Forum Settings
Forums

most ridiculous arguments you ever encountered in MAL?

New
Jan 14, 2021 12:02 AM

Mar 2020
welp the title says all ... any memories of it?
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jan 14, 2021 12:12 AM

Jun 2012
All of them are absolutely ridiculous.
Jan 14, 2021 12:17 AM

Aug 2020
My argument was on Gakuen Babysitters as the other one was saying that it is not that good despite watching only few episodes and not having on his list

lmao it was later solved
"Fear is necessary for evolution. The fear that one could be destroyed at any moment"
-Aizen Sousuke
Jan 14, 2021 12:23 AM

Mar 2020
There are many of them but the most hilarious one is
Attack on Titan is the "Peak Fiction"(Dont bite me Aot fans, I am an AOT fan as well and I consider the show to be great and even if you say its a masterpiece I dont mind but if you think its "Peak Fiction" then my friend you need to watch other shows)
Jan 14, 2021 12:35 AM
Jan 2020
V1D1T said:
Attack on Titan is the "Peak Fiction"(Dont bite me Aot fans, I am an AOT fan as well and I consider the show to be great and even if you say its a masterpiece I dont mind but if you think its "Peak Fiction" then my friend you need to watch other shows)

Name a anime better than AoT then 🤔
Jan 14, 2021 12:35 AM
Jan 2020
The objectivity arguments.

All of them of trash.
Jan 14, 2021 12:42 AM

Oct 2010
that chihayafuru was boted on purpose with low scores to promote the series, it was a 300 IQ move.
but there were other gems
Jan 14, 2021 12:46 AM

Jul 2017
A lot of morality arguments. People really turning here to take the high ground lol

V1D1T said:

While you might not agree with it, this is what peak fiction looks like:

Jan 14, 2021 12:48 AM

Jan 2020
AOT fans saying that FMA:B lovers are being unfair since they're giving their beloved show a 1, Like do they think that AOT lovers aren't doing the same ?

Both FMA:B fans and AOT fans were unfairly giving 10s AND 1s, So people who point fingers and try to argue with the other side look ridiculous imo
I don't speak English that much, so please cut me some slack
Jan 14, 2021 12:57 AM

Oct 2020
The current FMAB vs AoT is really annoying to me. Why tf do they argue about a fcking rating anyway? Anime cannot be judged by a goddamn rating that anyone knows is forced by a hard-headed fanbases.

"ꜱᴛʀᴇɴɢᴛʜ ᴏꜰ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ, ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴜɴɪᴛᴇᴅ, ɪᴛ'ꜱ ʙᴀʀʀᴇᴅ ʙʏ ɴᴏ ᴅᴏᴏʀ..." -Aigis
Jan 14, 2021 1:00 AM

Sep 2020
currently I am having a war with this user that fell into mad love with Nino Nakano. I stated that Yotsuba Nakano is better and he began shitting on me, sigh...

[Violet X Amy]

[VioletteloiV X squished_lemon]

Jan 14, 2021 1:03 AM

May 2018
SaberHotMikasa said:

Ex-Arm

Try to fight that argument...
Jan 14, 2021 1:05 AM

May 2020
Fma:b tards vs Aot tards. I lost brain cells
Jan 14, 2021 1:09 AM
Dec 2015
SaberHotMikasa said:
V1D1T said:

Berserk 97, HxH, Magi the list goes on
Jan 14, 2021 1:11 AM

Dec 2020
V1D1T said:
Attack on Titan is the "Peak Fiction"

Fuck idk why i feel insulted

People saying they don't like Aot because the story is dull
Shinzou Sasageyo!!!
Jan 14, 2021 1:20 AM

Mar 2020
SaberHotMikasa said:
V1D1T said:

There are a lot of shows I think are better but if I take those name it will be biased so I am going to say only those ones I truly believe are better
Try Ginga Eiyuu Denstsu or Legend of the Galactic Heroes if you're asking for English name
Monster is another Plot based Anime which has a great story
In Manga try reading Kingdom
I would have said Vinland Saga and Berserk as well but I dont know how good those Manga are as I havent read them so you can try yourself.
Also they are not Shounen all of them are Seinen so remember that
Well these are all in my mind right now
Jan 14, 2021 1:21 AM

Mar 2020
Attackonfiller said:
A lot of morality arguments. People really turning here to take the high ground lol

V1D1T said:

While you might not agree with it, this is what peak fiction looks like:

I don't think I can argue with that because deep down I believe that's true
Jan 14, 2021 1:22 AM

Oct 2017
SaberHotMikasa said:
V1D1T said:

Legend of the Galactic Heroes, March Comes in Like a Lion, Mushishi, Bebop, etc. We all have different opinions. Plus yeah I mean if you want to take in all media books, films and shows I think at most only LOTGH and maybe March would even fit in a top 25 list for me. There is a lot out there.

