Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 »
Mar 23, 2021 3:32 AM
Dec 2020
I need help understanding Grisha's actions and some of Zeke's words. If any of the answers to my questions are manga spoilers, please do not spoil and let me know that it is answered later. I will delete my comment if it is.

He got ratted out by Zeke about his involvement with the Eldian restorationists, then received the Attack Titan from the Owl. After that, he somehow made his way to Wall Maria, where he was greeted by Keith Shadis.

Upon meeting Keith, it seems like Grisha has lost all of his memories, including the fact that he comes from Liberio, and possesses the Attack Titan, and does not realise that he's living with the so called 'Eldian island devils'. He also marries Carla Yeager. But at some point, he definitely recovers his memories, because he writes 3 books about his past, the Titans, and the world beyond, and stores them in the basement. At what point does he recover his memories?

Also, on the day of the fall of Wall Maria, he apparently made his way to the Reiss chapel, and killed off everyone there except Rod Reiss, and stole the Founding Titan from Freida. Why did he wait so long to do that? What was his motivation inside the walls? It does not seem like he treated Eren as harshly as he treated Zeke.

At some point, when Grisha gets back his memories, why does he not immediately go to retrieve the Founder? That seems to be a vital requirement for the Eldian restorationists. Why does he wait till the day Wall Maria falls? After stealing the Founder, he gives both the Attack and the Founder to his son, Eren. Why? Was he nearing the end of his 13 years?

Also, why does Zeke say to Eren that he's been brainwashed by his father? I presume that according to Zeke, Eren does not know the truth of the world because he hasn't reached the basement yet. In which case, how has Eren been brainwashed? All he knew about his dad at that point is that he murdered the Reiss family and stole the Founder. But even if Zeke thinks that Eren knows the truth of the world, and if Zeke thinks that his father somehow made Eren into an Eldian restorationist as well, how is that brainwashing?

Mar 23, 2021 3:33 AM
Feb 2018
Awesomeness_1307 said:
Catalano said:

The euthanasia plan makes no sense, if the Founder can alter the bodies to make them not have children, it can also modify it to be strong and kill their enemies. If I had the Founder I would make all eldians kill anything that is not eldian. Zeke says he will save the world and the unborn eldians but it's false, it's a tough world, you don't have to say sorry to anyone for your sins in the past, it's kill or be killed and today it's Marley which is the demon nation that destroys the world, it's Marley the enemy we must eliminate. I say the Rumbling makes perfect sense, have Historia cooperate with Eren, transform eldians into titans and destroy the world, keep 1000 or so eldians in Paradis, then populate the world with eldians.

So it's wrong to kill off the Eldians, but it's perfectly fine for everyone else to die except the Eldians? Why is Marley the demon nation here? Udo clearly says in episode 4 that Eldians are treated way worse around the world, compared to Liberio. Marley is just feared around the world because of the Power of the Titans, but that is changing very soon, with the development of advanced planes and bombs and guns in the world of AoT. Is Marley evil because it wants the founding titan? Marley just wants that because of how focussed it was on the Titans, the world caught up to them in terms of technology, and will soon surpass them. The Founder will just make the world fear them and make their enemies stay away from them, which is the exact situation with Paradis right now.

We don't really know if Marley is a dictatorship or a democracy, but Paradis is definitely a monarchy. So, why is there a good nation or a bad nation? Every nation just wants to survive.

It was stated that Marley using titans for the sake of imperialistic purposes, to conquer nations. It wad stated by Yelena and Nicolo, there's literally a reason why Marley eventhough theyre strong politically their relationship with other countries are hostile. Atleast without Tybur.
Mar 23, 2021 3:37 AM
Dec 2020
Mercury-Fred said:

It was stated that Marley using titans for the sake of imperialistic purposes, to conquer nations. It wad stated by Yelena and Nicolo, there's literally a reason why Marley eventhough theyre strong politically their relationship with other countries are hostile. Atleast without Tybur.

