Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Wandering Witch: The Journey of Elaina (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Oct 4, 2020 7:25 AM
Sep 2018
In short this is a very bright colorful anime and its a great detox from the real world. There was one sad scene in episode one but it was really wholesome and heartwarming. With everything that's going on in the world, a joyful anime like this is really something to enjoy.
story: 8/10
animation: 10/10
character design: 7/10
The main protagonist is a very joyful character who hasn't faced a lot of issues in her life and so far everything has come easy to her (though through hard work.) I'd love to see how she develops in the story and deals with problems and obstacles that come her way.
Oct 4, 2020 8:15 AM
Aug 2020
I loved animation too!
Oct 4, 2020 3:58 PM

Nov 2009
It's like a massive middle finger to all the low budget cliché shows that are being pumped out by the dozens every season.
This production quality, animation and overall visuals are definitely top tier and possibly the best that I've seen so far.
The plot and characters were excellent, and the music was quite good imo.
I really hope this quality keeps up.
Oct 4, 2020 4:05 PM
🔥🔥🔥

Jan 2020
I thought it was a great first episode. It really set things up well. I'm glad we didn't get loads of episodes of her training up and instead we get to see her go on her adventure as of the next episode. I hope it keeps things light-hearted and fun - I'm not really up for this if it gets too melancholy. I reckon this will be one of the gems this season but I guess we'll see what happens.

🔥 🔥 🔥 . 阿良々木 暦, 傷 物 語 . 🔥 🔥 🔥
Build a man a fire and you'll warm him for a night
but set a man on fire and you'll warm him
for the rest of his life...
- H E N D Y -
Oct 4, 2020 6:14 PM

Jul 2020
It appears to be a really nice story. I liked Elaina up to nown, seems a great MC. Hope the story keeps going wonderfully. This one and Tonikaku Kawaii seem to be the most promising of Fall 2020
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Check my latest web novel on Our Greatest Comeback🦊⛩️ and please drop a like or comment if you liked it!
Oct 4, 2020 7:21 PM

Mar 2015
Fantastic first impression. Loved everything about it, the animation and design are all on point. That fighting test was incredible, didn't expect to see that kind of action. I know MAL scores shouldn't be much to judge upon but I feel this is kinda low, hopefully it gets higher later on.
Oct 4, 2020 11:12 PM

Feb 2019
I find this anime wholesome just from reading the synopsis. I'd love me some wholesome animes in these trying times.
Based Certified.
I love anime armpits.
Oct 7, 2020 8:26 AM
Jan 2013
mr_pr_sato said:
In short this is a very bright colorful anime and its a great detox from the real world. There was one sad scene in episode one but it was really wholesome and heartwarming. With everything that's going on in the world, a joyful anime like this is really something to enjoy.
story: 8/10
animation: 10/10
character design: 7/10
The main protagonist is a very joyful character who hasn't faced a lot of issues in her life and so far everything has come easy to her (though through hard work.) I'd love to see how she develops in the story and deals with problems and obstacles that come her way.

Yeah, I second that.
Oct 7, 2020 10:37 AM
Feb 2020
Unbidden LN reader here. Don't get your hopes up. That's all I am gonna say. I just hope the anime will turn up to be very good with some anime magic.

Don't get me wrong, I love the LN and the series dearly, which is why I am still keeping up with the series, but it's not going to be anything mind blowing story-wise. In the LN community, Majo no Tabitabi is known as the "budget" Kino no Tabi.

For what it's worth, the first episode exceeded my expectations, so there's that.
Oct 7, 2020 5:11 PM
Mar 2018
As someone half jokingly into wicca, been waiting for this to come out since i heard it was announced, and the wholesomeness did not disappoint.

Love the art style, animation and wow its so pretty aaa

Can't wait to see where it goes (if i dont give in to reading the manga haha)
Oct 7, 2020 6:04 PM
Jun 2019
Looks like best show of Fall 2020.
Fran-sensei is so f*****g cute,clumsy,dangerous and adorable!
Oct 7, 2020 9:10 PM

Aug 2016
kirbykat said:
Unbidden LN reader here. Don't get your hopes up. That's all I am gonna say. I just hope the anime will turn up to be very good with some anime magic.

