Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »
Feb 26, 2021 8:02 AM
Oct 2011
prepare4trouble said:
I don't even know how to feel about this tbh.

I hate it but I love it at the same time.

If they were going to continue the original Higurashi, I totally would have wanted it to be about Rika & Satoko growing older together, and here we are! But seems like they're both literally and figuratively going to kill my OTP.

I love the fluff with Satoko and Rika. Their cozy chat in this episode was very nice. But, we all knew where it was going.

But </3
Rika doing some MariMite larping as a yuri queen while pushing her original pseudo-wife to the side is heart breaking for Satoko. We saw Rika's heart break upon figuring Satoko out. I don't really see a good resolution.

Featherine (or "other", damn it R09) give implications of Satoko being some kind of magical entity or some shit like that, which I don't like because I've been seeing her as human all this time. Are all the Higurashi characters just magical entities with erased memories? I'm not sure I like that idea.

Satoko=Lambdadelta implications are now off the charts, though I never thought that would be true at all. I always liked Bern/Lambda too, but saw them as something different than Rika & Satoko. I think them both being actually the same would kind of ruins both for me, which is sad. It's not 100%, but getting there. :\

I almost feel like divorcing the fandom, ha... I was going to reread Umineko this year but now I'm gonna pass. I'll still stick around for the end of this mess though. Maybe I'll be able to sort through it once I see the end in three episodes.

I just want Rika and Satoko to kiss and make up somehow, but I'm pretty sure it'll end with one of them killing the other with onigari-no-ryuuou.

I think Satoko is Lambda's Erika, not Lambda=Satoko. Umineko implies the hell of Lambdadelta is different from Bernkastel (I think is Ciconia)
Feb 26, 2021 8:05 AM

Oct 2010
Chargecoulomb said:
With how Gou has been Im kind of expecting something like this.

Satoko - "Why did you abandon me Rika?

Rika - "Sorry Satoko, I wont do it again Nipa!~"

This episode basically already did that scene with the promise under a shooting star, so it certainly won't be the ending.

flamos44 said:
Hey everyone When they cry is a nonlinear world. The idea that Ciconia took place before Higurashi is definitely 100% possible why because of the nature of fragments. The simplest explanation is the following and for the most part confirmed by !Not Featherine

So yeah Ciconia happened then Haworthia followed by Higurashi and finally Umineko with Higurashi and Umineko being artificially created universes in which avatars of disembodied humans interact with each other

Note that not!Featherine in the original Japanese text outright references "the one who writes us" rather than that vague "the one who holds dominion over us" that the localizers used.

我らを記しし者はつくづくに無情であるなぁ

我らを記しし者

The localization sounds good, but it's making people miss the point that Featherine was a meta-character referencing other worlds/stories. She isn't some digital administrator.
Feb 26, 2021 8:10 AM
Feb 2021
NeonDZ said:
Chargecoulomb said:
With how Gou has been Im kind of expecting something like this.

Satoko - "Why did you abandon me Rika?

Rika - "Sorry Satoko, I wont do it again Nipa!~"

This episode basically already did that scene with the promise under a shooting star, so it certainly won't be the ending.

flamos44 said:
Hey everyone When they cry is a nonlinear world. The idea that Ciconia took place before Higurashi is definitely 100% possible why because of the nature of fragments. The simplest explanation is the following and for the most part confirmed by !Not Featherine

So yeah Ciconia happened then Haworthia followed by Higurashi and finally Umineko with Higurashi and Umineko being artificially created universes in which avatars of disembodied humans interact with each other

Note that not!Featherine in the original Japanese text outright references "the one who writes us" rather than that vague "the one who holds dominion over us" that the localizers used.

我らを記しし者はつくづくに無情であるなぁ

我らを記しし者

The localization sounds good, but it's making people miss the point that Featherine was a meta-character referencing other worlds/stories. She isn't some digital administrator.

Kind of. it is basically confirmed
flamos44Feb 26, 2021 8:18 AM
Feb 26, 2021 8:48 AM

Apr 2010
Im pretty sure Satoko is in love with Rika... Something similar to Homura and Madoka
Ofc it is obsessed love
Feb 26, 2021 9:32 AM
Jan 2020
Satoko went through her first loop. In the end, during her second try at the way Rika wanted to live, she felt betrayed again. In the end, before she dropped the chandelier, Rika understood that she was also living in a loop, but too late for that though. 3 more episodes left.
Feb 26, 2021 11:43 AM

May 2018
Rika now feels like an NPC ngl. also I like how thicc satoko and rika were when making that promise in the night
Feb 26, 2021 2:52 PM

Dec 2008
ssjokg said:
People hating on Rika, saying she "betrayed" Satoko should start putting some distance between themselves and their friends. For he sake of their friends.

Rika at worst, fails to understand that Satoko is a mentally unstable girl that cant live without her.

Satoko on the other hand, intentionally tries to interfere and sabotage her "best friend's" efforts, puts all the blame on her and in the end kills her. No need to mention what she does later right?

Satoko wants Rika to pay attention only to her, play and study only with her. This is nothing more than a toxic relationship at the worst possible magnitude.

Pay attention only to her, play and study only with her? I did not see Satoko say anything like this. This interpretation is a stretch as best. She does want to be a part of Rika's life, and I don't think it's terrible for her to want that. Maybe you could tell her to "just make another friend" but don't forget she was also ostricized for years in the village and probably has difficulty trusting random people. From the little we've seen the atmosphere in that school is fit to shun her as well.

I'm not "hating" on Rika or "blaming", Rika's my fav, but I sure see blame being put on Satoko. Should this 15-16 year old with this much in her past should be able to handle the one she cares about most in her life pushing her away with 100% social grace and acceptance? No. Loneliness and not belonging and having zero people in one's life is a bigger burden, bigger monster than you might think. Seeing the last person in your life not want you any more after you've already experienced abuse and seen everyone else fall away somehow is awful. It might be "toxic" but it's the best she's got and I don't hate her for it.

