Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 14, 2021 6:10 AM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Thread made in advance to reduce the competition for the first post and reduce spoilers.
The thread will be unlocked at 00:38 (JST) This thread is now unlocked

Concerning spoilers: Please do not confirm a theory someone has or give hints about something that happens later on. Not everyone wants their theories confirmed or denied. If you want to do so, add a spoiler to your post and I mean the entire part where you confirm or deny a theory. If you bring arguments from past episodes, you don't have to add spoiler tags. Continuously spoiling future events in an anime can be seen as trolling and can result in a warning or a ban.

A reminder of some rules:
  • Do not ask where to watch or post links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
  • If you absolutely need to make a reference to the LN, manga, WN or something that might happen in future episodes, use spoiler tags.
    [spoiler]your text here[/spoiler]

• Do not only post something like "good episode". Simple phrases posts are removed without notice.
  • Only use one screenshot. If you use more than one, your other pictures will be either put in spoilers or removed.
  • Refrain from multi-posting consecutively. Use the edit button if necessary.
  • Do not resort to abuse or trolling.

You can find the Anime Series Episode Discussion Rules here.
anime-primeMar 14, 2021 8:38 AM
Mar 14, 2021 8:38 AM

Jul 2019
Great episode. Based Eren do be spitting bruh and whooping.

The Levi scene was great too. OST was mad af and action too, respect Mappa.

RIP BROADCAST, earthquake got the ep cut, stay safe Nihon bros!! EREN STOP THE RUMBLING BRUH

also got a good shot of Levi:
NextUniverseMar 14, 2021 8:46 AM

Apr 2020
Damn, Eren made Mikasa cry and I was kinda sad to see Eren and Armin fighting.

Finally Zeke shouted, but Levi beats Zeke really fast lol

Nov 2011
Damn, that Mikasa scene was hard to watch between her and Eren.

Levi taking on Zeke again seems inevitable at this point and from this episode, we got a rematch of the season. Every time those two clash, I get hyped.

Jan 2009
table scene got a lot of off model drawings
and the fight between Armin and Eren is not sakuga worthy
the Levi vs Beast Titan fight is animated good enough but not so much of a wow factor
no Imai lol people are expecting him on this episode

that breaking news though The Rumbling started i mean an Earthquake started lol but good thing the quake is just magnitude 4.6
Mar 14, 2021 8:40 AM

Oct 2017
The conversation between Armin, Mikasa and Eren was amusing af. We all know that Eren's trying to play the villain for them and the reason why he behaved like that to Mikasa was to set her free. Also Eren beating up Armin was oddly satisfying. I dunno why thou I dun dislike Armin at all.
MegamiRemMar 21, 2021 10:40 PM
Mar 14, 2021 8:41 AM
Mar 2018
Damn the earthquake actually saved my boy, Shadis, from getting his ass whopped. I hope no one's hurt though. On the plus side, this episode was freaking amazing. Holy shit they actually used a remix of Kenny's theme for the fight!!!
Mar 14, 2021 8:43 AM
Dec 2020
Good episode but cgi is not great levi vs beat titan is banger nice ost poor armin smaked by eran

Jun 2014
Welp RIP broadcast because of that earthquake alert lol.

I thought the 2 notable scenes from today's episode, the table scene and the MONKE scream, were done pretty well. Eren went savage on Mikasa and then whooped Armin's ass to top it off. Seeing Levi in action killing his subordinates that turned into titans, and then catching up to Zeke and kicking his ass, was hype. Only complaint I really have is the CGI Beast Titan but that's expected at this point so it's not a huge deal to me tbh.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Oct 2020
Amazing. I'm shaking, the Levi vs Zeke was animated better than expected. If I'm not wrong they will rebroadcast the episode after the tsunami report.
Mar 14, 2021 8:44 AM

Jul 2017
Damn, they really did that beatdown justice lol.

deg said:
that breaking news though The Rumbling started i mean an Earthquake started

Geez... actually too soon lol.

Nov 2018
Earth quake alert during the AOT broadcast, the ground is rumbling. I see where this is going

Apr 2015
The episode looked passable in isolation but for AOT's standards that was rather underwhelming despite lowered expectatons which is a bummer since I was looking forward to this.