As for me will agree on the morality arguments they tend to be pretty bad on here. Also speaking of AOT the nitpicking going on before the series came out like getting upset over the trench backgrounds having certain details especially when AOT as a premise would fail any basic realism regarding warfare from the get go since 3D maneuver gears wouldn't work. That's probably the most recent case of dumb stuff I can remember on here. The amount of nitpicking one photo for like 10-15 pages of comments was kinda insane.
BilboBaggins365Jan 14, 2021 1:30 AM
Jan 14, 2021 1:26 AM
Dec 2015
alshu said:
manamasta said:

Exactly, I can list you at least 300 shows witch I like better than AOT and its fans will be "What kind of idiot think that those are better than AOT?".

Measuring "which is better" especially against people who are hYpEd is non-argument to me.
I'm under no notion that Aot is the best anime ever. I even think that saying such a thing is ridiculous because in the end it's just personal opinion anyways. I know alot of shows that are better imo too. It's just idiots who argue against others
Jan 14, 2021 1:27 AM

Aug 2018
Iirc there was someone posting in SNK related forum/review/an episode discussion that SNK is perfectly depicting diversity (there are complete race representation) and LGBT-stuff and took an example of Zoe Hange and Yelena and bringing Hajime Isayama is literal mangaka-god.

I was like "ok calm your tits or whatever it is bro" but I didn't wrote that down.
Jan 14, 2021 1:29 AM
Jun 2017
V1D1T said:

As a fan of aot manga.. I will say that there are many mangas better than AOT in terms of plot..
like Berserk, Vagabond, Punpun, Real, Monster.. etc..

But the manga is ending soon and it may very well establish itself as one of the ALL TIME GREATS
and someone saying its 'PEAK FICTION' is objective and not a BAD opinion unlike when someone calls
DEMON SLAYER (for eg) a 'PEAK FICTION'

anime wise.. lets see.. its top 5 for me!! I have yet to watch some shows like Legend of The Galactic Heroes
Jan 14, 2021 1:30 AM

Mar 2020
ErwinDanchou said:
V1D1T said:
Attack on Titan is the "Peak Fiction"

All I want to say is that calling it a Peak Fiction just destroys the Anime itself as there is so much hate just because of that. Every show has flaws and no show is perfect. And if you dont remember it is created by a Normal Human like every other Anime. However just ignore those who think the story is dull as in my opinion story is fine.
Jan 14, 2021 1:31 AM

May 2018
manamasta said:
It's just idiots who argue against others

Well this is to be expected being mentioned in a topic about "most ridiculous arguments". It even is producing some fresh ones.
Jan 14, 2021 1:31 AM

Nov 2020
Idk how but i always seen people saying bullshit so im gonna follow this rule by saying this.... OP BESTO SHONEN

Jan 14, 2021 1:34 AM
Jul 2019
SaberHotMikasa said:
V1D1T said:

We're not denying the quality of aot here, but it's a bit of a stretch to call it the peak of fiction or the greatest work of fiction in history. Makes us aot fans look dumb and ignorant of other works that are heralded as great or masterpieces.
Jan 14, 2021 1:41 AM

Mar 2020
Blu0 said:
V1D1T said:

As a fan of aot manga.. I will say that there are many mangas better than AOT in terms of plot..
like Berserk, Vagabond, Punpun, Real, Monster.. etc..

But the manga is ending soon and it may very well establish itself as one of the ALL TIME GREATS
and someone saying its 'PEAK FICTION' is objective and not a BAD opinion unlike when someone calls
DEMON SLAYER (for eg) a 'PEAK FICTION'

anime wise.. lets see.. its top 5 for me!! I have yet to watch some shows like Legend of The Galactic Heroes

Well I think calling it a Peak Fiction just overhypes the show and when others don't find the same enjoyment as the were supposed to they will just think it as a dumb show. And Calling a show a masterpiece and a peak fiction is different as if you call it a Peak Fiction you claim it as it is on the greatest height compared to other shows.
Jan 14, 2021 1:52 AM

Jul 2015
Mayu_jamir said:
SaberHotMikasa said:

We're not denying the quality of aot here, but it's a bit of a stretch to call it the peak of fiction or the greatest work of fiction in history. Makes us aot fans look dumb and ignorant of other works that are heralded as great or masterpieces.

bro it's just a hyperbolic way to say "my favorite" calm down
Jan 14, 2021 1:57 AM

Sep 2020
Oh, the classic "Too much ecchi". ON FUCKING SHOWS THAT HAVE THE ECCHI TAG.
Jan 14, 2021 1:58 AM
Apr 2018
Most of them are unreasonable in my opinion. But i like to read those posts, only to find some funny comments. I like to see people enjoying themselves.

I mostly use MAL, so it's great to see people active here.
PEOPLE ARE FUN! :)
Jan 14, 2021 2:04 AM
Jul 2018
V1D1T said:

Good god yes. Everytime someone pretends like their favorite show is the peak of art in thousand years of human history, you know you got an obnoxious fanboy right there lol
removed-userJan 14, 2021 2:08 AM
Jan 14, 2021 2:11 AM

Jun 2017
There was once a post that said people who like AoT are nazis or something lol

(they discovered my secret)
Jan 14, 2021 2:14 AM
Dec 2019
The usual "This anime is overrated", do they not realize that if the anime has a high rating is because the majority of the people who watched it likes it?. Also the people who says they hate, example:"I hate AoT" infront of people who likes AoT, isn't it basically common sense that you don't say "I hate this" infront of people who like it? Also the people who write essays over essays just because people don't agree with their opinion, they always act like their opinion is the most correct one.

