Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 31, 2021 7:10 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Honestly not surprised that she came back and we got a happy ending after all the drama and hardship of saving the world. Cute.

It also looks like this manga is getting an anime and live action. How interesting.
Jan 31, 2021 7:37 AM

Oct 2017
Wow so we got an absolute happy end where everyone's living happily ever after. Never thought we'd get an ending like this back when I first started reading this manga but hey can't hate a happy ending now can I.

Tbh I really loved the first half of this manga but it slowly went downhill and the last 40-50 chapters were kinda dragged out but hey this manga was still better than many other generic shounen titles in jump from last couple of years.

Anyway I'm glad they had their happy end. Even Ryuu is alive and damn Haine is his daughter, that's great. Also I'm fuckin happy best girl Hizuru is alive and well. Gonna miss this manga, Sayonara~
Jan 31, 2021 8:14 AM

Jan 2016
Oh wow it finally ended. The first half was really really good (I binged around 100 chapters and ended up sleeping at like 3 am because of it), but ended up becoming less good at the second half. At least they got a happy ending though.

And wow, it's gonna get an anime adaptation!!! If they adapt at least part of the first half well, then I think it's gonna be a really good anime. Can't wait for it.
Jan 31, 2021 8:22 AM

Jul 2017
Good ending to what was a fairly disappointing manga in the longrun. Good premise and a fine start but just fell out for me over time and lost my interest for a good portion of time. At least this ride is over now and ended on a fairly respectable note.

Also, gg for it getting an anime adaptation AND a live-action one too now.
Jan 31, 2021 9:35 AM
Mar 2015
Shadows gone. Everyone alive He is back together with Ushio Sensei writes a book called Summer Time Render based on his memories of what occurred
landofthekwtFeb 1, 2021 11:22 AM
Jan 31, 2021 5:38 PM
Feb 2020
Surprised everyone lived. Good series
Jan 31, 2021 9:01 PM

Dec 2015
Picked this up last January and now the end is here. Very good ending to tie it all up.

Surprised to see it go this week. Thought it had at least one more chapter to go (maybe like an epilogue), but all in all I enjoyed the manga. As expected from Ushio erasing the whale in the last chapter, everything has gone back to normal. Well except Ushio's and Shinpei's memories. On another note that picture with Mio eating the candy apple brought me back to a little terror from the beginning of this series.

They finally got to experience the festival T_T.

Gotta love a good time loop story. I'll stick to my 8/10 score.
hai_X_isJan 31, 2021 9:05 PM
Feb 2, 2021 9:08 PM

Oct 2014
awww this ending was sweet, the final two pages were absolutely beautiful!

8/10, had some dragging moments in the second half but i overall really enjoyed it
Jun 17, 2021 2:19 PM

Aug 2015
Was it only me that saw the art degrade so badly in the last 15-20 chapters that it was even difficult to know who was who?

I mean just compare the art from first few chapters to the last few ones. Character designs turned weird to ugly

Back to the chapter, the ending was alright for me,but they could have made it so much better
Apr 1, 2022 4:13 PM

Aug 2008
Well the ending doesn't make sense in the way time travel stories don't like in the ending of Back to the Future, stopping the shadows three centuries prior would have big ripple effects and everything wouldn't be almost exactly the same as before. Shinpei's parents wouldn't have been murdered, would he have even left the island? Would the same people even exist in this new timeline? Everything needs to come back full circle though for satisfying ending and I accept this with a smile. I approve of happy endings when earned and now Shinpei can have a real chance with Ushio now, hopefully will take that opportunity.

Not sure why some people are complaining about the manga dragging, I thought was well paced myself, never got bored or thought there was just padding to increase chapter count. If anything I would have liked a bit more character interactions with the supporting cast, once they finished their little mini-arcs they pretty much got nothing thereafter. More ShinpeixUshio moments would have been nice as well, felt a little cold of their interacting with each other considering they are hiding bigger feelings for each other. Perhaps anime adaptation can draw this out more.
Apr 4, 2022 11:02 AM

Apr 2022
Well, looks like they went for the safest option: bringing everyone back. In a way it just feels forced and generic as far as time travel stories go.

I felt the mangaka tried to overcomplicate the time travel mechanics and it often felt he was trying to overcompensate for something. Overall a solid 5-6/10 manga, but I’ll settle with a 6 since the suspense is used very effectively and I’ve been handing 5s like candy anyways.
Apr 16, 2022 3:04 AM

Aug 2020
Mr. Policeman and Ms. Sensei doesn't get together
1/10 Ending
DILF characters need more appreciation
Hot boys which are not Bishies also welcome
Apr 21, 2022 3:09 PM
May 2021
Didn't expected it to have a happy ending but it was really good . The first 60 chapter were a 10/10 and the rest were an 8/10 so I give it a 9/10 .
Apr 21, 2022 10:31 PM
Dec 2019
I'd give the manga 10/10 score if it wasn't for the ending T.T Not a bad ending, but somehow it feels like "it was just a dream" ending; and I personally don't like that kinda ending T.T
Apr 25, 2022 3:17 PM
Jul 2017
MinxNight said:
Mr. Policeman and Ms. Sensei doesn't get together
1/10 Ending

He ain’t single he’s got someone named Erika or somethin’ XD
May 12, 2022 10:10 AM

Nov 2013
gswelcome said:
Well the ending doesn't make sense in the way time travel stories don't like in the ending of Back to the Future, stopping the shadows three centuries prior would have big ripple effects and everything wouldn't be almost exactly the same as before. Shinpei's parents wouldn't have been murdered, would he have even left the island? Would the same people even exist in this new timeline? Everything needs to come back full circle though for satisfying ending and I accept this with a smile. I approve of happy endings when earned and now Shinpei can have a real chance with Ushio now, hopefully will take that opportunity.

