Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
So I'm a Spider, So What? (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Mar 12, 2021 6:01 PM
ダンダダン

Jun 2015
linkhuesitos said:
_Jougo_ said:
I'm baffled lowkey thought it was the demon queen girl but after seeing the ending it all makes sense 22:10 around here she explains it was her all along damn so ok what about the white glowing small spider the hero dude fought previous episodes ago who the heck was that then?? this series has so much potential i like the way its building up things reminds me of slim kun more iseaki where humans are turned into monsters i kinda like this setting more than humans coming back as a human etc

The monster that Julius and his party killed was named "Vestige of the Nightmare"
In Japanese the word for "vestige" can also be used for "Remanent". So it's something that the Nightmare left behind.

Wow ok thanks for the info i was wondering about it for a while now, this series just like wonder egg isn't a series where u can shut ur brain off and watch it basically need full concentration to get whats happening etc or you'll end up missing things anyway thanks for the info much appreciated

Mar 12, 2021 6:05 PM
ダンダダン

Jun 2015
Wait wait wait so she fought those guys 15 years ago and she was ridiculously Overwhelming and ever since then she's been on her daily grind evolving on a regular so just how powerful is this spider as of now then 😳

Mar 12, 2021 6:27 PM

May 2015
_Jougo_ said:
Wait wait wait so she fought those guys 15 years ago and she was ridiculously Overwhelming and ever since then she's been on her daily grind evolving on a regular so just how powerful is this spider as of now then 😳

More or less yeah, you gotta remember the whole labyrinth arch is just the set up. The story really starts picking up after she gets out
Mar 12, 2021 6:27 PM

Jun 2009
_Jougo_ said:

That's the question isn't it?
Mar 12, 2021 6:51 PM
Aug 2020
If i remember correctly the other admin in the last episode the one who can't speak japanese is also in the demon lord corp
Mar 12, 2021 7:13 PM
Mar 2019
spaesu said:
interesting backstory for those humans and stuff cool stuff with that hero kid. also, was that taratect that that old dude encountered the demon queen girl now? not much kumoko action this episode but maybe we'll get to see some more next time, cant wait to see her new evolution.

Wtf, Not much kumoko action?
That spider which killed all the humans is kumoko, all the skills, stats, and monster name match.
Mar 12, 2021 7:14 PM

Jan 2011
well uh i so far the human side hasn't really shown any real reason to hate them outside of not having the main character ,rather not have another overlord slime is already going down that route.

really does make sense why they tried to make her cute in our view because it's kinda hard to root for death incarnate

still interested in where this goes
Mar 12, 2021 7:36 PM
Mar 2015
It was self defense Administrator D
Mar 12, 2021 7:53 PM
Jul 2018
Too few Kumoko's scenes. I would really prefer they drastically shorten the "stereotypical-isekai-male-protag-hero(LOL)" character to show more Kumoko. To be fair, the Ronandt's scene does include Kumoko but we didn't see and hear any of Kumoko's perspective. It really feels like we have only been having a couple minutes of Kumoko screentime compared to the other guy's scenes for the past few episodes, though that might change in the next episode to talk about max level Taboo but I'm not holding much hope at this point...

tl;dr: more Kumoko scenes please!
Mar 12, 2021 9:07 PM

Sep 2018
I really enjoy Kumo-chan different "personalities" they're so funny XD I really want to see an anime with only Kumo-chan on it, I got bored whenever human characters talk :(
Mar 12, 2021 9:09 PM

May 2015
svet said:
Too few Kumoko's scenes. I would really prefer they drastically shorten the "stereotypical-isekai-male-protag-hero(LOL)" character to show more Kumoko. To be fair, the Ronandt's scene does include Kumoko but we didn't see and hear any of Kumoko's perspective. It really feels like we have only been having a couple minutes of Kumoko screentime compared to the other guy's scenes for the past few episodes, though that might change in the next episode to talk about max level Taboo but I'm not holding much hope at this point...

