Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Do you think people are overhating it?
Mar 31, 2021 9:39 PM
Oct 2015
Yes, this season has been a disaster compared to first one, but still i think that it doesnt deserve a score of lower than 6 (as of now).

So, what are your thoughts on this?
Mar 31, 2021 10:18 PM

Jul 2019
As a manga reader I honestly think it’s well deserved. IMO the story wasn’t exactally great in the manga neither after the scape from the farms, but somehow they managed to make it even worst in the anime adaptation. Also the last 5 minutes of the last episode were one the worst adaptation that has come from any media that I have ever seen, but just who read the manga could tell why.

Hope it was helpfull, and...
Sorry for my terrible english :)
Mar 31, 2021 10:21 PM

Sep 2020
The hate does seem to come majorly from manga readers. But I being an anime only still hate the anime. It is worse than tokyo ghoul re. The anime is a disappointment compared to its first season which is one of my favourite anime. The show is not that bad. If it was not for season 1 of the show I would have rated it atleast 6. But the downgrade which we get from season 1 is a serious disappointment for many people.
Mar 31, 2021 10:23 PM
Dec 2012
i didn't read the manga, but the last 4 minutes of non-animated scenes felt like they skipped half of the manga. Of course the first season is great and i would recommend to anyone, but the second season... on this last chapter i was just blaming at my screen
Mar 31, 2021 11:29 PM
Feb 2020
I def think that it is overhated I def don't think it's as good as the 1st season but most of the hate comes from it not following the manga yet they stated they weren't going to follow it.
Mar 31, 2021 11:36 PM

Oct 2017
As an anime only watcher of this series i can tell you in my opinion a 6 is too high praize, I actually scored it a 4/10.
Perhaps partially because I had high hopes after the first brilliant season, which were shattered.
The amoount of contrived plot devices, built up "tensions" that were immediately solved by some convenient turnaround were staggering.
Furthermore, it looked like they were running out of animation budget in the last 2, 3 episodes. Then we were presented with a twist that míght, just míght have been a promise of a decent 3rd season which was immediately run aground by a slideshow wrapping it up.
A slideshow that meant next to nothing to me, having spoken to a manga reader I now understand it was possibly kind of meant as a nod to the manga readers but I fully understand that most of them felt they were given the middle finger.

Another reason manga readers may be livid about this is that this pile of drivel can not really be regarded as promotion for the manga.
I am however considering rewatching season 1 and pick up the manga where that leaves us.... not sure yet. As I understand even the manga has a bit of a drop in quality.

But no, I think judging by anime only standards this season does not deserve a 6.
Apr 1, 2021 12:05 AM
Mar 2015
As someone who hasn’t read the manga this video helped me understand the manga readers perspective! https://youtu.be/2kXtZsLg404
In my opinion the second season was no where near as good as the first season. The first season was so well thought out and the characters were well developed. This season paled in comparison it was rushed and I didn’t enjoy how easily everyone was swayed by Emma’s wishes on how to go about things. I feel like they could have taken their time with the second season but they tried to condense too much that even as someone who hasn’t read the manga I still could tell it was extremely rushed. They could have done less and covered the rest in a third season but that’s neither here or there. For those reason I feel the ratings the second season been getting is deserved.
Apr 1, 2021 12:11 AM

Jul 2020
The most rushed ending I have ever seen.

Season 1 adapted pages 1-37 of the manga.

Season 2 adapted pages 38-181 of the manga.

I see a slight discrepancy.
Apr 1, 2021 12:28 AM

May 2015
No. It deserves whatever it gets bc it obviously didn't respect the story. Deviation from the source is fine if there's a good plan but it just took any good parts from the manga and butchered them.

