Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 9, 2021 4:52 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That's harsh for Airi's leg, so Seria has to play for her
So in that kind of backstory it wasn't Seria who was "hated" by the parents but actually Alice, and right before leaving they switched places because they looked the same so they managed to play and deceive the parents, wow... so it's actually Seria's kindness that killed Alice, wtf
Feb 9, 2021 5:08 AM

Apr 2014
The story went more creepy and scary. Doll's power is too dangerous.
Seria's real backstory is very tragic. But it's not her fault, no one knows that the disaster will happen. She just wants Alice to be happy.
Is the Doll completely gone? It looks like Kaworun throws it down from the rooftop.
AkeZZZFeb 9, 2021 5:11 AM
何それ?意味分かんない
Feb 9, 2021 5:14 AM

Mar 2019
Another dark episode....what a sad and dark background story...Seria just wanted the best for her sister...it's a hard thing to swallow for sure afterwhat happened...

The doll has more power than anyone expect I think...
Feb 9, 2021 5:25 AM
Jun 2008
Say, I wonder if the beginning of Episode 6 is actually the aftermath when Kaoru Sakakibara throw the act doll from the rooftop, which Hirokazu Takezaki pick it up?

If Takezaki reverse-engineer the act doll for his Super Material Theater, it'll be very bad 'cause it might cause mental distress to the audience.
Feb 9, 2021 6:47 AM
Jul 2018
damn seria needs to get some therapy lmao, quite interesting episode overall and some stuff about doll's origins?? wonder what that was at the end with the window...
Feb 9, 2021 6:50 AM

Sep 2019
Seria’s backstory became even sadder with the reveals in this episode. Seria was the cheerful, and Alica was the “inferior” twin. Seria felt bad for her sister and wanted her to get a gift that she wants too, which happened at the time when the disaster occured. What she went through is really sad, I’m surprised that she had the courage to face her real past. I wonder if the Doll will work after Kaoru threw it off the roof.
Feb 9, 2021 10:09 AM

May 2020
Please someone send all these people to psychology, specially Seria.

Good episode, I didn't expect this turn around of events. Seria was the "good daughter" and not Alice.
Feb 9, 2021 10:47 AM

Nov 2019
Damn this episode was a ride ^^;;

Now we know that doll is OP and that Seria wanted to make her twin Alice happy, so she let her take her place, only for Alice to be killed in a (super)natural phenomenon. Didn't expect that to be the reality~

This series gets darker and darker each episode and I'm living for it! ^o^
Feb 9, 2021 12:53 PM

Jul 2016
is that Doll's true form? I wonder if she manipulates everyone's senses to look like a girl with a white dress and white hair but her looks are actually robot-like
Feb 9, 2021 1:02 PM

Aug 2013
This series is a true dark horse of this season for me.
And the soundtrack is absolutely amazing. It sounds like something from old good KID VNs (Abo Takeshi etc).
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Feb 9, 2021 1:13 PM
Dec 2020
diegontijo said:
is that Doll's true form? I wonder if she manipulates everyone's senses to look like a girl with a white dress and white hair but her looks are actually robot-like

Funi censored ending for this episode where it was shown.
Feb 9, 2021 4:47 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Wow. Finally they revealed the truth behind Seria memories! Such a mess up start, ended up in a mess too. Thats what happened there. Seria, actually Alice on her mind, and Alice figure was actually Seria in the true self. However, since the trauma from Alice lost because of those dissapearance cause Seria to acted like Alice figure previously to idolized herself as a substitute figure. Confused? Well, not really. But, for sure, its a mind-blowing and pretty much jumbling up every previous information. I don't see any signifance behind Doll real purposes so far. Except she just put everyone into such a dreams, or even, the memories like Seria, and she over. The concept of TMS for the actual one? Also, that last and the beginning scenes seems related to each others. Which mean that Takezaki may build a new act doll from those broken doll. Maybe. So, lets see whats the deal behind that separated scene....