The series doesn't really portray this all very well though.

Alphonse_Harry said:
I think Satoko is Lambda's Erika, not Lambda=Satoko. Umineko implies the hell of Lambdadelta is different from Bernkastel (I think is Ciconia)

I wouldn't mind this except it makes no sense. What benefit does Satoko give LD from the start, not counting later, as Erika was added later? None from my POV. It's more like Takano's relationship to LD was more like Erika and Bern, or at least that's been my interpretation for years.

I literally thought the Lambda=Satoko idea was crap from people who hadn't read Umineko until this very episode, meh.

Jin_uzuki said:
Do you people even like Higurashi? Because all I see is people interested in figuring if Lambdadelta is Satoko than if the story has actual *anything* to say about anything.

Oh no, people wondering if Satoko is LD after it's heavily hinted in the episode and the character that looks like Featherine but apparently isn't implies Satoko is multiple people including one who looks nothing like her from Ciconia. Yeah, this is actually important to me as a fan of Higurashi and Umineko because it greatly affects how I see the two characters and also the series as a whole. If it's true I will like them both significantly less. It's a similar experience to wanting to chuck a book you're into after it ends with the "it was all a dream" thing.

I do actually like Gou in a way and heavily relate to certain aspects of it. I think it might be trying to say something about the fragility of what one considers their closest relationships. Unfortunately, how the story is done is just as important as what the story is about. The "how" in Gou is bad from my POV. I wish so much about this series would have just been an upfront story about older Rika and Satoko's relationship, gave way more time to screentime related to that and then just summaries of the rerun shit or just totally new arcs related to that premise. But then I guess they couldn't have bait and switched newcomers with the "remake" thing and also old fans who maybe didn't care as much about Rika and Satoko as other characters.
Feb 26, 2021 3:04 PM

Aug 2009
prepare4trouble said:
ssjokg said:
People hating on Rika, saying she "betrayed" Satoko should start putting some distance between themselves and their friends. For he sake of their friends.

Rika at worst, fails to understand that Satoko is a mentally unstable girl that cant live without her.

Satoko on the other hand, intentionally tries to interfere and sabotage her "best friend's" efforts, puts all the blame on her and in the end kills her. No need to mention what she does later right?

Satoko wants Rika to pay attention only to her, play and study only with her. This is nothing more than a toxic relationship at the worst possible magnitude.

Pay attention only to her, play and study only with her? I did not see Satoko say anything like this. This interpretation is a stretch as best. She does want to be a part of Rika's life, and I don't think it's terrible for her to want that. Maybe you could tell her to "just make another friend" but don't forget she was also ostricized for years in the village and probably has difficulty trusting random people. From the little we've seen the atmosphere in that school is fit to shun her as well.

I'm not "hating" on Rika or "blaming", Rika's my fav, but I sure see blame being put on Satoko. Should this 15-16 year old with this much in her past should be able to handle the one she cares about most in her life pushing her away with 100% social grace and acceptance? No. Loneliness and not belonging and having zero people in one's life is a bigger burden, bigger monster than you might think. Seeing the last person in your life not want you any more after you've already experienced abuse and seen everyone else fall away somehow is awful. It might be "toxic" but it's the best she's got and I don't hate her for it.

The series doesn't really portray this all very well though.

Alphonse_Harry said:

I wouldn't mind this except it makes no sense. What benefit does Satoko give LD from the start, not counting later, as Erika was added later? None from my POV. It's more like Takano's relationship to LD was more like Erika and Bern, or at least that's been my interpretation for years.

I literally thought the Lambda=Satoko idea was crap from people who hadn't read Umineko until this very episode, meh.

Jin_uzuki said:
Do you people even like Higurashi? Because all I see is people interested in figuring if Lambdadelta is Satoko than if the story has actual *anything* to say about anything.

Oh no, people wondering if Satoko is LD after it's heavily hinted in the episode and the character that looks like Featherine but apparently isn't implies Satoko is multiple people including one who looks nothing like her from Ciconia. Yeah, this is actually important to me as a fan of Higurashi and Umineko because it greatly affects how I see the two characters and also the series as a whole. If it's true I will like them both significantly less. It's a similar experience to wanting to chuck a book you're into after it ends with the "it was all a dream" thing.

I do actually like Gou in a way and heavily relate to certain aspects of it. I think it might be trying to say something about the fragility of what one considers their closest relationships. Unfortunately, how the story is done is just as important as what the story is about. The "how" in Gou is bad from my POV. I wish so much about this series would have been better if they had just made it an upfront story about older Rika and Satoko's relationship, gave way more time to screentime related to that and then just summaries of the rerun shit or just totally new arcs related to that premise. But then I guess they couldn't have bait and switched newcomers with the "remake" thing and also old fans who maybe didn't care as much about Rika and Satoko as other characters.

Satoko does not have to be friends with the lil stuck up bitches that surround Rika.
She managed to live and interact with the villagers even tho she was ostracized. She definitely can do the same in the academy as well.

She doesn't want to tho and that's on her not Rika.

If she expects Rika to give up on what she wants just to make her feel good then she is wrong.

And Rika did try to bridge the gap between and Satoko refused in both timelines.

Yes Satoko has past issues. That doesn't mean she isnt being unreasonable and shouldn't be blamed for her situation.

Rika doesn't realize that she puts some distance between them or that she unintentionally forced Satoko to come with her.

Satoko actively tries to harm and/or sabotage her even before she killed ber.

One is oblivious, the other is a psycho bitch that needs therapy, not loops.
Childhood trauma cant excuse everything.

And as you said the execution is bad.

Maybe Rika did try to keep Satoko away from her and maybe Satoko did try harder this time. But the events went by so fast that we could just replace the scenes of ep 21 with 19 and it would be the same.
So as far as we know., Rika unintentionally put some distance between them and Satoko did nothing about that except of course making it worse.
ssjokgFeb 26, 2021 3:08 PM
Feb 26, 2021 3:08 PM

Sep 2020
prepare4trouble said:
chitchawa said:

umineko implied lambda was behind the original conflict of higurashi so i don't think its 100%

Yeah, like I said, not 100%, but getting there.

