Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »
Apr 23, 2021 9:51 AM

Nov 2013
I loved this anime so much that I immediately started reading the novel after finishing watching the first season.
People who wrote those dumb reviews giving it a low rating have terrible taste. I mean, just look at how beautiful are the buildings and the characters' clothes. Just the visuals of the anime make a low rating objectively wrong. And the story is basically just as exciting as the one of Re:Zero.
“Right is right even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it.”
― Saint Augustine
Apr 23, 2021 10:09 AM
Mar 2021
Mummykun said:
I loved this anime so much that I immediately started reading the novel after finishing watching the first season.
People who wrote those dumb reviews giving it a low rating have terrible taste. I mean, just look at how beautiful are the buildings and the characters' clothes. Just the visuals of the anime make a low rating objectively wrong. And the story is basically just as exciting as the one of Re:Zero.

Ignore them, the show is highly ranked and popular, reviewer putting less than 5 are just losing any form of credibility (if they had any).
Apr 24, 2021 7:33 PM

Jun 2013
I have to say the anime some amazing production value and I guess that's where they primarily get high ratings for. The story is interesting and there are a lot of things going on but it can also be boring and confusing at times.

However, I am not a fan of prepubescent characters and it was uncomfortable watching a 34 year old perverted ugly bastard in a body of a child. That character just has that pedo predator vibe. Surprising that people are bashing Redo the Healer but are okay with Jobless Incarnation. I just hope the author tones this down a bit or he might need to "have a seat" with a Japanese Chris Hansen one day LOL. Anyways apart from that Rudeus's character is a pretty generic isekai'd NEET.
Apr 25, 2021 2:19 AM

Nov 2013
I-Jitsu said:
I have to say the anime some amazing production value and I guess that's where they primarily get high ratings for. The story is interesting and there are a lot of things going on but it can also be boring and confusing at times.

However, I am not a fan of prepubescent characters and it was uncomfortable watching a 34 year old perverted ugly bastard in a body of a child. That character just has that pedo predator vibe. Surprising that people are bashing Redo the Healer but are okay with Jobless Incarnation. I just hope the author tones this down a bit or he might need to "have a seat" with a Japanese Chris Hansen one day LOL. Anyways apart from that Rudeus's character is a pretty generic isekai'd NEET.

But now he really has a body of a child. It's not like he is a 34 years old man disguised as a child, and this makes the whole difference because it means that his body functions differently. He even said that he didn't get excited sucking his mother's breast, and guessed that it was probably because she was his mother (which was also a great comment because it goes against Freud's incestuous bullshit), for example, and this makes clear that his sexual disposition is related to his child's body, and not to his spiritual one. And I think this makes sense because sexuality is a lot more an instinctive thing than a conscious one. So this doesn't change his curiosity to touch breasts, like the maid's, and see women naked, which is indeed a sign that he is still a pervert, and clearly a flaw that he has to fix, but I'm quite sure it's not like he was having an erection in those scenes, and I also don't think that anything he did can really be seen as a sign of paedophilia. He didn't show signs of being a pervert towards Sylphiette, for example; His relationship with her seemed to be very pure, just like kids in real life also grow attached to another kid of the opposite sex despite not feeling sexually aroused. And I don't remember exactly their ages when Rudeus and Eris were sitting on the bed together, but I'm quite sure that they had already reached the beginning of puberty, or were close to it, and he was younger than her, so I don't think that was so bad. His attitude in that scene was still wrong, though, and it was admittedly stated that his attitude was wrong, but as a perverted child, and not really as a perverted adult disguised as a child, since, again, his body looks and functions as the one of a child, which is what really matters.
ColtBuntlineApr 25, 2021 6:06 AM
“Right is right even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it.”
― Saint Augustine
Apr 25, 2021 11:23 AM

Jun 2013
Mummykun said:
I-Jitsu said:

