Forum Settings
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (23) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 5, 2021 8:58 AM

Jan 2009
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------

official english scans are out

so is that long dream a shared dream between Mikasa and Eren?
how did Mikasa know that Eren is in the mouth of the Colossal Attack Titan?
why "the see you later Eren" is the same in chapter 1 and in this chapter?
so it might be a shared dream between them via some PATHS plus the Attack Titan power of future memories
sure the Ackermans are immune to memory brainwashing but those 2 powers as well as Mikasa and Eren both wanting to talk to each other might pull it off

chapter 137 - Guardians of The Galaxy ending
chapter 138 - Mist ending (the hallucigenia smoke is the mist)
chapter 139 - Muv Luv ending(?)
seems that Isayama is adding all his planned endings

chapter 137 - Armin focus
chapter 138 - Mikasa focus
chapter 139 - Eren focus(?)

degMar 8, 2021 1:16 PM
Mar 5, 2021 9:14 AM

Aug 2019
Yep, this was the great chapter this final fight needed... but yeah I don’t like that final panel at all, a hug or something would have made the same point.
Mar 5, 2021 9:15 AM
Aug 2016
Bruh that was too good! I hope Jaegerists are a little bit happier compared to when the previous chapter was released. Also, no Pieck!! Why her Isayama?! 😥😥
Also, happy to see our boi Onyankopon safe. 😓😓
Mar 5, 2021 9:15 AM
Jul 2018
Poetic Masterpiece. This surpasses evangelions' ending by far. Now I will take that back if somehow the ones who turned titans are reversed back .Please dont do that yams.
Mar 5, 2021 9:16 AM
Jul 2018
cAbaddon said:
Yep, this was the great chapter this final fight needed... but yeah I don’t like that final panel at all, a hug or something would have made the same point.

What ,I thought the kiss was the part that made it symbolic. So what if its just his head.
Mar 5, 2021 9:19 AM

Jun 2014
Waiting for the translated version. By the looks of it, I feel like finally AOT is doing what it's best at
Mar 5, 2021 9:20 AM
May 2015
Koustubh said:
Bruh that was too good! I hope Jaegerists are a little bit happier compared to when the previous chapter was released. Also, no Pieck!! Why her Isayama?! 😥😥

What happens to Pieck?
Mar 5, 2021 9:20 AM
Oct 2012
Yep. I'm fully and completely blackpilled at this point. Fuck Arumin. Fuck Mankasa. Fuck Eren, "keep pushing forward" my ass. Most importantly, fuck Isayama.
deg said:

Mikasa x Eren is a tragic romantic pairing for sure

It's neither romantic nor a pairing. It's a one-sided, creepy obsession by a mentally ill, schizophrenic, psychopathic stalker.
Mar 5, 2021 9:22 AM

Feb 2021
got season 8>>>>whatever this arc is
Mar 5, 2021 9:24 AM
Oct 2012
arthur_morgan2 said:

This is shaping up to be a far bigger trainwreck than GOT S8.
Mar 5, 2021 9:24 AM

Jul 2012
Lmao literal necrophilia. Cant believe Isayama destroyed Mikasa like that. Who the fuck thinks kissing a decapitated head was a good idea? If you want a kiss, let them kiss before the beheading. Garbage chapter. Garbage arc.

Some other highlights from the chapter:
-More fake stakes. We all know everyone will be un-titanized by the next chapter. We all know nothing will happen to any of the alliance members lol. "Oh they are cornered this time they are in trouble!" The same thing where the main cast was in trouble in every scene during the whitewalker battle in GOT season 8. They will all be fine.
-Eren not using any of his powers except a simple knuckleduster.
-Ymir creeply smiling at Mikasa kissing a dead head
-Probably all of the Marley soldiers will be fine as well. Im sure they wont even change their minds about "noo eldians are good now!" after seeing literally all of them turning into titans lmao
ShadzzoMar 5, 2021 9:32 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 5, 2021 9:25 AM
Aug 2016
arthur_morgan2 said:

Did you not like it because Mikasa decapitated Eren? Asking out of curiosity... 😅
Mar 5, 2021 9:25 AM