I really hope it doesn't end up being the case tbh.

I guess the explanation could be something like
but idk. I don't like the idea, not attached to it at all.

For now the there is only future proof if there is any that satoko is lambda in the last episodes of gou until that we don't know 100% that lambda is satoko from the future.

I had read umineko the only connection i saw is that rika is bern and hanyu is featherine nothing more. Proof? Links, or image because i can't see no hint in gou that points towards that theory being correct
UltimatMaxFeb 26, 2021 3:15 PM
Shiki is the best anime and unique with his style design, you can't change my mind from it
Feb 26, 2021 3:35 PM
Oct 2011

Tsubasa and EP6 implies the events of Higurashi is after Featherine abandons a game with Lambadelta (she loses her memory apparently, Hannyu is her form in this state) and leave the game to her piece (Rika/Bernkastel). Lambda thanks this game that brought Bernkastel to her. The game begins a lot of time before Bernkastel was born and Rika became self aware. The game begins with Takano's wish to Lambda. The details of this game is unknown. In this part of the game Satoko maybe it is one of the Lambda pieces.

Higurashi which we read in the visual novel is long after the game begin and one of the players abandons the game board (in the Umineko perspective of the EP6). Rika is the piece of Featherine, and because the player abandons the game she adquries a self awareness (and the beginning of Bernkastel). Lambda loves Bernkastel and continue to play the game and torture her with Takano (maybe in this point she abandons her piece Satoko I don't know).

In some point between Kai and Gou (the time does not matter, she can open the book again anytime), Featherine regain her memories and her aspect Hanyuu vanishes. Seeing the aspect of the board in her absence she acts against Rika/Bernkastel (she is a monster after all), after she meets Satoko she mentions probably name of other pieces of Lambdadelta, one of them her original counterpart (Vier), has not yet recovered her memory completely, or is confused. I think she did create this game board (maybe as fiction writer Ikuko and her pseudonyms , Higurashi is a book in Umineko) and Lambda was invited to play after the previous encounter in Ciconia (Vier is probably an adversary of the "gods")

Lambda the witch of certainty (Takano's will is the certainty of her destiny in Tsubasa) loses to the Rika's miracle. In Kai, Lambda loses and in Gou only her discard is in the gameboard and this time Rika play against her original master.
Feb 26, 2021 3:42 PM

Apr 2009
Tekakurika said:
Im pretty sure Satoko is in love with Rika... Something similar to Homura and Madoka
Ofc it is obsessed love

I'm pretty sure that will be the ending "twist" but bad. Dude thought it was something original lol
Feb 26, 2021 5:01 PM

Jan 2020
Liking these episodes way better than the earlier ones. Rika really deserved that.
Feb 26, 2021 6:05 PM
Jan 2014
TBH Satoko's motivation is so petty for what atrocious act she did, killing Rika over and over in painful way.
But then people IRL has killed for less... and we're talking about someone with unstable mind here.

It's not known whether Satoko knows Rika is also looping, or she just thinks it's a different Rika on every loop. If she doesn't know then she's up for a surprise in the next loop after the gunshot.

If this story doesn't have a happy end that means Rika and Satoko are trapped, never grow up past highschool and it's sad. At least I want a

Umineko end-game spoiler
Feb 26, 2021 6:14 PM

Aug 2009
vangoz said:
TBH Satoko's motivation is so petty for what atrocious act she did, killing Rika over and over in painful way.
But then people IRL has killed for less... and we're talking about someone with unstable mind here.

It's not known whether Satoko knows Rika is also looping, or she just thinks it's a different Rika on every loop. If she doesn't know then she's up for a surprise in the next loop after the gunshot.

If this story doesn't have a happy end that means Rika and Satoko are trapped, never grow up past highschool and it's sad. At least I want a

Umineko end-game spoiler

Which one? Ahaha.wav

Rika should pull a Trick on her.
Feb 26, 2021 6:34 PM

Oct 2010
vangoz said:

She has to know Rika is looping by the time of Nekodamashi at least, otherwise her actions there make no sense at all.
Feb 26, 2021 6:40 PM
Feb 2018
Satoko is still bad in grades even though she already looped? How bad can you get in studying lmao
Feb 26, 2021 7:07 PM

Jan 2011
Lost all hope

would've gladly taken this new lady just taking over Satoko over such a pity reason to cause all this loop murdering ,would you classify her under being mentally ill or having traits of a Yandere
Feb 26, 2021 7:18 PM

Sep 2020
Alphonse_Harry said:

Tsubasa and EP6 implies the events of Higurashi is after Featherine abandons a game with Lambadelta (she loses her memory apparently, Hannyu is her form in this state) and leave the game to her piece (Rika/Bernkastel). Lambda thanks this game that brought Bernkastel to her. The game begins a lot of time before Bernkastel was born and Rika became self aware. The game begins with Takano's wish to Lambda. The details of this game is unknown. In this part of the game Satoko maybe it is one of the Lambda pieces.

Higurashi which we read in the visual novel is long after the game begin and one of the players abandons the game board (in the Umineko perspective of the EP6). Rika is the piece of Featherine, and because the player abandons the game she adquries a self awareness (and the beginning of Bernkastel). Lambda loves Bernkastel and continue to play the game and torture her with Takano (maybe in this point she abandons her piece Satoko I don't know).

