Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Feb 12, 2021 2:35 PM

Apr 2020
Miwa earn more and more a place in my coeur. Gojou making fun of the principal is always on time. and his "drawings" (not to say lovely scribbles lmao) from the curse report made my day

JJK logic: if a character has a covered/closed body part, it is better to be careful when releasing it

Juju Stroll stand! never disappoints
Feb 12, 2021 2:43 PM

Oct 2019
Damn, this was defo a sakuga feast, MAPPA doing Lord's work here..

Also Inumaki and Megumi looking real hot here, like were all the guys such ikemen in the manga? I never thought about it until the adaptation lmao

The juju sanpos are fr every week's highlight, with everything that happened in the manga, I would have never thought I'd still end up shipping Hanami and Jogo ffs
Feb 12, 2021 2:56 PM

Dec 2014
Great episode as always.

Fushigoro's fight was awesome, loved the animation there and the water attack was especially very nice looking with the more painted style.

The curses invaded and decided to screw up the whole tournament cause why wouldn't they? Initially I thought their plan was to go for Satoru and render him unable to act in some way like they mentioned a couple episodes ago but I guess if they just prevent him from getting to the action in the first place then they've achieved the same objective. Somehow I assumed that would involve some kind of fight or trap to catch Satoru. Is Mahito gonna go straight for Yuuji?

The students can't even land a scratch on Hanami, Inumaki seems to be the only one who was capable of binding him. Speaking of which, it was really cool to finally see him in action.

The post credit skit was hilarious. xD
Also, an electric guitar was the last thing I expected the old man to be carrying.

Feb 12, 2021 3:04 PM

Jun 2015
Totally wild, and totally love it. Apart from one moment. The old geezer in charge of everything trying to kill MC enters combat for the better protection of his students and he has a guitar in his briefcase. Depending on how future scenes pan out this might possibly be the most lame thing I've seen in the last 12 months.
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Feb 12, 2021 3:13 PM

May 2013
LOL at them specifically making a barrier that is anti-Gojou since they all know he is just tooo strong for them. xD

Inumaki's voice just got me chills I felt like his curse runs through me as well.
I love Megumi, yesI love him so much he is just little bit away making to my faves list.

Feb 12, 2021 3:14 PM
Mar 2020
ugh episodes always go by too fast. every week. need more!
Feb 12, 2021 3:31 PM

May 2019
This anime has the coolest previews in the history of previews.

I need eye bleach after watching that Juju stroll.

Also, the old fart was the guitar player in the OP??? Nani!? That's the biggest shock of this anime so far.
If you read Eleceed you're automatically my friend.
Feb 12, 2021 3:36 PM

Jul 2011
Each episode is better than the last one.
Fushiguro vs Noritoshi, was a final moments with all respect, was a great Water Breathing meet Kekkai Sensen.
I hope that will be a good focus on the Gakuganji fight, after he took out his weapon, my opinion of him gone to negative to positive faster than a jet. Power of music for the win.
Feb 12, 2021 3:36 PM

Nov 2014
DsMasterBR said:
KaijuSloth said:
Pretty good episode as usual. Just out of curiosity, are there more series with tournament arcs during which the heroes get attacked by villains? The only other one i can think of on the spot is Fairy Tail and that tournament arc wasn't the best. Usually the tournament arcs are a boring excuse for bringing back forgotten under-powered characters with new super strong abilities. However, the Kyoto Goodwill Event Arc has got to be the best tournament arc i have seen so far.

Yes, it's a very common thing to happen in shounen anime. I remember the same thing in Naruto and Boku no Hero Academia.
The villain attack in BNHA didn't happen in the middle of the tournament, it was like afterwards.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 12, 2021 3:37 PM

Mar 2017
Looks like the Exchange Event is over and shit is about to go down. It's weird to say but I actually like Hanami despite it being a cursed Spirit; it doesn't have the same malice as Mahito or Jogo and has a legit reason for wanting humans gone.... and it's also pretty badass haha
Feb 12, 2021 3:40 PM

Jun 2015
katie_potaty said:
Looks like the Exchange Event is over and shit is about to go down. It's weird to say but I actually like Hanami despite it being a cursed Spirit; it doesn't have the same malice as Mahito or Jogo and has a legit reason for wanting humans gone.... and it's also pretty badass haha

Funny how the "nicest" cursed spirit still wants to eradicate humans.
Feb 12, 2021 3:49 PM
Dec 2020
Pre_Yum said:
The fight between Fushiguro and Kamo was amazing as usual. Also, this week's jujutsu Stroll was funny AF XD

I agree. And the parts when Inumaki starts talking is GOLD
Feb 12, 2021 3:53 PM
Apr 2020
Amazing episode. The animation from the first fight kinda iffy tho
Feb 12, 2021 3:54 PM

Jul 2013
Megumi looked really cool in this episode, he was both super chill and also ready to snap. I think the weapon he's got were probably hidden in his shadows since in episode 8(?) he stuck his hand into the shadow when they were talking about carrying the weapons...

