Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 8, 2021 3:07 PM

Oct 2014
That was epic no matter what anyone says
Apr 8, 2021 3:10 PM

Feb 2019
what you would get if you combined Madoka's with the corniness of a pretty boys in cafes show?
I guess this, there really are things that are better not to know. Every time it is more common to see shows about boys being cheesy and effeminate in a "mahou shonen" anime, but they always turn out to be so boring and slow they waste everything ridiculous that could be taken seriously, certainly
Apr 8, 2021 3:17 PM

Jul 2014
All the grace of a Teletubby.
Apr 8, 2021 3:25 PM
Dec 2018
Well, that was very cheesy and really felt like trash cinema, laughed a lot. Definitely going to look forward to this show
Apr 8, 2021 4:02 PM

Sep 2016
I LOVED this. It is so campy cheesy, and over the top. It clearly doesn't take itself seriously, so I am not going to either.

What a fun spin on the magical girl genre. There were a lot of nods here to Sailor Moon and Madoca. (From the creepy inner psyche battle areas, to the "villain" being poof sparkled away.

I am also getting some Yuri Kuma/Utena vibes from the sheer nonsense/randomness of it all.

LOVED the funny song and singing during the battle! Very reverse harm. The ending sequence art is AMAZING.

I enjoyed this a lot, because it was just so funny. To me, this feels like a spoof anime and I hope it keeps up this good energy during its run and not become too one note. I love clear shojo inspiration here.
Apr 8, 2021 4:11 PM
May 2020
Lol honestly I enjoyed it, so funny :D can't wait for more.
I think it's is something you do not look too serious about and therefore it's quite enjoyable.
Apr 8, 2021 4:13 PM
May 2020
Alixivy said:
I LOVED this. It is so campy cheesy, and over the top. It clearly doesn't take itself seriously, so I am not going to either.

What a fun spin on the magical girl genre. There were a lot of nods here to Sailor Moon and Madoca. (From the creepy inner psyche battle areas, to the "villain" being poof sparkled away.

I am also getting some Yuri Kuma/Utena vibes from the sheer nonsense/randomness of it all.

LOVED the funny song and singing during the battle! Very reverse harm. The ending sequence art is AMAZING.

I enjoyed this a lot, because it was just so funny. To me, this feels like a spoof anime and I hope it keeps up this good energy during its run and not become too one note. I love clear shojo inspiration here.

yep this 100%..the opening is super catchy as well and in general, the music reminds me of old-school anime. These "inner psyche" battle remind me as well of Pet, almost similar Artstyle. All in all great first episode
Apr 8, 2021 5:44 PM
Nov 2020
Please don't associate fujoshis with ... That lol (I'm one so I feel offended). I found the synopsis interesting, it reminded me a lot of Makura no danshi because I thought it was going to be a first-person anime and that it wouldn't turn into a fairy lol a typical bishounen with nothing very special if you forget the fact that they saw fairies lol
Apr 8, 2021 5:58 PM

Jan 2020
Those crazy, colorful and insane visuals for the last 6 or so minutes are up my alley and I love em. Aside from that, I found it pretty average but I still have hope

Apr 8, 2021 6:13 PM
Nov 2019
this ep was strange but i liked , haha
Apr 8, 2021 6:47 PM

Nov 2017
Idk what is going on but nice.
"he has it big as a cactus
but he won't let go of my head
and I puke on his cock bitch" - Boy by Fishball 
Apr 8, 2021 7:45 PM

Aug 2015
The absolute state of female gaze and fujo bait in this insanity. This is dumb as hell and I will definitely be here again next week, thank you.

Was the fight scene a madoka reference?

I'm curious about the villain tease. Hope his alter ego is just as over the top as the rest of these hoes.

The ropes and bondage in the ending theme. B R U H
Apr 8, 2021 8:40 PM

Nov 2015
Yes. Some good man service. We need more magical boy anime
HACKs! 🤢🤮
Apr 8, 2021 8:51 PM

Mar 2013
This gave off a similar energy as a Cult Propaganda video. The faithful cult followers proudly exposit the rules of their group, which amounts to textbook detachment from the outside world and the forbidding of making relationships outside of the cult. They then show how one of their members bravely takes on the "attachment" of the outside world in some kind of diet madoka magicka fight.

A very strange first episode to say the least.
Apr 8, 2021 10:28 PM
Nov 2020
From the point of the 2-minute man transformation onwards I was laughing my ass off - this is without any doubt one of the worst things I have ever seen. The "doxxed lolol" caption and thigh-high leggings/short-shorts outfit with the butt cape and stabbing the troll chick (who's literally pulling the mutli-keyboard mashing ski-masked hacker video routine but with phones to post an endless stream of toxic macros on some random girl's profile so she kills herself cause she stole her boyfriend) in the heart, straight through her internet connection - through the internet, she was stabbed, by a fairy godfather that made it look fire af. Not to mention this weird monty python ripoff virtual space and the 4chan head node, like... what? Who the fuck created this? This reminds me of Tommy Wiseau's "The Room", I cannot fathom the purpose of anything I saw - I would believe it if you told me it was randomly generated by a neural net... why did that giant key get so much air time lol?