In some point between Kai and Gou (the time does not matter, she can open the book again anytime), Featherine regain her memories and her aspect Hanyuu vanishes. Seeing the aspect of the board in her absence she acts against Rika/Bernkastel (she is a monster after all), after she meets Satoko she mentions probably name of other pieces of Lambdadelta, one of them her original counterpart (Vier), has not yet recovered her memory completely, or is confused. I think she did create this game board (maybe as fiction writer Ikuko and her pseudonyms , Higurashi is a book in Umineko) and Lambda was invited to play after the previous encounter in Ciconia (Vier is probably an adversary of the "gods")

Lambda the witch of certainty (Takano's will is the certainty of her destiny in Tsubasa) loses to the Rika's miracle. In Kai, Lambda loses and in Gou only her discard is in the gameboard and this time Rika play against her original master.
Link in youtube of the VN the moment saying the origins of Lambda, episode and page of the manga proving that lambda is satoko for all we know it's just theory and not 100% certain it is and the only tip we got is from Gou.
Shiki is the best anime and unique with his style design, you can't change my mind from it
Feb 26, 2021 7:39 PM

Oct 2014
At first I kinda wanted to join the big debate, but then the wall of semantics was too high to surpass.
Let's try again on the next episode...

Drakel_3577 said:
would you remember all about the studies from several years ago? most people forget almost everything they studied a few months later. Satoko's stay at st. Lucia was horrible, do you think she would even want to remember any of it? (sorry if bad english)
I dunno, do you?
Don't know how old you are so let's just say that you're about to finish your High-School... do you remember the stuff you studied in middle school?

Sure I agree that I don't remember exactly everything I studied back in HS, but I don't think my mental capabilities and knowledge are on Middle/Elementary school level either no.

Gar_Logan said:
Chargecoulomb said:

The fanbase has been split on Gou ever since it came out. The 4Chan Boards, Discord, Animesuki and of course MAL. Jk Mal is pretty balanced in terms of people who like an dislike the show. A notable portion of the veteran WTC fans dont have much enthusiasm towards Gou.

I am not sure if "split" is the best wording though. A lot of vocal users have gripes about the show (me included), but over 80 percent of users every week vote like or love.

Well that is interesting point.
80% vote they love, yet the score itself is arguably far from that, wonder what makes it so.
Perhaps the most silent majority doesn't exactly like this as much as the threads would suggest.
Intelligent gets through situations which wise avoids.
Feb 26, 2021 8:14 PM

Dec 2008
ssjokg said:
Satoko does not have to be friends with the lil stuck up bitches that surround Rika.
She managed to live and interact with the villagers even tho she was ostracized. She definitely can do the same in the academy as well.

She doesn't want to tho and that's on her not Rika.

If she expects Rika to give up on what she wants just to make her feel good then she is wrong.

And Rika did try to bridge the gap between and Satoko refused in both timelines.

Yes Satoko has past issues. That doesn't mean she isnt being unreasonable and shouldn't be blamed for her situation.

Rika doesn't realize that she puts some distance between them or that she unintentionally forced Satoko to come with her.

Satoko actively tries to harm and/or sabotage her even before she killed ber.

One is oblivious, the other is a psycho bitch that needs therapy, not loops.
Childhood trauma cant excuse everything.

And as you said the execution is bad.

Maybe Rika did try to keep Satoko away from her and maybe Satoko did try harder this time. But the events went by so fast that we could just replace the scenes of ep 21 with 19 and it would be the same.
So as far as we know., Rika unintentionally put some distance between them and Satoko did nothing about that except of course making it worse.

Okay, wow, I've tried to be very clear I don't blame Rika, who is also dealing with her own stuff. Definitely never tried to "excuse everything with past childhood trauma". But I guess any kind of empathy for Satoko is "blaming" Rika.

I guess the reason people aren't defending Rika as much is that it's obvious murder is bad? Then again there are people who defend all kinds of shit that happens irl. So if you need it said, here you go: WTF, Satoko. The passive-aggressiveness in keeping Rika from studying is not cool. And killing? Killing is bad. There's better ways to hash out grievances than disembowelment. Keeping your beloved trapped in a murder loop is an awful way to win her love!! And it's not just Rika! Did you inject Rena, Keiichi, Mion, Ooishi, Akane, and the mayor? They were your friends, and except for maybe Akane, all tried to help you at some point! W.T.F.

Loops aren't an option for people irl. I'd be curious how Satoko and Rika would have handled things if just allowed to go on. Before given the option Satoko was fretting over a minor injury given to a girl she seemed to dislike. The only reason she went that far and kept going that far is because she could reset. She obviously wouldn't have harmed Rika at all if death were permanent. It probably seems pretty unreal. That's the reason I said I wonder if her redemption would be similar to Ken's from Digimon

But then we have people saying Satoko just should have accepted losing the person closest to her without being "toxic" by getting upset about it or confronting her. This isn't "past childhood trauma" she's dealing with, it's current trauma of losing her last major connection in her life. The prospect of being completely alone with no support system is awful and I don't think a strong response is unreasonable. Therapy is actually shit for most people, and therapists who are tired of the lie they can solve everyone's emotional distress will say "you need a support system" because people do need connections in their life. Rika was part of that support system when Satoko was being ostricized, she wasn't just dealing without her and the club. Rika asking once in front of half the class if she needs extra academic help and then shrugging and running off with her yuri harem is actually pretty shit. Satoko wanting more than that is definitely not wanting Rika "to pay attention only to her, play and study only with her."

UltimatMax said:
For now the there is only future proof if there is any that satoko is lambda in the last episodes of gou until that we don't know 100% that lambda is satoko from the future.

I had read umineko the only connection i saw is that rika is bern and hanyu is featherine nothing more. Proof? Links, or image because i can't see no hint in gou that points towards that theory being correct

Read my posts again, I said it's not 100% and I thought the theory was obviously false and silly until now, I also didn't see any hints in Umineko. But now Featherine is already saying Satoko is more than just Satoko, one of names she uses has "LD" in it. Vier is a character from Ciconia who resembles Takano and Lambda. And though there isn't a hint from Umineko standing alone, the all of Gou could relate to Lambda wanting to keep Bern "in a birdcage". There were some other minor hints I kinda blew off that people mentioned in the post for the last episode.

