Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 27, 2020 4:05 PM

Apr 2018
I noticed few hours ago that about 20k votes have disappeared from the total voters as it was +80k two days ago, and the score was 7,53 at that time. I made this thread in case mods didn't notice this.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 27, 2020 4:57 PM

Dec 2018
That's because the show is now considered "finished airing". When a show is airing, every single vote counts towards its score, but when it finishes, the only votes that contribute are the ones that are given after they have watched more than 1/5 of the series.
Sep 27, 2020 5:29 PM

Feb 2018
the show status is changed from ongoing to finished, when this happen, only score from people who watch more than 1/5 episodes of the series. so that 20k votes were people who still didn't watch/drop the series before episode 3.
Sep 27, 2020 5:55 PM

Apr 2018
I know about this rule, but I thought that those votes will only not counted and not removed! Thanks guys for explaining.
Sep 27, 2020 6:13 PM
Aug 2020
Holy crap, this show took a huge drop in score from episode 1, i thought it’d maintain 8.00 but 7.45 isn’t bad but for a show with high expectations, it’s a bit disappointing
Sep 27, 2020 6:22 PM

Apr 2018
Ofcool2947 said:
Holy crap, this show took a huge drop in score from episode 1, i thought it’d maintain 8.00 but 7.45 isn’t bad but for a show with high expectations, it’s a bit disappointing

Yeah same happened with Tower of God, hope this doesn't happen with Noblesse too.
Sep 27, 2020 6:55 PM

Dec 2016
Ofcool2947 said:
i thought it’d maintain 8.00 but 7.45 isn’t bad but for a show with high expectations, it’s a bit disappointing

It's a mediocre score actually. For modern seasonal shows which had some degree of hype-factor surrounding them, a score between 7.0-7.5 usually means that something didn't go out exactly very well. When they fall below 7.00 it simply means that for the community, it's straight crap.
Sep 27, 2020 11:44 PM

Jul 2017
The only problem I see is that its not lower.

Jkjk, but its because its now finished, and given how many people went from loving the first episode from first impressions (not me), to turning on it since the show basically fucked itself over with bad pacing and material, obvious the score dropped a lot. I have no idea how it's going to look when the actual final episode airs, cause that's when the score really can change big given the kind of show it is, but we'll see. Doesn't really matter too much though.
Sep 27, 2020 11:45 PM
Jun 2020
HaChiiman said:
Ofcool2947 said:

Yeah same happened with Tower of God, hope this doesn't happen with Noblesse too.
tower of god still has a higher score plus it didn't drop as hard as this
Sep 28, 2020 12:13 AM

May 2020
No offense, I am surprised it is above 7....
My MALoween✟Mansion 2022 Candies :
Sep 28, 2020 2:29 AM

Feb 2018
HaChiiman said:
Ofcool2947 said:

Tower of God was more stable until last episode. God of Highschool just straight drop every episodes

Sep 28, 2020 2:49 AM

May 2018
HaChiiman said:
Ofcool2947 said:

If they're not well received, then we might not get any more webtoons adapted
Sep 28, 2020 3:16 AM

Jul 2017
HERE WE GO AGAIN WITH THE RIDICULOUS SCORE RAISE/DROP DUSCUSSION...

Like Tower of God, God of High School are fast-pace Korean webtoons that even with chapter starts and endings, flows like never-ending fiction books of stories. With that said, the score drop is already VERY obvious from the get-go.

Looks like 2020's becoming a curse for Korean manhwa adaptations more than being the Golden Age for anime.
Just hoping that next season's Noblesse will NOT suffer the same fate.
Sep 28, 2020 4:26 AM

Feb 2018
KANLen09 said:

It will.
13 episodes and lot of webtoon chapters, just like ToG and GoHS.
Sep 28, 2020 7:10 AM
Sep 2019
How the hell is the score this low when the series delivered some incredible fights? It honestly baffles me how a show this fantastic in my opinion have a score this low.
Sep 28, 2020 7:38 AM
Mar 2019
LeighV1 said:
How the hell is the score this low when the series delivered some incredible fights? It honestly baffles me how a show this fantastic in my opinion have a score this low.