Don't get me wrong, I love the LN and the series dearly, which is why I am still keeping up with the series, but it's not going to be anything mind blowing story-wise. In the LN community, Majo no Tabitabi is known as the "budget" Kino no Tabi.

For what it's worth, the first episode exceeded my expectations, so there's that.

Well, I'm expecting it to be a Kino no Tabi lite, so I'd be satisfied if I got that.
Who are you and why do you show your hostility towards a complete stranger whom you've not once spoken with before. Are you seriously asking to get blocked? Well, if that's what your intent is; to tempt me into throwing hands with someone as lowly and insignificant as you, then i may grant your wish provided you articulate yourself a bit better when trying to spite a person of my wavelength.
Oct 8, 2020 4:55 AM

Jul 2016
kirbykat said:

To be honest, as somebody who watched 1 ep. of the original Kino and instantly dropped it, and who has watched Kino 2017 full, Majo no Tabitabi already feels way better.

Not only Elaine has a lot more flair and personality than Kino, but the surrounding world (at least as far as we've seen for now) also feels a lot more natural and believable than the ridiculously-forced cultural gimmicks Kino no Tabi constantly went for.
Oct 8, 2020 5:22 AM

Mar 2012
I went into this not really knowing much, so I had no real expectations other than the fact that episode 1 was received pretty well on MAL. Ended up being easily my favorite first episode of all the new series I started this season. Feels like a SoL fantasy style, if that's even a thing, lol.

Regardless, I'm excited to see where this goes. I ended up liking Elaina a lot from the get-go, so that certainly helps.
Oct 12, 2020 10:26 AM
Oct 2020
what a trash anime, I don't even know why ppl liking this anime 🤦‍♂️, ppl are really lusty for 2-d anime girl
story is fine but not that good.
rating-4/10
Oct 12, 2020 12:39 PM
Jul 2020
I loved the op and Elaina. She is very good designed and it's very good to see animes like that,it's very enjoyable
Oct 13, 2020 6:11 AM
Jan 2018
I have a feeling this series isn't supposed to be fully wholesome , it's going to take a few dark turns I think
Oct 14, 2020 1:28 AM
Mar 2016
Mattinator95 said:
I have a feeling this series isn't supposed to be fully wholesome , it's going to take a few dark turns I think

Yeah the next episode is the beginning of the depressing shit
Oct 14, 2020 1:38 AM

Jun 2020
Seems like a nice slice of life anime. The person of above saying that the depressing shit is going to start is sort of... concerning, but I think I can brace for it.

Elaina is also surprisingly like able. For some reason anime has this thing where they always make female main character extremely... annoying and childish. It’s refreshing to see a female MC like Elaina :)
Oct 22, 2020 3:44 AM
Jan 2008
Argh, first episode was painful. Parents teach child the lesson of... what, exactly? The teacher takes a bribe to bully a hard-working child into being more irresponsible and not being as mindful as others as she is? I don't know what the show was 'meant' to make a point of (cos it sure-as-hell wasn't "you don't have to endure unfairness"), but I'll I took away from it was that our MC was told to quit trying to be a witch if it meant putting up with assholes who know they're being assholes.

I mean, just think about it: she needs to be an apprentice to someone to get this 'witch' qualification, but nobody bar one person will teach her. That one person happens to be bribed by her fricking parents - people who the MC thinks has her best intentions in mind - to "help her by 'showing her her place in society' and to violently brute-force her into being less diligent about contributing to others, no matter the repercussions"? Above this, she spends a month putting up with her parents' and teacher's bullying-shit only to be told that she should never have tried in the first place?!

The fuuuck was the studio or author tryyying to articulate here? Because they utterly screwed all of it up. All of it. They don't frame the teacher as bad but instead as wholesome!? It felt utterly incongruous seeing this teen with a freshly-minted wound/scar across her face, realising that everyone is an asshole all because she's not an idiot and works hard, only for things to flip into an important lesson in Stockholm syndrome...

