Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 31, 2020 8:12 AM

Oct 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well after watching this episode I kinda have bad feelings about some stuff but let's hope those stuff dun happen.

So Roxy sensei is a loli demon huh, that's cute. She made friends with the villagers in such a short time and most of all I love her relationship with the protag. Like he said even if it was unintentional she did save him from his trauma which is really amazing. The farewell was pretty touching but not too emotional since it's been only two episodes. Thou I hope we get to see her again someday and Rudy gets to keep his promise of marrying her. Also lol That masterbate scene caught me offguard but that was...

For now these two preair episodes were pretty nice and I hope the actual episodes are even better in terms of visual and animation. Now gotta wait like a month for episode 3 XD.
Dec 31, 2020 8:49 AM

Sep 2020
I am expecting something great out of this
I am a useless student of society.
Tests are my body and Grades are my blood.
I have done over a thousand assignments.
Unseen by teachers,
nor done properly.
Yet, those hands shall never hold an outstanding grade.
So, as I pray...
Unlimited Homeworks.
Dec 31, 2020 9:15 AM

Jan 2009
oh wow even his past life trauma is also intact huh but he does not realize he is at least a good looking chad now? unlike his past life where he is basically a fat ugly bastard on hentai

Roxy is gone now huh but seems to be she will be back again in later episodes judging by the ED visuals

Rudy is a genius magician for sure though
Dec 31, 2020 9:36 AM
Mar 2018
deg said:
oh wow even his past life trauma is also intact huh but he does not realize he is at least a good looking chad now? unlike his past life where he is basically a fat ugly bastard on hentai

Roxy is gone now huh but seems to be she will be back again in later episodes judging by the ED visuals

Rudy is a genius magician for sure though

Well that's why it's called trauma, even if you can reason, it's difficult to get rid of it.
Dec 31, 2020 9:41 AM

Jan 2009
darkoleptique said:
Well that's why it's called trauma, even if you can reason, it's difficult to get rid of it.

true that maybe the reason why reincarnation in stories is suppose to be a blank state with no past life memories so that all past life traumas are gone too
Dec 31, 2020 10:11 AM
Mar 2018
deg said:
darkoleptique said:

true that maybe the reason why reincarnation in stories is suppose to be a blank state with no past life memories so that all past life traumas are gone too

And that's why I find this one so interesting.
Dec 31, 2020 1:32 PM

Sep 2017
Not gonna lie, I laughed so much when the horse got struck by the lightning
I'm going straight to hell for this
Dec 31, 2020 1:37 PM

Mar 2020
Roxy really is a good person, she managed to heal Rudy's trauma without even wanting to and is still loved by everyone in the village, a pity that she felt inferior in relation to Rudy.
Paul and Zenith's rivalry to know what Rudy will learn first is fun to watch.
"I don't want to achieve anything, I just think that the person who has the greatest freedom in the ocean is the king of pirates." - Monkey D. Luffy.
"There is no one better than me when it comes to ending the expectations of others." - Natsuki Subaru
Dec 31, 2020 9:54 PM

Jul 2017
As if the past life hasn't made one thing clear, the world is full of sexual "impurities", and Roxy is another addition to add to the mix. But nothing is more tramuatic than Rudy's past, and it shows.

Nice that Roxy is a really empathetic person, being friends with the village, integrating well into Rudy's family and implant "Healing" to his heart.

The magic though, if there's a pre-air visual that is competent of the animation quality to expect going forward, it's the magic formation.

Damuzen said:
Not gonna lie, I laughed so much when the horse got struck by the lightning
I'm going straight to hell for this
Also, NGL, it was "instant karma"?

Hope to see you again Roxy! Also, her panties for memorabilia, what a way to finish this episode. Also, Yuiko Oohara's a double-scorer for the OST.