Anyway, another note from Airi and Seria relations. Man, they may become a couple in the end of the show, with those kind of scene. Good shit to fill my broken mind after watching this episode....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Feb 9, 2021 4:49 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
OlegShtch said:

Tell me what kind of censor? I am bit of lost in the end. Lol.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

Feb 9, 2021 7:57 PM

Jan 2020
Well damn.. this was an interesting episode. I was expecting this to be a generic idol anime when it first started and I'm glad these episodes have proven me wrong. I'm liking these dark and unhappy episodes

Feb 9, 2021 9:18 PM

Jan 2011
this show keeps getting wilder and wilder and nobody is watching it lol,so she was the good one all along Seria needs help shes hella scary with her mental breakdowns.

and that Doll has shown its real form this whole time it's been mind fucking us all into seeing other things D:

my only dig at this show is despite what it did to Ari it seems totally fine still doing fanservice and selling body jokes, frankly feels disingenuous
katsu044Feb 9, 2021 9:22 PM
Feb 9, 2021 10:58 PM

Apr 2020
Woah woah WOAH. Alice is the mistreated one, and Seria is the twin that their parents liked. How did Seria manages to reverse that role between her and Alice? I think it's trauma or a false persona to forget the bad times that happened in her past.

Either way, after all the harsh things that Airi said to her, they manage to reconcile. That ending though...was that Kaworun? I mean she's in the preview, so I guess it's the Doll. And Doll's real form is really disturbing for some reason. Anyways Alice In Deadly School (AIDS) is a success for the troupe, and let's see how they go forward from this. And ngl I miss the first ED, that was catchy to my ears. Maybe next episode, they will play the 3rd ending theme.
Feb 10, 2021 3:32 AM

Jul 2017
With this episode, it takes the "show, don't tell" adage on its toes, and delivers the trend.

Thinking of a Plan B after Airi got injured and can't perform for a month? well, apparently not the case, Seria MUST take up her position at the double with the Alice in Deadly School play. As if the Yuri "kiss" wasn't a mere indication, the relationship between the two kinda withers somewhat.

In between Seria and Alice the Act-Doll, as everyone have pointed out: Seria's the adored kid while Alice was the imitation character. Seems like the Act-Doll was a plot armour in conjuring past, forgotten memories. This really isn't just about the SMT anymore, it's more in-between the lines of Seria's (and everyone's) backstory of memories and how it conflicts with the happenings of the Gekidol theatre troupe, along with the features of the SMT projection screen.

The play itself...letting the Act-Doll play centerstage is like hypnotising everyone into traumatized states, really going dark and frenzy. Alice's demise from Seria's hands, Kaorwun's meet with the Doll (and throwing it off from the roof), and Airi's reconciliation wih Seria.

All I can say is: WHAT A TWIST. Finally, a good episode explaining WTH's been going on at the surface level of running away from your past.
Feb 10, 2021 9:49 AM

Nov 2013
Yet another amazing episode! My only problem is with how low the score is, and how few people actually care for it!
Feb 10, 2021 10:59 AM
Jun 2008
I'm still worried about Takezaki repairing the Act Doll 'cause it might cause hallucinations.
Feb 11, 2021 6:59 AM

Sep 2020
Well, Airi's legs are broken now, cuz of doll! And Seria is taking over but they don't need an imitation so looks like Airi is giving a hard time to seria.

The doll again did something weird, looks like we got to see the man's backstory a little bit.

Seria gets mad and starts talking about Alice in the middle while practice.
Looks like Seria blames her self for Alice's death as they both switched each other and looks like it was Seria who was popular, got special treatment and not Alice!

This episode was the most interesting by far. Looking forward to what it brings.
Feb 11, 2021 7:06 AM

Oct 2018
Quite a very harsh lesson. And the part saying that it's meaningless to imitate is enough to cause Seria to suffer mental breakdown.

I see, so Alice can't get the doll that Seria received and is really mad. And they decide to get Seria a new doll. They planned to switch place so that Alice get the new doll and then Alice (which is actually Seria) got killed by the disaster and Seria survived. I see, this is getting more interesting now.

That ending scared me. Could it be the Doll's real form? Can't say for sure but looking forward for the next episode.
Forum set made by Nate
Feb 13, 2021 5:40 PM

Jan 2016
dammit Airi-girl, the group are in a pinch but she still want Seria to be "perfect partner" for her and no one object her. Because of that The Day 2's show make Seria's headache more intense.

so, i dont know the show is success or not in the end, the audience that waiting for rain stop kinda not happy. Well, at least no refund or someone will whoring herself. lol.