Oh, I remember now. My bad. It seems like the world of AoT somewhat resembles ours during the WW1/WW2 times. Powerful nations trying to invade and conquer each other and inferior nations as well.
Mar 23, 2021 3:47 AM
Mar 2021
So, i dont get the fact that, why did zeke attacked eldians at the first place, if he wanted to protect eldians... I dont get that🙂 could somebody explain
Mar 23, 2021 3:48 AM
Feb 2018
Raisa9202 said:
So, i dont get tge fact that, why did zeke attacked eldians at the first place, if he wanted to protect eldians... I dont get that🙂 could somebody explain

Which "attack"? Shiganshina S3P2?
Mar 23, 2021 3:49 AM
Mar 2021
This is probably one of the best episode of Attack on titan I love when they show the back story of the character and their childhood Zeke faces a lot and he has a motive in his life I think earlier that Zeke is just a side character but now he is in my top 10
Mar 23, 2021 3:53 AM

Mar 2012
Raisa9202 said:
So, i dont get the fact that, why did zeke attacked eldians at the first place, if he wanted to protect eldians... I dont get that🙂 could somebody explain

His goal was to get to the coordinate no matter what. A few dead was the lesser evil to him.
End Zionazism
Mar 23, 2021 4:48 AM

Dec 2012
No wat Zeke is dead. That moving part from the previous episode is probably where he transferred his consciousness

Mar 23, 2021 4:59 AM

Feb 2021
I believe the most important thing for everyone to remember after this episode is this:
Mar 23, 2021 5:11 AM

Feb 2020
That was great. Probably my favourite episode this season.
Mar 23, 2021 8:14 AM
Jul 2018
Kimurah said:
davidyodo24 said:

Well it is what it is...
I mean it made the scene much impactful...

Almost every anime does this kind of Storytelling, if you still hate it idk why you still watching Anime...

Yeah, doesn't strike me as odd people like you come up with cheap conformist defenses "eVeRY OTheR ANimE doES iT tOO"

I have watched anime for literally decades, but only cheap shonen shows like these overuse flashbacks for padding purpouses.

And regarding that it was much more impactful, I disagree, run of the mill tropes are exactly that, cheap run of the mill tropes (exactly the same as derivative isekai). Like some people already mentioned, this episode is a big "boo hoo poor psychopath Zeke had a though childhood" kind of flashback to impact the easy to sway kind of people.

Since you're so smart and know what great storytelling is, then do yourself a favour and stop watching "these cheap shounen shows". Your presence will not be missed.

After reading most of your replies, and going through your anime list, someone's got to ask the question.

Who hurt you for you to end up like this?

By the way, your list contradicts a lot of what you're saying, but who I am to judge someone that has to has to insult others on the internet to make himself feel better and validated.

Don't bother replying cause I've wasted enough time for someone as sad as you. Just a heads up, but if you do decide to reply which I can already imagine your hurt ass thinking of things to say just know that you're not going to get a reaction out of me.

And to those who just want to enjoy the show or have a decent discussion with others, don't waste your time replying to this fool who thinks he knows it all. He's talking straight out of his ass.
removed-userMar 23, 2021 8:34 AM
Mar 23, 2021 8:29 AM
Feb 2019
Considering the next is gonna be the final episode (according to MAL) and I really don't see everything being concluded in 1 episode and the fact that it's said to be the final season, does that mean we are gonna get an AOT movie to end the show?
Mar 23, 2021 9:42 AM
May 2017
I always thought Zeke was being whiny when he complained about his parents. But he wasn't completely wrong. I can understand why he turned in his parents I guess. Ksaver(weird name) too seems to have had a bad life. But their plan to euthanize eldians is BS. It in no way ensures their safety. It just makes it easier to slaughter them. But from their viewpoint, it is just that the suffering of current eldians is required so that no future generation of Eldians exist to suffer anymore. I think I kind of understand. But it feels like slave mentality and cowardice to just give up and die just because the world doesn't like you. I don't agree with it. Also, after all the talk of slavery and being free it seems contradictory for Eren to just give up and euthanize his whole race. Does Floch or other Yeagerists know this? I hope Eren is just playing along and not actually planning to do it because that would kind of dumb. Sigh, another week of waiting.
Mar 23, 2021 9:50 AM
May 2017
Yup aot is not for everyone, god I hate how many people have misunderstood zeke's character and even his plan, even if you don't agree with his plan it is a logical solution that really fit zeke's character and people calling his plan stupid!!hell it is even used in real world, I don't agree with it but I love it because how every character has its own ideology depending on its environment isayama proposed alot of solutions in these past few eps and each one have its downside this is godtier writing,
This ep is top5 aot eps and zeke might be my favorite character
Mar 23, 2021 9:52 AM

