Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Dec 6, 2020 7:05 PM

Jul 2020
keragamming said:
chiearlymorning said:
it was great when the episode focused on the trenches but it got worse towards the end when all the fights were cgi.

Was the blur bad for you? Because I didn't notice I only saw one person mention the blur.

That person may no even watched the episode.Can you tag the person please?I would like to have a word with him.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Dec 6, 2020 7:06 PM
Jul 2018
MironBiron said:
SirTristram said:
It's not that they couldn't reach Wit's quality, this is also MAPPA at it's worst.

I agree with you a 1000% percent here.

This shit doesn’t come close to the overall quality/vision of Kakegurui, Dorohedoro, Garo: Vanishing Line, Dororo, Banana Fish or Yuri on Ice.

if only we got the team that worked on Jujutsu Kaisen on this.
Dec 6, 2020 7:07 PM
Jul 2020
DissapointmentA said:
atleast with WIT only the colossal was CGI,now every titan will be CGI garbage(beast titan looks HORRIBLE). and the general animation is not better then WIT to justfiy it. i'd go with WIT any day.

also the backgrounds and blur are still garbage.

and this is supposed to be one of the best animated episodes (future episode will decrease in quality when its in tight production like this)

Sad... should've have went to ufotable or something if anything,we can wait 2 years for quality WIT show god damn it.

How sad is your life man? You made an account just to trash on AOT? Do your parents not love you? Don't you have any friends? I actually feel bad for you. Hope you can turn your life around.
Dec 6, 2020 7:12 PM

Aug 2019
some of you are remembering Wit with some ridiculous colored tinted glasses.

Go watch S3P2 again, this was not worse than the average episode.

Will have to wait for the adaptation of the important chapters (99-105) to compare them with Perfect Game & Hero.
Dec 6, 2020 7:12 PM

May 2020
kisuke_dono said:
How sad is your life man? You made an account just to trash on AOT? Do your parents not love you? Don't you have any friends? I actually feel bad for you. Hope you can turn your life around.

Lol you're not much better tbh. Are people this offensive in MAL like seriously?
Dec 6, 2020 7:14 PM
May 2020
I agree that CGI wasn't 100% perfect, but man, people are REALLY trying to shit on AOT with their newly made accounts. This is embarrassing
Dec 6, 2020 7:19 PM

Oct 2017
Except for Beast Titan CG other titans looked cool. So I dun see any reason to complain.
Dec 6, 2020 7:24 PM

Jul 2020
I'm actually surprised that Twitter is clean without all the toxicity lol.I think mal has now become the new twitter.Many are saying cgi was clean.The users who are saying cgi is bad are just shit heads who haven't even watched the episode

To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Dec 6, 2020 7:24 PM

Jul 2020
wakenowakane said:
Boi can we just agree that the CGI was comically shit and that the story (once again) will have to carry this season?

Also why tf is everyone rating this a 10/10 and shitting on people rating it a 1/10? That's just peak hypocrisy lmao.MAL seriously needs to remove ratings when a sequel is airing ffs.

It was a decent enough episode and it will get better, otherwise I'll go and riot on twitter lmao.

When people rate a season a 1 without even watching is also bad you know.

To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Dec 6, 2020 7:28 PM
Jul 2020
Gilgameshuu said:
kisuke_dono said:

Lol you're not much better tbh. Are people this offensive in MAL like seriously?

Mal threads are cancerous.
Dec 6, 2020 7:29 PM
Feb 2020
The animation was good and the episode was also great.I have no problem.CGI is not totally shit.
Dec 6, 2020 7:33 PM

Aug 2019
Scordolo said:
I'm actually surprised that Twitter is clean without all the toxicity lol.I think mal has now become the new twitter.Many are saying cgi was clean.The users who are saying cgi is bad are just shit heads who haven't even watched the episode

Everywhere I've seen, like forums from my country, have been almost pure positivity, it's here where it's forming a circlejerk of negativity.
Dec 6, 2020 7:38 PM

Aug 2011
guys don't you see it... The studio change was made deliberately to show how brutal Wit fans and Mappa appreciators can be to each other in the comment war. AoT is breaking the media boundaries, what a masterpiece
Dec 6, 2020 7:40 PM

Aug 2012
Scordolo said:

You realize that social media users that follow SNK are mostly fans, right?
If this was the first season of a new anime, there wouldnt be that many positive reviews
they are biased. its not like the CGI makes this season a 1/10 but for me it ruins the rating.
Instead of rating 10/10 I am going to give it 9/10
Its not perfect but its still good. The plot saves it. I am not into this action filler battles
Dec 6, 2020 7:41 PM

Oct 2015
Funseco said:
Scordolo said:

If this was the first season of a new anime you wouldnt get that many positive reviews
they are biased. its not like the CGI makes this season a 1/10 but for me it ruins the rating.
Its not perfect
bruh the fans are the ones that are the most toxic about everything being perfect lmao, the circlejerk negativity in MAL is insane. it's always the same complaints all over again each season.

it's been around since s1, always the same complaints and magically seeing the previous season's animation with rose-tinted glasses when it's not as "perfect" as you might have remembered it to be. like seriously, the over-exaggeration of the cgi being shit is completely overblown especially if you've seen the colossal titan on s3 lmao
EGOISTDec 6, 2020 8:30 PM
Dec 6, 2020 7:48 PM

Aug 2019
Funseco said:
Scordolo said:

If this was the first season of a new anime, there wouldnt be that many positive reviews
Its not perfect but its still good. The plot saves it. I am not into this action filler battles

I actually feel that some of the past seasons hardcore fans are the ones being more negative/critical right now.

Sure, there are the typical haters that come and go, the series could have Demon Slayer animation quality and they still would drop their hot take and go, but are the hardcore, Wit fans, the ones that are being more exaggerated with the complains and will stay week after week. They're just looking at everything to compare with the best aspects of Wit.

I repeat that I think that many are remembering Wit with colored tinted glasses, Wit of S2 was peak animation quality, but the average S3 quality wasn't particulary better than this, but the thing about Wit is that they ALWAYS knocked the important scenes out of the park, their highs, like "Hero" are untouchable, I just can hope that Mappa does something similar with the adaptation of chapters 99-105.
cAbaddonDec 6, 2020 7:52 PM
Dec 6, 2020 8:05 PM
Jul 2013
Idk I feel like people who make posts like these accidentally watched the fan animations on youtube...
The fucking CGI titans were smooth AF...Galliard looked amazing, Pieck was fucking good too, like seriously...in the action scenes you could HARDLY notice the CGI, unless you literally make it your main objective before the episode even starts to sit there and pinpoint anything that looks even remotely CGI like.
If WIT's titans are 10/10 then Mappa's are at least 9/10, with beast titan maybe an 8/10, but people make it feel like they created the beast titan in power point. Even the Reiner waving scene wasn't bad. It wasn't bad at all. You could notice it was CGI, but that's about it. I really wonder if we even watched the same episode. Mappa put so much love and passion into this, it's freaking obvious, but people treat it like they took the manga panels, colorized them, pasted the 3D CGI power point titans on top of it, put them in a slideshow and used interpolation software to make it move...people hating on Mappa for no reason. They deserve all the credit in the world for the amazing job they've done.

Trolls like this just sit there, notepad ready, waiting patiently like: "Not here...not here either...not heee-THERE! THERE IT IS! 0.5 SECONDS OF SLIGHTLY NOTICEABLE CGI!" *mumbles time as they write down timestamp*
Hand on mouse->move mouse over browser->click->go to MAL->Shingeki no Kyojin forum->MaPpa fuCkInG RuINeD AtTaCk oN TiTAn LITERALLY UNWATCHABLESIAPFIAOSIJ.....

Lately the SNK fandom, parts of it at least, have reached demon slayer fandom levels of obnoxious.
Dec 6, 2020 8:10 PM

Jul 2020
cAbaddon said:
Funseco said:

I actually feel that some of the past seasons hardcore fans are the ones being more negative/critical right now.

Sure, there are the typical haters that come and go, the series could have Demon Slayer animation quality and they still would drop their hot take and go, but are the hardcore, Wit fans, the ones that are being more exaggerated with the complains and will stay week after week. They're just looking at everything to compare with the best aspects of Wit.

I repeat that I think that many are remembering Wit with colored tinted glasses, Wit of S2 was peak animation quality, but the average S3 quality wasn't particulary better than this, but the thing about Wit is that they ALWAYS knocked the important scenes out of the park, their highs, like "Hero" are untouchable, I just can hope that Mappa does something similar with the adaptation of chapters 99-105.

Nope.There are the ones who've hated Snk from the start.

