55.7%
Bad
16.5%
Shit
12.0%
393 votes
Jan 18, 2021 12:50 AM
Jan 2020
Like people need to get their eyes check because the animation & cgi are both phenomenal this season & it’s looking to be my favorite season yet tbh.

Eren is badass

& holy fuck I was hyped the whole episode, can’t wait for the next one ( :

Who else agrees?
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 18, 2021 1:02 AM
Feb 2018
The only one CGI that genuinely i disliked is Beast Titan. He's my favorite because its the only Titan i'm afraid of.

Now it's the opposite, eventhough i still liked it, my thoughts towards Beast Titan is nothing but Ape doing fortnite dance.
Jan 18, 2021 1:04 AM
May 2020
its bad, im not going to make a whole list explaing shit since i've already make one and doing it again is exhausting, use your eyes and see how bad it is, not just animation use your ears aswell listen to the sound effect and if you still say it's good then its your preference. i'll probably get attack by the fans but who fuckin cares anyway you all keep bringing the same shit that it's not even an argument

"be grateful, go animate it yourself, if you dont like it just read the manga"

stfu that's not an argument if you want to argue tell me which scenes that actually looked good in this episode and i will tell you which scenes that looked bad and we'll talk

Jan 18, 2021 1:05 AM

Dec 2014
I like the scene where Gabi wearing underwear
Signature removed. Check your inbox
Jan 18, 2021 1:13 AM
Jan 2020
Lowlex said:
its bad, im not going to make a whole list explaing shit since i've already make one and doing it again is exhausting, use your eyes and see how bad it is, not just animation use your ears aswell listen to the sound effect and if you still say it's good then its your preference. i'll probably get attack by the fans but who fuckin cares anyway you all keep bringing the same shit that it's not even an argument

stfu that's not an argument if you want to argue tell me which scenes that actually looked good in this episode and i will tell you which scenes that looked bad and we'll talk

To be fair, your arguments tend to be nothing either lol

The scenes you think are bad could look good to someone else so who fucking cares anyways.
Jan 18, 2021 1:18 AM
May 2020
SaberHotMikasa said:
Lowlex said:

The scenes you think are bad could look good to someone else so who fucking cares anyways.

that's why i said we'll talk if you have a solid arguments all of those defenders just straight up attacking people online. why the hell do you replied anyway
Jan 18, 2021 1:24 AM

Nov 2020
Eren_Hitler said:
The only one CGI that genuinely i disliked is Beast Titan. He's my favorite because its the only Titan i'm afraid of.

Now it's the opposite, eventhough i still liked it, my thoughts towards Beast Titan is nothing but Ape doing fortnite dance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmRnuDwDtJg&feature=youtu.be
Yo i see what you mean there

Jan 18, 2021 2:27 AM
May 2020
Lowlex said:
SaberHotMikasa said:

that's why i said we'll talk if you have a solid arguments all of those defenders just straight up attacking people online. why the hell do you replied anyway
My guy you didn't put up a proper argument in the first place
Jan 18, 2021 2:29 AM
Oct 2019
It's not perfect....but it ain't a Berserk 2016 so its ok in my books
Jan 18, 2021 2:34 AM

Sep 2020
CGi titans? always has been,it's a masterpiece

BUT HOLY KEK HOW DARE THEY MAKE IT TO JEAN
Jan 18, 2021 2:35 AM
May 2020
HandsomeUwU said:
Lowlex said:

the fight scenes, ost and even the sound effects are just bad

first fight scenes are the most important one did they managed to deliver it? no the CG was stiff eren titan look horrible same with the warhammer but i do admit that the warhammer looks fuckin amazing in some scenes but at the same time could look like a pile of trash, the survey corps is a fuckin CG i dont mind if it was the ODM gear that is CG but full body CG? nah get that shit out of here. but the dynamic angles is fuckin amazing just like season 2 when survey corps we're fighting colosal

ost was a hit or miss, they definetly nailed the ost for episode 1 but the last few episodes 2,3,4,5 and 6 is a miss and i know the sound director is the same for this season but that doesn't mean he can do no wrong and here he definetly fucked it up i dont know wtf happend to him but he just dropped so low this season