Aug 2019
Catalano said:
this is the flashback I din't want and I din't care about, this changes nothing. Zeke is just a coward, like I said in earlier episode threads, the eldians living in interment camps lost their pride as humans, if you have enemies who want to kill you, kill them yourself. Grischa was a true hero and Zeke was supposed to be the eldians' savior, a normal eldian kid would have hated the marleyans, would want to get revenge and his father taught him about the true history but Zeke wants to live a comfy life and wants to die. Then he's projecting his insecurities on other people, "everyone should die because I want to die!" what an idiot, he even betrayed his parents in order to survive and I thought it was because of some master plan to free the eldians.

The euthanasia plan makes no sense, if the Founder can alter the bodies to make them not have children, it can also modify it to be strong and kill their enemies. If I had the Founder I would make all eldians kill anything that is not eldian. Zeke says he will save the world and the unborn eldians but it's false, it's a tough world, you don't have to say sorry to anyone for your sins in the past, it's kill or be killed and today it's Marley which is the demon nation that destroys the world, it's Marley the enemy we must eliminate. I say the Rumbling makes perfect sense, have Historia cooperate with Eren, transform eldians into titans and destroy the world, keep 1000 or so eldians in Paradis, then populate the world with eldians.

I am sure Eren doesn't want to kill all eldians, he just said that to convince Zeke. Also, if Zeke says he's the savior of the world, why didn't he try to get in touch with Eren in Shiganshina? or eat Eren to get the Founder, why does he cooperate with Yelena, who cares about other nations if he will die when the euthanasia plan succeeds, sorry but Zeke is an absolute idiot. Oh and Xaver is an imbecile too, how could he have a family like that and why wasn't he sent to Paradis after they found out he lied about being an eldian.

I am very disappointed in all this, the attack on Marley was a 10/10, now all this shit is just annoying, too many incompetents in Paradis and too many goody-two-shoes acting like they have it all sorted out. Zeke's ideology is a mistake.

Zeke is having the whole world in consideration for this plan, not just the eldians, so for him is about resolving the situation with the less overall suffering, so enabling the full rumbling doesn't make sense. At the end is the plan of an extremely damaged individual.

As you say, Zeke doesn't know for sure yet if Eren is ok with his plan, and Eren is the one who will decide what to do, and before that they have to take control of Paradis, do the partial rumbling, and have Historia ready for inheriting the beast titan.

At the end it all depends on Eren, and we will know when his point of view is revealed.
cAbaddonMar 23, 2021 9:55 AM
Mar 23, 2021 9:56 AM
May 2017
Yup aot is not for everyone, god I hate the amount of people that misunderstood his character,actions and plan, I love how each character has its own ideology depending on its environment, even if you don't agree with zeke's plan (I don't agree with it too) but you should admit it is a brilliant solution and really fit zeke character, and there is people saying his plan is stupid like what? They probably didn't understand it like this method is used in the real world how would you say it is stupid, this is top5 aot ep and zeke might just be my favorite character.
Mar 23, 2021 10:05 AM
May 2017
Awesomeness_1307 said:
I need help understanding Grisha's actions and some of Zeke's words. If any of the answers to my questions are manga spoilers, please do not spoil and let me know that it is answered later. I will delete my comment if it is.

