Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 30, 2008 5:27 PM

Apr 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I love this last episode! But I hope they will make the second season.

It is so nice that the human and monsters get along quite well at the end (at least temporarily).

I found that Ustubushi is actually cute ^_^

I also love the scene that the fox and her master finally stay together.
Jul 2, 2008 1:59 AM

May 2008
Huh! feel like bit unsatified with only 13 episodes.... it just cannot stop like that..
Aug 5, 2008 2:07 PM

Apr 2007
Hated the ending.. I mean they just gave some hope for a s2 but nothing more.. Think i can summarize all 13 eps in no more than a a4 page.

And since it seems the manga is not far ahead where the anime ended.. it will take a few years until the material is available again..

Oh well.. maybe I'll just read the manga instead.
Aug 5, 2008 2:54 PM

Jul 2007
wow i really dont know why they only had 13 episodes.

This could have been a solid 26 episode anime but then they just try to end it open-ended.

Thats just dumb if u are gonna end something end it right.

Give me a second season :(
Aug 5, 2008 3:00 PM

Jan 2007
I rather really liked the ending, quite intense. It looks like to me that there will be a second season and are just gonna wait till more of the manga comes out.

Overall, it was a good adaptation. I really do like the characters in this show and they were presented quite nicely. Gets a 7 from me.
Aug 5, 2008 3:04 PM

Oct 2007
Ending was decent, I thought. Does seem like a second season is needed, so we just have to wait and see.

Overall 7/10.

Aug 5, 2008 3:11 PM

Nov 2007
5/10 overall

hoping it won't take years for a second season, and that the second season is actually good.
Aug 5, 2008 3:15 PM

Apr 2008
Too many unanswered questions, and a cliffhanger in the end.

I'd say they are definitely into making a second season - but still this episode heavily lacks 'finalising'. We don't even get to see Shinshu in it, for example. Well, she's a 'supporting' character, but leaving her with only some frames in the ending video sequence felt a bit unfair to me.

The story of Tokidoki's friend (the biker) annoys me a bit, too - it feels like it's hinted he had died?..

...Aaah, damn it, too many questions left for my head to bear with it.
Yes, I'm stupid enough to work for the government.
Aug 5, 2008 4:13 PM

Jul 2008
The end was kind of disappointing to me. I like that Imayou got a happy ending, but then they start opening up new plots and then end the series? I guess another 13 episode series will come around eventually to clear everything up.

Overall 7/10.
Aug 5, 2008 4:30 PM

Oct 2007
This episode was fun to watch ... the ending was a bit disapointed but considering its a 13 episode series ... id rather say the ending was perfect for a second season and was not that bad . Overol for this series is 8/10 from me :)
Aug 5, 2008 4:56 PM

Jun 2006
;o; Awww it ended. I really do hope there's going to be a second season...They can't end it like that. DX

It was great how they got along in this episode...Also how Imayou and her master reunited, soo cuute~ X3

I really want to know what happens next. Guess I'll have to read the manga...Cliffhangers rawr. DX

I wanna know more about the biker dude also...
Aug 5, 2008 5:18 PM

Mar 2008
Aw, it's over, the last episode
The episode was okay, some stuff we're closed, a new goal set for the next season.

I await the next season, will probably read the manga now aswell uptill here.

Overall this gets a 9 from me, why, simply because this was one of my favorite 'ongoing' anime. I had a lot of enjoyment in watching this.

