Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fruits Basket Collector's Edition
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Apr 19, 2021 3:01 PM

Apr 2020
love Yuki and Machi development (ノv`*) individual backstory and their ship as well

I don't know if it's cuz OST impact, how well they take care of the animation and details, or cuz all the love they put into the script adpatation, but (don't dare to confirm it until it's finished) I think this version will surpass the manga
Apr 19, 2021 3:07 PM
Nov 2017
KANLen09 said:
Back to the Student Council, and as always, Yuki is the centre of attention. What a girl must find in a guy is his bank account...and that's true (and this is added as an anime-original dialogue, which is also true). Playing tease with Nao is just fun.

As if Machi's staining record isn't done, Kakeru is still in his playful mode around Yuki, even going to her house for a surprise visit. The amount of terror and pain in her life cannot be understated, of perfectionist expectations from toxic parents, not to mention the social withdrawal symptoms we've seen her from Season 2. Yuki being able to support and complement her from time to time again despite of her flaws, it only shows that he is the right person for Machi.

Preparing for the graduation ceremony, and with tears overflowing from the parting, especially with Kimi and the rest of the Student Council.

The last scene which looked like Akito's mother locking up Isuzu...better have every reason to be worried.

The bank account comment was in the manga as well. They merged two of the student council meetings into one
Apr 19, 2021 3:10 PM
Nov 2017
SoraSenpai said:
Damn man back to crying during a Fruits Basket episode. Graduation episodes always get me, but I felt it more in the first half then the second half.

Yuki...god damn man when he Promised to walk with Machi in the snow...I lost it. What a legend.

And then when they placed the new chalk in front of her and Yuki Casually broke a Piece...I was smiling from ear to ear. What a great fucking episode.

Akito is trash...that was clearly Rin in that room.
I recomend reading the manga chapter for the graduation part. There was more emphasis on both nao and Minagawa senpai that made it more moving. Well more moving to me anyway
Apr 19, 2021 3:11 PM

Sep 2008
Chapters 102 and 103 were adapted in this latest episode. It looked like the beginning scenes of Chapter 103 were cut from the anime, resulting in some changes and additions for how some scenes play out for this episode as a result. Otherwise, other changes made for this episode were mostly minor. Here were what I spotted for differences in this episode:

-The dialogue from the teacher during Machi’s opening narration was added for the anime.
-The dialogue with Yuki and the student council members while seeing it snow and preparing a heater actually comes from Chapter 103. In the manga, their conversation originally involved discussing what to do in the snow and Kakeru teasing about wanting to take a nap.
-The anime removed a line from Kakeru telling the two girls to leave the student council room because of interrupting him.
-The scene of Tohru and the other second-year students preparing for the graduation ceremony of the third-year students was added for the anime.
-The anime removed a decent part of Chapter 103’s content up to the scene where Yuki talks with Motoko. Scenes that were removed include:

• Motoko asking Yuki to meet with her later outside the school, and Yuki admitting to Kakeru he’s slow at picking up on such things.
  • A scene in the student council classroom where Yuki and the other members are discussing and teasing one another about who they love. A decent amount of the dialogue was used for the anime with the earlier council scene from Chapter 102.

-Some of Motoko’s inner thoughts on trying to confess to Yuki got removed from the anime. In addition, the anime added in additional flashbacks of Motoko observing Yuki while part of the Yuki Fan Club.
-The graduation ceremony was extended for the anime. The song sang for the ceremony accompanying school setting shots was added for the anime.
-A small scene was removed following Nao’s meeting with Motoko. Here, he meets up with Yuki and Kakeru, with the latter teasing him to see if his head’s cooled down.
-In the manga, Hatori had a cigarette on hand in his scene with Kagura and Shigure.
Apr 19, 2021 3:12 PM

Jun 2014
This episode adapts chapters 102-103. We get to know more about Machi (and about Motoko-senpai, but who cares about her :P). More Yuki-Machi moments. <3 (And some Nao-Motoko, but who cares about them. :P)

Episode was pretty truthful to the manga, with little bits changed (part with Tooru, Kyou, Uo-chan and Hana-chan was added for the anime). Little parts from manga were cut out, but nothing important.

After Kakeru gave Yuki Machi's bra, he got slapped by Machi and kicked on the head by Yuki. The arrows were showing in the wrong directions.

