Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 9, 2020 4:48 AM

Jun 2016
please dont ruin this series you alien girl !!!

this anime better without that alien girl to be honest !!!
Nov 10, 2020 12:36 PM
Dec 2017
*Let me know if it got something wrong, this is just my thoughts*
To do with the last scenes. I feel as if Shimamura was about to ask Adachi 'why christmas, why with me?' and she had realised the answer to that. Adachi wants to be more than friends with her! But Shimamura knows if she had asked that, then Adachi will feel awkward about answering it.... and then realise that Shimamura, doesn't reciprocate her feelings. Therefore bending the line of their relationship and because of Shimamura relationship with her childhood friend didn't end well, she won't be bothered to fix the relationship between her and Adachi.

Also to do with the line 'I'd like to think that Adachi never got the full Christmas experience'. Implies that because she was just thinking negatively about not rebuilding their relationship, she now wants to think that Adachi possibly doesn't actually have feelings for her so that would never happen' It didn't have to be me specifically, I see'. But then she says its like she is asking me out and so she knows how Adachi feels in the back of her head but sadly Shimamura doesn't feels the same way.

Also can someone tell me why Adachis face when black with no eyes then came back?

Either way i'm loving this series and can't wait for the next episode but it is making me anxious about if Shimamura will love her back.
Nov 11, 2020 8:03 AM

Aug 2020
mannnn this episode was cute lol, I was about as happy as adachi was when shimamura said yes for the christmas date.
clannad is the greatest piece of fiction to ever exist.
Nov 12, 2020 4:15 AM

Oct 2017
Nagafuji x Hino ship sailing nicely.

Shimamura already knows the answer to her question but unfortunately she's evading her eyes from the truth. Proly cause she's not into girls unlike Adachi.

Adachi was acting so adorable after Shimamura agreed to go out with her lol.
Nov 12, 2020 4:29 PM
May 2019
Marinate1016 said:
This continues to be the best Thursday show.

Akudama Drive would like to have a word with you.

In all seriousness, though, this is still a fantastic show. Adachi is adorable. The slow burn of the romance has been executed very well.
Nov 12, 2020 10:05 PM

Oct 2008
good thing no annoying alien girl!
Adachi's getting more and more into Shimamura hope it doesn't turn into an obsession...lolz
5/5.

Nov 12, 2020 10:12 PM
Mar 2015
Hard asking for a Christmas date
Nov 14, 2020 6:01 AM

Jun 2020
Adachi and Shimamura are getting along really well although Adachi is a bit nervous on making a conversation but I found that cute about her.

It seems like a date on Christmas pretty cute.
Nov 18, 2020 7:52 AM

Dec 2016
Feels like Nagafuji and Hino's relationship will develop quicker than than Adachi and Shimamura.

Shimamura's kinda dumb and Adachi is a cutie XD
Nov 23, 2020 6:26 AM

Aug 2017
I fell like it's only Adachi that's harboring those feelings towards Shimamura and they're not gonna get reciprocated.

But who knows!!?? Maybe Shimamura will also feel the same towards her someday!!

Nov 30, 2020 7:19 AM

Jan 2020
Adachi really wants to spend Christmas with Shimamura, huh? She is a total nervous wreck to be honest, but at least, she was able to invite her in the end.

Also, I'm glad to see that Adachi is starting to realize that she loves Shimamura. Now, let's see what Shimamura will do.

Marinate1016 said:
I legit squealed like a little girl when Shimamura accepted the Christmas date. Adachi is so adorable. I love their relationship. It’s so wholesome and organic. I hope Adachi gets the courage to confess soon, hopefully Shimamura can respond to her feelings.

This continues to be the best Thursday show.

I would say it's the best Fall show so far.
Dec 2, 2020 3:17 PM

Nov 2016
Ah, such a sweet episode.

And yeah, seems like Shimamura has indeed a complex since her experience with the other girl in kindergarten, at least that would explain why she's distancing herself emotionally from the relationship with Adachi.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 28, 2020 8:44 PM

Aug 2019
another nice episode, lmao i like how they are sprinkling Nagafuji and Hino's relationship here and then, ah yes the just "normal friends" things. Happy belated Christmas i guess? Interested to see how these two will spend Christmas.