A very good thing that this is 2-cours long, albeit a split-cour. Now I'm really enthralled to check out the LN/manga.
Dec 31, 2020 10:39 PM

Jan 2020
This has got to be the most perfect light novel adaptation anyone can ask for, they even got Sugita (Gintoki) monologuing rudy's inside thoughts. Lmao the comedy scenes are too hilarious. 10/10 episode Finally an isekai that actually feels like an adventure!
KatoWorksDec 31, 2020 10:43 PM
Dec 31, 2020 11:08 PM

Apr 2020
Roxy is very good person she healed Rudy's trauma, but unfortunately she left, and I hope to see her again.

I feel bad for the horse, lol
Dec 31, 2020 11:36 PM
May 2014
Greatoooooo Daze
Jan 1, 2021 6:13 AM
Nov 2015
Cannot wait the serious arc after all this heart warming tutorial arc.

Like flipping a table.
Jan 1, 2021 6:36 AM

Jan 2016
I haven't had chills like watching this in a while, mostly because it's my favorite LN of all time

It's an amazing adaptation, the only thing I slightly missed Rudeus inner monoluges when he casted cumulonimbus, which showcased how well of an understanding he has of magic and what's underneath the "NEET"

They also did a really good job of explaining why he's such a degenerate which was one of my biggest fear with this adaptation, something the Manga couldn't do well

Also, bless Roxy!

The ending is also great, I might just like it more than the opening but I'll have to see the opening visuals first before I judge
Jan 1, 2021 6:41 PM

May 2019
I started MT by manga and i can tell, the Anime did a LOT better job to show us the issues about his trauma and Roxy helping to fix it.

Also, his realization that doing a great exihbition for graduation test would means goodbye for Roxy and even so he managed to do the BEST he could, all that scene was pure gold, the great moment of this episode.

No, i think it is one of the great moment of Anime in 2021's winter season, released still in 2020!

Roxy Farewell also punch me hard in the feels. I could not be more pleased by this anime adaption.

Jan 1, 2021 6:47 PM
Jan 2017
i liked this anime so much it gives me a big hope for this winter animes, i liked their way to show some ecchi scenes with sense of humor and the mc i really liked his character (not in real life tho) Roxy is one of the best characters in the anime specially that she has the same VA as mona from genshin, and it was sad to see her leave :(
Jan 1, 2021 7:30 PM

May 2019
Thinking now, after the scorched horse and this, with a kid 5 years old:

The real graduation test for Rudy was, 1st, survive.
Jan 1, 2021 9:36 PM

Aug 2020
2 episodes are already out?
Jan 2, 2021 2:41 AM

Nov 2010
is it just me or was that masturbation scene with Roxy unnecessary?

edit: got my question answered already. Only 1 person provided a detailed explanation rather than people just saying yes without any context lmfao
MrAddictJan 18, 2021 6:20 PM

"🇮‌🇹‌'🇸‌ 🇳‌🇴‌🇹‌ 🇱‌🇮‌🇰‌🇪‌ 🇮‌ 🇨‌🇦‌🇳‌'🇹‌ 🇹‌🇦‌🇱‌🇰‌ 🇹‌🇴‌ 🇵‌🇪‌🇴‌🇵‌🇱‌🇪‌. 🇮‌ 🇯‌🇺‌🇸‌🇹‌ 🇩‌🇴‌🇳‌'🇹‌ 🇮‌🇳‌🇩‌🇺‌🇱‌🇬‌🇪‌ 🇮‌🇳‌ 🇵‌🇴‌🇮‌🇳‌🇹‌🇱‌🇪‌🇸‌🇸‌ 🇸‌🇲‌🇦‌🇱‌🇱‌ 🇹‌🇦‌🇱‌🇰‌🇸‌."

