Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (20) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jan 24, 2021 7:48 AM
Jan 2021
FUCKING GODLY ANIMATION. Now imagine if they had time. Which means that for this episode the whole teams was on an insane crunch. INSANE and the music was the one i was hoping for LMAO, BINGO
Jan 24, 2021 7:52 AM

Aug 2019
This was a superb episode. Right up there with Episode 5.

Levi looked great. Armin looked pretty damn good. Jean's model looked so much better this episode.

I don't think they missed much off the manga, if anything at all.

Gabi and Falco's VAs are killing it.

The OST was on point this episode as well.

I actually felt a little bad for the Marleyans here, I don't remember feeling that way in the manga at all. They got absolutely demolished. Testament to the direction.
Jun 2015
Lol Zeke is so trash at using his titan form. Just fuckin roar at Levi and turn his ass into a titan then rip the nape ez....I think. Are they immune or something? Anyways Godlike episode. Best one of the season. 11/10.

Apr 2013
Using dynamic camera movements does make the 3DCG more bearable. I thought the Beast titan looked fine overall as did other titans. The only one who’s model looked off at times was the Attack titan. Soundtrack was fine but nothing special. Fights were enjoyable even tho it was a one-sided slaughter and we finally got to see the Nutcracker titan

The character designs and overall hand drawn art and animation was the best so far apart from episode 1 I thought. Levi and Mikasa looked good as did Armin and others. Some screenshots:

One thing I thought could’ve been improved was Armin’s transformation into the Colossal titan, I thought it could’ve been made a bit more epic visual-wise but that’s me nitpicking.. example
Jan 24, 2021 7:53 AM
Jan 2016
better than last ep. that's all
Jan 24, 2021 7:53 AM

Jan 2015
SO SO SO EPIC

They blew my expectations out of the water.

2D Colossal and Armored. Hopefully elitists won't be complaining.
Jan 24, 2021 7:55 AM
Nov 2020
xenosys said:
This was a superb episode. Right up there with Episode 5.

Levi looked great. Armin looked pretty damn good. Jean's model looked so much better this episode.

I don't think they missed much off the manga, if anything at all.

Gabi and Falco's VAs are killing it.

The OST was on point this episode as well.

I actually felt a little bad for the Marleyans here, I don't remember feeling that way in the manga at all. They got absolutely demolished. Testament to the direction.

same i actually really felt sorry for the marleyans.
Jan 24, 2021 7:56 AM
Jan 2021
Climax of Marley arc and episode what worried me the most. And Mappa did it perfectly, 10/10, it's on same level with Hero for me.
Jan 24, 2021 7:56 AM
Jun 2020
NextUniverse said:
This episode is a literal diamond my dudes. The feels here are unreal, good lord. Gabi's VA and Falco's VA are on a next level, all that screaming.

Also with Jean questioning to kill both Pieck and Falco, but my guy just goes and shoots lmao. The calamity of war is an interesting watch indeed, watching people's action during such a time.

Also, did MAL go down because of this?

It went down two times in a row.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jan 24, 2021 7:57 AM

Sep 2014
Lmaoo. I loved how Eren was like "shut the f up" when he put the crystal in Porco's mouth
Nov 2020
I love the 2d collossal titan
Aug 2016
This was SOOOOOOO GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD bruh. There were a hell lot of 2D moments inserted, and the blend between 2D and 3D was better as well compared to the previous episode. All the major moments were covered as well: Armin's entry, Pieck's slaughter, and Reiner's transformation. Hell, they made even Reiner as 2D. Damn that looked so dope. 10/10 episode once again fam! Now, next episode:

Jan 24, 2021 7:58 AM
Mar 2020
HEICHOUUUUU LEVIIIIIII. I’m a manga reader and that honestly got me so hyped seeing the beast fall to the floor 🔥

AND ALSO ARMIN WTF HE LOOKS SO GOOOODDDD!

Cgi was really well done, nothing that seemed subpar by any means, loved the entire ep.

Poor Galliard got clapped 💀💀
10/10 episode, best of the season
Jan 24, 2021 7:59 AM
Apr 2018
Oh well ODM scenes this season are fucked. CGI ODM is just ugly and has no fluidity. The slash animation feels so fucking cheap.

Armin looked amazing and the long distance shots of the Collosal as well. Wasn't a fan of the Collosal's body in the near up shots though. (looked something that came from S1 and looked too glossy there. Armin was really fucking skinny in the manga if I'm not wrong )
Face looked fine as usual.

Loved the explosion OST but the overall OST usage has been just 'okay'

The attack titan is just depressingly bad. The nutcracker scene was unfortunately disappointing. Still not a fan of the metallic SFX for Reiner's titan but I guess it's fine.