But now he really has a body of a child. It's not like he is a 34 years old man disguised as a child, and this makes the whole difference because it means that his body functions differently. He even said that he didn't get excited sucking his mother's breast, and guessed that it was probably because she was his mother (which was also a great comment because it goes against Freud's incestuous bullshit), for example, and this makes clear that his sexual disposition is related to his child's body, and not to his spiritual one. And I think this makes sense because sexuality is a lot more an instinctive thing than a conscious one. So this doesn't change his curiosity to touch breasts, like the maid's, and see women naked, which is indeed a sign that he is still a pervert, and clearly a flaw that he has to fix, but I'm quite sure it's not like he was having an erection in those scenes, and I also don't think that anything he did can really be seen as a sign of paedophilia. He didn't show signs of being a pervert towards Sylphiette, for example; His relationship with her seemed to be very pure, just like kids in real life also grow attached to another kid of the opposite sex despite not feeling sexually aroused. And I don't remember exactly their ages when Rudeus and Eris were sitting on the bed together, but I'm quite sure that they had already reached the beginning of puberty, or were close to it, and he was younger than her, so I don't think that was so bad. His attitude in that scene was still wrong, though, and it was admittedly stated that his attitude was wrong, but as a perverted child, and not really as a perverted adult disguised as a child, since, again, his body looks and functions as the one of a child, which is what really matters.

Lol are you seriously trying to justify his actions? The fact is that he is clearly a 34 year old pervert in mind and soul disguised as child. Having a body of a child doesn't absolve his actions that are driven by the mind of a lustful man. And just because he doesn't have an erection(because he can't) doesn't mean his intentions were not pedo-like. Also what kind of reasoning is that "they had already reached the beginning of puberty, or were close to it, and he was younger than her, so I don't think that was so bad". So as long as they hit puberty it's okay? Unlike Rudeus those girls are literally preteens in mind and body. How does their sexualization(especially of Eris) make it okay? Remember it wasn't a child that tried sexually assault Eris but a 34 year old pervert disguised as child. Tell me what would've happened had Eris not resisted. Okay forget Rudeus for a minute and let's talk about the Shirone prince who himself is a preteen yet he was groping Roxy like it's normal. Like what is the author trying to convey to his audience? Anyways I have said I what I wanted in the previous post so for me it's not worth discussing this topic anymore.
Apr 25, 2021 12:42 PM

Nov 2013
I-Jitsu said:
Mummykun said:

Lol are you seriously trying to justify his actions? The fact is that he is clearly a 34 year old pervert in mind and soul disguised as child. Having a body of a child doesn't absolve his actions that are driven by the mind of a lustful man. And just because he doesn't have an erection(because he can't) doesn't mean his intentions were not pedo-like. Also what kind of reasoning is that "they had already reached the beginning of puberty, or were close to it, and he was younger than her, so I don't think that was so bad". So as long as they hit puberty it's okay? Unlike Rudeus those girls are literally preteens in mind and body. How does their sexualization(especially of Eris) make it okay? Remember it wasn't a child that tried sexually assault Eris but a 34 year old pervert disguised as child. Tell me what would've happened had Eris not resisted. Okay forget Rudeus for a minute and let's talk about the Shirone prince who himself is a preteen yet he was groping Roxy like it's normal. Like what is the author trying to convey to his audience? Anyways I have said I what I wanted in the previous post so for me it's not worth discussing this topic anymore.

