Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Bottom-Tier Character Tomozaki (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Mar 26, 2021 10:39 AM
May 2017
I liked this episode. I'm satisfied with his conclusion to be a hybrid player, it's also nice to see how confident in his beliefs he is. It got Aoi open to the idea that she may be wrong.

Overall, this was a pleasant watch. It's good to see the score pushed past the 6 margin. Final rating is a 8/10 for me
Mar 26, 2021 10:50 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
A hybrid between skills and true desires?? Wow so cool!! Tomozaki with his speeches though, definitely isn’t the same character from the beginning. Pretty significant growth. Even the monologues he has in his head show that.

I still don’t get the deal with hinami and why she got so upset when tomozaki revealed that he just wanted to be true to himself in the last episode. And if they explained that here, well, it wasn’t too clear and I didn’t pick up on it. Guess she just likes to be in control or something idk.

Anyway, a very satisfactory spot to end this season. If there’s more to come, great, I guess. But if that never comes, well then this is still a more than adequate ending that doesn’t leave you hanging. Wouldn’t mind having another season of pervy panning shots though! Fr though, this ended up being better than expected, especially after those super cringe first few episodes. The story developed itself into something somewhat competent, and has actually made me kind of interested as to where the story goes from here.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Mar 26, 2021 10:51 AM

Feb 2010
I still don't get how he convinced Aoi in the end and to why she ends up helping him anyway.

The good thing that I've sent is that he's actually developing feelings for Kikuchi instead of her just a background target character.
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Mar 26, 2021 10:52 AM

Mar 2016
Bruh angry/pouty Tomozaki when texting was adorable. For real I'm really liking Tomozaki man.

just wanna feel wanted by someone other than the police šŸ˜«
Mar 26, 2021 10:54 AM
Feb 2021
I don't undeerstand nanami's philosophy. She is putting effort and doing things she'd rather not but says that there is nothing as 'true desire'. She obviously has the desire to be number one in the game of life. If she doesn't, she can live hedonistically and do whatever she wants at the moment (knowing that it may not be true desire but then how does it matter).
So she obviously has some true desire for which she is sacrificing her momentary desires and living with masks and discomfort. Maybe she isn't coherent enough to figure out this inconsistency.
Mar 26, 2021 11:01 AM

Apr 2016
The biggest surprise of winter season. It was so great.. I need a 2nd season. I need my Mimimi
Final score 8/10

Mar 26, 2021 11:43 AM

Feb 2020
I guess this was alright in general. Essentially it was reverse Saekano or another Karekano according to some. It was very cringey for a lot of the anime, but I can appreciate the progression in some of the characters.

Now I'm not sure what the OVA will cover, but it will likely cover the next volume or so.

5/10 from me
Mar 26, 2021 11:45 AM

Dec 2020
Though I agree with those saying the final episode felt a little rushed, I really liked this anime overall. Tomozaki finally realised that the way they were doing things was helpful to a certain degree, thus he shouldn't force it. I absolutely loved his growth and how sweet and cute he is.

I'm not a fan of ongoing series, so I'm hoping for a Season two, but either way, this was a pleasant light watch!
Mar 26, 2021 12:04 PM

May 2016
Of all the heavy hitters this season, this show was the one I came to look forward most to watching every week. It wasn't as polished as Horimiya, and didn't have that "hook" like the Quints did, but I liked the characters overall better than either of the two other shows(Except for Yotsuba. A Yots and Mimimi pairing would be genki overload... :' )). I think the team did a pretty good job with the dialogue(And Dialogue+, lol); for the most part, it sounded believable.

9/10
"Genki is Life, Genki is Love"
Mar 26, 2021 12:38 PM

Apr 2020
Atleast in the final episode Fumiya set out things right with Hinami as they returned to their status quo, and their friendship reconciled. I find it funny that Hinami made Fumiya be a part-timer in a karaoke establishment, what is this Ruka and Kazuya? Oh well...

