Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 17, 2021 7:59 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn, that got tense with the mission. Vivy and the others had to save innocent lives in all this mess.

In terms of combat abilities, it seems Vivy can hold her own. Vivy and her relationship with Estella seems to also be more complex than I had originally thought.
Stark700Apr 17, 2021 9:06 AM
Apr 17, 2021 9:05 AM

Mar 2015
RIP Estella, she was so nice. The twins relationship was interesting as no one would have guessed that. The guy that Vivy saved is such a jerk even after 15 years, trying to kill Vivy while using and getting saved by AI's multiple times.

The decision to not to kill Estella immediately saved the day as if we had left all things to Matsumotos hands it would had been a disaster.
Apr 17, 2021 9:34 AM

Jun 2016
I just can't get over how beautiful this episode is. From the twins story, to how amazing they make space look. I was so happy that Vivy was able to get some closure by giving Matsumoto to her best friends sister.
Apr 17, 2021 9:39 AM

Feb 2019
Nah bro the way people been sleeping on Vivy is legitimately criminal. Idk if it’s because people didn’t like Sigururi so they just don’t care about Tappei originals or what.

That Vivy v twin fight was one of the best I’ve ever seen and the OST to go along with it was phenomenal. Tappei and co brought their A game on this. The OP and ED are amazing too. This really could be a masterpiece.
Apr 17, 2021 9:44 AM

Jan 2014
What an episode from start to finish, I really dig the twists and turns that this show produces honestly. Those two twins, right in the feels.
Apr 17, 2021 9:45 AM
Oct 2020
That was truly beautiful. And how is that Sunrise dude that Vivy saved 15 years ago still such a douche. Also, we finally got the OP boys! Sing My Pleasure indeed!
Apr 17, 2021 9:46 AM

Jan 2017
Goddamn the OST for this episode is truly S tier, the fight BGM and Elizabeth singing at the end of the twins mission :(

Haha Vivy just gave away Matsumoto to Yuzuka, hilarious but sweet at the same time.

On to the next time skip!
Apr 17, 2021 9:46 AM
Aug 2018
Marinate1016 said:
Nah bro the way people been sleeping on Vivy is legitimately criminal. Idk if it’s because people didn’t like Sigururi so they just don’t care about Tappei originals or what.

That Vivy v twin fight was one of the best I’ve ever seen and the OST to go along with it was phenomenal. Tappei and co brought their A game on this. The OP and ED are amazing too. This really could be a masterpiece.

I legit saw your same comment onr reddit then came to MAL and refreshed the episode discussion page and your comment is the first one i see xD
Apr 17, 2021 9:47 AM

Feb 2019
Pulkit200 said:
Marinate1016 said:

I legit saw your same comment onr reddit then came to MAL and refreshed the episode discussion page and your comment is the first one i see xD
Pulkit200 said:
Marinate1016 said:

Lmaoo, it do be that way sometimes
Apr 17, 2021 9:48 AM
Jun 2020
Matsumoto "woaw" really hit me
Apr 17, 2021 9:51 AM

Oct 2017
Another magnificent episode, the OP is finally out and it's great.

So it really wasn't Estella who blew up the ship. The terrorists were behind it and the man in charge was none other than the piece of trash Vivy saved 15 years ago. He even used Estella's little sister to do it. Imagine using an AI to do that when they are anti AI terrorists. These guys are hypocrites through and through.

Vivy vs Elizabeth fight was short but really well animated. Beth's memory got reset after that and she thought this was her first time meeting Estella and her first and last task with her too. She even sung Estella's song, that scene was really emotional.

Finally Vivy told Momoka's sister the truth and even gave her the doll, man that was really touching. Also some Vivy scenes in this episode were really beautiful.

