Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Heaven's Design Team
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 18, 2021 8:57 AM
Jul 2018
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
lmao this episode was actually surprisingly educational, learnt a lot about how the parts of animals and stuff came to be. also, how did that alien looking think end up as an owl lol?
Feb 18, 2021 9:00 AM
Sep 2015
The show intentionally put Unabara into a tentacle rape situation and I love it! Thank God, literally LOL
Feb 18, 2021 9:48 AM

Jan 2020
My curiosity was at its HIGHEST with this episode and all of the alien bases lol. Both the tarsier and the owl seemed so much more terrifying when they started off as little aliens. Though, to be fair, tarsiers are still pretty freaky in real life.

The owls came out so cute, though!
Feb 18, 2021 10:38 AM

Jul 2017
This episode, it's all alien weirdo designs and drawings a-lookalike.

Unabara getting the creeps, and the rest trying to re-enact the feeling with an animal...a crocodile icefish? More like a single-celled organism with one eye...scary...

Tsuchiya's grandson Kenta does the design of his first love (aided by the father's re-drawing himself)...but what animal could it be? Not an alien as a base...but adding animal personalities here and there, is more comical than scary for Shimoda fantasizing the final result. Well, a tariser is one if they can try.

"An animal with good hearing"...and back to the alien prototype again. Every design of Tsuchiya's goes one step creepier and more absurd, which I find it hilariously funny. At least it worked out to be different types of owls.

It's been a while since I've enjoyed an episode like this. Keep it coming!
Feb 18, 2021 5:07 PM

Sep 2020
You can't never go wrong with a grey base design.
Feb 18, 2021 5:31 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Design-bu is never miss a chance to amazed me with their surprising education.

This time its included another mystery, someone looking behind, but nothing there? Chameleon? Nah. Its because it got the transparent body. The animal without a hemoglobin, bloodless. Its an antarctic fish! As another side quest they've got an one-eyed creepy creatures called dynophyta-algae as their result of their brainstorming session. Great shit. Also, that chameleon surely erasing up my first guess about this case. Lol, they've got me really hard, there. But truly enjoy their later explanations.

The same condition with the second part where Kenta-kun's observational power indeed beyond normal. That old man, tho, truly brilliant designer. He made that shit from an alien looking creature sketch, to that fuckin wonderful mammal. How could that be? Great shit. Its somehow suggested me, that actually no alien around these world universe. Its just a suggestions of a certain earth creatures, like how these part was made.

The third part was a peak session. Its an owl, from a fuckin alien looking creature sketch again. Lmao that old man. But, truly these part the only part where i can guess it very right. That description, the explanations. Yeah, the easiest part always lead into a satisfaction. Thank you very much, designers!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Feb 18, 2021 5:50 PM

Jul 2011
Was fun to guess which animal the grey alien would become.
Feb 18, 2021 6:56 PM

Apr 2020
i think this series are really enjoyable
really like this so far and not even talking about the amazing art !
it deserves more attention
Feb 19, 2021 6:46 AM

Oct 2016
Pretty good episode! Didn't expect that alien monstrosity to turn in to a Tarsier or an Owl lmao, but if you think about it the alien design is actually a pretty good base for other designs xD.

Actually learned a lot too in that episode, didn't know Tarsiers had 2 tongues or Elephants using their feet to hear. Those single cell eyes are creepy though.
Feb 19, 2021 2:07 PM
May 2019
Funny and educational.

It was amazing how they demystified the validation of an invisible man!
Feb 20, 2021 6:18 AM

Sep 2019
I love how he didn't forget adding his signature to owl and made it in horse's colours lmao.
Feb 20, 2021 10:51 AM

Sep 2011
Good episode.

18 translation sins.
Feb 20, 2021 12:40 PM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
Good to know now that owls are based on aliens.

Also, the invisible man theory comment was quite on point.

Nice episode
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Feb 20, 2021 5:20 PM

Jul 2012
I've been enjoying this series more and more as we go, really nice episode! That whole thing with the "alien" was fun
"In the past few months since we met, I've shared many memories with Nagato. Though I've also shared memories with Haruhi, Asahina-san and Koizumi, I found that I've experienced more events with Nagato in particular. In fact, every situation seems to involve her. I might as well mention this, she's probably the only person to cause the bell within me to shake the most vigorously..." ~ Kyon, TMOSH
Feb 20, 2021 7:25 PM

Nov 2017
Is anybody else wondering when "Nessie",or a Chupacabra is going to turn up?
Or some other cryptid.
How can they make something as scary as that single cell eye thing,and then turn an alien into something as cute as a Barn owl?
The education in this series is superb!
And sometimes a bit offbeat :)
Well,ok,a LOT offbeat :)

And was it just me,or did we not find out what the thing was that was watching Unabara in the bath?
Or was it actually God?
Oh well,who cares,its fun!
Feb 21, 2021 12:13 AM

Oct 2008
oh another weird Organism: Dinoflagellate! the one that causes red tide!
4/5.

Feb 21, 2021 2:18 PM

Nov 2012
Well, there goes my dream of becoming invisible one day!
Feb 24, 2021 1:16 AM

Oct 2017
So the aliens were already among us.
Feb 28, 2021 1:23 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
The first version always looks like a horrible alien and then it ends up being cute, especially the howl xD
Mar 1, 2021 10:36 PM
Apr 2017
An animal that stalks you... Pretty scary.
Mar 23, 2021 8:20 PM

Oct 2019
This show is quite funny and very educational, but this episode confused me. Who were all these people in that freaking Japanese festival supposed to be? They looked like humans in the modern era, but this show is set well before humans emerged - or not? On the other hand it has't quite yet be defined who/what exactly the designers of the "company" are.

They are not angels, only Shimoda-kun and Ueda-san are (as has been mentioned). They are not humans either since that would make no sense, right? Since their names are analogues of ancient Greek gods are they supposed to be minor gods or deities? I wonder if what they are will be revealed later on if they will remain deliberately ambiguous..
May 30, 2021 2:01 AM

Jul 2015
Phillppine Tarsier has a very cursed side to it, considering its supposed to be Kenta's 'first love' and a spot-on recreation from his drawing. Learned something new about Owls and especially Elephants

Jul 22, 2022 4:10 PM
Dec 2019
I genuinely liked the designing process of the owl. Seems like such a simple animal but surprisingly complex. I love how often I can't even tell which animal it will be that they are creating until the final design.
Aug 27, 2022 3:55 AM
Dragon Idol

May 2017
I totally thought they were designing a cat until the wings came around!!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tenchi Souzou Design-bu Episode 12 Discussion

KANLen09 - Mar 25, 2021

47 by Cabbage_Cat »»
Aug 12, 10:22 AM

Poll: » Tenchi Souzou Design-bu Episode 3 Discussion

Ringare - Jan 21, 2021

34 by RGreatDanton »»
May 15, 7:33 PM

Poll: » Tenchi Souzou Design-bu Episode 2 Discussion

KANLen09 - Jan 14, 2021

39 by RGreatDanton »»
May 15, 7:17 PM

Poll: » Tenchi Souzou Design-bu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Jan 7, 2021

94 by RGreatDanton »»
May 15, 6:58 PM

Poll: » Tenchi Souzou Design-bu Episode 5 Discussion

KANLen09 - Feb 4, 2021

28 by anime_ame »»
Sep 4, 2023 4:26 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.