The massive cracks in the production are sadly noticeable now where even the usually beautifully corrected stills cannot do the heavy lifting anymore.

Oh well, gotta hope they make it all the way through in time.
Mar 14, 2021 8:45 AM
Feb 2016
Never thought I would hear K21/Kenny's Theme (Rap Version) again after Season 3 Part 1 considering it was a character track for someone who's been long dead, but it was appreciated. Kinda fit thematically with Levi being the badass this time around.
Mar 14, 2021 8:46 AM
Mar 2020
10/10 episode
It got cut short cus of the Tsunami Earthquake thing, hope everyone’s safe btw, but goddamn, the table scene was flawless, and Levi vs Zeke round 2 (or 3) was just straight fire
The animation went nuts, I loved the hype ost choice.
Speechless at this point, my second fav episode after assault for sure 🔥⚔️
Mar 14, 2021 8:47 AM
May 2016
Pretty good episode from what I'd seen, not sure how I feel about the anime-original change of Floch starting the rumbling with an earthquake warning this early on. A bold decision. for sure.
Mar 14, 2021 8:48 AM

Jul 2020
fantastic episode!

Eren getting punched by Armin but he ended up getting beaten.

Levi vs Monkee again,

hmmm monkey is trying to escape. I love how he ran off and forced to transform himsel LOL

that emergency news took pretty long. stay safe our fellow japanese :)
daedalus11Mar 23, 2021 5:37 PM
Mar 14, 2021 8:51 AM

Aug 2020
shit was hype af. amma edit this though when I see the whole thing.

Stay safe to our JP bros.
Mar 14, 2021 8:55 AM

Apr 2013
Overall the episode was really good with great directing. EMA VAs put in work for the table scene “Mmgh”. Zeke running away à la Joestar was as funny in the episode as in the manga. And that Zeke scream was on point. Some off-model characters designs here and there which is expected with the schedule they have and will most likely will be fixed in blue rays. CG looked good and so did the animation overall.
deg said:
the Levi vs Beast Titan fight is animated good enough but not so much of a wow factor

that breaking news though The Rumbling started i mean an Earthquake started lol but good thing the quake is just magnitude 4.6
Do you care about anything else other than art and animation? Just curious.
Fappa said:
The episode looked passable in isolation but for AOT's standards that was rather underwhelming despite lowered expectatons which is a bummer since I was looking forward to this.

The massive cracks in the production are sadly noticeable now where even the usually beautifully corrected stills cannot do the heavy lifting anymore.

Oh well, gotta hope they make it all the way through in time.
What standards? The few episodes that WIT got hard carried by Imai and select few super animators?
Mar 14, 2021 8:55 AM

Jan 2018
Yeah, it was ok I guess.
BARK BARK BARK ARRRGGFFF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK HSSSSSSSSS SNIFF SNIFF GRRRRR RUFF RUFF WOOF WOOF WOOF SNARL BITE BITE BARK CHOMP SNIFF SNIFF GRRRRRRRRRR RUFF WOOF BARK BARK BARK BARK ARGGGHHFFFF BITE BITE BITE WOOF HSSSSSSS GRRRROWWWL HOWLLL WOOF WOOF BARK BARK BARK ARGGGGRRRFFF BITE WOOF WOOFBARK BARK HSSSS CHOMP GRRRRR
Mar 14, 2021 8:57 AM

Jan 2009
Sourire said:

deg said:

Do you care about anything else than art and animation? Just curious.

this is anime adaptation so ye i care about those but if its manga then i care more about the story
Mar 14, 2021 9:02 AM

Aug 2013
Mar 14, 2021 9:07 AM
Aug 2016
Great episode! Although that earthquake interrupting the broadcast was scary. Oh boy, Levi vs Zeke was dope af 🔥🔥🔥🔥
Also, EMA table scene 😢👌🏻

5/5

Aug 2012
Beast Titan CGI still looks disgusting to look at.

The rest was good for me.

Aug 2019
I’m super satisfied, that was amazing, the ost was on point.
Mar 14, 2021 9:09 AM

Apr 2015
Sourire said:

What standards? The few episodes that WIT got hard carried by Imai and select few super animators?

