Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
That Time I got Reincarnated as a Slime
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Mar 30, 2021 8:52 AM

Nov 2014
After previous super hot episodes, this one felt kinda weak. It wasn't bad I guess, just a bit underwhelming for last episode before break.

I really wonder what's up with the whole Milim plot. I like her too much to believe she is bad guy.
Her combat form looks great tho...

Diablo seems like super fun character. I just wonder why wouldn't Rimuru ask him "why" when he offered his loyality just like that.

Raphael best girl?
Mar 30, 2021 8:57 AM
Mar 2016
Feel like we got a bot vote 1 or something this episode?
the show just end and there 50 of them
Mar 30, 2021 8:57 AM

Nov 2020
Hahahahaha we got "Brainwashed" Milim, Sadboy Diablo, and Chuuni Veldora.
Looking forward for next part, also Rimuru is indeed beautiful.
Mar 30, 2021 8:58 AM
Mar 2020
This episode's humorous elements provide a breather and a palate cleanser after the seriousness of the last few episodes. Things moved faster than I expected. At this rate, could we see the fall of Clayman by the middle of part 2?
Mar 30, 2021 8:58 AM
Jul 2018
Man the direction is downright inferior to that of manga. Manga devoted a whole chapter to veldora's return. The dialogue presentation everything was so elegant in manga, infact it felt emotional. The anime version was bland asf rushed asf . So this is what happens when director is changed. This new director is average at best.
Mar 30, 2021 8:59 AM

Aug 2020
I'm glad to see milim again, even if its only for a bit at the final episode, she's always been one of my favorites. this season was really good, it deserves the score boost it got.

P.S I would do many unspeakable things to awaken to this view..
clannad is the greatest piece of fiction to ever exist.
Mar 30, 2021 9:00 AM

May 2015
EYyy Dragon is back. Also, 3 demon lords sounds very...bad.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Mar 30, 2021 9:04 AM

Oct 2017
That was one hell of a password lmao. Good to see my girl Shion back, I'm so happy.

Millim vs Carrion was pretty good and I can't wait to see Clayman's ass getting kicked. I wonder why Millim is helping Clayman thou, pretty sure it's for some dumb reason.

Diablo finally got his name and he looks cool. I like loyal followers so definitely gonna like him more and more. Also hell yeah Veldora is finally back and this time with a human body. Rimuru's army just got so much stronger.

Another great season of slime and I really loved this one, even more than s1. Now gotta wait 3 months for cour 2 which is fine cause meanwhile we get to watch the spin off.
Mar 30, 2021 9:08 AM
Mar 2013
Farabeuf said:
Nurguburu said:
This season is slightly better than the first season yet its still bad. Its still afraid of taking risks and when I feel tension, they return to the status quo in 2-3 episodes. It doesn't help the pacing is a mess at first due to the disastrous direction of the second half of S1 making the whole "Demon Lord Rimuru" arc less impactful. Generic villains are fun to watch only if the anime isn't taken seriously but unfortunately is not the case here. They're compent when the plot demands it. It tries so hard to be Overlord now. 4/10 for the anime.

Good post. You sum up my feelings succintly. Every time there was some tension, some high stakes, we got rolled back to same ole' modus vivendi. I don't think I'll watch a S3 to be honest.

If you are looking for high stakes this is kinda the wrong anime for you. It's a Slice of life with fighting and some nice world-building, admittedly; the anime has not been doing as well this season with the world-building especially compared to the LN/WN . Where we are going is mostly easy to follow and guess. You are just along for the ride, on a mostly straight path with very few bumps, well there are a few later on but overall don't expect anything more than a twist that a slice of life anime might do. This is a show that people can say "hey, I don't watch a slice of life!" and then watch this to get their fill. Guilty as charged by the way LOL
Mar 30, 2021 9:11 AM

Aug 2011
Veldora is hot *O*
Looking forward to the second cour!

» Escapism.

Mar 30, 2021 9:11 AM

Sep 2019
Great finale, a bit tame compared to last few episodes but this is how finales should be. A proper epilogue episode. Solid 9/10 for this season.
Mar 30, 2021 9:15 AM
Nov 2020
Marinate1016 said:
Nurguburu said:
This season is slightly better than the first season yet its still bad. Its still afraid of taking risks and when I feel tension, they return to the status quo in 2-3 episodes. It doesn't help the pacing is a mess at first due to the disastrous direction of the second half of S1 making the whole "Demon Lord Rimuru" arc less impactful. Generic villains are fun to watch only if the anime isn't taken seriously but unfortunately is not the case here. They're compent when the plot demands it. It tries so hard to be Overlord now. 4/10 for the anime.