Did you guys notice the long black strands of hair falling from Akito's clothes at the end of the episode? It was way more noticable at the end of chapter 103.

Next episode "preview" has the words from chapter 106... OMG, I really hope they won't cram 3 chapters into 1 episode. Those 3 chapters are very important, I don't want them to leave out anything. T___T (If they wanted to leave out something, they should have left out bloody Motoko and graduation stuff.)
SailorVekiApr 20, 2021 10:54 AM
Waiting for Gundam SEED Movie..... (ಥ‿ಥ)

Waiting for Sailor Moon Cosmos..... o(≧▽≦)o
Apr 19, 2021 3:16 PM

Nov 2019
Easily one of my favorite Furuba episodes.
Did my boy Yuki evolve from searching for a mommy to become a daddy himself?
The way he developed as a character throughout Season 2 and is a chad now, he's my favorite Sohma. And Machi is a spectacularly written character. Moral of this franchise: Parents suck. Mostly.

The small moments like Yuki breaking that chalk were signs of great writing. From stepping on snow to stepping on Yuki, I think that should be the goal for Machi now. Not before the curse breaks of course, he might actually die being stomped at that Zodiac form
Yeah my humor is crass, but this ship is fire. I mean the author did great to find the perfect partner for Yuki. Too perfect. Nabe and his phone tho XD.

Rin cutting her hair, I am not ready for that.
"All truth is meaningless. In the end, 'meaning' comes from the mind of each individual human. Even when there is a single truth, it can mean different things to different individuals. The truth has no meaning in itself!" - Erika Furudo
Apr 19, 2021 3:23 PM
May 2019
Apant_124 said:
LilyGinnyBlack1 said:

While they have done this before, if we are getting more than 13 episodes there is kind of no need to do 3 chapters in 1 episode. The remaining material left doesn't need a full 24 or 25 episodes to be adapted so if we have a second cour there would be plenty of room and no need for this.

That's not necessarily true.. Maybe they felt that the next 3 chapters were not enough material for two whole episodes and that it would drag if that where the case
And if it's not gonna be a full season (depending on the remaining chapters) 22 EPs instead of 23 doesn't make much of a difference

If that was the case though, then they could have just done Chapters 104 + 105 and then Chapters 106 + 107. That being said, they could easily fit everything into 22 episodes if they stuck to the two chapters per episode rule. But even something like 20 or a little less would be doable with some minor cutting and three chapter combinations. This season is in an odd position because there isn't enough content for the full 25 episodes like Seasons 1 and 2, but more content than 13 episodes usually allows.

Anyway, I'm certain that this season is going to be 13 episodes at this point, I just don't see why the DVD listings, which have been 100% accurate in predicting the episode and cour count of Seasons 1 and 2, would suddenly be different this time around (add in the visuals and lyrics of the OP+ED, Eric Vale and Caitlin Glass' statements, and it just adds up).

I won't mind being proven wrong about all this though and will be happy to get more episodes, but I'm not going to put my hopes on that possibility. Though, I do sometimes wonder if they might go the movie route, like do a 13 cour final season and end the series with a movie or something. If I'm not mistaken, that has become a bit more common in recent years. So maybe we'll get something like that.
Apr 19, 2021 3:46 PM

Nov 2014
Yuki x Machi
Kyo x Tohru
Hatsuharu x Rin

There are so many ships going on, I can't keep a track on 'em xD But this episode was really sweet, got me to like Machi even more than ever and even felt bad for her. Those parents are horrible, it didn't even look like a murder attempt, even suffocating would sound far-fetched. Every horrible parent in the series have a special place in Hell.

The graduation scene really hit close to home, man, those days were great and emotional. Even Minagawa got a closure to her story and so did Nao, indirectly confessing which I found very sweet and adorable. This series really love to tug on my heartstrings, I almost cried. For each episode, I am not ready and I won't ever be ready 'cause I'll be hit by feelings all over again.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 19, 2021 4:12 PM

Oct 2019
LilyGinnyBlack1 said:

If that was the case though, then they could have just done Chapters 104 + 105 and then Chapters 106 + 107

Actually no cause 107 fits together with 108

LilyGinnyBlack1 said:

Anyway, I'm certain that this season is going to be 13 episodes at this point, I just don't see why the DVD listings, which have been 100% accurate in predicting the episode and cour count of Seasons 1 and 2, would suddenly be different this time around (add in the visuals and lyrics of the OP+ED, Eric Vale and Caitlin Glass' statements, and it just adds up).