Things are now back to normal, his thing with Fuka is still going strong, and he and Hinami are still rivals in the game of Tackfam and in the game of life. Way back in December, this is one of the series that I was looking forward to, because not only does it fit my tastes when it comes to school romcom, it actually envigorated me to look to myself and think "yeah...this will fucking hit close to home".

And after 12 weeks of staying tuned, and 12 weeks of emotions, tasks, and friendship, I can say that it DID fulfill some of those hopes & expectations. As a man who is always stuck in his bubble, Fumiya and Hinami spoke to me that I can also change my life if I want to play the game that will change it. And right now, I'm still stuck like a stone but I think I can be swayed as time goes on.

7/10, a good enough series and hopefully it will get a 2nd season. I remembered like it was yesterday when I was hyping up this series...and now it's all over, goddamn time really flies fast.

Mar 26, 2021 1:13 PM

Apr 2018
That was a great way to end the season seeing Tomozaki and what his true goals are and what he wants.

Honestly at first this anime was slow but I really got into it twards the middle and after the election battle, it was nice. 8/10 Gonna check out the light novel for sure!
Mar 26, 2021 1:15 PM

Apr 2018
That was a great way to end the season seeing Tomozaki and what his true goals are and what he wants.

Honestly at first this anime was slow but I really got into it twards the middle and after the election battle, it was nice. 8/10 Gonna check out the light novel for sure!

Both the ED and OP were catchy as heck
Mar 26, 2021 3:21 PM

Dec 2015
Good show. Solid 8/10. Liked it a bit more than Oregairu. Nice chars. Especially the girls. Hoping for a 2nd season in the future.
Mar 26, 2021 4:48 PM

Nov 2011
My distain for Aoi continued even after this episode. it was an okay series, nothing too special. I'd like to see more of Tomozaki and Kikuchi so ill probably read the LN.

7/10
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Mar 26, 2021 5:07 PM
Jul 2018
last episode, I really liked the anime.
Mar 26, 2021 5:09 PM
May 2011
Solid series. Would watch a second season
Mar 26, 2021 5:14 PM

Sep 2013
Hinami should win the tomozaki bowl or mimimi.
I like his thoughts on the training and genuine mixing, hinami is too focused on goals alone.
Mar 26, 2021 5:17 PM

Apr 2015
After a slow burner of a show, it didn't have the most solid of endings. Hoping for a season two, cause it became a lot better after the first quarter of the show and I honestly just want to see more growth into these characters.

I am just glad that Tomozaki and Hinami made up and both will work on tackling this game called life. I just hope that Hinami will be a bit more reasonable with the tasks she will be giving to Tomozaki now.

7/10
Mar 26, 2021 5:38 PM
Nov 2019
7 / 10 - Just, Mimimi is best girl....

AOI is just a goal obsessed control freak. Probably wants to "Train" Tomozaki to be her ideal boyfriend so she can beat him in Takafam in his/her bedroom.

Mar 26, 2021 6:13 PM
Dec 2018
I think the original premise is a stretch, to be honest. Aoi's behaviour is not really easy to understand. She's far too manipulative, it is all well and good wanting to improve yourself, and telling him to get a part time job is great. But involving other people is just wrong, however you look at it.

I thought he was going to cave in to her and I would have been wondering what kind of message the author is trying to give. So I'm glad that he stood his ground, at least a bit. But I'm still not sure what message they are trying to send here. Aoi is just too manipulative and I don't see how she can 'win' in any way. She needs to be taught how to live her life as much as Tomozaki needs to improve.
Mar 26, 2021 6:33 PM
Feb 2021
Gab5 said:
I think the original premise is a stretch, to be honest. Aoi's behaviour is not really easy to understand. She's far too manipulative, it is all well and good wanting to improve yourself, and telling him to get a part time job is great. But involving other people is just wrong, however you look at it.

I thought he was going to cave in to her and I would have been wondering what kind of message the author is trying to give. So I'm glad that he stood his ground, at least a bit. But I'm still not sure what message they are trying to send here. Aoi is just too manipulative and I don't see how she can 'win' in any way. She needs to be taught how to live her life as much as Tomozaki needs to improve.