Not sure why some people are complaining about the manga dragging, I thought was well paced myself, never got bored or thought there was just padding to increase chapter count. If anything I would have liked a bit more character interactions with the supporting cast, once they finished their little mini-arcs they pretty much got nothing thereafter. More ShinpeixUshio moments would have been nice as well, felt a little cold of their interacting with each other considering they are hiding bigger feelings for each other. Perhaps anime adaptation can draw this out more.

I feel ya (about time travel). It's such a delicate topic, it's very hard to make the story believable when time-travel plays a key role in the plot. My biggest issue here is the mentioning of famine in the past. Haine became a goddess who made shadows (of the Islanders) that helped the starving population of the island to survive! Without Haine, I believe lots of people would've died. By erasing shadows entirely, the history should've changed a lot. The fact that the shadow-whale didn't copy Haine 300 years ago, would've changed things too. BUT, this "plot-hole" is debatable. After all, Priest Shidehiko was the one who told the history of the Island to Shinpei. It's possible he could've lied (though I wonder why he would lie...)

Anyways, I'm very happy with the "everyone's happy and alive" ending, but I just can't be 10/10 content with the story because of "butterfly effect" taken too lightly, IMO.
Jun 19, 2022 8:28 AM

Aug 2019
The first half was thrilling, but the second half was a little disappointing. In terms of the ending, I was expecting a plot twist or a depressing outcome, but it was quite different.

I honestly expected a dark ending, but it turned out to be a happy ending, which absolutely surprised me. It was great read tho, totally worth it.
Jun 26, 2022 4:58 PM
Nov 2020
LordiakZ said:
I'd give the manga 10/10 score if it wasn't for the ending T.T Not a bad ending, but somehow it feels like "it was just a dream" ending; and I personally don't like that kinda ending T.T

For me the manga is a good 8/10 and while I agree with you regarding the ending, it didnt drag my score down.

That said, I am not a fan of endings where characters ( especially the MCs) lose their memories either.It also bothers me a bit that there wasnt a confession at the very end even though we all know that they end up together. I mean, if they didnt lose their memories a confession wouldnt be necessary because shinpei pretty much confessed when the entered haine's home world but so it feels like something is lacking.
Jul 23, 2022 3:59 PM
Apr 2015
So I wonder
Did his parent didn’t die
But if so it will make him different person
Along the fact what are they celebrating for if the Hiraku didn’t exist in first place
But I leave like that it will give me a headache šŸ˜¢
Jul 27, 2022 4:02 PM

Jul 2021
Honestly reading this back, I don't feel like there's anything wrong with the 2nd half like it didn't really lower my score, it's just going full action-oriented with fewer dialogues and the end is satisfying, if anything it's the art that's lowering it because yeah there were some downgrades in terms of it that I lost track with the concept they're trying to imply.

Re-read!
There is an ending in part of the series which to me felt like it's the INITIAL and everything so forth felt too stretched out if anything.
CQLLISTSep 24, 2022 5:52 AM
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Dec 28, 2022 4:18 PM
Dec 2022
Gooddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd
Mar 9, 2023 12:01 PM
Aug 2021
Master piece i dont have words to
to describe how good is that manga
Mar 13, 2023 3:28 PM
May 2022
I seriously didn't know how they would make this ending believable. At every point in this Manga one would have guessed, that the ending would mean a destined goodbye. or else it wouldn't make sense. But damn, they made it make sense. I love how everything tied together. And some plot holes and unlucky left behinds are filled with fantasy and a touching wholesome ending. Tears. Tears. Tears. Though they did Mio dirty. She could have been so much more important.
Apr 2, 2023 2:55 PM

Feb 2021
animejas said:
Good ending to what was a fairly disappointing manga in the longrun. Good premise and a fine start but just fell out for me over time and lost my interest for a good portion of time. At least this ride is over now and ended on a fairly respectable note.

Also, gg for it getting an anime adaptation AND a live-action one too now.

I totally agree, this manga was like 50 chapters longer that need it to be,they were milking it
Jan 6, 9:57 PM
we back

Aug 2015
The final panel with the Ushio and Shinpei with the fireworks was peak.

Honestly a pretty enjoyable read, see some people say it dragged in the second half but it really doesn't feel like that when you're reading it all at once. I think it's a really good mystery manga that does the time travel stuff as well as you can. The ending was very satisfying too.

More topics from this board

» Am I the only one who sees resident evil vibes?

Neostorm-X - Apr 16, 2023

0 by Neostorm-X »»
Apr 16, 2023 8:25 PM

Poll: » Summertime Render Chapter 129 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2020

3 by Noir_Alchemist »»
Apr 2, 2023 2:19 PM

» A question about English edition.....

taru_otaku - Oct 5, 2022

3 by Alexioos95 »»
Oct 6, 2022 1:46 AM

» A question regarding Shinpei (Spoilers)

ImGeneric - Jul 30, 2022

1 by WVM »»
Sep 30, 2022 1:35 AM

» Is this Manga all over the place? - Thoughts after reading volumn 2

MaryArts - Sep 28, 2022

0 by MaryArts »»
Sep 28, 2022 5:45 PM
Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.