He got ratted out by Zeke about his involvement with the Eldian restorationists, then received the Attack Titan from the Owl. After that, he somehow made his way to Wall Maria, where he was greeted by Keith Shadis.

Upon meeting Keith, it seems like Grisha has lost all of his memories, including the fact that he comes from Liberio, and possesses the Attack Titan, and does not realise that he's living with the so called 'Eldian island devils'. He also marries Carla Yeager. But at some point, he definitely recovers his memories, because he writes 3 books about his past, the Titans, and the world beyond, and stores them in the basement. At what point does he recover his memories?

Also, on the day of the fall of Wall Maria, he apparently made his way to the Reiss chapel, and killed off everyone there except Rod Reiss, and stole the Founding Titan from Freida. Why did he wait so long to do that? What was his motivation inside the walls? It does not seem like he treated Eren as harshly as he treated Zeke.

At some point, when Grisha gets back his memories, why does he not immediately go to retrieve the Founder? That seems to be a vital requirement for the Eldian restorationists. Why does he wait till the day Wall Maria falls? After stealing the Founder, he gives both the Attack and the Founder to his son, Eren. Why? Was he nearing the end of his 13 years?

Also, why does Zeke say to Eren that he's been brainwashed by his father? I presume that according to Zeke, Eren does not know the truth of the world because he hasn't reached the basement yet. In which case, how has Eren been brainwashed? All he knew about his dad at that point is that he murdered the Reiss family and stole the Founder. But even if Zeke thinks that Eren knows the truth of the world, and if Zeke thinks that his father somehow made Eren into an Eldian restorationist as well, how is that brainwashing?

grisha was lying about losing his memory,
Here rewatch these eps look carfully in the dialogue and you should understand:
S3p1 ep11
S3p2 ep8,ep9
S4 ep15
Mar 23, 2021 10:07 AM

Aug 2018
Reiner_undieable said:
Yup aot is not for everyone, god I hate the amount of people that misunderstood his character,actions and plan, I love how each character has its own ideology depending on its environment, even if you don't agree with zeke's plan (I don't agree with it too) but you should admit it is a brilliant solution and really fit zeke character, and there is people saying his plan is stupid like what? They probably didn't understand it like this method is used in the real world how would you say it is stupid, this is top5 aot ep and zeke might just be my favorite character.
Totally natural for people to have different opinions about different characters. What I don't get is those who claim the writing is terrible, unlike anything they've seen before. I mean if it was me, I would just not watch it anymore; let alone go into the discussions to argue with people who are passionate about it.
Mar 23, 2021 10:07 AM
May 2017
cAbaddon said:
Catalano said:
this is the flashback I din't want and I din't care about, this changes nothing. Zeke is just a coward, like I said in earlier episode threads, the eldians living in interment camps lost their pride as humans, if you have enemies who want to kill you, kill them yourself. Grischa was a true hero and Zeke was supposed to be the eldians' savior, a normal eldian kid would have hated the marleyans, would want to get revenge and his father taught him about the true history but Zeke wants to live a comfy life and wants to die. Then he's projecting his insecurities on other people, "everyone should die because I want to die!" what an idiot, he even betrayed his parents in order to survive and I thought it was because of some master plan to free the eldians.

I am sure Eren doesn't want to kill all eldians, he just said that to convince Zeke. Also, if Zeke says he's the savior of the world, why didn't he try to get in touch with Eren in Shiganshina? or eat Eren to get the Founder, why does he cooperate with Yelena, who cares about other nations if he will die when the euthanasia plan succeeds, sorry but Zeke is an absolute idiot. Oh and Xaver is an imbecile too, how could he have a family like that and why wasn't he sent to Paradis after they found out he lied about being an eldian.