I mean, that's sort of the point of the conversation in this episode, Tomozaki pointing out that Hinami isn't the perfect goddess she claims to be, and that just as much as she helps him, she needs help herself in finding out how to really live. So he's going to try and help her.
Mar 26, 2021 6:49 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Gonna miss seeing my boy Tomozaki, he changed so much in these 12 episodes, and even made up with Hinami in a gamer philosophy debate lol, it was really cool tho, I really liked that scene. Also loved how he opened up to Kikuchi, which led to her opening up to him, very sweet stuff. I can definitely say this was an underdog show this season, I know some of the reviews are mixed but I felt it was a really good watch, excited for the OVAs and hope it gets a season 2. Also hope to see some of that Narita girl they showed near the end, potential good waifu lol, speaking of, Mimimi was definitely my favorite, liked her the most. Lastly, my Hinami theory ended up being wrong, which is good because it wasn’t a great theory.
Mar 26, 2021 7:23 PM
May 2016
Cashdax said:
I still don't get how he convinced Aoi in the end and to why she ends up helping him anyway.

The good thing that I've sent is that he's actually developing feelings for Kikuchi instead of her just a background target character.

He pulled out his only trump card, the only thing she isn't no 1 at, Tackfam. Saying he's right that's why he is better than her at Tackfam but if she's right she should be able to beat him.
Mar 26, 2021 8:52 PM
Apr 2020
Yep that's a good way to end. It's now Tomozaki's turn to to teach the real meaning of real life to Aoi.

I really like the way how the character developments in this series improved slowly but surely. Glad that each of them had enough screentme to showcase their personalities. Especially to Tomozaki, he really steps up from bottom tier to top tier at the end of the series.

I still don't know why some people are hating this anime.. I mean, this is related to our real life. Well for whatever the reason is, this anime is a good watch and certainly you will learn from it. I'll give this 8/10 final rate.

Hopefully we get an second season of this soon. They did introduce a new character at the end so there's a chance :)
Mar 26, 2021 9:00 PM

Jan 2020
It was pretty good. I thought the ending was pretty satisfying and as usual, Aoi is spamming the cheese lol

Mar 26, 2021 9:10 PM
Nov 2015
Funny thing is that this show is better than the overly praised Horimiya, which has even more of these "cringe" scenes some ppl have been complaining about in this thread.

Really solid SOL, the cast has charisma, and the dialogues aren't meant to be taken 100% seriously and you can tell, so I have no problem with all the "life is a game" stuff. Would easily watch a season 2.

Mar 26, 2021 10:36 PM
Dec 2020
This was a pretty good show. Liked Tomozaki’s speech and the music was cool. Aoi and Tomozaki back as buds and we cool. We’ll see if we get a another season tho Overall Pretty good.
Mar 26, 2021 11:29 PM
Jan 2021
This is the first speech that Tomozaki took in stride yeah he had a few hiccups but knowhere as cringy in previous ones I give the anime a 8/10 would love a season 2 but overall a satisfying ending in my book
Mar 26, 2021 11:30 PM

Nov 2017
Can’t wait to forget I ever watched this show in like a year or two lol
Mar 26, 2021 11:59 PM
Sep 2020
MenchiK1 said:
yvsei said:
this show really redeemed itself in the end, pretty satisfactory ending.

still can't really say it's worth watching though so 4/10

Dude a 4 is for garbage that was bad. A poor story, poor animation, poor acting. Anything with a satisfying ending has to at least be a 6.

A 4 is not "garbage". It's just below average. Learn how to rate.
Mar 27, 2021 12:09 AM
Nov 2020
Those "true desires" that Tomozaki and Hinami keep talking about ...aren't they simply just referring to sex?
Mar 27, 2021 12:10 AM
Sep 2015
I was wondering about how will they wrap the season in that last episode, but the final episode managed to fullfill my expectation and the way tomozaki and aoi reconcile was very logical and acceptable. Hope there will be a season 2.
Kikuchi was the favourite girl for me this season even though all the female and male supporting cast were also very good
Mar 27, 2021 1:08 AM

Apr 2014
"You cant tell if a game is godly or garbage without playing it"

This man's never heard of a review, I guess...
Mar 27, 2021 1:13 AM
Apr 2019
Boazanian said:
I guess this was alright in general. Essentially it was reverse Saekano or another Karekano according to some. It was very cringey for a lot of the anime, but I can appreciate the progression in some of the characters.