Yay!
Feb 13, 2021 11:55 PM
KDE Plasma

Jun 2012
grandstorm said:
dammit Airi-girl, the group are in a pinch but she still want Seria to be "perfect partner" for her and no one object her. Because of that The Day 2's show make Seria's headache more intense.

so, i dont know the show is success or not in the end, the audience that waiting for rain stop kinda not happy. Well, at least no refund or someone will whoring herself. lol.

The very emotional reaction of the audience is because of the hypnosis from doll. They see their own memories about what happened during the city disappearance, 5 years ago.
Feb 16, 2021 12:19 AM

Apr 2020
@2322 @Cocoa_Hoto

Watched the fifth and sixth episodes in a row. This episode finally solved a mystery about Seria. Seria is outgoing, while her sister Arisu is very introverted. Naturally, Seria is more pleasing to her parents. Seria got her favorite doll on her birthday, which made Arisu jealous and damaged it. Her parents wanted to take Seria out to buy a new one, but Seria thought it was bad for Arisu, so she and Arisu exchanged identities, which indirectly led to Arisu's death. Seria was very guilty, so she considered herself to be her sister's character to live, and all of this basically made sense.

As for Doll, she should be able to read people's memories and affect people's nerves. In this episode, we learned that she is actually a naked robot. Why does she have the image of a pretty girl? Maybe she has a different image in people's eyes? And her usual image should be the image in Seria's eyes? As we can see Kaoru's eyes have another image of Doll.

Plus, new mysteries continue to emerge:
1. Doll's special preference for Seria, her injury to Airi, her hostile eyes towards Airi, and her falling off the building.
2. Izumi was not affected when she watched the show, but Takezaki (feels like a villain) had been invaded by Doll? And what does Takezaki aim for?
3. Kaoru and the girlname-like guy should know about Doll. At the end of this episode, Kaoru seemed to throw Doll downstairs? Or did she jump off the building herself? Will there be Doll in the follow-up story? Let's look forward to it.

Feb 16, 2021 10:56 PM

Oct 2017
So Airi was actually cheerful one and Alice was the opposite. That was a nice twist, kind of saw this coming but it was still good. Also what happened to doll?
Feb 17, 2021 10:10 PM

Mar 2008
badabass said:
OlegShtch said:

Tell me what kind of censor? I am bit of lost in the end. Lol.

For some absolutely obscure unknown reason, Funimation is using a different ending sequence than pretty much the rest of the world, as I understand it. I suspect the ending sequence for this episode showed Doll's true form, similarly to what it did for Seria in earlier episodes. The ending sequence basically shines a light over them periodically that "reveals" them.

https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/lg2e6k/gekidol_episode_6_discussion/gmt3pmp/
Feb 17, 2021 10:25 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
@razisgosu thanks. I've been searching whats wrong in a late two weeks before, now i understand the hole. Such a shame funi being so uncultured again by changing the ed sequences like that. Smh.

May 31, 2022 6:00 AM

Apr 2011
Seria is getting crazier. She needs help bad.
May 7, 2023 12:24 AM
Jul 2018
I thought the doll was just supposed to be android, so why does it have this power? It being able to access the theater tech and even the other dolls makes sense (I guess) but being able to access a person's memories doesn't make sense. I guess it could be that it's all in Seria's head and it was her mind creating these images and unlocking her real memories and it took the talking to the doll to make it happen.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gekidol Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Mar 16, 2021

63 by Destroyer31 »»
Nov 12, 2023 9:10 PM

Poll: » Gekidol Episode 5 Discussion

Ashhk - Feb 2, 2021

32 by Destroyer31 »»
Nov 12, 2023 12:09 AM

» well i think this is the most memorable show ever made

Almyx2 - Jan 30, 2022

1 by Ima_Ga_Saikou »»
Jun 6, 2023 2:27 AM

Poll: » Gekidol Episode 11 Discussion

KANLen09 - Mar 16, 2021

28 by removed-user »»
May 9, 2023 12:15 AM

Poll: » Gekidol Episode 10 Discussion

KANLen09 - Mar 9, 2021

17 by removed-user »»
May 8, 2023 1:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.