Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 22, 2021 5:07 PM

Sep 2018
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Great preparation episode for next huge battle. Popp just had a BIG power development
Jan 22, 2021 6:29 PM

Feb 2019
Lol popp definitely needed that tough loving because Avann babied the hell out of him. I enjoyed this little training and set up episode. Looking forward to seeing Dai and co beat Flazzard’s ass and rescue Leona.
Jan 22, 2021 6:42 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Nice train for Popp xD and now I guess they're ready for the next action/fight episode, it's gonna be great
Jan 22, 2021 6:43 PM

Apr 2014
This episode was really good. Looking forward to the next episode.
Jan 22, 2021 6:45 PM
Oct 2016
Heroes getting some much needed training after being manhandled by Flazzard. Popp especially having his own individual training with Matoriv. His development throughout the whole series thus far has been the most needed. We saw before with the Crocodine fight that Popp has courage now we see him realizing his skills aren't matching up to his heart. By the end of the episode thankfully he's learned that new zoom spell which will hopefully help everyone out in this next fight. Dai training with the blindfold to help learn anticipation of his opponents attacks. That will come in handy with one as strong as Flazzard even if his field is taken down. They've split to destroy these two spires but it doesn't look like things will go so smoothly.
Jan 22, 2021 7:02 PM

Jun 2015
Popp power up get!
They softened up Matoriv's perversion, that's good. No breast or butt grabbing this time
Jan 22, 2021 8:16 PM

Oct 2017
This is the perfect training method for Popp. I like this old guy, he knows exactly how to level up Popp lol.

Time to save Leona, Dai go and save her.
Jan 22, 2021 8:19 PM

Dec 2020
that old man reminds me of master roshi lol
Jan 22, 2021 11:00 PM

Sep 2020
Next ep gonna be good lol can't wait to see who the savior will be

If you're having crippling depression, hopefully our videos will send you to another world and have you reborn as an isekai protagonist
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc8rSgYdcdZUSXXqVJhNwLw
Jan 23, 2021 12:05 AM

May 2012
Switch_Z said:
Popp power up get!
They softened up Matoriv's perversion, that's good. No breast or butt grabbing this time

Nah. I wish if they kept Matoriv super perversion like the old anime. It is fun to watch

But this new anime airs morning so it is not surprise that they won't show preverted stuff to children

thepathJan 24, 2021 12:00 AM
Jan 23, 2021 4:23 AM

Jan 2009
i guess the savior that will come next episode is Avan he is still alive judging from the OP
Jan 23, 2021 5:10 AM
May 2020
credit to dai, i thought he would be angry at maam for what shoe did to him.
Popp got stronger as well, that's good to see ahlie
Jan 23, 2021 6:49 AM
Sep 2015
I prefer them not to delete boob-grabbing scene, I see this movement in many anime adaptation where it removes sexual harrassment interaction, but that'd alter the original source.

Anyway, can't wait for Hyunckel!!!
Jan 23, 2021 8:37 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
So plan is to destroy the flame and ice spires with bombs in order to take down the Blizzblaze Curse Field. Meanwhile, Matoriv decides to train Popp by teaching him the Zoom spell while Dai and Maam do combat training. Unfortunately, time is running out for Leona as her life force is being drained by being imprisoned in ice and she dies the next day at sundown. The Heroes decided to carryout their plan at night and Dai's party would be the ones to destroy the spires. They manage to reach the island safely despite the boat crashing, but the Dark Army is planning an ambush on Dai's party.
Jan 23, 2021 8:56 AM

Feb 2012
phantomfandom said:
I prefer them not to delete boob-grabbing scene, I see this movement in many anime adaptation where it removes sexual harrassment interaction, but that'd alter the original source.!

People have to understand Animes are "adaptations" most of the time and thus have to "adapt" the original source to convey "2021/present messages" altering in the less harming way.
The world is evolving and the end of 80s/90s isn't 2020. Animes have the power to alter the original source without erasing the source itself. The manga is still available and the 91 anime as well (It's not like George Lucas trying to cancel his own movies replacing guns with Walkie-Talkie or anything).

Nowadays such behavior is sexual harassment, and it's a good thing to avoid showing it to kids, even if it's done in a comic way in the manga. Better safe than sorry.

