Forum Settings
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (23) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 » ... Last »
Mar 5, 2021 6:37 PM

Oct 2014
i know this chapter doesn't seem to be the most popular one, but i truly loved it. it was so heartbreaking and beautiful, i cried several times lmao. jean and connie sticking together until the end and then turning into the pure titans had me SOBBING - jean is one of my absolute favorite characters, i adore his character development, and although connie wasn't anywhere near my favorite (i like him, but since sasha died i feel like he's just kind've existed lol) it actually broke my heart when he decided to sacrifice himself :( i've seen a lot of people say they think everyone that turned into a pure titan will probably turn back now that eren is dead and as much as i want to believe that i'm still super scared for the next chapter, isayama is a depressing mf and i don't put anything past him lmfao

it was obvious mikasa was gonna be the one to kill eren, i figured she would kill him or die in the process of doing it but jessssssssssuuuuuuusssssss chrisssssssssst wtf bro. the alternate universe of what could have been hurt so much and i'm not even an eremika shipper. "see you later eren" followed by that least panel had me ugly sobbing so hard ughhhhhhh - isayama did such a beautiful job drawing it! i'm very curious about ymir smirking in the background; what could she be up to now?

anyways, i think the best way to sum this chapter up for me personally is:

approximate amount of husbando's left: 1/2 (levi)
Mar 5, 2021 6:41 PM

May 2017
I have mixed feelings about this chapter, and I don't even know what rating I should give it lol, there's just so many confusing things going on that I just don't even have any idea how this is going to conclude in one chapter. I am really sad about Jean and Connie though, I really think this is it for them, especially after that conversation they had, it's just so depressing, they both deserved better. Gabi, however, I think she's definitely going to survive this, either Reiner or Falco are going to sacrifice themselves to save her (I'm guessing Falco though since he made that promise to Reiner that he will save her). But it just hurt seeing them all as titans like that... Man, I expected a tragedy at some point but this was just so brutal :(

Now, the EM stuff... I'm not sure how I feel about it, I like that we finally got an explanation for the "see you later" panel, but I don't understand this AU thing, why did Eren change his mind about the rumbling because Mikasa confess to him? I thought he was doing this to save his friends and to fight for Paradis' freedom. This is exactly the reason why I disliked EH too, boiling down Eren's motives to be about Historia only, but now it's Mikasa instead, which is not any better. Maybe I'm misunderstanding something, but it just seems so out of character for both Eren and Mikasa to ditch their friends (especially Armin) and leave them on the island to get killed while they run away to live peacefully..

I think I'm just going to wait for next chapter to form an actual opinion on this one though, because there's just so many things that are confusing right now that maybe will get explained later. I just hope we get a satisfying ending no matter what happens.
Mar 5, 2021 6:44 PM

Jun 2011
I'm so happy with this.. there was only 2 good ways to end it imo:
- This (ChadEren dying while continuing his end the world mission) -at the hand of Mikasa made it better-.
- ChadEren ends the world.

Now Isayama don't you dare next chapter revive anybody or timeline bullshit.. leave it as it is.
Mar 5, 2021 6:44 PM

Aug 2020
Lux_Vacui said:
The rumbling stopped, but somehow Eren can conviniently keep using some of his founder abilities. And somehow Falco can conveniently use the scream now even though Zeke is dead, but somehow none of the Marleyans titan researchers ever thought of testing new shifters titanized with Zeke's spinal fluid, and observing if they had those abilities.

Let's add all those somehow's to the previous ones, from 124 when Eren couldn't revert Zeke's titans, to the alliance going out of their way to play heroes and help the people who want to genocide them, to Eren refusing to fully use his full powers to stop the alliance in 133, and to the numerous asspulls in 137, and we get our abundant pile of plot conveniences in order to have this final battle happening and going exactly as Isayama wanted to.

Unexplained plot devices apart, this chapter did nothing to redeem the previous one in terms of tones of the narrative, atmosphere and thematic consistency. Nobody at this point can keep pretending the alliance was portrayed as anything other than cliche heroes in the "right" and Eren as anything other than a mad nutjob who went too far. Everything is pointing towards a peace ending with the survivors even though it makes absolutely no fucking sense after what Eren has done. I can hardly see how is the last chapter supposed to subvert all of this, and even if somehow it will end up actually doing that it would still not redeem how poor this final arc has been overall.

