Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 5, 2021 12:58 AM

Nov 2016
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Oh boy, Oda is really teasing us with Sanj. Everything is open at this point for all kind of match ups and I wouldn't really mind him fawning over Yamato either lol

There are many pairings I'd like to see

Bropper or Brook vs Perospero could be exciting. They still have to pay him back and now also for Carrot and Wanda who lost because the moon was blocked. I don't mind, yet a shame we didn't get to see at least a few panels of it. Maybe Carrot can make a comeback? Otherwise F to her and the chances of joining the crew which as of late were not that high anyway, especially since the introduction of Yamato. The best girl business is a tough one.

King and Queen are still busy with Marco yet with Perospero around and him getting tired I can see this ending at any time. Either he's going to lose thanks to Perospero intervening or we see an incoming team up of him and the latter. You can never know tbh. Big props to Marco btw. His fighting panels looked dope and he's doing his rep justice. The Disaster had it rather rough so far.

This reminds of Marineford. The Whitebeard Pirates were amazing, but they had to face the full power of the marines, with 3 admirals and all. Thus Marco, Jozu, Vista couldn't really stand out as absolutely OP,  even tho they would've wrecked pretty much every other crew or organisation. The Disaster had similarly pretty unfortunate match ups. Jack vs whole Mink tribe(still fought like a true beast, later against Fujitora, Sengoku and Tsuru(yeah hell no, that would've been hell even for a Yonkou) lastly slapped by Zunisha and Sulong Inu and Neko. Queen was dishonored by an angry Big Mom.  King made a solid first impression by sending the Big Mom Pirates, now he has to face a Marco whose name fell right after the Yonkou as a someone who could stop Blackbeard. Goes to show that Yonkou Commander even the top aren't on the same level. Ben Beckman probably the prime example of this from what we heard. I could even see that Katakuri is more skilled than King or Queen(I mean look at his haki and what he got out of his DF)

Anyway, they're still monster in their own right. Queen with is an ancient zoan-cyborg-okama, that should count for something. He even got a laser which makes me more curious regarding his connection to Judge and potentially Vegapunk(because laser) Still a more challening opponent than Jack I guess.

Surpsingly also some focus on Hyogoro and damn, he's a badass for sure. I wonder who is going to save him, would suck to see him die now or he turns into an ice oni and goes on a rampage last second. Let's hope the next chapter picks up right at this point. Otherwise it would be the 4th cliffhanger in a row xD

This was needed btw

Rsembles the traditional villains line-up volume covers a lot(tho Drake feels misplaced)

FMmatronMar 5, 2021 4:21 AM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 5, 2021 1:18 AM

Oct 2015
ya boii persopero
back at it again
Hottest Take Ever, fite me: Fairy Tail is better than Seiya, Bungou Stray and Hitman Reborn
Mar 5, 2021 1:23 AM

Oct 2017
Woa boss Hyogoro back in his regular size but that was in exchange of his life force damn. Marco taking on both King and Queen at the same time really shows that he used to be the WB pirate's first division commander. Thou as expected he's getting worn out in a two vs one fight. Also is this the end for boss Hyogoro? I hope not.
Mar 5, 2021 1:25 AM

Sep 2019
Momonosuke's having the time of his life.

Perospero's disgusting.
Mar 5, 2021 1:55 AM

Feb 2021
It was an alright chapter. After that banger 1005, this one seems kind of eh. I was hoping to see more Robin but nope. At least Marco had a bit more screentime, that was nice.
Also the color spread is nice af.
I couldn't care less about Carrot tho. I hope she doesn't appear much cuz I cannot stand her.

⸢ if you meet your god,
tell him to leave me alone. ⸥

ベルセルク
Mar 5, 2021 2:34 AM

Jan 2019
ZeroTwo__002 said:

Perospero's disgusting.

Perospero's the GOAT
Mar 5, 2021 2:39 AM

Nov 2016
Tristanteken said:
ZeroTwo__002 said:

Perospero's disgusting.