Like I said, it's true that he is still a pervert, but my point is that his actions are not those of a paedophile, because he has the body of a child. You repeated that he is "disguised as a child", but that's just wrong. He has the body of a child now, he spent 10 years getting used to that body, and he didn't even know that his soul still had the shape of a fat 34 years old man until he met the "God". For us who saw him developing his body very fast it may seem like it's just a 34 years old man in the body of a child, but from his own point of view it makes sense to live normally as a child, and to feel romantically attracted to children of his age.
I argue that it would only be okay for them to do sex if they were already married, so that's not necessarily okay even if they reach puberty. The problem that has to be discussed is the extent of how bad his actions are.
He didn't try to sexually assault Eris. He even kept repeating in his monologue the question about whether or not it was really okay to do have sex with her there. He thought that he had her consent, and that's why he began to touch her. It wasn't a matter of "resisting", but of allowing or not. She allowed him until a certain point, but then she hit him saying that she was only allowing him to do a bit of perverted thing, though it could be argued that it sounded like a manner of speaking. And it's undeniable that she was really allowing him to touch her and even closing her eyes as if giving herself to him. So that is one of the times in which she was wrong in hitting him like she did. I'm quite sure that he would have stopped touching her if she had simply used words to tell him to stop, like she really could have done.
If there's consent from both sides then it's not a sexual assault.
The Shirone prince is obviously a worthless pervert for groping Roxy, but the author never showed those scenes as if they were normal, since they always ended with Roxy using magic to burn him. So if the author is trying to convey anything it is that perverts should get what they deserve. Though I believe that her best course of action would be to leave that house and stop teaching that pervert. So, yes, it's a sign of bad writing indeed, but just not paedophilia propaganda, since she is resisting and making him feel a lot of pain for what he does.
― Saint Augustine
Apr 29, 2021 5:52 PM
Sep 2015
This was a pretty good show.
Wandering if there is a Demon God Fourier
May 1, 2021 11:58 PM
Nov 2020
Mummykun said:
I-Jitsu said:

Like I said, it's true that he is still a pervert, but my point is that his actions are not those of a paedophile, because he has the body of a child. You repeated that he is "disguised as a child", but that's just wrong. He has the body of a child now, he spent 10 years getting used to that body, and he didn't even know that his soul still had the shape of a fat 34 years old man until he met the "God". For us who saw him developing his body very fast it may seem like it's just a 34 years old man in the body of a child, but from his own point of view it makes sense to live normally as a child, and to feel romantically attracted to children of his age.
I argue that it would only be okay for them to do sex if they were already married, so that's not necessarily okay even if they reach puberty. The problem that has to be discussed is the extent of how bad his actions are.
He didn't try to sexually assault Eris. He even kept repeating in his monologue the question about whether or not it was really okay to do have sex with her there. He thought that he had her consent, and that's why he began to touch her. It wasn't a matter of "resisting", but of allowing or not. She allowed him until a certain point, but then she hit him saying that she was only allowing him to do a bit of perverted thing, though it could be argued that it sounded like a manner of speaking. And it's undeniable that she was really allowing him to touch her and even closing her eyes as if giving herself to him. So that is one of the times in which she was wrong in hitting him like she did. I'm quite sure that he would have stopped touching her if she had simply used words to tell him to stop, like she really could have done.
If there's consent from both sides then it's not a sexual assault.
The Shirone prince is obviously a worthless pervert for groping Roxy, but the author never showed those scenes as if they were normal, since they always ended with Roxy using magic to burn him. So if the author is trying to convey anything it is that perverts should get what they deserve. Though I believe that her best course of action would be to leave that house and stop teaching that pervert. So, yes, it's a sign of bad writing indeed, but just not paedophilia propaganda, since she is resisting and making him feel a lot of pain for what he does.

Cuih... still love this anime
May 5, 2021 5:35 AM

Jul 2017
Great episode to wrap up what's been a fantastic season after the rewatch. I even loved the ED fanservice scenes, showing a part of their adventures condensed into that form with the minimal animation and frames, pretty charming stuff for the most part there, and it was nice seeing Ruijerd and Rudeus clear the toxic air between them after what's happened with them recently, as they two and Eris truly feel like a team now with each of them caring a lot of their peers' lives. The action in this episode was really well done too, even if it didn't last too long.