To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Dec 6, 2020 8:12 PM
Mar 2019
I normally don't even comment on these kinds of posts bc they're all stupid, but come on dude. The CGI wasn't the best, but I'd say it is LEAGUES above what you normally get in anime; in fact, this entire episode is clearly evident that the final season is going to be a step above the quality of most anime, like the previous seasons.
We are super lucky to have MAPPA taking on the project, as every studio knew it was going to be a hell production bc of time restraints, and most (like studio deen) couldn't handle the load.
I don't understand how people can find the tiniest nitpicky and say the whole season is ruined (I know this is a vast minority that do this) - it barely looks different from other seasons.
Dec 6, 2020 8:13 PM

Oct 2019
I thought yall liked Aot because of its solid writing, not animation. This literally revokes all of the elitism yall feel towards the show.
Aria is the greatest manga of all time
Dec 6, 2020 8:14 PM

Jul 2020
asukka said:
I normally don't even comment on these kinds of posts bc they're all stupid, but come on dude. The CGI wasn't the best, but I'd say it is LEAGUES above what you normally get in anime; in fact, this entire episode is clearly evident that the final season is going to be a step above the quality of most anime, like the previous seasons.
We are super lucky to have MAPPA taking on the project, as every studio knew it was going to be a hell production bc of time restraints, and most (like studio deen) couldn't handle the load.
I don't understand how people can find the tiniest nitpicky and say the whole season is ruined (I know this is a vast minority that do this) - it barely looks different from other seasons.

Yeah.We are lucky that Mappa took the final season instead of some third party studio with bad cg like Studio deen and Jc staff.We should be grateful that we are getting a full adaptation.

To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Dec 6, 2020 8:19 PM

Jul 2020
I don't think a studio will prove the storytelling of an anime. As long as it shows tolerable animation, who cares?
Dec 6, 2020 8:23 PM

Feb 2019
Lmao cap. MAPPA washing WIT
Dec 6, 2020 8:36 PM

May 2015
RickSuarez said:
BurntOkita said:

WIT wasn't making any money, Araki is a hack and S3P2 sold like shit because it looked like shit

Lol I liked S3 XD but I'd like to see an official statement or behind the scenes why they changed studio, maybe some anime twitter guy has inside info or something.

BurntOkita was right tbh but it's actually way deeper than you think. The production committee is looking for a studio that is willing to work with just the animation aspect of it rather than being directly involved with the committee's decisions -- and Production IG doesn't want to compromise that spot. Wit is having financial and staffing issues hence why the project has to go to another studio. Keep in mind that IG is still directly involved in the pipeline just as much as it did in the previous seasons. MAPPA has been in the talks for the last two years with the necessary preparations for the turnaround. They just have to hand this over to do damage control given how the last season before this went an all-time low in terms of quality that even Bluray releases can't fix it, and that Wit has been bleeding more than earning from it.

https://blog.sakugabooru.com/2020/06/02/attack-on-titan-mappa-otp/

I still stand with my opinion about this. The pilot wasn't as bad as what others make it out to begin with. While there are some glaring issues regarding the tone, a little bit about the direction, and overall new aesthetic, it really didn't take away too much from the experience. Most of what was being complained about was the CGI which is actually above-average but is still a love-it-or-hate-it matter, and there are almost little to no complaints about the other aspects of it.

Make no mistake, I do agree with some points of criticism about MAPPA' s first take on this out of 16 episodes but isn't it too early to decide to drop or cancel this just because of the stylistic differences between the two studios involved? I get everyone's separation anxiety from Wit but let this sink in: this is better than having nothing or having this completely butchered by another studio who wasn't up for the challenge.

I don't get it why a lot has been overreacting on this as if Wit didn't mess up some of S2 and the entirety of S3. Both studios had their hits and misses on each of their takes and they're just as equally good as each other. Get over it and enjoy it for what it is.

asukka said:

Well said. It'll take time for others to get used to the style though but I'd agree about the CGI. You won't see that kind of almost-seamless 2.5DCGI effort in a standard anime nowadays. Those are mostly used in movies or high budget OVAs. How the CGI was implemented just reminded me of Dorohedoro and some of Gundam Unicorn/Origins.
ZnraDec 6, 2020 8:42 PM

Those with dirty minds will find my Steam pic offensive
Dec 6, 2020 8:43 PM
Jul 2019
Yes, this season is going to suck major balls. Is is going to stop you???

