Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 26, 2020 1:37 PM
Jan 2019
Don't get me wrong the series is quite a fun read but 8.93 is too high of a score in my opinion.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 26, 2020 2:11 PM
Jul 2018
I agree dude. I enjoy the manwha, but it's just a standard power fantasy schtick with superficial depth at best. Perhaps it's because the MC is ultra edgy.
Aug 26, 2020 2:35 PM

Jul 2019
hey remember demon slayer, it is basically that.

you have to remember that the general audience will overrate anything, even if there is great art but bad narrative. the general audience finds good in everything, and stuff that is out of the norm makes it all the better.
Aug 26, 2020 3:24 PM
Jul 2017
Korean Demon Slayer.
Aug 26, 2020 3:26 PM
Jul 2018
Everything is, as well as your anime taste.
Aug 26, 2020 8:04 PM

Mar 2015
supransh said:
Don't get me wrong the series is quite a fun read but 8.93 is too high of a score in my opinion.

thanks for your opinion, BUT WHO THE FUCK CARES?
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Aug 26, 2020 8:38 PM
May 2018
Completely agree with you
Aug 26, 2020 9:19 PM

Jul 2013
Not yet.. it should atleast be 9.0 .
Aug 26, 2020 10:32 PM

Aug 2018
Meh, it does what it sets out to achieve very well. Like one punch man, it might not have a great narrative but for what it does try to achieve, it achieves very well. At least, that’s what my mindset was when reading/rating it. Objectively it probably isn’t deserving of it, but me and many others find it very fun, so they give it a high score, imo it’s as simple as that really.
Aug 26, 2020 11:31 PM

Aug 2020
Kuma said:
supransh said:

I care, also try to respect his opinion or gtfo
私は禁止されています、これは偽のアカウントです
Aug 26, 2020 11:36 PM

Aug 2020
I agree man, I don't understand why people hyped it up as the next coming of god. I have no clue.

And for the people saying why should I let it bother me. Well, here's how it goes, when a large LARGE group of people tell you something, then even if it is a little, it does have an influence on you. And you people have no idea how many people hyped up Solo Leveling and they still do. Also the score, hot damn the score, I have no clue how HxH, 3-gatsu no Lion, Vinland Saga, and Death Note is below Solo Leveling. The top manga rankings are a huge mess.
私は禁止されています、これは偽のアカウントです
Aug 27, 2020 12:58 AM

May 2013
What difference would it make to you if it was rated 6 ?

This discussion makes no sense.
Truly a Divine Comedy
Aug 27, 2020 3:29 AM

Jul 2017
Everyone here is aware that there are people who find this "overrated."

What is the point of this thread? We know.

Why does this need a voice? lmao

Aug 27, 2020 5:26 AM

Jun 2012
Because its a good wish fulfillment story. And it's edgy to boot, which is everyone's delusion at some point, right!

So with that in mind it deserves a high score
Aug 27, 2020 8:30 AM

Jul 2020
I think that the reason why its rated so high is that it does one basic thing absolutely right and that is: it entertains the reader. And when something really entertains someone despite the fact that it's kinda typical I guess then people like it even more. I mean the manhwa never tries to look like a plot driven story. It aims to deliver nice banging action and it does that right.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 27, 2020 8:37 AM

Nov 2018
Oh i don't know, maybe because of the art style? Or the perfect pacing it executes? Or maybe because of the fine ass character development that it delivers which we all were craving for? Just accept it, nearly ever anime fan just craves for these things and Solo leveling absolutely nailed it in that aspect.
Aug 27, 2020 10:32 AM

Jan 2019
Hentry said:
Kuma said:

I understand what you're trying to say about respecting someones opinion but who actually DOES care if the OP doesn't even bother explaining his reasoning? Do you REALLY care or do you just happen to share the same opinion? All he says is that it's good but a score of 8.93 is too high. Is this even a discussion? If you're making a claim you should at least support it with something.
Aug 27, 2020 11:48 AM

Aug 2020
Anastacius said:
Hentry said:

I understand what you're trying to say about respecting someones opinion but who actually DOES care if the OP doesn't even bother explaining his reasoning? Do you REALLY care or do you just happen to share the same opinion? All he says is that it's good but a score of 8.93 is too high. Is this even a discussion? If you're making a claim you should at least support it with something.