Now I'm not sure what the OVA will cover, but it will likely cover the next volume or so.

5/10 from me
reverse saekano? I don't think so. I'm not gonna spoil anything, but Hinami Aoi isn't that kind lol. She's not your ideal waifu and the reason she helps him isn't gonna be wholesome XD. I hope there'll be a S2. S2 will explore more about her
Mar 27, 2021 4:18 AM
May 2016
fogger said:
MenchiK1 said:

Dude a 4 is for garbage that was bad. A poor story, poor animation, poor acting. Anything with a satisfying ending has to at least be a 6.

A 4 is not "garbage". It's just below average. Learn how to rate.

Yeah not on this site.

Apr 2020
I wonder about Tsugumi presence, so that means we can hope for S2? Or is just for the OVA? Oregairu vibe is strong in this episode. Can't wait for the sequel.
Oct 2020
this really got me wanting season 2, hope its likely
Mar 27, 2021 6:11 AM
Mar 2021
I gave it a 9 rating before but after watching ep-12 my thoughts completely changed, I think that it deservers the right to be called 10/10 masterpiece from me.
Mar 27, 2021 6:28 AM

Oct 2016
Pretty good season finale! Hinami is of course too much, but we gotta admit it was her that helped Tomozaki try to become a better person in the game of life. And I think his solution was perfect and just what I wanted, it's for him to have a "hybrid playstyle" as he said. Integrating the skills he learned from Hinami into himself, that's the way to go. And at the same time Tomozaki can in turn teach Hinami a way to enjoy life more.

I kind of agree with Tomozaki's view on games, it's the same reason I love them, but of course I love anime, manga and games equally.

Love Kikuchi, Tomozaki was able to show her a world with color and she was able to help Tomozaki realize some things. Kikuchi best girl. I want to read the light novel but, I have a lot of other shit to read, so I hope there's a season 2 in the near future. Show started off rough, but it got better a lot as it went on. 7.5/10
sKyBlazer08Mar 27, 2021 6:31 AM
Mar 27, 2021 6:31 AM

Aug 2011
This was a very true-to-life series for some and it makes some great points.

I'm glad that Aoi and Tomozaki hashed things out and were able to maintain their friendship. It seems they both have similar goals, although Tomzaki appears to have gained some clarity, unlike Aoi.

Based on wanting to know the outcome, I would watch season 2, if it comes to fruition.

Mar 27, 2021 6:39 AM

Aug 2020
Nice! This episode was a great birthday present to me. I'm so happy Fumiya evolved from ep1 to the last one.

About the plot, it was simple but thought-provoking. We have Fumiya Tomozaki, a boy who wants to enjoy life's game, and Aoi Hinami, a popular student who volutarily gives him support on his task. The characters were fine in general. I think MC's relationship with Kikuchi needed a bit more development, but season 2 might solve this. The OST is very catchy and put a smile on my face, and the animation has a great quality. I just think that the story lacked a bit more, but I'm not complaining about the way the plot went. It was also very good.

Tomozaki's 180 degrees changing in ep11 was a bit ungrateful, considering what Hinami did for him all this time. But here in ep12 he seemed more grateful and kind. I'm glad that I chose this anime in my 4 random-picking animes of the season. It was a funny and insightful experience.

Mar 27, 2021 6:57 AM

Feb 2020
nabewry said:
Boazanian said:

5/10 from me
reverse saekano? I don't think so. I'm not gonna spoil anything, but Hinami Aoi isn't that kind lol. She's not your ideal waifu and the reason she helps him isn't gonna be wholesome XD. I hope there'll be a S2. S2 will explore more about her

I see. Been also wanting to know why Aoi decided to help him from the start, so hopefully something can cover the topic someday
Mar 27, 2021 7:11 AM
KDE Plasma

Jun 2012
kuwangpa said:
Those "true desires" that Tomozaki and Hinami keep talking about ...aren't they simply just referring to sex?