sound effects are fine for 1,2,3,4 and 5 but episode 6 is just pure shit, when warhammer hit eren with his hammer it sounds soo bad, that scene supposed to be hype but with the shit sound effects it just not hype at all

let's get back to the fight scenes. when eren jump to the crowd killing everyone they zoom out from him and just look how bad eren's titan hitting the fuckin ground, also when he was charging towards the crowd ready to jump it was bad but no one cares since it was like 2 sec

this episode was a huge failure for me and i dont give a fuck what others opinions are if you can respect mine i'll respect yours, if you like E6 good for you

here
Jan 18, 2021 2:37 AM
Oct 2018
People don't care whether cgi is amazing or even masterpiece. As long as it's cgi, they will shit on it. Because, of that many well animated scenes like levi entrance and mikasa thunder spearing warhammer were totally ingnored by the haters. At least, that's what I have been seeing for the past few hours. Still, a LOT of people (mostly anime only) absolutely enjoyed the episode.
Jan 18, 2021 2:41 AM
Dec 2020
The only cgi that I don’t like is the cg on the scouts. Didn’t want to see jean and Connie in cgi and some moments of the beast titan.
Mikasa vs warhammer was nice and had good Camera angles but if I watch the scene when Jean and the other scouts attacked Magath and the soldiers from behind it was also cgi. I hoped that at least the odm scenes would be more hand drawn (the cgi is still good tho)
Attack on Titan ended with chapter 123 and 130/131 is the epilogue
Jan 18, 2021 2:42 AM
Dec 2020
Nik03178 said:
People don't care whether cgi is amazing or even masterpiece. As long as it's cgi, they will shit on it. Because, of that many well animated scenes like levi entrance and mikasa thunder spearing warhammer were totally ingnored by the haters. At least, that's what I have been seeing for the past few hours. Still, a LOT of people (mostly anime only) absolutely enjoyed the episode.
thanks, The haters totally overlook the mikasa vs warhammer Titan fight that was top notch and Levi’s entrance that was also done justice I mean yeah we won’t see imai Level with Levi vs kenny squad but if we can get this animation constantly, it’s as Good as Season 3 p2 at least
Jan 18, 2021 3:13 AM
Jun 2020
Eren_Hitler said:

i laugh more than i should on this
Jan 18, 2021 3:44 AM

Feb 2019
It isn't near as bad as some people say it is, although not amazing neither, it just sounds like they're spoiled children. The 3DCG isn't even close to being the biggest problem this season, it's actually pretty low on my list.
Jan 18, 2021 3:45 AM
Nov 2018
You people are in denial. Most of the time CG simply doesn't work when it comes to emulating 2d character animation, it's aesthetically ugly and the motion is choppy. I was ready to accept the cg titans but using it for 3dm survey corps was the final straw. This whole production is a mess, I am genuinely sorry for MAPPA animators, they're not to blame for this mess. This anime should have been delayed until 2021/2022.
Jan 18, 2021 3:48 AM

Jan 2009
personally i want this season to be Full 3DCG instead of this constant switching between 2D and 3D even on battle scenes
Jan 18, 2021 3:48 AM

Dec 2017
The 3D animation is stilted and not fluid. 3D has shown over and over that it isn't suited for the purpose and style of anime. So it is extremely noticeable in AOT, but again, this isn't MAPPA's fault. The 2D keyframes were incredibly beautiful (like the close up of the War Hammer's face).

It is totally possible to acknowledge that something is flawed and still enjoy it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 18, 2021 4:03 AM
Jul 2020
it's good for what it is. Not the best though.

I still prefer 2D, but mad respect to MAPPA for doing their thing in such a short timeframe.

excited for the next ep! can't wait^^
Jan 20, 2021 9:51 PM

Apr 2020
Isnt amazing
Isnt bad
Dont get why the cry babies are crying
Jan 20, 2021 10:07 PM

Oct 2019
It could improve.
But it’s not horrendous. Some ppl rlly be comparing it to Berserk 2016.
One thing tho, is that it was very inconsistent in ep 6. Ep 1 IMO was very good in terms of cgi.
╭⋟──────────────────────╮
"All problems come from the
human mind. In the mind, one's
consciousness is just the tip of
the iceberg. What lies beneath
the surface... the subconscious...
is far more vast."