Okay yeah I do admit that he should've made some valid claims to back his opinion up. An appropriate response to this post would be someone asking why he thinks it's overrated, you don't have to be nice, you can be harsh what matters is you asking WHY he thinks its overrated, what did that guy do instead? First they themselves pointed out it was an opinion, and they something as stupid as "Who cares", do people like often forget what is an opinion?
Okay yeah my opinion is similar to his, but if I was a Solo Leveling fan my reply would be this, "Hey fucking idiot, why do you think that it is overrated?" but what did that guy do instead? This:

What do you think this is, Twitter? They sound like a teenage Tik Toker who uses Twitter, god it's just so cringe. You think people need you to care about their opinion? You think you speak for everyone? If you do know that it's an opinion then why not treat it like one. Acknowledge that it is an opinion, accept the opinion, judge the opinion, I don't care if you judge nicely or harshly but you can't skip those primary steps. Saying some dumb shit like you speak for everyone on the internet.
私は禁止されています、これは偽のアカウントです
Aug 27, 2020 4:09 PM

May 2015
Hentry said:
Kuma said:

If someone feels the need to make a "tHiS iS oVeRrAtEd" thread, then I'm not going to respect their opinion. Especially when they don't even attempt to make any arguments.

Aug 27, 2020 9:27 PM

May 2020
Kuma said:
supransh said:

that is indeed correct. I don't know why people come here on forums just to do this kind of stuff.
My MALoween✟Mansion 2022 Candies :
Aug 27, 2020 9:29 PM

Mar 2015
Hentry said:
Kuma said:

his opinion didn't even have any value to respecting.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Aug 28, 2020 3:49 AM

Oct 2013
How original never read this before. This is the most pointless post you could ever make since there's always someone who thinks a certain work is overrated

Hentry said:
Kuma said:

He has the right to express his opinion, but i don't have to respect it though

Triginta said:
Everything is, as well as your anime taste.

THIS
Aug 28, 2020 8:55 AM

Apr 2014
Everything is overrated in MAL.
Aug 28, 2020 8:58 AM
Jul 2018
fistyoursoul said:
Everything is overrated in MAL.

if everything is overrated then nothing is
Aug 28, 2020 10:50 AM
Jul 2018
I got up to the end of the 'Dungeon & Prisoners Arc' (at least that is the name from the wiki) around chapter 30-34 of the webtoon and then I stopped, it had really good art but it's story was quite generic. What is the point of a protagonist if he is perfect at every single thing, even Saitama has weaknesses, that being he isn't very smart. But in here he solves every single problem with a power up. Maybe if the plot wasn't so utterly generic and the fact that a 'real life levelling system' is so overdone nowadays, I might have kept going.

I have no clue as to why it is above Tower of God, when TOG beats it in every other category except for maybe the art design, but the art of TOG gets dramatically better as it goes along, even close to SL's level so I can't even give it an edge for that.
removed-userAug 28, 2020 10:55 AM
Aug 28, 2020 10:55 AM

Apr 2016
As always everything revolves around tastes, so I think this kind of thread are useless. By the way, it may be blocked by a moderator soon.
Aug 31, 2020 7:27 PM

Dec 2012
That just mean the series is good for majority of people..smh
Sep 1, 2020 4:50 PM
Jun 2020
Someone's mad at the fact Jin didn't end up with Esil. Ah, please continue. I wanna know more.
Sep 2, 2020 10:32 AM

Mar 2018
Sometimes I shiver at night wondering whether this webtoon is a masterpiece or just average, and now I know, its only flaw is that it's overrated! Thank you for this information! Good to know that the story and the art is amazing and that its just overrated!
Sep 2, 2020 12:19 PM

Dec 2018
i mean, its all opinion. thought fms: brotherhood was the most ovveratted thing ive saw
Sep 2, 2020 6:20 PM

Sep 2014
TsukuyomiREKT said:
Hentry said:

If someone feels the need to make a "tHiS iS oVeRrAtEd" thread, then I'm not going to respect their opinion. Especially when they don't even attempt to make any arguments.