Miwa was adorable and Inumaki really showed off his powers here. I wish he could have faced off the regular cursed spirit before hanami showed up but anyway...

i wonder why gojo didn't get to the barrier quickly and ran instead. he could've done what he did in ep 7 with yuji right? but maybe the veil was already up and the dark sphere was just a visual effect that came after idk.

Hyped for the next ep and the animation was great in this ep too!
Feb 12, 2021 3:56 PM
Nov 2019
I love hanami's voice.
Feb 12, 2021 4:09 PM

Oct 2011
Damn, that old geezer rocking out the electric guitar caught me off guard, haha. So it was him at the end of the opening song with the guitar solo all along!
Really dope animation, constant action and tension in the last few episodes and now even more hype for the upcoming battles! Can't wait!
Feb 12, 2021 4:16 PM
Sep 2020
Good episode..OP keeps growing on me...Cursed spririt has a good voice actor..gramps taking out a guitar was unexpected...student fights still felt generic to me but I like invasion angle to keep me invested
Feb 12, 2021 4:55 PM

Jan 2018
Great episode, this anime gets better and better after each episode.
I love Inumaki's cursed speech, it sound very cool every time he uses it.
I didn't expect that old geezer to pull out an electric guitar lmao, that caught me off guard, that caught me off guard xD.
Also, this episodes Juju Stroll was great, can't wait for ep 19 to come out!
Feb 12, 2021 5:01 PM
Nov 2019
So is the technique Megumi used the one that was hinted at before, during the fights with Sukuna a Todou? Or have we yet to see that? The old man busting out a guitar was the most random thing, I must now see his technique. I feel stupid not realizing who Hanami was until the Juju Scroll. And wtf was that Juju Scroll?
Feb 12, 2021 5:13 PM
Sep 2020
Never knew Hanami was a girl even from the manga. Nice way to hint a couple tho. Rather than the action, the still shots were too good. The best moment for me this episode was how they set up Hanami's actual voice and how they interpreted it. Truly beautiful direction choice
Feb 12, 2021 5:29 PM

Jan 2021
This episode was great, but I do prefer the last one with the girls :p

Toge got himself some free sleeping ASMR in the middle of it all, but I suppose he needed to make sure Miwa was safe. I love that Toge calls Gojou tuna with mayo, thats what the subtitle people wrote anyway.

It seems there are differing opinions on Yoshinobu bringing out that guitar, it reminded me of Present Mic from BNHA.
Ryuk is somewhat relatable

Feb 12, 2021 5:58 PM

Sep 2017
Ya makes sense that the cursed spirit thing from the OP would eventually show up and crash the party. I guess we got to see basically everyone fight in some capacity so makes sense that it is now.
Feb 12, 2021 5:58 PM

Nov 2014
Nycro said:
katie_potaty said:

Funny how the "nicest" cursed spirit still wants to eradicate humans.
and humans want to eradicate cursed spirits. So I'd say we're even.
IamVermillion said:

Toge got himself some free sleeping ASMR in the middle of it all, but I suppose he needed to make sure Miwa was safe.

He didn't do it to keep her safe. He did it to eliminate her from the competition
AnimeNerd99 said:
So is the technique Megumi used the one that was hinted at before, during the fights with Sukuna a Todou? Or have we yet to see that?

We have yet to see the sukuna one but the toudou one is probably the elephant cause i doubt he'd use THAT against a fellow jujutsu student
SkyFullOfStars said:
i wonder why gojo didn't get to the barrier quickly and ran instead. he could've done what he did in ep 7 with yuji right? but maybe the veil was already up and the dark sphere was just a visual effect that came after idk.

Indeed the veil is already up so it's too late. And gojo didn't teleport like he did in episode 7 cause there are prerequisites that must be met in order for him to do that.
TheOneOfSeven said:
DsMasterBR said:

Yes, it's a very common thing to happen in shounen anime. I remember the same thing in Naruto and Boku no Hero Academia.
The villain attack in BNHA didn't happen in the middle of the tournament, it was like afterwards.
it happened during a forest training competition between the 2 class. Not a tournament, but still some kind of competition.
Feb 12, 2021 6:03 PM
Apr 2014
Fucking lol the juju stroll is cursed. Love Inumaki's technique.

