Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Feb 6, 2021 9:28 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ouch, looks like Reki still had that injury on his arm.

On the other hand, Adam made a hell of an impression in front of everyone. I think he's the most charismatic character in this show. Besides just looks and personality, he's actually also a skilled competitor.
Feb 6, 2021 11:02 AM

May 2020
That part will their stomachs growling was so funny "This is an italian restaurant" xD
I really want to slap Adam every time he speaks -_-
Langa escaping that Love hug was incredible, he really flew ^^
Feb 6, 2021 11:03 AM
Jul 2018
damn, another amazing episode. race was sick and animation was so beautiful. too bad the cops came just when it was getting good and we couldn’t see who won

every single outfit miya wears got that drip

also, angel langa lmaooo
Feb 6, 2021 11:11 AM
Sep 2015
Reki is so in love with Langa that he's dreaming about him LOL, I'm wondering if Reki is the one that call the police to stop the match???? And Langa might get angry and break up with Reki and skating with ADAM, forcing Reki to train very hard to win Langa back to him, just my wild imagination.

Next episode Joe will be the center Yeah!
Feb 6, 2021 11:18 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
Let the bromance intensify.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Feb 6, 2021 11:18 AM
Jul 2019
whoops looks like reki's side charactered hard again T_T
Feb 6, 2021 11:29 AM
Jul 2013
The race was really fun, i loved that. Tho i was disappointed it ended halfway. Losing would temper Langa a bit but now he stays reckless and overconfident to the point of stupidity. I guess he will chase after Adam for that thrill again. Interesting love triangle we have here, with Adam, Langa and Reki.

Reki sidelined again but that's expected after last ep's injury. tho him being a side character is a trend in this show now lmao what a shame. Also it irks me that the writers decided everyone and Reki himself just has to verbally beat him and his skills down lol all just to show how great Langa is. What's with this writing. We get it, Langa is great. Dont have to shove it down my throat every 5 secs at the expense of other chars.
Feb 6, 2021 11:30 AM

Jun 2019
As expected, Adam is a strong competitor. But, what an amazing race.
Reki still looks a bit injured. Hope he gets well soon and hops back on where he left off.
Feb 6, 2021 11:31 AM
Jul 2018
i was so nervous and worried for langa the whole episode. honestly i felt the same as reki ( abt langa and adam's race) But man langa proved me wrong. That was really an exciting race! The only thing i can give to adam is the way he skate. even though i don't agree wiith it, it's really exciting to watch. Still though he is creepy and he can go to hell. Next episode looks fun though. i cant wait!

btw can we already give my boy reki time to shine? don't get me wrong.i'm proud of langa but it's just that i feel bad for reki
removed-userFeb 6, 2021 2:34 PM
Feb 6, 2021 11:35 AM

Dec 2009
Langa is not sure whether he'd bottom or top, while Adam confirms he's found his Eve in him. Oh my~ In the meanwhile Reki gets jealous. Heheh. And not to forget the vibes the Joe&Cherry couple gives off!
Feb 6, 2021 11:47 AM

Mar 2020
Last episode was really good but man did it just get better. This episode was great!

Adam is a powerful opponent and to beat him one will have to pull crazy stunts to achieve victory. Langa was able to pull off quite a few tricks. He was able to shake off Adam's dancing and avoid an unexpected Love Hug. Still, before the police showed up Adam displayed his amazing speed. Adam probably still has not revealed a couple of his dirty tricks. Well the police showed up and the competition will be put on hold till their next encounter.

Judging by the preview for next episode it seems it'll be more comedy oriented.
Feb 6, 2021 11:56 AM

Mar 2015
I think the story was moving at a really fast pace, so I'm not surprised at the break before the end of the race with the cops coming.

The race was so amazingly stylish, Adam is just on whole another level, what a show.
Feb 6, 2021 11:57 AM

Dec 2014
Good episode again.

Love hug is just a relative velocity trick, everyone thought he could only do it on straightways but turns out Adam can do it on corners too. Langa just jumping was just crazy but epic as hell.