Can't believe how they've managed to make our horse so much worse and Eren just meh.

The persistent issues of the shitty filters remain but I guess it's a slight improvement

If this is the standard this season maintains holy fuck 116-119 will be a huge letdown
Jan 24, 2021 7:59 AM

Jan 2009
this week episode got a lot of ADs but the episode did not melt surprisingly like the common thing on other anime with a lot of ADs in an episode

nice work those 4(?) Vinland Saga staff did wonders as ADs on this weeks episode

but ye as expected no super animators or sakuga worthy moments again due to the tight schedule
Jan 24, 2021 8:00 AM

Mar 2014
Amazing episode! Definitely one of my faves so far. The CGI was consistent. Armin looked so pretty. The scene I was awaiting excitedly, i.e. Porco being used as a nutcracker was insane! I felt so bad for him, Reiner and Gabi. And the OST slapped on top of it all. Great work from mappa 10/5
Jan 24, 2021 8:01 AM
Jul 2016
sammymahesh said:
NextUniverse said:
This episode is a literal diamond my dudes. The feels here are unreal, good lord. Gabi's VA and Falco's VA are on a next level, all that screaming.

Also with Jean questioning to kill both Pieck and Falco, but my guy just goes and shoots lmao. The calamity of war is an interesting watch indeed, watching people's action during such a time.

Also, did MAL go down because of this?

It went down two times in a row.

LOL no wonder my MAL could not load properly for few minutes
Jan 24, 2021 8:01 AM
May 2019
11/10 Mappa outdidthemself, seriously if some people still bitching about this eps im gonna really mad
Jan 24, 2021 8:02 AM

Jan 2021
#ThankyouMappa! They really did their best in this episode!

11/10.
Jan 24, 2021 8:05 AM

Sep 2018
Man, i'm just happy to be alive in this moment, amazing episode

5/5
I keep moving forward
Jan 24, 2021 8:06 AM
Jul 2020
This is the best episode this season so far. CGI is awesome, some shot kinda off but its allright. Camera movement hell yeah. When eren plug off jaw titan hands kinda satisfiying, just like Thanksgiving. The Isabel crystal looks lit.

The backsound and the ost is rlly different from prev eps, thats really show the different of perspective and thats great. Armin atomic bomb is really silent, just tragic everywhere. easy 10/10

Gabi and Falco's VA is insane, but for Porco VA is kinda missed for me, but thats no problem

Jan 24, 2021 8:06 AM
May 2020
shane_nichols said:
Lol Zeke is so trash at using his titan form. Just fuckin roar at Levi and turn his ass into a titan then rip the nape ez....I think. Are they immune or something? Anyways Godlike episode. Best one of the season. 11/10.

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
anime-primeJan 24, 2021 4:07 PM
Jan 24, 2021 8:07 AM

Sep 2017
wow this episode totally exceed my expectation, im glad it was far better than last ep

im used to the CGI already and the OST was on point.

props to Ayaneru and Hanae Natsuki for that voice acting

i freakin love the atmosphere when Eren about to eat the Warhammer aka the Nutcracker scene, that was intense.

also i love the way they directing Reiner's monologue at the last moment. '

i agree this is by far the best episode along with episode 5
Jan 24, 2021 8:07 AM
Aug 2019
5/5. My god, this episode got me pumped up! Really got no complaints art and animation wise, not one (CG) shot looked bad to me. Odm gear scenes were a joy to watch too, especially Jean his sliding scene, it gave me goosebumps lol. Fantastic episode, really stoked for the next one!
Jan 24, 2021 8:08 AM

May 2020
MAPPA is such a great studio with great staff . The fact they could deliver this in insanely tight schedules in just amazing . It would be really nice if they could keep up the quality in the upcoming episodes .

Something that’s supposed to die and doesn’t… will eventually rot away , whether it’s a man or a nation
Jan 24, 2021 8:09 AM
Mar 2020
What a masterpiece. 10/10 ep can’t even tell you how good it was and eren is a mfing 🐐
Jan 24, 2021 8:12 AM
Aug 2020
My God. What a great fucking episode. How the heck they managed to maintain tension throughout the action scenes is beyond me. Props to both Hayashi and Sishido. I am still getting goosebumps from that nutcracker moment lol. Also holy shit,they went above and beyond with Armin transformation. And the soundtrack!