Jan 2, 2021 4:30 AM
Nov 2020
Wow,it was nice.I think the Rudy will go to the city Roxy told him about.
Now,it is a question for manga and light novel reader (I don't know if it spoil or no)
Jan 2, 2021 4:39 AM
Mar 2018
Curious_Neko said:
Now,it is a question for manga and light novel reader (I don't know if it spoil or no)

This is anime only discussion, please do not ask questions about possible spoilers in this thread.
Jan 2, 2021 7:17 AM
Nov 2020
darkoleptique said:
Curious_Neko said:

This is anime only discussion, please do not ask questions about possible spoilers in this thread.

Ok,sorry for bothering
Jan 2, 2021 8:14 AM
Jun 2020
Goodbye Sensei :'v. But what a good OST for the teacher's farewell and for the graduation exam. Apparently he stars if he has trauma. If the anime continues like this, it will probably be one of the best iseakis. A bit of fanservice, but not as annoying as in other isekais, I hope it continues to maintain its style and does not become generic. Now to wait 3 weeks to see the next one.
Jan 2, 2021 11:05 AM
Dec 2020
Rudy had gone to saint rank in only two episodes. I'm excited to see what happens next! I haven't watched much anime, though. This is a great anime so far!
Jan 2, 2021 12:54 PM
Sep 2019
After watching the 1st and 2nd episodes I kind of started to like this show (I hate Isekai and don't watch it in general)
There's some decent production and the comedy touches here and there are funny.
Jan 2, 2021 1:01 PM
Apr 2020
Seems like a typical isekai with a twist, what can I say, it's been good so far.
Jan 2, 2021 2:46 PM

Jul 2019
Jesus, ill be honest, although i cringed a shit ton almost everytime there was a fanservice scene (especially the roxy masturbation), this is actually amazing. As someone who loves the original material despite its many flaws, this adaptation literally could not be better in any shape or form. Animation is incredible (the water intermediate magic scene in episode 1 was insane), the art is incredible, the background art is incredible, the compositing is incredible and the pacing is perfect, this is an adaptation in 1 in 200. I was someone who thought the beginning of mushoku was just trash until the "certain event", episode 2 in particular changed my mind, mushoku was and is indeed good right at the beginning, it just gets a lot better as it goes.
Jan 2, 2021 2:52 PM

Sep 2019
I was feeling sad about Roxy leaving but the panties at the end got me lol. I wonder when he'll get over his trauma, or is he even going to get over it? It seems like a deep wound.
Jan 2, 2021 5:59 PM
Nobu Enjoyer

Apr 2020
I seriously wasn't prepared to hear the parents having loud passionate sex and then the loli sensei just listening and choosing to rub one out

Other than that, I'm amazed by the development thus far. You love to see NEET rehabilitation
Jan 2, 2021 9:36 PM

Sep 2019
That horse scene was really funny. For now these two episodes were great. I like loli sensei, she's cute.
Jan 3, 2021 3:58 PM
Apr 2019
MrAddict said:

Think about it: How many people live in that house?

If you have read the source material then you will find the answer.
Jan 3, 2021 4:50 PM

Nov 2010
copynpaste said:
MrAddict said:

Think about it: How many people live in that house?

If you have read the source material then you will find the answer.

It's no brainer that she would also hear them lol. Obviously, I'm asking this question because I'm an anime watcher and I'm curious. Then spoil me the answer from the source material.
MrAddictJan 3, 2021 4:53 PM

"🇮‌🇹‌'🇸‌ 🇳‌🇴‌🇹‌ 🇱‌🇮‌🇰‌🇪‌ 🇮‌ 🇨‌🇦‌🇳‌'🇹‌ 🇹‌🇦‌🇱‌🇰‌ 🇹‌🇴‌ 🇵‌🇪‌🇴‌🇵‌🇱‌🇪‌. 🇮‌ 🇯‌🇺‌🇸‌🇹‌ 🇩‌🇴‌🇳‌'🇹‌ 🇮‌🇳‌🇩‌🇺‌🇱‌🇬‌🇪‌ 🇮‌🇳‌ 🇵‌🇴‌🇮‌🇳‌🇹‌🇱‌🇪‌🇸‌🇸‌ 🇸‌🇲‌🇦‌🇱‌🇱‌ 🇹‌🇦‌🇱‌🇰‌🇸‌."

