Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 19, 2021 7:07 PM

Jan 2020
Interesting episode. It didn't really stand out a whole lot since it didn't have those "grand" and memorable scenes that the other episodes had imo. I think it's just me so opinions aside, it was pretty decent

Apr 19, 2021 7:45 PM
Mar 2021
Because they are the mains, it's pretty obvious that Ickika and Ryou will end up together, but MAN do i wish it was Tamaru instead
Apr 19, 2021 7:47 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
There’s something about Christmas gift exchanges that warm my heart, that moment between Ryo and Ichika was just so wholesome and cute. I really appreciate Rio for what she did, glad they did something for her in the end. Also laughed at Ichika’s friends’ tastes in men early on, as well as Ryo’s coworkers’ misunderstanding about his “teacher girlfriend” lol.
Apr 19, 2021 8:35 PM
Mar 2021
I mostly appreciated that Ryo seems to be moving on from the ‘pissing her off because it’s cute’ phase to the ‘I actually want to make this girl happy’ phase. Now he’s starting to act like he actually does care for her, and not in his special ‘creepy but wholesome’ vibe he tries to create. Even more so, I appreciated that Rio is wanting to help him and Ichika, because if Ichika begins to warm up to him, then Rio setting them up will be a way for her to ease in more comfortably since it would be someone she trusts setting them up. Sure, it seems sometimes like Rio is doing it only for a better relationship with her brother at home, but she specifically stated that if he hurts Ichika in any way, then she’ll refuse to help him any further. I liked this aspect of her since while she wants her brother to be happy, she won’t do so at Ichika’s expense, but only her benefit. She wants them both to just live happy lives, and is trying to find a place where they can intersect and still be happy
Apr 19, 2021 8:57 PM

Mar 2016
I'm seriously thinking on getting aboard the Tamaru X Ichika ship, I don't even care it it sinks right after the departure, they look like a good couple.
Also yeah, Rio is best girl, she liking sumo wrestlers is a plus.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Apr 19, 2021 11:31 PM

Oct 2016
Pretty good episode! Tamaru is a really good dude, but I really enjoy seeing Ichika and Ryo together much more. Rio is definitely best wingwoman, she deserves those gifts at the end. I'd pay to see Ryo simping for a teacher lmao. The gift exchange was pretty sweet, Ryo fucking removing his coat like an exhibitionist to put the tie clip was hilarious. And of course our weeb Ichika's reaction to getting a limited edition blu ray was really cute.
Apr 20, 2021 1:34 AM

Apr 2018
Ryou is annoying. Tamaru is better in every way.
Apr 20, 2021 4:13 AM

Jan 2021
I love the moment when Ichika gave Ryo a necktie pin and Ryo gave Ichika her favorite anime stuff.. and they both liked it, thanks to Rio! So far Rio is my favorite character and she's a good friend in my opinion.

Apr 20, 2021 5:34 AM
Feb 2017
Woah this was a pretty bearable episode. The coworkers mistaking Ichika for a highschool teacher was funny.
Apr 20, 2021 5:58 AM
Nov 2020
The scene around 16:05 confuses me. Ryo's coworker clearly calls him out by last name (Amakusa), but then the other coworker asks why the first coworker why she called him by first name.

Also, I wonder if Rio realized that Tamaru wasn't really sleeping and was actually eavesdropping on their conversation during the beginning of the episode.
Apr 20, 2021 7:35 AM
No.1 Nahida Simp

Jan 2017
Probably the most wholesome episode so far. Ichika being cure as usual, and Rio being the best wingman and best imouto. Rio deserved some love.

Hell, I don't care about those fucking negative reviews and opinions on this show. I enjoy what I fucking enjoy.
Apr 20, 2021 1:22 PM

Apr 2018
What a cute episode, especially towards the end when they were exchanging gifts. It was cute when they were having a Christmas party with Rio as well.
Apr 20, 2021 3:58 PM

Nov 2017
I ship Tamaru and Arima but I'm sure they are not going to end up together sadly </3
"he has it big as a cactus
but he won't let go of my head
and I puke on his cock bitch" - Boy by Fishball 
Apr 20, 2021 7:05 PM

Jul 2014
Marinate1016 said:
I Lowkey might like this more than Higehiro. It’s been getting better and better with each episode and I’m always shojo biased.

I mean for me it's a letdown from Higehiro how it starts with a very interesting premise, but then it doesn't live up to that amazing start. It's still good but...
Apr 20, 2021 10:33 PM
Nov 2012
kyou_on said:
The audio department is going down deeper into the drain every episode.

It looks like they are recording the voices individually because you can hear the disconnect between characters, especially Rio’s interactions. Her voice lacks reaction like she’s reading the script. Wasn’t this bad in the previous episodes.

It is abundantly clear to me in this episode that these VAs are recording their lines in their bedrooms. Every single actor's voice had that "Zoom Call" sound to it. OK, I get it, they need to be remote. And anime is a low-margin business. But I still think I'd scrape together the cash to ship out decent audio set-ups for them.
Apr 20, 2021 11:58 PM

Nov 2017
This show is pretty okay, but the fact the voice audio sounds off, as well as the relationship between front and background audio being of really poor quality, I'm not sure if I'm going to continue the show. I get it might be because of COVID for the character recordings, but the background music drowning out the voices for a scene has happened I think twice by now.
Apr 21, 2021 12:00 AM

Nov 2017
tcfenstermaker said:
kyou_on said:
The audio department is going down deeper into the drain every episode.