I went into this show initially with negative thoughts but after reading the LNs, found the season to be a good one. But after months of thinking about how great the LNs are, decided to rewatch the first season of the anime slowly and my god was it amazing. Terrific world building, pacing, development throughout with an excellent adaptation from Studio Bind, as the staff put so much love and effort into animating this series. One of the best adaptations of source material I've seen in recent memory from newer shows. And the content to go with the adaptation was fantastic too, so this season went from good to an amazing experience overall and got me pumped up for Season 2 when that starts in 2 months. Would rate it probably around a 9.75/10, a top 20 favorite on MAL for sure. I had no real complaints for this season, and was blown away by a lot, especially considering its an isekai whereas I haven't really encountered other 'good' ones, closest ones forcing a lot of gimmicks to get reactions out of people while this show is just a simple isekai adventure done with so much detail. So, so good.
May 6, 2021 4:38 AM

Mar 2015
Really can't wait for the next season!!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
May 8, 2021 9:50 AM
Jul 2020
Well if this isn't the greatest isekai in making I dont know what it is . 10/10
May 10, 2021 4:45 PM

Feb 2013
This show's top reviews are all downvote brigades lol, i think this show is awesome - such great character development, this episode proved that it is willing to break its formula so i'm looking forward to season 2 :D
✈️
May 14, 2021 9:08 AM
Dec 2020
Well for me I thought the stuff in the begining if were to be placed at the ending could've been a better climax. I'm not saying what happened was bad it was great but the thing with Paul,loosing his family and then going to zeneth's home continent was a better book end for the season
May 31, 2021 2:34 PM
Jan 2021
The episode itself wasn't the best conclusion as others have expressed in this forum, but I got a major issue with the people in the town that Dead End was staying.

Why are they all absolute morons? They know what Ruijerd looks like but they can't recognize him purely because he has BLUE HAIR?!?!??! Literally nothing else has changed physically but the hair alone makes people believe that he isn't a Superd? These people need some common sense.
Jun 1, 2021 5:10 AM

Aug 2019
KingBaller06 said:
The episode itself wasn't the best conclusion as others have expressed in this forum, but I got a major issue with the people in the town that Dead End was staying.

Why are they all absolute morons? They know what Ruijerd looks like but they can't recognize him purely because he has BLUE HAIR?!?!??! Literally nothing else has changed physically but the hair alone makes people believe that he isn't a Superd? These people need some common sense.

They only know that Superd's have green hair and gem in their forehead, nothing else. They don't have a picture of him on their smart phones...
Ruijerd is over 400 years old, and he spent most of it isolated from people. So they don't have a clue what he really looks like aside from those two things.
Changing hair color is a modern thing from Rudi's world. People don't do it on the Demon Continent so they never suspected anything.
And Ruijerd's spear was always wrapped up so they couldn't see that also.
Jun 1, 2021 2:17 PM
Jan 2021
Yaggamy said:
KingBaller06 said:

They only know that Superd's have green hair and gem in their forehead, nothing else. They don't have a picture of him on their smart phones...
Ruijerd is over 400 years old, and he spent most of it isolated from people. So they don't have a clue what he really looks like aside from those two things.
Changing hair color is a modern thing from Rudi's world. People don't do it on the Demon Continent so they never suspected anything.
And Ruijerd's spear was always wrapped up so they couldn't see that also.

Doesn't matter. As I've explained, given the response of the people as soon as the dye in his hair was washed away everyone knew that he was specifically Ruijerd, AKA Dead End. Hair color alone isn't a sufficient disguise and therefore they should've known it was him given that the rest of his appearance remained the same.
Jun 2, 2021 12:25 AM
Mar 2021
KingBaller06 said:

Doesn't matter. As I've explained, given the response of the people as soon as the dye in his hair was washed away everyone knew that he was specifically Ruijerd, AKA Dead End. Hair color alone isn't a sufficient disguise and therefore they should've known it was him given that the rest of his appearance remained the same.

You will get your answer in the second course.
Jun 2, 2021 12:11 PM
Jan 2021
3kys said:
KingBaller06 said:

You will get your answer in the second course.

