Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (20) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Jan 10, 2021 11:41 AM
May 2017
??????what was those last 10 seconeds, di they just use a heroic ost for eren killing children and commiting terorism, this is the 3rd time they miss, ep1 with that titanfall scene, ep3 with that wierd trailer ost on reiner's past and now this??
Honestly this season was also a downgrade in ost placment not just animation,
Anything other than 2volt would've fitted the scene more.
We shouldn't hyped anime onlies for this that much
Oh and what's with those wierd and disgusting filters at the end, poor color chioces, never thought I would say that but onepiece ep had better production lol, and this ep was supposed to be s2ep6 V2 lol no chance
Reiner_undieableJan 10, 2021 11:46 AM
Jan 10, 2021 11:43 AM
Mar 2011
Why is everyone discussing the OST, animation, voice actors, and other technical stuff? I think if the result is good enough, these little details don't matter...

Also it seems that everyone is a manga reader... So you can't enjoy the show anymore, you can only overanalyze these little details?

I think it was a good episode, it seems the plot finally started to go somewhere after a 5 episode introduction.
Jan 10, 2021 11:44 AM

Oct 2018
again a really good episode with a beautiful final. Anime only, prepare yourself for a big battle ^^
Jan 10, 2021 11:44 AM
Jul 2016
DrkSeid69 said:
Oh my god... AOT fanbase's toxicity is way too much. They literally complain everything.

Yeah, AOT is my fav show but its fans toxicity often gives me a headache
Jan 10, 2021 11:45 AM

Oct 2020
Reiner_undieable said:
??????what was those last 10 seconeds, di they just use a heroic ost for eren killing children and commiting terorism, this is the 3rd time they miss, ep1 with that titanfall scene, ep3 with that wierd trailer ost on reiner's past and now this??
Anime onlies love this episode tho. They don't have OSTs prepared in advance in their head like manga readers who have been fapping to YOUSEEBIGGIRL for 3 years with motion manga.
Jan 10, 2021 11:46 AM

Jun 2020
I haven't read the manga so I don't know how much this follows, but I am really amazed that the animators didn't cut corners and showed detailed conversation and storytelling rather than jumping straight to action. This is a major plus point in favour of the show.
Dec 2020
I_Am_Freeballing said:
Reiner_undieable said:
Anime onlies love this episode tho. They don't have OSTs prepared in advance in their head like manga readers who have been fapping to YOUSEEBIGGIRL for 3 years with motion manga.
And oh my god, I don't understand how people didn't like the godly ost at the titan falling scene, that was epic. maybe they imagined YSBG even fo that part, cause fuck why not?

Dec 2020
WIT could have done it better. I could have waited longer just to see this scene done justice.
And I still don't understand why MAPPA put more work in series like Jujutsu Kaisen or God of Higschool, if Attack on Titan is the most successful and popular of all.
Jan 10, 2021 11:47 AM

Sep 2019
naens said:
Why is everyone discussing the OST, animation, voice actors, and other technical stuff? I think if the result is good enough, these little details don't matter...

Also it seems that everyone is a manga reader... So you can't enjoy the show anymore, you can only overanalyze these little details?

I think it was a good episode, it seems the plot finally started to go somewhere after a 5 episode introduction.

Hmm well some people are really salty, but for most people it just feels like a slight missed opportunity. It's great, no doubt, but there was a chance to make it even better. Still, for the most part, we're incredibly happy that it got animated in the first place.

Aug 2020
Harsha1314 said:
void_05 said:
Someone please give Reiner’s VA an award :o
Best VA 2021 (hhhhhhhh)

It really gave us the chills in this ep XD
May 2013
Its getting pretty annoying here in the anime only section. A lot of manga readers saying they skipped that and they should have done that better blabla.... nobody cares. If u want to complain about scenes getting cut that are different from in the manga. Go complain there for god sake.
Jan 10, 2021 11:48 AM

Mar 2014
LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO finally chapter 100 animated!! MAPPA GOATED

As a manga reader, I know that most of us had phenomenal expectations for this episode. In my opinion, the voice acting was great and so was the animation. I hope the anime watchers enjoyed it despite the usual complaining and nitpicking from manga readers!
Jan 10, 2021 11:48 AM
Sep 2018
I_Am_Freeballing said:

yeah dude. only the manga readers are complaining. they are overanalysing just to criticise somehwere and are unable to enjoy the episode even though it was SOOO GOOOD.