Just stick to fate stay mid. You clearly just don’t vibe with this series and that’s ok, no need to force yourself to watch.
true these suckers can't even enjoy a show without their criticism
Mar 30, 2021 9:15 AM

Sep 2014
Wish I could also wake up to that great view ... ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Nerf Milim, too strong wew.
Poor Diablo, Rimuru almost made him cry lol.
Good to see best tsundere dragon Valdora is back!
Sad to see it go for now, can't wait for july half to come!
Mar 30, 2021 9:19 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
A pretty decent finale to set up the next part coming in later this year (hopefully). Shion's shenanigans came back, Diablo and Veldora are properly "reintroduced" (there's probably a better word for it) and Milim declared war... for some reason (I didn't get why she did that).

As a whole, the season didn't start very well. I couldn't remember at first most of the cast or their relevance to the plot and the pacing felt very very slow. Fortunately on the latter half the tension finally started building up and there was a clear objective which ended in mass annihilation. That was cool though it didn't last very long so there is a chance the second part starts off in the way (I hope not).
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Mar 30, 2021 9:21 AM

May 2016
I hope we see more of the diablo guy. he was so fucking cool and his laugh is great.
Mar 30, 2021 9:23 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Hahaha that part with Shion at the beginning, anyway I'm happy that she's back and alive!
So we have that Diablo guy now with Rimuru, well he looks pretty cool to be honest.
And the most interesting event: Veldora unleashed and has a new body, I can't wait for the next cour now!
Really good season overall especially for the enjoyment part, as good as S1 for me
Mar 30, 2021 9:25 AM

Aug 2013
What a bastard Benimaru is. XD Good thing Raphael got the answers for Rimuru.
Well at least it was good to see Shion alive again. I really missed her.

Milim's fight was pretty cool. So we have three Demon Lords teaming up. I wonder why.

Diablo is looking cool.

Good to see Veldora again, and this time he has a human form.

Too bad we'll have to wait till summer for the next cour. At least there will be more Tensura content next week.

Aug 2020
A pretty decent eps, the comedic scene between Rimuru and Diablo was very refreshing. Really looking forward to see Diablo more in the upcoming season. Btw what's with the amount of people trolling the rating for this eps 1/5? It's a SoL type of fantasy, i didn't expect this much hate for this kind of anime tbh.

Feb 2011
I expected more to the ending, but glad it guaranteed another season was in the making. It just better be more action filled than this one, cause it was severely lacking.
Give me at least 5 minutes to modify my post before quoting me. (refreshing page advised)
Mar 30, 2021 9:26 AM

Sep 2018
SirTristamSfan said:
Man the direction is downright inferior to that of manga. Manga devoted a whole chapter to veldora's return. The dialogue presentation everything was so elegant in manga, infact it felt emotional. The anime version was bland asf rushed asf . So this is what happens when director is changed. This new director is average at best.

Its not rushed, they just wanted to tease Veldora. That scene will continue in the next episode...
well that's just my opinion.....
Mar 30, 2021 9:26 AM
Dec 2010
The amount of stuff they cut from second half of season 2 part 1 was and is INSANE. The amount of cool scenes we could have gotten, was watered down a lot just to finish on the Veldora scene
Mar 30, 2021 9:27 AM
Oct 2016
Great way to end this first cour of season two! Veldora has returned! Cannot wait to see more of the legendary tsundere dragon now in his newly minted human form. Which looks pretty badass with the blonde hair and ripped body. Veldora ready to keep those western nations in check. Loved how they handled this midseason finale episode. I nearly teared up when Rimuru awoke to see Shion holding him along with everyone else fully revived. It was a heartwarming moment to say the least. Rimuru did it all and it worked, he brought them back without a single soul left behind.

Rest of the episode definitely was setting up for what will be in the second cour this summer. Milim is aligning with fellow demon lords Clayman and Frey for some yet unknown reason. Attacking, maybe even killing but probably just capturing Carrion. There's still the threat of Hinata coming back for more and the Falmuth prisoners they have at Tempest. Lots of loose ends to work on for the rest of this season.

Overall I've very much enjoyed returning to the Slime anime. Rimuru is a great protagonist and fun to watch. He's really come into his own these past couple episodes showing just how far he'd go to protect the ones he cares about. Feeling the weight of his role as leader of an entire nation. Facing horrible atrocities and vile individuals whom only seek power. Things did take a minute to start up at the beginning of the season but that was understandably so the previous seasons plot threads could be resolved before jumping into this new batch of problems. Rimuru now being a demon lord and having another powerful underling in Diablo by his side will make things interesting going forward. Excited for the remainder of season two this summer but also happy to have some lighthearted fun with Slime Diaries beginning next week!