Second course? This isn't a five course restaurant what are you talking about?
Jun 2, 2021 10:26 PM

May 2016
Months ago I was about to leave this series in the first half of the first episode because it was a sexualized and degrading way of treating women, but I was stupid and was fooled by the high rating they give this scum of series and it I gave another try, but hey was I wrong in thinking that it could be good because of the high score. Just another story of a frustrated pedophile who gets an isekai and women who can't be more than submissive girls who melt for a man (if you don't share my opinion read who Rudy is marrying), what a waste of time.

The only thing that makes me happy is that despite the high rating, the winning reviews are the negative ones for this anime.
Jun 3, 2021 2:06 AM
Mar 2021
KingBaller06 said:

Second cour of the first season.
Jun 3, 2021 12:15 PM
Jan 2021
3kys said:
KingBaller06 said:

What? Do you mean the SECOND SEASON?!
Jun 3, 2021 1:34 PM
Nov 2019
Originally Season 1 was announced as a 2 cour season with 11 episodes in the first cour. The second part has been delayed until Fall-21 and is now being called season 2 for some reason.

I've read all the LN and even if people hate the character "Rudy" the actual LN is good and so far the adaptation is doing a reasonably good job of telling the story, character & world building - which is what counts. It's not Re:Zero but it's not trying to be Re:Zero.

Most people will see MT as a fairly predictable Isekai with OP MC, harem, ecchi + splash of very questionable sexual deviance.

On the plus point it's not "Isekai Cheat Magician" or another bland, dense MC, cardboard cut out characters, power fantasy that there seems to be an increasing amount churned out each season.

As for the criticism over the Rujard thing. Superd's are only described as warriors with bright green hair and a red jewel on their foreheads - this is also why Silphy was being bullied, because she had bright green hair and anyone with green hair was to be feared or hated...

The same as Roxy's tribe they all have bright blue hair and look like children as they age slowly - Roxy is the same physical age as Rudy was when they first meet and they can live over 150 years - this is why she looks a bit loli.

So by dying Rujard's hair or shaving it off and hiding the red jewel - he just looks like any other demon-race warrior - in the LN I'm pretty sure they also stuck a helmet on him to hide his har/jewel when they entered the demon town

Jun 3, 2021 7:01 PM

Apr 2013
KingBaller06 said:
3kys said:

It's still 1st season but part 2, just like how Slime Tensei season 2 and Attack of Titan season 4. It's called split cour for a reason. Second season hasn't been announced yet, what has been announced is season 1 part 2 which will aired in Fall 2021.
Jun 4, 2021 12:26 PM
Jan 2021
Angry_onion said:
KingBaller06 said:

It's still 1st season but part 2, just like how Slime Tensei season 2 and Attack of Titan season 4. It's called split cour for a reason. Second season hasn't been announced yet, what has been announced is season 1 part 2 which will aired in Fall 2021.

The second season was announced in the ending of the latest episode of Mushoku Tensei.
Jun 4, 2021 3:20 PM

Apr 2013
KingBaller06 said:
Angry_onion said:

The second season was announced in the ending of the latest episode of Mushoku Tensei.

That was a mistranslation by funimation, every anime news outlet and even the official website of Mushoku Tensei said it was 2nd cour. If you can read Japanese you will see the terms as 2nd cour not 2nd season. https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2021-03-21/mushoku-tensei-jobless-reincarnation-anime-continues-with-part-2/.170894
Jun 5, 2021 5:22 PM
Anti-social One

Mar 2013
Will we see the demon kid and the alligator(?) again?
Jun 5, 2021 7:14 PM
Jan 2021
Angry_onion said:
KingBaller06 said:

That was a mistranslation by funimation, every anime news outlet and even the official website of Mushoku Tensei said it was 2nd cour. If you can read Japanese you will see the terms as 2nd cour not 2nd season. https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2021-03-21/mushoku-tensei-jobless-reincarnation-anime-continues-with-part-2/.170894

Unless Funimation confirms this I'm going to assume that to be absolute cap.
Jun 6, 2021 2:32 PM

Feb 2018
Ruijerd has a short temper but he's a good guy.. Hopefully in the next season we will see Rudy re-reuniting with Roxy ^
Jun 10, 2021 7:08 PM

Aug 2017
Rudeus let one of the kids die for the sake of making an epic last minute entrance lmao.