- Shun Aonuma

╰──────────────────────⋞╯

Jan 20, 2021 10:19 PM
Dec 2020
I feel like Im the only ome who isnt bothered by cg on scouts... didnt notice it first wat h ngl
Jan 20, 2021 11:22 PM
Dec 2020
they shouldve at least hand drawn the attack titan and beast titan, 3d dont suit them. And scouts in 3d are also jarring. The other titans in cgi are good
Jan 20, 2021 11:53 PM

Jan 2018
If season 1 looked like that nobody would give a shit about attack on titan nowadays.

Go back and rewatch season 1.
Rewatch how amazing that looked

And then reconsider the shit take that is this forum thread

The CGI in the first episodes of the new season was okay.
The ones in the latest was plain bad.
And neither of them was anywhere close looking actively "good"

The best the CGI in this series gets is "not complete dogshit, I guess ."

Attack on titan deserved better
Jan 20, 2021 11:54 PM
Jul 2019
Lowlex said:
HandsomeUwU said:

first fight scenes are the most important one did they managed to deliver it? no the CG was stiff eren titan look horrible same with the warhammer but i do admit that the warhammer looks fuckin amazing in some scenes but at the same time could look like a pile of trash, the survey corps is a fuckin CG i dont mind if it was the ODM gear that is CG but full body CG? nah get that shit out of here. but the dynamic angles is fuckin amazing just like season 2 when survey corps we're fighting colosal

ost was a hit or miss, they definetly nailed the ost for episode 1 but the last few episodes 2,3,4,5 and 6 is a miss and i know the sound director is the same for this season but that doesn't mean he can do no wrong and here he definetly fucked it up i dont know wtf happend to him but he just dropped so low this season

sound effects are fine for 1,2,3,4 and 5 but episode 6 is just pure shit, when warhammer hit eren with his hammer it sounds soo bad, that scene supposed to be hype but with the shit sound effects it just not hype at all

let's get back to the fight scenes. when eren jump to the crowd killing everyone they zoom out from him and just look how bad eren's titan hitting the fuckin ground, also when he was charging towards the crowd ready to jump it was bad but no one cares since it was like 2 sec

this episode was a huge failure for me and i dont give a fuck what others opinions are if you can respect mine i'll respect yours, if you like E6 good for you

here

I'll admit you got some valid point a lil too harsh but definitely valid points
Jan 21, 2021 12:02 AM

Jan 2018
Lowlex said:
HandsomeUwU said:

here

Straight facts.
It's really impressive to me how people who have to have seen season 1 manage to not notice how bad the new season looks in comparison.

They have seen season 1 right ??
Did they just forget?
Jan 21, 2021 12:42 AM
Mar 2020
The one CGI I really disliked was that of the attack Titan, also it just doesn't make any sense to me how fast they changed the colour of it's eyes. One moment it is shining blue the other it's like it's eyeballs have been taken out...
Jan 21, 2021 12:48 AM
May 2020
CuteAssTiger said:
Lowlex said:

here

Straight facts.
It's really impressive to me how people who have to have seen season 1 manage to not notice how bad the new season looks in comparison.

Did they just forget?

the thing is wit make season 1,2 and 3 animation soo good that if the animation quality drop drastically you would easily notice the change and i do admit that mappa characters hand drawn are amazing but when it comes to action scenes mappa couldn't deliver it as good as wit

episode 1,2,3,4 and 5 i do think is good but episode 6 is just bad, do people use their eyes when they watch it or am i blind?

no hate towards the staff and you guys who enjoy episode 6
Jan 21, 2021 1:11 AM
Feb 2018
Lowlex said:
CuteAssTiger said:

Straight facts.

Did they just forget?

the thing is wit make season 1,2 and 3 animation soo good that if the animation quality drop drastically you would easily notice the change and i do admit that mappa characters hand drawn are amazing but when it comes to action scenes mappa couldn't deliver it as good as wit

episode 1,2,3,4 and 5 i do think is good but episode 6 is just bad, do people use their eyes when they watch it or am i blind?