i honestly cant criticize the OST and its timing . it was fucking perfect
Jan 10, 2021 11:50 AM
May 2017
I_Am_Freeballing said:
Reiner_undieable said:
I wanted a new ost for this scene, wth were they thinking this scene deserve an ost specially for it I think there wasn't enough osts so they didn't know what ost to use or they don't understand the manga and think this is a heroic scene where the heroes kill the enemies,
Just rewatch s2ep6 they made the animation according to the ost this shold have been done here

Sep 2019
Imagine the world if episode discussions were about the story not how mappa bad wit good, r/anime is so much better at this, manga readers are spoilled af

May 2019
I_Am_Freeballing said:
Reiner_undieable said:

True. I've been forcing myself to be an anime-only just to get the "full experience" and I'm not disappointed at all. They delivered. Of course, I wasn't hyped for this scene because I didn't know about it lol.
If you read Eleceed you're automatically my friend.
Dec 2020
Danae said:
LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO finally chapter 100 animated!! MAPPA GOATED

As a manga reader, I know that most of us had phenomenal expectations for this episode. In my opinion, the voice acting was great and so was the animation. I hope the anime watchers enjoyed it despite the usual complaining and nitpicking from manga readers!
They surely will no doubt as is seen fromt he response of many jap anime onlies. once the sub comes out it will break the internet, especially next episode surely will
Jan 10, 2021 11:51 AM

Apr 2019
Arie Nai... eren

that transformation! damn!!!!

Jan 10, 2021 11:51 AM
Sep 2018
nanimeanswhat said:

True. I've been forcing myself to be an anime-only just to get the "full experience" and I'm not disappointed at all. They delivered. Of course, I wasn't hyped for this scene because I didn't know about it lol.

there are more hype ass scenes in this season. get ready to have heart attacks bro
Jan 10, 2021 11:52 AM
May 2013
Rdxrchi said:
Imagine the world if episode discussions were about the story not how mappa bad wit good, r/anime is so much better at this, manga readers are spoilled af
l
Manga readers are annoying af you mean. Go fucking discuss it in the manga only sections. They were annoying the other seasons but this season they are taking it to a another lvl
Jan 10, 2021 11:53 AM

Feb 2019
So... Over what exactly was my hype supposed to peak and my internet supposed to break?
Jan 10, 2021 11:54 AM

Apr 2013
Yes, as anime only, this is crazy episode & cliffhanger ending..
The OST is just perfect, not bad like manga reader have been complain about..

This moment scene will be same level with Reiner & Berthold reveals & Levi vs Zeke titan..

Thanks MAPPA..
Jan 10, 2021 11:55 AM

May 2019
beanie_weeny said:
nanimeanswhat said:

there are more hype ass scenes in this season. get ready to have heart attacks bro

I know, but I've been avoiding everything like my life depends on it lol. It's kind of a torture but it pays off. When I read the manga first I can never watch the anime with the same excitement for some reason. My hype mechanism doesn't work like that.
If you read Eleceed you're automatically my friend.
Jan 10, 2021 11:56 AM

Apr 2013
Kosmonaut said:
So... Over what exactly was my hype supposed to peak and my internet supposed to break?
Considering how you’ve rated prior seasons 5s or 6s it probably wasn’t going to make you hyphy. Props on forcing yourself to watch something you obviously dislike tho.
Jan 10, 2021 11:57 AM
Sep 2018
nanimeanswhat said:

I know, but I've been avoiding everything like my life depends on it lol. It's kind of a torture but it pays off. When I read the manga first I can never watch the anime with the same excitement for some reason. My hype mechanism doesn't work like that.

honestly dont ever read the manga lol. i still think the anime of AoT is waaay better than the manga.
Jan 10, 2021 11:58 AM

Jun 2020
On that day, humanity received a grim reminder...

that people can died 2 seconds later after they declared war.
G_ExcelJan 10, 2021 3:15 PM
Jan 10, 2021 11:58 AM

Sep 2019
naens said:
I think if the result is good enough, these little details don't matter...