It was a good isekai. The controversy around this show was pretty stupid and over-the-top, they missed the whole point of this anime. I'm hyped for the next part in Fall. 7/10 for the anime.
NurguburuJun 10, 2021 7:23 PM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jun 28, 2021 8:24 AM
Jun 2021
My first time loving an isekai anime this much looking forward to 2nd season oct 2021
You could read the manga though..
Jul 8, 2021 3:23 PM

Apr 2019
Just gonna throw it out there that parts of this story (mostly the overall) remind me of a web-novel called "Foxtails and Fairytales" (by Nathaniel Wilhelm). I doubt either is based off the other, they are far too different, but I can draw a lot of parallels. If you liked this anime and would like to see something else with a bit more wholesome of a tone, I would recommend it. It isn't on MAL though so I can't do it there.
I use and recommend MAL-Sync, a free, open-source tool that tracks progress on a large number of sites, delivers episode notifications, syncs across tracking websites, and adds extra information such as where to read/watch right on the MAL website. I also recommend Tachiyomi, another open-sourced software, which runs on most mobile devices, allows manga reading from a variety of sources, and tracks to various websites using their APIs
[url=https://myanimelist.net/animelist/catt0s&sclick=1]
Jul 10, 2021 8:50 PM
Mar 2016
Final thoughts: Getting through this show was a drag. It was just so goddamn boring. I don't get it, why is it so popular? Is it because it looks pretty? well if that's where the standards lie then i'm worried about this medium.
Second of all i'm fine with a show being horny and mc being lustful but holy fuck this is literal pe*ophillia, ya'll are defending a pe*o!!!. But honestly over the time period i'm pretty sure that this community is teeming with pe*os themselves so I don't expect anything better. Again portrayal of anything isn't bad, but these repulsive things such as rape, cheating, grooming and molesting isn't just portrayed here, it is full on depicted as something that is okay if the MC is doing other good things.
This show would've been good if rudy wasn't a 40 y old. If he was fully reincarnated. His character growth is absolutely shit. The redemption arc is just an excuse here fuck off.

that being said, I really like the final episode. The animation and direction here was fantastic. Perhaps the only enjoyable episode of this show.

Overall 3/10...maybe even 2 but whatever I'm glad i'm done with this garbage.
Aug 21, 2021 10:34 AM

Apr 2016
I honestly don't know what the ruckus was about ...

From all the isekai shit we getting every season this was above average in every aspect, in its production value, animation .. and yes, even in its writing. I especially enjoyed that from the first moment the mc-kun opens his eyes we are not saving the literal universe but taking it slowly. Tho some of the motivations of some characters are still a mystery to me ? Like the maid, what was her deal ? She horny, gets knocked, then mc-kun saves her and she swears eternal loyalty to him ? That was fucking stupid no gonna lie. I get that this show is sexual, very sexual .. i knew that the moment we saw parents banging like animals but still.

In regards to the animation, i don't know what some people smoke but the animation was pretty darn consistent throught the entire show, again from all the isekai we are seeing every season this was above the standards we usually get. And if people have problem with the mc on personal level, go fucking touch a grass or something.

7/10, don't remember last time i ranked isekai this high and i will definitely watch the S2.
Sep 1, 2021 11:58 PM

Oct 2016
What a cheap studio. They could've done a normal 12 or 13 episode package, instead of a weird 11, considering no episode has double length...
TrueDragonPrinceSep 7, 2021 3:58 PM
Sep 4, 2021 7:43 PM

May 2009
Holy shit, why are most of top reviews done by sjw snowflakes.
TrueDragonPrince said:
What cheap studio. They could've done a normal 12 or 13 episode package, instead of a weird 11, considering no episode has double length...