Reminds me of when I'm in some discord server and I can't decipher even one of the emojis people are using. Had a great time, and I won't be back - one episode of this is more than enough lol.
Apr 8, 2021 10:52 PM

Oct 2008
THE HECK did u just watched!?!?
i'll join the bots lolz 1/5.

Apr 8, 2021 11:19 PM
Jul 2009
I will walk you through my thinking process whilst watching the first episode:

-oh yea hot guys, yay I can postpone to buy a new otome game.

-is this like Winx Club but with male protagonists?

-why are they naked front of their Queen...

-they must have a decent production budget, even composed a lame-ass song for their school.

-I didn't get the battle scene tbh. I have a bunch of questions about their transformation.

Regardless of the usual anime disparities, I love it! So much material for the fujoshi in me :)
Apr 9, 2021 6:12 AM

Oct 2016
Who is the target audience for this? That bucket of fucks to give has a hole in the bottom, I see.

This was honestly the strangest thing I've seen in a long time and that's saying a lot. I don't even mean that in a good way. It was this weird mashup of... any and everything and I don't think any of it worked. Or did it?

But I do love the fact that everyone involved in this seems to have lost all sanity and don't care to find it again, so I might stick around. Plus, I need to see Juka in a crop top and booty shorts, so there's that too.

This nutty bitch really used 6 phones, 3 laptops and a tablet just to bully someone? I'm glad her ass got Utena'd. Or did she?
Apr 9, 2021 6:18 AM

Aug 2017
Kudos to the guy who said this is Persona 5 & Sailormoon's child!

I'm at awe, I was smiling throughout. That 10 commandments was a killer! 🤪😅

My fujoshi side is doing its happy dance 🤭😁 Excited to see next week!

If want to de-stress this is it!

Apr 9, 2021 6:21 AM

Dec 2017
I expected badly animated magical boys saving the world.

I got very well animated magical boys, with great transformation scene and more fanservice than I expected. To top it off, the guys are hot.

I'm all for sexualising male characters for once, feels so refreshing!

Will definitely keep watching it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 9, 2021 8:23 AM

Jan 2014
The score has already increased a bit from when I checked 5 hours ago (5.05), but jeez people are being unnecessarily harsh on this show lmao. Fragile masculinity much? Not saying this anime is going to be a masterpiece by any means, but if the anime is obviously not aimed at you it's kind of unfair to give it an extremely low score just because you don't like men in thongs. There's a 'dropped' option for a reason, use it.

Anyway, seems like it's gonna be one of those feel good silly shows. I'm not expecting a lot of emotional depth or character development, but I'll stick around for now. I'm curious whether it will become yaoi bait or whether heterosexual love will be prevalent.
Apr 9, 2021 10:40 AM

Apr 2014
This is exactly the kind of campy trashy nonsense I was hoping it would be! I laughed so much watching this first episode.

I think that this show isn't trying to be anything other than what it is, and I love it for that.

Feels self-aware and fun. Definitely not for everyone, but as a gay man whose favourite anime is Madoka Magica...this is basically everything I could have wanted out of a weird, homoerotic pseudo-parody.

Basically, I'm hoping that the show stays fun, fast-paced, and stupid! If it tries to take itself too seriously later on, it'll be a huge drag.

Hoping other people will be able to enjoy this show as much as I do!
Apr 9, 2021 12:34 PM
May 2015
1. NIPPLES??? finally
2. I'm not a fujoshi so my only reason for watching this lowkey hilarious non-sense will be for the red haired dude I've fallen for and the fanservice that doesn't include bl
3. what.is.that.ending
4. in conclusion, 10/10
Apr 9, 2021 7:49 PM
Jan 2020
Hot pretty boys... I'm down for more of this.
Apr 10, 2021 8:46 AM

Sep 2011
This show is beautiful and strange. Both the OP, ED, and transformation sequence is amazing too. I like how the character's faces change when they transform. I'm looking forward to more episodes.
I want to sleep...
Apr 10, 2021 12:53 PM
Jun 2020
It's... Funny? Well, I liked the music
Apr 11, 2021 12:29 PM

Dec 2017
I am just unsure of what to think so far. I guess I'll see where it goes from here, also Jyuka best boy.
Apr 11, 2021 1:15 PM
Nov 2019
I want some of the drugs the guy who story-boarded this was on......