I am very disappointed in all this, the attack on Marley was a 10/10, now all this shit is just annoying, too many incompetents in Paradis and too many goody-two-shoes acting like they have it all sorted out. Zeke's ideology is a mistake.

Zeke is having the whole world in consideration for this plan, not just the eldians, so for him is about resolving the situation with the less overall suffering, so enabling the full rumbling doesn't make sense. At the end is the plan of an extremely damaged individual.

As you say, Zeke doesn't know for sure yet if Eren is ok with his plan, and Eren is the one who will decide what to do, and before that they have to take control of Paradis, do the partial rumbling, and have Historia ready for inheriting the beast titan.

At the end it all depends on Eren, and we will know when his point of view is revealed.
this guy missed the whole point of the show he looks like a brainwashed eldian lol,
This show being a mainstream is a problem
Mar 23, 2021 10:09 AM

Aug 2019
Reiner_undieable said:
cAbaddon said:

this guy missed the whole point of the show he looks like a brainwashed eldian lol,

are you referring to me or the user I quoted?
the user I quoted I suppose? lol
Mar 23, 2021 10:10 AM
May 2017
YMN_KAT said:
Reiner_undieable said:
Totally natural for people to have different opinions about different characters. What I don't get is those who claim the writing is terrible, unlike anything they've seen before. I mean if it was me, I would just not watch it anymore; let alone go into the discussions to argue with people who are passionate about it.
exactly I don't care if they love zeke or hate him, or if they agree with his plan or not, but those who claim the writing is bad like wtf and most of them didn't even understand what is going on those misinterpretations of zeke's plan make me frustrated
Mar 23, 2021 10:12 AM
May 2017
cAbaddon said:
Reiner_undieable said:

are you referring to me or the user I quoted?
the user I quoted I suppose? lol
yup not you, I was referring to the one you quoted, god he misunderstant so many things
Mar 23, 2021 10:14 AM

Aug 2020
Episode wasn't that great.
Mar 23, 2021 10:16 AM

Aug 2018
Catalano said:
Grischa was a true hero and Zeke was supposed to be the eldians' savior, a normal eldian kid would have hated the marleyans, would want to get revenge and his father taught him about the true history but Zeke wants to live a comfy life and wants to die.
Glad to see someone finally agreeing with Grisha's brainwashing of his child. Because that's morally upright and just.
Mar 23, 2021 10:38 AM

Jul 2020
Okay, that last scene in the episode gave me chills all over, I especially loved the rain as well at the end, and I thought that the episode overall was great, I would give it a 5/5.
Mar 23, 2021 10:53 AM
Daydreamer

Mar 2020
Finally we have the (perfectly nailed) backstory of the last major character whose true intenctions were left unveiled until this moment. Now it's possible to see cleary both factions that led to this internal schism.

I am amazed by the depth and complexity of this story.
Mar 23, 2021 10:56 AM

Apr 2020
Man really said ''I would make all Eldians kill anything that is not Eldian''. But Zeke is the bad one guys. looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool
KaasfondueMar 23, 2021 11:04 AM
Mar 23, 2021 1:17 PM

Mar 2017
Oh god... they're plan is to just rid the world of Eldians? That is fucking awful and a lot worse than I imagined their plan might be. I get that Eren & Zeke want the suffering, war, and pain to end but how can they justify wiping out an entire race?