It matters if Wit could have done a better job. When you change production studios midway for some seemingly obtuse reasons you gotta expect this overly critical attitude from people.
Jan 10, 2021 11:59 AM
Dec 2020
beanie_weeny said:
nanimeanswhat said:

honestly dont ever read the manga lol. i still think the anime of AoT is waaay better than the manga.
well the thing with manga readers is that when they know an anime adaptation is going to happen and especially when its a continuation, they picture stuff a certain way and when that doesn't happen, the hype doesn't hit exactly the same............

But they still won't stop doing what they do no matter what
Jan 10, 2021 11:59 AM
Jul 2016
Sourire said:
Kosmonaut said:
Considering how you’ve rated prior seasons 5s or 6s it probably wasn’t going to make you hyphy. Props on forcing yourself to watch something you obviously dislike tho.

Was about to comment this after seeing his score of previous seasons lmao. If he didnt enjoy the prior contents at all ofc he wont enjoy this season..
Jan 10, 2021 12:00 PM

Oct 2020
So by the preview I see titans are 2D and not 3D , there is hope after all <3
処刑課師匠
Jan 10, 2021 12:01 PM

Apr 2014
Can't wait to see Eren fuck their shit up. Warhammer thinks hes got a chance? ERIN WAS FORGED BY THE FLAMES OF BATTLE BITCH.

Almost fucking came when i saw Armin too. SHITS GOING DOWN. Will he transform next episode? What about annie, is she out of her crystal after 4 years? What about that asian lady too? Who is she? Did she know about the attack? Why did she leave???

Hope the trainee kids get eaten and Reiners mom gets smashed.

Welp, time to wait a week :''''[

----------------

OOOOO one more thing. Ik armin directed beast to the front gate... was someone waiting there for him?:OOOOOO

-------------

Wow people are more focused on rating the episode and failing their expectations than enjoying the show lmao... scum
dddddaisukiJan 10, 2021 12:06 PM
oh snap
Dec 2020
heitoo said:
naens said:
I think if the result is good enough, these little details don't matter...

It matters if Wit could have done a better job. When you change production studios midway for some seemingly obtuse reasons you gotta expect this overly critical attitude from people.
yep. they'd totally ignore what happened with Levi vs beat Titan ost......
Honestly I don't care what the fuck they are going to say to me now that scene was supposed to be equally as hype as this one.
Jan 2020
OMG that titan transformation was sooo hype!

10/10

Aug 2019
When XL-TT was playing, the OST was foreboding, and told the audience that something bad may be about to happen, all wasn't as it seemed.

When the OST stopped and the dialogue continued, Tybur spoke about being "born into this world", Eren seemed genuinely surprised and let off a rueful smile ... at this point you genuinely weren't sure whether Eren had forgiven Reiner and was willing to make peace with Tyber and Marley, or wanted to destroy them.

Had a "hype" OST continued playing through that part of the episode, you would have known exactly what was about to happen.

That was my take on the sound-direction choice that was taken at the end of that episode in order to build tension.

Nov 2010
For an episode that was supposed to break the internet, under 90% 5-stars is not impressive. Look at episode 19 of Kimetsu to see what an actual showstopper looks like.
May 2020
This isn't supposed to break the internet in terms of action-sequence. This episode was a build-up for the counter-attack on the enemies of Paradis. Action starts next episode. Just clarifying in case you expected some sakuga 4d jumping
Jan 10, 2021 12:02 PM

Feb 2019
Sourire said:
Kosmonaut said:
Oh, so I'm not supposed to watch things I consider average or just fine, because that means I actively disliked it, not that I see issues in it, I see. Thanks for teaching me how to give ratings properly.

Jul 2017
bruh it really had to end right at the most interesting part lol? Well I guess it goes to show how quickly that speech flew by

Mar 2009
Actually that was quite tricky episode, because it contained practiacally zero animation.
That was mostly a slideshow, some mixture of simple efortless animation with camera mooving around.
Anyway I'm still withholding my rating.
I'm very curious how the studio will handle the next week fight... this is going to be very important point in whole season and Mappa won't evade animation that easily.
OkashJan 10, 2021 12:08 PM
Jan 10, 2021 12:03 PM

Oct 2020
Reiner_undieable said:
I_Am_Freeballing said:
I wanted a new ost for this scene, wth were they thinking this scene deserve an ost specially for it I think there wasn't enough osts so they didn't know what ost to use or they don't understand the manga and think this is a heroic scene where the heroes kill the enemies,
Just rewatch s2ep6 they made the animation according to the ost this shold have been done here
There is NO wrong OST to choose, you either like it or you don't.
Jan 10, 2021 12:06 PM