Nice Adachi and Shimamura moments with them good old lap pillow scenes. Wholesome talks about childhood memories, as well as a "wandering" Adachi casually waiting passing by her friends house
Hm, idk how to feel about Shimamura's final conclusion on Adachi asking to meet up on Christmas. On one hand i understand where she's coming from, on the other i'm screaming for her to take the hint.
Dec 30, 2020 1:29 AM

Mar 2018
Puppy Adachi for the W

Apr 11, 2021 9:55 AM

Aug 2018
Hm.. It seemed that Shimamura maybe is not the happiest about even the idea of proposal.. Like Adachi lost face to her and stuff.. Well, maybe Shimamura doesn't want to go too deep anywhere, it'd be too hard for her.. Or maybe that's not the case.. Who knows.. But seemed like she was relieved when it's just with some friend Adachi wanted to spend Christmas.. But maybe that's not the case, I don't know..
Apr 17, 2021 5:08 PM

Sep 2011
As cute and awkward this episode was, I really hope Shimamura will sooner or later go through a change as well. Her complex of not wanting to be too close to anyone or bothering with the "drama" that comes with relationships isn't really helping the case. I hope this misunderstanding will be fixed and she will be able to feel more about Adachi. She clearly likes her too, but maybe she is just telling herself these, building a wall arouind herself.
Jun 5, 2021 5:44 AM

Nov 2013
I like the next episode's preview. I want to see more Nagafuji and Hino.
Actually i like their relationships more.
Sep 20, 2021 7:56 AM

Feb 2020
I love that deep friendship between Nagafuji and Hino. Those kisses are so cute. ^^

This was the best blush so far:

SerafosJan 5, 8:50 AM
Sep 30, 2021 10:51 AM
Aug 2021
This is such a beautiful episode. Adachi's awkwardness fits Shima so well, and the interactions between the two feels so poetic. Yes, it really was something very simple : Adachi being lovesick, sturffling between holding back and going forward, while Shima is still analyzing herself and the relationship, while caring for Adachi; but it was so well-done that these feels so interesting to watch, through well-written inner monologues and the shift of narratives between adachi and shima is again. Aside from these, finally no fucking astronaut scenes in this episode.
Jan 27, 2022 11:31 AM
Jul 2020
I love how this show is literally just "gay panic" lmao its very relatable
Nov 6, 2022 12:57 PM
Feb 2022
more cute stuff i wonder how the relationship will become
Jan 27, 2023 10:42 AM
Dec 2013
I'll never understand why Adachi went to school by herself and left Shimamura behind. Makes no sense. I thought she wanted to spend as much time as possible with Shimamura. Going to school with Shimamura was a great opportunity for her.
Jan 29, 2023 4:23 PM

Jun 2014
Adachi finally asked Shimamura about Christmas, and Adachi is happier than ever!

Also, I have a feeling that Nagafuji and Hino may like each other as more than just friends as well.

Aug 4, 2023 7:16 PM
Aug 2023
Again never faling with the sapphic cuteness! <3
Addachi as a "happy puppy" was literally the most gayest and most adorable thing ever!
It's wird for me cause I get Addachi's vibe so much the Shimamura sometimes. addachi is an introvert that has dificulty opening up to people, even Shimamura who is the one she wants to be closest with, meewhile Shimamura kinda 'forces' herself to be social(??) but is always so self aware and carefull to keep a safe distance and to keep that "nha i don't actually care" aura, but idk I feel like deepelly she actually does (especially with Addachi), she's just clearly afread of geeting hurt...Idk I'm really curious to see how she depveloments and to get more background storry to explain that defensive beheviour>
Dec 4, 2023 3:29 AM
Oct 2023
I felt like this episode had a slower pace but it didn't take away from the enjoyment. Still a quality episode. After a slow start this series has really turned around! I really enjoyed watching Adachi slowly build up her courage to ask Shimamura out on a Christmas date (that also isn't a date). It was really touching, adorable, and realistic. Not a perfect episode, but it didn't have many flaws. Through five episodes, my rating is now a 7.2/10. A slight improvement that could add up over time if this anime remains hot!
Feb 1, 12:59 AM
Oct 2017
Reply to dompsterfire
UrMuntedHead said:
z00nex said:
Adachi asked Shimamura out for a Christmas date and she accepted it.

Shimamura doesn’t want to be someone special to Adachi, she just wants to be “someone”. She still doesn’t care who she is with and doesn’t want anyone to think of her as more than “just someone”, just like she said a few episodes ago. Shimamura would’ve refused Adachi’s invite and their relationship would’ve been broken if Adachi said “I want to spend my Christmas with Shimamura, not just a friend whose close by”.