ridiculously AWFUL pacing - the wedding episode felt like a slap to the face, treating the viewer as if they were a toddler, and it all fell down a slippery slope from there
Sep 28, 2020 7:49 AM

Nov 2016
KANLen09 said:

Hahahahahahaha.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 28, 2020 7:54 AM

Jan 2017
Ofcool2947 said:

This show is all style and no substance thanks to the rushed adaptation from Crunchyroll. Crunchyroll crunched 110+ chapters into 13 episodes which threw the pacing all over the production board. This anime is quality no doubt but for anime-only audience, it is a mess.
Sep 28, 2020 7:55 AM

Apr 2017
LeighV1 said:

The same reason why Transformers movies have shit ratings from critics even though it's a great action movie, kind sir.
Sep 28, 2020 8:04 AM

Oct 2017
KANLen09 said:

It will be worse. Noblesse will also have 13 episodes. There was Raskreia in the key visual of noblesse which means they'll show her in the anime. She appears in Lukedonia arc and that arc end at chapter 200. So yeah we are most likely gonna see 200 chapters adapted in 13 episodes. Granted there was a lot actions in the chapters and the earlier chapters are shorter compared to GOH but BRUH! it's still 200 whole chapters.
Sep 28, 2020 8:06 AM

Jul 2017
MegamiRem said:
KANLen09 said:

It will be worse. Noblesse will also have 13 episodes. There was Raskreia in the key visual of noblesse which means they'll show her in the anime. She appears in Lukedonia arc and that arc end at chapter 200. So yeah we are most likely gonna see 200 chapters adapted in 13 episodes. Granted there was a lot actions in the chapters and the earlier chapters are shorter compared to GOH but BRUH! it's still 200 whole chapters.
HEHEH we're in for some worse times already, can foresee that this will be another blemish in the anime industry, what a lofty goal for Crunchyroll.
Sep 28, 2020 8:09 AM

Oct 2017
KANLen09 said:
MegamiRem said:
HEHEH we're in for some worse times already, can foresee that this will be another blemish in the anime industry, what a lofty goal for Crunchyroll.
They were smoking some high quality stuff when they made this decision. I wonder where they grow those, surely not on this earth.
Sep 28, 2020 8:33 AM
May 2015
LeighV1 said:
It's not all about the fights.

God of High School has impressive animation, sure, but that's all the show has it's going for. The show has little to no story and the characters are absolutely forgettable. I don't care if the fight scenes looks incredible if the show is doing nothing to make me give a shit about the story or its characters.

Sep 28, 2020 8:47 AM

Jul 2015
LeighV1 said:
Because fights are the only thing that exist, right?
Sep 28, 2020 9:10 AM
Dec 2018
HaChiiman said:
Ofcool2947 said:

dude, Crunchyroll is on the Production commitee. Noblesse is fucked, dont even get your hopes up.
Sep 28, 2020 10:03 AM
Aug 2020
Synchronisity said:
Ofcool2947 said:

This show is all style and no substance thanks to the rushed adaptation from Crunchyroll. Crunchyroll crunched 110+ chapters into 13 episodes which threw the pacing all over the production board. This anime is quality no doubt but for anime-only audience, it is a mess.

Well thankfully it’s over, no more monday suffering
Sep 28, 2020 10:31 AM

Jul 2019
I enjoy God of High School. Well, I never set any expectations so it can only be positive. I watched this for the fights and it delivered. Who cares about the story
Sep 28, 2020 12:07 PM
Apr 2018
Nothing is wrong with the score.

JIN MORI didn't made a decent wish, which affected the score.
Sep 28, 2020 1:07 PM

Apr 2011
LeighV1 said:

Your opinion/taste may be the issue here.
Sep 28, 2020 1:27 PM
Aug 2020
IKKIsama said:
LeighV1 said:

Your opinion/taste may be the issue here.

legit i agree ten billion percent

as much as the statements ive seen about the show, im surprised the score isnt in the 6 already
ahjhj1717Sep 28, 2020 1:34 PM
Sep 28, 2020 6:55 PM