That was some pretty trippy ass-naked man-fairy, magical campness.

I only watched it because the synopsys sounded like it would be "Interesting". OMG - I'm not quite sure what I just experienced.

I'll have to keep watching this - "But not get caught".

Apr 11, 2021 2:56 PM

Jan 2017
I loved it! It seems like the focus will be unraveling the mystery of "attachment", why they can only shift it around, and basically everyone aside from Ranmaru getting themselves kicked out of fairyland.
Apr 11, 2021 3:00 PM

May 2013
That episode was funny, but probably not in the way the director intended.
“Victor can’t be satisfied by anyone but me.”

Apr 11, 2021 6:52 PM

Jul 2008
Can't... breathe.... laughing too much.... OMG this anime is an amazing comedy! Wait, it's not comedy? That makes it even more hilarious! 😆
Apr 11, 2021 11:14 PM
Aug 2018
I found this season’s Ex-Arms 🤪🤣😂🤣

Hooray for dumpster fires! 😂🤣😅
Apr 12, 2021 11:42 AM

Dec 2016
It was OK and was funny in a cringy way.

It reminded me of Sarazanmai and a tiny bit of Wonder Egg Priority and obviously Jojo XD

Right after reciting the 10 rules they are breaking some of them XD

Looks like each character will sing while doing their thing. So, looking forward to new songs. The OP and ED were enjoyable too.

Even though it was all cringy and cheesy, about that girl being bullied like that and then wanting to commit suicide was realistic.
Apr 13, 2021 4:27 PM

Jan 2019
There are many animes that even with the first episode do not show the real reasons for their production. Fairy ranmaru is another one of them ...

Five men, actually fairies, who have the goal of saving people from problems, based on their emotions, failures and everything. It's an okay idea, even if your insight is not interesting.
Apr 13, 2021 9:40 PM
Jan 2018
This is a weird show- is it a comedy? Is a bishonen show? Is it serious or campy? -it really a weird mix- why do their normal forms don’t have nipples but when they transform they do?— it better go super gay super fast because I’m not really in for the plot.
Apr 15, 2021 5:33 AM
Jan 2013
prrgangsta said:
It was basically if Persona 5 and Sailor Moon got together and had a child

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!
Apr 15, 2021 9:45 AM

Jan 2013
Genre: musical.

That BDSM in the ending credits, haha.
Apr 15, 2021 10:10 AM

Jul 2008
chi4ko said:
Genre: musical.

That BDSM in the ending credits, haha.

Don't forget about the BDSM in the OP 😆
GreenTea13Apr 15, 2021 10:40 AM
Apr 18, 2021 1:11 PM
Apr 2021
Kumaha Maneh we ahk anj lieurr Iyeee
Apr 22, 2021 10:28 AM

Oct 2019
This is the male magical girl schlock I've been waiting for.
Apr 22, 2021 2:36 PM
May 2010
Not too bad but not exactly great either, reminds me of boueibu! the OP and ED are really good though.
The only bad part is some of battle parts are a bit stretched but its otherwise fine.
May 3, 2021 5:45 AM
Nov 2020
absolutely horrible, yet why can't I stop watching? It's like as if Ouran highschool host club met sailor Moon met madoka magica. like those ten commandments?? fine ass fairy boys in miniscule clothing? yes yes yes yes, don't get me wrong it's horrible but yet am I going to continue to watch, hell ya
Jun 23, 2021 6:28 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
That was quite ridiculous, WTF was that xD at least it ended good for that other bullied girl..
Sep 30, 2021 12:03 AM

Jan 2021
It's quite weird.. but I like it lol hahah XD kinda reminds me of Madoka Magica.. hm, Sarazanmai too..

Not a bad oddity, the boys are also handsome and the ending is pretty 'artsy', isn't it~

Btw I laughed reading some of the responses and comments here, they're really funny X"D

Jul 16, 2023 5:51 AM
Feb 2018
new sailor moon style !!!
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Ranmaru: Anata no Kokoro Otasuke Shimasu Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 3, 2021

7 by reigensexc »»
Dec 4, 2023 9:12 PM

Poll: » Fairy Ranmaru: Anata no Kokoro Otasuke Shimasu Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 22, 2021

22 by reigensexc »»
Dec 4, 2023 6:36 PM

» Where is the yaoi tag? It's gay

Old_School_Akira - Jun 26, 2021

40 by Salty-GB »»
Oct 5, 2023 6:56 PM

Poll: » Fairy Ranmaru: Anata no Kokoro Otasuke Shimasu Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - May 13, 2021

10 by Sasha08 »»
Feb 19, 2023 9:42 AM

Poll: » Fairy Ranmaru: Anata no Kokoro Otasuke Shimasu Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 29, 2021

14 by Sasha08 »»
Feb 17, 2023 9:01 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.