Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
Oct 7, 2020 3:54 AM
Oct 7, 2020 4:17 AM
Mar 2020
What this is saying to me is that the schedule is horrible so don't expect good animation, i really had some hope for this season to look good plus spy (trusted leaker) retweeted this: https://twitter.com/JMulli02/status/1313797215211708423

In conclusion, don't expect good animation, I have no idea why Mappa took this project but unless they get a huge number of freelancers or/and outsource some episodes this season will be a disaster
Oct 7, 2020 4:24 AM

Jan 2009
your schedule is so horrible no other studio except MAPPA took the bite lol

blame the production committee of Attack on Titan if it fails so hard
Oct 7, 2020 4:31 AM

Jan 2009

lol he liked my reply who is this guy? an animator it seems? damn

Oct 7, 2020 4:35 AM
Mar 2020
deg said:

lol he liked my reply who is this guy? an animator it seems? damn

no idea i'm just trusting the fact that spy retweeted it lol
Oct 7, 2020 4:43 AM

Jul 2020
You scared me for a moment the twitter says 'The reason why the studio changed' and here I am being stupid thinking that there will be a studio change again.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Oct 7, 2020 4:48 AM

Jan 2009

nah im sure at least the first 4-6 episodes heck maybe until 13 episodes will have decent quality since production schedule is not yet tightening on those times
Oct 7, 2020 5:14 AM

Dec 2015
If the animation can be bad, can we at least hope it's not gonna be worse than some moments of Season 3 Part 2? If it stays on that level, I think it will be acceptable. All I want is to not have a decent amount of really terrible animated scenes.
Oct 7, 2020 6:31 AM
Apr 2019
Now where are those delusional guys who were saying "its gonna look better than previous seasons"? and now its mappa's fault that they said yes to this project. I would have no season 4 rather than having bad looking season 4.
Oct 7, 2020 6:33 AM
Oct 2020
Man I'm getting Game of Thrones Season 8 vibes.

Every show I love is getting ruined lol
Oct 7, 2020 6:51 AM

May 2016
Revenge10 said:
Man I'm getting Game of Thrones Season 8 vibes.

Every show I love is getting ruined lol

At least for AoT you can read the manga, but GRRM will never finish ASOIAF
-
Oct 7, 2020 7:17 AM
Jan 2019
People should be grateful that we are getting a last season and stop bitching and crying about levi's nose or armin big butt
Blackkatsu001Oct 7, 2020 7:27 AM
Oct 7, 2020 7:39 AM
Mar 2020
Well, on one hand mappa took a very big and bold decision to animate such a big project but on the other hand I can't simply wave of the fact that if MAPPA ruins this than partly it can be because of the extreme time constraints and the conditions under which animators work in(being underpaid and overworked and all) and partly because of all 3-4 different anime production that are taking place at the same time. If they have the slightest inkling as to what this project means to so many fans out there they have many options to make it work at par or maybe even better than the previous seasons....like prioritizing SNK over some daisho zamurai or even jujitsu kaisan... Etc... Or going for one course at a time maybe
Oct 7, 2020 8:03 AM

Nov 2008
I don’t understand the outburst.

We all knew that the schedule was bad.

We knew that WIT Studio dropped it because of this.

Everyone knows that MAPPA was the only studio willing to take over.

No new worries here.
Oct 7, 2020 8:06 AM
Jul 2018
I think any studio would be overworked if they took on this project;

The schedule is too tight which is why most studios didn't want to deal with this mess.
Oct 7, 2020 8:08 AM
Oct 2015
For all people outright saying the animation will be shit, ehh.....are you guys new? Production problems with AOT have been ever since the beginning, the reason WIT finally Quit was because Season 3 really pushed them to their limits since they did not had IG helping like they did in season 1 and season 2 was a 12 ep season, a much more manageable production.

Honestly now, the animation quality will not look better than WIT but I doubt it will be worst than season 3 overall, this tweet only confirms what we have been guessing ever since the first trailer 4 months ago.
Oct 7, 2020 8:26 AM

Nov 2008
Rewatch seasons 1-3 and you’ll see how flawed they are in terms of production.