Alphonse_Harry said:

It's been a while, but I've read Umineko. I repeat the question: How does Satoko benefit Lambda, who's obviously on Takano's side? Satoko was on Rika's side before Rika/Bern gained her "miracle" and won. For the record I never liked the idea of Featherine becoming Hanyuu by erasing her memory either, but Lambda doing the same with Satoko is the only way I can see Lambda as Satoko. I don't like that idea either, please prove me wrong, lol.

jTiKey said:
Tekakurika said:
Ofc it is obsessed love

I'm pretty sure that will be the ending "twist" but bad. Dude thought it was something original lol

The emotional height of Rika and Satoko's relationship is and has already been at the level of romantic relationships. Romantic feelings developing from either of them toward the other is hardly a "twist", it's just natural progression.
Feb 26, 2021 8:29 PM

Aug 2009
@prepare4trouble
I wasnt disagreeing with you, just adding my observations on what you said.

As for the trauma stuff, I at least, never said that Satoko must give up on her but she should have tried more, at the very least accept Rika's few on screen or mentioned offers. If Satoko refuses there is little Rika(as she is now) can do, she either makes a scene about Satoko's behavior or leave after having her offer declined.

Should Rika have tried more?Yes, but we dont know if she tried more times or how sincere or strong her offers were.
At the very least, it doesnt look like Rika doesnt care about her anymore.

But we dont know for sure because the series only cared to show us Satoko's pov. Like 80% of Rika's screen time in St Lucia is "Gokigenyo".
Feb 26, 2021 8:41 PM

Dec 2008
ssjokg said:
@prepare4trouble

As for the trauma stuff, I at least, never said that Satoko must give up on her but she should have tried more, at the very least accept Rika's few on screen or mentioned offers. If Satoko refuses there is little Rika(as she is now) can do, she either makes a scene about Satoko's behavior or leave after having her offer declined.

Should Rika have tried more?Yes, but we dont know if she tried more times or how sincere or strong her offers were.

But we dont know for sure because the series only cared to show us Satoko's pov. Like 80% of Rika's screen time in St Lucia is "Gokigenyo".

Okay, cool.

I don't agree she should have accepted the offers. The tea time or whatever it was wasn't her thing and the setting for the offer for academic help was embarrassing. Maybe Rika did try other times.

I really wish we had more St. Lucia story. It would be nice to have Rika's new pals be able to be developed at least a little, or maybe to at least know their names.
Feb 26, 2021 8:50 PM

Aug 2009
prepare4trouble said:
ssjokg said:
@prepare4trouble

Okay, cool.

I don't agree she should have accepted the offers. The tea time or whatever it was wasn't her thing and the setting for the offer for academic help was embarrassing. Maybe Rika did try other times.

I really wish we had more St. Lucia story. It would be nice to have Rika's new pals be able to be developed at least a little, or maybe to at least know their names.

True, tea time study would be something even I wouldnt want with my friends (btw it will be ironic if Satoko ends up being Lambda even tho she is cringing at tea times now) but she could accept the offer and then ask her to do it on their own. I just doubt that she cant ask that.

Feb 26, 2021 8:52 PM

Apr 2009
prepare4trouble said:

The emotional height of Rika and Satoko's relationship is and has already been at the level of romantic relationships. Romantic feelings developing from either of them toward the other is hardly a "twist", it's just natural progression.

I'm talking about Madoka's movie ending. And I'm sure there is no romantic relationship. Just loli fanservice and unhealthy dependency.
Feb 26, 2021 9:15 PM

May 2020
prepare4trouble said:

Romantic is maybe a mite too strong. Since Satoshi has been MIA for 7 years or so, Rika is the only family that Satoko has. During the series they treat other like family more than lovers.

Perhaps that will be the twist that we're waiting for?

Speaking of Family they cant bring back Satoshi back because if they do the events of Gou happening becomes very unlikely.
Feb 26, 2021 9:54 PM

Dec 2008
jTiKey said:
I'm talking about Madoka's movie ending. And I'm sure there is no romantic relationship. Just loli fanservice and unhealthy dependency.

Sorry, I thought you were predicting that Satoko/Rika becoming canon would be some kind of ending "twist" to Gou. I'm not saying that they're canon, just that it becomes canon it's very far from a twist.

Very much disagree that Rika and Satoko's friendship is "just loli fanservice and unhealthy dependency". They really care(d) for each other. Unfortunately Higurashi does have some loli fanservice but they can be ultra close friends who become a couple when they're older without it being such.

Chargecoulomb said:
Romantic is maybe a mite too strong. Since Satoshi has been MIA for 7 years or so, Rika is the only family that Satoko has. During the series they treat other like family more than lovers.

I don't think it's too strong at all. Rika literally says they're closer than family in the narration in the sound novels. :) Emotional height of a romance =/= an actual romance but it can be a stepping stone to one.
Feb 26, 2021 11:42 PM

Oct 2017
And the loop begins again but this time with Satoko and Rika's role reversed. Thou Satoko lost her sanity unlike Rika. This girl lmao backstabbed the one girl who always looked out for her, great.
Feb 27, 2021 4:58 AM

Apr 2009
prepare4trouble said:

Sorry, I thought you were predicting that Satoko/Rika becoming canon would be some kind of ending "twist" to Gou. I'm not saying that they're canon, just that it becomes canon it's very far from a twist.

Completely agree.
Feb 27, 2021 6:33 AM

Apr 2010
jTiKey said:
Tekakurika said:
Ofc it is obsessed love

Idk how it is plot twist because it is obvious an obsession
Feb 27, 2021 9:55 AM

Dec 2008
Could it be that the Umineko, Ciconia, Featherine references are just for fanservice, it doesn't make the show better, the first 17 episodes really have been wasted on a lukewarm remake. How can the people in charge even expect that the viewers know and remember all these stories and characters from other works.

That said that episode here was awesome. Satoko gave Rika another chance,
but it didn't work as we all saw. Even when Satoko is the one who pulls the trigger,
that was a good way to restart the loop. It would make sense that Satoko would choose to not go to St. Lucia next time, but she is mentally broken.