Also the "see you later" moment was really underwhelming and just boring for being a plot point foreshadowed ever since chapter 1. Chapters 121 and 122 did far more better at that.

Next chapter we will probably have some closure with Ymir, the titan curse being lifted, and its positive nonsensical consequences for the status of the Eldians, and maybe what's left of Eren and Historia POV.

the worst thing is that eren seems to be fighting back, so was he fighting back all along? and he casued 0 danger for the alliance then? lol
Mar 5, 2021 6:47 PM
Jul 2018
Lux_Vacui said:
Borshta said:

Put a stop to your somehows bro. Eren is the founding titan, and rumbling is founding titan's ability which stopped. Did falco really transform eldians?, Hallucigenia-chan can transform them.

And bro why do you think Female titan was able to somehow control titans with her scream?

Why could Eren form that colossal titan forms then if he lost his founder abilites?

Falco was clearly the one to trigger their transformation, why him?

The female titan can only bait mindless titans to its own location, it can't control them.

About that CT form, I'm thinking that's something like Founder ymir's form cause he is still the FT, losing Hallucigenia-chan could've made him lose rumbling.

On that falco bit I'm not really sure, but if he did, that must be cause of zeke's fluid, he can't control them like zeke cause his spinal fluid didn't transform them and can't transform them (he doesn't have that ability), it was Hallucigenia-chan.

Same for annie, she can only somewhat control them (marley did made her drink diff. fluids), cause she ain't got transforming eldians ability in her spinal fluid. If there was someone who drank zeke's spinal fluid I think she might be able to transform them too.

The only one that can transform or control them is the one who has abilities related to spinal fluid.

I do think ending will be disappointing if this mess isn't explained in last chapter. Like our sleeping beauty.
removed-userMar 5, 2021 7:18 PM
Mar 5, 2021 6:57 PM
Oct 2019
what the hell isayama, this is madness
Mar 5, 2021 7:04 PM

Jul 2017
Yams had so many endings planned out, but he hasn't stayed in one lane. He, himself, clearly doesn't know how he wanted this to end, which is the problem with this arc in general. There's been too much compromising, and it seems he's settled for a mix. I enjoyed this chapter, but it feels like a quick fallback as opposed to a fully developed ending. Things add up, but not by a lot. I can't take it seriously lol, feels closer to a fanfic. Yams kept too many routes open, even at the last minute. No matter how this ended, my biggest gripe was always going to be the things left unanswered and important POVs tho. Last chapter is apparently only 45 pages... Think I've lost hope in all that. Wish he just completely dedicated time and attention to one route, one ending. This arc probably wouldn't even need to be this long.

Mar 5, 2021 7:16 PM

Oct 2013
nicolesherlyn_66 said:
imbAF said:

But AOT IS BETTER THEN ALL OF THEM xD

Tell me why it is not? Regardless of the ending, your mind was set into salt mode! Fact is AOT is better then 99% of the manga, sorry facts!
facts?lmao you sound like a damn child i literally cannot stand on you fanboys you get butthurt when someone shits on your favorite series. this fandom has reach a new low wow

Exactly there is no facts, so your opinion isn't any better than his, it's stale mate.
Mar 5, 2021 7:29 PM

Jan 2020
Holy shit what an amazing chapter. Mikasas character writing was great and very emotional. Everyone seing their families again only for a bunch of them to get turned into titans is insane. The paralell moments between Mikasas dream and the reality with her killing Eren was incredible. Especially the ending where Mikasa imagined kissing her "fantasy Eren" while in real life kissing his lifeless head was so fucked up and brilliant.

This is an easy 10/10 chapter. Probably my 5th favorite in the entire manga (after 122, 131, 121 and 123)
Mar 5, 2021 7:30 PM

Oct 2020
well, this is a disappointing ending to this manga.
Mar 5, 2021 7:30 PM
Apr 2019
Whayle said:
SirTristamSfan said:
Poetic Masterpiece. This surpasses evangelions' ending by far. Now I will take that back if somehow the ones who turned titans are reversed back .Please dont do that yams.

Lmfao the absolute state of SnK fanboys
EoE is still cult 24 years later, SnK's ending will never be remembered positively.