Some of the dancing stuff is absurd and so over the top, it's almost as if they just merged their boards together and then split it apart.
Feb 6, 2021 11:58 AM
Feb 2021
I haven’t watch the episode but now I’m early haha
Feb 6, 2021 11:59 AM

Apr 2015
AHAHAHA, this anime never fails to amuse me, I couldn't stop laughing after the love hug when it showed Langa as an angel. ADAM totally fell in love at that moment, he found his EVE. Jokes aside, enjoyable episode as always. First half was more heartwarming with Langa and Reki showing concern for one another, and the second half with the race was thrilling. ADAM is a discount Hisoka, but ngl he makes this show very fun. His little dancing is hilarious. Still fucked up how he pulled on the spectators during the turns though. Disappointing that the race never finished with the police coming, but at this point Langa definitely would've lost so it was inevitable. If I had to guess, it was probably a relevant character who called the cops. Don't know what to expect for the next episode other than them going to the beach, and it seems like the only female character in the OP will finally make an entrance.

"As promised, all that you seek, all that we desire, is prepared up there. On top of the Tower."
Feb 6, 2021 12:00 PM
Mar 2018
OH MAN!

I'm so worried about Langa. I'm scared he might have been seduced by Adam. It really feels like they are going hard with a Reki/Langa/Adam triangle and I'm so scared for Reki and Adam. Adam is obsessed and is not going to give up on Langa, and I just feel like he is going to go back for more.

I think that Adam's Butler/Chauffer called the police. He's jealous I think...
Feb 6, 2021 12:05 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Yep definitely made by the guy who made free! and banana fish. Also angel langa may make you question your sexuality

Was actually really wondering what the outcome of this race was going to be. Adam wins and cements himself as a true menacing force? Langa wins and thus proves himself as a rookie to be reckoned with? Once he jumps over adams love hug and Adam just stands there for a minute I legit thought it was in the bag for langa, but he wouldn’t feel satisfied with his win because he didn’t exactly win it fairly with Adam just standing there tap dancing LOL. Whatever I’m just super glad they didn’t do a cheap move and end on a cliffhanger. They could have made this whole episode just training langa and then end it right before the race starts. Or perhaps begin the race but cut when something drastic is about to happen. But no they end the race and finish off with a nice little talk between reki and langa. Thanks for not being cheap guys. Although...

Having the police show up and everyone disperses so no one wins. Yeah that works too I guess. Obligatory beach episode coming but this time with more man meat
BetaMaleUltraFeb 6, 2021 12:09 PM

NYANPASU
5700XT

Feb 6, 2021 12:05 PM
Mar 2015
I'm rewatching the episode after finishing it just now and I'll be basing my entire personality around it.
Feb 6, 2021 12:15 PM

Sep 2019
It's dumb how Reki's injury will only take 2 weeks to recover after that fall, they did it like that to not have any unnecessary drama I guess. Anyway, Adam was great as always. Langa looked really good when he did that move, Adam's reaction to it was even better.
Feb 6, 2021 12:18 PM

Jan 2011
Dio VA always shine wherever you put him
Feb 6, 2021 12:20 PM

Sep 2018
My God ADAM is crazy and over the top character, and when you add Dio's VA into the mix its just gets better :D
well that's just my opinion.....
Feb 6, 2021 12:23 PM

Apr 2015
I expected some crazy gymnastics from this challenge and wasnt disappointed. Adams intentions are clear, but surprisingly(?) Langa seems a bit interested in Adam too now.
cant wait for the next episodes.
Feb 6, 2021 12:31 PM

Jun 2019
Alright, the creators are definitely trying to entice gay ships between characters. It isn’t too overt right now, but it is certainly present. As long as it has a function in the story (like with ADAM seeing Langa as his EVE) I don’t mind it. But if it is just there as fanservice, then it bugs me. The skating scene was great as always though. I like the music too.
Feb 6, 2021 12:52 PM

Jan 2016
I wasn't too impressed with the first 3 episodes, but this show is really picking up now. The last 2 races against Adam were insane. 9/10 episode.
"hes too slow i dont know how hot has his processor but i put some death grips on it and its getting loud its getting lit"
Feb 6, 2021 12:59 PM

Jul 2020
at this rate I've just come to accept that this show is not realistic at all and it's just turning into enjoyable stupid fun at this point
Feb 6, 2021 1:05 PM
Feb 2019
I don't like how langa is like a prodigy and reki is useless af
Feb 6, 2021 1:07 PM
Aug 2020
I really felt a lot of second hand embarassment while watching the scenes of Adam & Langa together... Maybe it's because I'm queer myself, I don't know but I just really don't like how they use the queer elements here.