This episode made me tear up a bit, it was full of emotions and absolutely amazing. I'm in love with this anime.
Apr 17, 2021 9:52 AM

Jun 2019
Once again, the visuals and the animation are amazing. Things got really interesting this episode with all the terrorists hijacking the hotel and using Estella's sister to handle the situation there. Quite an emotional episode. Loved it.
So, that was the same guy who Vivy saved back in the day. Still a jerk, I see. OP and ED are so good. I'm loving this show. Can't wait for more.
Apr 17, 2021 9:54 AM

Apr 2014
What a beautiful and very sad episode. The ending was very sad but also very impressive.
Vivy's close combat abilities are totally awesome, she can handle the fight on her own. Vivy gave away the teddybear to Yuzuka, I've wondered which thing Matsumoto will possess next.
何それ?意味分かんない
Apr 17, 2021 9:55 AM

May 2019
This was clearly best episode for me in the series... It's always so fascinating to see how WIT merges still illustration with animation. Direction wise too is very good. But sometimes i get irritated by some characters.
Apr 17, 2021 9:55 AM

Oct 2018
This series feels so oddly paced but it also makes it feel more like it’s being told through the A.I rather than humans, which quick dialogue and fast action sequences.
The twins story and the whole arc was nothing but beautiful. Wit aren’t holding back any punches with this series

Apr 17, 2021 10:06 AM

Oct 2013
That song at the end was so fucking beautiful
Apr 17, 2021 10:18 AM

Apr 2021

Really good stuff. Looking forward to where this goes still. Still interested to see if Matsumoto is legit or the real antagonist. Some of the stuff he says just sounds so double sided lol.
Apr 17, 2021 10:19 AM

Nov 2020
that was beautiful, the fight scene looks great and nice ost

Apr 17, 2021 10:29 AM

Jul 2020
Wow. Damn, Vivy is a badass

This was quite the suspenseful episode, and I enjoyed every part of it.
Apr 17, 2021 10:30 AM
Oct 2020
Ost continues to blow me away. AND THE PART WHERE ESTELLA GETS HER SISTER BACK AND SHES ABOUT TO CRY BUT THEN YOU REMEMBER THEY CANT CRY OH MY GOD THAT HURT
Apr 17, 2021 10:32 AM
Oct 2020
NGL, loved it. It was the right amount of action and intensity that leaves you wanting to see how the fight scenes will evolve with Vivy’s experience. It has the right emotional impact with Estella and Elizabeth’s fate. Leaves me excited for the next set of episodes.

Don’t sleep on this show, it’s not perfect, but the ceiling is high
Apr 17, 2021 10:37 AM
Apr 2016
This anime can’t get any better. It’s Anime of the Season and I can’t wait every week!
Apr 17, 2021 10:39 AM
Jan 2021
this show is so slept on its soo beautiful and rip Estella. the twins dying scene was so good. THIS SHOW IS AMAZIN
Apr 17, 2021 10:41 AM
Jan 2021
that fight scenes was amazing and the voice acting was spectacularre
Apr 17, 2021 10:48 AM
Wings

Apr 2017
The fight scenes were lit af this episode (especially).

It seems Vivy was correct in her assumption that Estella is innocent, and it was nice that she did express that instead of mindlessly relying on Matsumoto, or else the mission would have failed.

We also got to see a lot from episode 1 be brought back such as the man Vivy saved and the sister of the girl who named Vivy (other than Diva).

Apr 17, 2021 10:50 AM
Mar 2020
The question that plopped into my mind is...isnt history now permanentely altered?
Matsumoto claimed the only casulty was Estella, while clearly someone died alongside her with quite the impact regarding the Anti-AI guys, thus everything going forward from now...on top of that the AI guy saw Vivy only in this timeline leading to all of the stuff named above. Curious in when that shit will go way downhill for Masumotos plan (at least if he speaks the truth and does not pull a "im the secret-villain" move as many other first cute looking secondly evil Mascots known from other series.

Plus the whole question of why they decided against saving Elizabeth, its not like shes totally useless to the plan in her resetted state. Things really do start to smell fishy for me regarding the grand scheme of things. I also do fear for the little girls life, as we all know she either lives to see Vivys grand performance on Main-Stage or dies shortly before that...
Silva_Apr 17, 2021 10:55 AM
Apr 17, 2021 10:54 AM

Jul 2017
DAYUM the OP is finally out, and what a strong showing.

If anything, the fake Estella's (Elizabeth) A.I. rampage means that Matsumoto's time history planning is no longer the case, and the group responsible for the A.I. war Toak has started their mission here. The time altering mission starts now.

To care for Yuzuha like how Vivy did for the future younger sister Momoka in the 100 years leading to the war between A.I. and humans, that's evident enough even with the timeskip back to the past. Same with Estella and Elizabeth, the reunion of the sister A.I., but since she is unwilling to listen, Vivy taking action and being a badass is just satisfying, on top with the OST backing.