C'mon, I did get Evangelion vibes with everyone basically dying in the last moment.
Mar 5, 2021 7:40 PM

Sep 2017
i dont know man, i cant say anything at this point

this is literally me reading the chapter

one chapter left, till then i will hold my score for this series
Mar 5, 2021 7:41 PM
Mar 2018
bruh did eren just die? and mikasa kissing erens head was weird af. in a way, eren accomplished his goal of genocide. nothing can stop those army of titans now. so my question is why did they have to kill eren? he has already won. those titans cant be reverted back to human form and i doubt the non eldians are going to survive. also lmaooo yes gabi is titan now.

and one more q. why didnt any1 of erens friends side with him? levi, connie, jean, mikasa and armin all are against erens genocide that are benefitting them? why?
Mar 5, 2021 7:42 PM
Jul 2018
Idc what anyone says but this chapter confirmed eren is the best.

removed-userMar 5, 2021 7:52 PM
Mar 5, 2021 7:44 PM

Oct 2017
And I'm dead inside, that last panel killed me.
Mar 5, 2021 7:45 PM

Oct 2014
Well, fuck this trash
Mar 5, 2021 8:04 PM

Jan 2011
this chapter had the nice boat ending
Mar 5, 2021 8:06 PM

Mar 2012
hey at least we got confirmation mikasa is a creepy, delusional necrophile LMAO
Mar 5, 2021 8:09 PM

Nov 2020
zalapeno said:
i dont know man, i cant say anything at this point

this is literally me reading the chapter

i second this, i'm bummed tbh but i'll hold my final verdict till chapter 139. see y'all in a month
Mar 5, 2021 8:14 PM
Nov 2014
@ArisXav @chiearlymorning thanks and yeah i just read it.

ok chapter, i don't think eren is dead from getting decapitated by mikasa. too easy for him to die. this is a guy that starts out a genocide. Remember 123 last panel, he ain't going down this easily. especially since there is still 1 more chapter left.
Mar 5, 2021 8:23 PM

Aug 2018
Unless Eren pulls out an UNO reverse card next chapter this is truly irredeemable garbage, and Isayama should be remembered as a hack who ruined the best piece of fiction ever written with bullshit like Mikasa randomly guessing "uuuuu eren is inside the mouth" when that has never, ever been the case for any titan shifter and Zeke somehow randomly being able to make dead shifters fight for the alliance.
Words can't express how insanely bad and poorly written these last two chapters have been, and I don't understand why Isayama would ruin what he spent 11 years writing.
I use Arch, btw.
Mar 5, 2021 8:23 PM

Oct 2017
So... is Eren dead? We never even got Eren's point of view. I can't help but feel a bit disappointed. This whole time Eren felt like a side character. They only ever showed his titan form and that's it. I guess no point in giving a point of view of a dead person?

And at the end, how did the others transform into a titan? Did Eren transform them? Because that isn't like Eren.

This was a really sad ending... Just gonna wait for chapter 139 and see what happens.
Mar 5, 2021 8:25 PM

Jun 2020
Quit frothing. Don't forget that Isayama also created
petterson_ said:
the best piece of fiction ever written
Mar 5, 2021 8:26 PM

Aug 2018
GoZha said:
petterson_ said:

Him ruining it outweighs him creating it.
I use Arch, btw.
Mar 5, 2021 8:30 PM

Jun 2020
petterson_ said:
GoZha said:

Are you kidding me dude... I've seen a ton of stupid shit in these forums today but this right here definitely takes the cake for the most stupid shit. But I'll just go ahead and give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you're talking in the heat of the moment out of anger
Mar 5, 2021 8:31 PM
Jul 2019
The title scared me
the kiss was ridiculous

but not bad chap

two hope !!
hope eren doesn't wake up in the next chap to go to school

hope that those turned to titans not return to humans in the next chapter

Jean ...... Connie..... it was long jurney

3/5

HhgufMar 5, 2021 8:35 PM
Mar 5, 2021 8:36 PM

Aug 2013
Sourire said:
HeyHeyHey_10 said:
So the whole thing with Historia being pregnant was just beacause Isayama didn't know how to handle his character post-time skip and just took her out of the scene?
Are you guys trolling or simply this dumb? Historia became pregnant to not be fed Zeke and turning into the beast titan.