That being said, that scene at the end made me feel like Langa is going to be like: 'skating with him made me feel things and I want to experience it again' and is going to end up going a seperate way from Reki (would explain the hints in the OP too) and then afterwards maybe we will get more Reki screentime?
Feb 6, 2021 1:13 PM
Wings

Apr 2017
Off brand Hisoka's getting wilder every episode 😂
Feb 6, 2021 1:37 PM
Nov 2020
dubiouslydarling said:
OH MAN!

I'm so worried about Langa. I'm scared he might have been seduced by Adam. It really feels like they are going hard with a Reki/Langa/Adam triangle and I'm so scared for Reki and Adam. Adam is obsessed and is not going to give up on Langa, and I just feel like he is going to go back for more.

I think that Adam's Butler/Chauffer called the police. He's jealous I think...

thats a smart thought.. and i also hope the langa adam thing gonna be some serious stuff o-o
Feb 6, 2021 1:39 PM
Nov 2020
payment said:

yes thats bugging me a lot.. and i know that this whole thing isnt real n stuff but Langa is getting TOO good, my head just cant accept that. ?idk its hard to explain
Feb 6, 2021 1:39 PM

May 2019
This anime is absolutely ridiculous and I LOVE IT.

Looks like Reki somehow managed to not get hurt after that crash, I was expecting it to be not serious tho, since the characters in this show have bones of steel.

Miya and Shadow look like adorable brothers.

I wonder who called the cops.. Adam's secretary? Reki? The shop owner? Someone else?? Adam the modern-day Hisoka has become even creepier. He called Langa his Eve, and damn, it seems like the feeling's mutual. Langa will definitely end up following Adam and that will probably damage his and Reki's friendship. I now started to get the hidden message in the OP. I wonder if Reki ends up racing with Langa in the end...

This season I watch some meh sequels, a generic af romcom, an isekai harem with a pedo protagonist, a volleyball melodrama, and Persona 5 with eggs... Among all those seasonals I watch, this one entertains me the most. Every second of this anime is pure fun.

Blue_Maroon said:
Alright, the creators are definitely trying to entice gay ships between characters. It isn’t too overt right now, but it is certainly present. As long as it has a function in the story (like with ADAM seeing Langa as his EVE) I don’t mind it. But if it is just there as fanservice, then it bugs me. The skating scene was great as always though. I like the music too.

I didn't feel like it was a fanservice at all. It was just Adam's personality. I don't see any gay ships either. Cherry Blossom and Joe are just rivals, Reki and Langa are bros, and Adam is just Hisoka. And maybe his secretary is just concerned for him because he's an important person, idk. Of course, you can choose to find a different meaning in every character action but then it would be just like this one video:
bluninjaFeb 6, 2021 1:57 PM
If you read Eleceed you're automatically my friend.
Feb 6, 2021 1:43 PM
Nov 2020
Elviri27 said:
I really felt a lot of second hand embarassment while watching the scenes of Adam & Langa together... Maybe it's because I'm queer myself, I don't know but I just really don't like how they use the queer elements here.

That being said, that scene at the end made me feel like Langa is going to be like: 'skating with him made me feel things and I want to experience it again' and is going to end up going a seperate way from Reki (would explain the hints in the OP too) and then afterwards maybe we will get more Reki screentime?

hopefully... otherwise my ratings goona fall a (big) bit lol... the dancing scene was also too mch for me at some point, some people here and on tiktok compared him to hisoka and i have to agree more and more about that whenever i see him
Feb 6, 2021 2:06 PM
Oct 2020
payment said:

I agree with that one . Okay, Langa is great and too cool and everything, we got that. But please don't sidecharacterize ma boy reki :/I hope he will shine again.

