Forum Settings
Forums

What are some anime series that few people would think of as bad?

New
Oct 26, 2020 10:25 AM
Oct 2017
What are some anime series that you think most people would enjoy? What series can you have hard time thinking of much glaring flaws?
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 26, 2020 10:31 AM

Oct 2018
Steins;Gate, I have 13 otaku friends and 9 have watched Steins;Gate
The lowest "score" was an 8.
If you're a fanboy, please don't waste my time.

Watch more movies, please.

Kafka, Fu Xuan, Jingliu, Topaz and Huohuo.
Oct 26, 2020 10:32 AM

Feb 2020
I don't think i've ever met a person who completed Monster and didn't like it

IT'S NEVER OGRE
Oct 26, 2020 10:34 AM
Mar 2020
Attack on Titan. Only idiots don’t like that masterpiece.
Oct 26, 2020 10:37 AM

Sep 2014
ABSSSSS said:

This statement is borderline fascist bro.
Oct 26, 2020 10:38 AM
Oct 2017
I guess I'm an idiot then haha I watched the first season of attack on titan and didn't like it all that mcuh

I didn't like watching such ugly creatures chomping down and eating people withh blood squirting I didn't think it was a bad show at all just wasn't my taste I guess
Oct 26, 2020 10:42 AM
Oct 2017
Hrybami said:
ABSSSSS said:

Lol yeah

anyway offtopic but hyrbami your profile pic of an animal is cute is it from a show?
Oct 26, 2020 10:43 AM

Nov 2019
Cowboy Bebop definitely comes to mind for this. I only know 1 person who dropped it who was a newer anime viewer (he said it looked old :/). Also it is near universally respected.
Don't let others ruin things for you. Even if a toxic fan pisses in your cereal, you could just get another bowl of cereal.
My Anime List - My Manga List

Mar 2020
Hrybami said:
ABSSSSS said:

"People making hyperbolic statements on internet forums are Nazis guys, shuttem all down."

Oct 2019
Surprisingly I feel like Haikyū brings fans of literally every genre together, but that’s just me.
The first three seasons at least 🤬
Oct 26, 2020 10:44 AM
Mar 2020
piebaldfawn said:
I guess I'm an idiot then haha I watched the first season of attack on titan and didn't like it all that mcuh

I didn't like watching such ugly creatures chomping down and eating people withh blood squirting I didn't think it was a bad show at all just wasn't my taste I guess

Season 1 was not that good lol but do yourself a favor and check out the top top rated animes, you’ll find Aot s3 p2 on #7 with a rating of 9.07 because it gets THAT GOOD. you might find season 1 slow and normie (which it was) but once you get to s3 you’ll realize that the things you thought didn’t matter were very crucial and mindlblowing. Fun fact: the upcoming season is gonna be 100x better than s3 p2 so you can get ready to say goodbye to fmab in #1 because it’ll belong to Aot the final season in a few years.
Oct 26, 2020 10:45 AM

Apr 2020
steins;gate, no one has ever said it was bad
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 26, 2020 10:49 AM
Mar 2020
Hrybami said:
ABSSSSS said:

I mean.... I find it much more dictating to call a show “bad” because you PERSONALLY didn’t find it ENTERTAINING if it’s not in your taste, that’s cool but that doesn’t change the truth because the writing of the show stills stays the same and if someone is able to analyze a show objectively considering all the bad things and good things, they’ll know why it’s a masterpiece especially s4
Oct 26, 2020 10:50 AM

Sep 2014
piebaldfawn said:
Hrybami said:

Lol yeah

anyway offtopic but hyrbami your profile pic of an animal is cute is it from a show?

It is from Shirobako. Definitely worth the watch.
Oct 26, 2020 10:52 AM

Oct 2019
Everyone I know is a huge fan of Baccano!, including people who hate most anime
Oct 26, 2020 10:52 AM

Sep 2014
ABSSSSS said:
Hrybami said:

I mean.... I find it much more dictating to call a show “bad” because you PERSONALLY didn’t find it ENTERTAINING if it’s not in your taste, that’s cool but that doesn’t change the truth because the writing of the show stills stays the same and if someone is able to analyze a show objectively considering all the bad things and good things, they’ll know why it’s a masterpiece especially s4

What do you mean? There is nothing wrong in calling a show bad if you genuinely think it's bad.
Oct 26, 2020 10:54 AM

Oct 2020
Nichijou

ONLY A FOOL WOULD HATE THIS
OBAMOS
Oct 26, 2020 10:57 AM

Aug 2013
Most popular iyashikei/slice of life shows, like Aria, Hyouka and Mushishi. Virtually everyone I've seen criticizing them always start with "I don't really like these kinds of shows" and then go on a rant about how the show is bad for doing exactly what it intended to do from the start, so their opinions are null.

Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood. The only people I've seen disliking it are salty haters. At most I've seen neutral to fine reactions.
Oct 26, 2020 11:01 AM
Oct 2017
I don't think it's very popular but I have a hard time seeing how somebody could hate Poco's Udon World.
Oct 26, 2020 11:02 AM
Mar 2020
Hrybami said:
ABSSSSS said:

What do you mean? There is nothing wrong in calling a show bad if you genuinely think it's bad.

Except that a lot of ppl think masterpiece anime like Aot, fmab, death note, code geass, steins;Gate, hxh, etc are trash because they wanna be noticed and want attention. If you genuinely think a show is bad, it doesn’t make a show objectively bad tell me do you think your fav anime is genuine trash anime if someone says that.....no, Most ppl base their claim on the entertainment factor which varies from person to person, some ppl find Aot entertaining and some don’t it’s on your taste but the writing stays the same idk if you’ve read the Aot manga or not but how many shows you can say has a better story and plot than aot but ppl only care about what their personal opinion not looking at It from a broad perspective. If you think a show is bad....cool but you should atleast respect why other ppl like it and I’m not just talking about Aot but also other shows like fmab who ppl call overrated because they don’t like it but does it actually make fmab overrated? Well this is one of the problem with the anime community, I don’t mean to sound toxic or anything but I’m just saying what’s the truth.
Oct 26, 2020 11:07 AM

Feb 2016
Nefelupitou said:
Steins;Gate, I have 13 otaku friends and 9 have watched Steins;Gate
The lowest "score" was an 8.

My favorite anime so far mentioned in this topic. I gave it an 8.
その目だれの目?
Oct 26, 2020 11:07 AM

Oct 2010
there are really few people that dislike Pop Team Epic, the general consent is that the show is a big shit post which is good
Oct 26, 2020 11:10 AM

Sep 2014
ABSSSSS said:
Hrybami said:

Except that a lot of ppl think masterpiece anime like Aot, fmab, death note, code geass, steins;Gate, hxh, etc are trash because they wanna be noticed and want attention. If you genuinely think a show is bad, it doesn’t make a show objectively bad tell me do you think your fav anime is genuine trash anime if someone says that.....no, Most ppl base their claim on the entertainment factor which varies from person to person, some ppl find Aot entertaining and some don’t it’s on your taste but the writing stays the same idk if you’ve read the Aot manga or not but how many shows you can say has a better story and plot than aot but ppl only care about what their personal opinion not looking at It from a broad perspective. If you think a show is bad....cool but you should atleast respect why other ppl like it and I’m not just talking about Aot but also other shows like fmab who ppl call overrated because they don’t like it but does it actually make fmab overrated? Well this is one of the problem with the anime community, I don’t mean to sound toxic or anything but I’m just saying what’s the truth.

Except that people who say these anime are trash aren't doing it to get attention. No one is enjoying receiving insults and death threats from the fanboys, trust me.

Also what? You're just deciding yourself what show is a masterpiece and then pretend that some people lack common sense if they disagree with your entire subjective opinion. You're asking them to respect your opinion, but you can't even respect their own opinions. That speaks for itself.
Oct 26, 2020 11:16 AM
Oct 2017
Sometimes I feel bad for not liking something most people seem to like. But in truth, there should be nothing wrong with that. Everyone may come up with different ideas for how the writing of a show could have been better ore more interesting or if it's good as is.
Oct 26, 2020 11:18 AM

Sep 2020
It's hard to find someone who dislikes attack on titan
Oct 26, 2020 11:28 AM
Mar 2020
Hrybami said:
ABSSSSS said:

Except that people who say these anime are trash aren't doing it to get attention. No one is enjoying receiving insults and death threats from the fanboys, trust me.

Also what? You're just deciding yourself what show is a masterpiece and then pretend that some people lack common sense if they disagree with your entire subjective opinion. You're asking them to respect your opinion, but you can't even respect their own opinions. That speaks for itself.