Well I disagree with that.. I don't understand what exactly is their plan with the Dvds so I'm not gonna expand on it more and everything else you mentioned is just speculations

All I know is that the anime going at a normal pace as it has been so far (even with the next 3 chapt ep) falls 16 chapters out for 13 episodes
And even with all the suggested cut content I still can't make it fit into one cour not without cutting/skipping many things from the last 10 or so chapters which I'm sure no one will be happy with

But We'll probably find out whatever the case may be in the near future so no point in discussing it any further I guess
Apr 19, 2021 4:38 PM
Jul 2016
RenKaori said:
Im starting to think that since Kureno broke his bond, Hinata might become the new rooster zodiac and everyone will find out it can actually be broken! So much will happen next episode i can just feel it!

That's was what I was going to comment about! It would be really awesome if she came as the new rooster zodiac. I've got that feeling too
Apr 19, 2021 4:44 PM
Jul 2016
First I was kind of annoyed with the side stories, but in the end I was crying. I've got nothing to complain about Fruits Basket, because all the seasons are have been amazing so far.

I'm anxious to see Machi and Yuki relationship growing. They're so cute, so fragile... I't wonderful how they fit each other. <3 Machi's backstory is really sad, she does not deserve the treatment she receives...

10/10 episode
Apr 19, 2021 4:51 PM

Dec 2016
A moment of Yuki x Machi is always so precious >w< <3

Machi have such trashy parents :/ they never wanted to understand her true intentions. Heartbreaking :(

What an emotional episode and I loved every bit of it ^^ The last part was really something and I have a bad feeling the moment I saw someone holding that scissor. Hoping Akito didn't do it...

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Apr 19, 2021 4:53 PM
Jan 2010
Laplace_kun said:

Did my boy Yuki evolve from searching for a mommy to become a daddy himself?

Jesus, I didn't want to comment this episode, but you made me laugh so much with yours, so here we are XD
Laplace_kun said:

Rin cutting her hair, I am not ready for that.

I wasn't ready neither but imagine... what if Akito cut her hair instead? What if he hurt Rin? I like this motherfucker only when he is in the middle of fucking with Shigure. In other situations, he is just to dangerous to cope.
Apr 19, 2021 5:31 PM

Jul 2014
Machi is my best girl so as you can imagine, this episode was pure bliss for me haha. Seriously, she and Yuki are my favorite couple so I enjoy their scenes so much. The part at her apartment was great as well as the little moment with the chalks <3.

Then we move to graduation and damn, I wouldn't have imagined that Motoko would make me cry but her heartfelt goodbye and wishing for Yuki's happiness really got me. The graduation song was the final blow :_D

At that point you could make the connection with Nao so seeing him show up made me happy. It sucks that he didn't get to confess but at least he got to send her off warmly.

Hiro's mom is precious.

That last scene... don't tell me. Isuzu's wonderful hair... :'(
Apr 19, 2021 5:43 PM

Dec 2013
This episode made me like Machi a lot more as a character. I love how Yuki quitely broke a piece of chalk just to make her feel a little better.

I didn't expect a serious moment with that stupid fangirl. I still can't stand her tho.
Apr 19, 2021 5:45 PM

Mar 2019
Another amazing episode with a new story...

Honestly the ship Yuki x Machi is a MUST already. Annnd always put your phone into silence mode!!
Apr 19, 2021 5:55 PM

Sep 2011
Of all the things to get me pretty buttered up, I did not ever think t'd be one of the stalker comic relief girl's scenes. Yuki really ended up having one of the most compelling arcs in the series and that part was a wonderful extension of it. Machi's relationship with hiom this episode was also mighty heartwarming.

So far the final season has been the qualities of the series I like the most.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Apr 19, 2021 8:04 PM
Apr 2019
SakuraUchiha2313 said:
Anyone knows what chapters will be animated next week? I couldn't find the "Im..Im home" line in chapters 104-105

Apr 19, 2021 8:07 PM
Sep 2017
I’m so happy that Yuki and Machi are getting closer. While my favorite couple is still Kyo & Tohru, Yuki & Machi are a close second. The scenes in her apartment were back & forth from hilarious (with the bra) to soooo sweet (with Yuki comforting her and promising to walk in the snow) right back to hilarious with Kakeru’s phone ringing just as things were getting really interesting!
Then when Yuki oh-so-casually broke that chalk - *heart melt*.