Perospero's the GOAT

I swear, if he ends up backstabbing King and Queen that would be fire.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 5, 2021 2:44 AM

Jan 2019
FMmatron said:
Tristanteken said:

Perospero's the GOAT

If he actually succeeds doing this, he'll end up being the most efficient soldier in this war
Mar 5, 2021 2:48 AM
Nov 2017
Tristanteken said:
FMmatron said:

If he actually succeeds doing this, he'll end up being the most efficient soldier in this war

what's more is that he's exactly the kind of person to do that. But marco has some serious trouble on his plate, handling 3 commander lvl people together. also just a hunch but sanji's gonna do something fire
Mar 5, 2021 3:52 AM

Nov 2016
vinsmoke_kun said:
Tristanteken said:

what's more is that he's exactly the kind of person to do that. But marco has some serious trouble on his plate, handling 3 commander lvl people together. also just a hunch but sanji's gonna do something fire

Marco-Sanji team up = dream scenario

Two flying blondies with flame kicks

Mar 5, 2021 5:26 AM

Mar 2015
it's interesting and all, but i want to back to luffy ASAP.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Mar 5, 2021 5:31 AM

Nov 2018
Whitebeard's crew > Kaido's crew.

Marco really holding his own against Kaido's two strongest.

Where did Sanji go?
Mar 5, 2021 6:03 AM
Jul 2020
I guess the tragedy of act 3 is hyogoro’s death, solid chapter 8/10
Mar 5, 2021 6:32 AM
Jul 2018
damn this chapter was amazing, marco was really badass. it felt a little bit rushed for what was happening with hyogoro but he was still pretty cool and feel sad that hes probs dead now
Mar 5, 2021 7:01 AM
Nov 2017
FMmatron said:
vinsmoke_kun said:

exactly couldn't ask for more
Mar 5, 2021 7:21 AM

Nov 2016
vinsmoke_kun said:
FMmatron said:

exactly couldn't ask for more

Let's hope the next chapters will serve us such a treat

Mar 5, 2021 7:46 AM
Dec 2020
maybe just maybe sanji can fight with perospero ı mean maybe not but there isnt so many character he can fight one on one maybe he can help yamato or help scabbards i dont think he is going to fight with kaido soo marco cant hold 3 commander like he is goat but its too much honestly ı am still waiting for kaido hybrid form and who is helpng scabbards now ı am wondering about sanji too you really teasing us oda sensei edit: and sanji definitly need power up ı mean suit is cool but he needs to catch up with zoro and luffy so he need a strong rival as a power up he should get better at observation haki bc oda sensei said moster trio is gonna be a master for specific haki
sk4Mar 5, 2021 12:03 PM
Mar 5, 2021 8:03 AM

Nov 2016
sk4 said:
maybe just maybe sanji can fight with perospero ı mean maybe not but there isnt so many character he can fight one on one maybe he can help yamato or help scabbards i dont think he is going to fight with kaido soo marco cant hold 3 commander like he is goat but its too much honestly ı am still waiting for kaido hybrid form and who is helpng scabbards now ı am wondering about sanji too you really teasing us oda sensei

Maybe Sanji is going meet up with Yamato and send her to the Scabbards or something along these lines. Jack is already beaten up more than the others Disaster, so I would rather like to see her take care of him instead of Sanji. If it also turns out that it's indeed Hiyori who's with the Scabbards right now, then we could have a reunion of Momo and her, as well as Yamato protecting both children of Oden.

Mar 5, 2021 9:12 AM

Mar 2018
sanji main fight incoming? hyogoro was badass and marco is a BEAST
Mar 5, 2021 9:57 AM

Apr 2020
Perorin? More like Perowin~

The furry killer, pineapple head – the man who's able to stall two yonko commanders – and my boi Master Roshi – who released his Senbonzakura Kageyosi bankai

Surely many MVPs this chapter...But the real one will hopefully be Sanji when we either get to know next chapter that he actually went for Momonosuke, finds out about Yamato, and they go for the Scabbards & Hiyori/Toki, while Yamato faces of Jack (she gets to fight for her heroes and can protect them as if she was Oden) and Sanji can help Marco fight King & Queen or just him saving the day in his old Mr.Prince fashion (especially considering the dangerous variable Perospero can be in this yonko commander show-off)

It's not an anime,
without a beach episode.