Apr 1, 2021 12:51 AM
Sep 2020
The last couple of scenes was literal stupidity Emma changed the demon world within seconds and call it a ending great potential wasted
Apr 1, 2021 1:45 AM
Jan 2018
I think it’s well deserved as a manga reader, especially after hyping us up. Telling us that “looks like nobody lives here”, a kmocloff seven walls door and a literal GOLDY POND, I think it’s well deserved for just trolling us. Guess it was an early April fools prank :(
Apr 1, 2021 1:50 AM

Jun 2016
This anime has a higher score than g reco which means that it's not hated enough.
Lower please.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Apr 1, 2021 1:53 AM

Aug 2020
not at all, I don't get why so many people like season 1 that much either, season 1 isn't bad its just not exactly good imo, season 2 on the other hand is just terrible in pretty much every way it could be tho (I'm anime only)
Call me Ren
Apr 1, 2021 1:57 AM

Jan 2020
Even if you went into S2 blind, I feel like it's just a lot more hollow compared to the first season. If they were going to do anime-only, then they shouldn't have rushed to an ending after only 11 episodes. Take your time, create a different plot point, develop it, make it connect with things. It's just like, bleh...

One of the major disappointments was when they escaped the bunker and then ran off into the woods. A few episodes earlier they needed a safe haven because they couldn't fend for themselves? Somehow we're supposed to believe they survived for a year and a half just running around aimlessly? Then it's all offscreened of course and we skip ahead to the final arc which was just an excuse to sprint to a conclusion.

If I could rate it lower than a 1 I would.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Apr 1, 2021 2:03 AM

May 2019
No, I'm not a manga reader, the first season was awesome and gripping, this was dumb and rushed.
Apr 1, 2021 3:31 AM
Oct 2017
Before the last 2 episodes yes after no
Apr 1, 2021 4:01 AM
Oct 2019
This season is a Abomination...
I hope this is the last time an Adaptation got ruined...
Apr 1, 2021 4:18 AM
Dec 2019
It deserves pretty well. No, Clockworks saying that "B-But we were going to change it already, we told you all in advance!" Isn't an excuse to the thing that was S2. Follow the manga, if you don't want to follow the manga then MAKE A GOOD STORY.
Apr 1, 2021 4:26 AM
Nov 2020
Im4gine said:
Yes, this season has been a disaster compared to first one, but still i think that it doesnt deserve a score of lower than 6 (as of now).

So, what are your thoughts on this?
No, entire season has been a joke aside from episode 1 and 2. Genuinely think a 2 yr old could have written a better ending.
Apr 1, 2021 4:34 AM

Apr 2020
The hate is justified. The show betrayed both the anime only watchers and the manga readers. Even as an anime only the show felt wrong. With each episode, the show became more disappointing. This season is like a back stab to the entierety of those who supported this anime after watching the first season.
Apr 1, 2021 4:36 AM

May 2020
No, in fact the hate is not enough.
Apr 1, 2021 4:51 AM

Oct 2010
I think it's getting a lot of extra hate if we take into account that production values are fine, and that the series more or less is kept coherent narratively for like half of its run. But it's bad, and it's understandable that it gets this low. In the same way a very popular series can be hyped and get abnormally high ratings, when it falls so spectacularly and the hype turns into hate it can get a fairly low average. Fandom is a double-edged sword.
Apr 1, 2021 4:59 AM

Aug 2020
As a manga reader, it deserves this. They rushed the entire series and made a slideshow of major plot points at the end. When they said they would make an original ending, they made an original entire show. They also skipped the like the best arc which I was looking forward to. So it deserves it honestly.
Apr 1, 2021 5:15 AM

Aug 2010
I think it's well deserved. TG :re might have ripped off most of manga content out of anime so it didn't make any sense but it was already ruined by anime only second season so nobody expected :re to be any better. Neverland on the other hand had solid and very hyped first season that set bar high. Second season was supposed to be anime original but it just ripped scenes from manga and twisted it to their convenience. They dumbed down the characters so their development was complete zero. Everything went according to Emma's plan, nobody died, whole convenience and villain fight were like in a story that 6 years old would think of, not to think about animation for action scenes, that was garbage. They had more time due to corona to make it at least decent, especially after season 1 being so good. Author probably knew what they messed up in manga (mostly ending), yet production decided to cut out decent stuff and leave the worst part of manga. I mean... it's okay to put money into new project but honestly this felt like an insult to fans.
Apr 5, 2021 12:08 AM

Dec 2012
It took me all of my patience & understanding just to convince myself that this was a 6/10 and I'm anime only. I can't possibly offer any defense to this other than that I personally won't hate it.
Apr 5, 2021 1:26 AM
Aug 2019
Story plays an important role no matter in anime ,manga or other movie that you're watching , i know some other people might prefer their power ,artwork ,etc but honestly i want to say if the story cant present well in a show ,for sure it will receive negative evaluation from audience .