Not even close. The true desires are the goals that are aimed for in life. These might be goals in short term or even way longer term.
A desire to become something or achieve something. For example to build up a social status around himself, to get along people he trusts and also achieve the goal to even find out his true feelings towards the different girls around him.

He does not want to do this as a task, but he wants to do this as something he himself truly desires.
Mar 27, 2021 8:06 AM
Dec 2018
MugenNoShirayuki said:
Gab5 said:

I mean, that's sort of the point of the conversation in this episode, Tomozaki pointing out that Hinami isn't the perfect goddess she claims to be, and that just as much as she helps him, she needs help herself in finding out how to really live. So he's going to try and help her.

For sure. It makes for decent anime but is pretty far fetched. The idea that his sister noticed the slump in a few days was quite ridiculous. Maybe his family would be better suited to helping him? Aoi is not a reliable teacher at all. And probably too stubborn to be taught. But its a comedy so might be worth following to see how they settle things. Her messing with other people is just wrong, though.
Mar 27, 2021 8:50 AM
Feb 2021
Gab5 said:

The idea that his sister noticed the slump in a few days was quite ridiculous.

I wasn't a few days. The LN clarified he was in that state for two full weeks.
Mar 27, 2021 9:02 AM

Feb 2019
Not a bad ending, makes me want a season 2 as soon as possible! And I definitely ship Tomozaki and Aoi more with this ending. Somehow they just fit so well when eating together.

Not sure for score, either 7 or 8. Gotta say the ending did not reach the same quality as the penultimate episode so I'll need to think about it.
Mar 27, 2021 1:16 PM

Mar 2014
I just want another season so I can get more Fuku and Tomozaki together, gosh they make a good pair!

The way she listened and understood all of his issues at once like that, made my heart leap for a bit. Girls like Fuku are just a breath of relief!
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Mar 27, 2021 2:55 PM
Dec 2020
I Enjoyed this series alot and hinami idealism of no true desire I truly understand her point . 8/10
Mar 27, 2021 3:02 PM
Dec 2018
MugenNoShirayuki said:
Gab5 said:

The idea that his sister noticed the slump in a few days was quite ridiculous.

I wasn't a few days. The LN clarified he was in that state for two full weeks.

I wasn't reading the LN but he should have been able to retain some skills after a fortnight. He should never become reliant on Aoi.

If this continues, I hope to see him bringing her down a peg or two. Now that he has met other people, her manipulation has nothing to teach him. I hope at no stage will he see her as a viable romance option, although that is probably too much too hope for, unless she does a total 360 and admits all her mistakes.
Mar 27, 2021 3:46 PM
Feb 2021
Gab5 said:

I wasn't reading the LN but he should have been able to retain some skills after a fortnight. He should never become reliant on Aoi.

If this continues, I hope to see him bringing her down a peg or two. Now that he has met other people, her manipulation has nothing to teach him. I hope at no stage will he see her as a viable romance option, although that is probably too much too hope for, unless she does a total 360 and admits all her mistakes.

He did retain the skills, as shown by how he put effort into his appearance later. He just didn't feel like he should use them or that there was any point, because he was just a bottom-tier character.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» Anyone else disappointed on whom does tomozaki date? (LN SPOILERS)

Elma_fer - Mar 20, 2021

23 by Mikhail0703 »»
Mar 28, 4:07 AM

Poll: » Jaku-Chara Tomozaki-kun Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jan 15, 2021

124 by SaulN9903 »»
Mar 9, 9:41 PM

Poll: » Which is your favorite ship?

TheCryBabyHero - Nov 22, 2023

15 by Fail_Man_X »»
Mar 7, 1:27 PM

Poll: » Jaku-Chara Tomozaki-kun Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2021

201 by Komlan_6 »»
Feb 25, 8:03 PM

Poll: » Jaku-Chara Tomozaki-kun Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2021

123 by Komlan_6 »»
Feb 25, 7:12 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.