Jan 4, 2021 10:41 AM
Jul 2018
roxy and cool i want to see her again

Mod Edit: Removed unrelated picture. Please use your signature.
Koito91Jan 18, 2021 12:39 PM
Jan 4, 2021 11:21 AM

Sep 2016
^ lol the guy above is pasting a picture at the end of his post, probably to circumvent a signature block, reminds me of something, lol

Amazing start, amazing first 2 episodes.
Astounding animations, no crapGI crap, perfect!

Also, it does seem that this at least won't have any type of "censorship".
Literally the starting scene, a good look on a horrible wound, with blood and visible ribs.
The parents going at it, Roxy doing ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°), Rudeus being a perv madlad, and such, LOL
They even included a full view of Rudeus' peepee in the bath scene, LOL
This one won't spare anyone and anything! lol.

That said, one thing icks me but only slightly.

bruh
Jan 4, 2021 12:27 PM
Jan 2013
Curious_Neko said:

To answer your question:

Jan 4, 2021 2:00 PM

Sep 2017
I have huge expectations, this is my 3th LN of all time, so please continue like this, not rush too much.
Love it for now.
Jan 4, 2021 3:01 PM
Mar 2018
Hikky_is_batman said:
I have huge expectations, this is my 3th LN of all time, so please continue like this, not rush too much.
Love it for now.

What are the 1st and 2nd ?
Jan 4, 2021 3:25 PM

Sep 2017
darkoleptique said:
Hikky_is_batman said:
Love it for now.

1st Grimgar , 2nd Oregairu, yeah i know, strange TOP3, but that is it for me XD.
Jan 4, 2021 5:54 PM
Sep 2020
MegamiRem said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well after watching this episode I kinda have bad feelings about some stuff but let's hope those stuff dun happen.

So Roxy sensei is a loli demon huh, that's cute. She made friends with the villagers in such a short time and most of all I love her relationship with the protag. Like he said even if it was unintentional she did save him from his trauma which is really amazing. The farewell was pretty touching but not too emotional since it's been only two episodes. Thou I hope we get to see her again someday and Rudy gets to keep his promise of marrying her. Also lol That masterbate scene caught me offguard but that was...

For now these two preair episodes were pretty nice and I hope the actual episodes are even better in terms of visual and animation. Now gotta wait like a month for episode 3 XD.

I’m also afraid that either roxy or the parents are going to get killed

I really like Roxy’s character tho and i’m excited to see where this show goes

I’m already liking it a lot and this show has already done more to characterize Rudy than most shows do for their MCs for the whole series, especially in regards to his trauma and how Roxy helped him get over it

It’ll be very interesting to see how much more timeskips there will be before there’s a main story too

I noticed a green haired girl in the OP so i wonder what’s going to happen there
Jan 5, 2021 2:33 AM
Mar 2018
Hikky_is_batman said:
darkoleptique said:

1st Grimgar , 2nd Oregairu, yeah i know, strange TOP3, but that is it for me XD.

I love grimgar too, but I didn't read Oregairu. My personal favorites are (along with Mushoku Tensei and Grimgar) DanMachi, The empty box and the zeroth Maria, Ascendance of a bookworm, Lazy Dungeon Master. If you don't know them you should check them out, maybe you'll like them too.
Jan 5, 2021 5:31 PM

Aug 2020
I'm invested.

MC seems to be a UB Neet and he has his reasons. Though not a good pairing but hey, everyone loves a redemption arc. I'm kinda worried he is too op now and not much will happen later but we'll see. Honestly this would already pass as a short film/movie. Looking forward to this. I'll miss Roxy lol. It's good that he kinda lost his perverted feelings for her and looked up to her as a sensei.

btw I think the Roxy scene was necessary for the plot
Jan 5, 2021 8:09 PM

Dec 2014
oooh nice, Rude is now a saint-rank water magician. goodbye for now Roxy!!!
and i saw best girl Eris in the ed. double nice.
Jan 6, 2021 4:00 AM
Sep 2018
Just wow. Really love the adaptation. So anyways...