The animated adaptation of Attack on Titan contains many still-frames as a cheaper alternative to cuts that are supposed to involve movement. It’s the most obviously cheap thing a studio can possibly do. Replacing animated cuts that feature the sound of footsteps, dialogue and action with a bunch of still-frames.

Even our beloved Season 2 is literally filled with them. The season that features the least amount of these horribly obvious limitations is Season 3 Part 1, the rest of the show is flooded with these 'cuts'.

The production was already horrible guys. They just managed to perform exceptionally well during key moments and managed to maintain a solid foundation (storyboard, character design, background art, cinematography and ost).

AoT’s animation has always contained way more limitations than other big league titles.

Nothing new under the sun.
MironBironOct 7, 2020 8:34 AM
Oct 7, 2020 10:03 AM

Oct 2013
Bababazooka69 said:
Now where are those delusional guys who were saying "its gonna look better than previous seasons"? and now its mappa's fault that they said yes to this project. I would have no season 4 rather than having bad looking season 4.

Did you watch the first episode, how do you know it is bad? This is not new to snk, the schedule has always been bad.

If it's at the same level as season 1 I will be very pleased as that had one of the worse schedule in anime history.

Unlike you guys, I'm not going to jump to any conclusions, I will make my eyes decide whether it's bad or not.

Of course I will keep this news in my thought that the possibility is there that it can turn out bad but until I see it with my eyes I don't see any reason why I should accept the final season will look bad.

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
KuniiOct 8, 2020 9:36 AM
Oct 7, 2020 11:07 AM
Jan 2018
I think if the trailer quality persists especially the underdetailed backgrounds along with blur and shit, then that's bad news. They might try to utilize smoke and blur to hide the underdetailed stuff considering the current limitations that came into light. If we get S1's quality throughout then I don't mind treating every single one of you in real life provided we meet someday.
Subjectivity is a joke on MAL. If you implicitly bring in subjectivity in your counter argument, you've already lost the debate. Also this website is a fankid infestation , have pity on those kids by ignoring there quotes as they have absolutely no clue what exactly is going on.
Oct 7, 2020 1:27 PM
May 2015
God, I just have this weird feeling that this is going to end up like OPM Season 2. JC Staff's work with OPM Season 2 is not indicative of who they are as a studio because if you guys have seen their other shows like Railgun then you know they're more than capable of producing high-quality anime but the whole reason why OPM Season 2 looked the way it did is because they took on more than they can chew. MAPPA right now is doing the same shit.

On one hand, GoHS proves that they can produce high-quality and consistent animation but on the other hand, the studio right now is doing Jujutsu Kaisen, which is slated to be 24 episodes and 2 months from now, the final season of AoT. See why I'm worried that is going to end up like OPM Season 2?

I'm just hoping it doesn't turn out like OPM Season 2 and that MAPPA actually knows what they got themselves into by taking on AoT, even though they're doing Jujutsu Kaisen this season.
jc9622Oct 7, 2020 1:30 PM

Oct 8, 2020 12:29 AM

Jul 2020
Congratulations because of your post you have killed my hype completely. I'm still gonna watch it tho.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Oct 8, 2020 7:46 AM
Aug 2020
I largely blame the production committee, they've been trying very hard to get all aot seasons out side by side. This resulted in nightmare production in s2 and s3. After s3, I assumed their would be a long pause before s4 (like 2-3 years) and the news its coming just 1 year later surprised me. Still I'm grateful Mappa is doing s4, I'd rather have a decent s4 than no s4
Oct 8, 2020 7:57 AM
Jul 2018
Guys let's all help MAPPA animate the final season of aot.
Oct 8, 2020 8:00 AM
Sep 2020
chiearlymorning said:

Uhhh...how r u gonna help them?
Oct 8, 2020 8:03 AM
Jul 2018
Ackerman_77 said:
chiearlymorning said:

Maybe we can make a crowdfunding campaign or something to help the staff and make the production/schedule easier
Oct 8, 2020 8:12 AM
Sep 2020
chiearlymorning said:
Ackerman_77 said:

Maybe we can make a crowdfunding campaign or something to help the staff and make the production/schedule easier

Dude I don't think they are short of budget(I mean they're doing multiple projects,there must be enough budget)....The thing that matter is Time and the efforts they are putting into the final season...We can only wait until it airs...#inMappaWeTrust LET'S HOPE FOR THE BEST 🔥🔥🔥
Oct 8, 2020 9:25 AM
Jun 2019
The quality of the final product will be fine. It's the animators and their health that I'm worried about. Mappa picking up a series that literally no other anime studio wanted shows how little they care about their staff.
Oct 8, 2020 11:52 AM
Oct 2019
Whatever the case....From the looks of the pv it won't be anywhere close to a disaster...
Plus the series composer has written AOT before. Thus, the story will be faithfully adapted 100%
Oct 10, 2020 10:01 PM
Jun 2019
in

Wow....I just read the article and it. clearly mentions how aot was abondoned by wit producer by saying that he only wanted to animate aot till that point(s3p2) and wanted to 'step up as creater' ....nobody took it because of schedule only MAPPA did bec they thought that aot. fans deserved a good closure to their fav anime also....he is happy with S4 pv and says that it shows their commitment.....man I really thank mappa for taking it and thinking about fans ....they are the reason we are getting an sugoi ending otherwise we would never be able to see such a great plot with such great ost by sawano!...........lets hope for the best.......
Oct 10, 2020 10:02 PM
Jun 2019
in

Wow....I just read the article and it. clearly mentions how aot was abondoned by wit producer by saying that he only wanted to animate aot till that point(s3p2) and wanted to 'step up as creater' ....nobody took it because of schedule only MAPPA did bec they thought that aot. fans deserved a good closure to their fav anime also....he is happy with S4 pv and says that it shows their commitment.....man I really thank mappa for taking it and thinking about fans ....they are the reason we are getting an sugoi ending otherwise we would never be able to see such a great plot with such great ost by sawano!...........lets hope for the best.......
Oct 10, 2020 11:30 PM
Jun 2020
Nxt_Arsenic said:
in

And you can see at the end that they are preparing from 3 years.Thanks wit studio they informed that they can't animate s4.while animating season 3
Oct 10, 2020 11:50 PM
Jun 2019
Skjilani said:
Nxt_Arsenic said:
in

And you can see at the end that they are preparing from 3 years.Thanks wit studio they informed that they can't animate s4.while animating season 3

Hm...they were planning to animate it till break point..so..
Nxt_ArsenicOct 11, 2020 5:43 AM
Oct 10, 2020 11:54 PM

Jan 2009
they are in production of this for 3 years already which is misleading imo if you think that is interpreted they have a good production schedule

compare that to PA Works that usually do 1 cour original anime that has total 3 years of production too https://twitter.com/PAWORKS_eng/status/1116720485113290752

and LISTENERS original anime by MAPPA which is 7 years in production and look at how mediocre that show is and its only 1 cour too https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interview/2020-06-15/listeners-series-composition-writer-dai-sato/.159959

its not much promising so if time (good production schedule) is not enough then they have to compensate for talent like a lot of sakuga animators

but to be fair LISTENERS maybe an original anime but MAPPA is not part of its production committee source https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nhT1ebLxejyagiiLET8ajDu9CnHaTrhsRsjNdiRfur0/edit?usp=sharing

so hope that MAPPA is part of the production committee of Attack on Titan Final season so they can prioritize it too

the final season is suppose to have 27-30 episodes so thats 2.5 cours too and not just 1 cour

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Mar 28, 2021

692 by wibugar »»
May 10, 1:11 AM

» The one thing I dont understand now is, why WIT censored so much the violence?

MAQS - Dec 20, 2020

26 by SoughtLi »»
Apr 28, 7:26 PM

Poll: » If Eren was in avatar...

TASM18 - Apr 17

18 by belugaanime »»
Apr 19, 2:12 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 7, 2021

513 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Apr 13, 8:01 AM

» Isayama: The Perfect Architect ( 1 2 )

Mikasa - Mar 29, 2021

65 by benisfroms »»
Apr 10, 8:21 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.