The standards the show has built itself in the past 4 seasons now including this one, hence I'm judging it by that, unless you don't want to. The fact that you seem to solely focus on Key Animators for some strange reason aside, if I was to give my opinion without said standard then in that case I'd say it was okay albeit a bit plain.
Mar 14, 2021 9:10 AM
Aug 2018
Ok so it seems we can watch it later when the distributers like crunchyroll etc puts it up like they usually do.Only Ppl who watch the episode early through japanese broadcast are affected.
Mar 14, 2021 9:13 AM
Nov 2020
Overall was a solid 8/10 ep from what we saw so far at least, some off model shots in table scene but nothing distracting, levi forest fight had slightly above animation and was just good enough. The directing made the ep so much better despite not being sakuga heavy
Mar 14, 2021 9:14 AM
Jun 2016
People do exaggerate on how “bad” mappa episodes are, but people trying to shit on wit to make their point is just as bad... wit was hella consistent, specially with character design! And then it had thre sakuga moments that mappa lacks. In the other hand, while mappa don’t have those sakuga moments, they don’t have the still shots that wit had in a lot of episodes. They’re more consistent in terms of animation, meaning their lows are not as low, and their highs not as high, for the most part. But they had pretty ugly character designs in some episodes.
Mar 14, 2021 9:21 AM
Jul 2016
First of all, wish Wakayama citizens to be safe and sound.

Second of all, fantastic episode especially Levi vs Zeke fight scene, it was storyboarded strongly and i could not complain. The ost on that scene was surprisingly fitting too.
Great job for the staffs !

Mod Edit: Removed baiting.
anime-primeMar 16, 2021 3:00 PM
Mar 14, 2021 9:22 AM
Dec 2020
deg said:

ehhh...

I watched the thing in HD, there was barely any off models in table scene tbh...
Mar 14, 2021 9:23 AM

Mar 2014
You know the scene is gonna be good when K21 plays. I really liked the first 16 episodes that we managed to watch before the earthquake news, I think the animation and art were a bit sloppier but I know MAPPA staff are doing the best they can. The voice acting was superb, especially for Eren, Zeke and Levi. Eren and Armin's fight was goat
DanaeMar 14, 2021 9:28 AM
Mar 14, 2021 9:24 AM
Dec 2020
Lol levi really ripped the shit out of zekei . As a manga reader i would've been happy obly if mappa could do beast titan 2 d but yea within the time frame they were given they nailed it
Mar 14, 2021 9:26 AM

Dec 2020
Selenehakz said:
First of all, wish Wakayama citizens to be safe and sound.

Second of all, fantastic episode especially Levi vs Zeke fight scene, it was storyboarded strongly and i could not complain. The ost on that scene was surprisingly fitting too.
Great job for the staffs !

Yeah, the episode was 10/10. The directing was awesome, Levi fight OST was very good, the fight was pretty good as well.

Mod Edit: Modified quote of edited post and response to it.
anime-primeMar 16, 2021 3:02 PM
Mar 14, 2021 9:32 AM
Jul 2020
I was worried about the Levi VS Beast titan fight but it was actually good. Poor Levi had to kill his comrades that was sad also seeing EMA fall apart was heartbreaking too 😣😥
Mar 14, 2021 9:33 AM

May 2020
EMA convo was great . No complaints there .
Levi vs Zeke was just alright . I hope they have more time to perfect Part 2 .
Solid 8/10 episode

Something that’s supposed to die and doesn’t… will eventually rot away , whether it’s a man or a nation
Mar 14, 2021 9:36 AM

Mar 2021
Hoping the earthquake is nothing serious and the damages are minimum. Now I'm wondering if the episode is going to be delayed on Crunchyroll.

Good to see most people enjoyed it regardless, this was a very important one to get right. Though if we had some real sasuga and this season was less controversial on MAL this episode could've surpassed Hero. I guess if that happens at all the next opportunity will be during part 2 if they adapt 121 and 122 into a single episode. That's really the last shot.
Mar 14, 2021 9:37 AM

Aug 2019
Mamiya-Takuji said:
Hoping the earthquake is nothing serious and the damages are minimum. Now I'm wondering if the episode is going to be delayed on Crunchyroll.