Oct 2018
this might just be THE fucking worst chapter in any manga I've ever read holy fuck
absolutely horrendous
if this is how the manga ends i'd even call bleach's ending a masterpiece in comparison
Mar 5, 2021 9:26 AM

Feb 2011
Well this is quite frankly embarrassing. We should've all seen it coming the moment the alliance was introduced in the story since everything surrounding it was just bad writing. Fundamentally it makes no sense. Isayama had so many paths available that he could have taken to deliver a good ending, so many possibilities, it's not like he was restricted by his writing at all, and despite all that he decides to go with.. whatever this is. I'm appalled, AoT had phenomenal moments and it will stick with me for as long as i live, but this ending will definitely leave a bitter taste in my mouth forever, which in turn will make it hard to appreciate AoT as much as I did before.
Mar 5, 2021 9:26 AM

Jan 2009
Yang_Wenli said:

deg said:

Mikasa x Eren is a tragic romantic pairing for sure

It's neither romantic nor a pairing. It's a one-sided, creepy obsession by a mentally ill, schizophrenic, psychopathic stalker.

Mikasa was having a headache she is not schizophrenic but might be Eren inserted some false images or memories into her head
Mar 5, 2021 9:28 AM
Aug 2016
WTTC2 said:
Koustubh said:

What happens to Pieck?

Most likely she is gonna get eaten by mindless titans.
Mar 5, 2021 9:29 AM

Dec 2013
SirTristamSfan said:
Poetic Masterpiece. This surpasses evangelions' ending by far. Now I will take that back if somehow the ones who turned titans are reversed back .Please dont do that yams.

Lmfao the absolute state of SnK fanboys
EoE is still cult 24 years later, SnK's ending will never be remembered positively.
Mar 5, 2021 9:30 AM
Sep 2020
deg said:
Yang_Wenli said:

Mikasa was having a headache she is not schizophrenic but might be Eren inserted some false images or memories into her head

Wait I don't get is how Mikasa's blood and bruises all completely disappeared in that final panel, and Ymir with that voyeurism, smiling like a cuck, is it all a fake memory or something?
Mar 5, 2021 9:30 AM
Jul 2019
There is no hallucination my man Eren is dead... as planned. We could have seen this coming from far away. I have mixed feeling about this, i guess it couldn't been helped, Eren was beyond redemption. Mikasa doing what she is the best at, cute and creepy as hell at the same time (more creepy to be honest), still I'm such a simp for her it's give me a headache.

Oops I forgot about Ymir on the back. I guess this is the last hint about what's coming. I guess he is not totally finished ? If some people have some theories, anything !
YuaiMar 5, 2021 9:37 AM
Mar 5, 2021 9:32 AM
Aug 2016
Whayle said:
SirTristamSfan said:

EoE is still cult 24 years later, SnK's ending will never be remembered positively.

Why not though? I mean, there are flaws for sure. But aside from Mikasa's weird kiss scene, isn't that what Jaegerists wanted, that the alliance dies?
Mar 5, 2021 9:33 AM
Jun 2020
arthur_morgan2 said:

This is nonsense. GoT S7 and S8 are way worse than anything AoT related. At least Eren and Mikasa have a great chemistry unlike Jon and Daenerys.

Actually this chapter looks like the most interesting one since 131.

Jan 2009
solele said:
deg said:

Wait I don't get is how Mikasa's blood and bruises all completely disappeared in that final panel, and Ymir with that voyeurism, smiling like a cuck, is it all a fake memory or something?

it might be the hallucination and delusion that Mikasa sees (artificial schizophrenia) but Ymir smiling is i think legit since i think she is attracted by love since she is deprived of it all her life
The Komori

Mar 2013
arthur_morgan2 said:
This isn't even anywhere near as bad as GoT S8 was...Yall need to cut this blind hate out now lol
Mar 5, 2021 9:34 AM
Aug 2016
Tokoya said:
arthur_morgan2 said:
This isn't even anywhere near as bad as GoT S8 was...Yall need to cut this blind hate out now lol

I too feel the same way as you do. It's really not that bad, if I have to be honest.
Mar 5, 2021 9:35 AM

Oct 2018
Tokoya said:
arthur_morgan2 said:

You're right. It's way worse than GoT S8 ever was.
Mar 5, 2021 9:35 AM

Feb 2021
Yang_Wenli said:
arthur_morgan2 said:

correct. i can't believe that some people here are actually liking this. isayama took erens character and fucking destroyed it. unlike got season 8, probably 70% of people will call it a masterpiece because ''my shounen''.
Mar 5, 2021 9:36 AM
May 2015
arthur_morgan2 said:

Would love to see you pointing out why, hehe.
Mar 5, 2021 9:36 AM
Oct 2012
Koustubh said:
Whayle said:

Why not though? I mean, there are flaws for sure. But aside from Mikasa's weird kiss scene, isn't that what Jaegerists wanted, that the alliance dies?

Nobody is dead yet. Ymir most likely will revert everyone's titanization. The fact that Gabi got titanized makes this almost a certainty.
Mar 5, 2021 9:37 AM
Aug 2016
arthur_morgan2 said:
Yang_Wenli said:

correct. i can't believe that some people here are actually liking this. isayama took erens character and fucking destroyed it. unlike got season 8, probably 70% of people will call it a masterpiece because ''my shounen''.

Would love to see why do you think so. Not trying to be offensive or anything. Just wanted a dissatisfied reader's perspective.

Aug 2013
deg said:
Yang_Wenli said:

She's an Ackerman you dumbo. They can't be affected by any kind of memory tampering or alteration.
Mar 2015
Theory: The last panel is still part of the dream sequence. Ymir is the one behind it.
That or the plan was to get parasyte fellah out of the way. If there's no human's to attach to it Titans will finish it sooner or later.

Dec 2013
Koustubh said:
Whayle said:

It's so stupid that Eren would let himself get killed, especially when he knows the future and when he's been annoying us for years about moving forward, freedom and lalala
We still don't know if the Alliance will remain titans or not, given the small amount of balls Isayama has shown during these last 10 chapters
Mar 5, 2021 9:38 AM
Jul 2018
deg said:
Yang_Wenli said:

How is it mentally ill lol. She always loved him, Eren might have subtle feelings for her too. Didnt anyone else see the devilman scene where the mc held his gf's head ,Everyone thought that was masterpiece or symbolic but when aot does that everyone loses their mind
Jul 2018
things are just happening out of nowhere at this point. Felt nothing with the eren thing at the end. Nothing was explained. Idk what to think anymore
May 2015
Koustubh said:
WTTC2 said:
What happens to Pieck?
Most likely she is gonna get eaten by mindless titans.

I see. Many death flags actually to all characters.
Jan 2019
i genuinly don't know how to feel about this. WTF is happening
Is Eren dead ? What about his POV ? How's this ending in one chapter ? Is connie and jean dead ? What's Ymir's intentions ?
Blackkatsu001Mar 5, 2021 9:53 AM
Mar 5, 2021 9:39 AM

May 2009
So the worm/hallucigenia secretes gas that turned shitload of eldians there into mindless titans (Jean, Connie, Annie's father, etc)
Mar 5, 2021 9:39 AM
May 2020
Can someone explain to me what the fuck did I just read?
Mar 5, 2021 9:40 AM
Jul 2018
Whayle said:
Koustubh said:

It's so stupid that Eren would let himself get killed, especially when he knows the future and when he's been annoying us for years about moving forward, freedom and lalala
We still don't know if the Alliance will remain titans or not, given the small amount of balls Isayama has shown during these last 10 chapters

He wanted to be stopped lol. Plus there is no reason those titans will turn back .
Mar 5, 2021 9:40 AM
Aug 2016
Whayle said:
Koustubh said:

Hmm, I see. Yes, I kind of agree with you that Eren should have restrained everyone when he had a chance, and finished the rumbling in one go. But to be fair, I am also happy at the same time that things are not completely going the alliance's way, because that could have been far worse.
Mar 5, 2021 9:42 AM
Aug 2016
Yang_Wenli said:
Koustubh said:

Nobody is dead yet. Ymir most likely will revert everyone's titanization. The fact that Gabi got titanized makes this almost a certainty.