MAL list updates
Aug 5, 2008 6:48 PM

Nov 2007
We're definitely looking at a second season. That ending was just way too open.
Aug 5, 2008 8:36 PM

Nov 2007
if there is no second season then that sucks but honestly the way it ended made me bump up the score from a 7 to an 8. there was nothing really ridiculous and we found out what the real intentions were of the priestess and bon.

this was a well done series and deserves a second one. it was never boring/dragging/rushed.
Aug 5, 2008 9:06 PM
May 2008
surely there will be a second season, but that will take a year like you guys said.

still, the anime is very entertaining, though i prefer the manga better.

cliffhangers for the ending...did not bother me so much, since i followed the manga

and so, i give this anime an 8/10.
Aug 5, 2008 10:07 PM

Jun 2007
The reason why this felt like an unfinished ending is becuse they followed the manga almost perfectly. They did add a few things in to make it flow better but it was almost spot on. I'm pretty impressed with it and hope they do make a second season when the Manga finishes. For people that haven't started reading the manga, you should. Start from the beginning because there was parts left out of the anime that you should know about. Like whats going on in the future as Toki is in the past.
Aug 5, 2008 11:41 PM
Dec 2007
Great conclusion, it's strange to see an open ending like this one being so thought provoking and so well directed. The series itself was very good, I liked the characters, the general atmosphere of the show and the psychological side it takes since the first episode. I'm going to read the manga for sure and I'm waiting for a second season obviously. 8,5/10 (so 9/10 on MAL because the series is so underrated !)

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Aug 6, 2008 1:29 AM

Aug 2007
I hope they make a second season just for some closure. I'm reading the manga as well, but I actually prefer the anime way over the manga in this case. Heh, it seems almost everyone always prefers it the opposite way.. Well *duh* since the anime is *based* off the manga and not the other way around...

But I found the anime easier to follow.
Aug 6, 2008 1:37 AM

Dec 2007
The open ending, i guess thats good cos we will probably get second season in the future.
For me that show was one of the winners of this anime season. At the beginning i didnt really expected anything, I thought it will be just another average anime. I was so wrong, I turned to be original, good and interesting anime to the very end.

9/10 as for me, and lets look forward for continuation.
Aug 6, 2008 4:57 AM

Mar 2008
I dislike open ending in almost any cases, and I definitely yearn for a second season now... Despite the ending, I liked the show quite a lot, it was a whole different from the other anime I've watched and it was interesting. =)

8/10
Aug 6, 2008 7:20 AM

Jun 2008
certainly a more lighthearted finale than i was expecting, enjoyable nontheless. pretty much cements that there will be a second series.
Aug 6, 2008 7:33 AM

Aug 2007
Studio Deen did it again. It's more like a promotion for the manga. They also did the same with Fruits Basket, Hatenko Yuugi and Vampire Knight. I guess there will be a second season, as I first saw that there were 24 or 26 planned, but it later turned out to be 13 episodes and also if you consider this episode, there just has to be a next season.

I'm pretty much stuck between a 7 and a 8, as this episode finally made me interested for the story. It was really weird at times, as it actually made me feel that they threw the storyline away after episode 5 or so and they only returned at the last episode. I came up with a 7.5/10 overall, turning it into a 8 on my list.

Love the scene with Imayou returning and Utsubushi is pretty funny.
DragonsWhipAug 6, 2008 7:40 AM
Dutch anime blogger with a love for Ikuhara's antics and proper storytelling.
Aug 6, 2008 11:08 AM

May 2007
Second season! There's lots more stuff to animate, and with a cliff hanger like that, there HAS to be a second season!

I aggree with DragonsWhip. Amatsuki ended up as an 8 on my list. The episodes, for me, picked up once Imayou appeared. I'm the reading the manga, and its one of my more favourite-y chapters/arcs.
Aug 6, 2008 5:14 PM

Feb 2008
they had better make a second season......they just cant end it there. so many loose ends. it should be rather interesting though should they make one.
Aug 6, 2008 9:20 PM

Nov 2007
This was a pretty impressive series, in my opinion. While, the last episode created more questions than answers, that isn't a bad thing and likely was intentional. Sadly, now we have to play the waiting game for a second season or move on to the manga for continuation.

I'm somewhat shocked people are saying they are displeased with this ending, but the lack of closure as far as the bigger picture goes is likely the case. It seems to me this more-so an arc about Imayou and giving a very detailed background of characters (intentions, personalities, history, etc.) which isn't always easy to sum up quickly.