It’s looking like Isuzu is not in any hospital, but being kept prisoner by that bitch Akito, and she cut her gorgeous hair?!? Seriously - I don’t understand how anyone can sympathize with this crazy POS. No mental trauma she may have gotten from her mother can excuse the literal torture she inflicts on people. And though I’ve still been on the fence about Shigure (because I really WANT to like him) if he knows about Akito torturing Isuzu and just ignores it, then I’m done with him. He’s just about as messed up in the head as Akito at that point and those two deserve each other.
Apr 19, 2021 8:07 PM

Apr 2015
I'm feeling uncharacteristically wordy tonight, so... TEAL DEER
Re: Motoko Minagawa's "non-confession" confession. 10/10. A Trope Killer

That was one of the best things I've seen in a high school anime. This trope of "Even if you know you'll be rejected, you have to confess or you'll regret it for the rest of your life" has always low-key annoyed me. True, it HAS given us some of the most powerful and emotionally cathartic scenes in anime, I'll never dispute that. But, even though it takes courage, it's kind of selfish. It puts the onus on the receiver to let them down gently, and know that they hurt someone through no fault of their own.

If you KNOW FOR A FACT that someone doesn't reciprocate your romantic feelings and you confess anyway, you're not only hurting yourself (although that pain may bring catharsis), you're hurting them (if they're a good person) by forcing them to give you pain. Like I said, it's always been low-key annoying to me, nothing super upsetting.

But Motoko's confession to me seems like a course on the topic I've been seeing in my news feeds for that last year and a half: Emotional Intelligence. She tells Yuki how he made her high school life great while also telling him that she "loved" him. And she immediately aborts his anime-standard "polite rejection". She just wanted to tell him that she enjoyed her time in high school, and a major reason for that was him. There is, of course, still pain there, but the positives are greatly increased for both parties.

And this lesson is from one of the "Mean Girls", who, as we've previously seen, isn't really all that mean. Not so shallow after all.
Apr 19, 2021 8:13 PM
Apr 2019
Fragilespin3 said:
RenKaori said:
Im starting to think that since Kureno broke his bond, Hinata might become the new rooster zodiac and everyone will find out it can actually be broken! So much will happen next episode i can just feel it!

That's was what I was going to comment about! It would be really awesome if she came as the new rooster zodiac. I've got that feeling too

I'm not sure being cursed is "awesome" lol
Apr 19, 2021 8:14 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
One of my favorite episode of the series, got a Machi focused episode and a Motoko focuses episode? A match made in Heaven for me, loved the moments between Machi and Yuki, and also loved his moment with Motoko as well. That final graduation scene was pretty emotional for me, I’ve been missing high school a bit lately, so seeing Motoko reflecting on her life there got me. Nice seeing Nao talk to her in the end too, didn’t expect it but it was also really wholesome. I hope we see Motoko again in the future!
Apr 19, 2021 8:17 PM
Jul 2016
MatchaGreen said:
Fragilespin3 said:

I'm not sure being cursed is "awesome" lol

I guess I've made a poor choice of words, haha. When I say "awesome", I say about the plot itself. Imagine if she came as the rooster zodiac? Everyone would be surprise and start to question about what happened to Kureno
Apr 19, 2021 8:19 PM
Apr 2019
BonkyTrollDoll said:
I'm feeling uncharacteristically wordy tonight, so... TEAL DEER
Re: Motoko Minagawa's "non-confession" confession. 10/10. A Trope Killer

That was one of the best things I've seen in a high school anime. This trope of "Even if you know you'll be rejected, you have to confess or you'll regret it for the rest of your life" has always low-key annoyed me. True, it HAS given us some of the most powerful and emotionally cathartic scenes in anime, I'll never dispute that. But, even though it takes courage, it's kind of selfish. It puts the onus on the receiver to let them down gently, and know that they hurt someone through no fault of their own.

If you KNOW FOR A FACT that someone doesn't reciprocate your romantic feelings and you confess anyway, you're not only hurting yourself (although that pain may bring catharsis), you're hurting them (if they're a good person) by forcing them to give you pain. Like I said, it's always been low-key annoying to me, nothing super upsetting.