Sep 2015
I was about to act high and almighty and say "why do you people keep worrying that much about scores? It is jus MAL score" but then I remembered how I was freaking out when FMAB almost lost the top spot to Attack on titan season 3 2nd part.
Sep 28, 2020 9:03 PM
Oct 2013
I think the score is fitting. Heck, it might 'flatter to deceive' kind of score. But, I also agree that the fight is decent and understand why people who enjoyed it will give a high rating. But' personally, I craved for a story even if it was cliche, etc. but disappointingly GoH even failed to do that.
I cannot bring myself to rate anime that I have completed below 5. Well, it just because I have use up my precious time to watch it. so, the worse you will get from me is 5 (changes may apply)
Sep 28, 2020 9:51 PM
Jan 2020
It's still overrated. No way it deserves a >7 score.

How much further is the score going to Fall? I think it might actually fall below 7 in a year or so.
Sep 28, 2020 10:12 PM

Jun 2009
Xystus said:
LeighV1 said:

The same reason why Transformers movies have shit ratings from critics even though it's a great action movie, kind sir.

it's a popcorn flick not great but enjoyable, with is why I wish mal had enjoyment score and quilty of show score cause that's how u get ppl with everyone shows 10/10 cause they rate based off enjoyment and they loved it so it was great
Sep 29, 2020 2:59 AM

Apr 2018
Galenus15 said:
AhmedJafar1 said:
I was about to act high and almighty and say "why do you people keep worrying that much about scores? It is jus MAL score" but then I remembered how I was freaking out when FMAB almost lost the top spot to Attack on titan season 3 2nd part.

How about when Interspecies Reviewers took the top spot for a short time?

First, Interspecies Reviewers didn't took the top spot, it took the second place due to thousands of troll accounts!
Sep 29, 2020 3:03 AM

Jan 2016
imperlast said:
Xystus said:

it's a popcorn flick not great but enjoyable, with is why I wish mal had enjoyment score and quilty of show score cause that's how u get ppl with everyone shows 10/10 cause they rate based off enjoyment and they loved it so it was great

Yes, if they loved it then it's great for them. I don't see the problem?
Sep 29, 2020 3:16 AM

Sep 2015
Galenus15 said:
AhmedJafar1 said:

How about when Interspecies Reviewers took the top spot for a short time?

LOL! that was obviously troll voting, so I didn't care that much. I was funny actually.
Sep 29, 2020 5:33 AM
Oct 2019
What is wrong with these low number appears on the Reviews tab
Sep 29, 2020 10:23 AM
Feb 2020
RobinTheKing said:
imperlast said:

Yes, if they loved it then it's great for them. I don't see the problem?

Of course it's good if they enjoy them but it doesn't make the show objectively better than a 7
The world is mine
Sep 29, 2020 7:52 PM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
I like how ToG ppl were afraid of GoH being better than it to how the tog fans joined force to make sure GoH doesn't surpass it. A dude with Khun as his pfp put a review on this anime is enough to tell what's going on. lmao

Not that I care much about neither of them. They are both bad and rushed in general.
Fuwa_sanSep 29, 2020 7:56 PM
Sep 30, 2020 7:50 PM
Mar 2016
xkazutox said:
I like how ToG ppl were afraid of GoH being better than it to how the tog fans joined force to make sure GoH doesn't surpass it. A dude with Khun as his pfp put a review on this anime is enough to tell what's going on. lmao

Not that I care much about neither of them. They are both bad and rushed in general.

That's a hasty generalization right there. By that flawed logic of yours, AoT and MHA fans in general also hate this anime since there are negative reviewers with Zeke and Deku as profile pictures
Oct 1, 2020 12:46 AM
Apr 2019
why everybody vote score 7? this anime more deserve score 8 or 9
Oct 1, 2020 1:52 AM

Aug 2017
omshibiribiri said:

cuz the pacing is a mess and the characters are terrible.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Oct 1, 2020 3:02 AM
Jul 2013
omshibiribiri said:

God of Highschool deserves like 4 or 5. The only redeeming quality it had going for it was the animation, and to some extent the music.

