Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Cells at Work! CODE BLACK
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 31, 2021 7:26 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Kidney stones... so many bad memories from when I was younger and suffered from this disease, so it was probably the most disturbing episode for me so far xD but I still liked it
Jan 31, 2021 7:53 AM

Jan 2017
TIL Kidney Cells don't regenerate and we have a set amount since birth, that's kinda scary to think about

regarding the episode, I can't help but cringe everytime the stone is shown oh god
Feb 5, 2021 4:58 AM

Mar 2009
My enormous sympathies to anyone who had to deal with kidney stones. This was a painful episode to watch. Reminds me of when I was at a restaurant with a friend once. For some reason, he got into this big story about his experience passing one. I shit you not - I almost fainted in the restaurant.

Kidney stones sound horrifying.
Feb 6, 2021 10:45 PM

Mar 2016
Just wondering what this poor worker's health bills are coming to. Sure, they've been able to get along with some over the counter drugs in the past, but this time it was definitely a trip to the doctors'/hospital (although that tube clearly wasn't fully sterilised).

The kidneys are another indicator of how amazing, but also how stupidly inefficient biology can be at times. All the expendable cells that do minor jobs constantly being regenerated, but the organ with a major role of waste filtration? No regenerating of cells, it's just a ticking time-bomb =_=
Feb 9, 2021 6:13 AM

Oct 2013
I've never wanted to have sex with my kidney as much as I do right now!!!! Glomeuli for the win! Sexy traditional Japanese cellssssssss woooooo
Feb 11, 2021 9:51 AM

Aug 2016
Dude has really good doctor, if nothing else.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 28, 2021 3:21 PM

Apr 2018
Martin_Taylor said:
Dude has really good doctor, if nothing else.

Well, not that good if he/she let bacteria onto the endoscope. Those quirurgic appliances need to be perfectly sterile when used.

My theory is that the pain of the stones was so much that the guy went to the first surgeon at hand and it wasn't a very good one. They probably used a second hand endoscope to do the operation.
Mar 23, 2021 6:25 AM

Feb 2020
Another sad and rough episode. RIP grandma. :(
Jun 11, 2021 3:42 PM

Sep 2007
Given my profession, I really enjoyed this episode

Dec 23, 2021 4:05 AM

Jul 2015
Seeing red blood in pee is already scary AF but I can't imagine the pain.

Mar 11, 2022 8:22 AM

Apr 2016
That Kidney stone was painful to watch.
Mar 15, 2022 10:29 AM

Aug 2021
If the original series was a bright and cheerful look at the workings of a relatively healthy human body, Cells at Work BLACK is quite the opposite: the body is stressed, exhausted, its owner makes lousy health decisions... All of which will affect red blood cells, white blood cells and other (familiar, but different) organisms that find themselves facing an almost lost fight in advance to keep the body going and moving forward.
If the original series was a bright and cheerful look at the workings of a relatively healthy human body, Cells at Work BLACK is quite the opposite: the body is stressed, exhausted, its owner makes lousy health decisions... All of which will affect red blood cells, white blood cells and other (familiar, but different) organisms that find themselves facing an almost lost fight in advance to keep the body going and moving forward...
Jun 5, 2022 1:08 AM

Jan 2010
A thing I like about Code Black is how these ailments and health issues are fairly commonplace, and therefore harrowing to see enacted. Had these episodes featured rare or exotic diseases, they'd still be frightening, but it's hard to empathize and connect with since they'd be so obscure. With something like kidney stones, it's absolutely possible to hear about, have someone in our lives affected, or directly afflicted in one's life. It's a good way to try and keep viewers informed and proactive in maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
Feb 4, 2023 5:54 AM

Apr 2013
So no overeating for me anymore either? Damn, I really do a lot of stuff that hurts my body, eh?
Mar 16, 2023 8:47 AM

Dec 2022
This guy's health is fucked. Drugs and steroids to treat every issue. I wonder if this series will have an ending where he ends up eventually dying, with all the cells along with him.

Shaded Horizon

May 20, 2023 6:10 PM

Jul 2016
Love how they showed Macrophages moving slower by having them walk at a maidenly pace.

I know this body is already in rough shape as it is but I'm lowkey hoping those two senior blood cells get a satisfying death or something (the beareded one adn the other guy, not the MC rookies)
May 23, 2023 1:56 AM

Aug 2019
At the very least, he can afford adequate healthcare.

I feel bad for the Platelets, they’re always sad.

Rip grandma

And he’s drinking again, dude could care less about his health.
Jul 8, 2023 8:33 AM

Jan 2021
Kidney stones... exactly a week ago I just visited my friend who had kidney stones. I'll show him this episode and tell him to watch this.

Haaaa... what's that at the end? Is it alcohol? If it's really alcohol then the owner of this body is really expecting death to come to him. He had just almost lost one of his kidneys...

Next week's episode will probably be a lot of fun. Let's talk about caffeine!

Apr 19, 9:55 PM
Des31

Oct 2020
The most things I concerned when watching this anime is what the hell is happening with this dude body, how sick is he
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hataraku Saibou Black (TV) Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

removed-user - Mar 18, 2021

159 by Destroyer31 »»
Apr 20, 6:52 AM

Poll: » Do you love your body?

Shizuna - Apr 8

7 by johnythepvpgod »»
Apr 12, 5:41 AM

Poll: » Hataraku Saibou Black (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

removed-user - Feb 25, 2021

110 by Penguinu »»
Jan 12, 1:06 AM

Poll: » Hataraku Saibou Black (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Mar 4, 2021

68 by Distrekzy »»
Sep 27, 2023 7:08 PM

Poll: » Hataraku Saibou Black (TV) Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Feb 4, 2021

62 by hanakocheeks »»
Jul 10, 2023 3:17 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.