But Motoko's confession to me seems like a course on the topic I've been seeing in my news feeds for that last year and a half: Emotional Intelligence. She tells Yuki how he made her high school life great while also telling him that she "loved" him. And she immediately aborts his anime-standard "polite rejection". She just wanted to tell him that she enjoyed her time in high school, and a major reason for that was him. There is, of course, still pain there, but the positives are greatly increased for both parties.

And this lesson is from one of the "Mean Girls", who, as we've previously seen, isn't really all that mean. Not so shallow after all.

Indeed, it was very mature of her and it was so sweet that she could experience this kind of "non confession" from Nao.

I wasn't found of this character, but after this chapter, she gained my respect.

Also, I liked the little ceremony scene in between (and the bonus scene with Tohru and Kyo eheh), it made Nao's confession less abrupt IMO.
Apr 19, 2021 8:35 PM

Apr 2015
MatchaGreen said:

Indeed, it was very mature of her and it was so sweet that she could experience this kind of "non confession" from Nao.

I wasn't found of this character, but after this chapter, she gained my respect.

LOL, yes! I posted right after watching the Motoko and Yuki scene. I've watched the whole ep now, and Nao (now/Nao, ha) kinda does the same thing. And she's just as magnanimous as Yuki was (even though she was, like, "Nao?!? Eeeeww!" to Yuki). I dig my emotionally dark stuff, but uplifting scenes like this, well...uplift me.
Apr 19, 2021 9:06 PM

Jul 2016
That ending scene tho. If Rin's gorgeous and lustrous black hair was cut off, I swear to god I...

Overall, quite eventful episode we got this week. Yuki put all the character development he got during season 2 to great use at comforting Machi while telling her he will be right there for her whenever she needs support. Immediate example with him breaking that chalk was just perfect.
But seriously, developing an extreme aversion towards order and perfection because of your parents' unhealthy expectations? That's so messed up. Wonder if there is a special place in hell for awful Furuba parents.

On the other hand, the third-year students had their graduation ceremony and to my surprise, both Minagawa and Nao's characters ended up receiving some quite interesting focus. Minagawa's way of confessing to Yuki by thanking him for all the happiness he has given to her was simply precious and the following scene with Nao wishing her to find even more happiness in his own flustered way was really heartwarming to see as well. Honestly, these must be of the sweetest one-sided confessions I have seen in anime media.

And on a final note, Hiro's little sister was finally born and she's a total cutie! Hiro not being able to hug her because of the curse hit me like a truck tho. Anyways, I now wonder if her birth will be relevant plot-wise later on. Considering Kureno is no longer part of the Zodiac members and stuff.
Apr 19, 2021 9:37 PM
May 2019
God damn, knew the episode was coming soon. But didn't know we'd be only 3 in for the feels trip. Sitting here the whole time like "yo what the fuck"
Apr 19, 2021 10:07 PM
Jun 2013
Great episode but the "almost tried to kill her brother" thing was a bit too much, specially when she's not a Souma, so there's no tragic supernatural stuff going on behind the scenes where it makes a lot more natural to accept such tragic things and attitudes, there was really not much of a reason why her parents would think the girl was trying to kill a baby while putting a blanket, and the scene showing was also like "okay, are these parents retarded or something?", also Machi, hating perfect things don't excuse you for having such a dirty room lol

Motoko was surprisingly a lot more emotional because it was just much more realistic and simple, felt bad for her, she trully liked Yuuki for 2/3 years but never had any chance at all but you could just feel that was genuine, her send off was really great, too bad the author didn't tried to actually develop her more.
Shinuki_n_RebornApr 19, 2021 10:14 PM
Apr 19, 2021 10:09 PM

Nov 2019
Kamyczek12 said:

I wasn't ready neither but imagine... what if Akito cut her hair instead? What if he hurt Rin? I like this motherfucker only when he is in the middle of fucking with Shigure. In other situations, he is just to dangerous to cope.