Overall, crazy episode.
Feb 6, 2021 2:15 PM

Aug 2020
Best episode yet by far!

Great pacing, I was surprised when the beef started this episode, I expected it to be next episode and I was fine with that but this is even better! Not to mention the animation was very detailed and fluid. This episode felt way shorter then 20 minutes, simply because of how pulled in I was.
clannad is the greatest piece of fiction to ever exist.
Feb 6, 2021 2:49 PM
Feb 2021
Ok. We all love Langa and all but Reki needs his spotlight. You know he’s the mc and it’s been 5 ep of the anime and it’s all about Langa. Not hating towards Langa but it would be amazing if Reki gets his spotlight. Also, is this anime turning into BL. I need confirmation
Feb 6, 2021 2:55 PM

Jun 2019
nanimeanswhat said:

Blue_Maroon said:

I didn't feel like it was a fanservice at all. It was just Adam's personality. I don't see any gay ships either. Cherry Blossom and Joe are just rivals, Reki and Langa are bros, and Adam is just Hisoka. And maybe his secretary is just concerned for him because he's an important person, idk. Of course, you can choose to find a different meaning in every character action but then it would be just like this one video

Perhaps fanservice was too strong of a word for what I was attempting to say. I would say that this anime is attempting to subtlely (or not subtlely at times) entice gay ships between characters to spur on more fan engagement by female and gay viewers. This isn’t an uncommon strategy and it isn’t too overt in this anime, but it is present if you have seen enough anime targeting a female demographic.

For example, this anime features a bunch of pretty-boys doing an athletic activity/sport, a genre that has historically large female followings (think “Free”, “Haikyuu”, and “Kuroko no Baske”). Furthermore, you also have some character relationships that are commonly shipped together, such as the friend/rivals with Joe and Cherry Blossom, the loud friend + quiet friend with Langa and Reki, and the boss/servant relationship with Adam and his secretary.

The reason why I brought this up in this episode is because of how much more noticeable it was. Cherry Blossom showing “Love Hug” and ending up nose-to-nose with Joe. Reki constantly worrying about Langa and not wanting him to skate with Adam. Adam’s secretary subtlely going above and beyond to protect Adam, while not approving of his skating lifestyle. Obviously, none of this sounds unreasonable for straight characters to do, but it is in its execution that it becomes noticeable.

Again, I am not saying that this is ruining the anime or anything like that (I am still enjoying it a lot). But it is something that I find unnecessary and even a bit shameless to do. That being said, if it turns out that the characters actually are gay, then it would have a purpose and would not be an area of critique because it wouldn’t feel like the anime was trying to have it both ways. Either commit to it or don’t do it and hope the product will be good enough to warrant fan engagement.
Feb 6, 2021 3:26 PM

May 2015
i'm really curious too see how the (possible) BL part will be added to the anime tbh
No matter who much you regret or wish,
if you couldn't do something in life,
you can't do it after death, either.
- Hanako
Feb 6, 2021 3:31 PM

Dec 2015
Adam definitely seems gay. :D The way he talks to Langa and his servant ...
But maybe we get to see more interaction with that red-haired female and him soon.
Feb 6, 2021 3:34 PM

Aug 2020
Cool episode, lots of funny moments but thrilling ones too!
Feb 6, 2021 3:39 PM

Jul 2020
I really enjoyed all the episodes so far, but the last two episodes (and races) were waaay better. I just wish Reki will get a proper development. I love his personality, and his supporting and caring side; I can see myself in him and it's reasonable that shining characters like Langa get the spotlight. But this isn't reality so please give my boy Reki what he needs! I also like the other side characters; they're very funny and their thing with Adam is actually quite interesting to me. I really hope the next episodes won't disappoint but for now totally 5/5
Feb 6, 2021 3:45 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Intense episode with a battle of Langa vs Adam. But man, does Adam have his own harem of little boys he's nailing or what? The guy is a straight up creeper.