Believe me there'll be plenty more Kumoko scenes, but they have to show how the rest of the world sees our little spider
Mar 12, 2021 9:25 PM
Jul 2018
billybub said:
svet said:

Believe me there'll be plenty more Kumoko scenes, but they have to show how the rest of the world sees our little spider

err...i know there will be more (I had read both WN and LN to know that) just that my dislike for the other guy is so great that I just don't want to see him interrupting any more Kumoko scenes
Mar 12, 2021 9:44 PM

May 2015
svet said:
billybub said:

err...i know there will be more (I had read both WN and LN to know that) just that my dislike for the other guy is so great that I just don't want to see him interrupting any more Kumoko scenes

How can you possibly hate the best Geezer?
Mar 12, 2021 9:53 PM
Dec 2017
svet said:
billybub said:

How can someone not like this crazy old goat.
Mar 12, 2021 9:53 PM
Jul 2018
billybub said:
svet said:

linkhuesitos said:

lol was talking about the "stereotypical-isekai-male-protag-hero(LOL)" character aka Shun. dammit you made me type out his name
Mar 12, 2021 10:17 PM

Oct 2008
This series is getting so much more interesting now.
Mar 12, 2021 10:59 PM

May 2015
svet said:
billybub said:

linkhuesitos said:

lol was talking about the "stereotypical-isekai-male-protag-hero(LOL)" character aka Shun. dammit you made me type out his name

Yeah Shun pretty much sucks, but he's there for a reason. Personally I'm just waiting for
Mar 12, 2021 11:58 PM
May 2018
Taboo Lvl10 Yeah!!!

The scene Ronandt got his Appraisal blocked!! wwww
Give our girl Kumoko some sunglasses to match that coolness!
Mar 13, 2021 1:07 AM

Sep 2012
the anime is actually much better than the manga which is rare
Mar 13, 2021 1:54 AM

Jun 2009
sunnaryt said:
the anime is actually much better than the manga which is rare
Well manga is not the source - so that's not surprising. If you want even better experience - read LN.
Mar 13, 2021 2:31 AM
Dec 2012
linkhuesitos said:
Well we finally see Ronandt battle and the birth of the Nightmare of the Labyrinth.
And in case someon is lost, yes, the spider Ronandt saw was Kumoko. Go to the appraisal part and you'll see that it has Pride, Perseverance and more important Wisdom.
Also, yes , she ate the corpses too. Finally out girl is cannibal in both body (Taratect) and mind (Human).

The whole time we see Kumoko from her POV there's a moe filter running with her too.
In the novel it's explained that Spiders don't have neck so she can't turn her head and there's also no water in the labyrinth to reflect her image. She has never saw her own body and that's why she try to imagine herlself as a non-scary spider.
What the humans saw is her true form.

P.D: Too bad that they skipped the battle from Kumoko's POV.
The first 3 dead soldiers were an accident but the she noticed that humans give a lot of EXP. The soldiers start to run and she said "wait! My EXP is running away!" and that's the reason she killed all of them.

It all makes sense that there is a 15 years gap from the human and spider POV, but was not there a fight a couple of ep back between the Juilus and Kumoko??? (both POV were of the present time)
Mar 13, 2021 2:38 AM
Oct 2020
M7H said:

It all makes sense that there is a 15 years gap from the human and spider POV, but was not there a fight a couple of ep back between the Juilus and Kumoko??? (both POV were of the present time)

The one that julius fight was not kumoko.
The title was different.
Mar 13, 2021 3:28 AM

Oct 2007
Nightmare of the Labyrinth Kumoko looks so badass!! I've read about this battle in the novel, and read it in the manga as well. But seeing it animated still feels awesome.

looking forward to next week. :)
Mar 13, 2021 3:55 AM

Jan 2019
these replies are making my head hurt,, i had no idea people were this slow
Mar 13, 2021 4:08 AM

Oct 2007
svet said:
billybub said:

linkhuesitos said:

glad to see another one who dislikes the generic-isekai-male-with-a-harem-and-his-dramas protag. lol

he has a lot of scenes here damn..

have read the novels, so I know his purpose.. but still annoying.. need more Kumoko.
Liddo-kunMar 13, 2021 3:23 PM
Mar 13, 2021 4:35 AM

Jan 2013
katsu044 said:
really does make sense why they tried to make her cute in our view because it's kinda hard to root for death incarnate

Go spider, go! Kill the generic isekai harem protagonist!
Signature removed. It was too good for this cruel world.
Mar 13, 2021 4:54 AM
Apr 2020
Woah! So Kumoko's story is a back story, from 15 years ago? Therefore she now probably evolved to a something more powerful! I'm excited to see her current evolution and powers!