People like you who cannot respect other people's opinion is the reason why threads end up derailing. Good job.
Sep 2, 2020 6:46 PM

Aug 2017
u just said overrated but doesnt have any excuse why u said it
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 2, 2020 7:13 PM

Jan 2019
A high score is indicative that a large portion of the community enjoyed a series. As others have stated, tastes are subjective so there's no real point in saying something is overrated. The scores themselves have different interpretations per person as well.

Some people analyze a series and determine a score based on story, artwork, soundtrack, character dynamics etc. while others may rate a series based on pure enjoyment with no regard for cliches, tropes, plot holes, or deus ex machinas. There are also those who rate a series based on a hybrid of factors previously stated. There isn't a wrong way to rate something. It's opinion.

As for Solo Leveling, I don't find the series overrated. I think the artwork is phenomenal, the power system is interesting, the setting is interesting, and the battles are great. I enjoy reading it.
Sep 2, 2020 10:43 PM

Aug 2008
Lol. Do not know.
Is me wrong rating high something i enjoy?
Lately seems so on this forums. I see this everywhere.
Why i rate it high?
1. Great graphic
2. Cool op mc
3. Even might not seen this manwha does has a story
4. I enjoy purely at individusl snd i dont need to be judge by my taste
I read all kind of manwha/mangas etc
The spider is watching
Sep 3, 2020 7:24 AM

Dec 2019
no one really cares bout ur opinion so sumn
                                                         🖤   

Sep 3, 2020 9:48 AM

Apr 2015
Hrybami said:
TsukuyomiREKT said:

People like you who cannot respect other people's opinion is the reason why threads end up derailing. Good job.

Pretty hypocritical coming from you.
"Well, she's flatter than a pancake"
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
"Are you trying to turn the dormitory into a strip club!?!
-Atena Saotome 
Sep 3, 2020 10:06 AM

Sep 2014
Tropisch said:
Hrybami said:

This remark was pretty hypocritical as well.
Sep 3, 2020 10:40 AM

Mar 2018
Hrybami said:
Tropisch said:

This was a bait post that called a really popular webtoon overrated for no reason. Those who bait and then have no reasoning for why they said what they did, should not be taken seriously.
Sep 3, 2020 11:19 AM

Sep 2014
Blood_Mage03 said:
Hrybami said:

This was a bait post that called a really popular webtoon overrated for no reason. Those who bait and then have no reasoning for why they said what they did, should not be taken seriously.

The OP obviously like the series. He just said that he felt like the score is overrated.

If I was to make the exact same thread but saying it is underrated instead of overrated. Would it still be called a bait?
Sep 3, 2020 11:40 AM

Mar 2018
Hrybami said:
Blood_Mage03 said:

The OP obviously like the series. He just said that he felt like the score is overrated.

If I was to make the exact same thread but saying it is underrated instead of overrated. Would it still be called a bait?

Yes, if you called a bad show underrated and had no reasoning for why you thought so then yes, it would still be bait. How can you say something is overrated or underrated if there is no basis for your argument? Even a shitty reason is better than no reason!
Sep 3, 2020 11:48 AM

Feb 2019
I didn't expect it to get a + 8,50 score tbh. As much as I enjoy it, it's not really that good.
Sep 3, 2020 12:00 PM

Sep 2014
Blood_Mage03 said:
Hrybami said:

Yes, if you called a bad show underrated and had no reasoning for why you thought so then yes, it would still be bait. How can you say something is overrated or underrated if there is no basis for your argument? Even a shitty reason is better than no reason!