She will decide to torture Rika instead. I understand that she is really angry about how her friend changed her personality or she was always such a bitch who prefers her ojou sama gang. But that doesn't explain all the gruesome events from the previous arc.

I hope we will get a satisfying finale, one looper probably has to go for good
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 27, 2021 10:26 AM

Dec 2018
The part where Rika points out that Satoko was the one who put herself below her just blows the entire thing for me. I was able to empathize with Satoko for a bit and lost the focus on what was happening, no one is really at fault here. It's just that Satoko is unable to see the bigger picture: she shouldn't have accepted Rika's offer in the first place. She should have let her go. It might hurt her but it's meaningless to put yourself through things that only make you suffer for someone else, you either walk together or either just force yourself to follow someone else's footsteps. Maybe Rika was also at fault for asking Satoko to follow her but - after repeating the second time, Satoko on her own could figure out she just had to let it go. She's just refusing to grow up at this point.

I am still worried about how this is going to unfold. I really wanted a second season but I don't see it happening at this point, how can things be solved in such a short amount of episodes? I hope somehow this is delivered well.
Feb 27, 2021 10:49 AM

Oct 2010
I still think another cour at least is likely. There are the episode 25 listings and the old "Sotsu" listing, alongside the overall pacing.
Feb 27, 2021 12:04 PM

Jun 2008
I'm not sure what I love more; the turn of events or the heated discussions. lol
ValandisMar 2, 2021 5:12 AM
Feb 27, 2021 1:55 PM

Sep 2017
i think Satako is a little out of line to try and stop Rika for going for her dreams and she even helped Satako as well. I get that she wants to stay with her and be close to Hinimizawa but dang. At the end of the episode it seems like Rika might have figured out Satako can loop worlds as well, cant wait for the next episode!
girltokyoFeb 27, 2021 2:16 PM
[font="\"Proxima Nova Regular\", \"Helvetica Neue\", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif"][/font]

Feb 27, 2021 3:35 PM

Dec 2020
Even though the directing could have been better as always this was a nice episode. Overall since the start of Nekodamashi Gou continues to be quite enjoyable for me.

Sure, a story about Satoko being bitter about not being able to keep up with Rika and being turned into a looper to stop Rika from leaving Hinamizawa isn't exactly what any of us wanted but I can't say that it's not entertaining. It does have it's appeal as a sequel.

What I am disappointed about really is just the directing. Satoko developing a really twisted mindset because of what's happening in St. Lucia could have been a really emotional ride if it would have been done better.

For example I would have liked it a lot more if Satoko was actually bullied into becoming hateful. If we'd actually see her suffer it would be more understandable for her to blame Rika for her misfortune. Instead of remake arcs we needed some episodes that show her daily life in St. Lucia.

Another example would be the way Satoko became a looper. Wouldn't it have been far more exciting and emotional if Satoko wasn't a looper and still decided to kill herself and Rika? Just imagine 5 episodes of Satoko's future life turning to shit ending with a dramatic murder suicide (not this weird magic chandelier) just to see her wake up at 1983 again. Actually I feel like it would have been even better if we didn't know about the Nekodamashi loops beforehand. I would have liked it far more if Satoko being a looper was actually a big reveal and not something everone expected anyways and thats getting explained afterwards.

But no matter the criticism, I think we can all agree that the visuals of the new ending are fantastic. Overall the openings and endings of Gou were really on the same level as the Deen series, even though those were a lot more creepy.

And regarding the Lamdadelta stuff I feel like this could very well turn out to be a Lamda=Satoko reveal. I always felt like Lamda was more similar to Satoko than to Takano and that Takano is only a piece of hers. Of course this makes the Higurashi game board really weird, especially with the involvement of Featherine and Bern as well.
There also seems to be a connection to Ciconia, but this might be just fanservice since it would go too far into the meta world of three different series to actually connect like 10 different chracters through different world fragments and universes.

EragurFeb 27, 2021 3:54 PM
We'll be together for all eternity.

Feb 27, 2021 4:34 PM
Nov 2009
Not sure if I understood correctly: the 1st timeline is ep 18-20 before Satoko got her looping ability. And then she looped back to a world where Rika was yet a time looper herself (ep 21).

S1-S2 was played in a world where only Rika was a timelooper and somehow was able to break out of it at the end of S2 and we see the same similar events with Takano crying and Hanyuu is with the gang.

However during that scene it is implied that Satoko was already a timelooper and is trying to prevent Rika from leaving Hinamizawa. So is there's atleast 2 Hinamizawas where Rika is a looper and the other where they both are?

EP 16 is when the 2 loopers meet again and it was supposed to be Rika's final but it was over before it even began according to her. EP 17 seems to be the most current timeline and in a world where both of them are timeloopers. Rika is suspecting that there is a someone rolling the dice and set a "trap" to figure out who.

I'm guessing the events after EP 17 will be about them realizing each others looping abilities and only Rika knows how to end it (kill herself or Satoko?).

Feb 27, 2021 4:59 PM

Oct 2014
mikzflava said:
However during that scene it is implied that Satoko was already a timelooper and is trying to prevent Rika from leaving Hinamizawa. So is there's atleast 2 Hinamizawas where Rika is a looper and the other where they both are?
This wasn't the OG scene, this wasn't the one which was shown earlier, this time it was Satoko's 2nd time witnessing this.
So yes se was a looper because it wasn't a flashback, it was a new event.
Intelligent gets through situations which wise avoids.
Feb 27, 2021 6:28 PM

Oct 2008
OMG! ANOTHER EXHILIRATING EPISODE!
since Satoko is now also a looper...will she reset everytime something is not going to according to her plan!?!?
5/5.

