Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 7, 2020 12:37 PM
Oct 2020
So, guys actually I started watching anime a month ago and I started with Highschool dxd, which made me to watch more anime like it and ultimately i finished all the good anime like it. But the fact is that I am unable to watch popular anime like Naruto, Death Note, Demon Salyer and many more like that. Please tell how can i Focus on watching them and any good anime recommendation pls tell me.
Oct 7, 2020 12:40 PM

Feb 2020
I think it's good that you are now following your own path and not watching otherwise popular anime dominated by toxic fanbases. I can't really give a good anime recommendation to one who doesn't specify their genre preferences, but find the anime you like, look into the genres they have, and scroll really down (check the 2nd and 3rd pages too).
Oct 7, 2020 12:41 PM

Aug 2017
Sam_Op said:
I am unable to watch popular anime like Naruto, Death Note, Demon Salyer and many more like that.

If you ask me, that's not a bad thing. Just keep watching what you like. Its not a problem that you dont have more mainstream taste
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 7, 2020 12:42 PM
Feb 2019
Find stuff in the anime that seem interesting and try to look at everything in a positive, yet realistic light. If you can't find anything that interests you or you find the show bullshit in a way, you might aswell just drop it. But with slowburner shounens like you listed, you should expect some shorter or longer build-ups before actions. You will learn to appreciate all those build-ups after the big actions and after you get to know the characters and like them. But as the guy above me said, watch what you enjoy, not what others tell you to enjoy.
Oct 7, 2020 12:43 PM

Jun 2016
Maybe you need some obscure ecchi like buttobi CPU
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Oct 7, 2020 12:44 PM

Jul 2020
Looks like you like Ecchi and Sappy stuff.

-5 Centimeters per Second
-Kill la Kill
-Hensuki
-Food Wars
Oct 7, 2020 12:48 PM
Jul 2018
You're unable to watch them because they're bad. Just pick something that piques your interest from the top 50 downwards.
Oct 7, 2020 12:49 PM
Oct 2020
Boazanian said:
I think it's good that you are now following your own path and not watching otherwise popular anime dominated by toxic fanbases. I can't really give a good anime recommendation to one who doesn't specify their genre preferences, but find the anime you like, look into the genres they have, and scroll really down (check the 2nd and 3rd pages too).

But one good thing is that recently I completed One Punch Man and just now i completed 5 episodes of naruto
Oct 7, 2020 12:51 PM
Oct 2020
assyrian said:
Sam_Op said:
I am unable to watch popular anime like Naruto, Death Note, Demon Salyer and many more like that.

If you ask me, that's not a bad thing. Just keep watching what you like. Its not a problem that you dont have more mainstream taste

I really want to watch them, I think i need some time to build the will
Oct 7, 2020 12:51 PM
Grave of Flowers

Dec 2012
Not another burnout thread. smh

Go try other genres or talk to mal users with diff tastes and let them influence you so your spectrum of genre will be expanded
┍━━━━»•» «•«━━━━┑

🎖️ mal badges
🏠 blog navigation
🏆 graph badges

┕━━━━»•» ☠️ «•«━━━━┙
Oct 7, 2020 12:52 PM
Oct 2020
HunLepto said:
Find stuff in the anime that seem interesting and try to look at everything in a positive, yet realistic light. If you can't find anything that interests you or you find the show bullshit in a way, you might aswell just drop it. But with slowburner shounens like you listed, you should expect some shorter or longer build-ups before actions. You will learn to appreciate all those build-ups after the big actions and after you get to know the characters and like them. But as the guy above me said, watch what you enjoy, not what others tell you to enjoy.

I really need positivity, patience and will powere
Oct 7, 2020 12:57 PM
Oct 2020
Nefelupitou said:
Don't waste your time with Naruto, it isn't worth at all.

As you liked Kimi no na wa, Tenki no Ko and Kotonoha no Niwa, you could try Byousoku 5 Senchimetoru, Kanojo to Kanojo no Neko: Everything Flows, Hoshi no Koe and Kumo no Mukou, Yakusoku no Bashoo. They were all directed by the same guy.

You're with Saitama's picture, you could watch Mob Psycho, it's from the same writer.

You seem to enjoy isekai, you could watch Re:Zero Kara Hajimeru Isekai Sekatsu, lots of people enjoyed Overlord, I'm not a fan, but you might like.