I couldn't really picture Tomokazu voicing MC, but he actually could carry this show.
Also I love Roxy's voice (Kohara, Konomi). Roxy was my favorite to begin with so this is great.

First MC says that at his 5th birthday Roxy's been teaching him for 1.5 years and right after that we have them do the graduation test, with MC saying that Roxy was for 2 years with them. It's probably just a change the anime made to save time, but in the WN Roxy started teaching Rudey shortly after he became 3 years old and she continued teaching him even after his 5th birthday so all in all he was her student for about 2 years.

Also really liked how they showed Roxy reaching out with her hand trying to use magic without chanting. Nice way of showing she has an inferiority complex towards Rudey. Being better at something doesn't mean people will simply admire you, it births envy too.

Also it wasn't mentioned in the anime, though you can deduce it, Roxy is of course older than she looks.
EvilSociopath323Jan 6, 2021 4:15 AM
Jan 6, 2021 4:35 AM
Sep 2018
dompsterfire said:
I'm invested.

MC seems to be a UB Neet and he has his reasons. Though not a good pairing but hey, everyone loves a redemption arc. I'm kinda worried he is too op now and not much will happen later but we'll see. Honestly this would already pass as a short film/movie. Looking forward to this. I'll miss Roxy lol. It's good that he kinda lost his perverted feelings for her and looked up to her as a sensei.

He's an excellent mage but Paulo at his birthday speech was right. Mages are glass canons weak at close quarters combat. Swordsman are the true cheats in their world. Like Paulo slicing a rock in two with a wooden sword?
Jan 6, 2021 4:49 AM

Aug 2020
EvilSociopath323 said:
dompsterfire said:
I'm invested.

He's an excellent mage but Paulo at his birthday speech was right. Mages are glass canons weak at close quarters combat. Swordsman are the true cheats in their world. Like Paulo slicing a rock in two with a wooden sword?
that's some demon slayer kinda stuff. Yeah now that you said it. I guess physical strength is still utmost importance.
Jan 6, 2021 7:03 AM
Sep 2018
MrAddict said:

I think it was unnecessary but also justified. It's just that there were probably other ways to convey what the scene wanted to tell.

Jan 6, 2021 11:28 AM

Nov 2010
EvilSociopath323 said:
MrAddict said:

I think it was unnecessary but also justified. It's just that there were probably other ways to convey what the scene wanted to tell.

This makes much more sense now! Thank you for explaining it!

Jan 6, 2021 2:51 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
well damn, this was alot lewder than i expected<333
Jan 6, 2021 8:03 PM

Dec 2017
It is an "isekai" with a very typical "isekai" start, very cliché, but with a difference that immediately has a great emphasis on visual quality.

He adapted only three chapters of the manga in the first two episodes, which was great because that part is very much
hurried in the manga. It gave a certain rhythm to introduce and evolve the characters in a way that we care and we are touched by them. Great hit! I only regret the cut of an ecchi scene (it was not adapted).
Tiago_Vaz_007Jan 7, 2021 5:43 AM

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jan 6, 2021 8:44 PM

Dec 2019
Another dumb, trash, cringey, self insert and generic Isekai, not wasting my time on this.
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Is Season 2, Part 1 as good as Season 1?

GoatPieceLuffy - Apr 24

23 by R0r5ch4ch »»
Yesterday, 2:03 PM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2021

467 by Hayley2877 »»
Yesterday, 1:32 PM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2021

229 by Hayley2877 »»
Yesterday, 1:01 PM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2021

336 by Hayley2877 »»
Yesterday, 12:40 PM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2021

439 by Hayley2877 »»
Yesterday, 12:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.