The 2nd mission of the 100-year journey to save Hotel Sunrise and Vivy's predecessor...ends in tragedy amidst the beautiful-cum-dreadful-feeling visuals and OST.

Clearly the best non-sequel of the season, at least for the amount of passion from Wit Studio and the tag-team of creators.
Apr 17, 2021 10:57 AM
Jul 2018
OP is perfect. My emotion was fulfilled. I love every songs and scenes in this episode so much.
Estella's fate never surrender until end. It can also be said Vivy. AI's willpower is infinite.
Apr 17, 2021 10:58 AM

Feb 2017
Damn good episode. Some cool fighting seqences with great music to complement it. Managed to make me invested into those robo sisters in a short time which made the ending impactful and beautiful.

Matsumoto was given to Momoka's sister. I assume by the time he wakes up again she will be an adult that long forgotten about the teddy bear lol.
Apr 17, 2021 11:08 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm thats a damm good opening theme. Toak strikes again huh. Combat Vivy though looked pretty badass. The idea of cloning AI's though sure was an interesting idea. The true identity of the one that was responsible for hijacking the hotel was quite the surprise. Especially her attitude that was the opposite of how Estella remembered her. Resentment though can be a pretty powerful source of motivation huh. In a way misguided as she was Beth's mission was still her life. The reunion of Estella and Beth and their attempt to correct the fall of the hotel by separating it was pretty sad. Overall an excellent ep that combined excellent tension with emotion and action. Though the mission was a success the sacrifice of Estella and Beth really was sad.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 17, 2021 11:10 AM

Dec 2015
Great episode. So that was the young guy from episode 2 - now leading Toak. And ironically the AI he savd (Beth) seemed to like him. Seems in the original plan they decided to evacuate all the normal citizens and only stay by themselves. (Not too extrem - as terrorists.) With this history he actually got saved.

But I guess the Sunrise actually dropping on a major city (if it had not be stopped/dismantled) ... will still spark the hate against the AI.

I swear ... this other guy will be a major interesting side char - as long as hi is still alive. And maybe having kids or a successor later in the last episodes.I think they will actually start to like the AIs.
Apr 17, 2021 11:13 AM
Aug 2016
Bruh that shit was insane. Looks like Wit studio's planning since 2015 has finally started to pay off. We finally get the lovely opening, we get lot of action scenes, and we get that majestic ending song, not to mention the stellar animation. Also, I saw a lot of Indian names as well in the ending credits. That feels great as an Indian to be honest :D

Easy 5/5

Apr 17, 2021 11:15 AM
Feb 2018
I'd be preaching to the choir by saying that this episode is truly gorgeous, so, instead of that, I want to name the most notable (for me) moment, which hasn't been pointed out yet - the way Beth's voice malfunctions after Matsumoto has tinkered with her program gives me the shivers, the sound designers really nailed it
Apr 17, 2021 11:25 AM

Jul 2011
If that piece of crap of terrorist continue to appear on the next Singularities, I will lose my will to continue to watch. Because will the the basic "you could had killed but, you are dumb, now will haunt you" dynamic. And worse, a terrorist redemption arc, could happen in the future.

Apr 17, 2021 11:28 AM

Jun 2019
This episode was increadible, nice twists and turns, amazing action espacially the fight between beth and vivy was just amazing. (particualy the ost and voice acting was outstanding in this fight)
And the emotional part with the twins was touching

overall just a great episode
Apr 17, 2021 11:33 AM

Sep 2018
Goosebumps at the end, same with the last episode, a few anime can make me feel like that 5/5
I keep moving forward
Apr 17, 2021 11:43 AM

Mar 2020
What a great episode. We're in for an amazing ride for sure.
check out odd taxi
Apr 17, 2021 11:48 AM

Jun 2014
What a beautiful yet tragic tale for the twins. At least they were finally able to reunite right at the end. The song that played at the end while they were meeting their death elevated the feelings of the scene so much. *chefs kiss* Oh and the action we got was great too. I'm a fucking sucker for well-animated, fast-paced, hand-to-hand combat type fights, and this episode definitely delivered on that front.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Apr 17, 2021 11:53 AM

Oct 2018
Holy cow, this episode made me cry.
If you're a fanboy, please don't waste my time.