In case anyone wonders why the hanger rack guy said the monk cheated him when he is the one that casted the barrier to prevent Gojo from entering, it's the nail thing that made the difference.

AnimeNerd99 said:
So is the technique Megumi used the one that was hinted at before, during the fights with Sukuna a Todou? Or have we yet to see that?

Nah, that one is different.

Feb 12, 2021 6:08 PM

Feb 2014
I thought we would get Inumaki vs Hanami one on one language battle. But this is fine too. So it's a unified front against the SSS-tier curse. Damn Hanami giving the planetary chill vibes. Also how the hell did Gramps end up with a guitar for battle. XD
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Feb 12, 2021 6:09 PM

May 2019
The finale of the Goodwill event arc is coming up, and manga readers know exactly what that means:

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Feb 12, 2021 6:10 PM

Jan 2020
Wasn't expecting the arc to end like this but I'm glad it ended off in a unique way. Hanami seems like presence and I'm hyped for next week.

Feb 12, 2021 6:12 PM
Nov 2020
The action was great as always
Feb 12, 2021 6:36 PM

Jan 2021
@ttcchen
I meant that Toge may have listened in afterwards to take proper responsibility, and make sure Miwa wouldn't die due to his actions.
Ryuk is somewhat relatable

Feb 12, 2021 7:37 PM
Dec 2020
the animation for this episode was awesome, but it always is!!! the boys where sooo cool, they're powers were animated really well. an toge really pulled through, he was so funny blurting out those food names. not much to say, just that it was a 10/10 episode yet again. and totally hyped for ep. 19, heard that megumi and maki are gonna team up. so excited to see that. anyways jujutsu kaisen supremacy <3
Feb 12, 2021 7:46 PM

Apr 2020
Kamo vs Megumi is here! One of the most heated battles in this arc, Kamo's blood manipulation is explained really well!

Aw, Miwa XD got her sword taken away. Toge called! He is using Mech's phone that Panda gave him delivering it through Black Demon Dog.
The old man is cunning as ever.

Anime-onlies should definitely check out the manga panel of Hanami coming out of the forest. It was a 2-page spread and was definitely shocking and creepy.
Mahito is her too! And with Juuzo(I think that is his name)

Kamo was born a bastard, yet he was able to become the head of the family! WOW.
Elephant and then Nue! Lets go! Megumi!
Great TEacher Gojo XD
That vcurtain is just for Gojo! He is that much of a game-changer. The curses and curse users are taking great precautions.
The guitarist revealed! XD
Hanami spoke! Is that Kurapika's VA? Hanami is getting ready for an attack!

What the fuck was that school drama stuff! XD Holy shit, that was hilarious!
And then followed by an action-heavy preview too.
--AbiSa--
Feb 12, 2021 7:50 PM

Apr 2020
Sqream said:
I love hanami's voice.

Just found out.
Its same as Lisa Lisa XD
--AbiSa--
Feb 12, 2021 7:54 PM

Jan 2021
MegamiRem said:
Inumaki putting Miwa to sleep was so chill lol.

and he listened to her sleep for a minute too XD. lololol.
Feb 12, 2021 8:01 PM
Jul 2018
Hanami's design is pretty dope. Reminds me of Oro from Street Fighter 3.

AbiSa said:
Sqream said:
I love hanami's voice.

Just found out.
Its same as Lisa Lisa XD

Ahaaa makes sense, Lisa Lisa and Konan. No wonder the voice was so familiar.
Feb 12, 2021 8:16 PM

Jul 2013
ttcchen said:
SkyFullOfStars said:

Indeed the veil is already up so it's too late. And gojo didn't teleport like he did in episode 7 cause there are prerequisites that must be met in order for him to do that.

you're right, I checked the manga and they had a clearer explanation (with a diagram) showing how this barrier was different from normal barriers so the veil was already fully in effect and then the visual effect came later.
SkyFullOfStarsFeb 12, 2021 8:22 PM
Feb 12, 2021 8:18 PM

Jan 2021
MappaPrefersJJK said:
deg said:

the direction and storyboard is just weak unlike last week episode

The direction and storyboard not being as good (subjective) as last week episode doesn't mean it's weak

Yeah. The direction of this episode was not that good. It was bad even. Their were a few close up shots that were just absurd. Caused mixed feelings for the episode. When you've such amazing things to show but you don't align it in a proper way, it just fails. It was like a badly timed hilarious joke.