90/100
Mar 30, 2021 9:28 AM

Jul 2015
This was a good episode but this whole s2 was mediocre at best.. there was no tension of any kind.. whats even the use of killing a cast member when he/she is gonna be revived sooner or later.. this practically means that no one is ever gonna completely die in Slime universe..
also.. there was no actual cliffhanger to cour 1..
I waited 13 episodes for Milim (who was one of the main heroines in the ED) and she showed for like 5-6 mins.. meh..
Only good character i liked was diablo and he turned out to be such a male tsundere or something.. was finally hoping for an actual strong serious character.. but its slime universe.. every thing's gotta be cheesy and comedy..
This season 6.5/10 at best so i'm giving it 7..
Jul 2018
Farmaceut said:
SirTristamSfan said:

Its not rushed, they just wanted to tease Veldora. That scene will continue in the next episode...

They skipped the scene . Its not teasing

Nov 2013
The only interesting thing in the episode is Veldora scene because something actually happens.
Otherwise it just boring finale with cringe comedy nonsense.
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Mar 30, 2021 9:29 AM
Oct 2016
Dalane said:
The amount of stuff they cut from second half of season 2 part 1 was and is INSANE. The amount of cool scenes we could have gotten, was watered down a lot just to finish on the Veldora scene

Most likely they will rearrange those to be in like episodes 13 and 14 next cour. Same as the did with the start of this season

Mar 2020
This marks the end of the 2nd Season's 1st part. Can't wait for summer to roll around for the 2nd Part! Can't wait to learn about why Milim attacked Eurazania and Veldora's powers!

Jan 2021
What a great finale!! So many things happened and tsundere dragon veldora is back as well!. Beginning part was just hilarious especially benimaru,s password thing then rimuru forgetting about summoning diablo and diablo crying about that (lol). Milim and carrion fight was pretty good too. Now it's finally Clayman,s turn in the 2nd part. 9/10 from me for this part
Mar 30, 2021 9:33 AM

Feb 2014
So wer're back at where it all started. Veldora is back. Time to cull some demon lords.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Mar 30, 2021 9:37 AM

Jun 2012
Easily, so much better than the first season.

Such a masterpiece of an anime.
Mar 30, 2021 9:39 AM
Jan 2019
Is this going to be the final episode of this season?
Mar 30, 2021 9:47 AM

Sep 2019
I didn't expect Veldora to become a gyaru lol.

This season had a bad start but it got better. I still liked the first season more though. The previous episode was great, this one was good. It was a fine season overall. Give more Milim next time.
Mar 30, 2021 9:49 AM

Feb 2021
This season started very poorly, and gradually improved for me. The reveal at the end was great, and I hope to see what Veldora can do in the second part.

Overall a 7/10 for me.
Mar 30, 2021 9:57 AM

Dec 2011
I didn't expect Veldora to show up in this part 1 since there was a party for all who came back and to celebrate the new demon lord.
Mar 30, 2021 9:58 AM
Dec 2010
Dukino said:
Dalane said:

Most likely they will rearrange those to be in like episodes 13 and 14 next cour. Same as the did with the start of this season

They won't be in part 2 since those cool scene their event have allready taken place so they can't really go back to them since they make up almost 3 episodes worth of stuff cut. Even the Veldora scene could atleast be alone 3/4 episode worth of screen time and they cut it way for fuck back
Mar 30, 2021 10:11 AM

Jun 2015
Oh damn! I would of loved to at least seen even a few lines of dialogue between Tempest and Tempest at the end, after his resurrection. Especially as his own lines were about destroying anything which opposes him!! We need moar episodes stat!!!!!!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Mar 30, 2021 10:16 AM

Jun 2015
Why dont you people go argue about manga content on the manga forums and whether its missing from the anime, rather than coming to the anime forum and discuss something which is missing in your perception of what could have been, rather than just accepting what has been shown as its own story in anime form. Its pathetic. Your not cool or blessed with forbidden knowledge. Go discuss your manga stories somewhere else.

Dalane said:
Dukino said:

They won't be in part 2 since those cool scene their event have allready taken place so they can't really go back to them since they make up almost 3 episodes worth of stuff cut. Even the Veldora scene could atleast be alone 3/4 episode worth of screen time and they cut it way for fuck back
Mar 30, 2021 10:18 AM

May 2013
Nooooooooo It ended after Veldora finally is out
Mar 30, 2021 10:25 AM
Dec 2010
Roch2001 said:
Why dont you people go argue about manga content on the manga forums and whether its missing from the anime, rather than coming to the anime forum and discuss something which is missing in your perception of what could have been, rather than just accepting what has been shown as its own story in anime form. Its pathetic. Your not cool or blessed with forbidden knowledge. Go discuss your manga stories somewhere else.