I swear I am done with this fandom, I can't deal with this toxicity. I always thought that the One Piece fanbase and the MHA fanbase were the toxic ones but I guess the AOT fandom is equally toxic.
Just enjoy the damn show and stop nitpicking over such small things.
Dec 6, 2020 8:45 PM
Apr 2019
@MironBiron so you are heavily disappointed by the episode? funny that how you are right now i was like you few months ago and now i've changed my opinion completely.

Anyways i agree that WIT was better but lets not say that MAPPA did a bad job so far this episode was very good i liked the CG except the beast titan one i was expecting berserk type of CG. Backgrounds is heavily improved, blur has been reduced i'm satisfied so far. I hope 3dmg scenes that's gonna be later in this season are not bad cause those will be so hard to animate
Bababazooka69Dec 6, 2020 8:52 PM
Dec 6, 2020 8:55 PM
Aug 2016
Never mind me. My food has less salt, so I am here to pick the salt from this forum and eat my tasty food.

Dec 6, 2020 8:57 PM
Oct 2018
I agree, MAPPA isn't bad but WIT was better on animating this !!
Dec 6, 2020 9:00 PM

Oct 2018
DissapointmentA said:
atleast with WIT only the colossal was CGI,now every titan will be CGI garbage(beast titan looks HORRIBLE). and the general animation is not better then WIT to justfiy it. i'd go with WIT any day.

also the backgrounds and blur are still garbage.

and this is supposed to be one of the best animated episodes (future episode will decrease in quality when its in tight production like this)

Sad... should've have went to ufotable or something if anything,we can wait 2 years for quality WIT show god damn it.

Yeah so basically bc theres CGI the anime adaptation is shit, is this how it works for people like you?
Dec 6, 2020 9:03 PM
Feb 2017
DillonA said:
I thought yall liked Aot because of its solid writing, not animation. This literally revokes all of the elitism yall feel towards the show.

True. However, Attack on Titan is part action and expecting at least "good" is the bare minimum. The CGI is somewhat off-putting, certainly, however I don't think it ruins the show.
Dec 6, 2020 9:16 PM
Apr 2020
This guy really made a whole new account just to shit on Mappa like bro
Dec 6, 2020 9:18 PM

Sep 2020
stop posting troll threads. No one cares about your shitty opinions. Think positively and notice the good things in their animation and stop complaining like a fking 9yrs old. I seriously love how some of the toxic AOT fans do not know how to adopt to a new environment and survive.

[Violet X Amy]

[VioletteloiV X squished_lemon]

Dec 6, 2020 9:25 PM
Aug 2019
Saw some disheartening comments that the CGI titans would be used throughout the whole show. Please no. I'm not ready to agree that WIT was better just yet, but if they do that there won't be a doubt in my mind.

IF it does end up this level of quality the rest of the way, I'll be upset, but only because of the ridiculously good direction and the style of animation last season that set the expectations for the follow-up ... because that's where there seems to be dips in quality from this first episode.

The idea that whatever business complications might result in a lower quality delivery for my favorite show of all time is always going to make me upset, but it'll likely still be pretty good IMO if the story manga fans are hyping up is as amazing as they say. But again, it's one episode; hopefully, it's just the one time they needed to compromise.
ghierDec 6, 2020 9:32 PM
Dec 6, 2020 9:45 PM

Dec 2014
chiearlymorning said:
I don't know what to say
Your pfp matches a lot with your post.
Today they say you're crazy, tomorrow they will say you're a genious.
Dec 6, 2020 9:46 PM

Jul 2020
Did anyone not realize this is a bait thread?
Okay

To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Dec 6, 2020 9:48 PM

Apr 2013
Eh, I think it's fine. The CGI wasn't that bad.

Personally, I like MAPPA artstyle more than WIT overall because it's more faithful to the manga. I only watched Season 1 and 4 lol, so take my opinion with a grain of salt. I did follow the manga for years tho.