Hmm, now that would be truly disappointing. I just hope that it does not happen. But there is supporting evidence is S2 Ending credits that what you say might just happen. So, I am keeping my expectations low lol.
Mar 5, 2021 9:42 AM

Mar 2021
Hoddrs said:
Tokoya said:

You're right. It's way worse than GoT S8 ever was.

How? Like honestly, explain what you think NEEDED to happen for you to respect the ending? I'm curious. Because myself, and many others are satisfied by where Isayama has taken this - it's not perfect, but IMO it's quite beautiful.

And I was bummed as hell by GOT s8.
Mar 5, 2021 9:43 AM
May 2020
This chapter is implying that if Mikasa confessed Eren would let everyone die. Someone defend this bullshit. Quick
Mar 5, 2021 9:45 AM
Oct 2012
SirTristamSfan said:

How is it mentally ill lol. She always loved him, Eren might have subtle feelings for her too. Didnt anyone else see the devilman scene where the mc held his gf's head ,Everyone thought that was masterpiece or symbolic but when aot does that everyone loses their mind

You're right, dude. You are so right I have fallen in love with you. Now come closer so I can cut your head off and give you a smooch.
Mar 5, 2021 9:46 AM

Oct 2013
So final chapter is Eren, Historia and Ymir focus chapter. Depending on how the final chapter is executed, its hard to really know how to rate this one.

I haven't read it yet, but I like what I saw for the most.

Only the final page is a bit too edgy for my liking, I have no doubt in my mind that if it was reverse with Eren doing it to Mikasa after killing everyone the hate would not be as big.

But Eren losing = bad no matter how its executed.

keragammingMar 5, 2021 9:54 AM

Mar 2021
Whayle said:
Koustubh said:

We don't really know what Eren's endgame is yet. Also - exactly. He knows the future. Which leads you to suspect all of this is going as he planned.
I don't get how him starting the Rumbling and killing everyone as he always wanted, is somehow better writing. It would be so boring, the story would've ended with another MC victory and everyone going along with him cause they aren't given as loud a voice as the MC. There's nothing remotely fulfilling about that kind of ending to me.

I think it's so much more interesting that his own closest companions turned against him. And again - I think the last chapter is going to give his POV.
May 2020
Borshta said:
armchair3 said:
This chapter is implying that if Mikasa confessed Eren would let everyone die. Someone defend this bullshit. Quick

THAT'S JUST MIKASA's FANFICTION.
She and Eren had a same dream. Read chapter 1. If Mikasa confessed Eren would let everyone die. Fuck this manga and fuck this author
Mar 5, 2021 9:47 AM

Aug 2013
deg said:
loli_a_ravioli said:

She's an Ackerman you dumbo. They can't be affected by any kind of memory tampering or alteration.

Eren is beyond that now that he is part of the hallucigenia i mean how can you explain the headache she is having all through out the manga but Levi did not have even one headache?

Levi had his headaches in the past. Also her headaches don't always mean that she received any sort of memory or shit like that.

Eren is beyond...what? He literally only became the first Founding Titan since Karl Fritz that wasn't bounded by any oath. And even the cuck king still can't tamper the memories from Ackerman people.
Mar 5, 2021 9:48 AM

Jul 2012
Tfw the only character development Mikasa got in this entire story is schizophrenia and necrophilia.

Sasuga Isayama sensei!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 5, 2021 9:48 AM

Feb 2021
armchair3 said:

this!! i already pointed this out in other threads here and most people just seem to ignore it.
do people not realize how dumb this is?!

Pages (23) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » did u guys hate the ending? ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Nov 1, 2023

61 by deg »»
May 13, 12:29 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 78 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

keragamming - Feb 6, 2016

123 by CutieAnshin »»
May 12, 2:40 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 139 / Ending Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

NextUniverse - Apr 7, 2021

1870 by KatoWorks »»
May 10, 10:38 AM

» Should the new "volume 35" art book with an extra chapter about Levi's backstory be considered part of this series or should it get its own entry on here?

ryan77999 - May 1

9 by ryan77999 »»
May 7, 12:20 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 4 Discussion

MagEarwhig - Sep 11, 2011

25 by HenryDanger »»
Apr 24, 6:34 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.