I had to double take when he said "I've found my EVE". Is he planning to spread his seed with Langa or what? I assume he's got some kind of aspiration to start some new thing in skating, where he and his eve will make it a reality. What that is, is anyone's guess.

I'm disappointed that this has turned into the Langa show, while Reki continues to eat shit. I'm also having a hard time understanding how Langa was even able to pull off such ridiculous tricks after only skateboarding for a month. I understand that he's been a lifelong snowboarder, but only so much of that can translate to skateboarding.

Honestly, the best part of this show was the bromance between Reki and Langa. We got some today with Langa helping the one-handed Reki out at lunch. But once it started getting away from that it lost a lot of its charm.

At least the animation remains stellar.
Feb 6, 2021 4:01 PM

Mar 2012
Todd_ said:

I'm disappointed that this has turned into the Langa show, while Reki continues to eat shit. I'm also having a hard time understanding how Langa was even able to pull off such ridiculous tricks after only skateboarding for a month. I understand that he's been a lifelong snowboarder, but only so much of that can translate to skateboarding.

Literally this. Langa competing is boring as fuck because he's just good at everything. He's probably better than Joe and Cherry at this point.

The show is making it hard for me to like Langa.

CEOAmaterasuFeb 6, 2021 4:04 PM
Feb 6, 2021 4:10 PM

Apr 2020
I kinda lost it when Langa jumped over Adam.
I'm probably just biased but damn the voice performance for Adam is just perfect Koyasu Takehito was truly the correct option.
"Anime is trash... and so am I"

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Feb 6, 2021 5:26 PM
Mar 2019
This was Madness lol 😂
Feb 6, 2021 6:18 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Good ep.

Man, the showdown between Langa and Adam was dope even if it was cut short. Langa avoiding Adam's love hug was truly a pog moment, it was fucking crazy beautiful.

I wonder how the cops found out about the place given it's supposed secrecy. I'm going to assume it has to do with that hot girl with the red hair that we saw early in the episode.

I'm looking forward to the next ep.
Feb 6, 2021 6:19 PM

Dec 2020
I was a bit nervous for Langa at the start of the episode but he impressed, though I am still kind of worried for him. And as for Adam, I think he is very skilled but he gives me Hisoka vibes, I don’t like him very much so far. I also really liked the heartfelt moments between Reki and Langa, I enjoy their friendship and I’m excited to see how it progresses in future episodes.
Feb 6, 2021 6:55 PM
Jul 2019
This episode actually really good. Specifically Langa's jumping scene. But reki's a lot of leaving background. Main mc look like reki. Langa's learning abilities overrated.
Feb 6, 2021 7:08 PM

Apr 2018
never before have i been this glad to see a show go so completely off the rails
Feb 6, 2021 7:24 PM

Apr 2018
earyna said:
Elviri27 said:

hopefully... otherwise my ratings goona fall a (big) bit lol... the dancing scene was also too mch for me at some point, some people here and on tiktok compared him to hisoka and i have to agree more and more about that whenever i see him

Lmaooo glad it's not just me. like that was entertaining, sure, but also cringe. entertaining cringe. honestly i'm so used to this exact trope from other anime that i'm just rolling with it but man that was a lot to sit thru
at least langa isn't an actual literal 11yo, right hisoka?
Feb 6, 2021 7:33 PM

Oct 2011
payment said:
It's annoying but it happens in real life too unfortunately.
The less "gifted" have to work 10x harder to be just as good.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » SK∞ Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2021

212 by Tobimaroo »»
May 1, 1:23 PM

» Langa's relationship with reki ( 1 2 )

Old_School_Akira - May 7, 2022

65 by Tobimaroo »»
Mar 10, 3:11 AM

Poll: » SK∞ Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2021

147 by Tobimaroo »»
Mar 4, 5:21 AM

Poll: » SK∞ Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 30, 2021

142 by Tobimaroo »»
Jan 31, 4:58 AM

» SK8 the Infinity Event & Bucchigiri!?

OnlyAraku - Dec 31, 2023

8 by OnlyAraku »»
Jan 9, 12:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.