9/10 for me, would have given less had there been some plot changes such as actually succeeding in curing Ginshu's curse.
Aug 6, 2008 11:01 PM

Jun 2007
Chamcham said:
I'm somewhat shocked people are saying they are displeased with this ending, but the lack of closure as far as the bigger picture goes is likely the case. It seems to me this more-so an arc about Imayou and giving a very detailed background of characters (intentions, personalities, history, etc.) which isn't always easy to sum up quickly.

Ya it is an ark, that's why the ending was open ended. There's a few more translated chapters after this but not much else has been translated yet. The manga does continue on and hopefully we will see a second season. I really cant see them leaving it like this. Well, unless it did poor in japan.
Aug 9, 2008 12:04 PM

Jun 2007
I just could not bring myself to like this anime :(
I was bored 80% of the time.
So I am forced to give it a 5/10 x_x

Aug 9, 2008 1:06 PM

Aug 2007
The anime ended when things started to get interesting, I hate it when that happens...
I hope there will be a second season too. It would be a shame if the anime ended here.
Aug 12, 2008 5:01 PM

Jun 2007
I liked the ending, enjoyable.
Nice and good characters. Story was good but i have to admit at some point got bored and stopped watching, just the last 2 episodes were interesting so, 8/10 for me.
Second season needed, first one seemed like a big introduction of the story.
Aug 15, 2008 11:27 PM

Nov 2006
Mm, I like how they ended it. The place they chose to close it at was very suitable, and they executed it well. My score is at a 7, because it just couldn't live up to the manga, and they needed a higher budget. Some of the characters were looking quite QUALITY there towards the end.

I am looking forward to seeing Shinshu's and Ginshu's little explanation type arc and Ginshu's and Bon's backstory in the second season. Undoubtedly going to happen.

^ I hope that sentence convinced some people to read the manga, gogogo.
Aug 20, 2008 3:31 PM
Jul 2018
ugh... cliffhanger ><
then again.... SEASON 2~!!!!!
Aug 21, 2008 5:13 PM

Aug 2007
The last episode and the second-last were actually quite action-oriented (and there was less dialogue) compared with the middle parts of the anime, therefore I really enjoyed them. Bonten suddenly started appealing to me in the last episode, for some reason, lol! Maybe getting the manga will be a good idea. Oh and Kon finally makes his appearance after a long absence!
Aug 29, 2008 12:43 PM

Nov 2007
the end is like the best ep in the whole season. and i want season 2 too. getting so intense.
Sep 7, 2008 10:51 AM

May 2008
There's gonna be a second season, ne? It can't just end like that! Was the Priestess actually on Bon's side, going against Teiten like that? Waai, if Toki found out, he might side with Bon, ne?
Sep 11, 2008 10:29 AM

Nov 2007
Idd,the ending was not something special,but I think it's just like a cliffhanger for the 2nd season.And by the looks of it,Toki & co will side up with Bon & co,and we might even see a new Teiten ^_*
Sep 19, 2008 6:41 PM

Apr 2007
I'm finally finished :D

Some episodes were extremely boring and others were very interesting. What I really liked though is how they ended the series. It makes me want to read the manga :)
If there is another season I will watch it, but only if I get to the manga first^^;

Rating: 6/10
Sep 23, 2008 7:43 PM

Feb 2008
DragonsWhip said:
Studio Deen did it again. It's more like a promotion for the manga. They also did the same with Fruits Basket, Hatenko Yuugi and Vampire Knight. I guess there will be a second season, as I first saw that there were 24 or 26 planned, but it later turned out to be 13 episodes and also if you consider this episode, there just has to be a next season.

I'm pretty much stuck between a 7 and a 8, as this episode finally made me interested for the story. It was really weird at times, as it actually made me feel that they threw the storyline away after episode 5 or so and they only returned at the last episode. I came up with a 7.5/10 overall, turning it into a 8 on my list.

Love the scene with Imayou returning and Utsubushi is pretty funny.

Well...with Vampire knight there is the 2nd season coming out very soon...
Oct 8, 2008 6:39 AM

Dec 2007
Blah. Finally finished this series. If there's a second season forthcoming, awesome. If not, fail.