Ok where tf did death threats and insults even come from? I’m not even tranna argue I’m just having a discussion. Again, judging a show of its fan base doesn’t change the actual quality and writing of the show but hey this is the internet who cares about a logical point huh?🤷🏻 Let me not even get into why I think those animes are masterpiece because anyone can tell by looking at the ratings and other stats which are collective thoughts of people like you and me summarized with a number. Btw I nvr said everyone has “to love Aot” but I said that ppl who think Aot is bad for everyone who watch it (yea they exist) are idiots and that’s because I’ve seen a lot of ppl say it. Tell me do you think Aot is genuinely bad like sao, etc. I do respect their opinion but phrasing plays a huge part on how you sound “it’s trash” makes it sound like it’s a genuine trash show which for obvious reasons is false but if you say “it’s not my thing” it’s much more positive and that statement accurately describes their thoughts which is their opinion and it’s in no way false. It may sound like nitpicking but just a few consideration can spare some ppls time and effort....again for the final time they don’t have to like any show I mentioned but they do need to respect it because it’s liked by millions of ppl (which is a popular opinion) for a reason but yea I’m done, I am not the kind to argue about stuff on the internet but I said what I had to
Oct 26, 2020 11:37 AM

Sep 2014
ABSSSSS said:
Hrybami said:

Ok where tf did death threats and insults even come from? I’m not even tranna argue I’m just having a discussion. Again, judging a show of its fan base doesn’t change the actual quality and writing of the show but hey this is the internet who cares about a logical point huh?🤷🏻 Let me not even get into why I think those animes are masterpiece because anyone can tell by looking at the ratings and other stats which are collective thoughts of people like you and me summarized with a number. Btw I nvr said everyone has “to love Aot” but I said that ppl who think Aot is bad for everyone who watch it (yea they exist) are idiots and that’s because I’ve seen a lot of ppl say it. Tell me do you think Aot is genuinely bad like sao, etc. I do respect their opinion but phrasing plays a huge part on how you sound “it’s trash” makes it sound like it’s a genuine trash show which for obvious reasons is false but if you say “it’s not my thing” it’s much more positive and that statement accurately describes their thoughts which is their opinion and it’s in no way false. It may sound like nitpicking but just a few consideration can spare some ppls time and effort....again for the final time they don’t have to like any show I mentioned but they do need to respect it because it’s liked by millions of ppl (which is a popular opinion) for a reason but yea I’m done, I am not the kind to argue about stuff on the internet but I said what I had to

I don't follow this logic. Just because something is insanely popular and liked, people shouldn't criticize it? It's not like the fans or anyone else had any evidence on what is a masterpiece to begin with. A consensus is not an evidence. It only means that the general audience like it. It doesn't refer to anything regarding the actual quality of the anime.

Also, saying “it’s bad” and “it’s not my thing” is exactly the same thing. It's just the words used that differ, but the message is exactly the same. Of course not everyone has to like everything, but just because something is popular doesn't mean they aren't allowed to say that it's bad.
Oct 26, 2020 11:47 AM
Mar 2020
Hrybami said:
ABSSSSS said:

I don't follow this logic. Just because something is insanely popular and liked, people shouldn't criticize it? It's not like the fans or anyone else had any evidence on what is a masterpiece to begin with. A consensus is not an evidence. It only means that the general audience like it. It doesn't refer to anything regarding the actual quality of the anime.

Also, saying “it’s bad” and “it’s not my thing” is exactly the same thing. It's just the words used that differ, but the message is exactly the same. Of course not everyone has to like everything, but just because something is popular doesn't mean they aren't allowed to say that it's bad.

Just gonna clear some things up. All the shows I mentioned aren’t just popular lol there are shows like sao which are Insanely popular but still sitting on 7 or something. Tbh I can criticize shows like Code geass, hxh, etc because they are not my thing but that doesn’t make it bad objectively and if you wish to criticize Aot for example then you are welcome to but I can keep telling you why it’s one of the best ever and like I said I don’t expect every person ever to like the same show but I don’t expect ppl to go around calling every show they don’t like “overrated trash” either. Like I said if you call a show trash, it cruelly sounds like it’s bad (sao lvl) but if you say it’s not my thing or something it sounds totally different that much is obvious for obvious reasons. If you actually think Aot is bad or overrated than I can see why you won’t understand but otherwise you should.
Oct 26, 2020 11:53 AM

Sep 2014
ABSSSSS said:
Hrybami said:

Just gonna clear some things up. All the shows I mentioned aren’t just popular lol there are shows like sao which are Insanely popular but still sitting on 7 or something. Tbh I can criticize shows like Code geass, hxh, etc because they are not my thing but that doesn’t make it bad objectively and if you wish to criticize Aot for example then you are welcome to but I can keep telling you why it’s one of the best ever and like I said I don’t expect every person ever to like the same show but I don’t expect ppl to go around calling every show they don’t like “overrated trash” either. Like I said if you call a show trash, it cruelly sounds like it’s bad (sao lvl) but if you say it’s not my thing or something it sounds totally different that much is obvious for obvious reasons. If you actually think Aot is bad or overrated than I can see why you won’t understand but otherwise you should.