- William Shakespeare
Mar 5, 2021 12:10 PM

Nov 2016
asapabri said:
Perorin? More like Perowin~

Best onii-chan and future captain of the candy pirates

Mar 5, 2021 12:40 PM
Mar 2021
Pretty nice chapter! We got to see Marco in a proper fight. I'm thinking they are going to focus on Robin or Sanji next chapter and maybe show what will happen to Hyogoro.
Mar 5, 2021 2:37 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Something is telling me Hyou is not going to die, also, Marco is reminding us of how amazing and great of a force the whitebeard pirates were.
Mar 5, 2021 3:31 PM

Mar 2016
Something tells me several certain things will happen that would shift the tide of the battles around Onigashima...

1. Persopero might betray the Allstars, someone just needs to trick him into doing so.

2. Whether he went towards the Akazaya Samurai or Momonosuke and Yamato. Sanji would finally make a kickass etrance and show how much of a badass he actually is. Come on, lately, the situation he got himself in is enough tickle teasers.

3. Hyogoro probably won't die, I won't believe that he would despite the seemingly realistic reason to do so.

4. Someone will take out the CCTV-power subordinate, in this chaotic battle, if the Beasts pirates lost their live-battle-intel, they'd be in quite a pickle.

5. Once Chopper is done making his cure and successfully cured the affected samurai, it'll allow them and Marco to take out both Jack and King, given no backup are supporting these 2.

This chapter is wild, so many awesome things are happening an so many more will come, no breaks next week means the hype trains keeps surging onwards towards victory! Let's gooo!!!
Mar 5, 2021 4:36 PM
Jan 2021
Oh men lot of things happening...
And yeah this is another cliffhanger
Need more chapters as always
Mar 5, 2021 4:56 PM

Jan 2020
That beast pirate color spread is heavenly. I loved this chapter and Marco was really a mvp. I'm still hoping we get to see King's bounty sooner or later and as a bonus, I would be glad getting Marco's alongside it.
I really hope Hyogoro is gonna end up ok. He's too good to go away :(

I also really wanted to see Carrot beat up perospero but man.. I feel so bad for her.

Mar 5, 2021 8:50 PM

Jun 2014
Marco was such a beast this chapter, singlehandedly holding off 2 of Kaido's top guys. Of course, that isn't an easy task and he's starting to get tired.

Hyogoro looks like he's just about reached his limit. I feel like a miracle might work in his favor that causes his life to be spared at the last minute. Chopper needs to hurry.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Mar 6, 2021 10:42 AM

Jan 2015
well well i'll be damned, isn't that MY MAN Marco over there!!

la critique de l'intention pure
Mar 6, 2021 1:56 PM
Jun 2020
So... Perosperos is back.
And Marco is the GOAT of the chapter for sure.
Mar 7, 2021 8:49 AM
TheCook

Jan 2013
ManWild said:

I also really wanted to see Carrot beat up perospero but man.. I feel so bad for her.

Same. But I am confident that this was not the last whe have seen of her in this arc. I can not imagine Oda just ending the conflict between Carrot and Perospero like this after all the built up he did during WCI. I am sure Oda wants to add some more fuel to this fight so that the pay-off is even greater when Carrot does make a comeback and wins in the end.

Interesting that the ice-oni virus is able to bring out your latent strength. Since Chopper is also infected I would not be surprised if we see a powerboosted Monsterpoint transformation from him soon that is able to put him briefly on the same level as Queen. Because I think Queen as an opponent for Chopper would work perfectly from a thematic point of view.
Mar 7, 2021 2:56 PM

Apr 2020
De_Baer said:
ManWild said:

Same. But I am confident that this was not the last whe have seen of her in this arc. I can not imagine Oda just ending the conflict between Carrot and Perospero like this after all the built up he did during WCI. I am sure Oda wants to add some more fuel to this fight so that the pay-off is even greater when Carrot does make a comeback and wins in the end.

Interesting that the ice-oni virus is able to bring out your latent strength. Since Chopper is also infected I would not be surprised if we see a powerboosted Monsterpoint transformation from him soon that is able to put him briefly on the same level as Queen. Because I think Queen as an opponent for Chopper would work perfectly from a thematic point of view.
Truly would be hilarious if my boi's bounty jumps from 500 to 1.500.000.000

It's not an anime,
without a beach episode.

