Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 4, 2008 2:53 PM

Oct 2006
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well, I ended up watching the raw out of boredom. Can't say I was overly impressed but then again the first manga chapter wasn't impressive either. The anime followed it quite nicelly though. Good animation/music and I personally loved the opening theme.

ps: Fukuyama Jun & Paku Romi<3 in the same show is win.
Apr 4, 2008 3:10 PM

Nov 2006
I wanted to start the thread~ haha.

I LOVED the animation, it was beautiful. The opening and ending are wonderful as well. Animated Tsuyukusa and Kuchiha fighting, ahalsjf;alsdjfl.

I am not fond of Kon's voice...and Fukujun didn't change his voice enough imo, he sounded way too much like Masayuki for my liking.

Looking forward to the next ep, it'll only get better from here!

Apr 4, 2008 3:49 PM
Nov 2007
One word: Boring.

I thought the fight scene was cool though but for the most part, it was just boring. That's just me though :)
Apr 4, 2008 7:27 PM

Nov 2006
radiantfire said:
One word: Boring.

I thought the fight scene was cool though but for the most part, it was just boring. That's just me though :)
It was pretty boring, I even stopped reading the manga after the first few chapters, but it gets exponentially better very soon.
Apr 5, 2008 3:48 AM

Nov 2007
where can i find the sub episode?
Apr 5, 2008 4:56 AM

Apr 2007
KuroRinX said:
where can i find the sub episode?

no subs out yet, last time i checked anyways.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 5, 2008 8:54 AM
Jan 2008
Do you know who is subbing it?
Apr 5, 2008 3:50 PM

Mar 2007
I pretty much liked the first episode and if it really will get better I'll end up loving this one. Can't wait for the next episode to air.
Apr 5, 2008 8:38 PM

Mar 2008
any fansub group planning to sub this?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 6, 2008 11:55 AM
Jan 2008
AnimeYoshi has said that they will sub it, but no release yet. http://www.animeyoshi.net/index.php
Apr 7, 2008 10:55 AM

Aug 2007
it was okay, but overall it was good.
Apr 9, 2008 7:12 PM

Mar 2008
Thraden said:
AnimeYoshi has said that they will sub it, but no release yet. http://www.animeyoshi.net/index.php

thanks...guess I'll have to check that site often
Apr 11, 2008 4:11 AM

Mar 2008
I need subs!!
Apr 11, 2008 4:03 PM

Aug 2007
lol, it's been a week. subs plzzzz!!!!!
Apr 13, 2008 9:05 AM

Jun 2007
seriesly there are two people who have sub this in non English languages and no English wow it's starting to piss me off.
Check out my podcast here
Apr 16, 2008 1:26 AM

Aug 2007
Eh...that was pretty boring..
Apr 16, 2008 1:41 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Lots of anime with historical settings this time around. I expected a bit more but it wasn't bad, I like some of the characters so we'll see where this goes.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Apr 16, 2008 4:04 AM

Feb 2008
This was quite weird in my opinion :P
Apr 16, 2008 6:09 AM

Sep 2007
On the fansub:
I watched the first episode by Ureshii. As usual, great TL and notes, but the video isn't exactly the best. Most likely, it's their raw source like what happened with Strait Jacket.

On the anime:
Personally, I think it was pretty good. I liked how Toki got transported from the real world to some other dimension going back to the Edo period. The mysterious aura around the samurai girl is interesting too. It's a decent first episode, so I'm looking forward to it.
Apr 16, 2008 8:43 AM

Jan 2007
so so episode. Animation was good, but nothing amazing. Liked the music though.
Apr 16, 2008 8:46 AM

Jul 2007
It seemed like an extremly half-assed japanese version of A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court with a couple changes. Of course the protagonist has to be a high school student, no good TV show, novel, to movie was ever made that didn't have a highschooler as its protagonist. On top of that the design is really lazy, there's very little attention to small detail. If you look at what Connecticut Yankee and Life on Mars have done with a similer concept the small things are where most of the drama happens. The things that both the past and present take for granted are different and when those two things clash that's where the drama is.

Sam is my sweet peach
Apr 16, 2008 10:18 AM

Jun 2007
This was not boring at all to me.
It got a nice psychological site to it, I hope it gets that up
and as always I love fantasy themed animes.

And the opening song was pretty nice.
Apr 16, 2008 12:15 PM

Oct 2007
I liked it quite a bit. I like the historicalness, there's some mix of action, and the characters seem okay. Personally I hate the samurai girl though, she seems like a bitch...she flipped out on Toki for nothing, seriously...but I do like Kon.