...Seeing that nearly nobody seems to have an issue with this episode, I'm just going to assume that everyone read the manga or something and are filling the gaps super-seamlessly. Looking ahead at the threads for episodes 2-3, it seems the butchering of moral messages to/for the audience don't stop either--which is a huge shame when the show looks so-damn beautiful...
(Like, soooo beautiful. We've really been spoiled for animation this season. So much great-looking stuff, even the trash).
Nov 19, 2020 5:15 AM

May 2018
The first impression is like it's a moe clone of Kino no Tabi. Those constant ara ara, sighs, pantings and moans.
But it still may turn into something interesting, I believe.

Nov 23, 2020 10:24 AM
Jun 2014
Well, it certainly has an interesting premise. If i were to point out flaws it would be the ultra japanese mindset. Hammer the nail that sticks out. It's terrible and talented people are shot down for being better at something than the rest.

I understand the "teach a lesson" thing her mother did as it was a reasonable experience, but it goes beyond that. Don't think you're special.. Jesus christ what mother says that to her child?
Nov 23, 2020 11:11 AM

Nov 2019
It has a very fresh and rich color palette. Some of the animation and the sfx used is magnificent. The music is just above mediocre and the pacing is more or less good. However the uninteresting characters, Saya's presence, vapid storylines and tactless world building made me drop the show at episode 6. Hopefully episode 9 is really good, so it can force me to undrop it. Too bad I have to spoil myself a bit to be sure. Kino no Tabi is in my ptw, hopefully that one's loads better.
"All truth is meaningless. In the end, 'meaning' comes from the mind of each individual human. Even when there is a single truth, it can mean different things to different individuals. The truth has no meaning in itself!" - Erika Furudo
Nov 27, 2020 4:28 AM

May 2018
Laplace_kun said:
Kino no Tabi is in my ptw, hopefully that one's loads better.

You'd better start with 2004 version then, if you don't want your expectations to be destroyed once more. I mean, the 2017 one may be nice, too, but that's nothing to compare with the original.

Nov 27, 2020 11:04 AM

Nov 2019
Nemo_Niemand said:
Laplace_kun said:
Kino no Tabi is in my ptw, hopefully that one's loads better.

You'd better start with 2004 version then, if you don't want your expectations to be destroyed once more. I mean, the 2017 one may be nice, too, but that's nothing to compare with the original.

Ah I see... Noted :)
"All truth is meaningless. In the end, 'meaning' comes from the mind of each individual human. Even when there is a single truth, it can mean different things to different individuals. The truth has no meaning in itself!" - Erika Furudo
Nov 30, 2020 1:37 PM
Jul 2018
I'm 4 episodes in and this week I'll continue. So far, I really like it. Elaina herself is a fresh breath of air, because she seems to be more like a real human being all in all and doesn't even try to come off as a saint, who wants to help everyone.
The animation is really nice, I like the world and setting and some story ideas. I will see how it continues.
Dec 7, 2020 7:24 AM

May 2019
nyahope said:
As someone half jokingly into wicca, been waiting for this to come out since i heard it was announced, and the wholesomeness did not disappoint.

what would you like to say about the 'wholesomeness' of the anime now? 😆
Heavens committed a sin.
Dec 7, 2020 7:11 PM
Mar 2018
LordGrim9987 said:
nyahope said:

what would you like to say about the 'wholesomeness' of the anime now? 😆

Certainly not going how i expected for sure bahaha

Still love it tho❤ Refreshing not having an overconfident MC

More topics from this board

» Does anyone know how long Elaina has been traveling and what age she started

Ninja_inslops - Nov 1, 2021

8 by Ranka-Nyan »»
Apr 19, 9:38 AM

Poll: » Majo no Tabitabi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2020

243 by BlueBullet178 »»
Apr 12, 5:33 PM

Poll: » Majo no Tabitabi Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 4, 2020

129 by BlueBullet178 »»
Apr 11, 11:37 AM

Poll: » Majo no Tabitabi Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 13, 2020

173 by BlueBullet178 »»
Apr 9, 7:41 PM

Poll: » Majo no Tabitabi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2020

276 by BlueBullet178 »»
Apr 9, 7:38 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.