That's not how production of anime works, they have been paid to make 11 episodes because production commitee bough this many timeslots in programming schedule. Also covidshit cause production delays, that's why 2nd cour is set for Fall not Summer like originally.
Sep 5, 2021 10:42 AM

Dec 2013
I liked it, I had a good time. Rudy was definitely carrying the show, made me laugh out loud at almost each episode.
Roxy best girl.
7/10
Sep 7, 2021 4:02 PM

Oct 2016
bastek66 said:
TrueDragonPrince said:
What cheap studio. They could've done a normal 12 or 13 episode package, instead of a weird 11, considering no episode has double length...

That's not how production of anime works, they have been paid to make 11 episodes because production commitee bough this many timeslots in programming schedule. Also covidshit cause production delays, that's why 2nd cour is set for Fall not Summer like originally.

Let's not blame covid. People can work comfortably from home and other measures can be taken to ensure productivity in offices while managing risks, instead of slacking off like many people I know. Also, production decisions do not affect whether I like the number of episodes or not.
Sep 7, 2021 7:41 PM

May 2009
TrueDragonPrince said:
bastek66 said:

Let's not blame covid. People can work comfortably from home and other measures can be taken to ensure productivity in offices while managing risks, instead of slacking off like many people I know. Also, production decisions do not affect whether I like the number of episodes or not.

Series was announced for ~23 episodes, either first of second half would have 11 and other 12 episode and you would whine baselessly anyway.
Sep 10, 2021 12:05 PM

Oct 2016
bastek66 said:
TrueDragonPrince said:

Series was announced for ~23 episodes, either first of second half would have 11 and other 12 episode and you would whine baselessly anyway.

The only thing I can answer to you is: "Ok, Karen."
Sep 10, 2021 1:27 PM

May 2009
TrueDragonPrince said:
bastek66 said:

The only thing I can answer to you is: "Ok, Karen."

Says a animebaby with issues.
Sep 10, 2021 6:25 PM

May 2017
this last episode was a banger man! the last few episodes, ever since the demon arc began were quite solid!

the production of this season was out of the roof. I don't know anything about Studio Bind, this is literally their first anime. But man are they starting out strong.

The character animation and the art was super super good, and not just that but they never really relied on any CG at all. Which is absolutely mind-boggling considering it is the year 2021 and this is a tv anime. Even movies nowadays for example the newest evangelion movie rely on 3D evas. Why? Idk guess they either had production issues or they got too lazy.

Having dragons, giant snakes etc fully animated in 2D, in a TV production is insane. They weren't just 2d but they were also highly detailed.

The constant use of 2d backgrounds as well, instead of having cg backgrounds (which I don't mind in anime) is just so impressive.

It's not that this anime had its peaks and declined afterwards, no the animation was consistent, every fight looked super good, and even character acting was phenomenal.

This anime really spoiled me when it comes to the animation front.

Now the rest of the show wasn't as impressive, the plot progressed relatively slow. The plot felt aimless, slice of life-ish and it was quite frankly a tad bit boring. Thankfully we had the stellar animation that held it together for pretty much the entire run.

I like how Rudeus reacts to death and violence in general. I like that he is somewhat traumatized by these events. That trait gives him a lot of personality. He's a depressed, lonesome pervert but it is as if he really developed a second personality as Rudeus. He's caring, smart but also does stupid things at times which any normal kid would do.

The side cast is whatever, don't really care about any of em, but I do enjoy the newly build trio of rudeus, ruijerd and eris. Like I said, ever since the demon arc started, things have improved quite a bit.