You gave a high score to Kimi no Suizou wo Tabetai, you can try some other sad stories such as Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso, Clannad, Plastic Memories and etc.

You could also try watching some "classic" anime: Evangelion, Cowboy Bebop, Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu...

Some other suggestion:
3-Gatsu no Lion
Wolf's Rain
Steins;Gate
Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru
Kaguya-Sama
Koi wa Ameagari no You Ni
Gankutsuou
Madoka Magica
Sora Yori mo Tooi Basho
Devilman Crybaby
Ping Pong the Animation
Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood (2003 is good as well, you can watch both)
Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei

Your comment really helped me...thnx a lot
Oct 7, 2020 12:57 PM

Apr 2020
Just watch what you are interested in.

Btw i also started with Highschool DxD
Oct 7, 2020 1:02 PM

Feb 2020
I don't think encouraging you to do somthing you don't want to and have to is gonna lead anywhere

IT'S NEVER OGRE
Oct 7, 2020 1:03 PM

Jun 2020
Why would you force yourself to watch something you dislike? Nobody is going to pay you for watching the popular series, you're not impressing anyone either, so just watch whatever is fun for you.
How is this not obvious?
Oct 7, 2020 1:05 PM

Feb 2020
You don't have to? I didn't watch most of the high rated/popular animes because I have no interest in them. Just watch what you like.
bluffinieNov 30, 2020 2:16 PM
Oct 7, 2020 1:07 PM

Aug 2017
Sam_Op said:
assyrian said:

I really want to watch them, I think i need some time to build the will

If you really wanted to watch them, you would be watching them. Dont force yourself to watch something just because its popular. There is better stuff than naruto out there
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 7, 2020 1:11 PM

Apr 2016
As other have said already, you should just watch what you like and just go search through MAL's genres or even youtube videos to find new anime/manga. Another tip i can give you is if you're getting tired of watching anime, maybe take a break and do other hobbies and come back when you feel like it (that happens to me from time to time). Lastly, if you need any recommendations feel free to ask :)
Oct 7, 2020 1:19 PM

Aug 2018
Really, you'll find a lot of works in mainstream not to your taste.. Really, just watch, what you like more.. What you like, you think?.. Like maybe some genres, or something?.. Looking at your list, maybe you'll like Clannad.. Though, it's a bit long series, with 2 seasons, but I think that maybe you'll enjoy it, looking at some of your 10s and 9s..
Also you can try looking at the anime you liked - and scroll to recommendations section.. Like, https://myanimelist.net/anime/11617/High_School_DxD Scroll all the way to the bottom, and look at recommendations by users.. Maybe some anime from there will pick your interest..
Also you can try finding anime to your taste, not mainstream ones - by using MAL graph.. But maybe I already gave you many things to consider - to look by genre or recommendations at the bottom.. But if wanna - here it is.. https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=67199 Click "open graph", and then enter your name, wait some minutes till it collects your profile data (do something else while it does so, I guess, in another tab), and then once it's loaded (maybe refresh after some time, if anything) - there will be recommendations section.. Among other interesting things as well..
Oct 7, 2020 1:20 PM
Jul 2018
I mean, there's not a whole lot I can say other than watching the shows that interest you. I personally like Naruto and Demon Slayer, but certain animes aren't for everybody.
Oct 7, 2020 1:27 PM

Oct 2015
Why is it consistently the case that those crying about having run out of good anime all have like less than 100 entries in their list? I've yet to see an exception.
Oct 7, 2020 1:30 PM

Jun 2019
Why is that a bad thing though?

I started four years ago in 2016 and I still don't have any real desire to watch Naruto, Death Note, or just in general a lot of mainstream battle shounen, RPG/MMO/gaming-based isekai, and ecchi series.

When you think about it, I got into anime, and maybe some others did as well, precisely because of being sick of a lot of mainstream stuff in Western art/entertainment. So doesn't it only make sense that some of us may not be as drawn to many of the mainstream currents in anime either?