That, of course, is true for this episode only. I had mixed feelings because the animation of the fight scenes were extremely well and the sound effects never ceased to amaze me. The close combat of Fushigoro with Noritoshi was alright nothing special but when our guy Fushigoro brings out the big guns, man from their on it was just amazing to watch.

Inumaki's attacks were so well animated and the sound effects made it unbelievably real. MAPPA what a great job.

JJK have set a standard for themselves and being a very popular anime setbacks such as this will cause major criticism. It just explains how hyped the anime is and it is a good thing. Although it's a major problem also as the expectations of the audience is extremely high and most expect nothing but perfection.

Appreciation to the animators, directors and the entire workforce that is behind the creation of JJK!
Feb 12, 2021 8:19 PM
Jun 2013
ttcchen said:
Well JJK did start it off using many shounen tropes but they delivered it rather well and even flipped some cliches on its head so im not complaining but JJK will eventually become pretty unique when season 2 and 3 comes out. Ngl season 1 has the boringest arcs of jjk.?

lol This is word by word the same explanation that everybody uses about every popular battle shounen in history, "it starts cliche and using common shounen tropes but it becomes unique after a while, and being honest season 1 adapts the least good arcs of this series, season 2 it's when it will start to get really good" and i'm loving JJK but it is what it is kkkk
Feb 12, 2021 8:21 PM

Jul 2013
AbiSa said:

Hanami's VA is Tanaka, Atsuko! She didn't voice Kurapika but she voiced Konan in Naruto, Lisa Lisa in Jojo, Motoko in Ghost in the Shell, etc
Feb 12, 2021 8:22 PM

Jan 2021
SkyFullOfStars said:
ttcchen said:

you're right, I checked the manga and they had a clearer explanation (with a diagram) showing how this barrier was different from normal barriers so the veil was already fully in effect (probably when the guy hammered the nail in) and then the visual effect came later.

Man, I hope they show that in the next episode. I was majorly confused about that. The direction of this episode was not at par with the other episodes. They could at least show that in the mid commercial bump time like SnK does with details about the gear, titans, island etc if not dedicating a full scene on it. Hope they don't skip it!
Feb 12, 2021 8:23 PM

Jul 2016
Hanami... best waifu? Seriously, the most WTF Juju Stroll till date. Also old geezer Gakuganji pulling out a fucking guitar like... what? xD

Nice episode once again. Villains interrupting a tournament arc? How creative but leaving sarcasm aside, it seems things are about to get pretty intense. Not gonna lie, I'm kinda excited for next week.
Feb 12, 2021 8:25 PM

Jan 2021
AbiSa said:
Sqream said:
I love hanami's voice.

Just found out.
Its same as Lisa Lisa XD

No way. Majji?! I just finished watching JoJo so I find that very interesting! XD.
Feb 12, 2021 8:34 PM

Jan 2020
I loved this episode! Compared to the past few episodes, they picked up the pace this week and I like seeing more of that.
Fushiguro fighting scenes looked very smooth. I have a question though about the last few minutes. Does anyone know why Kamo said they needed Inumaki to get away? If it's something that has not been covered yet (ie a manga spoiler), it's alright, I'd rather wait.

I feel very hyped for what's yet to come thanks to this episode.
I sometimes forget to finish my sentences.
Feb 12, 2021 8:39 PM

Dec 2013
Fushiguro's fight was cool. Even if the other guy was trying way too hard to sympathise with him.

The tree guy's voice is unfitting. I don't understand why they would give it a female voice...

I definitely didn't expect the old man to suddenly pull out a guitar of all things. WTF

Jan 2021
AbiSa said:
Kamo vs Megumi is here! One of the most heated battles in this arc, Kamo's blood manipulation is explained really well!

Aw, Miwa XD got her sword taken away. Toge called! He is using Mech's phone that Panda gave him delivering it through Black Demon Dog.
The old man is cunning as ever.

Anime-onlies should definitely check out the manga panel of Hanami coming out of the forest. It was a 2-page spread and was definitely shocking and creepy.
Mahito is her too! And with Juuzo(I think that is his name)

Kamo was born a bastard, yet he was able to become the head of the family! WOW.
Elephant and then Nue! Lets go! Megumi!
Great TEacher Gojo XD
That vcurtain is just for Gojo! He is that much of a game-changer. The curses and curse users are taking great precautions.
The guitarist revealed! XD

What the fuck was that school drama stuff! XD Holy shit, that was hilarious!
And then followed by an action-heavy preview too.