Also, the opening is lit!
"As long as you're alive, something happy bound to happens"
-What a Wonderful World
Dec 6, 2020 9:58 PM

Apr 2013
Great Miron joined the other debbie downer to complain every week, fun times ahead. He’s still trying his hardest to convince everyone whats good or bad and speak as if its fact, hilarious. But yeah, set absurd expectations for MAPPA while wearing rose tinted glasses talking about WIT which some of your - points apply to many WIT episodes.
KneelBeforeMeDec 6, 2020 10:04 PM
Dec 6, 2020 10:05 PM

Aug 2016
Pknoctis said:
? Am I the only one who thought the CGI and animation was fine? Not to mention, the direction and pacing of this first episode was fantastic. Can't wait for more.
Nah you aren't the only one who thinks the CG was fine. It's either people that want to find something to complain about or people who just hate all CG no exceptions.
Dec 6, 2020 10:09 PM

Aug 2018
the first episode of aot s4 was fine,

the only thing that was disappointing was the opening, for now
Dec 6, 2020 10:14 PM

Jul 2019
can you not be ungratefull and enjoy the series?? mappa was the only one that wanted to adapt it and the cg is the best i have seen so far on titan models
_maruwu_Dec 6, 2020 10:17 PM

Dec 6, 2020 10:16 PM

Feb 2018
to be fair WIT would've had to use CG as well . . there is no way in hell they were going to animate all of this in 2D. animating these 4 titans only would've taken ages. as well as whenever the clash between all the 9 titans happens which is why I believe MAPPA is the better choice here. For the most part they looked very good.

some people here are LOOKING for anything that looks remotely bad and ignoring the good parts. they're just ruining the show for themselves.
Dec 6, 2020 10:18 PM

Sep 2011
Why am I not surprised that MAL has the most toxic forum for AOT right now lmao. Twitter is giving credit where credit is due to MAPPA and so is reddit. Meanwhile, MAL—Pepega.
Dec 6, 2020 10:19 PM

Jul 2020
BourBon-7so said:

some people here are LOOKING for anything that looks remotely bad and ignoring the good parts. they're just ruining the show for themselves.

Lmao they don't care anything about the show.They are just haters of Mappa and the show as well.

To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Dec 6, 2020 10:20 PM

Jul 2020
Tyrel said:
Why am I not surprised that MAL has the most toxic forum for AOT right now lmao. Twitter is giving credit where credit is due to MAPPA and so is reddit. Meanwhile, MAL—Pepega.

Reddit is the most toxic after Twitter but Mal has taken the top spot now in terms of toxicity LMAO

To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Dec 6, 2020 10:20 PM

Jul 2020
My complaints so far is the opening and the CGI. I can definitely notice the bad animation on it, but I think it’s a little early to make harsh judgements.
Dec 6, 2020 10:21 PM

Dec 2017
Can you people just shut the fuck up for a second?

Sure it's noticeable, but so what?? Compared to other CGI, this one already pretty good.
You people praised Demon's Slayer CGI for being smooth and clear, yet sometimes the CGI is noticeable and weird, but I don't see you people complain about it.

Is it because it's a big franchise and you expect more from it?? Just shut up, just be happy MAPPA didn't betray our expectation and gave us a decent first episode and didn't go One Punch Man S2 route. Besides, it's only the first episode. Who are you to decide the rest of the series just based on one episode?

We waited long for this, just let us appreciate that it's finally here without you dumbass spouting bullshit.
Dec 6, 2020 10:29 PM

Sep 2020
If WIT had to do this episode, I'm guaranteeing you that they would have dropped dead and everyone would be on them lmao
Dec 6, 2020 10:29 PM
May 2019
Wth is wrong with u ppl ._. MAPPA is a great studio as well, and they did a wonderful job first episode was amazing, maybe u just got used on the adaptation of WIT studio so MAPPA looks weird to u, but it doesn't mean that it's bad
Some of u even called it garbage like wth ? So why not bring ur own adaptation instead of only shit talking .. losers
Dec 6, 2020 10:39 PM

Dec 2019
Ok now you people are doing TOO much now I don't see what's so bad about S4 it's not shit or anything honestly really good and you really complaining about blurry backgrounds?? It's not even noticeable either. Honestly everything looked amazing for a war setting at least.
Dec 6, 2020 10:47 PM

May 2016
Speak for yourself. Episode was badass. Everything looked good. Weebs really out there crying over a little CGI smh. Also username checks out.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » If Eren was in avatar...

TASM18 - Apr 17

18 by belugaanime »»
Apr 19, 2:12 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 7, 2021

513 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Apr 13, 8:01 AM

» Isayama: The Perfect Architect ( 1 2 )

Mikasa - Mar 29, 2021

65 by benisfroms »»
Apr 10, 8:21 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jan 10, 2021

986 by Jasmin061011 »»
Apr 2, 8:12 AM

» Falco and Gabi…

Arddaa52 - Jul 25, 2021

20 by Adrena »»
Mar 27, 6:50 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.