Mar 13, 2021 4:55 AM

Feb 2020
At least the human side of the story is getting more interesting. Pretty solid episode.
Mar 13, 2021 5:12 AM
May 2015
I don't get how Shun is a harem protagonist, poor guy being hated wrongfully here because seriously he is not like those harem guys and don't collect girls left and right just chillin with his sister and best buddy from his previous life
Mar 13, 2021 5:16 AM
Dec 2010
I will now express an unpopular opinion, but from the point of view of the reader of the original, this episode is made simply terribly. So much missed content went down the drain. The war was missed, leaving us only dry stories about how the queen of terathects destroyed the 1st fort, and Ronart defeated Huey. Julius's death was also mentioned in passing. "Show but don't tell"? Did not hear.

But after all, not by one war, this moment with Ronart had to happen after a whole heap of events, and no, this is not a rearrangement, but a cut, judging by evolution. In addition, all these changes completely break the experience system according to which for killing a bunch of people and monsters she should have received just a sea of ​​experience, and not just 1 lvl, which is just ridiculous.

Not to mention the fact that she did not evolve and therefore should be small, since in the last episode she was knee-deep to the Dragon Guy. This completely breaks all logic. And I have no idea what they will do next with the cut scene with the snake.

The battle with the spider itself, by the way, turned out to be extremely awkward and slow. Where in the original everything happened at a wild pace, here they are so leisurely sorting out the relationship, hitting each other, and the spider at this moment patiently waits, although it should already be furiously angry from the burnt house. Well, add a little dynamics, by God. You have 3D models and you don't need to draw anything, well, just let in more of your dummies and make you the atmosphere of a battle in the background.

From good Seiyu Ronart played very well, all the same, the actors recruited talented, this cannot be taken away from the series.
Mar 13, 2021 6:08 AM

Mar 2009
I'm quite surprised about the turn this anime took. Wasn't expecting a proper setup for an actual story to take place in just two episodes.
Not sure if that can excuse a prologue that's 1/3rd of the anime but I guess it remains to be seen if there'll be a sequel.
Mar 13, 2021 6:58 AM

Jun 2009
Vudis said:
I'm quite surprised about the turn this anime took. Wasn't expecting a proper setup for an actual story to take place in just two episodes.
Not sure if that can excuse a prologue that's 1/3rd of the anime but I guess it remains to be seen if there'll be a sequel.

First part is also a setup. Everything is long play. also we getting 24 episodes already (which you actually know now that i reread your post about1/3) so it's not even close to over yet.
Mar 13, 2021 7:21 AM

Oct 2016
Argh, I fucking need more. That was a really great episode! Nightmare of the Labyrinth is such a badass nickname. Ronandt was a cool dude, but I guess it's their fault for burning down Kumoko's home lmao. Damn, Kumoko Zoa Ele is so fucking huge. Is cute Kumoko shown smaller or it's just that the monsters she was fighting was that bigger.

It's evolution time and she's reached taboo lvl 10, oh fuck. Really looking forward to the next episode.
sKyBlazer08Mar 13, 2021 7:24 AM
Mar 13, 2021 7:39 AM

May 2015
So the burnt spider nest in ep. 9 was Kumoko's, the scarf is made of her silk, and the dragon girl was in there as an egg that the humans brought back with them... Also as someone said above, the spider in ep. 6 was "left behind" by her, or at least that's what the characters said so I'm not sure what that means, I hope the details will be revealed in a future episode.
Mar 13, 2021 7:58 AM
Sep 2016
rcozm said:
does any reader know when will she get out of the labirinth? (ep estimation)

Episode 13 or 14, depending on the pace.
Mar 13, 2021 8:04 AM
Sep 2016
RainyShadow said:
So, how does this connect to the spider Julius fought back in ep.6 ?
They said it was "left behind by the Nightmare"...

I dont think the anime will get to the part where that is explained. If you really need the spoiler...

Mar 13, 2021 8:14 AM
Sep 2016
Luxeraph said:
I'm guessing after the knights tried to attack Kumoko when they made the formation to protect the geezer while he was casting teleport it looked like the geezer was actually casting something dangerous to Kumoko else I don't get why she tried to kill them all.