Except that she already knew about Zeke's wine cum. Why would she still bother to get herself pregnant?
Mar 5, 2021 8:39 PM

Aug 2018
GoZha said:
petterson_ said:

Are you kidding me dude... I've seen a ton of stupid shit in these forums today but this right here definitely takes the cake for the most stupid shit. But I'll just go ahead and give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you're talking in the heat of the moment out of anger

The ending is the most important part of any piece of fiction, if the ending is shit why bother, even if the rest is good?
I use Arch, btw.
Mar 5, 2021 8:42 PM
May 2020
Eren's last memory is his life with Mikasa in the Alternative universe. He's dead. We now only wait for his POV in the flashbacks
Mar 5, 2021 8:43 PM

Jun 2020
petterson_ said:
GoZha said:

The ending is the most important part of any piece of fiction, if the ending is shit why bother, even if the rest is good?
LMAO then why did you call it
petterson_ said:
before we were even near an ending?

Just chill the fuck out man. You're so mad and keep making yourself look like a hypocritical fool because of it
Mar 5, 2021 8:45 PM

Aug 2018
GoZha said:
petterson_ said:

petterson_ said:

Just chill the fuck out man. You're so mad and keep making yourself look like a hypocritical fool because of it

Happy now? Because this is what I meant.
petterson_ said:
the best piece of fiction ever written (pre chapter 137)

I use Arch, btw.
Mar 5, 2021 8:46 PM
Jul 2018
loli_a_ravioli said:
Sourire said:
Are you guys trolling or simply this dumb? Historia became pregnant to not be fed Zeke and turning into the beast titan.

Except that she already knew about Zeke's wine cum. Why would she still bother to get herself pregnant?

That might be a legit point. If historia wasn't pregnant I think Paradis gov would have fed zeke to historia and if eren didn't agree with them, then he would've been eaten by some other guy too.
But her being pregnant saved zeke from being eaten.
Mar 5, 2021 8:48 PM
Jul 2016
I love mikasa’s conclusion and the consequences alliance faced, was really sad with the panel of connie and jean before they got titanized. But this chapter gives me more question and i’m pretty concerned how yams can wrap this up in next chapter
Mar 5, 2021 8:48 PM
Jul 2019
Hhguf said:
The title scared me
the kiss was ridiculous

but not bad chap

two hope !!
hope eren doesn't wake up in the next chap to go to school

hope that those turned to titans not return to humans in the next chapter

Jean ...... Connie..... it was long jurney

3/5

ok I changed my mind
4/5
i was want this
dark ending ...
but I still want to happening the two wishes as i said
of course i know it that eren would die at the end
Mar 5, 2021 8:49 PM
May 2020
Calling the ending. Ymir is happy because Mikasa showed her what true love is. She'll remove the curse and probably revive Eren. We'll get a timeskip where Eren and Mikasa have a baby. This is your ending. I hope you're satisfied
Mar 5, 2021 8:50 PM

Jun 2020
petterson_ said:
GoZha said:

Happy now? Because this is what I meant.
petterson_ said:
the best piece of fiction ever written (pre chapter 137)
So you claim that
petterson_ said:
, but you were also claiming that this was
petterson_ said:
way before the ending was even in sight, so if the ending is the most important part, then how can a story with no ending be
petterson_ said:
???

Whatever man Imma just let you sit in the corner and calm your big man titties. You're clearly not coming from a level headed angle right now
Mar 5, 2021 8:50 PM
Jul 2018
armchair3 said:
Calling the ending. Ymir is happy because Mikasa showed her what true love is. She'll remove the curse and probably revive Eren. We'll get a timeskip where Eren and Mikasa have a baby. This is your ending. I hope you're satisfied

What abt annie and armin?
Mar 5, 2021 8:52 PM
May 2020
Borshta said:
armchair3 said:

I'm just talking about Eren and Mikasa here. But I think that not a single alliance member besides Reiner will die
Mar 5, 2021 8:53 PM

Feb 2016
arthur_morgan2 said:
armchair3 said:
This chapter is implying that if Mikasa confessed Eren would let everyone die. Someone defend this bullshit. Quick

this!! i already pointed this out in other threads here and most people just seem to ignore it.
do people not realize how dumb this is?!