Oh really? Because I always see people saying "This show is good" without giving any argument. I guess they are all baiting then. Strangely enough nobody say those people are baiting when it's a positive comment unless the anime is Shitcom or something like that.

It's also not like if people stop having opinion the moment they don't give an argument. You don't trust people until they give a reasoning or what? Please.
Sep 3, 2020 12:24 PM

Mar 2018
the scoring.
Hrybami said:
Blood_Mage03 said:

Oh really? Because I always see people saying "This show is good" without giving any argument. I guess they are all baiting then. Strangely enough nobody say those people are baiting when it's a positive comment unless the anime is Shitcom or something like that.

It's also not like if people stop having opinion the moment they don't give an argument. You don't trust people until they give a reasoning or what? Please.

You just brought in a completely different point. Saying that a show is good means that you as an individual like it, not stating that the communities ideas of it are faulty. Also, most of those threads back it up by stating what they specifically like about the new season or show. For example, I absolutely despise the recent 2 seasons of SAO cause the story is shit and every character besides kirito is useless, but there are still people who praise it due to its fluid animation and badass character. Do I think that those people are wrong regarding the fact that these 2 seasons of SAO are amazing, yes I do, but do the people provide a good reason as to why they love the arc and as to why people should see SAO in a different light, yes they do. Their opinion adds information that makes me think differently about the show, and even maybe appreciate more than if someone just spammed the fact that SAO is the most underrated show with absolutely no basis for their statement.

Also, your logic behind the fact that I interpreted that people should not have an opinion unless they back it up is flawd. I said that their opinion has no value to any discussion because there is nothing new to add to the conversation. They can have their opinion, but if there is literally nothing new that they add to the conversation, then their opinion holds zero value, and if you think that I am wrong, argue with any English teacher solely on the basis that a book is underrated or overrated without giving them a reason as to why you think so, and see if their opinion sways in any meaningful way. Unless the op gives me a basis for why they hold their opinion, it will just be irrelevant, since I currently see no major flaws in the story warranting it to be overrated.

Sep 3, 2020 3:34 PM
Aug 2020
Give it a rating yourself before you say it's overrated. Though 8.93 is dumb high. Read time.

Sep 3, 2020 5:14 PM

Sep 2014
Blood_Mage03 said:
the scoring.
Hrybami said:

You just brought in a completely different point. Saying that a show is good means that you as an individual like it, not stating that the communities ideas of it are faulty. Also, most of those threads back it up by stating what they specifically like about the new season or show. For example, I absolutely despise the recent 2 seasons of SAO cause the story is shit and every character besides kirito is useless, but there are still people who praise it due to its fluid animation and badass character. Do I think that those people are wrong regarding the fact that these 2 seasons of SAO are amazing, yes I do, but do the people provide a good reason as to why they love the arc and as to why people should see SAO in a different light, yes they do. Their opinion adds information that makes me think differently about the show, and even maybe appreciate more than if someone just spammed the fact that SAO is the most underrated show with absolutely no basis for their statement.

Also, your logic behind the fact that I interpreted that people should not have an opinion unless they back it up is flawd. I said that their opinion has no value to any discussion because there is nothing new to add to the conversation. They can have their opinion, but if there is literally nothing new that they add to the conversation, then their opinion holds zero value, and if you think that I am wrong, argue with any English teacher solely on the basis that a book is underrated or overrated without giving them a reason as to why you think so, and see if their opinion sways in any meaningful way. Unless the op gives me a basis for why they hold their opinion, it will just be irrelevant, since I currently see no major flaws in the story warranting it to be overrated.

That doesn't make any sense at all.

An opinion cannot be good or bad depending on how much you agree with it. You're basically saying that people may be wrong for liking something, but if they have the argument you agree with then it's okay even though they are wrong. You literally cannot accept anyone's opinion unless you agree with their arguments.

My logic wasn't flawed. People can have an opinion without detailing it to you. I never mentioned that they needed to enter into a conversation to have an opinion. They can have an opinion without debating around it. You just brought up the discussion point now for attempting to break my point with something unrelated.