Miwa is too good to be among the Kyoto students. "Hello, Useless Miwa here". Gosh. So innocent and pure-hearted.

When Kamo was explaining his past I thought Fushigoro will yell out "Who cares what the stupid clan expects of you, what do you want for yourself is what matters. You are free to do what you want, It's your life!" but he's too chill for that XD. I'm sure Itadori would have done that though.

Fushigoro's sword. Man I wanna see more of that!

Gojo is the best sensei or what? Haha.

What, old man with a taste for rock and roll XD. Man that was a great character development right there. No wonder it is one of the best anime this season.

I wish they explained more about the VCurtain. I read that they did a proper explanation in the Manga and I hope they don't skip it in the next episode!

PS: Thnx for linking the manga panel shot of Hanami coming out of the forest. It was great!
Apr 2020
That was epic felt like few seconds yoo
Feb 12, 2021 9:06 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Waah that Gakuganji gramps, I thought he would whip out some traditional weapons like katana or spear but turned out it's electric guitar....

Can't wait for his fight next week ^.^

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Feb 12, 2021 9:20 PM

Aug 2019
as if shit didn't hit 100 already, we've got a third party coming in and ruining the damn game. Fushiguro vs Noritoshi's fight was clean, Noritoshi seems to be a formidable foe with his curse blood ability however Fushiguro seems to have had a massive 1up since we last saw him smack someone. Saw a bit of Noritoshi past. which i guess helps justify why he's doing what he does and such.

I'm hoping they give an explanation to how the other group of curse users managed to find the jujutsu school, and not because they just looked the place up on google maps, and talk about bad timing for the jujutsu students. Be it the new invading group actually used the festival for their advantage, or couldn't care more about it, the students are at a massive disadvantage as they've probably spent half their energy on each other.

Damn, ngl there were a few scenes that had me shook like Inumaki telling the two to run, but honestly i found Gojou actually recoiling back from the barrier's feedback and his reaction, to be 100x more spooky. You know shit is serious when Gojou didn't expect that to happen.
Gramps contributing and taking his own fights his way, i don't know why i didn't expect it, but for some reason i'm not even surprised anymore. Old men in anime are just built different i swear.

Super interested in this special grade curse we saw, although we've only seen a few special grade curses, this one definitely seems to hold the title as one, acting like a higher being of sorts and being almost invulnerable to attacks.

Looking forward to next episode, as if it wasn't a fight to the death already, everyone is gonna have to all in now, and now they're safety net in the form of Gojou has been taking away.
Feb 12, 2021 9:34 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
This is it! A serious fight! Yeah, finally Hanami and Mahito, entering the school! Though, idk who that one cursed user was, but well, at least his contribution might revealed how good that Gakuganji ojii-chan looks alike with his guitar (?). But, the other teacher, Utahime looked weak. Idk why her depiction, from the op sequence, and then this, lead my conclusion to her, struggle...

Poor Toge, though. He seemed to getting tired, using up all the power of that sound technique. Then, by no means, even the combination from Fushiguro attack and those closed eyes Kumo clan blood manipulation technique seems couldn't handle Hanami out by themself. They needed to gather up, asap. But, lol, Miwa enjoyed sleeping in the corner. Could she received a peace under the effect of her sleep? Or someone arrive and saves her butt out? Well, lets see who die first, and let Gojou sensei rock with his technique ....

Juju sanpo look extremely creepy this fuckin time too. Though, why Mahito got that voluptuous item? Lmao. Smh completely with Hanami and Jougou. Seriously....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Feb 12, 2021 10:05 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
All it took was for the old man to pull out an electric guitar and now I kinda like him lol.

Poor useless Miwa, she’s still a favorite of mine at least.
Feb 12, 2021 10:09 PM
Dec 2020
JJK gets better and better every week. Amazing episode. I’m so grateful to MAPPA for making such an amazing anime adaption. Maybe the best anime adaption ever imo
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2020

237 by manishtandurkar »»
Today, 3:39 AM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2021

637 by Gingko »»
Apr 23, 2:39 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2021

244 by yaybeachepisode »»
Apr 18, 2:55 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2021

351 by Hater-chan »»
Apr 15, 10:19 AM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 9, 2020

344 by Alciefer »»
Apr 15, 10:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.