For me mostly i watch the show outside i going for the story first ,2nd will be other element so the season for TPN2 cant be help ....if they not following the manga at first i think its fine maybe they will present in another way but yet the result of it is unpleasant and worst to watch ...so yea ...hard to evaluate this anime with a greater marks comparing to others.

My rating is 1/10
Apr 5, 2021 1:30 AM
Aug 2019
CaptaTech said:
It deserves pretty well. No, Clockworks saying that "B-But we were going to change it already, we told you all in advance!" Isn't an excuse to the thing that was S2. Follow the manga, if you don't want to follow the manga then MAKE A GOOD STORY.

True if they can present well in story i am sure some audience would accept that too
Apr 5, 2021 11:28 AM

Jul 2016
I don't really know what the producers were thinking when they pulled this second season out. Things aren't that disconnected and fast even in low budget action movies, those time leaps are atrocious.

I haven't even finished watching cause I lost almost all my interest after Norman's appearance. That's when I saw how bad this turned out to be. I was really hoping for at least a decent adaptation, this is just bad and I think the score should be lower. The only thing positive about this is how short it is, this way I can get rid of the pain faster.

x5

Good times become good memories, but bad times become good lessons.
Uncle Iroh
Apr 5, 2021 11:48 AM

May 2019
Nope.

Fair and justified hate.

In healthy levels.

What made me regain my faith in the taste of judgement from anime community.

Thanks, you all.
Apr 5, 2021 2:04 PM
Jan 2021
Season 2 is bad in almost every way. However, I think it hit people harder than it otherwise would’ve because the first season was so good so everyone had extremely high expectations for season 2.
Apr 5, 2021 2:06 PM

Jan 2020
Nope. It deserves much more hate

Apr 5, 2021 2:14 PM
Dec 2020
no as an anime only this was laughably bad honeslty think it’s a 4-5/10 at the very most
Apr 5, 2021 2:24 PM
Mar 2020
As a manga reader, the few parts after the escape from Grace Field at the end of the first season that kept me invested were the arcs and characters that the producers excluded from the anime. Without these fundamental parts, I lost all interest in the anime as I would have if the manga didn't include them as well.

All together it was a pretty shitty (and pointless imo) decision to cut them out by the studio.
Apr 5, 2021 10:07 PM

Feb 2019
No, i think this season deserves the hate.
Apr 6, 2021 6:33 AM

Mar 2020
Yes, it's being overhated. I think that the season was FINE, and it DEFINITELY doesn't deserve the score it has now. As an anime-only, I'm not affected by the missing arcs.
NOW WATCHING: Blue Exorcist (Season 3), Bucchigiri?!, Bungou Stray Dogs (Season 2), Delicious in Dungeon, and Mashle (Season 2)

Apr 6, 2021 7:11 AM

Jun 2020
No. People are underhating. The score deserves to be even lower
Apr 6, 2021 9:02 AM

Mar 2020
haha you are funny, they are underhating, but I blame brainlets who rate it as "one anime" with first season

someone explained it to me nicley some time ago(on anilist, but nevermind that)

great+trash=8/10 average, makes perfect sense!
Apr 6, 2021 5:14 PM
Master Otaku

Mar 2009
Heard the manga was horrible towards the end as well, so it only makes sense thevanime adaption would be worse. LOL.
- Justin T. Poindexter
Apr 7, 2021 3:40 AM
May 2019
No, it completely deserves all the hate, They betrayed both anime onlys and manga readers, I was so excited for the second season and they completely ruined everything, I'm anime only and yet I was able to see that it's a complete mess, with each episode it just got worst and that ending just rubbed the salt on the wounds.
Apr 19, 2021 5:30 PM