Good to see most people enjoyed it regardless, this was a very important one to get right. Though if we had some real sasuga and this season was less controversial on MAL this episode could've surpassed Hero. I guess if that happens at all the next opportunity will be during part 2 if they adapt 121 and 122 into a single episode. That's really the last shot.

130-131 my friend.
Mar 14, 2021 9:40 AM

Jun 2019
Damn you, Eren! That was hard to watch seeing Mikasa cry like that.
Levi vs Beast Titan rematch was cool as well. The animation was great as well. Also, the OST slapped in this episode.
Seems like the episode was cut short due to the earthquake. Sadge. Hope everyone's okay.
Mar 14, 2021 9:41 AM

May 2020
When will we get the full episode ? Like will they air the episode again completely next week ?

Something that’s supposed to die and doesn’t… will eventually rot away , whether it’s a man or a nation
Mar 14, 2021 9:44 AM
Jun 2016
Nyess_ said:
When will we get the full episode ? Like will they air the episode again completely next week ?

They still don’t have the dates, at this point is probably better go to streaming services in some hours from now... I don’t think they’d delay the streaming releases.
Mar 14, 2021 9:47 AM

Jun 2019
Nyess_ said:

Can only say that the streaming and broadcasts will be back after the Tsunami reports. Until then, I don't think so.
Mar 14, 2021 9:49 AM
Oct 2019
Reminder that not everything has to be the exact same copy of the manga. It's really desperation to nitpick about minor stuff such as these.

Overall again a fantastic episode so far before it was interrupted but again no episode is greater than lives of people. I hope everyone in Japan is safe. Please do pray for them everyone.
Mar 14, 2021 9:51 AM

Jan 2019
been delayed on cr as well
Mar 14, 2021 9:52 AM

Mar 2012
Eren has become Griffith.
Remember, 'for someone to be my friend they have to be equal to me in all respects'?

I think this is the moment SNK surpassed Hunter x Hunter as the most origin and subversive shonen, with the best character development.
End Zionazism
Mar 14, 2021 9:52 AM

Oct 2020
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ewc8k_iXIAEvxvF?format=jpg&name=medium

Unaired scene of Floch getting ****ed by Eren. This is all you missed if you watched the broadcast.
Mar 14, 2021 9:53 AM

Mar 2021
cAbaddon said:
Mamiya-Takuji said:

130-131 my friend.

I can see those getting anywhere between 90 and 92% if they're done justice but 96% will be a tough ask. They're fantastic chapters but also very bleak. MAL generally prefers hopeful/epic episodes over tragedies. Just look at most of the 94%+ rated episodes like Hero, KnY 19, MHA S2 10 and S3 11, etc.
Mar 14, 2021 10:00 AM
Aug 2020
Here we go with "oH hO b@SeD Ereh, mY l0Rd" again smh.

On a serious note, great episode. The staff did an amazing job, very well directed.

Hope, people in japan are safe and sound.
Mar 14, 2021 10:01 AM
May 2020
This episode was pretty fucking amazing.

Anyone saying that MAPPA ruined AOT should shut up and just die in Chernobyl or sometjing
Well..

Mar 14, 2021 10:02 AM
Jun 2016
Mikasa said:
Eren has become Griffith.
Remember, 'for someone to be my friend they have to be equal to me in all respects'?

I think this is the moment SNK surpassed Hunter x Hunter as the most origin and subversive shonen, with the best character development.

People consider AOT to be shonen? lol
Pages (11) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » If Eren was in avatar...

TASM18 - Apr 17

18 by belugaanime »»
Apr 19, 2:12 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 7, 2021

513 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Apr 13, 8:01 AM

» Isayama: The Perfect Architect ( 1 2 )

Mikasa - Mar 29, 2021

65 by benisfroms »»
Apr 10, 8:21 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jan 10, 2021

986 by Jasmin061011 »»
Apr 2, 8:12 AM

» Falco and Gabi…

Arddaa52 - Jul 25, 2021

20 by Adrena »»
Mar 27, 6:50 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.