We're not blind, we're just mature enough to understand the circumstances and accept the fact that we had to keep moving forward with positivity. I overthrown my ego away and decide to not nitpick every single thing so my fellow watchers could enjoy the series without getting distracted with stupid things like these.
Jan 21, 2021 1:20 AM
Jan 2018
I don't think the AT CGI is good.
Subjectivity is a joke on MAL. If you implicitly bring in subjectivity in your counter argument, you've already lost the debate. Also this website is a fankid infestation , have pity on those kids by ignoring there quotes as they have absolutely no clue what exactly is going on.
Jan 21, 2021 1:21 AM

Jan 2018
Lowlex said:
CuteAssTiger said:

Straight facts.

Did they just forget?

The first 5 were fine .
But fine doesn't really cut it for aot

Aot deserved amazing animation . Especially now where the story goes into it's best parts
Jan 21, 2021 1:37 AM
May 2020
Eren_Hitler said:
Lowlex said:

We're not blind, we're just mature enough to understand the circumstances and accept the fact that we had to keep moving forward with positivity. I overthrown my ego away and decide to not nitpick every single thing so my fellow watchers could enjoy the series without getting distracted with stupid things like these.

im just complaining what i think is bad i dont care about the circumstances. just because you said that doesn't changed that its a bad product, and no not every single shit needs positivity you need negativity to improve

and what's with this "fellow watchers could enjoy the series" this is soo stupid, what does my opinion fucking matter? is it me whos stupid here or the whole fucking people that still brings this shit up when it doesn't fucking makes sense,
if you enjoy this season and then suddenly didn't enjoy it as much before, then that's on you. you decide whether you enjoy it or not, not others.

"i can't enjoy watching hentai anymore because people keep shitting on the company"

hopefully i dont ruin your hentai exprience

take it chill im joking with all this shit dont take it personal
Jan 21, 2021 1:52 AM
Feb 2018
Lowlex said:
Eren_Hitler said:

im just complaining what i think is bad i dont care about the circumstances. just because you said that doesn't changed that its a bad product, and no not every single shit needs positivity you need negativity to improve

and what's with this "fellow watchers could enjoy the series" this is soo stupid, what does my opinion fucking matter? is it me whos stupid here or the whole fucking people that still brings this shit up when it doesn't fucking makes sense,
if you enjoy this season and then suddenly didn't enjoy it as much before, then that's on you. you decide whether you enjoy it or not, not others.

"i can't enjoy watching hentai anymore because people keep shitting on the company"

Yeah of course, you assumes like peoples really wanted "woke" person like you. Your opinion does matter if it turns out to be a bandwagon, which is the main problem of these whiny-ass threads. I dont mention specifically about "shitting on the company", what im trying to say is this whole fucking useless "criticism" posts on MAL, Twitters, and such shits distract general watchers to focus on the goodness of Attack on Titan. Which is fucking uncool.

To be accurate, its "I cant live with this bad environment, but its still possible to change rather than leave". But what do we got? Another destructive shits, you gotta be kidding me.

No offense, tbh.
Jan 21, 2021 2:13 AM
May 2020
Eren_Hitler said:
Lowlex said:

Yeah of course, you assumes like peoples really wanted "woke" person like you. Your opinion does matter if it turns out to be a bandwagon, which is the main problem of these whiny-ass threads. I dont mention specifically about "shitting on the company", what im trying to say is this whole fucking useless "criticsm" posts on MAL, Twitters, and such shits distract general watchers to focus on the goodness of Attack on Titan. Which is fucking uncool.

To be accurate, its "I cant live with this bad environment, but its still possible to change rather than leave". But what do we got? Another destructive shits, you gotta be kidding me.

No offense, tbh.

criticsm isn't useless in fact it helps the company or the to person who's working on something to improve better, now they know what the customers want. "distract general watchers" that's on you if you really are focused on something you won't bother to give a shit about others since it won't do shit to them
Jan 21, 2021 2:31 AM
Feb 2018
Lowlex said:
Eren_Hitler said:

Yeah of course, you assumes like peoples really wanted "woke" person like you. Your opinion does matter if it turns out to be a bandwagon, which is the main problem of these whiny-ass threads. I dont mention specifically about "shitting on the company", what im trying to say is this whole fucking useless "criticsm" posts on MAL, Twitters, and such shits distract general watchers to focus on the goodness of Attack on Titan. Which is fucking uncool.