Well, the LN shows the fight from Ronandt PoV but also Kumoko's. The first knights she killed them by accident with her magic eyes, but the realized they gave a ton of exp and decided to simply kill all of them, excusing herself with the fact that they burned her home and also tried to kill her later.

Mar 13, 2021 8:58 AM

Aug 2019
What volume the anime is currently adapting?
Mar 13, 2021 8:59 AM

Sep 2011
Janethan23 said:
"What's a matter? Too thinky thinky for ya?"
I just love the fact that this anime is actually challenging a good number of viewers to actually think and not be spoon fed information like most animes have done. Some of them are still trying to figure it out when it's already clear as day with some revelations yet to come.

It's honestly not challenging at all. It spells everything out pretty blatantly except for the question of "Is Kumoko the demon lord?"
Mar 13, 2021 9:35 AM
Feb 2021
Ok, Im kinda confused. Do how we see Kumoko and how the humans see her totally different or was it some other spider the old guy and the group were fighting ?
Mar 13, 2021 9:39 AM

Jan 2015
Zygo5921 said:
Ok, Im kinda confused. Do how we see Kumoko and how the humans see her totally different or was it some other spider the old guy and the group were fighting ?

Watch after the credits and you’ll get your answer
Mar 13, 2021 9:42 AM

Jan 2013
Pandol said:
I don't get how Shun is a harem protagonist, poor guy being hated wrongfully here because seriously he is not like those harem guys and don't collect girls left and right just chillin with his sister and best buddy from his previous life

Except he behaves and is presented as a generic harem protagonist.

He is a bland, generic guy without any real personality surrounded by attractive women with practically no effort from his side. Practically all characters, if I don't count Hugo as his rival, are female. You can argue they aren't really attracted to him, but the show doesn't hammer this home, so everyone who didn't read the novel thinks of him as a harem protagonist. Because a lot of things simply makes sense only because you've read the novel
Mar 13, 2021 9:49 AM
Feb 2021
Xenocrisi said:
Zygo5921 said:

I did but they showde the old guy fighting a zoa elle and after the end credit, it shows that kumako was gonna evolve from a zoa elle but im not sure if it was actually her
Mar 13, 2021 10:16 AM

Jun 2010
So I guess Kumoko is our Demon Lord after this episode's revelations... it sure is a huge twist to the story. Everything is sort of falling into piece now on why the Elf-sensei said skills are bad and also that Wakaba is dead... probably not meant literally dead but she became evil. I'm liking the darker direction this show is heading as I'm sick of friendship winning and prefer the bad guys getting the spotlight.. especially since I gave up waiting for a new Overlord season. This show scratches that itch for me if it keeps going down the same path. Sasuga Kumoko-sama. :P

Mar 13, 2021 10:46 AM
Sep 2016
beast_regards said:
Pandol said:

Except he behaves and is presented as a generic harem protagonist.

He is a bland, generic guy without any real personality surrounded by attractive women with practically no effort from his side. Practically all characters, if I don't count Hugo as his rival, are female. You can argue they aren't really attracted to him, but the show doesn't hammer this home, so everyone who didn't read the novel thinks of him as a harem protagonist. Because a lot of things simply makes sense only because you've read the novel

I mean, he was made generic but in his defense he can hardly count being surrounded by "attractive woman" as an achievement or a harem. One of those was a guy (and a best friend of his) in his previous life, one other is his sister, other is a classmate that reincarnated into a dragon, other is a classmate that reincarnated into a religious fanatic and the last one is his former teacher.

Shun doesnt really have a harem, just female friends or acquaintance. You dont need to read the novels to know that he doesnt have a harem, you just need to know the correct definition of a harem.

ar1sh said:
What volume the anime is currently adapting?

Volume 3
Mar 13, 2021 10:47 AM

Jan 2015
Zygo5921 said:
Xenocrisi said:

I did but they showde the old guy fighting a zoa elle and after the end credit, it shows that kumako was gonna evolve from a zoa elle but im not sure if it was actually her

Kumoko was the same spider Ronandt and the others fought this episode. Kumoko’s real form is the one the human saw. The cute little spider we see is how Kumoko perceives herself (also because she can’t look at herself in a mirror). Moreover, after the credits she complained about how her new home was destroyed and burnt (the house we saw Ronandt &co destroying)
Mar 13, 2021 10:59 AM

Jan 2013
Siegfried10 said:
I mean, he was made generic but in his defense he can hardly count being surrounded by "attractive woman" as an achievement or a harem. One of those was a guy (and a best friend of his) in his previous life, one other is his sister, other is a classmate that reincarnated into a dragon, other is a classmate that reincarnated into a religious fanatic and the last one is his former teacher.