I don't avoid anime for being mainstream (my #1 fave would actually be considered a mainstream series), but I was personally more drawn to anime initially and remain still mostly for the more relatively obscure or unconventional series, like some unconventional romances, mindbender cyberpunk Sci-Fi, and various Slice of Life and iyashikei.
Oct 7, 2020 1:44 PM
Jul 2020
Just watch whatever suits you, that may work out.
Oct 7, 2020 1:44 PM
Aug 2018
i understand your need to ask for suggestions but i wouldnt really trust everyones's opinions. because there are some people who hate for example naruto and there are some people who like it. some fans might be toxic but some haters might be toxic too.
Oct 7, 2020 2:03 PM

Oct 2010
after DxD the best follow up is something with big boobs, I recommend you Sin:Nanatsu no Taizai
Oct 7, 2020 2:59 PM

May 2018
"Please motivate me..."

Stop watching trash and switch to elitist stuff...which will bore you...thus you will be able to appreciate how great and enjoyable trash is.
Oct 7, 2020 7:59 PM
Jul 2020
Don’t force yourself to watch popular anime just because others have already. Watch anime that you find interesting and the genres you like to see in anime.
Oct 7, 2020 8:01 PM

Nov 2019
your new. sooner or later u will watch them to find out if they are good. its how it goes
"Nobody is stronger than me, even when I go easy on them. Remember that" - Ayanokoji Kiyotaka
Oct 8, 2020 5:17 AM
Jul 2018
Try another hobby or get a job or study. You'll crave for spare time to watch any anime
Oct 8, 2020 5:28 AM
Jul 2020
Bro....try keeping up for what you like...don't go on shows which is off ur genre...evryone have thier on likes and just watch the anime suited for u...its very normal...and if u wanna give a try to other stuff try watching attack on titan...
Oct 8, 2020 5:35 AM

Sep 2019
If you like anime with tits watch Seikon no Qwaser. Thie anime itself is trash but it might fit your tastes. Only reason I watched that was how they used tits in the plot.
Oct 8, 2020 5:37 AM
Sep 2020
For me, as a 5 year old otaku, I just watch any anime that interests me so even if that anime was the most popular anime that season, I won't watch it unless it's interesting. Because if you watch anime that you don't like, that's just wasting your time. Just watch the first episode and if you like it, continue it. That's basically what I do with my life if it's not interesting, I won't do it. Because there's a lot of good anime out there. Even if it's ecchi and you're interested, watch it. Because you'll probably not find an anime like that easily.
Oct 9, 2020 4:39 AM
May 2020
follow your interests rather than trends, watch at your own pace and your opinion matters

also experiment variety but don't force yourself
Oct 9, 2020 6:33 AM

Apr 2017
Just watch what you think you'll like based on your list regardless of how popular it is.
looking at your list, I think the older version of higurashi will suit you more because it's so much darker and gives some creepy vibes.
And mob psycho would suit you since you liked OPM.

"elles sont bien noires
les pensées des nuits blanches"

Oct 9, 2020 7:45 AM

Jul 2015
Sam_Op said:
So, guys actually I started watching anime a month ago and I started with Highschool dxd, which made me to watch more anime like it and ultimately i finished all the good anime like it. But the fact is that I am unable to watch popular anime like Naruto, Death Note, Demon Salyer and many more like that. Please tell how can i Focus on watching them and any good anime recommendation pls tell me.

You'll just burn yourself out. Don't force yourself.
Oct 9, 2020 8:04 AM

Jul 2012
Why did you unable to watch popular anime?
Not every popular anime is bad.. Especially if you really new in anime world..
Watching popular anime might trigger what is inside you, if you liked it you will automatically looking for it.. But if you didn't really like it you might watch it with boredom..

If you really new into anime, your'e like a white canvas which you have to decide which color and picture did you want..
Also..
Watching an anime will take alot of your time.. So you better enjoy it slowly, take your time.. Balance it with your pace..

More topics from this board

» Favorite characters you think are Sadist, Masochist, or Switch

IpreferEcchi - Apr 25

8 by IpreferEcchi »»
10 seconds ago

» Best Trap Character in Anime?

GoatPieceLuffy - 53 minutes ago

24 by GoatPieceLuffy »»
2 minutes ago

» Why are so many ecchi enjoyers overweight?

EverRealm - 37 minutes ago

8 by Jonas-K »»
2 minutes ago

» Do you wish your culture was more represent in anime?

Spunkert - 10 hours ago

26 by DigiCat »»
3 minutes ago

» "This was a Masterpiece!!!" sections or moments in shows that aren't that.

APolygons2 - 2 hours ago

4 by Catalano »»
9 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.