- William Shakespeare
Mar 7, 2021 4:07 PM

Dec 2013
Marco really impressed me fighting against two all stars by himself.
Mar 7, 2021 6:13 PM

Aug 2015
If anything, Wano makes you think that the Beast Pirates are a bunch of fodders with the exception of Kaido himself. Big Mom have a much balanced crew, and Whitebeard and his boys got powercrept really hard. Marineford looks worse and worse as time goes by.

I do think Perospero will betray or backstab at least one of the all stars. He is the kind of guy who can pull that off without looking like plot convenience. And well, the Minks got their shine, just to appear defeated in the next chapters. This is a very recurrent trope with Oda, specially post timeskip-Wano.
Mar 7, 2021 8:00 PM
Jul 2018
Marco getting the shine he truly deserves. Good chapter for him.
Mar 7, 2021 9:52 PM

Oct 2016
The color spread was really nice.

Yo, Marco out here fighting King and Queen at the same damn time, what a chad. Poor Carrot and Wanda got bodied. Wonder what Perospero is going to do now.

I hope Hyogoro doesn't die, would be a shame for him to die this early. C'mon Chopper, complete them medicines.
Mar 7, 2021 10:08 PM

May 2020
We got to see a bit of Marco in the Marineford battle, but wow, he's way tougher that I initially thought. Fighting Queen and King all by himself...

Hyogoro was pretty boss. Loved it. Really want more Luffy vs Kaido and Big Mom but that's probably going to be after everyone else finishes their fights I'm thinking...not that I have any complaints. Can't wait for Sanji to go into kickass mode cause he's been a bit lame recently (I get the teamwork aspect and on, but still, he's feeling a bit weak to me).
I say goodbye unto you,
And with this parting,
My most beautiful dream dies inside me...
But I tell you goodbye,
For the rest of life,
Even if I spend all life thinking about you.
Mar 7, 2021 11:18 PM

Aug 2018
What a chapter this was :

Marco literaly being the undisputed MVP of it, and we finaly see Perospero again whose next moves are gonna be hard to predict

Hyogoro pretty much is gonna have a very admirable final show off before dying truly a heroic death. I feel like he acomplished a lot during all these years and really we shouldn't be wanting more from him, hes already an epic fighter and all around a very well respected person.
Mar 8, 2021 7:01 PM

Apr 2020
Oh, boy, the Minks were taken care of by Perospero.
I wonder where Sanji chose to go.
Marco is fighting both Queen and King.
C'mon Chopper you can do it! I honestly can't remember what this Ice-Oni virus is. After catching up with One Piece on chapter 1000+ I can't remember what happened when they bring back something that might have been published a month back, and the panels are really complex and crowdy for my eyes.

Hyogoro is really going to die?!?! RIP Big Man
--AbiSa--
Mar 9, 2021 12:23 PM
May 2013
To be honest am kinda disappointed in King. Expected him to be a lot more stronger or atleast troubling for Marco. His first appearance kicking BM in the water was a lot of hype. But since then he didn’t do anything note worth for a top commander level. Hope to see more of him because atm he looks weak af
Mar 9, 2021 6:20 PM

Jul 2020
someone save my boy Hyogoro, don't do my man like dis.
Mar 21, 2022 12:04 PM

Jun 2019
No... Hyogoro-san... Please don't die. Chopper is just there yet.
Nov 17, 2022 12:00 PM

May 2021
I want Yamato to take Momo out right in front of Sanji.

Jul 2, 2023 9:45 PM

Dec 2022
man oh man marco is gnarly. marco chapters get me almost as hype as zoro chapters.
Mar 26, 5:48 PM
Aug 2016
This anime is so nice

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1113 Discussion

FMmatron - Apr 23

38 by dobbs »»
34 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 799 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Georesa - Sep 2, 2015

228 by KenjaTimer »»
Yesterday, 6:46 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 798 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2015

138 by KenjaTimer »»
Yesterday, 6:44 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1112 Discussion

AhriTheS3xyFox - Apr 16

32 by Biisoo »»
Apr 24, 8:44 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Veronin - Nov 1, 2009

73 by crumb_fr »»
Apr 22, 3:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.