You are absolutely right and I regret comparing AOT to GOT (in terms of hype) because now we are gonna get the GOT trainwreck ending

cant believe im seeing a shit ending for the 2nd time. jfc
Mar 5, 2021 8:53 PM
Jul 2018
armchair3 said:
Borshta said:

I'm just talking about Eren and Mikasa here. But I think that not a single alliance member besides Reiner will die

Jean-bo and connie?
Mar 5, 2021 8:54 PM
May 2020
Borshta said:
armchair3 said:

Jean-bo and connie?
Saved in the last moment by Ymir (Removing the curse)
Mar 5, 2021 8:55 PM
Jul 2019
armchair3 said:
Can someone explain to me what the fuck did I just read?

it was good chapter except the stupid kiss
Mar 5, 2021 8:56 PM

Aug 2018
Dildry said:
arthur_morgan2 said:

this!! i already pointed this out in other threads here and most people just seem to ignore it.

You are absolutely right and I regret comparing AOT to GOT (in terms of hype) because now we are gonna get the GOT trainwreck ending

There will be no shingeKI NO kyojin for us.
I use Arch, btw.
Mar 5, 2021 8:58 PM
Jul 2018
petterson_ said:
Dildry said:

There will be no shingeKI NO kyojin for us.

lmao wait dude, don't lose hope. Chapter 141 is gonna explain everything.
Mar 5, 2021 8:59 PM
Sep 2017
Nice callback to the 1st chapter. This chapter was decent.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 5, 2021 8:59 PM

Oct 2020
So funny.No one will get a good end,no one will realize his dream.Everyone will go to the end with a great deal of regret.THIS IS AOT!

See your family?Well,that's awesome,but next second you'll see they turn into titans in front of you.Stop ending the world?Well,that's great,but next second you'll see your companions who always fight alongside with you turn into titans in front of you.An F word for you,for myself,for Isayama !

Ok,let's see what Isayama will kill in the last chapter.April please come soon.Hurry to end my youth.
[/url]
Mar 5, 2021 9:02 PM

Feb 2021
Dildry said:
arthur_morgan2 said:

at least most of the got fanbase realized how bad the ending was, and how nearly character arc got butchered. unlike most of this fanbase who will hail this thing as a masterpiece.
Mar 5, 2021 9:06 PM
Nov 2020
So there’s no plot twist and the power of friendship and talk no jutsu effect really happened in 137. The end doesn’t justify the means. If the many plot conveniences in the final fight didn’t happen then it could’ve been good but they did. Goodbye masterpiece quality. Only 1 more chapter left which probably won’t change much. I hope it doesn’t end with “Ymir becomes good and takes away all titan powers to bring back everyone who got transformed” šŸ¤£
Mar 5, 2021 9:08 PM
Nov 2018
so that was wild damn, but did anyone notice what yelena said in 132 about eren's plan that's where research of military and airship is based basically and where are eren and his titans now. he would've killed everyone and he did let his important people die, i think everyone is just about to have seizures if this can happen, i mean he did let everyone try their best and i think he's going to activate rumbling idk how but he will let everyone close to him die maybe he will respawn or ymir does something .............. there's definitely something behind her smile and it's not eren's defeat.
this might be a bluff for all i know but isayama never goes off the rail to conclude the story just like that and there's still that slimy thing so who knows still something crazy is gonna happen in 139.

https://attackontitan.fandom.com/wiki/Fort_Salta
https://www.reddit.com/r/ShingekiNoKyojin/comments/iprafs/new_chapter_spoilers_the_importance_of_fort_salta/
Mar 5, 2021 9:09 PM
May 2020
Ymir will remove the curse after witnessing Mikasa's pure love. Remember my words
Pages (23) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Should the new "volume 35" art book with an extra chapter about Levi's backstory be considered part of this series or should it get its own entry on here?

ryan77999 - Yesterday

3 by nexuro01 »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 139 / Ending Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

NextUniverse - Apr 7, 2021

1874 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 25, 10:48 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 4 Discussion

MagEarwhig - Sep 11, 2011

25 by HenryDanger »»
Apr 24, 6:34 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 141 Discussion

venti_e - Sep 30, 2022

32 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 20, 1:36 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 77 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2016

137 by Berry-Vodka »»
Mar 31, 12:03 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.