The characters are fucking trash, the plot doesn't exist, the antagonists are literally brain dead, acting like they are kids in the kindergarden, they also literally have lags, they stand in the same spot for 20+ minutes doing nothing but looking at stuff while repeating the same voiceline over and over. Its just a dumb power fantasy of a retarded idiot inspired by Dragon Ball Z.
Oct 3, 2020 7:09 PM

Jan 2018
Armados said:
omshibiribiri said:

God of Highschool deserves like 4 or 5. The only redeeming quality it had going for it was the animation, and to some extent the music.

The characters are fucking trash, the plot doesn't exist, the antagonists are literally brain dead, acting like they are kids in the kindergarden, they also literally have lags, they stand in the same spot for 20+ minutes doing nothing but looking at stuff while repeating the same voiceline over and over. Its just a dumb power fantasy of a retarded idiot inspired by Dragon Ball Z.

I agree. Story building > Fights
Oct 8, 2020 5:23 AM

May 2017
ikr, sad
this is why people to much hype and then people hate it
Oct 8, 2020 5:05 PM
Sep 2016
This adaptation is unashamedly made for the webtoon readers and honestly... that's fucking great. Style over substance was a great choice here. This is what I craved as a GoH fan so I appreciate these 13 episodes of pure fan service. That's right, this ENTIRE season is FAN SERVICE for existing fans. I'm well aware they may have lost a lot of potential new audience influx with this decision and fumbled a second season, but sacrifices must be made.

Thank you MAPPA for a great guilty pleasure, minus the guilt.
Oct 12, 2020 8:49 PM

Jul 2019
Estonianbear said:
This adaptation is unashamedly made for the webtoon readers and honestly... that's fucking great. Style over substance was a great choice here. This is what I craved as a GoH fan so I appreciate these 13 episodes of pure fan service. That's right, this ENTIRE season is FAN SERVICE for existing fans. I'm well aware they may have lost a lot of potential new audience influx with this decision and fumbled a second season, but sacrifices must be made.

Thank you MAPPA for a great guilty pleasure, minus the guilt.

Wouldn't you as a fan of the webtoon want better? Considering this will in fact turn extremely many people off from actually wanting to read the webtoon.
Subarashii
Oct 13, 2020 3:14 AM
Sep 2016
FFCreations said:
Wouldn't you as a fan of the webtoon want better? Considering this will in fact turn extremely many people off from actually wanting to read the webtoon.

The webtoon is about to end, so no, I'll take the fanservice this time. If they were to fully adapt the webtoon with great quality, it'd take a ridiculous amount of time over multiple seasons to get anywhere and it probably wouldn't be worth the risk in this case. Hell, it might be less successful than what we got now. They'd still have to cut tons of corners and it might lead to some people (like I was with Tower of God) being even more pissed off.

If you've read the manhwa, you'll understand why a full adaptation would be incredibly time consuming. Noblesse is far easier to adapt and they are going for the slow route. Time will tell if GoH ever had a chance based on how well Noblesse succeeds.
Oct 14, 2020 2:28 PM

Jul 2019
Estonianbear said:
FFCreations said:

The webtoon is about to end, so no, I'll take the fanservice this time. If they were to fully adapt the webtoon with great quality, it'd take a ridiculous amount of time over multiple seasons to get anywhere and it probably wouldn't be worth the risk in this case. Hell, it might be less successful than what we got now. They'd still have to cut tons of corners and it might lead to some people (like I was with Tower of God) being even more pissed off.

If you've read the manhwa, you'll understand why a full adaptation would be incredibly time consuming. Noblesse is far easier to adapt and they are going for the slow route. Time will tell if GoH ever had a chance based on how well Noblesse succeeds.

Noblesse is NOT going the "slow route" though? They're planning to adapt an insane amount of chapters in very few episodes.
Subarashii
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » The God of High School Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jul 20, 2020

269 by --Kiyotaka-- »»
Apr 22, 6:51 PM

Poll: » The God of High School Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jul 13, 2020

289 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 17, 4:59 AM

Poll: » The God of High School Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 6, 2020

488 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 17, 4:54 AM

Poll: » The God of High School Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

SingleH - Sep 28, 2020

336 by Cheonyu »»
Mar 2, 2:52 AM

» MAPPA

BigHomieTrapa - Aug 29, 2021

11 by JamesWilli »»
Nov 25, 2023 2:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.