That was the case probably. She is following Ren's orders, so I can only imagine what could happen if she was caught in some action by Akito. More reason to hate that bitch! Which I am trying to avoid this season XD.
"All truth is meaningless. In the end, 'meaning' comes from the mind of each individual human. Even when there is a single truth, it can mean different things to different individuals. The truth has no meaning in itself!" - Erika Furudo
Apr 19, 2021 10:45 PM
Feb 2021
That part where Yuki broke the chalk in half when Machi was starting to feel anxious was so cute. I'm glad we got to see more of Machi's story.
Apr 19, 2021 11:19 PM
Jul 2018
Such a beautiful episode, as always... I'm so happy, for the first time Machi is waiting for the snow... Then, Yuki breaks the chalk to escape perfection, it's just amazingly sweet... Motoko, needs a season before I find her presence again, and it is a wonderful expression of love before graduation, huhuhu, I even cried while watching it. Finally, we know that Nao likes Motoko and congrats on Hinata's birth. As always, Arisa & Hanajima are very protective of Tooru and we are presented with a brief scene of Kyoru. Then, in closing, it is Kagura who gets Isuzu's diploma, let's wait for the continuation of the episode.
Apr 19, 2021 11:54 PM
Aug 2020
MegamiRem said:
Yuki x Machi's so sweet, their moment was really precious. Thou damn Kakeru ruined it with his ringtone lol. Also it was nice of Yuki to break the chalk for machi.

Motoko and Yuki moment was quite touching, she was a fun girl and I hope even after graduation we'll see her in future. Also I wonder if Nao x Motoko ship will ever sail.

That last scene was concerning, did that Akito bitch cut Rin's hair ffs?

Only for the second part;
Apr 20, 2021 1:15 AM

Oct 2008
wow that was some good lovey dovey moments between Yuki x Machi!
5/5.

Apr 20, 2021 1:25 AM

Apr 2016
Kamyczek12 said:

Akito is a chick tho.

But still a cunt.
Apr 20, 2021 1:36 AM
Apr 2019
The Summary of this episode is machi's parents are sick and absolutely disgusting.

Sigh, I was hoping we could see more tooru and kyou scenes
Sakata_geenApr 20, 2021 1:40 AM
Apr 20, 2021 4:38 AM
Apr 2019
Shinuki_n_Reborn said:
Great episode but the "almost tried to kill her brother" thing was a bit too much, specially when she's not a Souma, so there's no tragic supernatural stuff going on behind the scenes where it makes a lot more natural to accept such tragic things and attitudes, there was really not much of a reason why her parents would think the girl was trying to kill a baby while putting a blanket, and the scene showing was also like "okay, are these parents retarded or something?", also Machi, hating perfect things don't excuse you for having such a dirty room lol

[...]

Well, the parents of Matchi were just searching for an excuse to get rid of her. Like Matchi said, they never tried to understand nor listen to her. They already had a false image of her, so of course they were totally sure she was jealous of her brother. Or maybe not sure, but they convinced themselves since the boy'd gonna make them rich. They need him to get the money and Matchi is no more use for them. Yep, disgusting parents.

For the room, it may also be due to depression/feeling unwell.

Apr 20, 2021 6:14 AM

Feb 2014
I feel bad for Isuzu, idk what happened to her but I hope she's alright
Apr 20, 2021 6:32 AM
Elder Emo

Jan 2013
The Yuki & Machi scene gave me goosebumps, loved it! & when he broke the chalk 🥺🥺

Every episode that comes out makes me so grateful that they’re making this. Fruits Basket was one of the original anime/manga that really got me invested in this hobby back in the day, so I can’t wait to see the actual ending in anime form (although it’ll definitely be bittersweet when it ends).
Apr 20, 2021 6:55 AM

Nov 2017
Excellent episode! Yuki who makes the girls of his high school crack! Too KAWAII!! <3
ElyshionApr 20, 2021 7:06 AM
Apr 20, 2021 7:04 AM

Nov 2020
Yuki is the best! I wan't to see next episode now!
Apr 20, 2021 8:18 AM

Jan 2021
never thought that I cried for Minagawa lol
Apr 20, 2021 8:21 AM

Oct 2019
MatchaGreen said:
Shinuki_n_Reborn said:

[...]

Well, the parents of Matchi were just searching for an excuse to get rid of her. Like Matchi said, they never tried to understand nor listen to her. They already had a false image of her, so of course they were totally sure she was jealous of her brother. Or maybe not sure, but they convinced themselves since the boy'd gonna make them rich. They need him to get the money and Matchi is no more use for them. Yep, disgusting parents.

For the room, it may also be due to depression/feeling unwell.