May 2016
dicecop said:
I know I should have kept my expectations low but man, they really didn't do the ending justice at all. Not to mention that they are aparently going for a monotone, dead inside Eren. They didn't even attempt to convey his emotions other than the single smile towards the end. Meh. Mappa not so goat this week

what? eren was meant to portray little to no emotions until the end when he says the iconic keep moving forward until i kill all my enemies line
I sacrifice
Jan 10, 2021 12:06 PM
Dec 2020
Okash said:
Actually that was quite tricky episode, because it contained practiacally zero animation.
That was mostly a slideshow, some mixture of simple efortless animation with camera mooving around.
Anyway I'm still withholding my rating. I'm curious how the studio will handle the next week fight... they won't they won't evade animation that easily
yes a lot of stills indeed, but the effects and animation in the end paid of pretty well I'd say. Also the speech was phenomenal
Jan 10, 2021 12:07 PM

Jul 2019
I_Am_Freeballing said:
Reiner_undieable said:
There is NO wrong OST to choose, you either like it or you don't.
surely there is, you can't just throw in anything and expect it to work, even for aot.
Jan 10, 2021 12:10 PM
Oct 2016
War. What is it good for? Absolutely nothin. Without getting into spoilers I'd say personally its all downhill from here. We begin the descent with this episode. Eren has made his move, going to confront Reiner and speak to him saying how they're not that different. The people across the ocean and the people inside the walls, not too different really. Certainly a tense situation with Falco standing right there confused as can be. Feel awful for the kid, he thought that Eren and Reiner were good buddies he didn't know what would happen. Willy making his Grand speech declaring war against Paradis Island while also telling everyone the truth about the King. Big shocks this episode. Now things go sideways in the chaos.
Jan 10, 2021 12:11 PM
Mar 2011
heitoo said:

I understand that some people might be interested in discussing this kind of stuff, but if you read it from the point of view of someone who doesn't really care about it, it's 5 pages of it and nothing else... There is no plot analysis, no character development discussion, nothing.
Oct 2020
Wow, what a great episode. My palms were sweaty the entire time and my heart felt like it would fall out of my chest. Coming from an anime-only, I was super impressed with how MAPPA kept the suspense throughout the entire show. Also, the slight change in Eren's expression after Willy says "after all I was born into this world" was a great touch. Such an amazing episode 10/10.

Jul 2020
great cliff hanger, why didn't youseebiggirl play ;///

Jan 10, 2021 12:12 PM

Oct 2014
keragamming said:
This remind me of season 3 part 2 where some users were disappointed with the ost used for the beast titan vs levi fight. Dejavu.

But it still didn't stop it from becoming one of the most loved episode in attack on titan.

How come people were disappointed with that fight? I remember there was overwhelming positive feedback unless those guys claimed that Kamiya carried the scene.

Jan 10, 2021 12:12 PM
May 2020
I sure hope anime-onlies didn't expect 15 minute of action in this episode after all the overhyping by the manga readers. This was just the start of it
Jan 10, 2021 12:13 PM
Dec 2020
LordPerucho said:
keragamming said:
This remind me of season 3 part 2 where some users were disappointed with the ost used for the beast titan vs levi fight. Dejavu.

But it still didn't stop it from becoming one of the most loved episode in attack on titan.

How come people were disappointed with that fight? I remember there was overwhelming positive feedback unless those guys claimed that Kamiya carried the scene.
not exactly the fight scene but the manga readers were salty about the ost use
Pages (20) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Mar 28, 2021

692 by wibugar »»
May 10, 1:11 AM

» The one thing I dont understand now is, why WIT censored so much the violence?

MAQS - Dec 20, 2020

26 by SoughtLi »»
Apr 28, 7:26 PM

Poll: » If Eren was in avatar...

TASM18 - Apr 17

18 by belugaanime »»
Apr 19, 2:12 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 7, 2021

513 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Apr 13, 8:01 AM

» Isayama: The Perfect Architect ( 1 2 )

Mikasa - Mar 29, 2021

65 by benisfroms »»
Apr 10, 8:21 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.