It looks like they are recording the voices individually because you can hear the disconnect between characters, especially Rio’s interactions. Her voice lacks reaction like she’s reading the script. Wasn’t this bad in the previous episodes.

It is abundantly clear to me in this episode that these VAs are recording their lines in their bedrooms. Every single actor's voice had that "Zoom Call" sound to it. OK, I get it, they need to be remote. And anime is a low-margin business. But I still think I'd scrape together the cash to ship out decent audio set-ups for them.

Honestly, the VA stuff is excusable, but who the fuck made the background music super loud during the shopping scene? And it's happened I think at least one other time in this show. That is just poor sound management that has nothing to do with social distancing/stay-at-home.
Apr 21, 2021 5:34 AM

Feb 2020
The colleague listening to the phone conversation was pretty funny. And the gift exchange was cute. I'm starting to like this.
Apr 21, 2021 5:46 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
The type boy of the girls talk surely just a tease, or even to make it clear, both had the fair amount of share because either way its right. Lol. Poor Tamaru-kun, she gave the boy a false hope. Once again his role kinda useless with no big impact. Because most of the progression lifted by Rio as a wing woman, seriously. Rivality? Against that creepy madlad? Hell, ofc he can't win. However i see some good match up for him, and it will be a fuckin hilarious if its really happening. I mean, HanaKana character already introduced! Lets see her contribution to that obvious relationship, or no and give a useless feel again? The classic misunderstanding within the coworkers were okay enough though, to close the romance awkwardness in the end. Well, lets see next!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Apr 21, 2021 12:15 PM

Apr 2016
I initially thought she gifted him a nail cutter. XD
I was like "Damn! That's a nice-looking nail cutter."
Apr 21, 2021 10:23 PM
Dec 2018
Creepy sister trying to scare off the competition for his brother by warning the rival boy that MC is dangerous/insane, which if she really thinks so, the fact that she's still trying hard to push ichika towards a known dangerous person is disturbing, and if she doesn't really think so, she's still stepping over her friend's personal life by interfering with her potential love interests, nevermind the fact that ichika "ideal person" basically described that boy.

Also, creep male MC buying love with expensive gifts that the girl said she couldn't have afforded otherwise.

Very fucked up stuff.
skysurfApr 22, 2021 8:31 AM
Latest reviews: Mushoku Tensei P2 🤮 • Meikyuu Black Company 💰 • Tsukimichi 🌙
Apr 23, 2021 2:45 PM
Feb 2021
If Ryo had kept up the stalking any longer I'd literally throw my laptop into fire.

The gifts they get for Rio are really sweet I was glad they remembered her.

Poor Tamaru dude's sweet and nice and a perfectly good match for Ichika but doesn't seem like he'll be with her :(
Apr 23, 2021 3:56 PM

Mar 2015
You can keep both MCs, I'll run off with Rio!

She is level headed, smart, pretty, nice voice and carries herself with a lot of poise.
The sword that takes life gives life
Apr 25, 2021 10:48 AM

Nov 2008
Tamaru is the best
Tamaru is the man
Tamaru deserves only good things.

Screw Ryo; I am now watching this for Tamaru Kai. xD

although Ichika's reaction to her present was very relatable lmao yay otakus

Apr 25, 2021 7:00 PM
Apr 2021
I've been trying to enjoy this show but... I'm out. I thought I could get used to the quality of the voices over time but even four episodes in it's just too much when everyone sounds like they're delivering their lines through a cardboard tube. Maybe if they go to an extreme and rerecord the entire series for the BD release it could be worth it but I can't see that happening.
Apr 25, 2021 8:18 PM

Dec 2020
Ryo's sister gives me the vibe that she is in love with tamaru-kun, anyone else?
Jun 3, 2021 7:31 AM

Aug 2013
I loved the part where Ichika and Ryo were exchanging gifts and both of them going to Rio at the end.

Feel bad for Tamaru.

Jun 8, 2021 10:24 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
That's a cute christmas present I would say, and that's some interesting development for both "pretendants"
Jun 30, 2021 2:10 PM
Dec 2020
This episode was beautiful Rio is MVP. Ichika and Ryo are so beautiful together their reactions are so cute. This anime is beautiful.😂🔥❤️👍🏻
Aug 14, 2021 10:43 AM

Jul 2015
Suprising to learn Rio is into sumo guys. Tamaru seems like a nice guy so far but I don't see a potential ship with Ichika as all his interactions with her were kinda platonic from my view.

Mar 13, 2022 4:48 AM

Jul 2021
The night hour scene was beautiful ;)
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Apr 29, 2023 7:19 AM

Oct 2022
Rio is literally the best friend and sister ever!!! She literally does all the behind-the-scenes work. She MUST get a happy ending in this too.

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Koi to Yobu ni wa Kimochi Warui Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 14, 2021

146 by arceprog »»
Feb 23, 11:02 AM

» I love Rio! Who's with me?

mufarari - Feb 15

4 by TrayC-3PO »»
Feb 16, 6:56 PM

Poll: » Koi to Yobu ni wa Kimochi Warui Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 5, 2021

116 by Alfredo-Sauce »»
Nov 15, 2023 10:28 PM

Poll: » Koi to Yobu ni wa Kimochi Warui Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Clas1ck - Mar 29, 2021

274 by suyumanda »»
Oct 21, 2023 7:39 AM

Poll: » Koi to Yobu ni wa Kimochi Warui Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 26, 2021

98 by b_a_d »»
Sep 4, 2023 12:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.