I wonder why you even think that criticizing something means that it is objectively bad. Criticizing something is inherently something subjective. You apply your own criteria and perspectives. That's the absolute opposite of objectivity based on facts and logic.
Oct 26, 2020 11:57 AM

Jan 2009
err none? the more popular it is the more controversial or the more hate it gets too
Oct 26, 2020 11:59 AM
Mar 2020
Hrybami said:
ABSSSSS said:

I wonder why you even think that criticizing something means that it is objectively bad. Criticizing something is inherently something subjective. You apply your own criteria and perspectives. That's the absolute opposite of objectivity based on facts and logic.

EXACTLY! some criticism are subjective and doesn’t mean anything for a bigger audience. Some criticisms about the actual stuff in the show are objective for example plot holes are a bad thing obviously and when it’s there in a show you can’t do anything about it because when they are presented for a fact, it’s a genuinely bad thing and that’s why it’s a genuine criticism for shows like Naruto so yea what you just said was my exact point lol
Oct 26, 2020 12:01 PM

Mar 2020
Personally I haven't seen anyone hate on Parasyte, maybe because the fanbase isn't that big but the anime is a masterpiece and it's so underrated. Everyone I know who has watched it just rates it a 10 and forgets about it lol
Oct 26, 2020 12:03 PM

Jul 2015
Ashita No Joe (I can't imagine a single person who would not enjoy this Masterpiece)
Cowboy Bebop
Mushishi
GTO
Gintama

JomyS said:

you don't even know how many haters monster has.. The people who can't "think" and people who can't understand the ending.
I even saw some video and bunch of some trollers were making fun of monster.
Monster is underrated masterpiece.
Oct 26, 2020 12:10 PM

Sep 2014
ABSSSSS said:
Hrybami said:

EXACTLY! some criticism are subjective and doesn’t mean anything for a bigger audience. Some criticisms about the actual stuff in the show are objective for example plot holes are a bad thing obviously and when it’s there in a show you can’t do anything about it because when they are presented for a fact, it’s a genuinely bad thing and that’s why it’s a genuine criticism for shows like Naruto so yea what you just said was my exact point lol

Hard disagreement.

Plot-holes are as much subjective as everything else in a show. Most people who consider something a plot-hole are just putting their own standard into the narrative. Almost everything in anime don't make any sense, so when they see a plot-hole it is where their suspension of disbelieve stopped working.

And even if the plot-hole is impossible to explain, it doesn't make the anime worse. A lot of things are impossible to explain in anime, but people don't consider everything a plot-hole. Just some minor nitpicks. There is nothing factually bad in a plot-hole anyway, and even if they are, what consists to be a plot-hole is extremely debatable. Not everything is explained in anime.
Oct 26, 2020 12:10 PM

Jul 2014
Monster probably. At worst, someone might probably think it's mediocre or boring but not the worst thing ever.
Oct 26, 2020 12:41 PM
Jul 2020
I'm surprised that no one mentioned FMA:B. I have seen people call it overrated, but never hate or downright call it bad.
Oct 26, 2020 12:53 PM
Aug 2018
Versailles no Bara, or most Dezaki anime, really. Lots of people seem to love melodrama, I think they should experience some works from the master of it himself.

Mostly Versailles though since I think it's his most universally acclaimed one, even though he only directed the second half of it.
Oct 26, 2020 1:00 PM

Sep 2019
Lmao this entire thread is basically "I like x show, a lot of people like x show, if you don't like x show you disagreeing to be an attention whore or you have the brain of a small Jurassic period dinosaur fetus"

BrawlerJoe said:

We have reached post-irony.
Oct 26, 2020 1:07 PM

Feb 2016
StarManOfAtmora said:
Versailles no Bara, or most Dezaki anime, really. Lots of people seem to love melodrama, I think they should experience some works from the master of it himself.