Feb 27, 2021 7:30 PM
Dragon Idol

May 2017
Hm so now it's truly Satoko's turn to be "protagonist" for a while huh
I find it sad for her that Rika's gotten so extremely toxic over the course of the loops. I didn't get why Satoko got so murderous all of a sudden but infection or not, if you have a bad childhood and the one good friend you have betrays you the moment when finding new friends, it's understandable she'd be pissed

I do understand Rika wants some "mature" her-time after going through her childhood for god knows how many years. Makes me wonder if it's a stab towards immature people chasing maturity. Would be hilarious if that's the case comedy tag when?
I do agree she puts herself first but she does it at the cost of someone who's supposed to be her best friend and imo that's wrong

This is not fun to watch
Not to say that the other arcs were that much more pleasant but at this point I got no clue who to root for

I'm gonna sit this out to the very end then watch the OG Higurashi and see if I can make sense of this then

(I'm an anime-only watcher, my confusion lv is all over the place, be gentle pls)
Feb 27, 2021 8:39 PM
Aug 2017
So basically all I got from this was that Satoko continues to be a shitty friend/person, albeit mostly due to circunstance.

In actuality, Satoko never really had a real family, or rather, parents that would... well, parent her. She never had discipline, and as far as she is concerned life is all about screwing around with your friends. She was a child through and through, and even as a teenager those traits don't really go away. So of course she is gonna act like a complete dipshit to Rika, even If most of the shit she is in is literally of her own doing.

Props to her for actually telling Rika how she felt about enrolling to the school, tho while I don't like Rika's repsonse to Satoko's honesty, is to be expected.

Is not completely unrealistic that they are both acting like this (character-wise), is just sadding because It makes Satoko super unlikeable lmfao. Like you would think she would be more kinder but considering she is dumb as rocks...

Anyways, I guess in Satoko's case, looping powers just made her insane. Be it because her HS never went away and just went dormant (like a cancer) or because looping just makes you go crazy If you aren't Rika.
Feb 27, 2021 9:14 PM

Jul 2016
So Satoko decides to open up to Rika about her insecurities (good scene, by the way) but still ends up acting in the exact same way at St. Lucia during her second life... and she still has the nerve to say Rika betrayed her despite her being the one rejecting Rika's help for the goddamn second time? Seriously, fuck this lazy writing. They didn't even bother in giving Satoko a decent backstory to try to redeem, if even just a little, her character from the atrocities she's about to commit.

Well, that said, kawaisou~ kawaisou~ Rika-chan. You are friends with arguably the most toxic and possessive person in anime history.

Byniavo said:
also I like how thicc satoko and rika were when making that promise in the night

This made me laugh. Glad to know I wasn't the only one who noticed Satoko's butt getting thiccer out of the sudden xD
Feb 27, 2021 10:36 PM

May 2020
HS is a physical condition. When Satoko loops back she's returning to a L3 state, and if she doesn't taker her injections daily then she would quickly escalate to L5.
Feb 28, 2021 4:01 AM
Apr 2020
now we can say that is a rika fault obviously , broke up the promise n let satoko alone despite the future telling satoko to her , but she didnt change herself n she know that satoko has a special manner and treat

last word .. the opening is such best mystery anime opening of all time
Feb 28, 2021 5:34 AM
Feb 2021
So I came here just to hear some answers, isn't Featherine Hanyuu? who is Hanyuu then? wasn't Takano LD? is Satoko going to become a new witch maybe?

And well I want to put my 2 cents about what I think, I have always liked Rika but I think she isn't being a good friend, it does seems like she abandoned Satoko to be with her new friends, and that obviously hurts Satoko specially because she is feeling alone and left out, unfortunately that's usually how life goes childhood friendships end up for things like this and they both would end up going separate ways, so I don't think either is in the wrong, but I can understand why Satoko would feel this way, ofc shouldn't be enough motive to kill Rika but in this contest she knows killing her means redoing it everything and well she might be having a HS relapse.
Feb 28, 2021 8:31 AM

Oct 2010
WGN27 said:
So I came here just to hear some answers, isn't Featherine Hanyuu? who is Hanyuu then?

Yes, in one of the few times Ryukishi07 was actually direct about Higu/Umi connections, he outright said a few years ago Hanyuu was Featherine when she had her memory device damaged (which is said to change her personality and appearance in Umineko itself).

That said, he has been much more vague about the Featherine in Gou. The character doesn't even have a name in the credits yet, and in an interview although he didn't deny she was Featherine he outright said that name won't be used.

I think it's still the same idea though. Note that the Hanyuu in early episodes with Rika was just a fragment of herself, and said the real Hanyuu didn't want her meeting Rika. They also highlighted her horn damage, which was constantly shinning in the episode where she disappeared.

wasn't Takano LD? is Satoko going to become a new witch maybe?

Takano was never Lambda herself, but Lambda was often associated with her since Lambda was said to have trapped Bern in a game before Umineko and people obviously associated that with Higurashi, figuring out Lambda used Takano as a piece. Then a later side-story had Lambda blessing a child Takano and she actually uses Takano as a piece in a separate game board in another side-story.

However, Lambda also had elements that seemed to point to Satoko, like her ojou laugh, her closeness with Bern, Bern mentions she fell for a logic problem about cutting a cake that also stumped Satoko and in Umineko Tsubasa Lambda is associated with prank-like traps.
(The cake bit)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66-5Y9C5MVU
Of course, none of that really beat how there was an entire backstory around Lambdadelta trapping Bern for a long time in a game that had nothing to do with Satoko at all. Before Gou.

Although some people still doubt it, I think Satoko is going to become Lambdadelta herself. The game referenced now can just be Gou itself. There are still details that need to be filled in, but I think they're progressing towards that.

That's why Satoko was associated with a Takano-like character like Vier by Featherine this episode, why her casual clothing (high school age) resembles' Takano's, why the scene with Satoko hugging Rika transitioned straight to Takano hugging Tomitake... Basically, They're associating Satoko with Takano now due to the previous association between Lambda and Takano which needs to be acknowledged if Satoko is Lambda.