Apr 16, 2008 1:51 PM

Jan 2008
It had a lot of potential, but I don't think they really planned the episode out well. It was just plain boring, but at least the music was good. I'll still probably keep up with this series even if it wasn't that great.
Apr 16, 2008 3:20 PM

Sep 2007
I...thought it was pretty good, but then again, I'm always a fan of those reality/virtual worlds anyway. Can't wait to see where this goes.
Apr 16, 2008 4:17 PM

May 2007
I snagged the first episode out of boredom even though the synopsis kind of put me off, but I liked it more than I expected -- I thought it was going to be some kind of trapped in a CG game-esque thing (which I normally can't stand). I think the premise is pretty weak, but I'm interested in what they're going to do (if anything) with his whole disconnected personality thing.
Apr 16, 2008 6:41 PM

May 2007
the first ep wasnt that bad, it was pretty interesting and im curious to see where the plot is going so im going to continue watching
Apr 16, 2008 7:42 PM
Dec 2007
well i tend to like more comedy in a show, but this has good characters and good animation. Ill stick with it ^^
Apr 16, 2008 9:07 PM

Nov 2006
Monkey_D_Luffy said:
Personally I hate the samurai girl though, she seems like a bitch...she flipped out on Toki for nothing, seriously...
;_; ahh i want to defend her but i would probably spoil something.
Apr 17, 2008 1:25 AM

Jan 2008
I absolutely loved this first episode. I'm talking about themes here. At first I was disappointed that our main protagonist was a moron that gets 5% on a test, and would most likely be useless in combat for a long while. Then, after the conversations with the Yakou, and his own words while talking to Kuchiha at the end...well, I love him now. He's an amazing character, and this anime is shaping up to be one of the most, if not the most thought provoking of the season.

I will, however, be disappointed if it turns out that they were just throwing around those philosophical concepts for the sake of sounding cool. Some anime do that, and it's always a letdown.

Lastly, I personally liked (loved) the ending theme better than the opening. That's just me though ^_^.
Apr 17, 2008 2:10 AM
Dec 2007
Great first ep I think, not because the script is overly original, but because it's pretty well-done and surprising. There's a good amount opf psychology involved too, and the animation is great, so I'll watch more, I didn't expect this show to be this good.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Apr 17, 2008 6:41 AM

Oct 2007
it was ok.although it is slow paced but i like such series.so its ok for me but there is nothing outstanding about it.just another run of the mill show from the looks of it.

Apr 17, 2008 6:57 AM

Dec 2007
Presuming they keep a decent amount of fighting, I think I'll be very pleased with this series. A lot of potential...from the Edo-era setting to the "What is reality?"/"It feels like its happening to someone else"-type thing they have going. If they do something with it all this will be a favorite of mine for the season.
Jumping in Headfirst - I hear reading it causes immortality. Warning. Reading may not actually cause immortality.
Apr 17, 2008 10:11 AM

Feb 2008
anyone who finds this anime boring probably never think about profound philosophical things that make people's heads spin. I find this show interesting solely for what the little spirit said when he first get attacked. the lead character's perception of the world is quite valid too although living that way can prove to be very difficult and somewhat dangerous.

im interested to see where this anime leads.
Apr 17, 2008 12:28 PM

Aug 2007
I was kind of surprised when I watched this episode. It was just me again, having prejudices about how an anime is going to be just by looking at the picture and in this case, the picture reminded me of Harukanaru Toki no Naka de. Demo ne, I was wrong and it's way better than that! I expected it too be somehow soft, as the main char looked like that at first, but it turned to be out cooler than I thought! Banzai for historical anime ; I've always liked them. I can't complain about the characters or the animation or the sound, those are just fine, but the start was cliché with the whole ''My life is boring, so can anyone please make it more exciting and transfer me to another world?'' Yeah, I saw that storyline before. However, after that it's good! I'll be continuing this one, zettai!
Dutch anime blogger with a love for Ikuhara's antics and proper storytelling.
Apr 17, 2008 1:33 PM

Aug 2007
Not bad so far. I love the ED
Apr 17, 2008 1:53 PM

Aug 2007
Finally! A series about a high-school student being transported back to historical Asia... that DOESN'T feel the need to suffocate us with a reverse-harem. v_v Seriously, if nothing else, I like it just for that.

I'm not sure about all the psychology, though. To me, it sounds like they're just waving it around to draw people to the series. I don't expect they'll keep up with it. Toki's comment about "living in a dream" sounded like nothing more than an apathetic attitude to me. But I could be wrong. If they actually continue with the psychology, and really get into it, then yes, this could be a very interesting series. The way it's set up, they could potentially do a lot with it. But we'll have to see. Either way, I'll probably keep watching Amatsuki.
Apr 17, 2008 7:01 PM

Aug 2007
Seems alright so far. This has the potential to be quite interesting. Will watch some more and see how things turn out.