Mostly Versailles though since I think it's his most universally acclaimed one, even though he only directed the second half of it.

I thought the 1st half was more melodramatic.
その目だれの目?
Oct 26, 2020 1:26 PM
Jul 2018
StarManOfAtmora said:

Only if they are watched as retro. Back in mid-2000, Snow Queen flopped because it tried to compete with new anime and people didn't like the animation, character designs and direction. It was very underrated and if it weren't for Live Evil that took few years to sub it, no one would have bothered.

@hrybami

I always thought avatar was from fables of green forest! Though character seems to be a mix of Marco, fables of green forest and bannertail
removed-userOct 26, 2020 3:28 PM
Oct 26, 2020 1:30 PM

Jan 2009
how about Ghibli Movies especially Spirited Away?
Oct 26, 2020 1:40 PM
Tail On!

Aug 2018
This thread sucks, I only like Haikyuu from what's mentioned here.

I think Flying Witch or Chihayafuru would be my best bet, as long as you're even remotely fine with their respective genres they should be fairly unhateable.
Oct 26, 2020 1:41 PM

Feb 2020
I haven't heard anyone slander Saiki K yet lol. It's just a hard to hate show.
Please sign up for MangAlert! It's a little project I made that I'd really like to see the light of day and some users.

MangAlert! (please sign up!)
GitHub Repo (please star!)
Oct 26, 2020 1:41 PM
Jul 2018
SignsOfSuicide said:
Cowboy Bebop definitely comes to mind for this. I only know 1 person who dropped it who was a newer anime viewer (he said it looked old :/). Also it is near universally respected.

looked old lol. the dumbest reason to dislike a show. especially since cowboy bebop has top tier animation.
Oct 26, 2020 1:46 PM

Jul 2020
aot, death note, and last but not least the greatest anime of ALL TIME BORUTO. im going to go take my cancer pills now
TenteclesOct 26, 2020 1:56 PM
I am the handle of my mop
Rags are my body, and detergent is my blood
I have scrubbed over a thousand floors
Unknown to sick leave
Nor known to pay
Have withstood abuse to sweep many
surfaces
Yet those hands will never hold money
So as I clean, Unlimited Maid Works
Oct 26, 2020 1:48 PM

Jul 2019
I think Grand Blue could be that one.All of my friends who watched it said it was good.(but all of them are boys around 17-20 so maybe thats the reason)
Oct 26, 2020 2:46 PM

Jan 2020
Puella Magi Madoka Magica. I never saw nobody saying bad things about this great show

Oct 26, 2020 5:13 PM

Sep 2014
petran79 said:
I always thought avatar was from fables of green forest! Though character seems to be a mix of Marco, fables of green forest and bannertail

And you're entirely right. Shirobako made a reference to this anime while creating Andes Chucky (My avatar).

https://myanimelist.net/anime/4615/Yama_Nezumi_Rocky_Chuck

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvFOx0IHgs0
Oct 26, 2020 5:15 PM

Sep 2019
piebaldfawn said:

I saw the first episode and I got so turned away by the titans. Like I dont mind gore but fuck vore!
Oct 26, 2020 8:01 PM

Nov 2019
BrawlerJoe said:
Ashita No Joe (I can't imagine a single person who would not enjoy this Masterpiece)
Cowboy Bebop
Mushishi
GTO
Gintama

JomyS said:

you don't even know how many haters monster has.. The people who can't "think" and people who can't understand the ending.
I even saw some video and bunch of some trollers were making fun of monster.

monster had a goated ending imo.....
"Nobody is stronger than me, even when I go easy on them. Remember that" - Ayanokoji Kiyotaka
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» According to MAL, what are your anime hidden gems?

NoelleIsSleepy - 2 hours ago

28 by MostlyGluten »»
11 seconds ago

» Where to Watch Nora

Wakarimas-en - 20 seconds ago

0 by Wakarimas-en »»
20 seconds ago

» Post the Last Anime Items you bought ( 1 2 )

SpeedyAlchemist - Mar 10

87 by SpeedyAlchemist »»
2 minutes ago

» Anime Dubs from early 2000's - early 2010's

EverRealm - 8 hours ago

6 by LoveLikeBlood »»
8 minutes ago

Poll: » Would you be in favor of tipping Crunchyroll for every anime you complete on their platform? ( 1 2 )

Dije - Apr 16

94 by MadanielFL »»
13 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.