I wonder when will Shimamura think of Adachi as more than just a lonely girl. It’s not that I dislike Shimamura, I really want to know how her personality is going to change and adapt to Adachi.

I find it interesting in Shimamura's monologue at the end that she probably knows Adachi likes her and she knows why Adachi wants to hang but she keep changing the actually reason in her mind so it doesn't affect how she feels or sees Adachi and that her weird complex isn't broken.

I know right! That's really accurate tbh
@dompsterfire this! So much of this and ughh It is really frustrating! Why is she doing this? Is she straight? Just not attracted to Adachi? She knows deep inside that Adachi likes her, she said "the answer as to why me is very clear" but then moved on and did those mental gymnastics, ugh, it just makes me mad about her, Adachi is going to ger heartbroken and it is going to be sad, I can already see it, a bittersweet ending about how Adachi reflects in her first love and moves on from Shimamura or something, coming of age reflection, i just wish... I just wish Adachi didn't have to get hurt....
Feb 1, 1:10 AM
Oct 2017
Reply to Zaiphyn
*Let me know if it got something wrong, this is just my thoughts*
To do with the last scenes. I feel as if Shimamura was about to ask Adachi 'why christmas, why with me?' and she had realised the answer to that. Adachi wants to be more than friends with her! But Shimamura knows if she had asked that, then Adachi will feel awkward about answering it.... and then realise that Shimamura, doesn't reciprocate her feelings. Therefore bending the line of their relationship and because of Shimamura relationship with her childhood friend didn't end well, she won't be bothered to fix the relationship between her and Adachi.

Also to do with the line 'I'd like to think that Adachi never got the full Christmas experience'. Implies that because she was just thinking negatively about not rebuilding their relationship, she now wants to think that Adachi possibly doesn't actually have feelings for her so that would never happen' It didn't have to be me specifically, I see'. But then she says its like she is asking me out and so she knows how Adachi feels in the back of her head but sadly Shimamura doesn't feels the same way.

Also can someone tell me why Adachis face when black with no eyes then came back?

Either way i'm loving this series and can't wait for the next episode but it is making me anxious about if Shimamura will love her back.
@Zaiphyn ye! Exactly that! She said "if I ask our relationship will get bent out if shape" because she will reject her, and then it will get awkward and Shimamura said I probably wouldn't even bother to fix it! Like... can you believe her??

I think that Adachi face got dark because she started to feel distant towards Adachi when she considered she would have to reject her, but then when Adachi gave her a way out to think it was just that she felt lonely, the pressure was gone and she was able to think in Adachi as just another friend with no pressure to go further, just someone she can talk to .

And I knew it, I knew it from the very beginning, Shimamura is suave, like, always relaxed and very calm, she ia never nervous and makes you feel warm and relaxed yourself, but that's the thing! Shimamura is way too relaxed and chill all the time! It is clear now that she doesn't feel ANYTHING for Adachi, if she felt something, she would sometimes get flustered, or something would get a blush, she would get happy or sad if Adachi left or came close to her, but she is always in this state of eternal chillness! You know why? Because Shimamura doesn't care about Adachi at all! If she is with her or not, is the same thing for her! And I hate it, I hate it so much! Like, if someone gave me that chance to be close to them, I would appreciate to be able to stop the loneliness with someone I love, but to say she wouldn't be bothered to fix our relationship if I confessed and things got awkward? That is jus enraging, I would at least expect to be able to confess and know if I can be with her or not, you know? I would at least expect to get my feelings out! And if we couldn't be a couple, I would learn little by little to be my friends, it just hurts me so much that Shimamura doesn't seem to care, she says she wouldn't care to fix it so she is just keeping Adachi in this limbo now. I just... I don't know, she's the worst, okay, not the worst, what she did the last episode for Adachi was nice, but still... I feel mad, and I feel hurt. She doesn't love her back.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Adachi to Shimamura Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2020

113 by ChibiiBunii »»
Apr 18, 8:38 PM

Poll: » Adachi to Shimamura Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2020

132 by Phixiately »»
Feb 27, 1:12 AM

Poll: » Adachi to Shimamura Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2020

69 by locke_ix »»
Jan 13, 9:21 AM

Poll: » Adachi to Shimamura Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2020

78 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Dec 8, 2023 5:21 AM

Poll: » Adachi to Shimamura Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2020

74 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Dec 8, 2023 3:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.