat, cuz Sawa's clearly down in the dumps and doesn't see the point of living anymore.
May 2, 2021 3:18 AM
Apr 2017
God, this show is a ride.

Real talk: the scene where her brother gets crushed by falling debris had me busting a gut laughing so hard. Haven't seen a funnier death in a long time.

I really like the tension between Elena and Sawa, and I hope we get to see more of it, because there's no chance that body bag is her. Like, not even remotely.

This show's predictable, and likes throwing every twist it can think of at the wall, but the fact that it's still going is kind of impressive. I was hoping not to make a Joker Game comparison when this show started up, but now it has to be made, because this is basically Meiji Joker Game. I do love the themes and parallels being brought up through the main trio, and I hope those get fleshed out (Makoto definitely shot the driver first), but there's a whole lot of mystery to a show like this.

I dunno - maybe it's just me reveling in the experience of no one knowing what the hell is gonna happen next, but I'm enjoying this a lot. Definitely still top 5 of the season for me.
May 7, 2021 2:06 AM

Mar 2009
I felt nothing for that blonde woman. In fact, I don't even know her name. Terribly written character. Since when was she seeing that guy? And she suddenly became pregnant? Maybe if they introduced their relationship beforehand or something...
May 16, 2021 8:03 PM

Dec 2016
Elena played a really strong role in this episode. She helped Sawa regain her senses. But it's unexpected that someone as skillful and analytical as her met such an undeserving death. I really hope that Elena is alive because this kinda death doesn't suit her.

What is Tsukishiro up to? I feel like his purpose could be similar to that of Moriarty brothers. And when that driver shot him, it's obvious that Tsukishiro's still alive. As for Sawa, I doubt those pills were actually poisoned. I don't think Tsukishiro will let Sawa die so easily. And Asahi won't be able to kill Sawa. I'm sure Asahi is aware that by killing her parents Sawa actually saved her.
May 25, 2021 5:12 AM

Oct 2017
I get the feeling the blonde woman is not dead and her death was faked by Jin.
Jun 9, 2021 1:16 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
That's sad for Elena, especially that she was pregnant, but well it was to expect at some point.
And that end with Sawa taking the kind of pill, I laugh when Asahi became worried after she ate it even though she's the one who gave it to Sawa... WTF xD
Jun 16, 2021 12:26 PM

Jan 2019
(English) Sawa hesitated to fight, as expected. She experiences difficulties after her brother's death and feels an obligation to take care of Asahi. Even if she holds a sword again, it's still hard to deal with the grief and loss of a relative. It was an episode that didn't have many actions, but that meant more than the others. Nue has no pity for anyone who wants to leave the group, her fighting partner had a tragic end, even though she was pregnant. But this ending was quite troubled, did Asahi really kill Sawa? Would she really die in the middle of the show? I look forward to the following episodes.

(Portuguese/Português) Sawa hesitou em lutar, como era esperado. Ela passa por dificuldades após a morte de seu irmão e se sente na obrigação de cuidar de Asahi. Mesmo que ela segure uma espada novamente, ainda é difícil de lidar com o sofrimento e a perda de um parente. Foi um episódio que não teve muitas ações, mas que significou mais do que os outros. Nue não tem piedade por quem quer sair do grupo, a parceira de luta teve um fim trágico, mesmo estando grávida. Mas esse final foi bastante conturbado, Asahi realmente matou Sawa? Ela realmente morreria no meio do show? Aguardo pelos episódios seguintes.
Aug 5, 2021 5:13 AM

Jul 2015
Tsukihiro got quite the connections seeing how he has Colonel Sanders (KFC) as doctor.
I doubt the three died but still strange that it all happened in this episode (Tsukihiro in that car, Elena in the housefire and Sawa with the pill at the end), I wonder what direction the show is heading to now that revenge is done.

Nov 5, 2021 7:17 PM
Jun 2017
This is strange. What is this?
First, I refuse to believe Tsukishiro is dead. We never got to see her body.
I also don't think that Yukimura died as well. I suppose that was some sort of sleeping pill, and that both will return to fight against the governent.
Who knows? Maybe Asahi will be taken by the government and trained to fight against Sawa.
Dec 17, 2021 2:19 PM
Dec 2017
meh another decent episode

May 12, 2022 5:05 AM

Jul 2021
So we have a sleeping death situation here and good blondie is dead idc about her anyways
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Mar 13, 2023 5:54 PM
Feb 2022
This episode was definitely better than the last episode. I think it’s weirdly sweet that Asahi uses the whole “im going to kill you” method to get close to sawa lol. They clearly care for each other, they’ve both just been burned too badly in the past to act rationally about it.

This series is strange because I have NO IDEA where this story is going, I feel like the whole story changes by the end of each episode and I’m still deciding if that’s a good thing or not…

I’m surprised that people actually believe that Elena committed suicide. It may look like that from the outside but the whole episode Elena was talking about her chance of having a future where she’s in control and you can see her looking out to the distance, talking about the opportunity to actually get to enjoy life. When you saw her burned body at the end of the episode, there was a shot to Jin, looking at a picture of her. It’s clear you can’t peacefully retire from the world of assassins, so it’s unfortunate that she never had a chance to live a life of enjoyment.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jouran: The Princess of Snow and Blood Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KiriSlays - Jun 15, 2021

107 by Catalano »»
Dec 31, 2023 12:41 AM

Poll: » Jouran: The Princess of Snow and Blood Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - May 25, 2021

34 by nameofuser_ »»
Mar 13, 2023 8:57 PM

Poll: » Jouran: The Princess of Snow and Blood Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2021

38 by lallo89 »»
Jan 5, 2023 12:56 PM

» Why is the rating so low?

Spenter - Dec 7, 2022

3 by KayKimii »»
Dec 7, 2022 6:27 PM

Tomi3b - May 25, 2022

9 by Ardanaz »»
Jun 7, 2022 8:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.