Yes to all of that they probably just wanted a reason to "get her out of the picture" since they no longer needed her which is why they refused to even listen to her side

And lets not forget that she also started having those episodes where she would break stuff... They could have started to think of her as a problem child or smth because of that
Apr 20, 2021 8:29 AM

Nov 2016
When you even feel for the minor characters in a series with such a stacked cast, then that's quite an achievement.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 20, 2021 9:39 AM

Feb 2014
Damn Yuki breaking and mending hearts this episode. Machi found herself the perfect imperfect one.
Also Minagawa-senpai's confession and her role in appraising Yuki was commendable. Made me realize that being someone's object of adoration isn't that bad.(Something now I came to realize after so many years.)

Dukino said:
Your Honor they're in love

Imperfect pieces put together.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Apr 20, 2021 11:44 AM
Jul 2018
I love how far Yuki has come. It's heartwarming to see him interact so openly with others and be able to give them comfort.
Apr 20, 2021 11:54 AM

Dec 2012
I'm not a shipper, but I ship it. That's all I'm gonna say.
Apr 20, 2021 12:27 PM

Jul 2014
Are there any still-living parents in this show who aren't complete and utter trash? Seriously, I swear basically all of our main characters have abusive parents, and while it's certainly impactful every time I'm absolutely sick and tired of it at this point. It's just the same emotional well over and over again, for the same reasons over and over again. In this instance, some of the dialogue aimed at Machi by her mother was so overblown that I couldn't take it seriously at all: "have a perfect personality and perfect grades" is so comically over the top that it lost any emotional impact it could have had for me.

This obsession with abusive parents is like Stephen King's obsession with bully characters: doesn't the author have any other ideas for giving characters tragic backstories than giving them crappy parents?

That being said, this is some much-needed development for Machi and really makes it obvious what the two main ships are going to end up being; I'm very happy with both of them, as well.
Apr 20, 2021 1:51 PM

May 2020
jesus for a second there I thought Akito had killed Rin with the scissors, but she (probably) just cut her own hair

Skibbidy skib skib skaa
say "NO" to fanservice
Apr 20, 2021 2:25 PM
Apr 2019
Atavistic said:
Are there any still-living parents in this show who aren't complete and utter trash? Seriously, I swear basically all of our main characters have abusive parents, and while it's certainly impactful every time I'm absolutely sick and tired of it at this point. It's just the same emotional well over and over again, for the same reasons over and over again. In this instance, some of the dialogue aimed at Machi by her mother was so overblown that I couldn't take it seriously at all: "have a perfect personality and perfect grades" is so comically over the top that it lost any emotional impact it could have had for me.

This obsession with abusive parents is like Stephen King's obsession with bully characters: doesn't the author have any other ideas for giving characters tragic backstories than giving them crappy parents?

That being said, this is some much-needed development for Machi and really makes it obvious what the two main ships are going to end up being; I'm very happy with both of them, as well.

Well, Hiro's mother in this episode was just plain adorable, wasn't she ? ^^

I think Fruits Basket was one of the major manga in the 2000's because it shows parental abuses and traumas. A lot of manga did this, but packed with actions or romance. Fruba is still a shôjo, but the traumas aren't solely resolved thanks to a romantic partner (let's say not all) contrary of the classical pattern where the dude gives all the love to the heroin and BAM she feels better.
And that's why a lot of girls, but also boys love this manga. A lot of people can relate. Dysfunctionnal families are very common sadly IRL too.

Final note, I'm not an expert of Japan's mentality, but I do know that the pressure to be perfect, with the highest scores etc. is still a thing for a lot of Asian parents (hi mom.and dad lol). Hopefully, things are slowly changing.
Apr 20, 2021 2:27 PM

Apr 2018
Damn hearing about Matchi's past really made me feel so sad for her, like she didnt deserve the hate she gets. ;-;

That ending song tho made it feel like its been a journey seeing Tohru and them going through Highschool it was great.

I wonder what's up with Akito and the Scissor she was holding on at the very end.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fruits Basket: The Final Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 28, 2021

317 by ducvub10 »»
Apr 22, 10:50 PM

Poll: » Fruits Basket: The Final Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 21, 2021

163 by FardinRimon »»
Apr 17, 8:21 AM

Poll: » Fruits Basket: The Final Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 3, 2021

169 by Ant161718 »»
Mar 25, 9:06 PM

Poll: » Fruits Basket: The Final Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 12, 2021

165 by Ant161718 »»
Mar 25, 1:39 AM

Poll: » Fruits Basket: The Final Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 14, 2021

209 by PokefanPT »»
Dec 30, 2023 5:36 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.