Actually, I understand why people don't develop their opinions further than that. It's simply because nobody cares about you. They didn't intend to have a conversation with you. You could have approached them and trying to have a discussion with them. But no, disrespecting people's opinion is easier.

Also, you English Teacher point absolutely doesn't make any sense. It is foremost a fallacy known as the appeal to the authority for taking someone to prove a point. They could always been wrong all along and it won't mean that I cannot be right either way. Also, what could they possibly know if a book is overrated or underrated to me. Those terms are used to describe an opinion which basically means: "I think that this book is not as good or better than what the general audience think". Or by simplifying with "I disagree with the amount of praise this book currently receives" Should be more or should be less. Overrated or Underrated are words describing an opinions, not about developing it. So the teacher could as well explain their opinions, it doesn't mean I was wrong to like or dislike something.

OP is only irrelevant to you, many people like myself care about his opinion because we learned to respect other people's opinion. Maybe, who knows, OP might have better arguments than you.
KryzakamiHrybamiSep 3, 2020 5:17 PM
Sep 3, 2020 6:46 PM

Mar 2018
Hrybami said:
Blood_Mage03 said:
the scoring.

An opinion cannot be good or bad depending on how much you agree with it. You're basically saying that people may be wrong for liking something, but if they have the argument you agree with then it's okay even though they are wrong. You literally cannot accept anyone's opinion unless you agree with their arguments.

My logic wasn't flawed. People can have an opinion without detailing it to you. I never mentioned that they needed to enter into a conversation to have an opinion. They can have an opinion without debating around it. You just brought up the discussion point now for attempting to break my point with something unrelated.

Actually, I understand why people don't develop their opinions further than that. It's simply because nobody cares about you. They didn't intend to have a conversation with you. You could have approached them and trying to have a discussion with them. But no, disrespecting people's opinion is easier.

Also, you English Teacher point absolutely doesn't make any sense. It is foremost a fallacy known as the appeal to the authority for taking someone to prove a point. They could always been wrong all along and it won't mean that I cannot be right either way. Also, what could they possibly know if a book is overrated or underrated to me. Those terms are used to describe an opinion which basically means: "I think that this book is not as good or better than what the general audience think". Or by simplifying with "I disagree with the amount of praise this book currently receives" Should be more or should be less. Overrated or Underrated are words describing an opinions, not about developing it. So the teacher could as well explain their opinions, it doesn't mean I was wrong to like or dislike something.

OP is only irrelevant to you, many people like myself care about his opinion because we learned to respect other people's opinion. Maybe, who knows, OP might have better arguments than you.

If the op wanted to hold a discussion they would respond to the several people that quoted them and called out their opinion as irrelevant due to the fact that the op had no evidence. Personally, I dont give a shit if the op doesnt care about me, so thats why I said that their opinion is irrelevant. If the op wants to tell me why I am wrong then they can go ahead, but I dont see a reason as to why I have to respect an opinion that has no value outside of just throwing shade on the webtoon.

Secondly, this thread could also be easilly called spam under MAL's rule, which describes spam as "Content without any purpose, coherency or relevance whatsoever." I would absolutely love you to tell me the purpose of this thread other than just throwing shade on its popularity just because its popular. There was no clear attempt to facilitate a discussion, so I would love for you to tell me as to why this thread was made.
Sep 3, 2020 7:51 PM

Sep 2014
Blood_Mage03 said:
Hrybami said:

If the op wanted to hold a discussion they would respond to the several people that quoted them and called out their opinion as irrelevant due to the fact that the op had no evidence. Personally, I dont give a shit if the op doesnt care about me, so thats why I said that their opinion is irrelevant. If the op wants to tell me why I am wrong then they can go ahead, but I dont see a reason as to why I have to respect an opinion that has no value outside of just throwing shade on the webtoon.