No offense, tbh.

criticsm isn't useless in fact it helps the company or the to person who's working on something to improve better, now they know what the customers want. "distract general watchers" that's on you if you really are focused on something you won't bother to give a shit about others since it won't do shit to them

Except the fact that most of it isnt even a criticism lmao. "You wont bother to give a shit" how they can focus if their stupid subjective complains(which isnt criticism) is all over the place in social media. Try to shuts them up, perhaps? Like you assume Karens and Kudos would let that happen lol
Jan 21, 2021 3:12 AM
May 2020
Eren_Hitler said:
Lowlex said:

Except the fact that most of it isnt even a criticism lmao. "You wont bother to give a shit" how they can focus if their stupid subjective complains(which isnt criticism) is all over the place in social media. Try to shuts them up, perhaps? Like you assume Karens and Kudos would let that happen lol

"how they can focus" just dont give a shit, people these days are fucking crazy sending death threats and all of those shit but what does responding to them telling to stop with the hate comments will do? do they think that the hates will all disappear? if they just shut up and not make things worse than it already is by threatning us that they will stop aot from airing is such a stupid move it'll just give them more death threats and hate, its like they wanted more hate and death threats coming their way. (they probably doing this to get trending all over the world)
the best solution for mappa is shut up and let the situation calm down by it's own when the series is over

"Except the fact that most of it isn't even a criticsm" doesn't mean there is none they could just easily dodge all the hates comment by not bothering to respond and just look for a critism that could actually improve their work

Jan 21, 2021 3:47 AM
Jul 2016
It’s mostly decent-good and in some certain scenes, they are really blended well
Jan 21, 2021 3:48 AM
Jan 2020
CuteAssTiger said:
Lowlex said:

here

Straight facts.

Did they just forget?

Maybe because Season 4 doesn’t actually look bad. Y’all just some CGI haters who don’t want any CGI to exist in anime like come on...

Btw, it’s not straight facts. Anime is subjective so it’s all opinions at the end of the day.

Anyways, keep crying lol. Season 4 will be either be ranked #1 or #2 for MyAnimeList.
Jan 21, 2021 3:53 AM
Jan 2020
Lowlex said:
Eren_Hitler said:

That’s the thing though, is it? The CGI in Attack on Titan S4 is actually some of the best CGI you could have in a fucking anime.

Maybe you just don’t like having CGI in anime but that doesn’t make it the animation or art bad whatsoever.
Jan 21, 2021 4:00 AM
May 2020
SaberHotMikasa said:
Lowlex said:

That’s the thing though, is it? The CGI in Attack on Titan S4 is actually some of the best CGI you could have in a fucking anime.

Maybe you just don’t like having CGI in anime but that doesn’t make it the animation or art bad whatsoever.

You read it right? it's not just CGI if its just CGI i would be complaining to like 50 animes that had CGI in it and im talking about the animation not the CGI model and i also cover ost and sound effects consider that and i even admit mappa did some amazing job, if you like episode 6 it's your preference

its just that episode 6 quality dropped compared to episode 1 imo
Jan 21, 2021 4:03 AM

Jan 2018
SaberHotMikasa said:
CuteAssTiger said:

Straight facts.

Did they just forget?

Maybe because Season 4 doesn’t actually look bad. Y’all just some CGI haters who don’t want any CGI to exist in anime like come on...

Btw, it’s not straight facts. Anime is subjective so it’s all opinions at the end of the day.

Anyways, keep crying lol. Season 4 will be either be ranked #1 or #2 for MyAnimeList.

1.cgi in anime can look nice . take houseki no kuni for instance.