The worst thing about this revelation is that it means there's no saving Eren - the only way to stop him is to kill him 😭
Mar 23, 2021 2:42 PM
Jan 2020
Awesomeness_1307 said:

He never lost his memories, he just pretended to have lost them so as to not freak everyone on paradis out
Mar 23, 2021 3:33 PM

Jan 2021
the anime really me feel more for zeke than the manga did
helps with the great voice acting
can't wait to see the rest animated!
Mar 23, 2021 6:25 PM

Aug 2014
So the next episode is the last of everything? There won't be final season number two? If so then this is going to be weak short and stupid ending, but at least everyone will die and that is happy ending for me.
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Mar 23, 2021 6:37 PM
Dec 2020
Thyriad-oPPailov said:
So the next episode is the last of everything? There won't be final season number two? If so then this is going to be weak short and stupid ending, but at least everyone will die and that is happy ending for me.
no there will be part 2 or movies. There are still 23 chapters to be animated
Attack on Titan ended with chapter 123 and 130/131 is the epilogue
Mar 23, 2021 9:11 PM
Mar 2021
We got to see zekes backstory in his point of view and not gonna lie if I was in his position I would’ve done the exact same thing it was either his parents, grandparents and him got taken by Marley or if he snitched it’ll be just his parents I don’t know about you but i would choose to save my grandparents and me instead of letting us all get taken by Marley BUT the euthanasia plan of Zeke and Eren is straight up BS in my opinion, I don’t think they should kill of they’re whole race to stop they’re suffering if anything I would rather kill of the rest of the world then my own people to be honest. Anyways tho it just seems like I can’t pick a side cant wait to see what part 2 brings for us if one happens
Mar 23, 2021 10:33 PM

Nov 2020
Ahh... The feels!
Zeke's backstory just DID NOT have such an effect on me when reading the manga. The voice acting really does wonders.
Mar 23, 2021 10:41 PM
Feb 2021
tutsui said:
We got to see zekes backstory in his point of view and not gonna lie if I was in his position I would’ve done the exact same thing it was either his parents, grandparents and him got taken by Marley or if he snitched it’ll be just his parents I don’t know about you but i would choose to save my grandparents and me instead of letting us all get taken by Marley BUT the euthanasia plan of Zeke and Eren is straight up BS in my opinion, I don’t think they should kill of they’re whole race to stop they’re suffering if anything I would rather kill of the rest of the world then my own people to be honest. Anyways tho it just seems like I can’t pick a side cant wait to see what part 2 brings for us if one happens

His plan is what happens when you don’t have strong feelings towards your people, almost self hatred for what you are. He cares about eldian lives, he has just seen constant suffering to his people for merely existing, lives destined to be painful. Eldians not existing to him is the highest form of salvation they can get from the cruelty of the world, it’s not a happy ending, but it is a definitive one.

Also you notice how in a way, Zeke is pro Marley, that’s exactly the type of thing marleyeas would love, for eldians to no longer give birth and to simply cease to exist
Mar 24, 2021 12:09 AM

Feb 2021
Ngl, I'm worried about Levi. Although the backstory of Zeke was pretty fucked up, he didn't become my favourite all of a sudden. the way he justifies his actions saying ïf there were no eldians, everything would have been alright"and turning the comrades intgo titans saying he basically 'saved' them is sooooo wrong. as an anime-only fan, I'm pretty psyched to see what happens next and how this season ends.
AurtemisMar 24, 2021 12:14 AM
Mar 24, 2021 5:06 AM

Aug 2018
Poor Zeke had not so fortunate childhood , it was a very bad one in fact , because he literaly turned in his own parents. But he was the perfect choice for Beast titan at the end.

Can't believe Levi let his guard down like that and literaly got blasted, hopefully he didn't die on such shamefull defeat
Mar 24, 2021 7:10 AM
May 2017
Catalano said:

An eldian (like Zeke) killing off all eldians is wrong but another nation killing off the eldians is "survival of the fittest" like I said above. Marley destroyed Eldia because it was stronger but the eldians don't deserve to die off, you have to fight to survive.