Jul 2009
I really don't understand the hate. I never read the manga, sure, but as an anime-only watcher it's pretty solid imo. It seems like there was a bit of a time-skip but that didn't take away from a whole lot of the enjoyment for me. I liked the characters and I think the ending was solid, even if it was a little bit rushed. I really enjoyed this season.
Apr 22, 2021 8:54 AM
Oct 2019
TRASH Adaptation deserve all the hate.
Apr 24, 2021 4:06 PM
Aug 2016
It was good enough that I could enjoy it.

The first season was very good suspense horror, the second season had non I think. But I actually did not expect it to have, and I think it should not have. After the escape the danger becomes much more visible then before.

However there are some things that could have been better (my opinion):
- Generally more time
+ A scene where the kids go under cover the first time is missing
+ More scenes where the kids are in danger to get discovered by the daemons (in the year skip before they realize daemons aren't all bad)
+ The scene with the help written on the wall after it is discovered no one talks about it?
+ A little more time after the intended genocid for the characters to get there head strait
- Better understanding of Daemon society by showing more of the common daemons.
- Skip the last slideshow and aim for a 3ed season. Overthrowing a government is very interesting.

The Manga is probably better, but that's true for most shows. And it is true for most book adaptations.

I would agree, with all those points I mentioned above, the show has much wasted potential and is not as good as the first season.

However I've seen worse series and it provides closure for the watcher. After season one we see the kids escaping, promising to get the younger ones. This season showed us that they did and showed us more of the daemons only shortly seen in the first season. That's more then many other Animes do which just stop and never give closure.

I'm happier with this season then none.
Apr 24, 2021 4:18 PM

Dec 2018
No I dont think so. That anime have many problems. I can understand that people didn't like it and are disappointed

But for me and my taste it was soooo fucking good. CloverWorks didn't sink my favorite lesbians ship for that season, and I got the delicious Yuri ending I was hoping for,,,,,YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

My little lesbian lovebirds are so cute together ❤ I dont care about the rest Lol and gave it 10/10

Yuri-CrusaderApr 24, 2021 4:28 PM
Apr 24, 2021 5:42 PM

Mar 2014
My rating is 1/10.
Apr 24, 2021 7:53 PM
Jan 2021
I think people are hating this season more than they otherwise would because season 1 was (and still is) a near masterpiece. So of course people had extremely high expectations for season 2, and manga fans in particular were looking forward to seeing their favorite arc (Goldy Pond) animated. And when you have extremely high expectations for something, it hurts even more when you’re let down. If TPN season 2 was something new and original that wasn’t connected to such a well loved series and people had no expectations for it, it would still be hated but probably not nearly as much. Ultimately, I think the hate is well deserved, even from an anime only perspective. But all the hate is getting kinda old tbh.
Us613Apr 24, 2021 8:05 PM
Apr 25, 2021 1:44 AM
Oct 2019
Yuri-Crusader said:
No I dont think so. That anime have many problems. I can understand that people didn't like it and are disappointed

But for me and my taste it was soooo fucking good. CloverWorks didn't sink my favorite lesbians ship for that season, and I got the delicious Yuri ending I was hoping for,,,,,YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

My little lesbian lovebirds are so cute together ❤ I dont care about the rest Lol and gave it 10/10

Lmao clearly this is BS rating, is you think this is good.
You got a bad taste..

More topics from this board

» Does this anime have the most wasted potential?

aod-kun - Mar 10, 2023

25 by 7k72 »»
Apr 11, 6:19 AM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jan 28, 2021

419 by chocomayu »»
Mar 7, 1:15 AM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2021

244 by Yanarsen »»
Mar 5, 3:27 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2021

220 by Yanarsen »»
Mar 5, 2:45 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2021

505 by Jiborjas »»
Feb 15, 2:28 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.