Btw sorry for my English, I'm not from an english speaking country
Jan 14, 2021 2:18 AM

Mar 2018
Tough. The number of ridiculous arguments on questions on this message board outweighs the one for all thoughtful and intelligent arguments and questions by a mile.
Jan 14, 2021 2:22 AM

Nov 2020
Yuri comments i miss them why people argue all in life Lets just all be good like a good comunity we are right ?????? (~ ̄³ ̄)~

Jan 14, 2021 2:43 AM

Jul 2015
_Maneki-Neko_ said:
V1D1T said:

Good god yes. Everytime someone pretends like their favorite show is the peak of art in thousand years of human history, you know you got an obnoxious fanboy right there lol

bro it's just a hyperbolic way to say "my favorite" calm down(1)
Jan 14, 2021 2:44 AM

Oct 2018
I was arguing and someome told me that all anime with snow are trash.
Yes, the guy's reason for dislike something was snow.
If you're a fanboy, please don't waste my time.

Watch more movies, please.

Kafka, Fu Xuan, Jingliu, Topaz and Huohuo.
Jan 14, 2021 2:48 AM

Mar 2020
All of the ones concerning MAL ratings, people complaining about ratings, people complaining about people complaining about them. Has been worse lately but constant regardless.

Also you get some crazies in here comparing people who like this or that anime to like murderers and other crazy shit. Sometimes blanket statements like anyone who hates so and so character is a simp etc as well.
Jan 14, 2021 4:30 AM

Oct 2013
There are many but these are my two proudest and first to mind honestly
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1642654

then there was that time a guy said Shana III had bad writing but only because he couldn't pay attention to save his own life
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1594380
Jan 14, 2021 4:38 AM
Jul 2019
Bunsuke said:
Mayu_jamir said:

bro it's just a hyperbolic way to say "my favorite" calm down

Well, it gets conveyed ambiguously and more often negatively to others and really reflects badly on the fandom. You can say it's your favourite without calling it the peak of fiction.
Jan 14, 2021 4:44 AM

May 2018
Anti-pedo hypocrites vs lolicon.
Anti-pedo hypocrtites vs Boku no Pico.
Morality fags vs incest.

Jan 14, 2021 4:46 AM
Dec 2017
Absoultetly every single one of them is beyond ridicoulous especially recently with that astrology thread i made a few days ago

Jan 14, 2021 4:49 AM

Oct 2018
People that just toss the term 'overrated' around like it's candy, which is basically 80% of the arguments I see in MAL

Jan 14, 2021 4:51 AM

Jun 2020
That webtoon adaptations done by Japanese studios aren't anime and that if you like webtoons you cannot possibly be a real anime fan
Jan 14, 2021 4:58 AM

Jul 2020
V1D1T said:
ErwinDanchou said:

All I want to say is that calling it a Peak Fiction just destroys the Anime itself as there is so much hate just because of that. Every show has flaws and no show is perfect. And if you dont remember it is created by a Normal Human like every other Anime. However just ignore those who think the story is dull as in my opinion story is fine.

I feel like "perfect" anime do exist. Except its different for different people. Like my perfect anime's would be: A silent voice, Steins;gate, Attack on titan, Fate/zero. I know people can come up with flaws for the show. But I still wouldn't change shit and me myself can't find any flaws.
I gave up on character of the week since it takes too much thinking. I'll just change my forum pfp to whoever I want every week lol.
Jan 14, 2021 4:58 AM

Aug 2018
idk most arguments on myanimelist are ridiculous tbh.
Jan 14, 2021 4:59 AM

Aug 2018
"Having a waifu is unhealthy" - I disagree, my waifu has brought me to another plane of existence. I'm not depressed, I swear.
Jan 14, 2021 5:13 AM

Aug 2020
this of course devolved into another aot thread lmaoooooo
Jan 14, 2021 5:26 AM

Jun 2020
offcrack said:
Lol recently this has been the case for every argument thread
Jan 14, 2021 5:28 AM

Jul 2015
offcrack said:

aot debate is peak debate, that's a fact.
Jan 14, 2021 5:30 AM
Jul 2018
Maybe not an actual argument, but the crusade to get SNK No. 1 on MAL is real annoying.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » do you want more emotional or more intelligent anime?

deg - 8 minutes ago

2 by Spunkert »»
4 minutes ago

» What's your most controversial anime among your favorites? ( 1 2 3 )

Kushna - Apr 5

105 by YeeYeeAss »»
7 minutes ago

Poll: » whats the severity of social stigma for anime and its fans now a days?

deg - 50 minutes ago

4 by Otakupervert890 »»
18 minutes ago

» have you guys watched texhnolyze?

brainburger - Apr 21

37 by vampirismsxc »»
21 minutes ago

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men? ( 1 2 3 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 23

114 by vampirismsxc »»
24 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.