This. People have always been at each other's throats because they are a different group. They will most likely keep on doing so. To survive you need strength and will to fight back. And thing with AOT, I feel the current situation would have always happened. Due to the massive difference between eldians and non eldians. Eren himself knows this, he even says to Armin, "People think of us as monsters who turn into giants and they aren't wrong." One can't really blame the non eldians for being fearful, especially since now even Eldians without royal blood can use the coordinate. At the same time, you can't expect eldians not to kill their enemies. The only ones who had some chance of preventing all this was the tybur family when they were shadow rulers of Marley.
Mar 24, 2021 7:59 AM

Jul 2013
Holy fuck how? How is this ending in the next episode? Will there be a conclusion? Man that ending's going to suck ass I just know it. There's no way they're going to wrap everything up in the next episode. Btw, great episode.
Mar 24, 2021 8:12 AM
Jul 2019
PrimeX said:
Holy fuck how? How is this ending in the next episode? Will there be a conclusion? Man that ending's going to suck ass I just know it. There's no way they're going to wrap everything up in the next episode. Btw, great episode.

They won't. There will probably be part 2.
Mar 24, 2021 1:16 PM

Mar 2008
fantastic episode, really enjoyed it
Mar 24, 2021 8:35 PM

Aug 2015
Ok, wild, definitely wasn't expecting antinatalism in this story. Works perfectly though. The author is really good at writing intergenerational trauma.
Mar 24, 2021 9:36 PM
Mar 2021
Amazing episode, I feel bad for Zeke, his mom and dad just used him as a tool and the only person who took care of him died in few years. But still I completely disagree with Zeke and Eren's plan, they should show them power of Eldia so that they stop suppressing them.
Mar 25, 2021 12:00 AM
Feb 2019
NextUniverse said:
Great episode, so sad Zeke had probably top 10 worst childhood's I have seen. The dude just wanted a normal childhood. F.

That ending explosion got Levi pretty good damn, he do be strong tho, I believe in my man.

I think the whole episode was a complete waste. Here we are waiting for something to happen, and we got a big fat nothing. Yes EVERYBODY had a shit past in AOT, we GET IT. Now can we do something about the story?
Mar 25, 2021 12:08 AM

Jun 2020
Yay I finally got some time to watch the episode

Didn't disappoint. Zook monké is now in my top 5 characters of this show. And he probably has my favorite anime backstory too
Mar 25, 2021 1:00 AM

Dec 2017
Patosaurus72 said:
I watched ep 14 and 15 for the first time back to back here.
I'm all for zeke and erens plan, obviously I'm against what is essentially genocide but I think it shakes things up and makes sense for the characters. Especially for eren, he never cared about freedom for eldians, he cared about freedom for the whole world from titans.
Please recall what Eren did as a 9yo to the bandits who kidnapped Mikasa after killing her parents. The current Eren is still essentially the same person as that little boy who always strives for freedom.
I just realized that all of my favorite characters, beside being stunningly beautiful, also happen to be exceptionally skilled murder machines. \('-')/

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Mar 25, 2021 1:35 AM

Oct 2013
Harem_lover94 said:
NextUniverse said:
Great episode, so sad Zeke had probably top 10 worst childhood's I have seen. The dude just wanted a normal childhood. F.

That ending explosion got Levi pretty good damn, he do be strong tho, I believe in my man.

I think the whole episode was a complete waste. Here we are waiting for something to happen, and we got a big fat nothing. Yes EVERYBODY had a shit past in AOT, we GET IT. Now can we do something about the story?

That wasn't even the point, this is to reveal Zeke plan and what leads him to go with that plan which will have a big impact on the story if it actually happen, so saying this is just another sad backstory is ridiculous. This backstory is very important for the future episodes, so this "big fat nothing" is way more important than what you think, take this episode out and future episode would have to be completely rewritten because of it.

If you are so impatient you can always read the manga, because this season isn't even going to complete the story anyways and after the final episode we will probably have to wait until maybe 7 month to a whole year to get the 2nd part.