I originally gave this series an 8 'cause the description sucked and I figured it'd be your typical "guy goes to an alternate world, gets special abilities or powers, fights a lot" series, which I like.

Then I knocked it down to a 7 once I realized not only that this was not happening, but that they were seemingly wandering around aimlessly with no real plot progression.

Had to bump it back up to an eight though once I finally figured out where they were going with the series and where they were headed. Not a bad series overall, just too bad they only got to do one arc.
Jumping in Headfirst - I hear reading it causes immortality. Warning. Reading may not actually cause immortality.
Oct 8, 2008 1:39 PM

Jun 2008
i hope they make a 2nd season; what with a cliffhanger ending and some new faces in the ending o_o;
Oct 19, 2008 6:50 AM

Oct 2008
Overall, I really liked this series. I mean, yes the 2nd season is a necessity now but the ending wasn't so bad. I understood why they had asked in the first episode what the life is, what the death is and the other questions. So it wasn't an open ending, it finished the first season's plot and began the second season's plot. We saw Toki's progress in the first season, now -if there will be a second season- we'll see Toki's fight to take Teiten's place.

I gave this anime 8/10.
Nov 23, 2008 4:30 PM

Mar 2008
A second season is definatly needed, the end of this is left wide freaken open.
Nov 26, 2008 1:21 AM

Nov 2007

i agree on the review.. its like an introduction on the reaL anime..

the ending of this anime gives you more questions.. i reaLLy hope that they made this longer.. *sigh! .. but i liked it..

kuchihaxsononome.. aha!
Dec 24, 2008 10:29 AM

May 2008
I want a second season soon T___T
I loved the anime but its too short!!
loved the Episode but I have so many unanswered questions ><"""
I want to know whats gonna happen to his friend T_T
I think I'll read the manga for now =_="
Jan 19, 2009 1:20 PM
Jan 2009
this anime really is good and will defiantly have a second season love this anime
Mar 26, 2009 7:17 PM

Jun 2008
I feel robbed of my closure. Great series though, I loved it. I hope there's a second season coming (one with more Shinonome in it). Time to read the manga!

7/10

Rule of Anime #18 - Law of Hemoglobin Capacity
The human body contains over 12 gallons of blood, sometimes more, under high pressure.
Apr 18, 2009 9:10 PM

Jul 2008
The ending could've been better...but I loved it
I will make a note to watch the second season ( hopefully:] )
8 out of 10
Utsubushi! haha :]
Jun 6, 2009 9:30 PM

Apr 2009
That was a great show, man there better be a 2nd season, or someone's gonna get hurt...>:D

Sep 24, 2009 6:36 PM

Feb 2008
I want moar Kuchiha!

“That which does not kill us makes us stronger.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Oct 8, 2009 10:40 AM

Jun 2009
It was a good show, i like this theme... but it was too short, the story barely started.
Kuchiha is a very nice character indeed.
Oct 15, 2009 10:20 AM

Jun 2009
kasumiJoanne said:
Huh! feel like bit unsatified with only 13 episodes.... it just cannot stop like that..

Yeah i think the same about it IIIIIIIIIIIIII want morrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Amatsuki Episode 3 Discussion

cyruz - Apr 30, 2008

35 by PatrickJaneFan »»
Dec 30, 2023 7:08 AM

Poll: » Amatsuki Episode 2 Discussion

hyunnie14 - Apr 14, 2008

39 by PatrickJaneFan »»
Dec 30, 2023 6:44 AM

Poll: » Amatsuki Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kayrhandros - Apr 4, 2008

69 by PatrickJaneFan »»
Dec 30, 2023 5:34 AM

» 2nd season?

SherryAi - Oct 3, 2008

18 by quercifolia »»
Nov 13, 2023 11:30 PM

Poll: » Amatsuki Episode 8 Discussion

Stjeppe - Jun 27, 2008

18 by Eyth »»
Oct 13, 2022 6:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.