Note that one of the names Featherine used for Satoko this episode (and the only one actually tied to Satoko's name) was LD3105
LD = LambdaDelta
3105 can be read as Japanese word play involving numbers.
3 = Sa
10 = To
5= Ko
Feb 28, 2021 10:31 AM

May 2020
Lambda came off as the type to keep a game going on as long as possible especially when Bern is involved. Now that Rika has figured out to defeat Takano. She choose another person as her piece. Ld3105 can even be a sort of serial number for Lambdas pieces..... Which is what I would say if 'Featherine' hadnt given looping powers to Satoko.

Assuming that Higurashi was Lambdas doing, when she gave Takano Certainty.

Considering that time is not linear to witches in regards to Kakera. it is in theory possible for Satoko to become Lambda then go back and set up Higurashi. Its not a paradox... And I wouldnt put it past Ryuukishi. It does feel a bit iffy though.
Feb 28, 2021 11:45 AM

Sep 2020
NeonDZ said:
WGN27 said:
So I came here just to hear some answers, isn't Featherine Hanyuu? who is Hanyuu then?

Yes, in one of the few times Ryukishi07 was actually direct about Higu/Umi connections, he outright said a few years ago Hanyuu was Featherine when she had her memory device damaged (which is said to change her personality and appearance in Umineko itself).

That said, he has been much more vague about the Featherine in Gou. The character doesn't even have a name in the credits yet, and in an interview although he didn't deny she was Featherine he outright said that name won't be used.

I think it's still the same idea though. Note that the Hanyuu in early episodes with Rika was just a fragment of herself, and said the real Hanyuu didn't want her meeting Rika. They also highlighted her horn damage, which was constantly shinning in the episode where she disappeared.

wasn't Takano LD? is Satoko going to become a new witch maybe?

Takano was never Lambda herself, but Lambda was often associated with her since Lambda was said to have trapped Bern in a game before Umineko and people obviously associated that with Higurashi, figuring out Lambda used Takano as a piece. Then a later side-story had Lambda blessing a child Takano and she actually uses Takano as a piece in a separate game board in another side-story.

However, Lambda also had elements that seemed to point to Satoko, like her ojou laugh, her closeness with Bern, Bern mentions she fell for a logic problem about cutting a cake that also stumped Satoko and in Umineko Tsubasa Lambda is associated with prank-like traps.
(The cake bit)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66-5Y9C5MVU
Of course, none of that really beat how there was an entire backstory around Lambdadelta trapping Bern for a long time in a game that had nothing to do with Satoko at all. Before Gou.

Although some people still doubt it, I think Satoko is going to become Lambdadelta herself. The game referenced now can just be Gou itself. There are still details that need to be filled in, but I think they're progressing towards that.

That's why Satoko was associated with a Takano-like character like Vier by Featherine this episode, why her casual clothing (high school age) resembles' Takano's, why the scene with Satoko hugging Rika transitioned straight to Takano hugging Tomitake... Basically, They're associating Satoko with Takano now due to the previous association between Lambda and Takano which needs to be acknowledged if Satoko is Lambda.

Note that one of the names Featherine used for Satoko this episode (and the only one actually tied to Satoko's name) was LD3105
LD = LambdaDelta
3105 can be read as Japanese word play involving numbers.
3 = Sa
10 = To
5= Ko
I just hope if that happens, it is explained in GOU because i entered in you without knowing and those are the only hints on GOU (didn't played Umineko novel or Ciconia). That would be good to understand, without the need to play the VN of ciconia, umineko and to only read the manga of umineko
Feb 28, 2021 1:27 PM
Jan 2020
Was hoping this would turn around but fall right back into being a train wreck. Interesting to see more and more people finally waking up to this.

So here we are...again...with Satako, the least popular and most annoying MC in the series, ending another arc by snapping her fingers to trigger a chandelier to drop. Really?? Falling chandeliers, even heavy ones, don't smash bodies in bloody pulps, nor even fatal without a precise strike to the head.

I was already clear Ryukishi has no clue about body damage physics but now I have to wonder if he thinks we're complete idiots who'll accept this silly "Final Destination" like BS?
Feb 28, 2021 1:32 PM

Aug 2012
So, does this happen before Nekodamashi-hen? I remember that it was an arc with only Rika suffering, and it ended with Satoko killing her, and she said that she was Chosen By Oyashiro sama ''(Featherine now)'', and was about to kill Rika because she wanted do leave Hinamizawa.

In the beginning of the anime, Rika asks Hanyu why she is trapped again in Hinamizawa. Is it because Satoko is now killing herself and making everything come back? In nekodamashi-hen part 4, she was walking with a gun in School. So i guess she would kill herself any time she wants if something goes wrong for her.

I'm pretty sad and uncomfortable, I just want to see them having a happy life =(. Kai's happy ending was enough to me.
Feb 28, 2021 1:51 PM

Sep 2020
xIshimura said:
So, does this happen before Nekodamashi-hen? I remember that it was an arc with only Rika suffering, and it ended with Satoko killing her, and she said that she was Chosen By Oyashiro sama ''(Featherine now)'', and was about to kill Rika because she wanted do leave Hinamizawa.

In the beginning of the anime, Rika asks Hanyu why she is trapped again in Hinamizawa. Is it because Satoko is now killing herself and making everything come back? In nekodamashi-hen part 4, she was walking with a gun in School. So i guess she would kill herself any time she wants if something goes wrong for her.

I'm pretty sad and uncomfortable, I just want to see them having a happy life =(. Kai's happy ending was enough to me.
i also think that she is that same arc, maybe the amount of loops will make her loose her mind and in top of that trigger L5.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Gou Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2021

395 by Stinkyanimebrap »»
Mar 19, 9:57 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Gou Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 28, 2021

323 by Drinzen »»
Feb 20, 1:42 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Gou Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jan 14, 2021

317 by Drinzen »»
Feb 20, 1:11 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Gou Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Jan 7, 2021

166 by Drinzen »»
Feb 17, 3:54 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Gou Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Danpmss - Mar 11, 2021

313 by eblf2013 »»
Dec 13, 2023 5:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.