Just give this season a 1/10 from now, because the final episode is going to be one big cliffhanger! As I said you people that are impatient should just read the manga, the final chapter will be out in April it will take you probably 2-3 hours to read all the remaining chapters.
keragammingMar 25, 2021 1:46 AM
Mar 25, 2021 2:42 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
I already like Zeke, I knew I would like him more if we got to learn more about him, but now, he climbed up a lot of ranks in a single episode.
Mar 25, 2021 9:40 AM

Dec 2017
puppetmazter said:
Manga readers, so clarifications please:

1. If Eren and Zeke were face to face in that hospital, why didnt they use their plan right then? Do they have to be in Paradis for the mass sterilization?

2. And why didnt Zeke share his plans with Marley? I assume bc they wouldnt go along with that plan? Maybe bc they want to keep their Titans for war purposes and they need Eldians to do their bidding?
I dont really get why Zeke faked is death and ran off.
The answers to these two questions are interrelated. Remember what happened when Eren punched the Smiling Titan (Dina's, a royal blooded person) back in Season 2? The other Titan shifters felt a surge of lightning through their bodies when Eren accidentally gained access to the Coordinate.

So, if Eren and Zeke activated the Founding Titan's ability while they were still in Marley, they would have risked alerting the other Titan shifters (the Warriors) about Eren's presence in Marley and, more importantly, Zeke's betrayal which would potentially lead to a failure for their long-term plan.

3. Since Zeke is royalty, does that mean hes related to the queen of Paradis? (forgot her name, the blonde girl).
Correct. Zeke and Historia are (very) distant relatives, because Dina (Zeke's mother) was a Royal blood descent who stayed in Marley when the Eldian King, Carl Fritz, migrated to Paradis Island and built the walls ~100 years before the current timeline.

4. Why are the Ackermanns so strong? Was that revealed yet? Could they've been enhanced by the founding titan? Can they become titans themselves?

Thanks in advance
We're supposed to get more explanations about the Ackerman clan in two different occasions in this season, following what we have already got in Season 3, but they were cut out (temporarily, I hope) from the scenes.
I just realized that all of my favorite characters, beside being stunningly beautiful, also happen to be exceptionally skilled murder machines. \('-')/

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Mar 26, 2021 9:49 PM

Oct 2013
One of the best episodes of Season 4 up until now. Seeing Zeke's backstory animated so well was great, because while its version as portrayed in the manga was interesting per se, it was definitely not an easy task to adapt it well to a point of grasping emotions of every character, not only from Zeke, that had appeared in this episode and made it dynamic enough to make the whole episode entertaining to watch from the art and animation's points of view as well.

Several frames with only facial expressions and music playing in the background told a lot about feelings of certain characters. It was another thing hard to adapt - to show emotions and feelings of characters by using only art and music, without adding any unnecessary dialogues if they were not really needed in some scenes. In my opinion MAPPA succeeded in making something like that and not only in a good, but in a simply fantastic way. I dare to say that Zeke's backstory was handled better than in the source material, even though it was already excellent in the manga.

Zeke's childhood was really sad. He only wanted to be loved like other kids, not to be a tool for his parents useful only to fulfill their plan of reviving Eldia.

Xaver's past was also full of tragedies. I think they both were really similar, that's why Zeke could understand how Xaver felt like, and Xaver could understand how Zeke felt like as well.

This episode ended up with an explosion. Literally. Levi went flying. The question is now what has happened to Zeke and Levi? Are both of them dead, or both of them are alive (but severely wounded)? Or perhaps one of them died? I guess we will find out in the future. ;-)
Pages (10) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » If Eren was in avatar...

TASM18 - Apr 17

18 by belugaanime »»
Apr 19, 2:12 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 7, 2021

513 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Apr 13, 8:01 AM

» Isayama: The Perfect Architect ( 1 2 )

Mikasa - Mar 29, 2021

65 by benisfroms »»
Apr 10, 8:21 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jan 10, 2021

986 by Jasmin061011 »»
Apr 2, 8:12 AM

» Falco and Gabi…

Arddaa52 - Jul 25, 2021

20 by Adrena »»
Mar 27, 6:50 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.