Again, brilliant episode.Even the art was phenomenal throughout all the actions.The cg of jaws and AT was brilliant. Besides, Eren big braining that WT.And Reiner seems to finally gain the resolve to not die. Bruh I am literally fanboying rn lol.
Jan 24, 2021 8:14 AM

Jul 2019
Images my dudes, if anyone wants to see bad cropping skill:

Jan 24, 2021 8:16 AM
Aug 2016
NextUniverse said:
Images my dudes, if anyone wants to see bad cropping skill:

My man Onyankopon is here! Letz goooo! <3
Jan 24, 2021 8:16 AM
Jun 2015
Spiegel2000 said:
shane_nichols said:
that's not how it works..zeke can turn only eldians into titans who's already got injected with pure titan serum
Alright thanks for clearing that up. Makes much more since now.
Jan 24, 2021 8:18 AM
Aug 2016
MappaPrefersJJK said:
Best action episode so far, the only bad cgi was when Eren was holding the crystal with Galliard. The only thing that makes me cringe is Galliard's plot armor at the end but that's a problem with the source material and not the staff. 4/5

I really hope you're not talking about Galliard breaking the shell of the woman titan cause if that's the case then..... Pretty much every anime has plot armor
Jan 24, 2021 8:19 AM

Oct 2013
I have watched the last minute scene with Reiner at the end so many times now, so hype!
Jan 24, 2021 8:19 AM

Sep 2016
keragamming said:
I have watched the last minute scene with Reiner at the end so many times now, so hype!

Please share if you're allowed to.
Jan 24, 2021 8:20 AM

Jan 2018
nakkki said:
MappaPrefersJJK said:
Best action episode so far, the only bad cgi was when Eren was holding the crystal with Galliard. The only thing that makes me cringe is Galliard's plot armor at the end but that's a problem with the source material and not the staff. 4/5

I really hope you're not talking about Galliard breaking the shell of the woman titan cause if that's the case then..... Pretty much every anime has plot armor

Not that, when Gabi and Falco were screaming for Reiner, Eren had all the time to eat Galliard
BARK BARK BARK ARRRGGFFF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK HSSSSSSSSS SNIFF SNIFF GRRRRR RUFF RUFF WOOF WOOF WOOF SNARL BITE BITE BARK CHOMP SNIFF SNIFF GRRRRRRRRRR RUFF WOOF BARK BARK BARK BARK ARGGGHHFFFF BITE BITE BITE WOOF HSSSSSSS GRRRROWWWL HOWLLL WOOF WOOF BARK BARK BARK ARGGGGRRRFFF BITE WOOF WOOFBARK BARK HSSSS CHOMP GRRRRR
Jan 24, 2021 8:20 AM
Nov 2020
One thing we can all agree on Hayashi and Jun is a god-tier combo, I hope they work on more eps for WFP arc
Jan 24, 2021 8:21 AM
Dec 2020
MappaPrefersJJK said:
nakkki said:

Not that, when Gabi and Falco were screaming for Reiner, Eren had all the time to eat Galliard
Yeah toying with galliard was kinda stupid, but Ok
Jan 24, 2021 8:21 AM

Apr 2013
nakkki said:
MappaPrefersJJK said:

No he’s talking about Eren refusal to swiftly eat Porco and acquire another titan. That was something that did annoy me in the manga as well when I read it. It is plot armor but for a good reason in the grand scheme of things..
Jan 24, 2021 8:22 AM
Aug 2016
MappaPrefersJJK said:
nakkki said:

True true. Probably just didn't want to (we both know why)
Jan 24, 2021 8:22 AM
Dec 2020
keragamming said:
Like that is some god tier detailing right there!! Hope they do more of that, but I doubt it
Jan 24, 2021 8:23 AM
Aug 2016
MappaPrefersJJK said:
nakkki said:

I think Eren was trying to be intimidating by beating the shit out of an already beat up warrior who just lost the will to fight because of what Eren did. And this makes sense to me because Eren is actually impersonating the devil which Willy Tybur was talking about.

If not, then yeah, it's plot armor as you say
Jan 24, 2021 8:24 AM

Oct 2013
MappaPrefersJJK said:
nakkki said:

Eh, It would have been 10 times worse if it was Eren in that situation as we all know he is the main character, plot armor for the villain(I don't consider them as villain but you get what I mean) is much better than having it for the main character.

Plus it was a one sided match as well.
Jan 24, 2021 8:25 AM
Mar 2019
This was a bit of a mixed bag for me. The Colossal and Beast Titan moments definitely exceeded my expectations, while the whole Attack Titan vs. Jaw Titan fight and the nutcracker scene was, well.... not much to say, really underwhelming.... We've been through these rounds, I'm very well aware that MAPPA is getting the best out of the miserably short time they were given, but yeah, I can't help but wonder how quite a lot of scenes could have looked if the production committee didn't try their hardest to kill and dishonor the series for quick money.