2. breaking the style and being poorly animated is just objectively awful . thats why

3. there have been many complaints about bots boosting this anime. furthermore the story of this anime deserves to be this high. a high rating does in no way,shape or form reflect the quality of the animation specifically . how do you even manage to make such an invalid argument ? .
Jan 21, 2021 4:07 AM
Jan 2020
CuteAssTiger said:
SaberHotMikasa said:

2. breaking the style and being poorly animated is just objectively awful . thats why

3. there have been many complaints about bots boosting this anime. furthermore the story of this anime deserves to be this high. a high rating does in no way,shape or form reflect the quality of the animation specifically . how do you even manage to make such an invalid argument ? .

Invalid argument ?

Not really.
Anyways, the quality of the animation is up for discussion but in my eyes, it looks perfectly fine & amazing at times. 🤙🏻
Jan 21, 2021 4:13 AM

Jan 2018
SaberHotMikasa said:
CuteAssTiger said:

Invalid argument ?

Not really.
Anyways, the quality of the animation is up for discussion but in my eyes, it looks perfectly fine & amazing at times. 🤙🏻

the counter argument for a logical conclusion is " not really " ? XD

so following that logic any rating reflects only on the visual quality specifically ?
yeah im gonna let you figure out why that is a logical fallacy.
im sure you can manage to do that. i believe in you ;D

Jan 21, 2021 4:29 AM
Jan 2020
CuteAssTiger said:
SaberHotMikasa said:

Invalid argument ?

Not really.

so following that logic any rating reflects only on the visual quality specifically ?

I could care less about your same old arguments lol

Won’t affect my enjoyment for Attack on Titan 😂
Jan 21, 2021 4:59 AM

Jul 2015
the cgi is good, but on a cgi level of good, no matter how good it is it won't beat the glorious hand-drawn titans. the soundtrack doesn't hype me either, it was supposed to be a legendary moment, the same as reiner and bert reveal. the warhammer titan reveal music is a bit underwhelming, so as the fight tbh. all i learned is mappa did really well with dialog-heavy scenes but worse than wit when it comes to full of actions scenes. but oh well, that's what you get from having such a tight schedule, still an amazing story.
Jan 21, 2021 5:03 AM

Jan 2018
SaberHotMikasa said:
CuteAssTiger said:

I could care less about your same old arguments lol

Won’t affect my enjoyment for Attack on Titan 😂

Yeah but it does affect your credibility when you resort to ignorance like that ?

How are people supposed to respect your opinion when the base of your argumentation is " lol I don't care"

What was the point of making that forum thread when you didn't even intent to reason with people in the first place ?

The point was never to affect your enjoyment. That is not what is being discussed here . So why bring it ?
Jan 21, 2021 5:05 AM

Oct 2019
yaegerist-15 said:
The only cgi that I don’t like is the cg on the scouts. Didn’t want to see jean and Connie in cgi and some moments of the beast titan.
Mikasa vs warhammer was nice and had good Camera angles but if I watch the scene when Jean and the other scouts attacked Magath and the soldiers from behind it was also cgi. I hoped that at least the odm scenes would be more hand drawn (the cgi is still good tho)

Yeah I agree with you here, if they’re going to deliver consistency they have to stick with 2d models for the characters
Mikasa vs Warhammer delivered on the hype tho ngl, the OST placement was good for that scene.
Jan 21, 2021 5:05 AM

Jul 2020
CuteAssTiger said:
SaberHotMikasa said:

Don't go throwing around the word "Objective" in the internet.Japan praised Mappa for Aot.It's all subjective anyway.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Jan 21, 2021 5:10 AM
Aug 2017
People hating are just a bunch of salty motherfuckers. What do you expect in such a short amount of time? The work they have delivered is amazing and nothing less. If you personally don't like CGI why reflect that with your score on this masterpiece?
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » If Eren was in avatar...

TASM18 - Apr 17

18 by belugaanime »»
Apr 19, 2:12 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 7, 2021

513 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Apr 13, 8:01 AM

» Isayama: The Perfect Architect ( 1 2 )

Mikasa - Mar 29, 2021

65 by benisfroms »»
Apr 10, 8:21 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jan 10, 2021

986 by Jasmin061011 »»
Apr 2, 8:12 AM

» Falco and Gabi…

Arddaa52 - Jul 25, 2021

20 by Adrena »»
Mar 27, 6:50 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.