Watch more movies, please.

Kafka, Fu Xuan, Jingliu, Topaz and Huohuo.
Apr 17, 2021 11:55 AM
Nov 2010
Every episode gets better and better. Hope WIT can keep the quality up for the remaining episodes. I expect a high score for this anime when it ends.
Apr 17, 2021 12:00 PM

Aug 2020
What a sad and tragic end, we've already seen a lot of that in this show.
Apr 17, 2021 12:17 PM
Dec 2019
The opening is great, the visuals are impressive and the song is catchy.

Vivy is showing herself to be a great character, it was especially telling when Matsumoto downloaded a combat program into her.

It was clear that something was off with the Estella presented last episode and it now is revealed that it wasn't Estella but her twin sister Elizabeth. It was a moving story the fact that both sisters were separated since the start and couldn't meet each other until now and sadly as Beth said this was their first and last joint task. The song that they sang together was so soothing and incredible that it made Vivy Jealous.

I hope that Matsumoto isn't really thrown away though, i didn't like when Vivy gave the doll as a present to Momoka's sister. Matsumoto should be alongside Vivy for the whole journey imo.
Apr 17, 2021 12:20 PM

Oct 2020
Could someone explain the connection between the bracelet and the two sisters?

It was only on Stella's wrist, and given how Beth has never met her, she wouldn't know what the bracelet was right? Or did I miss something?

Good episode.

✧ THE NIGHT SHONE UPON TWO, ME & YOU ✧ FORUM SET BY:SAINTZEPH

Apr 17, 2021 12:30 PM

Nov 2016
The opening is definitely among the best from Spring 21.

As for the episode. Audiovisually it was top notch again, it pushed so many right buttons.

Just beautiful/5

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 17, 2021 12:32 PM
Mar 2021
Wow!! I really did not expected that. It's really good to see that idea of the sisters. It reminds me of Alita. And it was an awesome build up where humanity and the sisters were able to reunite. The song in the end!! I want to know the name because it bring perfect sense and emotions to the story and the meaning of the heart.
Apr 17, 2021 12:48 PM
Apr 2016
I m just here for the last song. i m glad i heard it once again in this episode, but it was also awful to think we might not hear it again in the next episodes...

I wonder what will happen with the anti AI guys...
Apr 17, 2021 1:07 PM
Apr 2021
I like the way they portray IA in this show. It's very different from other shows like Westworld where the IA are more down-to-earth . For the time now, they are kind hearted,embody the ideal of dedication and sense of sacrifice. They were really built this way (maybe it will change in the future when i see matsumuto it makes me wonder, huh..). Now i want to discover what led to the mass slaughter in the future. I hope it's not a stupid virus or something like that lol.

The episode was great, at first i was afraid the show went too fast portraying IA as humans but considering the rest is top tier it's no big deal.
Apr 17, 2021 1:15 PM

Oct 2017
SaintZeph said:

When Estella is told her sister is going to be trashed, they give her a lock of hair.
As far as I understand, she puts it in the bracelet to remember Elizabeth.
Apr 17, 2021 1:52 PM

Oct 2020
Crayle said:
SaintZeph said:

When Estella is told her sister is going to be trashed, they give her a lock of hair.
As far as I understand, she puts it in the bracelet to remember Elizabeth.

Thanks Crayle, don't know how I missed that.

✧ THE NIGHT SHONE UPON TWO, ME & YOU ✧ FORUM SET BY:SAINTZEPH

Apr 17, 2021 2:01 PM

Apr 2018
This episode was incredible. The fightscene along with the OST were superb. Rip estella and beth.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vivy: Fluorite Eye's Song Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

NextUniverse - Jun 19, 2021

369 by Lawgun »»
Mar 18, 2:18 PM

Poll: » Vivy: Fluorite Eye's Song Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2021

165 by Lawgun »»
Mar 18, 1:14 PM

Poll: » Vivy: Fluorite Eye's Song Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 22, 2021

235 by Lawgun »»
Mar 18, 11:05 AM

Poll: » Vivy: Fluorite Eye's Song Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 1, 2021

295 by Lawgun »»
Mar 18, 10:57 AM

Poll: » Vivy: Fluorite Eye's Song Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2021

165 by Lawgun »»
Mar 18, 10:33 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.