Because what could have become a great season 2 ended up being a really REALLY mid show. They cut out all the things that would have made season 2 a great show like season 1, but they watered it down makeing it a mid as fuck show.
Mar 30, 2021 10:26 AM
Wings

Apr 2017

We all know the real reason why Rimuru decided to become a demon lord 😏
Mar 30, 2021 10:37 AM

Oct 2015
There is certainly so much going on right now with the Demon Lords, I'm wondering if now Rimuru could be in pair with Milim and I can't wait to see him fighting with his new powers and also what the others got as a gift.

So Veldora finally got released from the imprisonment, and then he just got a human form, I thought he would be with his dragon form and I was thinking how could he even visit Tempest haha.
Mar 30, 2021 10:39 AM
Oct 2019
Milim Vs Carrion fight was Intense...
Wow Milim was stronger than Carrion?

Finally Diablo got named by Rimuru, idk why but i think Diablo purposely want to serve Rimuru and got Named so he can level up...
Possibly hidden Agenda? Who knows.

Veldora is released and got Human Form.
Dope Character Design...

8/10 for Part 1

Next I'll enjoying the slice of life spin-off Tensura Nikki...
Mar 30, 2021 10:39 AM
Dec 2018
Farabeuf said:
Nurguburu said:

Good post. You sum up my feelings succintly. Every time there was some tension, some high stakes, we got rolled back to same ole' modus vivendi. I don't think I'll watch a S3 to be honest.

This season isn't technically finished. And the status quo is already kind of shattered, it's just on such a high scale (unironically so) that we as the viewer haven't been shown just exactly how the status quo is different/changed. The point where we are now is significantly different from the start of the season.
Mar 30, 2021 10:43 AM
Dec 2018
Dalane said:
Dukino said:

They skipped things in this episode which timeline wise could be swapped to the next cour of this season. (Shion's gift being introduced, Rimuru interrogating his prisoners of war, etc).
Mar 30, 2021 10:47 AM
Dec 2010
jaw201 said:
Dalane said:

They skipped things in this episode which timeline wise could be swapped to the next cour of this season. (Shion's gift being introduced, Rimuru interrogating his prisoners of war, etc).

They skipped a whole lot of dialog between Rimuru and Veldora, things that are kinda important before he takes the body double.
Mar 30, 2021 10:52 AM

Jun 2015
And this is why I am trying to tell you manga freaks to just fuck off and stop ruining people who only watch anime experience. Season 2 is already great, from everything I have experienced watching the show Im ranking it epic.

The last thing I need is people like you trying to dictate and project onto me a different narrative which has nothing to do with the show I'm watching. GFY.

Dalane said:
Roch2001 said:

Because what could have become a great season 2 ended up being a really REALLY mid show. They cut out all the things that would have made season 2 a great show like season 1, but they watered it down makeing it a mid as fuck show.
Mar 30, 2021 10:53 AM
Dec 2018
Dalane said:
jaw201 said:

They skipped a whole lot of dialog between Rimuru and Veldora, things that are kinda important before he takes the body double.

No? You could easily just swap that conversation to the next episode.
Mar 30, 2021 10:55 AM
Dec 2018
Dalane said:
Roch2001 said:

Again, this is due to executive meddling going all the way back to season 1, where they basically gutted half of volume 4 in order to reach Hinata at the end of season 1. That is the reason why we had 5 episodes of what are essentially flash back episodes.
Mar 30, 2021 10:56 AM
Jan 2017
finally veldora is back no worries about rimuru now, whatever he's facing he has veldora and that suspicious diablo
Mar 30, 2021 11:00 AM

Jul 2020
SHEEEESHHHH IM FUCKING HYPEDDDDD I knew this was gonna be one of my favorites isekais

Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 16, 2021

225 by SeventeenJebs »»
May 3, 3:53 PM

» I didn't like how Rimuru handled this arc to more precise he was too forgiving on that girl who used the barrier

Youbamii - Mar 22, 2021

43 by IAmKyle »»
May 1, 2:09 AM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2021

190 by Shocked »»
Apr 20, 10:19 PM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2021

239 by Shocked »»
Apr 20, 9:44 PM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2021

347 by louiboui08 »»
Apr 20, 5:01 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.