I didn't think I would put the 2nd season on my plan to watch list after watching like 8 episodes, but this last arc gave me a bit of hope. I just hope they can somehow keep the production value up. I highly doubt it though.
shayed__Sep 10, 2021 6:33 PM
Sep 25, 2021 2:08 PM
May 2020
•Afffs tudo dando errado pra lado do Ruded. També estava tentando pensar em tudo sozinho.
•Em fim, que bom que foi tudo resolvido.
•Aguardo ansioso pela próxima temporada pois gostei muito desse anime .
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh que tanto ver a Roxy.
Sep 30, 2021 2:00 PM

May 2018
oh god Rujierd looks awful with his hair cut xD

rip those adventurers. 8/10 this show is amazing because I love waifus and I love flat chests and boobie bahonkers UwU looking forward to season 2 now
Sep 30, 2021 2:03 PM

May 2018
TTagain said:
Final thoughts: Getting through this show was a drag. It was just so goddamn boring. I don't get it, why is it so popular? Is it because it looks pretty? well if that's where the standards lie then i'm worried about this medium.
Second of all i'm fine with a show being horny and mc being lustful but holy fuck this is literal pe*ophillia, ya'll are defending a pe*o!!!. But honestly over the time period i'm pretty sure that this community is teeming with pe*os themselves so I don't expect anything better. Again portrayal of anything isn't bad, but these repulsive things such as rape, cheating, grooming and molesting isn't just portrayed here, it is full on depicted as something that is okay if the MC is doing other good things.
This show would've been good if rudy wasn't a 40 y old. If he was fully reincarnated. His character growth is absolutely shit. The redemption arc is just an excuse here fuck off.

that being said, I really like the final episode. The animation and direction here was fantastic. Perhaps the only enjoyable episode of this show.

Overall 3/10...maybe even 2 but whatever I'm glad i'm done with this garbage.

of course you cannot comprehend the beauty of lolis and flat chests you uncultured swine.
Sep 30, 2021 4:11 PM

Jul 2017
Finished rewatching it (again), ready now for the 2nd season to air in these next few days. I enjoyed this season surprisingly even more than the previous watches, so it's somehow aged better with time which I didn't expect. I liked the glimpses of adventure showcased in these past few episodes, but they're only a tease for the full-adventure-based season 2 that'll start in a few days. The ending sequence/montage was nice as usual, good to see it creditless and the action and direction in this episode is strong with the fight scenes, hope that quality's maintained with the second season from Studio Bind.

Rating on MAL's a 10 for this season again, more accurately a 9.8/10. But it's a 12/10 at least compared to literally every other isekai I've seen which I'm glad to affirm with this rewatch.
Oct 3, 2021 10:29 PM
Apr 2018
Ended well. Maybe I will go through its LN!

A Masterpiece for me, especially the episode 08 ; that dragon scene & the sudden mana surge ; spine chilling!

Looking forward to season 2 for sure.

Thank You!
Oct 12, 2021 2:08 PM

Feb 2019
This anime is so beautiful.

DEAD END.

Ruijerd is so strong, he looks good after shaving his head, he looks like a badass monk.

Warrior's pride, Ruijerd will protect Rudy and Eris no matter what.

Eris is too adorable.

The gritty reality in this isekai, shit gets real and people really die if you don't act.

Also, Zenith, Lilia and Aisha are missing. Oh no.
Based_DepartmentOct 16, 2021 3:18 PM
Based Certified.
I love anime armpits.
Oct 18, 2021 10:51 PM

Nov 2013
Seemed rushed toward the end. So they're gonna continue in a second season.
Okay, but not outstanding, IMHO.
Oct 26, 2021 1:49 AM

Apr 2009
Zenith, Lilia and Aisha are missing, what about Sylphie? Paul didn't mention her. She's not immediate family but close enough for Rudeus to care.

Ah whatever and to heck with his childhood schemes, he's too late and too slow to decide.

Anyway it seems Roxy and Rudy are arriving at the same destination in the end?

7/10 Good enough.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Oct 31, 2021 8:35 AM
Jul 2021
I really loved the fighting scenes, especially when Eris helped save the other party
Pages (10) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MegamiRem - Dec 31, 2020

414 by MRP044 »»
May 13, 9:45 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2021

230 by marta_valse »»
May 12, 8:01 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2021

337 by marta_valse »»
May 11, 5:01 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2021

440 by marta_valse »»
May 11, 4:23 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2021

297 by marta_valse »»
May 9, 11:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.