Considering that most shows actually classified as harem don't have a rating to involve any intimate or meaningful relationship, yet they can be classified as a harem show, then Shun's part of the story can do. If author wanted to avoid harem tropes, she wouldn't make male to female ratio as this show has, and wouldn't have generic audience surrogate guy stealing 50 percent of the show.

His best friend is now a hot redhead, and he was attracted to the protagonist even when he was a guy.
Little incest never stopped anime logic, neither existence of divinities... and as far as the Internet taught me, the dragon is fine too.
beast_regardsMar 13, 2021 11:29 AM
Mar 13, 2021 11:31 AM
Sep 2016
beast_regards said:
Siegfried10 said:

Considering that most shows actually classified as harem don't have a rating to involve any intimate or meaningful relationship, yet they can be classified as a harem show, then Shun's part of the story can do.

His best friend is now a hot redhead, and he was attracted to the protagonist even when he was a guy.
Little incest never stopped anime logic, neither existence of divinities... and as far as the Internet taught me, the dragon is fine too.

People wrongly classifying other shows as harems doesnt make this one a harem. A harem show is when there are many girls either in a relationship with the MC or at the very least romantically interested in him. A show with many girls but no romantic interest involved is not a harem. Mondaiji for example has a male MC and three female MCs but its not a harem, as there is no romantic interest among them.

In Shun's group the only one romantically interested in him is Karnia (and that comes with its own issues). Sue worships Shun but its still not clear if she actually likes him romantically (so far she seems more of a brocon character), and the other three girls have no feelings for the MC.

Like i said, Shun doesnt really have a harem and if you actually count this as a harem is probably the worst harem in history lol.
Mar 13, 2021 11:42 AM

Mar 2016
beast_regards said:

you wouldnt know this unless you read the novel, and by your own admission the novel emphasizes that shun does not have a harem
Red_Ranger_Wien said:
Janethan23 said:
"What's a matter? Too thinky thinky for ya?"
I just love the fact that this anime is actually challenging a good number of viewers to actually think and not be spoon fed information like most animes have done. Some of them are still trying to figure it out when it's already clear as day with some revelations yet to come.

It's honestly not challenging at all. It spells everything out pretty blatantly except for the question of "Is Kumoko the demon lord?"
i thought the same way but there are still ppl on the internet who think the show's not being blatant enough about split time periods
"I like young-girl sexual creations, Lolicon is just one hobby of my many hobbies," he says.
I ask what his wife, standing nearby, thinks of his "hobby".
"She probably thinks no problem," he replies. "Because she loves young boys sexually interacting with each other."
Mar 13, 2021 11:43 AM

Jan 2013
Siegfried10 said:
People wrongly classifying other shows as harems doesnt make this one a harem. A harem show is when there are many girls either in a relationship with the MC or at the very least romantically interested in him. A show with many girls but no romantic interest involved is not a harem. Mondaiji for example has a male MC and three female MCs but its not a harem, as there is no romantic interest among them.

If you mean Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo? it has an overpowered cocky protagonist with personality, not a bland audience surrogate, and most importantly, it doesn't revolve around girls following him around, they are all doing their own thing for the most part. As such, it doesn't have the structure of the harem show. This show however has - at least, Shun's 50% is, it's Kumoko what makes the exception. Even manipulative bitch bossing everyone around as the teacher is on screen only when she is around Shun, otherwise, the show totally forgot about her despite how overpowered she looks.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 7, 2021

138 by LunaInkChan »»
Apr 26, 11:17 PM

Poll: » Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 3, 2021

366 by Rimuru_11407 »»
Apr 21, 6:07 AM

» So there's no romance in there?

rishamr - Mar 25

12 by SwordBreaker36 »»
Apr 19, 5:07 AM

» As a LN reader, it hurts that this probably won't get another season

NXT_2006 - Feb 15, 2023

14 by DonKhixote »»
Apr 5, 4:02 PM

Poll: » Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 19, 2021

162 by Ratris_Decision »»
Mar 7, 4:07 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.