Secondly, this thread could also be easilly called spam under MAL's rule, which describes spam as "Content without any purpose, coherency or relevance whatsoever." I would absolutely love you to tell me the purpose of this thread other than just throwing shade on its popularity just because its popular. There was no clear attempt to facilitate a discussion, so I would love for you to tell me as to why this thread was made.

Oh no you got it wrong. I don't think this thread is relevant whatsoever, it's even against the rule to make over/under rated thread. I just find it hypocritical that people are shitting on the OP for expressing his opinion when you can find people making similar thread with the opposite opinion and no one is disrepecting the OP.

Also what? How would throwing shade on a series be wrong? What's that, we cannot make a thread that isn't about circlejerking anymore? Because the series is popular? What the fuck, what does popularity has to do with that? Discussion or not, what you're asking is closely censorship.
Sep 4, 2020 12:32 AM

Dec 2019
I don't think I have the right to say anything as I did really enjoy it. But I do think Bastard is better though

"i tried to drown an 8 year old once"
- @marinara-sauce

バンの一味

Sep 4, 2020 5:26 AM

Mar 2018
Hrybami said:
Blood_Mage03 said:

Oh no you got it wrong. I don't think this thread is relevant whatsoever, it's even against the rule to make over/under rated thread. I just find it hypocritical that people are shitting on the OP for expressing his opinion when you can find people making similar thread with the opposite opinion and no one is disrepecting the OP.

Also what? How would throwing shade on a series be wrong? What's that, we cannot make a thread that isn't about circlejerking anymore? Because the series is popular? What the fuck, what does popularity has to do with that? Discussion or not, what you're asking is closely censorship.

Glad that we can find common ground on the fact that this thread is irrelevant :). Also, I never stated that I think that threads critiquing a media should be banned, but specifically said that this thread means to accomplish nothing except just bash the webtoon because its popular. I want to end this discussion on the fact that this thread did nothing to show people why the op would think that its overrated and that's my final take away from being here.

The best thing thing that I got out of this, was talking to someone about a random thing while waiting for photoshop to set up, and for that, I thank you for actually responding back instead of just ignoring my response :).
Sep 4, 2020 9:33 AM

Feb 2020
[quote=Hentry message=60572550]
Kuma said:
supransh said:

thanks for your opinion, BUT WHO THE FUCK CARES?[/quot
-Kami_sama- said:
I got up to the end of the 'Dungeon & Prisoners Arc' (at least that is the name from the wiki) around chapter 30-34 of the webtoon and then I stopped, it had really good art but it's story was quite generic. What is the point of a protagonist if he is perfect at every single thing, even Saitama has weaknesses, that being he isn't very smart. But in here he solves every single problem with a power up. Maybe if the plot wasn't so utterly generic and the fact that a 'real life levelling system' is so overdone nowadays, I might have kept going.

I have no clue as to why it is above Tower of God, when TOG beats it in every other category except for maybe the art design, but the art of TOG gets dramatically better as it goes along, even close to SL's level so I can't even give it an edge for that.
e]
yoif you had just read upto chapyer 45 ypu would know and there is a ability that he getas which is very unique and rare in anime scenario which a lot of anime pritagonists doesn't have if u judge a series then at leat read it upto halfway to cla your statetment you stupod bitch
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Your ending view (regarding extra chaps):

Vamp_Lord - Apr 24

9 by CollinHogenberg1 »»
20 minutes ago

Poll: » Solo Leveling Chapter 200 Discussion

Zaxphred - May 31, 2023

42 by Taniamichelle001 »»
Yesterday, 11:23 AM

Poll: » Solo Leveling Chapter 201 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Eoussama - Jul 9, 2023

57 by ttedim »»
Apr 24, 2:25 PM

Poll: » Are you satisfied with this ending ?

luckysjjsjsjs - Nov 19, 2023

11 by MH93 »»
Apr 24, 4:05 AM

Poll: » Solo Leveling Chapter 191 Discussion

MegamiRem - Mar 29, 2023

27 by MH93 »»
Apr 24, 2:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.