Felli disapproves of this thread.
Apr 17, 2008 8:19 PM

Sep 2007
I enjoyed the episode. It has some good psychological and philosophical angles with plenty of room to work as well as a bit of promise for fighting and action. I'm also relieved the show hasn't felt the need to add the yaoi element some of the other spring shows seem to love.

Kuchiki seems a bit stereotypical, but that's probably just because you can only explain so much in the first episode. I'll look forward to seeing what kind of bees she's got in her bonnet. Toki seems like he might have a few skeletons in the closet himself.
Apr 17, 2008 9:00 PM

Apr 2007
was an ok episode, has lots of potential, just hope the plot picks up fast.
Apr 17, 2008 11:11 PM

Dec 2007
Definitely going to check out some more episodes since I found this to be pretty entertaining.

What's with Tokidoki's eyeballs taking up 90% of his head? It makes him look surprised at everything. Even 10 seconds into the OP of the show I was laughing because of that. Between his eyes and the line about "him" vs "everyone else", all I could think was he was a meth addict or suffered from schizophrenia. So now I'm just really confused.

Edit :: Didn't notice this was by Studio DEEN which explains the animation, I'm sure they will completely change the looks of everything by the end of the show like in Shion no Ou. Unfortunately, they usually make things worse as time goes on.
playconnApr 18, 2008 1:11 AM
Apr 17, 2008 11:15 PM

Oct 2007
Somewhat sparked my interest, hope it picks up pace.

Apr 18, 2008 5:31 AM

Feb 2007
I had low expectations, but surprisingly, I liked the first episode a lot.

And it looks like Studio DEEN did a better job with this anime than what they did with Vampire Knight. At least, in terms of the first episode. The music was great (again, even better than Vampire Knight), and it's been a while since I've seen a Edo period anime. This one has good potential. I'll remain optimistic with the animation quality. Perhaps some more creative detailing will be used when their budget starts to go down the drain, just like with Shion no Ou. (Only Psgels and I appreciate DEEN's messy animation. x_x)
Apr 18, 2008 5:53 AM

Oct 2007
This was better than I thought it'd be! Not that I really had much expectation in the first place; I was thinking about other anime a lot more XD

I love the animation; it's great. The fight scenes are great. And of course, FukuJun and Romi Paku<3
Toki has the funniest name! I thought he was joking at first, so I started laughing, but I guess he was serious X3

I haven't watched a historical anime in a while it seems! For now, I think I'll keep watching this :]
Apr 18, 2008 10:39 AM

Aug 2007
Well I watched this only because of Fukuyama Jun. (BTW I don't like Paku Romi, but oh well...)

It was quite ok, nothing much to say. (Though the animation could be a lot better!)
Apr 18, 2008 10:40 AM

Sep 2007
Guess I wasn't paying that close attention as I don't remember hearing Paku Romi at all xD
Apr 18, 2008 11:00 AM

Aug 2007
Iriya said:
Guess I wasn't paying that close attention as I don't remember hearing Paku Romi at all xD

She played Kuchiha.
Apr 18, 2008 11:21 AM

Sep 2007
Zurelily said:
Iriya said:

She played Kuchiha.

Ah. Guess I'm just not used to picking out her voice easily yet =P
Apr 18, 2008 2:34 PM

Jan 2008
I'm just not used to picking her out as a female character XD (Go figure!). Most of the roles she did that I'm familiar with are males. Hitsugaya from Bleach, Heimdall from Matantei Loki Ragnarok, Edward Elric from FMA, and Okamoto Katsushiro from Samurai 7.

Apr 18, 2008 5:51 PM

Nov 2007
Not bad. I think I will check this out some more.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Amatsuki Episode 3 Discussion

cyruz - Apr 30, 2008

35 by PatrickJaneFan »»
Dec 30, 2023 7:08 AM

Poll: » Amatsuki Episode 2 Discussion

hyunnie14 - Apr 14, 2008

39 by PatrickJaneFan »»
Dec 30, 2023 6:44 AM

» 2nd season?

SherryAi - Oct 3, 2008

18 by quercifolia »»
Nov 13, 2023 11:30 PM

Poll: » Amatsuki Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

WaterLily - Jun 30, 2008

69 by Dawizz »»
Jul 4, 2023 12:47 AM

Poll: » Amatsuki Episode 8 Discussion

Stjeppe - Jun 27, 2008

18 by Eyth »»
Oct 13, 2022 6:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.