At the end of the day, it's coming from the mouth of a manga reader, who knows and loves the story, and all he wants is to see this masterpiece animated. The overwhelming majority of AoT fans are anime only, and the plot fully makes up for every flaw the production itself has and manga readers criticise (some of them reasonably, and some of them like the 5 years old kid screaming in the supermarket whose mom didn't buy him the toy he wanted).
Jan 24, 2021 8:26 AM

Nov 2016
Eren made the Jaw Titan his bitch and regardless of how much Pieck got fucked up, she's still cute :3

Crazy good episode. Visually and acoustically it managed to convey the terror and I honestly felt helpless just by watching the victims, Falco and Gaby. This was like the very first episode on steroids. The intensity also never seemed to dip. Just wow and I'm hyped for handsome Squidward.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 24, 2021 8:27 AM

Jan 2018
keragamming said:
MappaPrefersJJK said:

Eh, It would have been 10 times worse if it was Eren in that situation as we all know he is the main character, plot armor for the villain(I don't consider them as villain but you get what I mean) is much better than having it for the main character.

Plus it was a one sided match as well.

That's true but it could have been done in a better way I think, Galliard didn't have his arms/legs and Eren was toying with him in the middle of the battlefield, it wasn't subtle.
BARK BARK BARK ARRRGGFFF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK HSSSSSSSSS SNIFF SNIFF GRRRRR RUFF RUFF WOOF WOOF WOOF SNARL BITE BITE BARK CHOMP SNIFF SNIFF GRRRRRRRRRR RUFF WOOF BARK BARK BARK BARK ARGGGHHFFFF BITE BITE BITE WOOF HSSSSSSS GRRRROWWWL HOWLLL WOOF WOOF BARK BARK BARK ARGGGGRRRFFF BITE WOOF WOOFBARK BARK HSSSS CHOMP GRRRRR
Jan 24, 2021 8:27 AM

May 2017
I think it's safe to say this the best episode of this season so far.

Armin's transformation scene was just 10/10 it's 100 times better than I expected. And the colossal titan was 2D! Honestly they did my boy Armin justice, he looked so good, I was kinda worried he might look weird like Floch last episode lol. Hange and Onyankopon looked great too. AHHHH I'M JUST SO HAPPY THEY'RE ALL FINALLY HERE!

Also the nutcracker scene finally happened lmao, I feel so bad for Porco now he looked so traumatized, I never cared about him in the manga but the anime is making me like him alot more. And that gulping sound when Eren ate the Warhammer ugh that was gross and terrifying.

Just absolutely amazing episode!! MAPPA GOAT.
Jan 24, 2021 8:30 AM
Apr 2020
Armin glow up! Armin is so cool rn! Sexy Colossal Titan God of destruction! lol

Hange is also here!

OMG! Mikasa amputated the Jaw Titan then Eren used him as a crystal cracker!

Levi once again knocked down the Beast Titan.

Team Sasha and Jean on the other hand almost killed Pieck.

Devils of Paradis beat the crap out of Titan Shifter Eldians in Marleys this episode!

Jan 24, 2021 8:34 AM
May 2020
Jesus, Eren was brutal
Jan 24, 2021 8:36 AM
May 2019
Okay but can we talk about Onyankapon ?
He is a new character a black character.
I don't want to spoil anything but he is more than just a side character, the manga did him good so i hope mappa can make it great too
Jan 24, 2021 8:40 AM
Jul 2018
Voice acting: 4/5

2D animation: 3/5 (Color profiles are iffy)

CGI: 1.5/5 (Bad as usual with the exception of a couple of scenes)

Plot progression: 4/5

OST: 2.5/5 (Not great, not horrible either)

Overall: 3/5
Jan 24, 2021 8:41 AM
Feb 2018
Roxas2019 said:
Okay but can we talk about Onyankapon ?
He is a new character a black character.
I don't want to spoil anything but he is more than just a side character, the manga did him good so i hope mappa can make it great too

Wish he didnt die early
Pages (20) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » If Eren was in avatar...

TASM18 - Apr 17

18 by belugaanime »»
Apr 19, 2:12 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 7, 2021

513 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Apr 13, 8:01 AM

» Isayama: The Perfect Architect ( 1 2 )

Mikasa - Mar 29, 2021

65 by benisfroms »»
Apr 10, 8:21 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jan 10, 2021

986 by Jasmin061011 »»
Apr 2, 8:12 AM

» Falco and Gabi…

Arddaa52 - Jul 25, 2021

20 by Adrena »»
Mar 27, 6:50 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.