I feel like people are taking it way too seriously. As if removing such a scene was an attack on the author's mind or something. But people have to chill. No one is disrespecting anyone. It's just to avoid the problems, and it won't affect the story anyway. People still got that Matoriv is a pervert (maybe not to the same degree though).
Jan 23, 2021 11:52 AM

Nov 2012
Guessing there's more than just a passing resemblance between Dai and Baran.
Jan 23, 2021 12:57 PM

May 2018
Great training episode! Everyone has now powered up and they are ready to destroy the pillars! Except for the dark army waiting for them haha
Jan 23, 2021 2:32 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Matoriv unexpectedly such a surprising character, his reason was solid there. He was a grand sorcerer, and a former king adviser. Such a shame he was quirky af. Gladly, Dai succeeded to persuade him, in the name of Avan mementos. Well, at the end, as long as Matoriv helped the gang much, its enough to make him into a decent character. Lol at his tough love training session. Its really helped Popp progressed that nice teleport spell, tho. That's good.

Anyway, that plan actually very obvious, destroying that pillars. However, they didn't know such an ambush already awaits them at those island. A little arguments happened between Baran and Hadlar, make me curious to see their past relations. Still, at this state, its just a foreshadow for the next arc. So i must wait it a while until its getting reveal by itself. The next episode seems pretty hype, tho. Whose incoming? Lets see next!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jan 23, 2021 3:28 PM

Sep 2007
No sex-harra from Matoriv and scenes with the fake heroes which aren't a big loose for a change. But Pop's training is also shorten and they skip the scene when he wants to face Matoriv because he disrespects Avan. These little passages always add something to the development of the characters, however.

Most important, in the next episodes things will get really serious. What happened so far was just the warm-up ^^.
Jan 23, 2021 3:49 PM

Feb 2017
Popp really needs this sort of training. Hopefully effects will be visible and lasting.
Jan 23, 2021 4:28 PM

Mar 2010
I wouldn't mind seeing a longer training montage but it was enough to get me interested in popps progression.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jan 24, 2021 3:31 AM

May 2015
OmniKaiser said:
phantomfandom said:
I prefer them not to delete boob-grabbing scene, I see this movement in many anime adaptation where it removes sexual harrassment interaction, but that'd alter the original source.!

People have to understand Animes are "adaptations" most of the time and thus have to "adapt" the original source to convey "2021/present messages" altering in the less harming way.
The world is evolving and the end of 80s/90s isn't 2020. Animes have the power to alter the original source without erasing the source itself. The manga is still available and the 91 anime as well (It's not like George Lucas trying to cancel his own movies replacing guns with Walkie-Talkie or anything).

Nowadays such behavior is sexual harassment, and it's a good thing to avoid showing it to kids, even if it's done in a comic way in the manga. Better safe than sorry.

I feel like people are taking it way too seriously. As if removing such a scene was an attack on the author's mind or something. But people have to chill. No one is disrespecting anyone. It's just to avoid the problems, and it won't affect the story anyway. People still got that Matoriv is a pervert (maybe not to the same degree though).

This, this, and this. It kinda bother me that people don't understand that. From what I got, even Japan has changed a lot about groping and sexual harrassment over the past years. I don't think it's great loss, you lose a few visual gags, but it changes nothing to the character. Heck they even kept the fact it's a pervert, which is still a lot better than Mutenroshi going over his perversion in dbs.
I may have problems with that kind of thing with something like City Hunter, where it is a recurring gag and a main features of the main character, but I'm not even sure. If they achieved to suggest it well enough, maybe I could roll with it.
Jan 25, 2021 7:55 AM
Dec 2015
Meh, I'm disappointed that they removed the groping scenes. It's part of the style of the series, not mere anime fanservice, so they shouldn't have done that

This series should have broadcasted to another hour. As if japanese children aren't already bombed with such things elsewhere
Jan 26, 2021 4:05 PM
Jul 2018
I hope the popp will be strong equal to Dai.
Jan 27, 2021 8:46 AM

Nov 2020
Good episode, next one will be great!
Apr 14, 2021 7:58 AM
Oct 2019
Something is sus here.
Hadora didn't want Baran to meet Dai...

Poppu Training, leveling up...

I can feel it, next Episode gonna be action packed Episode.

More topics from this board

» NEW ANIME PROJECT CONFIRMED

SOSYBOI - Mar 11, 2023

12 by Illyricus »»
Apr 8, 6:53 AM

Poll: » Choose the best arc(s) in Dai no Daibouken!

DragonKnight92 - Oct 21, 2022

10 by Illyricus »»
Apr 8, 6:49 AM

Poll: » Dragon Quest: Dai no Daibouken (2020) Episode 32 Discussion

Stark700 - May 14, 2021

35 by Teirayo »»
Mar 30, 6:49 AM

Poll: » Dragon Quest: Dai no Daibouken (2020) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2020

132 by MonkeyDKyle »»
Mar 27, 1:04 PM

Poll: » Dragon Quest: Dai no Daibouken (2020) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2020

50 by Teirayo »»
Mar 27, 7:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.